Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bdkrb2
Description: bradykinin receptor B2
Alias: B2BKR, B2BRA, B2 bradykinin receptor, B2R, BK-2 receptor, bradykinin receptor, beta 2
- International union of pharmacology. XLV. Classification of the kinin receptor family: from molecular mechanisms to pathophysiological consequencesL M Fredrik Leeb-Lundberg
Division of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC, A12, SE 22184 Lund, Sweden
Pharmacol Rev 57:27-77. 2005..This review is a comprehensive presentation of our current understanding of these receptors in terms of molecular and cell biology, physiology, pharmacology, and involvement in human disease and drug development...
- Opposite roles of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors during cerebral ischaemia-reperfusion injury in experimental diabetic ratsHongfei Sang
Department of Neurology, Jinling Hospital, Medical School of Nanjing University, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing, 210002, Jiangsu Province, China
Eur J Neurosci 43:53-65. 2016..In this study, we hypothesized that bradykinin 1 receptor (B1R) and bradykinin 2 receptor (B2R) would be upregulated and participate in the regulation of diabetic ischaemic stroke...
- Up-regulation of the kinin B2 receptor pathway modulates the TGF-β/Smad signaling cascade to reduce renal fibrosis induced by albuminAreli Cárdenas
Department of Nephrology, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, Chile
Peptides 73:7-19. 2015..Since bradykinin and the kinin B2 receptor (B2R) belong to a renoprotective system with mechanisms still unclarified, we investigated its anti-fibrotic role in the ..
- Bradykinin B2 receptor in the adrenal medulla of male rats and mice: glucocorticoid-dependent increase with immobilization stressRegina Nostramo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595
Endocrinology 154:3729-38. 2013Bradykinin, acting via the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R), is a potent stimulator of adrenomedullary catecholamine biosynthesis and release and likely plays an important role in the adrenomedullary stress response...
- Activation of the Cl- channel ANO1 by localized calcium signals in nociceptive sensory neurons requires coupling with the IP3 receptorXin Jin
Faculty of Biological Sciences, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Sci Signal 6:ra73. 2013..The junctional signaling complex enabled ANO1-mediated excitation in response to specific Ca(2+)signals rather than to global changes in intracellular Ca(2+). ..
- Kinin-B2 receptor exerted neuroprotection after diisopropylfluorophosphate-induced neuronal damageW Torres-Rivera
Department of Biochemistry, Universidad Central del Caribe, Bayamon, PR 00956, USA
Neuroscience 247:273-9. 2013The kinin-B2 receptor (B2BKR) activated by its endogenous ligand bradykinin participates in various metabolic processes including the control of arterial pressure and inflammation...
- Change in central kinin B2 receptor density after exercise training in ratsAriadiny Lima Caetano
Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas da Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Auton Neurosci 158:71-8. 2010..In the lamina 2, B2 receptor might be involved in the exercise-induced hypotension...
- Age-related changes in kallikreins-kinins system in rat corpus cavernosumT Wang
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Int J Androl 34:33-40. 2011..Tissue kallikrein-I (KLKI) and kinin B2 receptor (B2R) mRNA in CC and thoracic aorta were detected by real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR)...
- A novel bioassay for detecting GPCR heterodimerization: transactivation of beta 2 adrenergic receptor by bradykinin receptorKarla K V Haack
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Biomol Screen 15:251-60. 2010..This is the first evidence of Bk2R/beta(2)AR physical interaction, forming a functional heterodimer. The oocyte system may prove highly useful for exploration of GPCR heterodimerization and the functional consequences thereof...
- Retinal plasma extravasation in streptozotocin-diabetic rats mediated by kinin B(1) and B(2) receptorsM Abdouh
Guy Bernier Research Centre, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, Montreal, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 154:136-43. 2008..We investigated whether or not kinin receptors play a role in diabetic blood-retinal barrier breakdown, which is a leading cause of vision loss...
- Gene expression of kinin receptors B1 and B2 in PBMC from patients with cardiac syndrome XJozefa Dabek
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Silesia, Ziolowa 47, 40 635 Katowice, Poland
Scand Cardiovasc J 41:391-6. 2007..Their effects are mediated by two receptors: B1 and B2. The aim of the study was to assess gene expression of kinin receptors in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) from patients with CSX...
