Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt8a
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 8A
Alias: Stra11, Wnt-8A, Wnt-8D, Wnt8d, protein Wnt-8a, protein Wnt-8d, stimulated by retinoic acid gene 11 protein, wingless-related MMTV integration site 8A, wingless-related MMTV integration site 8D, wnt-8
- A new mouse member of the Wnt gene family, mWnt-8, is expressed during early embryogenesis and is ectopically induced by retinoic acidP Bouillet
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP College de France, C U de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
Mech Dev 58:141-52. 1996..We also show that mWnt-8 expression is ectopically induced in the rostral neural plate in response to RA exposure of presumitic (7-7.5 days post coitum) cultured mouse embryos...
- Canonical Wnt signaling and its antagonist regulate anterior-posterior axis polarization by guiding cell migration in mouse visceral endodermChiharu Kimura-Yoshida
Vertebrate Body Plan Group, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology CDB, 2 2 3 Minatojima minami cho, Chuou ku Kobe, Hyogo 650 0047, Japan
Dev Cell 9:639-50. 2005..We propose that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling mediates A-P axis polarization by guiding cell migration toward the prospective anterior in the pregastrula mouse embryo...
- Cooperative and independent functions of FGF and Wnt signaling during early inner ear developmentKevin D Wright
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 53226, USA
BMC Dev Biol 15:33. 2015..However, in the mouse, although FGF signaling induces Wnt8a expression during induction of the otic placode, it is unclear whether these two signaling pathways functionally ..
- Wnt8a and Wnt3a cooperate in the axial stem cell niche to promote mammalian body axis extensionThomas J Cunningham
Development, Aging, and Regeneration Program, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, California
Dev Dyn 244:797-807. 2015..Body axis extension requires Wnt8a in lower vertebrates, but in mammals Wnt3a is required, although the anterior trunk develops in the absence of ..
- Tbx6-dependent Sox2 regulation determines neural or mesodermal fate in axial stem cellsTatsuya Takemoto
Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, 1 3 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 470:394-8. 2011..Thus, Tbx6 represses Sox2 by inactivating enhancer N1 to inhibit neural development, and this is an essential step for the specification of paraxial mesoderm from the axial stem cells...
- Roles of Wnt8a during formation and patterning of the mouse inner earVictor Vendrell
Instituto de Biologia y Genetica Molecular, Universidad de Valladolid y Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, c Sanz y Forés 3, E 47003 Valladolid, Spain
Mech Dev 130:160-8. 2013..Due to its spatiotemporal expression during placode formation in the hindbrain Wnt8a has been postulated as a potential candidate for its specification...
- Restriction of Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst determines semicircular canal formation in the mouse embryoTeppei Noda
Department of Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Dev Biol 362:83-93. 2012..Our stage-specific functional analysis suggests that strict regulation of canonical Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst orchestrates the process of semicircular canal formation...
- The stabilization of beta-catenin leads to impaired primordial germ cell development via aberrant cell cycle progressionTohru Kimura
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 300:545-53. 2006..Our results show that the suppression of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is a prerequisite for the normal development of PGCs...
- Efficient cloning of cDNAs of retinoic acid-responsive genes in P19 embryonal carcinoma cells and characterization of a novel mouse gene, Stra1 (mouse LERK-2/Eplg2)P Bouillet
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, C U de Strasbourg, France
Dev Biol 170:420-33. 1995..We also report the sequence and expression pattern in mouse embryos and adult tissues of one of these novel RA-inducible genes, Stra1, and show that it corresponds to the mouse ligand for the Cek5 receptor protein-tyrosine kinase...
- Altered segmental identity and abnormal migration of motor neurons in mice lacking Hoxb-1M Studer
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Nature 384:630-4. 1996..These results demonstrate that, as a part of its role in maintaining rhombomere identity, Hoxb-1 is involved in controlling migratory properties of motor neurons in the hindbrain...
