Gene Symbol: GNAS
Description: GNAS complex locus
Alias: NESP55, PORGSA1, SCG6, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(s) subunit alpha, SCG6 (secretogranin VI), adenylate cyclase-stimulating G alpha protein, alpha-stimulatory subunit of GTP-binding protein, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(s), alpha subunit, guanine nucleotide-binding protein, alpha-stimulating activity polypeptide 1, secretogranin VI
- Lack of the associations of the polymorphisms in IGF2, MC4R and GNAS genes with reproduction traits in pigs and imprinting analysis of IGF2 gene in ovary and cornus uteriM Oczkowicz
Laboratory of Genomics, National Research Institute of Animal Production, Cracow, Poland
Reprod Domest Anim 48:562-8. 2013..In our study, we investigated associations between polymorphisms in IGF2, GNAS and MC4R genes with reproductive traits of Polish Landrace and Large White pigs...
- Molecular cloning and expression analysis of the GNAS gene in pig and porcine fibroblast cellsJ Peng
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 13:5463-73. 2014The Alpha subunit of the stimulatory guanine nucleotide-binding protein (GNAS) is a complex imprinted gene...
- Expression and imprinting analysis of the NESP55 gene in pigsMaria Oczkowicz
Laboratory of Genomics, National Research Institute of Animal Production, Krakowska 1, 32 083 Balice, Poland
Gene Expr Patterns 12:18-23. 2012..The function of NESP55 (Neuroendocrine secretory protein 55) remains elusive, although there are suggestions about its role in brain ..
- Genetic suppression of Gαs protein provides rate control in atrial fibrillationPatrick Lugenbiel
Department of Cardiology, University of Heidelberg, Medical University Hospital, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 107:265. 2012..Rate control by gene therapy may provide an alternative to current pharmacological treatment of AF...
- Comparative porcine gene mapping relative to human chromosomes 9, 10, 20 and 22J H Lee
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Anim Genet 32:313-5. 2001....
- Meiotic resumption of porcine immature oocytes is prevented by ooplasmic Gsalpha functionsMarie Morikawa
Laboratory of Applied Genetics, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Reprod Dev 53:1151-7. 2007....
- Mapping of the porcine FBN2, YWHAQ, CNN3, DCN, POSTN, SPARC, RBM39 and GNAS genes, expressed in foetal skeletal musclesA Stratil
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 277 21 Libechov, Czech Republic
Anim Genet 39:204-5. 2008
- The GNAS Locus: Quintessential Complex Gene Encoding Gsalpha, XLalphas, and other Imprinted TranscriptsMurat Bastepe
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Genomics 8:398-414. 2007..The maternal GNAS allele leads to NESP55, a chromogranin-like neuroendocrine secretory protein...