Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt7b
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 7B
Alias: Wnt-7b, protein Wnt-7b, wingless-related MMTV integration site 7B
Publications126 found, 100 shown here
- Brn-1 and Brn-2 share crucial roles in the production and positioning of mouse neocortical neuronsYoshinobu Sugitani
Department of Cell Biology, JFCR Cancer Institute, Tokyo 170 8455, Japan
Genes Dev 16:1760-5. 2002..These data indicate that Brn-1 and Brn-2 share roles in the production and positioning of neocortical neuron development...
- Gli3 is required for the specification and differentiation of preplate neuronsThomas Theil
Institute for Animal Developmental and Molecular Biology, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Dev Biol 286:559-71. 2005..progenitor cells start to loose their apical/basal cell polarity correlating with an ectopic expression of Wnt7b in the ventricular zone. In addition, the cellular composition of the preplate is severely altered...
- Attenuated Wnt signaling perturbs pancreatic growth but not pancreatic functionStella Papadopoulou
Umeå Centre for Molecular Medicine, University of Umea, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Diabetes 54:2844-51. 2005..Collectively, our data provide evidence that Wnt signaling is required for pancreatic growth but not adult beta-cell function...
- GATA and Nkx factors synergistically regulate tissue-specific gene expression and development in vivoYuzhen Zhang
Department of Medicine and University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 134:189-98. 2007....
- Regulation of endothelial cell cytoskeletal reorganization by a secreted frizzled-related protein-1 and frizzled 4- and frizzled 7-dependent pathway: role in neovessel formationPascale Dufourcq
INSERM U828, Av du haut lévèque, 33600 Pessac, France
Am J Pathol 172:37-49. 2008..Among the few Wnt family members implicated in vessel formation in adult, Wnt7b and Frizzled 4 have been shown as involved in vessel formation in the lung and in the retina, respectively...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002In this study, we find that WNT7b is the only member of the WNT family of autocrine/paracrine signaling molecules whose expression in the lung is restricted to the airway epithelium during embryonic development...
- The divergent roles of secreted frizzled related protein-1 (SFRP1) in lung morphogenesis and emphysemaRobert Foronjy
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 177:598-607. 2010..Thus, SFRP1 induction during tissue injury is unlikely to contribute to the repair response but rather is a participatory factor in the pathogenesis of emphysema and tissue destruction...
- Secreted Wnt antagonist Dickkopf-1 controls kidney papilla development coordinated by Wnt-7b signallingIlkka Pietilä
Oulu Center for Cell Matrix Research, Biocenter Oulu, Laboratory of Developmental Biology and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Dev Biol 353:50-60. 2011..Based on the results, we propose that Dkk1 controls the degree of Wnt-7b signalling in the papilla to coordinate kidney organogenesis...
- The midbrain-hindbrain phenotype of Wnt-1-/Wnt-1- mice results from stepwise deletion of engrailed-expressing cells by 9.5 days postcoitumA P McMahon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Cell 69:581-95. 1992..We suggest that functional redundancy between these two genes accounts for the lack of a caudal central nervous system phenotype...
- A new nomenclature for int-1 and related genes: the Wnt gene familyR Nusse
Cell 64:231. 1991
- Evidence for a mitogenic effect of Wnt-1 in the developing mammalian central nervous systemM E Dickinson
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 120:1453-71. 1994..Rather, our experiments indicate that Wnt-1 can act as a mitogen in the developing CNS...
- Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) reveals that fibronectin is a major target of Wnt signaling in branching morphogenesis of the mouse embryonic lungStijn P De Langhe
Developmental Biology Program, Department of Surgery, USC Keck School of Medicine and the Saban Research Institute of Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 277:316-31. 2005..DKK1-induced morphogenetic defects can be mimicked by inhibition of FN and overcome by addition of exogenous FN, suggesting an involvement of FN in Wnt-regulated morphogenetic processes...
