Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Apoc3
Description: apolipoprotein C3
Alias: ApoC-III, apo-CIII, apolipoprotein C-III, apolipoprotein C-3
- Inhibitory effects of C apolipoproteins from rats and humans on the uptake of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins and their remnants by the perfused rat liverE Windler
J Lipid Res 26:556-65. 1985..Preferential loss of apolipoprotein C-II during remnant formation may regulate the termination of triglyceride hydrolysis prior to complete removal of triglycerides from chylomicrons and VLDL...
- Alterations in rat serum lipids and apolipoproteins following clofibrate treatmentN Dashti
Atherosclerosis 49:255-66. 1983..These observations suggest that the hypolipidemic effect of clofibrate in the normolipemic rat is caused mainly by diminished hepatic secretion, rather than by enhanced catabolism, of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins...
- Lipoprotein composition in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus with chronic renal failure: effect of kidney and pancreas transplantationT A Hughes
Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163
Metabolism 43:333-47. 1994..The addition of a pancreas to a kidney transplant had no obvious impact on the lipoproteins.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Association between the SstI polymorphism of the apolipoprotein C-III gene, glucose intolerance and cardiovascular risk in renal transplant recipientsE Rodrigo
Department of Nephrology, Hospital Valdecilla, Santander, Spain
Transplant Proc 34:379. 2002
- Increased apolipoprotein C-III levels associated with insulin resistance contribute to dyslipidemia in normoglycemic and diabetic subjects from a triethnic populationHermes Florez
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Atherosclerosis 188:134-41. 2006..52, P < 0.01). These results suggest that higher apo C-III may contribute to the increased cardiovascular risk in subjects with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes through its effects on triglycerides and LDL particle size...
- Amyloid triangles, squares, and loops of apolipoprotein C-IIIMichel de Messieres
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics and Protein Expression Facility, Biochemistry and Biophysics Center, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and Laboratory of Structural Biology Research, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, United States
Biochemistry 53:3261-3. 2014..Triangles and squares with a width of ~50 nm were also observed, which may be a novel form of amyloid or related to previously reported amyloid rings...
- Elevated levels of multiple biomarkers of Alzheimer's disease in the aqueous humor of eyes with open-angle glaucomaToshihiro Inoue
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:5353-8. 2013..To investigate levels of biomarkers of Alzheimer's disease in the aqueous humor in patients with open-angle glaucoma (OAG)...
- Antisense oligonucleotide inhibition of apolipoprotein C-III reduces plasma triglycerides in rodents, nonhuman primates, and humansMark J Graham
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Carlsbad, CA 92010, USA
Circ Res 112:1479-90. 2013..Furthermore, elevated apoC-III levels have been associated with metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus. To date, no selective apoC-III therapeutic agent has been evaluated in the clinic...
- Isotretinoin and fenofibrate induce adiposity with distinct effect on metabolic profile in a rat model of the insulin resistance syndromeL Sedova
Institute of Biology and Medical Genetics, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:719-25. 2004....
- Effect of bile duct obstruction on the expression of intestinal mRNA related to cholesterol and bile acid metabolism in the ratToshinori Kamisako
Department of Hygiene, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osakasayama, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:125-31. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of bile duct ligation (BDL) on the expression of intestinal and hepatic genes that are important for cholesterol and bile acid metabolism...
- Effects of apolipoproteins C on oxidative phosphorylation in rat liver mitochondriaL E Panin
Institute of Biochemistry, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 130:769-71. 2000..ApoC-III completely blocked oxidative phosphorylation during oxidation of palmitoyl carnitine by mitochondria, while the respiration rate in metabolic state 4 remained unchanged...
- 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase inhibitors reduce serum triglyceride levels through modulation of apolipoprotein C-III and lipoprotein lipaseK Schoonjans
LBRE, U 325 INSERM, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
FEBS Lett 452:160-4. 1999..These results suggest that the triglyceride-lowering effect of statins involves a stimulation of lipoprotein lipase-mediated clearance of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins...
- Apolipoprotein C3 polymorphisms, cognitive function and diabetes in Caribbean origin HispanicsCaren E Smith
Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5465. 2009Apolipoprotein C3 (APOC3) modulates triglyceride metabolism through inhibition of lipoprotein lipase, but is itself regulated by insulin, so that APOC3 represents a potential mechanism by which glucose metabolism may affect lipid ..
