Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd40lg
Description: CD40 ligand
Alias: Cd40l, Tnfsf5, CD40 ligand, CD40 ligand CD154, CD40-L, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 5
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- CD4+ T cells elicit host immune responses to MHC class II-negative ovarian cancer through CCL5 secretion and CD40-mediated licensing of dendritic cellsYolanda C Nesbeth
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Immunol 184:5654-62. 2010..of CCL5, which recruits endogenous CCR5(+) dendritic cells to tumor locations and activate them through CD40-CD40L interactions...
- Acquisition of host-derived CD40L by HIV-1 in vivo and its functional consequences in the B-cell compartmentMichael Imbeault
Centre de Recherche en Infectiologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUL, 2705 Boul Laurier, Quebec, Canada
J Virol 85:2189-200. 2011..It has been demonstrated previously that HIV-1 particles acquire the costimulatory molecule CD40L when budding from activated CD4(+) T cells...
- Enhanced P-selectin expression and increased soluble CD40 Ligand in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus and microangiopathy: evidence for platelet hyperactivity and chronic inflammationM Yngen
Department of Medicine, Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Karolinska Hospital, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetologia 47:537-40. 2004..We therefore investigated patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitus, without ( n=19) and with ( n=20) microangiopathy, matched for glycaemic control and duration of disease, and matched with healthy control subjects ( n=27)...
- Association of soluble CD40 ligand with carotid atherosclerosis in Japanese type 1 diabetic patientsN Katakami
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics A8, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Diabetologia 49:1670-6. 2006It has recently been shown that the soluble form of CD40 ligand (sCD40L) interacts with CD40 on vascular cells, leading to a variety of proinflammatory responses, and that serum sCD40L levels can be a predictive marker of cardiovascular ..
- The levels of soluble CD40 ligand and C-reactive protein in normal weight, overweight and obese peopleIlkay Tugba Unek
Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, 35340, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Med Res 8:89-95. 2010..Increasing evidence shows that engagement of soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) with its receptor plays a crucial role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Expression of CD40 ligand on CD4+ T-cells and platelets correlated to the coronary artery lesion and disease progress in Kawasaki diseaseChih Lu Wang
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Chang Gung Children s Hospital at Kaohsiung, Chang Gung University, Niau Sung, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Pediatrics 111:E140-7. 2003Kawasaki disease (KD) is an acute febrile vasculitic syndrome in children. CD40 ligand (CD40L) has been implicated in certain types of vasculitis. We proposed that CD40L expression might be correlated with coronary artery lesions in KD.
- Increased monocytic activity and biomarkers of inflammation in patients with type 1 diabetesSridevi Devaraj
Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research, Department of Pathology, UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Diabetes 55:774-9. 2006..CRP], plasma-soluble cell adhesion molecules [CAMs], monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, nitrotyrosine, CD40 ligand [CD40L], and monocyte function)...
- Heme oxygenase-1 improves the survival of discordant cardiac xenograft through its anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic effectsXia Zhen-Wei
Department of Pediatrics, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Pediatr Transplant 11:850-9. 2007..Finally, HO-1 mitigated CD40L transcription in the xenograft and recipient spleen...
- Antibody to gp39, the ligand for CD40 significantly inhibits the humoral response from Graves' thyroid tissues xenografted into severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) miceE Resetkova
Endocrinology Research Laboratory, Wellesley Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thyroid 6:267-73. 1996..e., collagen-induced rheumatoid arthritis). The binding between CD40 expressed on mature B cells and CD40 ligand (CD40L, gp39) transiently expressed on activated T helper cells (Th) further stabilizes the interactions (..
- alpha beta T cell regulation and CD40 ligand dependence in murine systemic autoimmunityS L Peng
Section of Rheumatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Immunol 158:2464-70. 1997..T cells and gamma delta T cells regulate systemic autoimmunity, lupus-prone mice were rendered deficient in CD40 ligand and/or alpha beta T cells by intercrossing CD40L -/- and TCR-alpha -/- knockouts, generating CD40L-intact or -..
- CD40 ligand induces an antileukemia immune response in vivoD Dilloo
Division of Bone Marrow Transplantation and Cell and Gene Therapy Program, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Blood 90:1927-33. 1997..b>CD40 ligand (CD40L) is a costimulator molecule that directly activates T cells and may promote antigen presentation by CD40-..
- Disruption of antigen-induced inflammatory responses in CD40 ligand knockout miceX F Lei
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Infection Programme, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 3Z5
J Clin Invest 101:1342-53. 1998The objective of this study was to investigate the contribution of the interaction between CD40 and its ligand (CD40L) to antigen-induced airways inflammatory responses...