- +9/+9 Homozygosity of the bradykinin receptor gene polymorphism is associated with reduced fat-free mass in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseNicholas S Hopkinson
Respiratory Muscle Laboratory, Royal Brompton Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6NP, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 83:912-7. 2006....
- Modulation of allergic and immune complex-induced lung inflammation by bradykinin receptor antagonistsR Gama Landgraf
Department of Immunology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes, 1730, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Inflamm Res 53:78-83. 2004..The effect of bradykinin (B(1) or B(2)) receptor antagonists was studied in allergic and immune-complex-induced lung inflammation...
- Combined effect of bradykinin B2 and neurokinin-1 receptor activation on endothelial cell proliferation in acute synovitisHélène C Seegers
Academic Rheumatology, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
FASEB J 18:762-4. 2004..These findings demonstrate that substance P and bradykinin can act on NK1 and B2 receptors, respectively, to promote endothelial cell proliferation in acute synovitis...
- Airway hyperresponsiveness to bradykinin induced by allergen challenge in actively sensitised Brown Norway ratsK M Ellis
Research Department, Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 369:166-78. 2004....
- Polymorphisms in the bradykinin B2 receptor gene and childhood asthmaB Kusser
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Pulmonary Disease, University Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Biol Chem 382:885-9. 2001..Polymorphisms with a potential functional relevance have been described in the B2 bradykinin receptor gene. Study of these polymorphisms in 77 children with asthma and 73 controls revealed no association...
- Role of kinins in seasonal allergic rhinitis: icatibant, a bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, abolishes the hyperresponsiveness and nasal eosinophilia induced by antigenP Turner
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 107:105-13. 2001....
- Downregulation of Bradykinin type 2 receptor expression in cardiac endothelial cells during senescenceLaura Nurmi
Wihuri Research Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Vasc Res 49:13-23. 2012..Since endothelial aging is an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease, we aimed to clarify the role of kinin receptors in age-related endothelial senescence...
- Role of plasma kallikrein-kinin system activation in synovial recruitment of endothelial progenitor cells in experimental arthritisJihong Dai
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:3574-82. 2012..To examine whether activation of the plasma kallikrein-kinin system (KKS) mediates synovial recruitment of endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) in arthritis...
- Effects of kinin B(1) and B(2) receptor antagonists on overactive urinary bladder syndrome induced by spinal cord injury in ratsStefânia Forner
Departamento de Farmacologia, Centro de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 167:1737-52. 2012..Kinin B(1) and B(2) receptors have been implicated in physiological and pathological conditions of the urinary bladder. However, their role in overactive urinary bladder (OAB) syndrome following spinal cord injury (SCI) remains elusive...
- The high glucose-induced stimulation of B1R and B2R expression via CB(1)R activation is involved in rat podocyte apoptosisSeul Ki Lim
Bio therapy Human Resources Center, Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Life Sci 91:895-906. 2012..We examined renal kallikrein-kinin system (KKS) apoptosis and its related signaling pathway in rat podocytes. In addition, we studied the relationship of cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB(1)R) with high glucose and BK receptors...
- Kinin-B2 receptor activity determines the differentiation fate of neural stem cellsCleber A Trujillo
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil 05508 000
J Biol Chem 287:44046-61. 2012..Here we describe novel functions for bradykinin and the kinin-B2 receptor (B2BkR) in differentiation of neural stem cells...
- Bradykinin B2 receptor contributes to the exaggerated muscle mechanoreflex in rats with femoral artery occlusionJian Lu
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H1166-74. 2013..Accordingly, results obtained from this study support our hypothesis that heightened kinin B2 receptor expression in the sensory nerves contributes to the exaggerated muscle mechanoreflex in rats with femoral artery occlusion...
- Hypotension in transgenic mice overexpressing human bradykinin B2 receptorD Z Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Hypertension 29:488-93. 1997..They also suggest that the B2 receptor-mediated signal transduction pathway plays a role in blood pressure regulation...
- Kinin-B2 receptor expression and activity during differentiation of embryonic rat neurospheresAntonio H Martins
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cytometry A 73:361-8. 2008..Functional kinin-B2 receptors and BK secretion indicate an autocrine loop during neurosphere differentiation to neurons, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes, reflecting events occurring during early brain development...
- Expression of endogenous nuclear bradykinin B2 receptors mediating signaling in immediate early gene activationMartin Savard
Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Physiol 216:234-44. 2008..Some evidence has suggested, however, the existence of an intracellular/nuclear B2R population. Whether these receptors are functional and contribute to BK signaling remains to be determined...
