Genomes and Genes
fibroblast growth factor receptor 2
Gene Symbol: fibroblast growth factor receptor 2
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor 2
Alias: fibroblast growth factor receptor 2
- Alternative splicing in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 is associated with induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in rat bladder carcinoma cellsP Savagner
Laboratoire de Physiopathologie du Developpement, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France
Mol Biol Cell 5:851-62. 1994..Such transfected cells could bind bFGF as well as aFGF. Therefore, EMT can be induced through different FGF receptors, but EMT may also regulate FGF receptor expression itself...
- Ethanol exposure during embryogenesis decreases the radial glial progenitorpool and affects the generation of neurons and astrocytesGemma Rubert
Department of Cellular Pathology, Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe, Valencia, Spain
J Neurosci Res 84:483-96. 2006..Moreover, levels of activated Notch1 and fibroblast growth factor receptor 2, which regulate the maintenance of the progenitor state of RG, are decreased by prenatal ethanol ..
- Reduced Fgf10/Fgfr2 and androgen receptor (AR) in anorectal malformations male rats induced by di-n-butyl phthalate (DBP): A study on the local and systemic toxicology of DBPJun Tao Jiang
Department of Urology, Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Toxicology 338:77-85. 2015..Our findings suggest the potential involvement of altered Fgf10/Fgfr2 signaling and AR in pathogenesis of local and systemic development defects in ARMs male rats induce by DBP...
- Facial suture synostosis of newborn Fgfr1(P250R/+) and Fgfr2(S252W/+) mouse models of Pfeiffer and Apert syndromesRoopa Purushothaman
Department of Oral Biology, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 91:603-9. 2011..Our results indicate that midfacial hypoplasia is not secondary to premature cranial base ossification but rather primary synostosis of facial sutures. Birth Defects Research (Part A), 2011...
- Conditional mutation of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 results in an omphalocele in mice associated with disruptions in ventral body wall muscle formationPeter F Nichol
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health Department of Surgery, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Pediatr Surg 46:90-6. 2011..We observed that fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 (Fgfr1, Fgfr2) are expressed during abdominal wall development in mice and hypothesized that conditional mutation of these genes would result in abdominal wall defects...
- Risk of aggressive breast cancer in women of Han nationality carrying TGFB1 rs1982073 C allele and FGFR2 rs1219648 G allele in North ChinaXiao Hui Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital, Hexi District, Tianjin, 300060, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:575-82. 2011..SNP rs1982073 (Leu10Pro) in transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGFB1) gene and the SNP rs1219648 in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene with the risk and aggressiveness of breast cancer among women of Han nationality in ..
- Endotoxin alters early fetal lung morphogenesisChristopher S Muratore
Department of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Hasbro Children s Hospital, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02095, USA
J Surg Res 155:225-30. 2009....
- Fibroblast growth factor expression in the postnatal growth plateJacob E Lazarus
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Bone 40:577-86. 2007..We also found temporal changes in FGF and FGFR expression which may contribute to growth plate senescence and thus help determine the size of the adult skeleton...
- Analysis of phenotypic features and FGFR2 mutations in Apert syndromeW J Park
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 3914, USA
Am J Hum Genet 57:321-8. 1995..These results are not unexpected, because the two common mutations for Apert syndrome alter FGFR2 at adjacent amino acids that are likely to have similar biological, and therefore phenotypic, consequences...
- Mutations that cause osteoglophonic dysplasia define novel roles for FGFR1 in bone elongationKenneth E White
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Hum Genet 76:361-7. 2005....
- High-dose retinoic acid modulates rat calvarial osteoblast biologyHanJoon M Song
The Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5148, USA
J Cell Physiol 202:255-62. 2005..both mRNA and protein analysis of FGF receptor isoforms demonstrated a switch in predominance from fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (fgfr2) to fgfr1. Analysis of PCNA protein confirmed inhibition of proliferation by retinoic acid...
- Targets of fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF-1) and FGF-2 signaling involved in the invasive and tumorigenic behavior of carcinoma cellsClotilde Billottet
Laboratory of Cell Morphogenesis and Tumor Progression, UMR 144 CNRS, Institut Curie, Section de Recherche, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Biol Cell 15:4725-34. 2004..These molecular analyses show that the potential of these two growth factors in tumor progression is highly dependent on specific FGFR signaling and highlights its importance as a target for antitumor therapy...