- Expression of CD40/CD40 ligand and Bcl-2 family proteins in labial salivary glands of patients with Sjögren's syndromeH Nakamura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki City, Japan
Lab Invest 79:261-9. 1999..We determined the role of interactions between CD40 and CD40 ligand (CD40L) in these infiltrating lymphocytes on B-cell differentiation and expression of Bcl-2 family proteins...
- Role of CD40-CVD40L in mouse severe malariaP F Piguet
Department of Pathology, University of Geneva, 1 Rue M Servet, CMU, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 159:733-42. 2001We explored the role of CD40-CD40L (CD154) in the severe malaria elicited by Plasmodium berghei anka infection in mice...
- Overexpression of CD40 ligand in murine epidermis results in chronic skin inflammation and systemic autoimmunityA Mehling
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cell Biology, Department of Dermatology and Immunology of the Skin, University of Munster, D 49149 Münster, Germany
J Exp Med 194:615-28. 2001CD40-CD40 ligand (L) interactions play a pivotal role in immune-mediated inflammatory responses via the activation of antigen-presenting cells (APCs)...
- Identification of CD40 ligand in Alzheimer's disease and in animal models of Alzheimer's disease and brain injuryNoel Y Calingasan
Neuroscience Research, Maryland Research Laboratories, Otsuka Maryland Research Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Neurobiol Aging 23:31-9. 2002..The immune and inflammatory mediator CD40 ligand (CD40L) can augment the activation of cultured microglia by amyloid beta-protein (Abeta) and promote neuron ..
- Prevention of autoimmune diabetes in the DRBB rat by CD40/154 blockadeWayne V Moore
Pediatric Endocrinology, Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gilham Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Autoimmun 19:139-45. 2002..The results indicate that the CD40/154 blockade can prevent diabetes by modifying the expansion or effector phase of the autoimmune diabetes...
- CD40, CD154, Bax and Bcl-2 expression in Sjögren's syndrome salivary glands: a putative anti-apoptotic role during its effector phasesM Ohlsson
Broegelmann Research Laboratory, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Scand J Immunol 56:561-71. 2002..In conclusion, our study further supports the hypothesis about apoptosis resistance among SS focal IMCs and suggests a putative protective role of CD40 ligation in SS SG epithelium...
- Differences of soluble CD40L in sera and plasma: implications on CD40L assay as a marker of thrombotic riskEugene R Ahn
Wallace H Coulter Platelet Laboratory, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1475 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Thromb Res 114:143-8. 2004Soluble CD40L (sCD40L) ELISA has emerged as a promising predictor of poor outcomes in acute coronary syndrome. Yet many blood processing techniques have been used with little consideration of their effect on the results.
- Intratumoral administration of immature dendritic cells following the adenovirus vector encoding CD40 ligand elicits significant regression of established myelomaYongqing Liu
Research Unit, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency and Departments of Microbiology, Immunology and Oncology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 0W0
Cancer Gene Ther 12:122-32. 2005Our previous study showed that J558 myeloma cells engineered CD40L lost their tumorigenicity in syngeneic mice, and the inoculation of J558/CD40L tumor cells further led to the protective immunity against wild tumors...
- The expression of CD40-CD40L and activities of matrix metalloproteinases in atherosclerotic ratsMin Wu
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of the Medical College, Shantou University, Shantou 515041, Guangdong Province, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 282:141-6. 2006This study investigated the expression of CD40, CD40 ligand (CD40L) and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in dietary-induced atherosclerosis in rats...
- Blockade by nifedipine of advanced glycation end product-induced CD40-CD40 ligand interaction in endothelial cellsS Yamagishi
Department of Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Drugs Exp Clin Res 31:221-6. 2005..There is a growing body of evidence that CD40-CD40 ligand (CD40L) interaction also plays an important role in atherogenesis...
- The CD40/CD40 ligand system is involved in the pathogenesis of pemphigusMarzia Caproni
Department of Dermatological Sciences, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Immunol 124:22-5. 2007The CD40/CD40 ligand (CD40L) system has never been investigated in autoimmune bullous diseases belonging to the pemphigus group in humans...
- Autoimmune thrombocytopenia: flow cytometric determination of platelet-associated CD154/CD40L and CD40 on peripheral blood T and B lymphocytesMohamed H Meabed
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Bani Suef University, Bani Suef, Egypt
Hematology 12:301-7. 2007The CD40-CD40L system has pleiotropic effects in a variety of cells and biological processes including the immune response. Within the immune system, these molecules represent a critical link between its humoral and cellular arms...