- Expression of multiple novel Wnt-1/int-1-related genes during fetal and adult mouse developmentB J Gavin
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Hoffmann La Roche, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 4:2319-32. 1990..All new Wnt family members are expressed in adult tissues, particularly in brain and lung. These data support the view that the Wnt-1/int-1 family constitutes a large family of signaling peptides with diverse roles in mouse development...
- Expression pattern of two Frizzled-related genes, Frzb-1 and Sfrp-1, during mouse embryogenesis suggests a role for modulating action of Wnt family membersB H Hoang
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio 44106, USA
Dev Dyn 212:364-72. 1998..We conclude from these experiments that Frzb-1 is expressed at a time and location to modulate the action of Wnt family members during development of the limbs and central nervous system...
- Proteoglycans are required for maintenance of Wnt-11 expression in the ureter tipsA Kispert
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 122:3627-37. 1996..We suggest that Wnt-11 acts as an autocrine factor within the ureter epithelium and that its expression is regulated at least in part by proteoglycans...
- A local Wnt-3a signal is required for development of the mammalian hippocampusS M Lee
Department of Molecular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 127:457-67. 2000..Thus, Wnt-3a signaling is crucial for the normal growth of the hippocampus. We suggest that the coordination of growth with patterning may be a general role for Wnts during vertebrate development...
- Hippocampus development and generation of dentate gyrus granule cells is regulated by LEF1J Galceran
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Development 127:469-82. 2000..Thus, LEF1 regulates the generation of dentate gyrus granule cells, and together with other LEF1/TCF proteins, the development of the hippocampus...
- Wnt7b regulates placental development in miceB A Parr
MCD Biology, University of Colorado, 347 UCB, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0347, USA
Dev Biol 237:324-32. 2001..We have generated a targeted mutation in the mouse Wnt7b gene. Homozygous Wnt7b mutant mice die at midgestation stages as a result of placental abnormalities...
- Wnt genes define distinct boundaries in the developing human brain: implications for human forebrain patterningA Abu-Khalil
Program in Neurogenetics, Neurology Department, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1769, USA
J Comp Neurol 474:276-88. 2004..We examined the expression of WNT2b and WNT7b in the human brain, because these genes have highly distinctive expression patterns in the embryonic mouse ..
- Sequential roles of Hedgehog and Wnt signaling in osteoblast developmentHongliang Hu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 132:49-60. 2005..Finally Wnt7b is identified as a potential endogenous ligand regulating osteogenesis...
- Wnt7b activates canonical signaling in epithelial and vascular smooth muscle cells through interactions with Fzd1, Fzd10, and LRP5Zhishan Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 956 BRB II III, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:5022-30. 2005b>Wnt7b is a Wnt ligand that has been demonstrated to play critical roles in several developmental processes, including lung airway and vascular development and chorion-allantois fusion during placental development...
- Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital systemThomas J Carroll
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Dev Cell 9:283-92. 2005..Together these findings suggest that Wnt9b is a common organizing signal regulating diverse components of the mammalian urogenital system...
- Signaling across the synapse: a role for Wnt and Dishevelled in presynaptic assembly and neurotransmitter releaseAzlina Ahmad-Annuar
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, England, UK
J Cell Biol 174:127-39. 2006..These findings demonstrate that Wnts signal across the synapse on Dvl-expressing presynaptic terminals to regulate synaptic assembly and suggest a potential novel function for Wnts in neurotransmitter release...
- Noncanonical Wnt signaling through G protein-linked PKCdelta activation promotes bone formationXiaolin Tu
Department of Medicine, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Cell 12:113-27. 2007..Furthermore, Wnt7b, expressed by osteogenic cells in vivo, induces osteoblast differentiation in vitro via the PKCdelta-mediated ..
