Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gja4
Description: gap junction protein, alpha 4
Alias: CXN37, gap junction alpha-4 protein, Gap junction membrane channel, protein alpha 4 (connexin 37), connexin-37, cx37, gap junction membrane channel protein alpha 4
- Structural determinants and proliferative consequences of connexin 37 hemichannel function in insulinoma cellsMiranda E Good
From the Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5051
J Biol Chem 289:30379-86. 2014..The C terminus and a channel able to function are necessary, and neither by itself is sufficient, for Cx37 to mediate growth suppression...
- Impact of 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene exposure on connexin gap junction proteins in cultured rat ovariesShanthi Ganesan
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA Electronic address
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 274:209-14. 2014..5nM or 75nM) and cultured for 4 or 8days. RT-PCR was performed to quantify Cx37, Cx43, p53 and Bax mRNA level...
- Carboxy terminus and pore-forming domain properties specific to Cx37 are necessary for Cx37-mediated suppression of insulinoma cell proliferationTasha K Nelson
Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona and
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 305:C1246-56. 2013b>Connexin 37 (Cx37) suppresses cell proliferation when expressed in rat insulinoma (Rin) cells, an effect also manifest in vivo during vascular development and in response to tissue injury...
- Age-related alteration of gap junction distribution and connexin expression in rat aortic endotheliumH I Yeh
Departments of Internal Medicine and Medical Research, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan
J Histochem Cytochem 48:1377-89. 2000We investigated endothelial gap junctions and their three component connexins, connexin37 (Cx37), Cx40, and Cx43, during growth and senescence in rat aorta by en face immunoconfocal microscopy and electron microscopy...
- Expression of connexins in the normal and obstructed developing kidneyDouglas M Silverstein
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 18:216-24. 2003..Our reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) studies demonstrate that Cx30, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, Cx46, and Cx50 are expressed in the kidney...
- Disruption of smooth muscle gap junctions attenuates myogenic vasoconstriction of mesenteric resistance arteriesScott Earley
Dept of Cell Biology and Physiology, MSC08 4750, 1 Univ of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2677-86. 2004..Immunohistochemical experiments revealed positive staining for connexin 37 (Cx37) in both endothelium and smooth muscle of rat mesenteric arterioles, whereas connexin 43 (Cx43) ..
- Differential endothelial gap junction expression in venous vessels exposed to different hemodynamicsChi Jen Chang
The First Cardiovascular Division, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 5 Fu Hsing St, Kuei Shan, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Histochem Cytochem 58:1083-92. 2010..and the total gap-junctional areas (TGJAs) of Cx40 and Cx43 were lower than those of the thoracic aorta and that Cx37 was hardly detectable...
- Connexin 37 is localized in renal epithelia and responds to changes in dietary salt intakeAdelina Stoessel
Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F216-23. 2010..Renal vascular expression and hemodynamic impacts have so far been shown for Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43. Additionally, Cx30, Cx30...
- Regulation of connexin gene expression during skeletal muscle regeneration in the adult ratA Trovato-Salinaro
Dept of Experimental Medicine, Section of Human Physiology, Univ of Palermo, Corso Tukory 129, 90134 Palermo, Italy
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C593-606. 2009..Within 24 h from injury, Cx37 expression was upregulated in the endothelial cells of blood vessels, and, 5 days after injury, Cx37-expressing ..
- Connexins 37 and 40 transduce purinergic signals mediating renal autoregulationTsuneo Takenaka
Department of Nephrology, Saitama Medical College, Iruma Saitama, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R1-11. 2008..Intrarenal infusion of (Cx37,43)GAP27 increased autoregulatory index of renal plasma flow (0.06 +/- 0.05 to 0.47 +/- 0.06, n = 6, P < 0...
- Association between C1019T polymorphism of connexin37 and acute myocardial infarction: a study in patients from SicilyFlorinda Listi
Gruppo di Studio sull Immunosenescenza, Dipartimento di Biopatologia e Metodologie Biomediche, Universita di Palermo, Corso Tukory 211, 90134 Palermo, Italy
Int J Cardiol 102:269-71. 2005..The component protein subunits of these channels, called connexin (Cx), belong to a multigene family. Cx37 is involved in growth, regeneration after injury and ageing of the endothelial cells, suggesting its role in ..
- Connexins: gaps in our knowledge of vascular functionXavier F Figueroa
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Physiology (Bethesda) 19:277-84. 2004....
- Genetic risk for coronary artery disease in individuals with or without type 2 diabetesYoshiji Yamada
Department of Gene Therapy, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology, Kakamigahara, Japan
Mol Genet Metab 81:282-90. 2004..005) associated with CAD: the 1019C -->T of the connexin 37 gene for men with type 2 diabetes; the 2445G -->A in the fatty acid-binding protein 2 gene for women with ..
- Angiotensin II receptor blockade corrects altered expression of gap junctions in vascular endothelial cells from hypertensive ratsYasuo Kansui
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H216-24. 2004..Confocal laser scanning microscopy after immunofluorescent labeling with antibodies against Cx37, Cx40, and Cx43 revealed that the expression of Cx37 and Cx40 in endothelial cells of the mesenteric artery was ..
- Connexin37 is the major connexin expressed in the media of caudal arteryNicole M Rummery
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:1427-32. 2002..the connexins (Cxs) involved in intercellular coupling within vascular muscle, the present study has quantified mRNA and protein expression for Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 in the caudal artery (CA) and thoracic aorta (ThA) of the rat.
- Induction of connexin 37 expression in a rat model of neuropathic painS H Lin
Anesthesiology Research Laboratory, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Kaohsiung Hsien 833, Taiwan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 99:134-40. 2002..Changes in connexin 37 mRNA expression following nerve injury have not been previously documented...
- Multiple connexin expression in regenerating arterial endothelial gap junctionsH I Yeh
Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei Medical College, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:1753-62. 2000....
- Individual gap junction plaques contain multiple connexins in arterial endotheliumH I Yeh
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, England, UK
Circ Res 83:1248-63. 1998..Up to 3 connexin types, connexin40 (Cx40), Cx37, and Cx43 may be expressed in vascular endothelium according to vascular site, species, and physiological ..
- The bystander effect exerted by tumor cells expressing the herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase (HSVtk) gene is dependent on connexin expression and cell communication via gap junctionsF D Vrionis
Department of Neurosurgery, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Gene Ther 4:577-85. 1997..In conclusion, these results indicate that in several cellular environments the bystander effect is dependent on connexin expression and gap junctional communication between HSVtk-positive and HSVtk-negative cells...
- Four novel members of the connexin family of gap junction proteins. Molecular cloning, expression, and chromosome mappingJ A Haefliger
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Biol Chem 267:2057-64. 1992..On the basis of their predicted molecular mass, these proteins have been designated connexin (Cx) 40 (Cx40), Cx37, Cx33, and Cx31.1...