- Elevated circulating levels of soluble CD-40 ligand in haemodialysis patients with symptomatic coronary heart diseasePaik Seong Lim
Division of Renal Medicine, Tungs Taichung Metroharbour Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Nephrology (Carlton) 13:677-83. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between plasma soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) and symptomatic coronary heart disease (CHD) in end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients on maintenance ..
- Immune modulation and apoptosis induction: Two sides of antitumoural activity of a standardised herbal formulation of Withania somniferaFayaz Malik
Division of Pharmacology, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Canal Road, Jammu 180001, India
Eur J Cancer 45:1494-509. 2009..parallel, it enhanced the proliferation of CD4(+)/CD8(+) and NK cells along with an increased expression of CD40/CD40L/CD80. In addition, WSF also enhanced T cell activation in camptothecin treated tumour-bearing mice...
- Norepinephrine induces systolic failure and inhibits antiapoptotic genes in a polymicrobial septic rat modelMani Chopra
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry, 3302 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Life Sci 87:672-8. 2010..We examined the effect of norepinephrine (NE) infusion on left ventricular function and apoptotic genes during progression of polymicrobial sepsis...
- Low CD40L levels and relative lymphopenia in narcoleptic patientsFernando Morgadinho Santos Coelho
Psychobiology Department, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hum Immunol 72:817-20. 2011..Although recent and important advances have been done, no study has analyzed the role of the CD40L in patients with narcolepsy...
- β1-Adrenoceptor antibody-induced increase in soluble CD40 ligand release in chronic periodontitis patients: role of prostaglandin E(2)Leonor Sterin-Borda
Pharmacology Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Exp Physiol 97:1030-9. 2012..periodontitis patients reacting with atrial β(1)-adrenoceptors (β(1)-ARs) act as an inducer of soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) release and prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)) generation...
- Effects of xinfeng capsules on expression of platelet granule membrane protein 140 and platelet cluster of differentiation 40 ligand in peripheral blood of adjuvant arthritis ratsZong Rui-Kai
Hubei University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hubei, Wuhan 430065, China
Int J Rheumatol 2012:139696. 2012Platelet GMP-140 and CD40L as specific markers of platelet activation play an important role in the morbidity and development of rheumatoid arthritis. The expression of GMP-140, CD40L increases in peripheral blood of AA rats...
- Zinc finger protein A20 protects rats against chronic liver allograft dysfunctionJie Yang
Department of Liver and Vascular Surgery, Liver Transplantation Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:3537-50. 2012..To investigate the effect of zinc finger protein A20 on chronic liver allograft dysfunction in rats...
- Hypothermic oxygenated perfusion (HOPE) protects from biliary injury in a rodent model of DCD liver transplantationAndrea Schlegel
Department of Surgery, Laboratory of the Swiss HPB and Liver Transplantation Center, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
J Hepatol 59:984-91. 2013..We analyze the impact of an end-ischemic Hypothermic Oxygenated PErfusion (HOPE) approach applied only through the portal vein for 1h before graft implantation...
- Effect of atorvastatin on atherosclerotic plaque formation and platelet activation in hypercholesterolemic ratsAyse Yesim Gocmen
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Bozok University, 66200 Yozgat, Turkey
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 91:680-5. 2013We aimed to investigate whether atorvastatin influenced the CD40-CD40L pathway in atherosclerosis formation in rats fed a high cholesterol diet...
- A phase 1 study of prasugrel in patients with sickle cell disease: effects on biomarkers of platelet activation and coagulationJoseph A Jakubowski
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN USA Electronic address
Thromb Res 133:190-5. 2014..In this study, we assess the effect of prasugrel on biomarkers of platelet activation and coagulation in patients with SCD...
- Repetitive hyperbaric oxygenation attenuates reactive astrogliosis and suppresses expression of inflammatory mediators in the rat model of brain injuryIrena Lavrnja
Department of Neurobiology, Institute for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, University of Belgrade, 11060 Belgrade, Serbia
Mediators Inflamm 2015:498405. 2015..In addition, HBOT prevents expression of CD40 and its ligand CD40L on microglia, neutrophils, cortical neurons, and reactive astrocytes...
- Urocortin-1 Mediated Cardioprotection Involves XIAP and CD40-Ligand Recovery: Role of EPAC2 and ERK1/2Eva Calderón-Sanchez
Grupo de Fisiopatología Cardiovascular, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBiS, HUVR Universidad de Sevilla CSIC, Seville, Spain
PLoS ONE 11:e0147375. 2016..The aim of this study was to investigate the molecular signaling implicated in the improvement of cardiac myocytes survival induced by Ucn-1...
