Gene Symbol: FOXO1
Description: forkhead box O1
Alias: FOXO1A, forkhead box protein O1, Forkhead box protein O1A, Forkhead in rhabdomyosarcoma, forkhead box O1A (rhabdomyosarcoma), forkhead/winged helix transcription factor FOXO1a
- FoxO1a can alter cell cycle progression by regulating the nuclear localization of p27kip in granulosa cellsMelissa A Cunningham
Department of Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:1756-67. 2004..cells, which go through an exponential growth phase during development of the ovarian follicle, we find that FoxO1a is a key regulator of the G1/S transition in these cells...
- [Expression of FoxO1 mRNA in muscle tissue of Bamei, Landrace and Landrace x Bamei]Yan Jun Yang
Laboratory of Animal Fat Deposition and Muscle Development, Northwest Sci Tech University of Agriculture and Forestry, Yangling 712100, China
Yi Chuan 30:185-9. 2008..The primers of pig FoxO1 were designed and synthesized according to its homologous sequences of human, chimpanzee and rat...
- [Over-expression of FoxO1 inhibits the differentiation of porcine skeletal muscle myoblast]Yuan Yuan
Laboratory of Animal Fat Deposition and Muscle Development, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:1668-73. 2010The Forkhead box O1 (FoxO1) transcription factor governs muscle growth, metabolism and cell differentiation. However, its role in myoblast differentiation is unclear...
- Renal ischemia/reperfusion and ATP depletion/repletion in LLC-PK(1) cells result in phosphorylation of FKHR and FKHRL1Michele Andreucci
Massachusetts General Hospital East, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Kidney Int 64:1189-98. 2003..Cell death and survival pathways are critical determinants of epithelial cell fate after ischemia. Forkhead proteins have been implicated in the regulation of cellular survival...
- Knockdown of both FoxO1 and C/EBPβ promotes adipogenesis in porcine preadipocytes through feedback regulationXiong Yan
Laboratory of Animal Fat Deposition and Muscle Development, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, China
Cell Biol Int 37:905-16. 2013b>FoxO1 and C/EBPβ are important transcription factors during adipogenic differentiation; however, the potential mechanisms of their inter-regulation in adipogenesis remain unknown...
- Interleukin-4 induces up-regulation of endothelial cell claudin-5 through activation of FoxO1: role in protection from complement-mediated injuryAgustin P Dalmasso
From the Departments of Surgery
J Biol Chem 289:838-47. 2014..junction protein claudin-5 in porcine ECs through activation of Jak/STAT6 and phosphorylation and translocation of FoxO1 from the nucleus to the cytoplasm...
- MiR-15a/b promote adipogenesis in porcine pre-adipocyte via repressing FoxO1Peiyue Dong
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 46:565-71. 2014..Target genes of miR-15a/b were predicted and examined, which revealed that Forkhead box protein O1 (FoxO1) is the target gene of miR-15a/b...
- Changes in the expression of Fox O1 and death ligand genes during follicular atresia in porcine ovaryF Lin
Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Genet Mol Res 13:6638-45. 2014..These results suggest Fox O1 involvement in the regulation of TRAIL and Fas L expression during follicular atresia in pigs. ..
- Correlation of forkhead box transcription factor O1 and myosin heavy chain isoforms in porcine skeletal muscleX E Shi
Laboratory of Animal Fat Deposition and Muscle Development, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi Province, China
Genet Mol Res 13:10231-40. 2014We examined the expression of myosin heavy chain (MyHC) isoforms and forkhead box transcription factor O1 (FoxO1) in porcine soleus and extensor digitorum longus (EDL) muscles to clarify the correlation of FoxO1 and the relative ..
- Let-7g induces granulosa cell apoptosis by targeting MAP3K1 in the porcine ovaryRui Cao
Department of Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction, College of Animal Science and Technology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, 210095, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 68:148-57. 2015..In further studies, we found that overexpression of let-7g induced the expression of FoxO1 in GCs and led to nuclear accumulation of dephosphorylated FoxO1...
- Tissue expression of porcine FoxO1 and its negative regulation during primary preadipocyte differentiationWei Jun Pang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, 712100, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:165-76. 2009The Forkhead transcription factor O 1 (FoxO1) gene plays an important role in the integration of hormone-activated signaling pathways with the complex transcriptional cascade that promotes clonal cell line differentiation...