- Evidence for fibroblast growth factor receptors in myofibroblasts during palatal mucoperiosteal repairT Kanda
Maxillofacial Orthognathics, Department of Maxillofacial Reconstruction and Function, Division of Maxillofacial Neck Reconstruction, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 48:213-21. 2003..These findings suggest that FGFR1 and FGFR2 in myofibroblasts may be responsible for the signal transduction of FGF during the wound healing process...
- FGF-2 converts mature oligodendrocytes to a novel phenotypeR Bansal
Department of Pharmacology, University of Connecticut Medical School, Farmington 06030 3205, USA
J Neurosci Res 50:215-28. 1997..In particular, on the basis of these data we predict the appearance of cells in and around multiple sclerosis plaques with the phenotype O4+, NG2-, A2B5-, O1-, MBP-...
- Upregulation of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 and 3 in the late stages of fetal lung development in the nitrofen rat modelFlorian Friedmacher
National Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Children s Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland
Pediatr Surg Int 28:195-9. 2012..We designed this study to test the hypothesis that FGFR gene expression is upregulated in the late stages of lung development in the nitrofen CDH model...
- Phosphorylation of serine 779 in fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 and 2 by protein kinase C(epsilon) regulates Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling and neuronal differentiationAna Lonic
Cell Growth and Differentiation Laboratory, Division of Human Immunology, South Australian Pathology, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
J Biol Chem 288:14874-85. 2013..Our findings show that in addition to FGFR tyrosine phosphorylation, the phosphorylation of a conserved serine residue, Ser(779), can quantitatively control Ras/MAPK signaling to promote specific cellular responses...
- Novel phenotype of craniosynostosis and ocular anterior chamber dysgenesis with a fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 mutationEmma McCann
Department of Clinical Genetics, Royal Liverpool Children s Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Am J Med Genet A 138:278-81. 2005b>Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) mutations are associated with syndromic and non-syndromic craniosynostoses...
- Beare-Stevenson syndrome: two Dutch patients with cerebral abnormalitiesDaniela Q C M Barge-Schaapveld
Department of Paediatric Genetics, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Neurol 44:303-7. 2011..In 1996, two mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene were found to cause this syndrome, thereby including BSS in the fibroblast growth factor ..
- Second case of Beare-Stevenson syndrome with an FGFR2 Ser372Cys mutationRenata Fonseca
ECLAMC Estudo Colaborativo Latino Americano de Malformações Congênitas at Departamento de Genética, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Am J Med Genet A 146:658-60. 2008..Reported causes are an FGFR2 Tyr375Cys mutation in nine cases and an FGFR2 Ser372Cys mutation in one case. Here, we report on a second patient with the FGFR2 Ser372Cys mutation...
- A genome-wide association study identifies alleles in FGFR2 associated with risk of sporadic postmenopausal breast cancerDavid J Hunter
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 39:870-4. 2007..Our summary results from the GWAS are available online in a form that should speed the identification of additional risk loci...
- Serotonin (5-HT) induces glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) mRNA expression via the transactivation of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in rat C6 glioma cellsMami Tsuchioka
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Institute of Clinical Research, National Hospital Organization NHO, Kure Medical Center and Chugoku Cancer Center, Kure, Japan
J Neurochem 106:244-57. 2008..In conclusion, our findings suggest that 5-HT induces GDNF mRNA expression via 5-HT(2)R-mediated FGFR2 transactivation in C6 cells...
- Common variation in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene is not associated with endometriosis riskZhen Zhen Zhao
Molecular Epidemiology Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, 300 Herston Rd, Herston, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Hum Reprod 23:1661-8. 2008..Epidemiological data support a link between endometriosis and cancers of the reproductive tract. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) has recently been implicated in both endometrial and breast cancer...
- Extracellular point mutations in FGFR2 result in elevated ERK1/2 activation and perturbation of neuronal differentiationAnnika C Schuller
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Biochem J 410:205-11. 2008..gain-of-function point mutations (S252W and P253R) in the extracellular region of the FGFR2 (fibroblast growth factor receptor 2) increase the binding affinity for the growth factor...
- Diabetes does not influence oral oncogenesis through fibroblast growth factor receptorsEleftherios Vairaktaris
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
In Vivo 21:623-8. 2007..The expression of FGFR-2 and FGFR-3 investigated in an experimental model of chemically induced carcinogenesis in normal and diabetic (type I) rats...
- Phosphorylation and lipid raft association of fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 in oligodendrocytesM R Bryant
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Medical School, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 3401, USA
Glia 57:935-46. 2009....