- Cilostazol exerts antiplatelet and anti-inflammatory effects through AMPK activation and NF-kB inhibition on hypercholesterolemic ratsNadia Alice Vieira da Motta
Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Laboratório de Farmacologia Experimental LAFE, Instituto Biomedico, Universidade Federal Fluminense UFF, Sala 204 A, 24230 210, Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 30:327-37. 2016..Expression of P-selectin, CD40L, PKC-α, IkB-α, and iNOS and activation of AMPK, NF-κB, and eNOS in the platelets were assessed using Western ..
- Evaluating antithrombotic activity of HY023016 on rat hypercoagulable modelQiu Fang Chen
Department of Pharmacology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Eur J Pharmacol 781:190-7. 2016..HY023016 was able to inhibit thrombin- or ADP-induced platelet P-selectin or CD40L expression, leukocyte CD11b expression and formation of platelet-leukocyte aggregates in dose-dependent manner...
- The ginsenoside metabolite compound K exerts its anti-inflammatory activity by downregulating memory B cell in adjuvant-induced arthritisJingyu Chen
a Institute of Clinical Pharmacology of Anhui Medical University, Key Laboratory of Anti inflammatory and Immune Medicine, Ministry of Education, Hefei, China
Pharm Biol 54:1280-8. 2016..Our previous study demonstrated that CK exerted its anti-inflammatory effect via inhibition of abnormal activation and differentiation of T cells. However, its mechanism of action on B cells remains unclear...
- Inhibition of the CD40-CD40ligand pathway prevents murine membranous glomerulonephritisL Biancone
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Kidney Int 48:458-68. 1995..production requires T cell costimulatory signals provided in part by T cell surface expression of gp39/CD40ligand (CD40L) that engages the B cell receptor CD40 and induces B cell differentiation and immunoglobulin class switching...
- Heightened CD40 ligand gene expression in peripheral CD4+ T cells from patients with kidney allograft rejectionA Shoker
Department of Medicine, Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Transplantation 70:497-505. 2000b>CD40 ligand (CD40L) gene expression is increased in rejecting allograft biopsies. We, therefore, tested the possibility that CD40L gene expression is heightened in peripheral CD4+ T cells during renal allograft rejection.
- Cutting Edge: Ectopic expression of CD40 ligand on B cells induces lupus-like autoimmune diseaseTetsuya Higuchi
Department of Immunology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8510, Japan
J Immunol 168:9-12. 2002b>CD40 ligand (CD40L) is ectopically expressed on B cells in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and lupus-prone BXSB mice...
- A short course of BG9588 (anti-CD40 ligand antibody) improves serologic activity and decreases hematuria in patients with proliferative lupus glomerulonephritisDimitrios T Boumpas
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:719-27. 2003CD40-CD40 ligand (CD40L) interactions play a significant role in the production of autoantibodies and tissue injury in lupus nephritis...
- Blockade of CD40-CD40 ligand protects against renal injury in chronic proteinuric renal diseaseLukas Kairaitis
Department of Renal Medicine, The University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Kidney Int 64:1265-72. 2003Interaction between CD40 and CD40 ligand (CD40L) is involved in both cognate and innate immune responses. Blockade of CD40-CD40L interactions reduces severity of renal injury in murine lupus nephritis and membranous nephropathy...
- Distinct mechanisms of action of anti-CD154 in early versus late treatment of murine lupus nephritisSergio A Quezada
Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:2541-54. 2003..The aims of this study were to identify the mechanism of this early effect, to determine whether late anti-CD154 treatment could halt established nephritis, and, if so, to examine potential mechanisms of late efficacy...
- Intrinsic renal cell expression of CD40 directs Th1 effectors inducing experimental crescentic glomerulonephritisAmanda Jane Ruth
Centre for Inflammatory Diseases, Monash University, Department of Medicine, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:2813-22. 2003..Immune neutralization of the CD40 ligand (CD154) at the time of challenge significantly reduced accumulation of Th1 effectors and injury...
- CD40/154 blockade and rejection of islet allografts in the streptozotocin and autoimmune diabetic ratK L Kover
Section of Pediatric Endocrinology, Children s Mercy Hospital and University of Kansas Missouri Kansas City, 64108, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 2:178-83. 2001..The results indicate the importance of testing regimen of islet transplantation in animal models of autoimmune diabetes...
- Increased soluble CD40 ligand levels in cystic fibrosisA Falco
Center of Excellence on Aging, University of Chieti G D Annunzio School of Medicine, Chieti, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 2:557-60. 2004..we carried-out a cross-sectional study to evaluate circulating levels of the inflammatory mediators soluble (s) CD40L, C-reactive protein (CRP), interleukin (IL)-1beta, the coagulation markers activated factor VII (FVIIa) and ..
