Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HN
Species: Newcastle disease virus B1
- A Y526Q mutation in the Newcastle disease virus HN protein reduces its functional activities and attenuates virus replication and pathogenicitySunil K Khattar
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Virol 83:7779-82. 2009The hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein of Newcastle disease virus (NDV) is a multifunctional protein that plays a crucial role in virus infectivity...
- HN protein of Newcastle disease virus sensitizes HeLa cells to TNF-α-induced apoptosis by downregulating NF-κB expressionR S Rajmani
Molecular Biology Lab, Division of Veterinary Biotechnology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, 243122, India
Arch Virol 161:2395-405. 2016Hemagglutinin neuraminidase (HN) is a membrane protein of Newcastle disease virus (NDV) with the ability to induce apoptosis in many transformed cell lines...
- HN Protein of Newcastle Disease Virus Induces Apoptosis Through SAPK/JNK PathwayR S Rajmani
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Division of Veterinary Biotechnology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, UP, 243122, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 177:940-56. 2015..Hemagglutinin neuraminidase (HN), a multifunctional protein of Newcastle disease virus (NDV), is one of such proteins...
- Roles of the highly conserved amino acids in the globular head and stalk region of the Newcastle disease virus HN protein in the membrane fusion processChengxi Sun
Department of Virology, School of Public Health, Shandong University
Biosci Trends 9:56-64. 2015..The hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein of NDV has multiple functions including mediating hemadsorption (HAD), neuraminidase (NA), and fusion ..
- Fusion activation through attachment protein stalk domains indicates a conserved core mechanism of paramyxovirus entry into cellsSayantan Bose
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
J Virol 88:3925-41. 2014..Two viral integral membrane glycoproteins (fusion [F] and attachment [HN, H, or G]) mediate a concerted process of host receptor recognition, followed by the fusion of viral and cellular ..
- Role of C596 in the C-terminal extension of the haemagglutinin-neuraminidase protein in replication and pathogenicity of a highly virulent Indonesian strain of Newcastle disease virusShin Hee Kim
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA
J Gen Virol 95:331-6. 2014We modified the haemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) glycoprotein of the virulent Newcastle disease virus (NDV) strain Banjarmasin/010/10 (Ban/010) by adding C-terminal extensions similar to those found in certain avirulent NDV strains...
- Measles virus fusion machinery activated by sialic acid binding globular domainAparna Talekar
Departments of Pediatrics
J Virol 87:13619-27. 2013..to proteinaceous receptors on host cells, while the receptor binding protein of NDV (hemagglutinin-neuraminidase [HN]) interacts with sialic acid-containing receptors...
- Effects of the HN gene C-terminal extensions on the Newcastle disease virus virulenceWei Zhao
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Services, United States Department of Agriculture, 934 College Station Road, Athens, GA, 30605, USA
Virus Genes 47:498-504. 2013The hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) of Newcastle disease virus (NDV) is a multifunctional protein that has receptor recognition, neuraminidase, and fusion promotion activities...
- HN gene C-terminal extension of Newcastle disease virus is not the determinant of the enteric tropismWei Zhao
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, Shaanxi, China
Virus Genes 47:27-33. 2013The hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein of Newcastle disease virus (NDV) plays an important role in virus pathogenicity and tissue tropism...
- The second receptor binding site of the globular head of the Newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase activates the stalk of multiple paramyxovirus receptor binding proteins to trigger fusionMatteo Porotto
Departments of Pediatrics and of Microbiology and Immunology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
J Virol 86:5730-41. 2012The hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein of paramyxoviruses carries out three distinct activities contributing to the ability of HN to promote viral fusion and entry: receptor binding, receptor cleavage (neuraminidase), and activation ..
- A mutation in the stalk of the newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein prevents triggering of the F protein despite allowing efficient HN-F complex formationAnne M Mirza
Department of Microbiology and Physiological Systems, Immunology and Microbiology Program, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
J Virol 87:8813-5. 2013..disease virus (NDV)-induced membrane fusion requires formation of a complex between the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) and fusion (F) proteins...
- Newcastle disease virus fusion and haemagglutinin-neuraminidase proteins contribute to its macrophage host rangeIngrid Cornax
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Athens, GA 30605, USA
J Gen Virol 94:1189-94. 2013The fusion (F) and haemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) proteins of Newcastle disease virus (NDV) are multifunctional proteins that play critical roles during infection...