- Complex genetic contribution of the Apo AI-CIII-AIV gene cluster to familial combined hyperlipidemia. Identification of different susceptibility haplotypesG M Dallinga-Thie
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 99:953-61. 1997..XmnI, and MspI sites 5' of the apo AI gene and SstI site in the 3' untranslated region of exon 4 of the apo CIII gene in 18 FCH pedigrees, including 18 probands, 178 hyperlipidemic relatives, 210 normolipidemic relatives, and ..
- Severely modified lipoprotein properties without a change in cholesteryl ester transfer protein activity in patients with acute renal failure secondary to Hantaan virus infectionJihoe Kim
School of Biotechnology, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan 712 749, Seoul, Korea
BMB Rep 43:535-40. 2010..Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) particle size was smaller and the distribution was less homogeneous. Patients with HFRS in the oliguric phase had severely modified lipoproteins in composition and metabolism...
- Plasma apolipoprotein C-III metabolism in patients with chronic kidney diseaseEsther M M Ooi
Metabolic Research Centre, School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
J Lipid Res 52:794-800. 2011..05 for all). Altered plasma apoC-III metabolism is a feature of dyslipidemia in moderate CKD. Modification of apoC-III catabolism may be an important therapeutic target for reducing cardiovascular disease risk in moderate CKD...
- Lowering apolipoprotein CIII delays onset of type 1 diabetesRebecka Holmberg
The Rolf Luft Research Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:10685-9. 2011..ApoCIII thus serves as a diabetogenic factor, and intervention with this apolipoprotein in the prediabetic state can arrest disease progression. These findings suggest apoCIII as a target for the treatment of type 1 diabetes...
- Oxidative stress and inflammation in renal patients and healthy subjectsDiana M Lee
Lipid and Lipoprotein Studies, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22360. 2011..In conclusion, we have discovered a new inflammatory factor, TG48. It is characterized with TG rich in saturated fatty acids. Renal patients have increased TG48 than healthy controls...
- Haplotypes of the ApoA-I/C-III/A-IV gene cluster and familial combined hyperlipidemiaE Tahvanainen
Department of Biochemistry, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 18:1810-7. 1998..05) levels in spouses, which represent the general Finnish population. However, no evidence of direct involvement of any of these loci or their specific haplotypes in the expression of FCHL in the Finnish FCHL families was found...
- Lipoprotein abnormalities in patients with atherosclerotic renovascular diseaseElzbieta Nowakowska Fortuna
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine Nephrology, Institute of Medicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Kidney Blood Press Res 34:311-9. 2011..Patients with atherosclerotic renovascular disease (ARVD) have a high risk of cardiovascular death. The primary aim was to characterize abnormalities in apolipoprotein (Apo)-defined lipoprotein (Lp) subclasses in patients with ARVD...
- [Apolipoprotein C-II and C-III anomalies in normolipemic and hyperlipemic patients with chronic kidney failure]F Tornero
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital General Virgen de la Luz, Cuenca
Nefrologia 20:47-53. 2000....
- Identification of potential serum biomarkers for Wilms tumor after excluding confounding effects of common systemic inflammatory factorsJiaxiang Wang
Department of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, 450052, Henan, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:5095-104. 2012..Taken together, these findings suggest that SAA1 and APO C-III are two potential biomarkers for Wilms tumor...
- Serum protein oxidation and apolipoprotein CIII levels in people with systemic lupus erythematosus with and without nephritisPhilip E Morgan
Free Radical Group, The Heart Research Institute, Camperdown, Sydeny, Australia
Free Radic Res 41:1301-12. 2007..Total apoCIII levels (assessed by ELISA) in lupus nephritis patients were significantly elevated compared to controls or non-renal SLE patients. Thus, levels of oxidized proteins and apoCIII may be useful biomarkers in SLE studies...
- APOC3 promoter polymorphisms C-482T and T-455C are associated with the metabolic syndromeMichael Miller
University of Maryland Hospital and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Arch Med Res 38:444-51. 2007..One candidate, APOC3, modulates lipid and lipoprotein metabolism and the promoter polymorphisms C-482T/T-455C are associated with loss ..
- ApoC-III deficiency prevents hyperlipidemia induced by apoE overexpressionGery Gerritsen
Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 46:1466-73. 2005..Because apoC-III is a strong inhibitor of TG hydrolysis, we questioned whether Apoc3 deficiency might prevent the hyperlipidemia induced by apoE overexpression in vivo...
- Impact of APOA5/A4/C3 genetic polymorphisms on lipid variables and cardiovascular disease risk in French menJean Dallongeville
Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique INSERM U 508 and Departement d atherosclerose, lnstitut Pasteur de Lille, France
Int J Cardiol 106:152-6. 2006..The goal of the present study was to assess the impact of 4 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of APOA5/A4/C3 gene cluster on lipid levels and coronary heart disease (CHD) risk in French men...