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel breast cancer susceptibility lociDouglas F Easton
CR UK Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Nature 447:1087-93. 2007..05 level compared with an estimated 1,343 that would be expected by chance, indicating that many additional common susceptibility alleles may be identifiable by this approach...
- Frequent activating FGFR2 mutations in endometrial carcinomas parallel germline mutations associated with craniosynostosis and skeletal dysplasia syndromesP M Pollock
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Oncogene 26:7158-62. 2007..The discovery of activating FGFR2 mutations in endometrial carcinoma raises the possibility of employing anti-FGFR molecularly targeted therapies in patients with advanced or recurrent endometrial carcinoma...
- Fibroblast growth factor-9, a local regulator of ovarian functionAnn E Drummond
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 148:3711-21. 2007..In summary, the data are consistent with a paracrine role for FGF9 in the ovary...
- Drug-sensitive FGFR2 mutations in endometrial carcinomaAmit Dutt
Department of Medical Oncology and Center for Cancer Genome Discovery, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8713-7. 2008..Here, we show that somatic mutations of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) tyrosine kinase gene, FGFR2, are present in 12% of endometrial carcinomas, with additional ..
- Novel breast cancer risk alleles and endometrial cancer riskMonica McGrath
Program in Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, MA 02115, USA
Int J Cancer 123:2961-4. 2008..The molecular mechanisms underlying these differences remain to be defined...
- Gene profiling in Pap-cell smears of high-risk human papillomavirus-positive squamous cervical carcinomaMahmood Manavi
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Division of Special Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Gynecol Oncol 105:418-26. 2007....
- Aberrant receptor internalization and enhanced FRS2-dependent signaling contribute to the transforming activity of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 IIIb C3 isoformJiyoung Y Cha
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 284:6227-40. 2009Alternative splice variants of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) IIIb, designated C1, C2, and C3, possess progressive reduction in their cytoplasmic carboxyl termini (822, 788, and 769 residues, respectively), with preferential ..
- Novel phosphotyrosine targets of FGFR2IIIb signalingYongde Luo
IBT Proteomics and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3303, USA
Cell Signal 21:1370-8. 2009..Our findings provide specific downstream targets for dissection of causal relationships underlying the distinct role of FGF7/FGFR2IIIb signaling in epithelial cell homeostasis...
- Keratinocyte growth factor expression in hormone insensitive prostate cancerH Y Leung
Department of Surgery, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Oncogene 15:1115-20. 1997..Functional assessment of recombinant KGF in a proliferation assay demonstrated a mitogenic effect of up to 100% on cultured prostatic epithelial cells...
- Decreased expression of keratinocyte growth factor receptor in a subset of human transitional cell bladder carcinomasS G Diez de Medina
UMR 144, CNRS Institut Curie, Paris, France
Oncogene 14:323-30. 1997Growth factors and growth factor receptors are involved in tumor progression. The fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene encodes distinct isoforms...
- Rat oligodendrocytes and astrocytes preferentially express fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 and -3 mRNAsA Miyake
Department of Genetic Biochemistry, Kyoto University Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Japan
J Neurosci Res 45:534-41. 1996..The expression of FGFR-2 IIIc and FGFR-3 IIIc with different ligand specificities might play important roles in the various effects of FGFs on oligodendrocytes and astrocytes...
- Exon skipping causes alteration of the COOH-terminus and deletion of the phospholipase C gamma 1 interaction site in the FGF receptor 2 kinase in normal prostate epithelial cellsG Yan
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, NY 12946
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 194:512-8. 1993..When combined with the same FGFR2 extracellular domain, co-expression of the two COOH-terminal variants may mediate effect of the same FGF ligand on different signal transduction pathways...
- FGFR3-expressing smooth muscle-like stromal cells differentiate in response to FGFR2IIIb-expressing prostate tumor cells and delay tumor progressionChengliu Jin
Center for Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, 2121 W Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 3303, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 47:500-5. 2011..These results highlight the importance of the two-way communication back and forth between stroma and epithelium that is mediated by signaling within the FGFR family during progression to malignancy...
- Proliferation of neointimal smooth muscle cells after arterial injury. Dependence on interactions between fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 and fibroblast growth factor-9Alex Agrotis
Cell Biology Laboratory, Baker Heart Research Institute, St Kilda Road Central, P O Box 6492, Melbourne 8008, Victoria, Australia
J Biol Chem 279:42221-9. 2004..These studies demonstrate that, although multiple FGFRs are induced in neointimal SMCs following arterial injury, specific interactions between distinctly spliced FGFR-2 isoforms and FGF-9 contribute to the proliferation of these SMCs...