- Sprouty1 and Sprouty2 limit both the size of the otic placode and hindbrain Wnt8a by antagonizing FGF signalingAmanda A Mahoney Rogers
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Dev Biol 353:94-104. 2011..enlargement of the otic placode observed in Spry1⁻/⁻; Spry2⁻/⁻ embryos is preceded by an expansion of a Wnt8a expression domain in the adjacent hindbrain...
- Expression pattern of mouse sFRP-1 and mWnt-8 gene during heart morphogenesisB Jaspard
INSERM U441, Avenue du Haut Leveque, 33 600, Pessac, France
Mech Dev 90:263-7. 2000..Immunoprecipitation experiments demonstrates that FrzA binds to mWnt-8 in cell culture experiments...
- Hoxb3 negatively regulates Hoxb1 expression in mouse hindbrain patterningElaine Y M Wong
Department of Biochemistry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Dev Biol 352:382-92. 2011..This study reveals a novel negative regulatory mechanism by which Hoxb3 as a posterior gene serves to restrict Hoxb1 expression in r4 by direct transcriptional repression to maintain the rhombomere identity...
- FGF signaling regulates otic placode induction and refinement by controlling both ectodermal target genes and hindbrain Wnt8aLisa D Urness
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 N 2030 E, RM 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5330, USA
Dev Biol 340:595-604. 2010..Assays of hindbrain Wnt genes revealed that only Wnt8a was reduced or absent in FGF-deficient embryos, and that even some Fgf3(-)(/)(-);Fgf10(-)(/+) and Fgf3(-)(/)(-) ..
- Effect of retinoic acid signaling on Wnt/beta-catenin and FGF signaling during body axis extensionXianling Zhao
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, Development and Aging Program, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 9:430-5. 2009..deficient quail embryos and Raldh2(-/-) mouse embryos lacking RA synthesis exhibit ectopic expression of Fgf8 and Wnt8a in the developing trunk...
- Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signalingDritan Agalliu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Kavli Institute for Brain Science, Departments of Neuroscience and Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 61:708-20. 2009..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity...
- Dkk1 and Wnt3 interact to control head morphogenesis in the mouseSamara L Lewis
Children s Medical Research Institute, University of Sydney, Wentworthville, New South Wales, NSW 2145, Australia
Development 135:1791-801. 2008..These findings highlight that head development is sensitive to the level of WNT3 signalling and that DKK1 is the key antagonist that modulates WNT3 activity during anterior morphogenesis...
- Increased expression of Wnt2 and SFRP4 in Tsk mouse skin: role of Wnt signaling in altered dermal fibrillin deposition and systemic sclerosisJulie Bayle
Department of Medicine, Rheumatology Section, Boston University School of Medicine, Arthritis Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:871-81. 2008..Lesional skin from SSc patients also showed large increases in SFRP4 mRNA and protein levels in the deep dermis compared to healthy skin, suggesting that the Wnt pathway might regulate skin fibrosis in SSc...
- Canonical Wnt signaling is a positive regulator of mammalian cardiac progenitorsChulan Kwon
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and Department of Pediatrics, University of California, 1650 Owens Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10894-9. 2007..Together, these data provide in vivo and in vitro evidence that canonical Wnt signaling promotes the expansion of cardiac progenitors and differentiation of cardiomyocytes...
- Genetic interaction of Gsc and Dkk1 in head morphogenesis of the mouseSamara L Lewis
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, Locked Bag 23, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Mech Dev 124:157-165. 2007..Our results show that Gsc and Dkk1 functions are non-redundant in the anterior mesendoderm for normal anterior development and Gsc may influence Wnt signalling as a negative regulator...
- Differential expression of retinoic acid-inducible (Stra) genes during mouse placentationV Sapin
Unité INSERM 384, Laboratoire de Biochimie Medicale, Faculte de Medecine, 28 Place Henri Dunant, BP 38, 63001 Clermont Ferrand, Cedex, France
Mech Dev 92:295-9. 2000..Three other Stra genes, including the AP-2-related gene AP-2gamma, are differentially expressed in the trophoblastic cell lineage. Thus, retinoids may regulate various signaling pathways in specific placental cell-types...
- Canonical Wnt signaling is required for development of embryonic stem cell-derived mesodermR Coleman Lindsley
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 133:3787-96. 2006....