- Susceptibility to type 1 diabetes is associated with ApoCIII gene haplotypesJohn E Hokanson
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, Box B119, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Diabetes 55:834-8. 2006..00, 0.97, and 0.73, respectively; P = 0.03). This haplotype block contains an insulin response element. Screening for this haplotype may identify at-risk individuals, and this pathway may offer a target for prevention of type 1 diabetes...
- Association of lipoprotein lipase S447X, apolipoprotein E exon 4, and apoC3 -455T>C polymorphisms on the susceptibility to diabetic nephropathyM C Y Ng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Clin Genet 70:20-8. 2006..The LPL S447X and apolipoprotein E (APOE) exon 4 polymorphisms affect TG levels, and the APOC3 -455T>C polymorphism affects LPL activity...
- Transcriptional activation of apolipoprotein CIII expression by glucose may contribute to diabetic dyslipidemiaSandrine Caron
University Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:513-9. 2011..Apolipoprotein CIII (apoCIII), a regulator of hepatic and plasma triglyceride metabolism, is elevated in type 2 diabetes. In this study, we analyzed whether apoCIII is affected by altered glucose metabolism...
- The ApoAI-CIII-AIV gene cluster and its relation to lipid levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus and coronary heart disease: determination of a novel susceptible haplotypePuneetpal Singh
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Department of Human Biology, Punjabi University, Patiala 147002, Punjab, India
Diab Vasc Dis Res 4:124-9. 2007..45) even after adjustment for confounders. The findings in the present study suggest that each unit of P1-S2-X1 in diabetes increases the risk of CHD by a factor of 1.37+/-0.307 (beta + SE), which is manifest in its multiplicative mode...
- Genetic risk for coronary artery disease in individuals with or without type 2 diabetesYoshiji Yamada
Department of Gene Therapy, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 81:282-90. 2004..Genotyping of these polymorphisms may prove informative for assessment of the genetic risk for CAD in the absence or presence of type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of dietary saturated fatty acids on HNF-4α DNA binding activity and ApoCIII mRNA in sedentary rat liverVeronica Ceccarelli
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Via del Giochetto, 3, 06122, Perugia, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 347:29-39. 2011..In conclusion, we can speculate that dietary saturated fats, acting at apolipoprotein transcriptional level, may impact on the close relationship existing among high ApoCIII plasma level, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerosis...
- Role of thyroid hormone in the expression of apolipoprotein A-IV and C-III genes in rat liverY C Lin-Lee
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
J Lipid Res 34:249-59. 1993....
- Apolipoprotein A-I, A-II, B, C-II, and C-III in children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusN al Muhtaseb
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait
Pediatrics 89:936-41. 1992..We suggest that measurement of apo C-III level along with apo B and apo A-I in these patients may be a sensitive indicator to alterations in glycemic control...
- [Application of the box plot to evaluate serum lipid levels and apolipoprotein levels in patients with cerebral infarction and diabetes mellitus]G Konemori
Department of Medicine, Futami Central Hospital, Hiroshima
Nihon Ronen Igakkai Zasshi 27:22-7. 1990..d. Compared to the control group, the ratio of LDL-C. to Apo B was lower (p less than 0.05) in the cerebral infarction group with diabetes mellitus and tended to be lower even in the diabetes mellitus-only group...
- Association of a DNA polymorphism in the apolipoprotein C-III gene with diverse hyperlipidaemic phenotypesH E Henderson
Hum Genet 75:62-5. 1987..These results suggest that the Sst-1 site is linked to a gene defect with a minor or subtle phenotypic effect which enhances the expression of a co-existent major monogenic defect of lipoprotein transport...
- Linkage, evolution, and expression of the rat apolipoprotein A-I, C-III, and A-IV genesI A Haddad
J Biol Chem 261:13268-77. 1986..In addition, these results indicate that expression of the rat apoA-I, apoC-III, and apoA-IV genes is liver- and intestine-specific and regulated by fetal-, neonatal-, and aging-related factors...
- An apolipoprotein CIII marker associated with hypertriglyceridemia in Caucasians also confers increased risk in a west Japanese populationQ Zeng
Department of Internal Medicine, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Hum Genet 95:371-5. 1995..The results suggest that S2-M2 chromosomes carry HTG susceptibility sequences that predate the separation of the Asian and Caucasian races...