- Remission of proliferative lupus nephritis following B cell depletion therapy is preceded by down-regulation of the T cell costimulatory molecule CD40 ligand: an open-label trialP P Sfikakis
Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Arthritis Rheum 52:501-13. 2005..This open-label study was undertaken to evaluate the efficacy of the anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody rituximab in the treatment of lupus nephritis...
- CD40 ligand (CD154) takes part in regulation of the transition to mononuclear cell dominance during peritonitisJulia Mazar
Department of Nephrology, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Faculty of Health Sciences, Beer Sheva, Israel
Kidney Int 67:1340-9. 2005..The aim of the present study was to investigate the role of CD40 ligation in leukocyte recruitment during peritonitis...
- AdCD40L gene therapy counteracts T regulatory cells and cures aggressive tumors in an orthotopic bladder cancer modelAngelica S I Loskog
Rudbeck Laboratory, Clinical Immunology Division, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Cancer Res 11:8816-21. 2005..an immunostimulating gene therapy for the treatment of orthotopic bladder carcinoma by transferring the gene for CD40L into the tumor site...
- CD40-CD154 expression in calcified and non-calcified coronary lesions of patients with chronic renal failureValentina Campean
Department of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Atherosclerosis 190:156-66. 2007..Activation of cells and adhesion molecules in atherosclerosis is governed by CD40-CD154 (CD40 ligand) interaction...
- Allogenic mixed chimerism induced by nonlymphoablative regimen including donor BMT with low-dose TBI and anti-CD40L cured proliferative glomerulonephritis in lupus miceEmiko Takeuchi
Department of Clinical Investigation, Kitasato University School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara City, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1110:362-7. 2007Allogeneic mixed chimerism achieved by low-dose total body irradiation (TBI) and anti-CD40L monoclonal antibody (mAb) with donor bone marrow transplantation (BMT) and host T cell depletion overcomes both allo- and autoimmunity...
- Effect of statins on soluble CD40 ligand in hypercholesterolemic Type 2 diabetic patientsE Santini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 31:660-5. 2008..Soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L), a marker of vascular inflammation, seems to predict vascular damage in patients with Type 2 diabetes...
- Urine cytokines suggest an inflammatory response in the overactive bladder: a pilot studyPradeep Tyagi
Department of Urology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 42:629-35. 2010..To study the hypothesis of detecting bladder inflammation associated with overactive bladder (OAB) through altered urine levels of cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors...
- Soluble CD40 ligand is predictive of combined cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients on haemodialysis at a relatively short-term follow-upGiovambattista Desideri
Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2983-8. 2011We tested the hypothesis that soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L), a biomarker of proatherogenic inflammation, may be predictive of cardiovascular (CV) events in a subgroup of patients from the RISCAVID study, an observational and prospective ..
- Platelet activation in patients with atherosclerotic renal artery stenosis undergoing stent revascularizationSteven Haller
Department of Medicine, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:2185-91. 2011Soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) is a marker of platelet activation; whether platelet activation occurs in the setting of renal artery stenosis and stenting is unknown...
- Simultaneous blockade of the CD40/CD40L and NF-κB pathways prolonged islet allograft survivalXiao Hong Wang
Department of Renal Transplant, Center of Nephropathy, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical College, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shanxi Province, China
Transpl Int 25:118-26. 2012Activation of NF-κB pathway and co-stimulatory system CD40/CD40L promotes the inflammation, which plays a key role in the failure of islet graft...
- Combination of IL-1 receptor antagonist, IL-20 and CD40 ligand for the prediction of acute cellular renal allograft rejectionXiaoguang Xu
Organ Transplantation Institute, 309th Hospital of the Chinese People s Liberation Army, 17th Heishanhu Road, Haidian District Beijing, 100091, China
J Clin Immunol 33:280-7. 2013..The outcome of renal transplantation is difficult to predict, even with an allograft biopsy. The aim of this study was to develop a sensitive, specific and noninvasive method for prediction of acute cellular rejection (ACR)...
- [Effects of electroacupuncture intervention on blood lipid levels and expression of CD 40 L and MMP-9 in the coronary artery tissue in coronary heart disease rats]Meng Li
Anhui College of Chinese Medicine, Hefei, China
Zhen Ci Yan Jiu 38:123-8. 2013....
- The CD40-CD154 co-stimulation pathway mediates innate immune injury in adriamycin nephrosisVincent W S Lee
Centre for Transplant and Renal Research, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:717-30. 2010Blockade of CD40-CD40 ligand (CD154) interactions protects against renal injury in adriamycin nephropathy (AN) in immunocompetent mice...