- Wnt signals mediate a fate decision between otic placode and epidermisTakahiro Ohyama
Gonda Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, House Ear Institute, 2100 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
Development 133:865-75. 2006..Together, these results suggest that Wnt signaling acts instructively to direct Pax2(+) cells to an otic placodal, rather than an epidermal, fate and promotes dorsal cell identities in the otocyst...
- SAGE reveals expression of Wnt signalling pathway members during mouse prostate developmentTian Jiao Zhang
Department of Cancer Endocrinology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L3
Gene Expr Patterns 6:310-24. 2006..These studies provide the first evidence that Wnt pathway members are expressed in the developing prostate. Functional analyses are now required to establish the biological significance of this observation...
- Epicardial retinoid X receptor alpha is required for myocardial growth and coronary artery formationEsther Merki
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18455-60. 2005....
- Retinoic acid synthesis and hindbrain patterning in the mouse embryoK Niederreither
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP College de France, CU de Strasbourg
Development 127:75-85. 2000..Instead of forming a defined r4, Hoxb1- and Wnt8A-expressing cells are scattered throughout the caudal hindbrain, whereas r5/r8 markers such as kreisler or group 3/..
- Ryk-mediated Wnt repulsion regulates posterior-directed growth of corticospinal tractYaobo Liu
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:1151-9. 2005..Intrathecal injection of anti-Ryk blocked the posterior growth of CST axons. Therefore, Wnt proteins may have a general role in anterior-posterior guidance of multiple classes of axons...
- Dissecting Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during gastrulation using RNA interference in mouse embryosHeiko Lickert
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Development 132:2599-609. 2005..This functional genomic approach allows the rapid identification of functionally important components of embryonic development from large datasets of putative targets...
- Spatial and temporal expression of Wnt and Dickkopf genes during murine lens developmentS J Ang
Save Sight Institute, The University of Sydney, GPO Box 4337, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Gene Expr Patterns 4:289-95. 2004..In situ hybridisation showed that Wnt5a, Wnt5b, Wnt7a, Wnt7b, Wnt8a and Wnt8b genes are expressed throughout the early lens primordia. At embryonic day 14.5 (E14...
- A Wnt- and beta -catenin-dependent pathway for mammalian cardiac myogenesisTeruya Nakamura
Center for Cardiovascular Development and Department of Biochemistry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5834-9. 2003..Notably, Wnt3A and Wnt8A were induced days before even the earliest cardiogenic transcription factors...
- Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochleaAlain Dabdoub
Section on Developmental Neuroscience, NIDCD, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Development 130:2375-84. 2003..We propose that Wnt signaling across the region of developing outer hair cells gives rise to planar polarity in the mammalian cochlea...
- Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulationMahua Mukhopadhyay
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 130:495-505. 2003..The expression of several Wnt inhibitors is curtailed in the mutant, suggesting that Wnt pathways may be involved in axial patterning regulated by Ldb1...
- The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epitheliumJoel Weidenfeld
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cardiology Research Center, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21061-70. 2002..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2...
- Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesisS Reddy
Departments of Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mech Dev 107:69-82. 2001..These results identify candidates for several key follicular signals and suggest that WNT and SHH signaling pathways interact to regulate hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut developmentH Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stubeweg 51, D 79108, Freiburg, Germany
Mech Dev 105:181-4. 2001..5. Wnt11 is highly expressed at the gastro-esophageal junctions, while Wnt4 is found in the epithelium lining the pyloric region of the stomach but not in the epithelium of the prospective gland region...
- Activation of the Wnt-beta catenin pathway in a cell population on the surface of the forebrain is essential for the establishment of olfactory axon connectionsAmbra A Zaghetto
Dulbecco Telethon Institute Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Institute for Biomedical Technologies Milano, 20090 Segrate, Italy
J Neurosci 27:9757-68. 2007..These data reveal a novel function for Wnt signaling in the establishment of periphery-CNS olfactory connections and highlight a complex interplay between cells of different embryonic origin for ORN axon connectivity...