- Dicer regulates the development of nephrogenic and ureteric compartments in the mammalian kidneyVidya K Nagalakshmi
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Kidney Int 79:317-30. 2011..Furthermore, an understanding of miRNA action may provide new insights into the etiology and pathogenesis of renal cyst-based kidney disease...
- Mouse Wnt genes exhibit discrete domains of expression in the early embryonic CNS and limb budsB A Parr
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 119:247-61. 1993..We discuss the significance of these patterns of restricted and partially overlapping domains of expression with respect to the putative function of Wnt signalling in early CNS and limb development...
- Hoxa11 and Hoxd11 regulate branching morphogenesis of the ureteric bud in the developing kidneyL T Patterson
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 128:2153-61. 2001..In situ hybridizations with Wnt7b, a marker of the metanephric kidney, show that the branching defect was not simply the result of homeotic ..
- Anterior-posterior guidance of commissural axons by Wnt-frizzled signalingAnna I Lyuksyutova
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Science 302:1984-8. 2003..Thus, Wnt-Frizzled signaling guides commissural axons along the anterior-posterior axis of the spinal cord...
- Alterations of the growth characteristics of the fibroblast cell line C3H 10T1/2 by members of the Wnt gene familyJ M Bradbury
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Oncogene 9:2597-603. 1994..We conclude that at least some mesenchymal cells can respond to Wnt gene products. Our results are also the first report of biological effects of Wnt-6 and Wnt-7b...
- Genetic aspects of embryonic eye development in vertebratesJ Graw
Institut fur Saugetiergenetik, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit Neuherberg, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Dev Genet 18:181-97. 1996..g., Chx10, Dlx1, GH6, Msx1 and -2, Otx1 and -2, or Wnt7b. Mutations within the retinoblastoma gene (RB1) are responsible for retinal tumors...
- Tbr1 regulates differentiation of the preplate and layer 6R F Hevner
Nina Ireland Laboratory of, Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neuron 29:353-66. 2001..These results show that Tbr1 is a common genetic determinant for the differentiation of early-born glutamatergic neocortical neurons and provide insights into the functions of these neurons as regulators of cortical development...
- Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut developmentH Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 105:181-4. 2001..5. Wnt11 is highly expressed at the gastro-esophageal junctions, while Wnt4 is found in the epithelium lining the pyloric region of the stomach but not in the epithelium of the prospective gland region...
- Severe defects in dorsal thalamic development in low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-6 mutantsCheng Ji Zhou
Department of Neurology, Program in Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0435, USA
J Neurosci 24:7632-9. 2004..This study provides compelling in vivo evidence that thalamic development requires normal activity of the LRP6-mediated canonical Wnt signaling pathway...
- Effects of Emx2 inactivation on the gene expression profile of neural precursorsRosaria M R Gangemi
National Institute for Cancer Research, 16132 Genova, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 23:325-34. 2006....
- Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney developmentKristopher R Schwab
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
BMC Biol 5:15. 2007..To better understand the functions of Pygopus-mediated canonical Wnt signaling in kidney development, targeted mutations were made in the two mammalian orthologs, Pygo1 and Pygo2...
- Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon developmentJulia M Gohlke
Environmental Systems Biology Group, Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, RTP, NC 27709, USA
BMC Biol 6:15. 2008..The proneural proteins Mash1 and Ngn2 are key cell autonomous regulators of neurogenesis in the mammalian central nervous system, yet little is known about the molecular pathways regulated by these transcription factors...
- Mesenchymal stem cells produce Wnt isoforms and TGF-beta1 that mediate proliferation and procollagen expression by lung fibroblastsKeith D Salazar
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L1002-11. 2009..addition, anti-Wnt1 and anti-Wnt2 antibodies attenuated MSC-CM-induced proliferation, and increased expression of Wnt7b was identified. As would be expected in cells activated by Wnt, nuclear beta-catenin was increased...
- Timing of cortical interneuron migration is influenced by the cortical hemGiuliana Caronia-Brown
Department of Neurobiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Cereb Cortex 21:748-55. 2011....