- Acute protection of ischemic heart by FGF-2: involvement of FGF-2 receptors and protein kinase CZhi Sheng Jiang
Department of Human Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada R2H 2A6
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H1071-80. 2002....
- Role for FGFR2IIIb-mediated signals in controlling pancreatic endocrine progenitor cell proliferationLynda Elghazi
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U457, Hospital R Debre, 48, boulevard Serurier, 75019 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3884-9. 2002..Thus, efficient propagation of pancreatic progenitor cells can be achieved in vitro by exposure to FGF7, which does not affect their ability to differentiate en masse into endocrine cells on FGF7 removal...
- Down-regulation of (IIIb) and (IIIc) isoforms of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) is associated with malignant progression in human prostateBenyoussef Naimi
UroGene, Genopole, Evry, France
Prostate 52:245-52. 2002..Imbalance in expression of these factors is associated with malignancy in several cancers...
- Differential intranuclear localization of fibroblast growth factor-2 isoforms and specific interaction with the survival of motoneuron proteinPeter Claus
Department of Neuroanatomy, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:479-85. 2003..Patients with spinal muscular atrophy suffer from fatal degeneration of motoneurons because of mutations and deletions of the gene for the SMN protein...
- Expression of keratinocyte growth factor receptor (KGFR/FGFR2 IIIb) in vascular smooth muscle cellsMunehiko Onda
Department of Pathology, Nippon Medical School and Division of Surgical Pathology, Nippon Medical School Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Pathol Int 53:127-32. 2003..Recombinant FGF-7 and/or FGF-10 proteins stimulated the growth of cultured rat VSMC. These findings indicate that KGFR localized in VSMC may contribute to the proliferation of VSMC in normal and atherosclerotic arteries...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 mutation analysis in human prostate cancerP Mehta
School of Surgical Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
BJU Int 86:681-5. 2000..The human prostate cell lines, LNCaP, PC3, DU145, PNT1A and PNT1B were also examined. In addition, 10 foci of invasive cancer from three patients who underwent radical prostatectomy were also assessed...
- Astrocytes produce CNTF during the remyelination phase of viral-induced spinal cord demyelination to stimulate FGF-2 productionPhillip J Albrecht
Department of Neuroscience and Anatomy, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neurobiol Dis 13:89-101. 2003..Altogether, these results strongly implicate CNTF as an important cytokine in demyelinating disease and as an upstream regulator of FGF-2 production in astrocytes during early remyelination...
- A stem structure in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 transcripts mediates cell-type-specific splicing by approximating intronic control elementsAndrew P Baraniak
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:9327-37. 2003Alternative splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) occurs in a cell-type-specific manner with the mutually exclusive use of exon IIIb or exon IIIc...
- Cooperation between ectopic FGFR1 and depression of FGFR2 in induction of prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia in the mouse prostateChengliu Jin
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3303, USA
Cancer Res 63:8784-90. 2003..The bigenic mice provide a model with cooperative aberrations in the fibroblast growth factor signaling axis for evaluation of tumor-initiating events in prostate tumorigenesis...
- Aberrant fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 signalling in esophageal atresia with tracheoesophageal fistulaTroy L Spilde
Children s Mercy Hospital Laboratory for Surgical Organogenesis, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:537-9. 2004..To characterize FGF signaling in the developing EA/TEF, the authors analyzed levels of FGF2R splice variants in experimental EA/TEF...
- MAZ elements alter transcription elongation and silencing of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 exon IIIbNicole D Robson-Dixon
Departments of Molecular Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29075-84. 2004The fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene exons IIIb and IIIc are alternatively spliced in a mutually exclusive and cell type-specific manner. FGFR2 exon choice depends on both activation and silencing...
- The nonsense-mediated decay pathway and mutually exclusive expression of alternatively spliced FGFR2IIIb and -IIIc mRNAsR B Jones
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2128, USA
J Biol Chem 276:4158-67. 2001..The nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathway and cell type-dependent rates of inclusion of exons IIIb and IIIc result in the mutually exclusive expression of FGFR2IIIb and IIIc...