- Efficacy and tolerability of Icatibant (Hoe 140) in patients with moderately severe chronic bronchial asthmaA M Akbary
Hoecht Roussel Pharmaceuticals Inc, Somerville, NJ, USA
Immunopharmacology 33:238-42. 1996..No acute bronchodilator effect was found. In conclusion, Icatibant showed a profile expected for an anti-inflammatory asthma drug...
- Effects of an orally active non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, FR173657, on plasma exudation in rat carrageenin-induced pleurisyM Majima
Department of Pharmacology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 121:723-30. 1997..v.) and methysergide (3 mg kg-1, i.v.). 7. These results indicate that FR173657 is an orally active, promising anti-inflammatory agent for kinin-dependent inflammation...
- Blockade of renal medullary bradykinin B2 receptors increases tubular sodium reabsorption in rats fed a normal-salt dietSema Hayriye Sivritas
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F811-7. 2008..We conclude that in rats fed a normal-salt diet, kinins act tonically via medullary BKB(2) receptors to increase Na(+) excretion independent of changes in inner medullary blood flow...
- Lack of evidence for AT1R/B2R heterodimerization in COS-7, HEK293, and NIH3T3 cells: how common is the AT1R/B2R heterodimer?Jakob L Hansen
Laboratory for Molecular Cardiology, The Danish National Research Foundation Centre for Cardiac Arrhythmia, The Heart Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 284:1831-9. 2009..2000) Nature 407, 94-98 ) that the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) and the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) form constitutive heterodimers...
- The bradykinin B2 receptor mediates hypoxia/reoxygenation induced neuronal cell apoptosis through the ERK1/2 pathwayMin Tang
Department of Neurology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China
Neurosci Lett 450:40-4. 2009The bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R) mediates many physiological processes such as hypotension, inflammation and blood-vessel permeability. Hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R) induces neuronal cell apoptosis...
- Expression of kinin receptors on eosinophils: comparison of asthmatic patients and healthy subjectsCornelia M Bertram
Lung Institute of Western Australia, Centre for Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
J Leukoc Biol 85:544-52. 2009..Importantly, anti-inflammatory corticosteroids down-regulated the expression of the kinin B(1)R...
- Bradykinin receptors antagonists and nitric oxide synthase inhibitors in vincristine and streptozotocin induced hyperalgesia in chemotherapy and diabetic neuropathy rat modelMagdalena Bujalska
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30:144-52. 2009....
- Receptor mediation and nociceptin inhibition of bradykinin-induced plasma extravasation in the knee joint of the ratKumi Moriyama
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Inflamm Res 58:873-80. 2009..The aim was to investigate the signaling mechanisms and regulation of bradykinin (BK)-induced inflammation in rat knee joint...
- Hypoxia-induced expression of bradykinin type-2 receptors in endothelial cells triggers NO production, cell migration, and angiogenesisInka Liesmaa
Wihuri Research Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Physiol 221:359-66. 2009..Our present results show that mild hypoxia triggers a temporal expression of functional BK-2Rs in human and rat endothelial cells and support a role for BK-2Rs in hypoxia-induced angiogenesis...
- Lack of association between ACE and bradykinin B2 receptor gene polymorphisms and ACE inhibitor-induced coughing in hypertensive KoreansS W Woo
Department of Pharmacological Research, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Pharm Ther 34:561-7. 2009..It is documented that Asians are more liable to coughing than Europeans. The aim of this study was to investigate genetic polymorphism involved in ACE inhibitor-induced coughing...
- Proteinase-activated receptor-4 (PAR4) activation leads to sensitization of rat joint primary afferents via a bradykinin B2 receptor-dependent mechanismFiona A Russell
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurophysiol 103:155-63. 2010..This PAR(4)-induced sensitization is TRPV1-independent but involves B(2) receptor activation, suggesting a role for kinins in this process...
- Splanchnic hyposensitivity to glypressin in a hemorrhage-transfused common bile duct-ligated rat model of portal hypertension: role of nitric oxide and bradykininChien Ting Chen
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 56:1261-7. 2009..This study investigated the relative contribution of nitric oxide synthase isoforms and the role of bradykinin in the pathogenesis of splanchnic hyposensitivity in rats with cirrhosis induced by common bile duct-ligation (BDL)...
