Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grin2a
Description: glutamate ionotropic receptor NMDA type subunit 2A
Alias: GluN2A, NMDAR2A, NR2A, glutamate receptor ionotropic, NMDA 2A, N-methyl D-aspartate receptor subtype 2A, N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2A, glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit epsilon-1, glutamate receptor, ionotropic, N-methyl D-aspartate 2A
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- Heteromeric NMDA receptors: molecular and functional distinction of subtypesH Monyer
Center for Molecular Biology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Science 256:1217-21. 1992..Molecular cloning identified three complementary DNA species of rat brain, encoding NMDA receptor subunits NMDAR2A (NR2A), NR2B, and NR2C, which are 55 to 70% identical in sequence...
- Domain interaction between NMDA receptor subunits and the postsynaptic density protein PSD-95H C Kornau
Center for Molecular Biology ZMBH, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Science 269:1737-40. 1995..The interaction of these proteins may affect the plasticity of excitatory synapses...
- Molecular characterization of the family of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunitsT Ishii
Institute for Immunology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 268:2836-43. 1993cDNA clones for four different N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunits (NMDAR2A-NMDAR2D) were isolated through polymerase chain reactions followed by molecular screening of a rat brain cDNA library...
- Interaction between the C terminus of NMDA receptor subunits and multiple members of the PSD-95 family of membrane-associated guanylate kinasesM Niethammer
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Neurosci 16:2157-63. 1996..library and by in vitro binding assays, we have identified an interaction between NMDA receptor subunits 2A and 2B (NR2A and NR2B) and three distinct members of the PSD-95/SAP90 family of membrane-associated putative guanylate kinases...
- NMDA receptor activation results in tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A(NR2A) and interaction of Pyk2 and Src with NR2A after transient cerebral ischemia and reperfusionY Liu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, 221002, Jiangsu, China
Brain Res 909:51-8. 2001..In this study, effect of ischemia and reperfusion (I/R) on tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) and the interaction of two tyrosine kinases, Src and Pyk2, with NR2A was investigated...
- Regulation of NMDA receptors by cyclin-dependent kinase-5B S Li
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, Laboratory of Adaptive Systems, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:12742-7. 2001..Here, we demonstrate that cyclin dependent kinase-5 (Cdk5) associates with and phosphorylates NR2A subunits at Ser-1232 in vitro and in intact cells...
- Cdk5 activation induces hippocampal CA1 cell death by directly phosphorylating NMDA receptorsJian Wang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary T2N 4N1, Canada
Nat Neurosci 6:1039-47. 2003..Inhibiting endogenous Cdk5, or perturbing interactions between Cdk5 and NR2A subunits, abolished NR2A phosphorylation at Ser1232 and protected CA1 pyramidal neurons from ischemic insult...
- Role of NMDA receptor subtypes in governing the direction of hippocampal synaptic plasticityLidong Liu
Brain Research Centre, University of British Columbia, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5, Canada
Science 304:1021-4. 2004..In contrast, preferential inhibition of NR2A-containing NMDARs prevents the induction of LTP without affecting LTD production...
- Reaction mechanism determines NMDA receptor response to repetitive stimulationGabriela Popescu
University at Buffalo, Department of Physiology and Biophysics and Center for Single Molecule Biophysics, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
Nature 430:790-3. 2004..by examining the kinetics of transmitter binding and channel gating in single-channel currents from recombinant NR1/NR2A receptors, that the synaptic response to trains of impulses is determined by the molecular reaction mechanism of ..
- Differential roles of NR2A and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in cortical long-term potentiation and long-term depressionPeter V Massey
Medical Research Council Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 24:7821-8. 2004..We also find that de novo LTD requires the activation of NR2B-containing NMDAR, whereas LTP requires activation of NR2A-containing NMDARs. Surprisingly another form of LTD, depotentiation, requires activation of NR2A-containing NMDARs...
- Regulation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors by calpain in cortical neuronsHai Yan Wu
Department of Physiology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:21588-93. 2005..Immunoblotting analysis showed that the NR2A and NR2B subunits of NMDARs were markedly degraded in cultured cortical neurons treated with glutamate, and the ..