- Aberrant expression of keratinocyte growth factor receptor in ovarian surface epithelial cells of endometriomaFuminori Taniguchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Fertil Steril 89:478-80. 2008....
- Tumour suppressive properties of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2-IIIb in human bladder cancerD Ricol
UMR 144, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Institut Curie, Section de Recherche, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Oncogene 18:7234-43. 1999..Altogether, these results show that FGFR2-IIIb has tumour growth suppressive properties in bladder carcinomas and suggest possible mechanisms of FGFR2 gene inactivation...
- A novel intronic cis element, ISE/ISS-3, regulates rat fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 splicing through activation of an upstream exon and repression of a downstream exon containing a noncanonical branch point sequenceRuben H Hovhannisyan
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 700 Clinical Research Building, 415 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6144, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:250-63. 2005Mutually exclusive splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) exons IIIb and IIIc yields two receptor isoforms, FGFR2-IIIb and -IIIc, with distinctly different ligand binding properties...
- Expression and possible function of fibroblast growth factor 9 (FGF9) and its cognate receptors FGFR2 and FGFR3 in postnatal and adult retinaAyca Cinaroglu
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurosci Res 79:329-39. 2005..These data suggest a role for FGF9 in retinal differentiation and maturation, possibly representing a neuronally derived factor acting upon glial (and other) cells...
- Inhibition of growth of malignant rat prostate tumor cells by restoration of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2A Matsubara
Center for Cancer Biology and Nutrition, Albert B Alkek Institute of Biosciences and Technology, and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Texas A and M University, Houston 77030 3303, USA
Cancer Res 58:1509-14. 1998..Restoration of the FGFR2 kinase to malignant tumors that are refractory to treatment may present a new avenue for gene therapy...
- Characterization of the intronic splicing silencers flanking FGFR2 exon IIIbEric J Wagner
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 280:14017-27. 2005..Our data defined elements of function within the ISSs flanking exon IIIb and suggested that silencing of this exon is mediated by multiple trans-acting factors...
- An intronic sequence element mediates both activation and repression of rat fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 pre-mRNA splicingR P Carstens
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2205-17. 1998Alternative splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGF-R2) is an example of highly regulated alternative splicing in which exons IIIb and IIIc are utilized in a mutually exclusive manner in different cell types...
- Cytoarchitecture of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR-2) immunoreactivity in astrocytes of neurogenic and non-neurogenic regions of the young adult and aged rat brainTamuna Chadashvili
Neural Repair and Neurogenesis Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience, The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
J Comp Neurol 498:1-15. 2006..Thus, FGF-2 biological effects on astrocytes appear to be mediated through FGFR-2-dependent mechanisms, and this may provide an indirect route by which FGF-2 acts on neuronal populations...
- Alternative inclusion of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 exon IIIc in Dunning prostate tumors reveals unexpected epithelial mesenchymal plasticitySebastian Oltean
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Center for RNA Biology, and University Program in Genetics and Genomics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14116-21. 2006In epithelial cells, alternative splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) transcripts leads to the expression of the FGFR2(IIIb) isoform, whereas in mesenchymal cells, the same process results in the synthesis of FGFR2(..
- Early-onset low-grade papillary carcinoma of the bladder associated with Apert syndrome and a germline FGFR2 mutation (Pro253Arg)Andreas Andreou
Department of Urology, Rouen University Hospital, Rouen, France
Am J Med Genet A 140:2245-7. 2006
- Ovarian dysgerminoma and Apert syndromeCecile Rouzier
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics, Nice University Hospital and CNRS UMR 6543, Faculty of Medicine, Nice, France
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:696-8. 2008..This is the second report of the association of Apert syndrome with cancer. Our observation raises the hypothesis of a role for FGFR2 mutations in tumorigenesis...
- Induction of FGF receptor 2-IIIb expression and response to its ligands in epithelial ovarian cancerI A Steele
Department of Surgery, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Oncogene 20:5878-87. 2001..b>Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 2 isoform IIIb (FGF receptor 2-IIIb) is a spliced variant of FGF receptor 2 that binds the ligands ..
- COHORT STUDY OF GENETIC MARKERS IN COLON CANCERDavid Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2005..They conclude that confirmation of risk genotypes would also be useful in identifying persons at high risk of colon cancer and assist in focusing screening efforts. ..
- COHORT STUDY OF GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO BREAST CANCERDAVID JOHN HUNTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the causes of the age-related shortening of telomeres may offer modifiable means of reducing breast cancer risk. ..