- Vitamin A regulates the expression of apolipoprotein AI and CIII genes in the ratA Nagasaki
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Tokyo University of Agriculture, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 205:1510-7. 1994..Though the hepatic level of apo CIII mRNA was not affected by the vitamin A status, the intestinal level was positively regulated by vitamin A...
- Pattern of hyperlipoproteinemia in human nephrotic syndrome: influence of renal failure and diabetes mellitusJ Joven
Centre de Recerca Biomedica, Hospital de Sant Joan de Reus, Spain
Nephron 64:565-9. 1993....
- Apolipoprotein C3 deficiency results in diet-induced obesity and aggravated insulin resistance in miceIlse Duivenvoorden
TNO Prevention and Health, Gambius Laboratory, Leiden, Netherlands
Diabetes 54:664-71. 2005..b>Apoc3(-/-) mice and wild-type littermates were fed a high-fat (46 energy %) diet for 20 weeks...
- Alteration in rat apolipoprotein C-III gene expression and lipoprotein composition during inflammationP Shen
Russell Grimwade School of Biochemistry, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Inflammation 17:153-66. 1993..A decrease in the concentration of apo A-I-containing HDL particles was also observed in these rats. The results indicate altered apolipoprotein gene expression associated with alterations in the size and composition of HDL particles...
- The usefulness of measuring body fat deposition for detecting obesity and atherogenesity in Japanese school childrenH Takahashi
Department of Pediatrics, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Acta Paediatr Jpn 38:634-9. 1996..lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), atherogenic index (AI), RLP-cholesterol (RLP-C), apoA1, apoA2, apoB, apoC2, apoC3, apoE and the ratio of apoB to apoA1 than non-overweight boys...
- Developmental and pharmacological regulation of apolipoprotein C-II gene expression. Comparison with apo C-I and apo C-III gene regulationY Andersson
U325 INSERM, Departement d Atherosclerose, Institut Pasteur de Lille et Faculté de Pharmacie, Universite de Lille II, Lille, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:115-21. 1999....
- Role of ApoCs in lipoprotein metabolism: functional differences between ApoC1, ApoC2, and ApoC3M C Jong
TNO Prevention and Health, Gaubius Laboratory, MGC Department of Human Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:472-84. 1999
- Lack of association between genetic variations of apo A-I-C-III-A-IV gene cluster and myocardial infarction in a sample of European male: ECTIM studyF Kee
Division of Epidemiology, Queen s University of Belfast, UK
Atherosclerosis 145:187-95. 1999..In conclusion, in the ECTIM study, the apo A-I, C-III, A-IV gene cluster polymorphism is associated with neither circulating plasma variables nor MI survival...
- Association of gene polymorphisms with coronary artery disease in individuals with or without nonfamilial hypercholesterolemiaKeiko Shimokata
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Atherosclerosis 172:167-73. 2004..Genotyping of these three polymorphisms may prove informative for prediction of the genetic risk for CAD in men with nonfamilial hypercholesterolemia...
- [Clinical consideration with special reference to autopsy cases of malignant tumor in the oral cavity, treated with Bleomycin (author's transl)]S Tanaka
Hiroshima Daigaku Shigaku Zasshi 8:168-75. 1975
- Apolipoprotein C-III protein concentrations and gene polymorphisms in Type 1 diabetes: associations with microvascular disease complications in the DCCT/EDIC cohortRichard L Klein
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Medical Genetics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Diabetes Complications 19:18-25. 2005..We investigated the associations of apolipoprotein C-III (apoCIII) protein and apoCIII gene variation with microvascular disease complications in Type 1 diabetes...
- Association of Sst I polymorphism in apolipoprotein C3 gene with hypertriglyceridaemia in coronary atherosclerotic heart disease and type II diabetes mellitus in Chinese populationHe Kun Liu
Department of Medical Genetics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, the State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Disease, Chengdu 610041, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 32:11-8. 2005Several independent population studies have reported that the apolipoprotein C3 (APOC3) Sst I polymorphism in apolipoprotein (apo) A1 /C3/A4/A5 gene cluster is associated with Hypertriglyceridaemia (HTG)...
- MOLECULAR & CLINICAL EVALUATION OF LOW HDL SYNDROMESMichael Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further understanding of the molecular basis of isolated low HDL-C and its potential clinical sequelae (e.g., CAD), may therefore aid in the development of therapeutic strategies to effectively treat this disorder. ..
- NUTRITION ACADEMIC AWARDMichael Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..Compliance with ATP II and JNC VI recommendations will also be assessed. In addition, medical students' diets and blood lipid levels will be assessed and tracked. ..