- The mutation in Chd7 causes misexpression of Bmp4 and developmental defects in telencephalic midlineXuan Jiang
Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study of Ministry of Education, Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Am J Pathol 181:626-41. 2012..These studies provide novel insight into pathogenesis of CNS anomalies in CHARGE syndrome...
- Wnt ligands signal in a cooperative manner to promote foregut organogenesisMayumi F Miller
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15348-53. 2012..We show that two Wnt ligands, Wnt2 and Wnt7b, cooperatively induce Wnt signaling without affecting the stabilization of the Wnt canonical effector β-catenin ..
- A positive feedback loop involving Gcm1 and Fzd5 directs chorionic branching morphogenesis in the placentaJinhua Lu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
PLoS Biol 11:e1001536. 2013..These data indicate that Gcm1 and Fzd5 function in an evolutionary conserved positive feedback loop that regulates trophoblast differentiation and sites of chorionic branching morphogenesis...
- Deletion of the prorenin receptor from the ureteric bud causes renal hypodysplasiaRenfang Song
Department of Pediatrics, Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e63835. 2013..We propose that mutations in PRR could possibly cause renal hypodysplasia and renal tubular acidosis in humans...
- Submandibular parasympathetic gangliogenesis requires sprouty-dependent Wnt signals from epithelial progenitorsWendy M Knosp
Matrix and Morphogenesis Section, NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Cell 32:667-77. 2015..Thus, K5+ progenitors produce Wnt signals to establish the PSG-epithelial communication required for organ innervation and progenitor cell maintenance...
- Endodermal Wnt signaling is required for tracheal cartilage formationJohn Snowball
The Perinatal Institute Division of Neonatology, Perinatal and Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center Research Foundation, USA
Dev Biol 405:56-70. 2015..Ex vivo studies demonstrated that Wnt7b and Wnt5a, expressed by the epithelium of developing trachea, and active Wnt/β-catenin signaling are required for ..
- Wnt4 is essential to normal mammalian lung developmentArianna Caprioli
Dept of Biology and Physical Sciences, Marymount Univ, 2807 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22207, USA
Dev Biol 406:222-34. 2015..Together, these data reveal a previously unknown role for the secreted protein Wnt4 in respiratory system development. ..
- Lhx2 regulates the timing of β-catenin-dependent cortical neurogenesisLea Chia Ling Hsu
Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 115, Taiwan Molecular Cell Biology, Taiwan International Graduate Program, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 115, Taiwan Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, 114, Taiwan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:12199-204. 2015..Thus, we concluded that Lhx2 is required for β-catenin function in maintaining cortical progenitor proliferation and controls the timing of cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Cooperative and independent functions of FGF and Wnt signaling during early inner ear developmentKevin D Wright
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 53226, USA
BMC Dev Biol 15:33. 2015..Here, we investigate cross talk between FGF/SPRY and Wnt signaling during otic placode induction and assess whether these two signaling pathways functionally cooperate during early inner ear development in the mouse...
- Abnormal epigenetic regulation of the gene expression levels of Wnt2b and Wnt7b: Implications for neural tube defectsBaoling Bai
Beijing Municipal Key Laboratory of Child Development and Nutriomics, Capital Institute of Pediatrics, Beijing 100020, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:99-106. 2016..Therefore, the present study aimed to evaluate whether Wnt2b and Wnt7b are susceptible to abnormal epigenetic modification in NTDs, using chromatin immunoprecipitation assays to ..
- Diverse Functions of Retinoic Acid in Brain Vascular DevelopmentStephanie Bonney
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, School of Medicine Anschutz Medical Campus Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Neurosci 36:7786-801. 2016..From this, a model emerges in which RA acts upstream of the WNT pathway via non-cell-autonomous and cell-autonomous mechanisms to ensure the formation of an adequate and stable brain vascular plexus...