- Protease-activated receptor 2 and bradykinin-mediated vasodilation in the cerebral arteries of stroke-prone ratsJohn S Smeda
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Memorial University, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
Peptides 31:227-37. 2010..Despite the presence of vascular injury, edema, inflammation and the loss of endothelium-dependent bradykinin vasodilation we found no evidence that PAR(2) expression or vascular function was altered in MCA after stroke...
- Selective tumor blood-brain barrier opening with the kinin B2 receptor agonist [Phe(8)psi(CH(2)NH)Arg(9)]-BK in a F98 glioma rat model: an MRI studyJérôme Côté
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiobiology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1H 5N4
Neuropeptides 44:177-85. 2010..One approach for transporting drugs across the BBB involves the activation of bradykinin-B2 receptors (BK-B2R)...
- Targeted deletion of B2-kinin receptors protects against the development of diabetic nephropathyYan Tan
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology Diabetes Medical Genetics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1026-35. 2007..These findings provide the first evidence that targeted deletion of B2KR protects against the development of DN...
- Structure of the bradykinin B2 receptors' amino terminusS Abdalla
Institute of Physiological Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, University at Mainz, Germany
Biochemistry 35:7514-9. 1996..Antibodies raised against a peptide of the initial 27 amino acids of the human B2 receptor stained B2 receptors on intact cells. This finding excludes the existence of a signal sequence for this receptor...
- Attenuation of persistent experimental pancreatitis pain by a bradykinin b2 receptor antagonistQingmin Chen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Pancreas 39:1220-5. 2010..Recently, we showed that spinal dynorphin was pronociceptive through direct or indirect BK receptor activation. Here, we explored the potential role of BK receptors in pain associated with persistent pancreatitis in rats...
- Cloned murine bradykinin receptor exhibits a mixed B1 and B2 pharmacological selectivityP McIntyre
Sandoz Institute for Medical Research, London, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 44:346-55. 1993....
- Molecular effects of interleukin-1β on dorsal root ganglion neurons: prevention of ligand-induced internalization of the bradykinin 2 receptor and downregulation of G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2Gisela Segond von Banchet
Jena University Hospital Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Institute of Physiology Ι, Teichgraben 8, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:262-71. 2011....
- Identification of genetic factors associated with susceptibility to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors-induced coughAntonio Grilo
Unidad de Hipertension, Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Universitario de Valme, Carretera de Cádiz S N bNeocodex, Avda, Charles Darwin, Acc A Seville, Spain
Pharmacogenet Genomics 21:10-7. 2011..However, relatively little is known about the genetic susceptibility to ACEi-induced cough in hypertensive patients...
- Cardioprotective effects of tanshinone IIA pretreatment via kinin B2 receptor-Akt-GSK-3β dependent pathway in experimental diabetic cardiomyopathyDongdong Sun
Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, 710032, China
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:4. 2011..The present study was to investigate the role of kinin B2 receptor-Akt-glycogen synthase kinase (GSK)-3β signalling pathway in mediating the protective effects of tanshinone IIA (TSN) on diabetic cardiomyopathy...
- Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of rat bradykinin B2 receptor geneD Z Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425 2211
Biochim Biophys Acta 1219:171-4. 1994..A variant TATA box sequence, an IL-6 response element and a cAMP response element were identified in the 5' flanking region of the rat bradykinin B2 receptor gene...
- Molecular structure and expression of rat bradykinin B2 receptor gene. Evidence for alternative splicingJ B Pesquero
Department of Biophysics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Biol Chem 269:26920-5. 1994....
- Effects of the bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist S 16118 (p-guanidobenzoyl-[Hyp3,Thi5,D-Tic7,Oic8]bradykinin) in different in vivo animal models of inflammationM Feletou
Division de Pneumologie, Institut de Recherches Servier, Suresnes, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 273:1078-84. 1995..p. LPS (25 mg/kg) administration induced over 90% mortality in 96 hr. S 16118 (1 mg/kg x 4), given 30 min before LPS injection and 4, 8 and 24 hr after LPS injection, did not influence the mortality rate.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Comparative nasal effects of bradykinin, kallidin and [Des-Arg9]-bradykinin in atopic rhinitic and normal volunteersK Rajakulasingam
Medicine 1, Centre Block, Southampton General Hospital
J Physiol 437:577-87. 1991..05). 3. These findings identify that the nasal effects of kinins are mediated through B2 receptors and the advent of B2 receptor antagonists will permit a further evaluation of the role of kinins in rhinitis...