- Subunit assembly of N-methyl-d-aspartate receptors analyzed by fluorescence resonance energy transferShuang Qiu
Department of Neurobiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310031, China
J Biol Chem 280:24923-30. 2005..The results showed that NR1, NR2A, and NR2B subunits could form homodimers when they were expressed alone in HEK293 cells...
- Differential roles of NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in Ras-ERK signaling and AMPA receptor traffickingMyung Jong Kim
The Picower Center for Learning and Memory, RIKEN MIT Neuroscience Research Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Neuron 46:745-60. 2005..In mature cultured neurons, NR2A-NMDARs promote, whereas NR2B-NMDARs inhibit, the surface expression of GluR1, primarily by regulating its surface ..
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subtype mediated bidirectional control of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseElisa A Waxman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 280:29322-33. 2005..The ability of NMDAR subtype-specific mechanisms to regulate p38 has implications for NMDAR-mediated synaptic plasticity, gene regulation, and excitotoxicity...
- Roles of NMDA NR2B subtype receptor in prefrontal long-term potentiation and contextual fear memoryMing Gao Zhao
Laboratory of Higher Brain Functions, Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, 220 Han Dan Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Neuron 47:859-72. 2005..In particular, it has been suggested that NR2A-containing NMDA receptors are involved in LTP induction, whereas NR2B-containing receptors are involved in LTD ..
- Subunit arrangement and function in NMDA receptorsHiroyasu Furukawa
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Columbia University, 650 West 168th Street, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 438:185-92. 2005..Here we report crystal structures of the ligand-binding core of NR2A with glutamate and that of the NR1-NR2A heterodimer with glutamate and glycine...
- Differential roles of NR2A and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in LTP and LTD in the CA1 region of two-week old rat hippocampusThomas E Bartlett
MRC Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, Bristol, BS8 1TD, UK
Neuropharmacology 52:60-70. 2007..Against recombinant receptors in HEK293 cells NVP-AAM077 (NVP) was approximately 14-fold selective for NR2A vs NR2B receptors, whilst Ro 25-6981 (Ro) was highly selective for NR2B receptors...
- A three amino acid tail following the TM4 region of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NR) 2 subunits is sufficient to overcome endoplasmic reticulum retention of NR1-1a subunitWei Yang
Department of Neurobiology, Institute for Neuroscience, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 3100058, China
J Biol Chem 282:9269-78. 2007....
- Pharmacological characterization of recombinant NR1/NR2A NMDA receptors with truncated and deleted carboxy termini expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytesC A Puddifoot
Centres for Integrative Physiology and Neuroscience Research, University of Edinburgh, UK
Br J Pharmacol 156:509-18. 2009..Mutations of this region affect trafficking and downstream signalling of NMDARs. This study determines to what extent characteristic pharmacological properties of NR2A-containing NMDARs are influenced by this key functional domain.
- Distinct roles of NR2A and NR2B cytoplasmic tails in long-term potentiationKelly A Foster
Department of Basic Science, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, Pennsylvania 18510, USA
J Neurosci 30:2676-85. 2010..receptors (NMDARs) are critical mediators of activity-dependent synaptic plasticity, but the differential roles of NR2A- versus NR2B-containing NMDARs have been controversial...
- Transduced PDZ1 domain of PSD-95 decreases Src phosphorylation and increases nNOS (Ser847) phosphorylation contributing to neuroprotection after cerebral ischemiaWei Wei Wang
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China
Brain Res 1328:162-70. 2010..We recently reported that the triplicate complex NR2A-PSD-95-Src is a signaling module to facilitate NMDA receptor over-activation...
- NMDA receptors with locked glutamate-binding clefts open with high efficacyCassandra L Kussius
Department of Biochemistry, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Neurosci 30:12474-9. 2010..We found that locking GluN1 domains had no observable consequences on receptor activity, whereas locking GluN2A domains increased channel activity without reducing the number of resolvable kinetic states...