- Modulation of apical constriction by Wnt signaling is required for lung epithelial shape transitionKatsumi Fumoto
Departments of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Development 144:151-162. 2017..These results suggest that Wnt signaling is required for bud formation by inducing apical constriction during the pseudoglandular stage, whereas loss of Wnt signaling is necessary for air sac formation in the canalicular-saccular stages...
- Expression of Wnt signalling pathway genes during tooth developmentL Sarkar
Department of Craniofacial Development, Guy s Tower, Guy s, Kings and St Thomas Schools of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Floor 28, Guy s Tower, London Bridge, London SE1 9RT, UK
Mech Dev 85:197-200. 1999..Wnt-5a and MFrzb1 show strong expression in the dental papilla mesenchyme...
- FGF8 can activate Gbx2 and transform regions of the rostral mouse brain into a hindbrain fateA Liu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 126:4827-38. 1999....
- Spatial and temporal expression of Wnt and Dickkopf genes during murine lens developmentS J Ang
Save Sight Institute, The University of Sydney, GPO Box 4337, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Gene Expr Patterns 4:289-95. 2004..In situ hybridisation showed that Wnt5a, Wnt5b, Wnt7a, Wnt7b, Wnt8a and Wnt8b genes are expressed throughout the early lens primordia. At embryonic day 14.5 (E14...
- WNT7b mediates macrophage-induced programmed cell death in patterning of the vasculatureIvan B Lobov
Division of Developmental Biology, The Children s Hospital Research Foundation and Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Nature 437:417-21. 2005..We show in mice that macrophage WNT7b is a short-range paracrine signal required for WNT-pathway responses and programmed cell death in the vascular ..
- Dlx homeobox genes promote cortical interneuron migration from the basal forebrain by direct repression of the semaphorin receptor neuropilin-2Trung N Le
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0V9, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:19071-81. 2007..As well, our results support the hypothesis that down-regulation of Neuropilin-2 expression may facilitate tangential interneuron migration from the basal forebrain...
- Differential activity of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the embryonic mouse thalamusKrista K Bluske
Department of Neuroscience, and Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Dev Dyn 238:3297-309. 2009..Analysis of mice with enhanced or reduced Shh signal showed that Axin2 expression is similar to controls. These results suggest that differential Wnt signaling may play a role in patterning the thalamus independent of Shh signaling...
- Mesothelial- and epithelial-derived FGF9 have distinct functions in the regulation of lung developmentYongjun Yin
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 138:3169-77. 2011..During pseudoglandular stages of lung development, Wnt2a and Wnt7b are the canonical WNT ligands that activate mesenchymal WNT/β-catenin signaling, whereas FGF9 is the only known ..
- Wnt/Shh interactions regulate ectodermal boundary formation during mammalian tooth developmentL Sarkar
Department of Craniofacial Development, GKT Dental Institute, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:4520-4. 2000..Implantation of beads soaked in Shh protein into Wnt-7b-infected explants resulted in complete rescue of tooth development, confirming that the repressive action of Wnt-7b specifically affects Shh signaling...
- Gene trap screening as an effective approach for identification of Wnt-responsive genes in the mouse embryoYoshifumi Yamaguchi
Okazaki Institute for Integrative Biosciences, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Dev Dyn 233:484-95. 2005..These results indicate that the gene trap is an effective method for systematic identification of Wnt-responsive genes during embryogenesis...
- Patterns of Wnt pathway activity in the mouse incisor indicate absence of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the epithelial stem cellsMarika Suomalainen
Developmental Biology Programme, Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 239:364-72. 2010..We conclude that epithelial stem cells in the mouse incisors are not regulated directly by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- The canonical Wnt signaling pathway is not involved in renal cyst development in the kidneys of inv mutant miceNoriyuki Sugiyama
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Kidney Int 79:957-65. 2011..Thus, our results do not support the hypothesis that canonical Wnt signaling causes renal cyst development in these mice...