- The CD40 ligand, gp39, is defective in activated T cells from patients with X-linked hyper-IgM syndromeA Aruffo
Bristol Myers Squibb, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98121
Cell 72:291-300. 1993..The gene encoding gp39 was mapped to Xq26, the X chromosome region where the gene responsible for HIM had previously been mapped. These data suggest that a defect in gp39 is the basis of X-linked HIM...
- Nucleotide sequence of the rat CD40 ligandK M Hallett
Transplant Research Laboratory St Luke s Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53215, USA
DNA Seq 10:405-6. 2000
- Involvement of CD40-CD40L signaling in postischemic lung injuryTimothy M Moore
Department of Physiology, University of Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama 36688 0002, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L1255-62. 2002..Immunoneutralization of either CD40 or CD40L, cell surface proteins important in lymphocyte-endothelial cell proinflammatory events, results in significantly ..
- Local activation of dendritic cells leads to insulitis and development of insulin-dependent diabetes in transgenic mice expressing CD154 on the pancreatic beta-cellsClaus Haase
Hagedorn Research Institute, Niels Steensens Vej 6, DK 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetes 53:2588-95. 2004..To test the effect of activating islet-associated APCs in situ, we generated transgenic mice expressing CD154 (CD40 ligand) under control of the rat insulin promoter (RIP)...
- Blockade of the CD154-CD40 costimulatory pathway prevents the development of experimental autoimmune glomerulonephritisJohn Reynolds
Renal Section, Division of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Kidney Int 66:1444-52. 2004..Our hypothesis was that blocking the interaction between CD154 (CD40L) on Th cells and CD40 on antigen-presenting cells should inhibit T-cell activation, and thus the development of EAG...
- The efficacy of CD40 ligand blockade in discordant pig-to-rat islet xenotransplantation is correlated with an immunosuppressive effect of immunoglobulinLars Wennberg
Karolinska Institute, Department of Transplantation Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
Transplantation 79:157-64. 2005The authors' aim was to evaluate the efficacy of immunosuppression with monoclonal anti-CD40 ligand antibodies (aCD40L) or nonspecific polyclonal intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) in the pig-to-rat islet xenotransplantation model.
- Soluble CD40 ligand in acute and chronic heart failureThor Ueland
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Eur Heart J 26:1101-7. 2005Inflammatory cytokines may play a pathogenic role in heart failure (HF). CD40-CD40 ligand (CD40L) interactions are important in atherogenesis and based on its role in inflammation we sought to evaluate the role of CD40L in human HF.
- Platelet degranulation is associated with progression of intima-media thickness of the common carotid artery in patients with diabetes mellitus type 2Suzanne Fateh-Moghadam
Medizinische Klinik III, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Otfried Muller Strasse 10, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1299-303. 2005..Platelets play a key role in atherogenesis and thromboembolic complications in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Soluble P-selectin and CD40L levels in subjects with prediabetes, diabetes mellitus, and metabolic syndrome--the Chennai Urban Rural Epidemiology StudyKuppan Gokulakrishnan
Dr Mohans M V Diabetes Specialities Centre and Madras Diabetes Research Foundation, Gopalapuram, Chennai 600 086, India
Metabolism 55:237-42. 2006The aim of the study was to determine whether the levels of soluble P-selectin (sP-selectin) and soluble CD40L (sCD40L) are elevated in Asian Indian subjects with impaired glucose tolerance (IGT), diabetes, and metabolic syndrome (MS)...
- Costimulation and autoimmune diabetes in BB ratsB C Beaudette-Zlatanova
Department of Medicine, The University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, and Transplantation Research Center, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Transplant 6:894-902. 2006....
- Increased levels of the CD40:CD40 ligand dyad in the cerebrospinal fluid of rats with vitamin B12(cobalamin)-deficient central neuropathyDaniela Veber
Institute of General Pathology and Center of Excellence on Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Milan, Via Mangiagalli 31, 20133 Milano, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 176:24-33. 2006..In keeping with this, an anti-CD40 treatment prevented myelin lesions...
- B cells play a cooperative role via CD40L-CD40 interaction in T cell-mediated experimental autoimmune neuritis in Lewis ratsWei Zhu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, First Hospital, Jilin University, Changchun, China
Neurobiol Dis 25:642-8. 2007The expression of co-stimulatory molecules CD40 and CD40L was examined over the course of experimental autoimmune neuritis (EAN) induced in Lewis rats by immunization with bovine peripheral nerve myelin...
- Interaction between cytokines and sCD40L in patients with stable and unstable coronary syndromesD Tousoulis
Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Eur J Clin Invest 37:623-8. 2007..Although sCD40L is part of immune response, the mechanisms regulating its release in different disease states remain unknown...