- Amino terminal domains of the NMDA receptor are organized as local heterodimersChia Hsueh Lee
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19180. 2011..Here we studied the organization of the amino terminal domain (ATD) of the rat GluN1/GluN2A and GluN1/GluN2B NMDA receptors by cysteine-directed, disulfide bond-mediated cross-linking...
- Elevation of p-NR2A(S1232) by Cdk5/p35 contributes to retinal ganglion cell apoptosis in a rat experimental glaucoma modelJie Chen
Institutes of Brain Science, Institute of Neurobiology and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Neurobiol Dis 43:455-64. 2011..001), whereas that of p35 displayed a marked increase on D14 (P<0.01) and D21 (P<0.001). Meanwhile, both NR2A and p-NR2A(S1232) increased from D14 onwards (P<0.01 to 0.001)...
- Identification of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptor subtype-specific binding sites that mediate direct interactions with scaffold protein PSD-95Sarah L Cousins
University College London School of Pharmacy, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:13465-76. 2012..We previously challenged this dogma to demonstrate a second non-ES(E/D)V PSD-95-binding site in both NMDA receptor NR2A and NR2B subunits...
- An alternating GluN1-2-1-2 subunit arrangement in mature NMDA receptorsMorgane Riou
Ecole Normale Superieure, Institut de Biologie de l ENS, IBENS, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e35134. 2012..a combination of electrophysiological and cross-linking experiments, we provide evidence that functional GluN1/GluN2A receptors adopt the 1/2/1/2 arrangement in which like subunits are diagonal to one another...
- Appropriate NR1-NR1 disulfide-linked homodimer formation is requisite for efficient expression of functional, cell surface N-methyl-D-aspartate NR1/NR2 receptorsMichalis Papadakis
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:14703-12. 2004..NR1-2a(c-Myc) /NR2A receptors when expressed in mammalian cells are not trafficked to the cell surface nor do they yield cell ..
- Selective subunit antagonists suggest an inhibitory relationship between NR2B and NR2A-subunit containing N-methyl-D: -aspartate receptors in hippocampal slicesAndrew P Mallon
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, Division of Neuroscience and Biomedical Systems, West Medical Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
Exp Brain Res 162:374-83. 2005..Each receptor includes at least two NR2 subunits. Here, we have examined the effects of selective antagonists of NR2A and NR2B subunits (NVP-AAM07 and Ro25-6981 respectively) on the effects of NMDA in the CA1 field of rat hippocampal ..
- Hippocampal synaptic plasticity involves competition between Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II and postsynaptic density 95 for binding to the NR2A subunit of the NMDA receptorF Gardoni
Institute of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Neurosci 21:1501-9. 2001..Here we report that the C-terminal NR2A(S1389-V1464) sequence was sufficient to guarantee the association of both native and recombinant alphaCaMKII and ..
- Genetic analysis of a functional GRIN2A promoter (GT)n repeat in bipolar disorder pedigrees in humansMasanari Itokawa
Department of Schizophrenia Research, Tokyo Institute of Psychiatry, 2 1 8 Kamikitazawa, Setagaya, Japan
Neurosci Lett 345:53-6. 2003..We examined the role of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2A subunit (GRIN2A) gene on 16p13...
- Effects of postnatal exposure to methylmercury on spatial learning and memory and brain NMDA receptor mRNA expression in ratsWenjun Liu
MOE Key Laboratory of Environment and Health, Institute of Environmental Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hangkong Road 13, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
Toxicol Lett 188:230-5. 2009..In hippocampus, the mRNA expression of NR2A and NR2B decreased, but the NR2C expression increased in PND14 group following MMC-treatment (p<0.01)...
- Viral-like brain inflammation during development causes increased seizure susceptibility in adult ratsM A Galic
Epilepsy and Brain Circuits Program, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Neuroscience, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Neurobiol Dis 36:343-51. 2009..Whereas there was no alteration in adult hippocampal cytokine levels, we found a marked increase in NMDA (NR2A and C) and AMPA (GluR1) glutamate receptor subunit mRNA expression...