- Expression cloning of a rat B2 bradykinin receptorA E McEachern
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, CA 94305
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:7724-8. 1991..As bradykinin is a key mediator of pain, knowledge of the primary structure of this receptor will allow a molecular understanding of the receptor and aid the design of antagonists for pain relief...
- Regulation of cardiac bradykinin B1- and B2-receptor mRNA in experimental ischemic, diabetic, and pressure-overload-induced cardiomyopathyFrank Spillmann
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12220 Berlin, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 2:1823-32. 2002..We have therefore investigated the bradykinin B1-receptor (B1R) and B2-receptor (B2R) mRNA expression in rat models of MI, LVH and diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- Angiotensin II type 2 receptor-bradykinin B2 receptor functional heterodimerizationPeter M Abadir
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Hypertension 48:316-22. 2006Angiotensin II type 2 (AT2R) or bradykinin B2 (B2R) receptor activation enhances NO production. Recently, we demonstrated enhancement of NO production when AT2R and B2R are simultaneously activated in vivo...
- Two functionally divergent p53-responsive elements in the rat bradykinin B2 receptor promoterJessica Marks
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Biol Chem 278:34158-66. 2003..The interplay of P1 and P2 may be important in the regulation of bradykinin B2 receptor gene expression in response to inflammatory stress and during development...
- Autoradiographic analysis of rat brain kinin B1 and B2 receptors: normal distribution and alterations induced by epilepsyBrice Ongali
Department of Physiology, Universite de Montreal, CP 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
J Comp Neurol 461:506-19. 2003..An altered balance between B(1) and B(2) receptor populations may play a pivotal role in the onset and/or maintenance of epilepsy...
- Contribution of bradykinin and nitric oxide to AT2 receptor-mediated differentiation in PC12 W cellsYi Zhao
Institute of Pharmacology, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
J Neurochem 85:759-67. 2003..The effects of angiotensin II on cell differentiation and cyclic GMP production were mediated via the AT2 receptor and further enhanced by bradykinin B2 receptor blockade...
- Kinin B2 receptor localization and expression in the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis of spontaneously hypertensive ratsFatimunnisa Qadri
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Clinic of Lübeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 3:285-92. 2003..Furthermore, compared to normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats, SHR show hypersensitivity to bradykinin (BK)-induced pressor responses which may be caused by an upregulation of B(2) receptor expression in the brain...
- Down-regulation of bradykinin B2-receptor mRNA in the heart in pressure-overload cardiac hypertrophy in the ratKatsutoshi Yayama
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and High Technology Research Center, Kobe Gakuin University, Ikawadani cho, Nishi ku, Kobe 651 2180, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1017-25. 2003....
- Tissue kallikrein and bradykinin B2 receptors in the reproductive tract of the male ratT K Monsees
Centre of Dermatology and Andrology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Andrologia 35:24-31. 2003..tKKS) within the reproductive organs of the male rat was investigated by analysing bradykinin subtype 2 receptor (B2R) gene expression and cellular distribution of B2R protein and the kinin-liberating protease tissue kallikrein (tK)...
- Association of polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system and bradykinin B2 receptor with ACE-inhibitor-related coughS Mukae
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Hypertens 16:857-63. 2002....
- Bradykinin B(2) receptor gene polymorphism is associated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-related coughS Mukae
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertension 36:127-31. 2000..A genetic variant of the bradykinin receptor is involved in the elicitation of ACE inhibitor-related cough. It may be possible to predict the side effects of ACE inhibitors in advance...
- Expression and location of the bradykinin B2 receptor in rat testisThomas K Monsees
Center for Dermatology and Andrology, Justus Liebig University, D 35385 Giessen, Germany
Biol Reprod 67:1832-9. 2002..The results point to a possible function of the tissue kallikrein-kinin system in the local regulation of spermatogenesis...
- Transcriptional regulation of the rat bradykinin B2 receptor gene: identification of a silencer elementHeloisa A Baptista
Center for Development of Experimental Models in Medicine and Biology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Pharmacol 62:1344-55. 2002..In summary, these data highlight the cell-specific regulation of the BKB2 receptor and the importance of a silencer element present in the regulatory region of the gene...