- The role of Irf6 in tooth epithelial invaginationJames Blackburn
Department of Craniofacial Development and Comprehensive Biomedical Research Centre, Dental Institute, King s College London, UK
Dev Biol 365:61-70. 2012..Irf6 thus also plays a critical role in regulating epithelial invagination. In addition, we also found that canonical Wnt signaling is upregulated in evaginated incisor epithelium of both Ikkα and Irf6 mutant embryos...
- c-Met and NF-κB-dependent overexpression of Wnt7a and -7b and Pax2 promotes cystogenesis in polycystic kidney diseaseShan Qin
Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:1309-18. 2012..c-Met led to increased NF-κB signaling, which in turn, drove de novo expression of Wnt7a and overexpression of Wnt7b in Pkd1(-/-) mouse kidneys...
- Canonical Wnt signaling regulates smooth muscle precursor development in the mouse ureterMark Oliver Trowe
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Development 139:3099-108. 2012..Here, we identified epithelial Wnt7b and Wnt9b as possible ligands of Fzd1-mediated β-catenin (Ctnnb1)-dependent (canonical) Wnt signaling in the ..
- Conditional Aurora A deficiency differentially affects early mouse embryo patterningYeonsoo Yoon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Dev Biol 371:77-85. 2012..Our results reveal new ways to induce apoptosis and to ablate cells in a tissue-specific manner in vivo. Moreover, they show that epiblast-ablated embryos can be used to test the potency of stem cells...
- The ciliary Evc/Evc2 complex interacts with Smo and controls Hedgehog pathway activity in chondrocytes by regulating Sufu/Gli3 dissociation and Gli3 trafficking in primary ciliaJosé A Caparrós-Martín
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Madrid, Arturo Duperier 4, Madrid 28029, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 22:124-39. 2013..Together our data reveal that the Hh pathway involves Evc/Evc2-dependent modulations that are necessary for normal endochondral bone formation...
- Gli3 is required in Emx1+ progenitors for the development of the corpus callosumEleni Maria Amaniti
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 376:113-24. 2013..Collectively, these data demonstrate a crucial role for Gli3 in cortical progenitors to control CC formation and indicate how defects in CSB formation affect the positioning of callosal guidepost cells...
- An interspecific linkage map of mouse chromosome 15 positioned with respect to the centromereC I Brannan
Mammalian Genetics Laboratory, ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Genomics 13:1075-81. 1992....
- Exogenous retinoic acid rapidly induces anterior ectopic expression of murine Hox-2 genes in vivoR A Conlon
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Development 116:357-68. 1992....
- Differential regulation of the Wnt gene family during pregnancy and lactation suggests a role in postnatal development of the mammary glandB J Gavin
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Mol Cell Biol 12:2418-23. 1992..We propose that Wnt-mediated signalling is involved in normal regulation of mammary development and that inappropriate expression of Wnt-1, Wnt-3, and possibly other family members can interfere with these signalling pathways...
- Disruption of PAX6 function in mice homozygous for the Pax6Sey-1Neu mutation produces abnormalities in the early development and regionalization of the diencephalonJ C Grindley
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2175, USA
Mech Dev 64:111-26. 1997..In the posterior diencephalon PAX6 appears to regulate its own transcription, and that of Wnt7b. In p2 and p3, ventral markers are expressed more dorsally than normal, and this is accompanied in p3 by a ..
- Cooperation between Otx1 and Otx2 genes in developmental patterning of rostral brainY Suda
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Mech Dev 69:125-41. 1997....
- Sonic hedgehog regulates branching morphogenesis in the mammalian lungC V Pepicelli
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Curr Biol 8:1083-6. 1998..In addition, the transcription of several mesenchymally expressed downstream targets of Shh is abolished. These results highlight the importance of epithelially derived Shh in regulating branching morphogenesis of the lung...