- Molecular and functional analysis of a novel recombinant clone of rat (Rattus norvegicus) CD40 ligand (CD40L) geneGunes Esendagli
Department of Basic Oncology, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, 06100, Turkey
Mol Biol Rep 36:83-9. 2009..In this study, coding sequence of rat CD40 ligand (CD40L, CD154) was obtained from activated splenocytes, amplified, and cloned into a eukaryotic expression ..
- CD40L stimulation of rat dendritic cells specifically favors the IL-12/IL-10 ratio resulting in a strong T cell stimulatory capacityAnnelein M Stax
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Nephrology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 45:2641-50. 2008..To investigate the effect of CD40 triggering on rat DC, we cloned the rat CD40L gene and generated murine fibroblasts with stable expression (L-rCD40L)...
- Generation and characterization of a novel anti-rat CD40L antibody with inhibitory activities in vitro and in vivoAnnelein M Stax
Department Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol Methods 335:46-52. 2008The CD40-CD40L interaction plays a critical role in cell-mediated immune responses. Blocking this interaction has been shown to be beneficial in the treatment of various diseases studied in murine models...
- Increased concentrations of soluble CD40 ligand may help to identify type 1 diabetic adolescents and young adults at risk for developing persistent microalbuminuriaF Chiarelli
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 24:570-6. 2008..Soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) is supposed to be one of the most likely candidates for both retinopathy and nephropathy.
- Adenovirus-mediated CD40L gene therapy induced both humoral and cellular immunity against rat model of hepatocellular carcinomaTomonori Iida
Department of Surgery, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:2097-103. 2008..CD40L (AxCAmCD40L)-mediated gene therapy was studied for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) using CD40 ligand (CD40L) complementary DNA in rats...
- Immunogene therapy by adenovirus vector expressing CD40 ligand for metastatic liver cancer in ratsKen Hanyu
Department of Surgery, Institute of DNA Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:2785-9. 2008We have explored a gene-therapeutic approach to stimulate antitumor immunity by adenoviral-mediated transfer of CD40 ligand (CD40L) to treat metastatic liver cancer in a rat model.
- Primary tumor cells obtained from MNU-induced mammary carcinomas show immune heterogeneity which can be modulated by low-efficiency transfection of CD40L geneGunes Esendagli
Department of Basic Oncology, Institute of Oncology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Biol Ther 8:136-42. 2009..Low-efficiency transfection of CD40 ligand (CD40L) gene enhanced the expression of proinflammatory cytokines in the tumor cells and strengthened ..
- Enhanced levels of soluble CD40 ligand and C-reactive protein in a total of 312 patients with metabolic syndromeIlkay Tugba Unek
Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, 35340 Inciralti, Izmir, Turkiye
Metabolism 59:305-13. 2010..Increasing evidence indicates that CD40-CD40 ligand interactions constitute an important mediator for vascular inflammation...
- Modified serum profiles of inflammatory and vasoconstrictive factors in patients with emotional stress-induced acute coronary syndrome during World Cup Soccer 2006Ute Wilbert-Lampen
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:637-42. 2010..We sought to assess whether emotional stress-induced acute coronary syndrome (ACS) is mediated by increased inflammatory and vasoconstrictive mediators...
- From transcriptome analysis to therapeutic anti-CD40L treatment in the SOD1 model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisJohn M Lincecum
ALS Therapy Development Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:392-9. 2010..A therapy using a monoclonal antibody to CD40L was developed that slows weight loss, delays paralysis and extends survival in an ALS mouse model...
- Immunogene therapy against colon cancer metastasis using an adenovirus vector expressing CD40 ligandTomonori Iida
Department of Surgery, Institute of DNA Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Surgery 148:925-35. 2010..We studied CD40 ligand (CD40L)-mediated immunogene therapy for metastatic liver cancer in rats.
- Soluble CD40L (CD154) is increased in patients with shockM Chew
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Inflamm Res 59:979-82. 2010Recent data suggest that soluble CD40L (sCD40L) plays an important role in murine sepsis...
- Adaptive immune response in osteoclastic bone resorption induced by orally administered Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans in a rat model of periodontal diseaseY Li
Department of Oral Biology, New Jersey Dental School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Mol Oral Microbiol 25:275-92. 2010..In B cells, interleukin-2 (IL-2), macrophage-inhibiting factor, IL-19, IL-21, tumor necrosis factor (TNF), CD40 ligand (CD40L), CD70, bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2), BMP3, and BMP10 were upregulated early; while IL-7, Fas ..
- Alloimmune activation enhances innate tissue inflammation/injury in a mouse model of liver ischemia/reperfusion injuryX Shen
Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 10:1729-37. 2010..These results provide new evidence that alloreactive CD4 T cells are capable of enhancing innate tissue inflammation and organ injury via an Ag-nonspecific CD154-dependent but IFN-gamma independent mechanism...