- A novel protein-protein interaction between a G protein-coupled receptor and the phosphatase SHP-2 is involved in bradykinin-induced inhibition of cell proliferationJohan Duchene
INSERM U388, Institut Louis Bugnard, Institute Fédératif de Recherche 31, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Rangueil, 1 avenue J Poulhes, 31403 Toulouse Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:40375-83. 2002..These observations demonstrate that bradykinin inhibits cell proliferation by a novel mechanism involving a direct protein-protein interaction between a GPCR (the B2 receptor) and SHP-2...
- B2 receptor activation reduces Erk1 and Erk2 phosphorylation induced by insulin-like growth factor-1, platelet-derived growth factor-BB, and high glucose in rat isolated glomeruliEric Cellier
INSERM U388, IFR 31, Institut Louis Bugnard, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 80:341-5. 2002..of the mitogen-activated protein kinases Erk1 and Erk2 by bradykinin (BK), an agonist of the kinin B2 receptor (B2R). In contrast, other reports showed an inhibitory modulation of mitogenesis by BK...
- Kinin B1 and B2 receptor mRNA expression in the hypothalamus of spontaneously hypertensive ratsF Qadri
Institute for Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Clinic of Lübeck, Germany
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 80:258-63. 2002....
- Pharmacologic and autoradiographic evidence for an up-regulation of kinin B(2) receptors in the spinal cord of spontaneously hypertensive ratsFrank Cloutier
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3C 3J7
Br J Pharmacol 135:1641-54. 2002....
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene insertion/deletion, not bradykinin B2 receptor -58T/C gene polymorphism, associated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor-related cough in Chinese female patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusY J Lee
Department of Clinical Research, Ping Tung Christian Hospital, Ping Tung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Metabolism 50:1346-50. 2001..In conclusion, our results indicate that Chinese diabetic female subjects are susceptible to ACEI-related cough, and this susceptibility may be genetically predetermined...
- Role of bradykinin B2 receptors in the formation of vasogenic brain edema in ratsN Plesnila
Institute for Surgical Research, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Neurotrauma 18:1049-58. 2001..Our findings further clarify the role of bradykinin in the pathophysiology of brain edema formation and confirm the therapeutic potency of bradykinin B2 receptor inhibition...
- Mechanisms of angiotensin II-induced expression of B2 kinin receptorsYan Tan
Dept of Medicine, Endocrinology Diabetes Medical Genetics, Medical Univ of South Carolina, 114 Doughty St, PO Box 250776, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H926-32. 2004..These findings demonstrate that ANG II regulates expression of B2KR in VSMC and provide a rationale for studying the interaction between ANG II and bradykinin in the pathogenesis of vascular dysfunction...
- Correlations in palmitoylation and multiple phosphorylation of rat bradykinin B2 receptor in Chinese hamster ovary cellsV Soskic
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology e V, 07745 Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:8539-45. 1999....
- Inhibition of angiotensin-converting enzyme reduces rat liver reperfusion injury via bradykinin-2-receptorHendrik Freise
Department of General Surgery, Surgical Research, University Hospital Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Surg Res 134:231-7. 2006..On the other hand, B-2-inhibition has been shown to reduce liver reperfusion injury. This study was designed to investigate the role of Bradykinin in hepatic reperfusion injury...
- Role of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors in normal blood pressure regulationArvi Duka
Hypertension and Atherosclerosis Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E268-74. 2006With inhibition or absence of the bradykinin B2 receptor (B2R), B1R is upregulated and assumes some of the hemodynamic properties of B2R, indicating that both participate in the maintenance of normal vasoregulation or to development of ..
- Autoradiographic distribution and alterations of kinin B(2) receptors in the brain and spinal cord of streptozotocin-diabetic ratsMaria Martha Campos
Departement de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Synapse 58:184-92. 2005..This contrasts with the early induction and over-expression of B(1) receptors reported in the brain and spinal cord of STZ-diabetic rats...
- Treatment of severe pulmonary hypertension: a bradykinin receptor 2 agonist B9972 causes reduction of pulmonary artery pressure and right ventricular hypertrophyLaimute Taraseviciene-Stewart
Pulmonary Hypertension Center, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Box C272, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Peptides 26:1292-300. 2005....
- Bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors, tumour necrosis factor alpha and inflammatory hyperalgesiaS Poole
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 126:649-56. 1999....
