Gene Symbol: FABP4
Description: fatty acid binding protein 4, adipocyte
Alias: A-FABP, AFABP, ALBP, AP2, FABP3, adipocyte lipid-binding protein, adipocyte-type fatty acid-binding protein, fatty acid-binding protein 4, fatty acid-binding protein, adipocyte
- Developmental changes and effect on intramuscular fat content of H-FABP and A-FABP mRNA expression in pigsQi Mei Chen
College of Animal Science and Technology, Shandong Agricultural University, 61 Daizong Street, Tai an, 271018, People s Republic of China
J Appl Genet 54:119-23. 2013..05). In conclusion, the A-FABP gene is strongly related to the development and function of IMF accretion in pigs...
- Two-dimensional fluorescence in-gel electrophoresis of coronary restenosis tissues in minipigs: increased adipocyte fatty acid binding protein induces reactive oxygen species-mediated growth and migration in smooth muscle cellsLin Lu
Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Rui Jin Hospital, Medical School of Jiaotong University, Shanghai, PR China
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:572-80. 2013..quantitative 2-dimensional fluorescence in-gel electrophoresis (2D-DIGE), and to investigate the influences of crucial proteins identified, particularly adipocyte fatty acid binding protein (AFABP), in human arterial smooth muscle cells.
- Association of A-FABP gene polymorphism in intron 1 with meat quality traits in Junmu No. 1 white swineYan Gao
Laboratory Animal Center, Jilin University, China
Gene 487:170-3. 2011..Expression was markedly reduced in DD compared with genotype CC. Thus A-FABP may be a candidate gene or a quantitative trait locus-linked gene associated with meat quality traits...
- Genomic changes in regenerated porcine coronary arterial endothelial cellsMary Y K Lee
Department of Pharmacology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 2F Laboratory Block, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2443-9. 2007..Genomic changes were defined in cultures of regenerated porcine coronary endothelial cells to explain the alterations that underlie their dysfunction...
- Unexpected high polymorphism at the FABP4 gene unveils a complex history for pig populationsAna Ojeda
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Genetics 174:2119-27. 2006Fatty acid bing protein 4 (FABP4) plays a key role in fat regulation in mammals and is a strong positional candidate gene for the FAT1 quantitative trait locus located on porcine chromosome 4...
- The purification and characterization of a fatty acid binding protein specific to pig (Sus domesticus) adipose tissueM K Armstrong
Reproduction and Growth Physiology Research, Unit 7921, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Biochem J 267:373-8. 1990..0 microM. Northern-blot analysis using the cDNA for the murine 3T3-L1 FABP revealed that the pig a-FABP was expressed exclusively in adipose tissue...
- Number of intramuscular adipocytes and fatty acid binding protein-4 content are significant indicators of intramuscular fat level in crossbred Large White x Duroc pigsM Damon
Unité Mixte de Recherches Systèmes d Elevage Nutrition Animale et Humaine, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 35590 Saint Gilles, France
J Anim Sci 84:1083-92. 2006..49). The current study suggests that FABP-4 protein content may be a valuable marker of lipid accretion in LM and that i.m. fat content and myofiber type composition can be manipulated independently...
- Liver fatty acid-binding protein: an early and sensitive plasma marker of hepatocellular damage and a reliable predictor of graft viability after liver transplantation from non-heart-beating donorsD Monbaliu
University Hospitals Leuven Leuven, Belgium
Transplant Proc 37:413-6. 2005..In a pig model for liver transplantation (LTx) from non-heart-beating donors (NHBD), we evaluated plasma changes of L-FABP early after reperfusion of grafts exposed to increasing periods of warm ischemia (WI)...
- Expression of porcine adipocyte transcripts: tissue distribution and differentiation in vitro and in vivoS T Ding
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 2600, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 123:307-18. 1999..adipocyte-characteristic protein transcripts (lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and adipocyte fatty acid binding protein (aP2)) were measured in pig tissues...
- The adipocyte fatty acid-binding protein locus: characterization and association with intramuscular fat content in pigsF Gerbens
DLO Institute for Animal Science and Health ID DLO, P O Box 65, 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Mamm Genome 9:1022-6. 1998The porcine A-FABP gene (FABP4) was isolated and sequenced to study the role of A-FABP in the differentiation of intramuscular fat (IMF) accretion in pigs...
- Adipocyte fatty-acid binding protein is closely associated to the porcine FAT1 locus on chromosome 4A Mercade
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193, Bellaterra, Spain
J Anim Sci 84:2907-13. 2006We identified 22 polymorphisms in the adipocyte fatty-acid binding protein (FABP4) gene, a strong positional candidate gene for the FAT1 locus in porcine chromosome 4...