- Platelet CD40L mediates thrombotic and inflammatory processes in atherosclerosisDirk Lievens
Department of Pathology, Maastricht Center for Atherosclerosis Research, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Blood 116:4317-27. 2010b>CD40 ligand (CD40L), identified as a costimulatory molecule expressed on T cells, is also expressed and functional on platelets. We investigated the thrombotic and inflammatory contributions of platelet CD40L in atherosclerosis...
- A striking local esophageal cytokine expression profile in eosinophilic esophagitisCarine Blanchard
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:208-17, 217.e1-7. 2011..Eosinophilic esophagitis (EE) is an emerging worldwide disease that mimics gastroesophageal reflux disease...
- Ileal immune dysregulation in necrotizing enterocolitis: role of CD40/CD40L in the pathogenesis of diseaseJiliu Xu
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 52:140-6. 2011..a CD40-modulated cytokine, has been described, but the role of the IL-10 receptor (IL-10Rβ), CD40, and its ligand CD40L in disease pathogenesis is unknown...
- Soluble CD40 ligand and prolactin levels in migraine patients during interictal periodSibel Guldiken
Department of Endocrinology, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
J Headache Pain 12:355-60. 2011..the relationship between prolactin levels and subclinical atherosclerosis risk factors such as soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) and high-sensitivity CRP (hsCRP) in migraine patients during interictal period...
- Signal pathways in astrocytes activated by cross-talk between of astrocytes and mast cells through CD40-CD40LDae Yong Kim
Department of Pharmacology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
J Neuroinflammation 8:25. 2011..We previously demonstrated the possibility that astrocytes and mast cells interact in vitro and in vivo. This study aimed to investigate the signaling pathways and the role for astrocytes in the interaction of astrocytes and mast cells...
- Relationship between markers of platelet activation and inflammation with disease activity in Wegener's granulomatosisGunnar Tomasson
Boston University BU School of Medicine, and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Rheumatol 38:1048-54. 2011..Our objective was to determine whether measures of platelet activation or inflammation are associated with disease activity in Wegener's granulomatosis (WG)...
- Abrogation of pathogenic IgG autoantibody production in CD40L gene-deleted lupus-prone New Zealand Black miceEvelyn Pau
Arthritis Centre of Excellence, Toronto Western Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Immunol 139:215-27. 2011New Zealand Black (NZB) mice spontaneously develop a lupus-like autoimmune disease. Since CD40-CD40L interactions are important for B cell class-switch recombination and germinal center formation, we sought to understand the impact of ..
- [Changes of soluble CD40 ligand in patients with hyperlipidemia of blood stasis syndrome and its clinical significance]Lu Jin
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Yueyang Hospital of Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 31:315-8. 2011To observe changes of soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L) in patients with hyperlipidemia of blood stasis syndrome and its correlation with blood stasis syndrome integral, P-selectin, and high sensitive creatine reactive protein (hs-CRP), to ..
- Human X-linked variable immunodeficiency caused by a hypomorphic mutation in XIAP in association with a rare polymorphism in CD40LGStéphanie Rigaud
Laboratoire du Développement Normal et Pathologique du Système Immunitaire, INSERM, Unité 768, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Blood 118:252-61. 2011..a hypomorphic hemizygous mutation in XIAP (XIAP(G466X)) that cosegregated with a rare polymorphism in CD40LG (CD40 ligand(G219R))...
- CD40L deficiency ameliorates adipose tissue inflammation and metabolic manifestations of obesity in miceMarjorie Poggi
Department of Pathology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2251-60. 2011..The CD40-CD40L costimulatory dyad plays a pivotal role in immune responses and in diseases such as atherosclerosis and may ..
- Partial immune reconstitution of X-linked hyper IgM syndrome with recombinant CD40 ligandAshish Jain
Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases NIAID, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Blood 118:3811-7. 2011X-linked hyper IgM syndrome (XHM) is a combined immune deficiency disorder caused by genetic alterations in CD40 ligand. The purpose of this study was to investigate the safety and efficacy of recombinant CD40 ligand (rCD40L) in the ..
- HOST IMMUNOREGULATION OF ANTILEISHMANIAL CHEMOTHERAPYHenry Murray; Fiscal Year: 2005..And Aim 3: Characterize immunostimulation in AmB's efficacy, and in recrudescent infection following AmB therapy, pinpoint the likely cytokine-driven T cell mechanism which prevents post-treatment relapse. ..
- Host Immunoregulation of Response to Antileishmanial ChemotherapyHenry Murray; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..