- 'a'-Position-mutated and G4-mutated hemagglutinin-neuraminidase proteins of Newcastle disease virus impair fusion and hemagglutinin-neuraminidase-fusion interaction by different mechanismsFu Lu Chu
Department of Virology, School of Public Health, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Intervirology 56:27-36. 2013To determine the effects of heptad repeat regions (HRs) and N-linked carbohydrate sites of the Newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein on fusion of HN and fusion (F) proteins and HN-F interaction.
- [Induction of apoptosis in human hepatoma cell line SMMC7721 by Newcastle disease virus HN gene]Ying chun Sun
Genetic Engineering Labotory of PLA, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Changchun 130062, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 27:279-82. 2005To investigate the mechanisms of apoptosis induced in human hepatoma cell line SMMC7721 by plasmid pVHN constructed with Newcastle disease virus (NDV) HN gene.
- Role of the two sialic acid binding sites on the newcastle disease virus HN protein in triggering the interaction with the F protein required for the promotion of fusionPaul J Mahon
Department of Microbiology and Physiological Systems, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655 0002, USA
J Virol 85:12079-82. 2011..Newcastle disease virus (NDV)-induced membrane fusion requires an interaction between the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) attachment and the fusion (F) proteins, triggered by HN's binding to receptors...
- Positive selection in the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase gene of Newcastle disease virus and its effect on vaccine efficacyMin Gu
Animal Infectious Disease Laboratory, School of Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, PR China
Virol J 8:150. 2011..the relationship between the selective pressure and the sequence variation of the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein, we performed the positive selection analysis by estimating the ratio of non-synonymous to synonymous ..
- The anti-tumor effect of Newcastle disease virus HN protein is influenced by differential subcellular targetingHong Sui
Medical Department, The Tumor Hospital Affiliated Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:989-99. 2010..A DNA vaccine expressing the major immunogenic hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein of this virus has shown promising results as an immunotherapeutic agent.
- Genetic comparisons between lentogenic Newcastle disease virus isolated from waterfowl and velogenic variantsRyota Tsunekuni
Avian Influenza Research Centre, Kyoto Sangyo University, Kamigamo Motoyama, Kyoto 603 8555, Japan
Virus Genes 40:252-5. 2010..Seven amino acid substitutions were detected in the M, F, and HN proteins...
- Activation of natural killer cells by newcastle disease virus hemagglutinin-neuraminidaseMostafa Jarahian
German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
J Virol 83:8108-21. 2009..Hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) of the virus serves as a ligand structure for NKp44 and NKp46, as indicated by the blockade of binding to NDV-..
- [Evaluation of Newcastle disease virus with derivated hemagglutinin-neuraminidase gene of mesogenic strain]Yong Wang
National Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin 150001, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:638-43. 2008The hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) and fusion protein of Newcastle disease virus (NDV) plays a crucial role in the process of budding and infection...
- [Correlation of the neutralization index in chicken embryo with the homologies of F and HN gene of different Newcastle-disease isolates]Zhuoming Qin
Institute of Poultry Science, Shandong Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Jinan 250100, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:226-33. 2008..7%-84.1%. In addition, these NDV isolates all shared 95.2%-100% nt homology with the hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) gene, whereas only 79.1%-84.3% compared these viruses with La Sota...
- HN protein of Newcastle disease virus causes apoptosis in chicken embryo fibroblast cellsP V Ravindra
Division of Animal Biotechnology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 243122, India
Arch Virol 153:749-54. 2008..In the present investigation, the ability of haemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) protein of NDV to cause apoptosis in CEF cells was examined...
- Incorporation of functional HN-F glycoprotein-containing complexes into newcastle disease virus is dependent on cholesterol and membrane lipid raft integrityJason P Laliberte
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Room S5 250, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Virol 81:10636-48. 2007..reduced fusion capacity of particles released from cholesterol-extracted cells correlated with significant loss of HN-F glycoprotein-containing complexes detected in the virion envelopes of these particles and with detection of cell-..
- [Newcastle disease virus heredity mutation and correlation of HN and F gene]Zhuo ming Qin
College of Animal Science and Technology, Shandong Agriculture University, Tai an 271018, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:227-32. 2006..The fusion protein (F) gene and hemagglutinin-neuraminidase (HN) gene of these isolated viruses were cloned and sequenced...
- Inhibition of receptor binding stabilizes Newcastle disease virus HN and F protein-containing complexesL W McGinnes
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Virol 80:2894-903. 2006..To explore the relationships between Newcastle disease virus (NDV) HN and F protein interactions and HN protein attachment to sialic acid receptors, HN and F protein-containing complexes ..