- The WntsJ J Loureiro
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 3280, USA
Curr Biol 9:R4. 1999
- Molecular genetic studies of Wnt signaling in the mouseM Uusitalo
Faculties of Science and Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, 90570, Finland
Exp Cell Res 253:336-48. 1999
- The evolutionarily conserved porcupine gene family is involved in the processing of the Wnt familyK Tanaka
Graduate Program for Regulation of Biological Signals, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 267:4300-11. 2000..These results demonstrate that the porc gene family encodes the multitransmembrane ER proteins, which are evolutionarily well conserved and involved in processing the Wnt family...
- Glypican-3 modulates BMP- and FGF-mediated effects during renal branching morphogenesisS Grisaru
Division of Nephrology, Program in Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 231:31-46. 2001..We propose that GPC3 modulates the actions of stimulatory and inhibitory growth factors during branching morphogenesis...
- Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesisS Reddy
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Dev 107:69-82. 2001..These results identify candidates for several key follicular signals and suggest that WNT and SHH signaling pathways interact to regulate hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Wnt7b regulates mesenchymal proliferation and vascular development in the lungWeiguo Shu
Department of Medicine and the Molecular Cardiology Research Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 129:4831-42. 2002..b>Wnt7b is expressed in the airway epithelium, suggesting a possible role for Wnt-mediated signaling in the regulation of ..
- Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Development 130:2375-84. 2003..We propose that Wnt signaling across the region of developing outer hair cells gives rise to planar polarity in the mammalian cochlea...
- Graded phenotypic response to partial and complete deficiency of a brain-specific transcript variant of the winged helix transcription factor RFX4Perry J Blackshear
Office of Clinical Research, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Development 130:4539-52. 2003..These findings may be relevant to human congenital hydrocephalus, a birth defect that affects approximately 0.6 per 1000 newborns...
- A genome-wide study of gene activity reveals developmental signaling pathways in the preimplantation mouse embryoQ Tian Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Dev Cell 6:133-44. 2004..Overall, these data provide a detailed temporal profile of gene expression that reveals the richness of signaling processes in early mammalian development...
- Compensatory roles of Foxa1 and Foxa2 during lung morphogenesisHuajing Wan
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 280:13809-16. 2005..Foxa family members regulate signaling and transcriptional programs required for morphogenesis and cell differentiation during formation of the lung...
- The forkhead box m1 transcription factor is essential for embryonic development of pulmonary vasculatureIl Man Kim
Department of Medicine and Committee on Developmental Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 280:22278-86. 2005..In summary, development of mouse lungs depends on the Foxm1 transcription factor, which regulates expression of genes essential for mesenchyme proliferation, extracellular matrix remodeling, and vasculogenesis...
- C3G regulates the size of the cerebral cortex neural precursor populationAnne K Voss
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
EMBO J 25:3652-63. 2006..Our results show that the size of the cortical neural precursor population is controlled by C3G-mediated inhibition of the Ras signalling pathway...
- Loss- and gain-of-function analyses reveal targets of Pax6 in the developing mouse telencephalonPontus C Holm
Institute for Stem Cell Research, National Research Center for Environment and Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg Munich, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 34:99-119. 2007..Most intriguingly, this analysis revealed time- and region-specific differences in Pax6-mediated transcription, explaining the specific function of Pax6 at early and later stages of neurogenesis...
- Canonical WNT signaling during kidney developmentDiana M Iglesias
Department of Human Genetics, McGill University Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, 4060 St Catherine West, Montreal, QC, Canada H3Z 2Z3
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F494-500. 2007..We conclude that restricted zones of intense canonical WNT signaling drive branching nephrogenesis in fetal kidney...
- Hand transcription factors cooperatively regulate development of the distal midline mesenchymeAna C Barbosa
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Dev Biol 310:154-68. 2007..These findings demonstrate the importance of Hand transcription factors in the transcriptional circuitry of craniofacial and tooth development...