- Expression and function of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors in normal and inflamed rat urinary bladder urotheliumBikramjit Chopra
A1207 Scaife Hall, Department of Medicine Renal Division, University of Pittsburgh, 3550 Terrace Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Physiol 562:859-71. 2005..Our findings indicate that the bradykinin 2 receptor (B2R) but not the bradykinin 1 receptor (B1R) is expressed in control bladder urothelium...
- Prostaglandin receptors EP2, EP3, and IP mediate exudate formation in carrageenin-induced mouse pleurisyKoh Ichi Yuhki
Department of Pharmacology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 311:1218-24. 2004..These results demonstrate participation of EP2 and EP3 along with IP in pleural exudate formation but not in leukocyte migration in carrageenin-induced mouse pleurisy...
- Bradykinin down-regulates LPS-induced eosinophil accumulation in the pleural cavity of mice through type 2-kinin receptor activation: a role for prostaglandinsA R Silva
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacodinamica, IOC, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 127:569-75. 1999..25 nmol cavity(-1)) injected mice. 6. In conclusion, endogenously generated bradykinin seems to modulate, through activation of B2 receptors, eosinphil accumulation induced by LPS via a mechanism dependent on prostanoid synthesis...
- Interactions between bradykinin (BK) and cell adhesion molecule (CAM) expression in peptidoglycan-polysaccharide (PG-PS)-induced arthritisI M Sainz
The Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
FASEB J 18:887-9. 2004..These effects are mediated by bradykinin-1 (B1R) and-2 (B2R) receptors...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors attenuate bradykinin-induced vasoconstriction in septic isolated rat lungsL G Fischer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie und operative Intensivmedizin, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Anesth Analg 90:625-31. 2000..This study suggests that nonselective COX inhibition, and possibly inhibition of the inducible isoform COX-2, may attenuate sepsis-induced, receptor-mediated vasoconstriction in rats...
- Therapeutical efficacy of a novel non-peptide bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist on brain edema formation and ischemic tissue damage in focal cerebral ischemiaS Zausinger
Department of Neurosurgery, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:205-7. 2003..We currently studied neuroprotective properties of a bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist (LF16-0687 Ms) in transitory focal cerebral ischemia to assess infarct formation and the development of brain edema...
- Direct protein-protein interaction between PLCgamma1 and the bradykinin B2 receptor--importance of growth conditionsJohan Duchene
INSERM U388, IFR 31, Hopital Rangueil, TSA 50032, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 326:894-900. 2005..Mutation of the key ITIM residue abolished this interaction with and activation of PLCgamma1. Finally we also identified bradykinin-induced PLCgamma1 recruitment and activation in primary culture renal mesangial cells...
- B2 bradykinin receptor mediates the stimulatory effect of bradykinin on rat germ cell proliferation in vitroN N Atanassova
Institute of Experimental Morphology and Anthropology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Andrologia 35:13-6. 2003....
- Age-related changes of bradykinin B1 and B2 receptors in rat heartEkaterina Kintsurashvili
Hypertension and Atherosclerosis Section, Boston Univ School of Medicine, 715 Albany St, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H202-5. 2005..This study aims to investigate whether changes in B1R and B2R gene and protein expression in rat heart are associated with the age-related alterations of cardiac structure and ..
- Interleukin-1beta enhanced action of kinins on extracellular matrix of spontaneous hypertensive rat cardiac fibroblastsChiharu Imai
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Clin Exp Hypertens 27:59-69. 2005....
- Enalapril treatment corrects the reduced response to bradykinin in diabetes increasing the B2 protein expressionViviani Milan Ferreira Rastelli
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Cidade Universitaria, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Peptides 29:404-11. 2008..From our data, we conclude that in diabetes enalapril corrects the impaired BK response probably by increasing the expression of B2 receptors. The lack of potentiation of BK by Ang-(1-7) is not corrected by this agent...
- Role of kinin B1 and B2 receptors in a rat model of neuropathic painM Petcu
Departement de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Int Immunopharmacol 8:188-96. 2008..This study measured the densities of B1R and B2R binding sites in the spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia (DRG) by quantitative autoradiography, and evaluated the ..
- Expression of bradykinin receptors in the left ventricles of rats with pressure overload hypertrophy and heart failureAntti Kuoppala
Wihuri Research Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Hypertens 21:1729-36. 2003..Thus, the presence of a cardioprotective BK-2R signaling system may be critical in the prevention of pressure overload-induced heart failure...