- Obligatory participation of macrophages in an angiopoietin 2-mediated cell death switchSujata Rao
Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 134:4449-58. 2007..We propose that this mechanism represents an adaptation to ensure that the macrophage and its disposal capability are on hand when cell death occurs...
- Interaction of SIGNR1 expressed by marginal zone macrophages with marginal zone B cells is essential to early IgM responses against Streptococcus pneumoniaeEstella A Koppel
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, v d Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 45:2881-7. 2008..pneumoniae...
- An FGF-WNT gene regulatory network controls lung mesenchyme developmentYongjun Yin
Department of Developmental Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8103, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 319:426-36. 2008..Together, both FGF and WNT signaling pathways function to sustain mesenchymal growth and coordinate epithelial morphogenesis during the pseudoglandular stage of lung development...
- A Gata6-Wnt pathway required for epithelial stem cell development and airway regenerationYuzhen Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 956 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Genet 40:862-70. 2008..Together, these data demonstrate that Gata6-regulated Wnt signaling controls the balance between progenitor expansion and epithelial differentiation required for both lung development and regeneration...
- Wnts acting through canonical and noncanonical signaling pathways exert opposite effects on hippocampal synapse formationElizabeth K Davis
Division of Biological Sciences, Neurobiology Section, UCSD, La Jolla, CA 92093 0366, USA
Neural Dev 3:32. 2008..However, it is not clear whether the influence of Wnts on synapses is a result of Wnts' behavior in different organisms or differences in the activity of different Wnt ligands...
- Beta-catenin-mediated Wnt signaling regulates neurogenesis in the ventral telencephalonAlexandra A Gulacsi
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, Box 244, New York, New York, 10065, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:1383-91. 2008....
- Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signalingDritan Agalliu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Kavli Institute for Brain Science, Departments of Neuroscience and Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 61:708-20. 2009..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity...
- Reciprocal requirements for EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB and Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathways in hair follicle inductionYuhang Zhang
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 17:49-61. 2009..These data reveal a complex interplay and interdependence of Wnt/beta-catenin and EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB signaling pathways in initiation and maintenance of primary hair follicle placodes...
- Wnt2/2b and beta-catenin signaling are necessary and sufficient to specify lung progenitors in the foregutAshley M Goss
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 17:290-8. 2009..Together, these data reveal that canonical Wnt2/2b signaling is required for the specification of lung endoderm progenitors in the developing foregut...
- Wnt signaling regulates smooth muscle precursor development in the mouse lung via a tenascin C/PDGFR pathwayEthan David Cohen
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 119:2538-49. 2009..b>Wnt7b, which is exclusively expressed in the lung epithelium, is important for lung vascular smooth muscle integrity, ..
- Wnt signaling in heart valve development and osteogenic gene inductionChristina M Alfieri
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, ML 7020, 240 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Biol 338:127-35. 2010..At E17.5, both Wnt3a and Wnt7b are expressed in the remodeling atrioventricular (AV) and semilunar valves...
- Kidney development in the absence of Gdnf and Spry1 requires Fgf10Odysse Michos
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Genet 6:e1000809. 2010..In contrast to GDNF or FGF10, Etv4 and Etv5 represent a critical node in the RTK signaling network that cannot by bypassed by reducing the negative regulation of upstream signals...
- Macrophage Wnt7b is critical for kidney repair and regenerationShuei Liong Lin
Laboratory of Inflammation Research, Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4194-9. 2010..Here we show, using the kidney as a model, that the Wnt pathway ligand Wnt7b is produced by macrophages to stimulate repair and regeneration...
- Towards renal regenerationMelissa Little; Fiscal Year: 2004..Human ES cell work will be performed using ES01, 02, 03, 04, 05 & 06 listed on the NIH ES cell line registry. ..
- Is non-canonical Wnt signaling required in cardiac neural crest cells?Ethan David Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This.information may lead to new detection or treatment strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..