- Inhibition by 2-methoxy-4-ethylphenol of Ca2+ influx through acquired and native N-methyl-D-aspartate-receptor channelsRyo Fukumori
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920 1192, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 112:273-81. 2010..increased intracellular free Ca(2+) levels in HEK293 cells transfected with the expression vector of either NR2A or NR2B subunit together with the essential NR1 subunit vector...
- Differential functions of NR2A and NR2B in short-term and long-term memory in ratsYe Ha Jung
Department of Neuropsychiatry, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Neuroreport 21:808-11. 2010..The specific functions of NMDA receptor subunits NR2A and NR2B have not yet been fully determined in the different types of memory...
- Effects of exposure to low-level lead on spatial learning and memory and the expression of mGluR1, NMDA receptor in different developmental stages of ratsXin mei Wang
MOE Key Laboratory of Environment and Health, Institute of Environmental Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, PR China
Toxicol Ind Health 29:686-96. 2013..Behavior deficits were found in gestation and lactation. N-Methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) increased during gestation both in hippocampus and cerebral cortex compared to the control group; in all treatment ..
- NR2A and NR2B subunits differentially mediate MAP kinase signaling and mitochondrial morphology following excitotoxic insultAnthony M Choo
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neurochem Int 60:506-16. 2012..b>NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDARs differentially mediated acute changes in cytosolic calcium, alterations in ..
- Blockade of ventral midbrain NMDA receptors enhances brain stimulation reward: a preferential role for GluN2A subunitsSabrina Bergeron
Departement de Psychiatrie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:1623-35. 2013..The selectivity of Ro04-5595 for NMDA receptors composed of GluN2B subunits and the higher affinity of R-CPP and PPPA for GluN2A suggest that the inhibition is mediated by receptors composed of GluN2A subunits.
- NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors in the prelimbic medial prefrontal cortex differentially mediate trace, delay, and contextual fear conditioningMarieke R Gilmartin
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211, USA
Learn Mem 20:290-4. 2013..Here we show that NR2A-containing NMDARs mediate trace, delay, and contextual fear memories, but NR2B-containing NMDARs are required only ..
- α-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole propionic acid (AMPA) and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors adopt different subunit arrangementsDilshan Balasuriya
Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1PD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 288:21987-98. 2013..e. 1/2/1/2) subunit arrangement, the GluN1/GluN2A NMDA receptor adopts an adjacent (i.e. 1/1/2/2) arrangement...
- Reduced levels of NR1 and NR2A with depression-like behavior in different brain regions in prenatally stressed juvenile offspringHongli Sun
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Shaanxi, China
PLoS ONE 8:e81775. 2013..NMDA receptor subunits NR1 and NR2A in the hippocampus, frontal cortex and striatum were assayed by western blotting...
- Chronic brain inflammation causes a reduction in GluN2A and GluN2B subunits of NMDA receptors and an increase in the phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in the hippocampusJinhua Ma
Department of Biological Sciences, Konkuk University, 120 Neungdong ro, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 701, Republic of Korea
Mol Brain 7:33. 2014..Therefore, it is suggested that chronic inflammation may alter expression levels of GluN2A and GluN2B subunits of NMDA receptors and associated intracellular signalling...
- The upregulation of NR2A-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor function by tyrosine phosphorylation of postsynaptic density 95 via facilitating Src/proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 activationChao Zhao
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation, Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 209 Tongshan Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, 221004, China
Mol Neurobiol 51:500-11. 2015..The phosphorylation of Y523 on PSD-95 potentiates NR2A-containing NMDA receptor current amplitude, implying an important role of Src-mediated PSD-95 phosphorylation in ..
- Activity-induced synaptic delivery of the GluN2A-containing NMDA receptor is dependent on endoplasmic reticulum chaperone Bip and involved in fear memoryXiao Min Zhang
1 Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology Ministry of Health of China, Collaborative Innovation Center for Brain Science, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, China 2 Department of Physiology, Kunming Medical University, Kunming, Yunnan 650500, China
Cell Res 25:818-36. 2015..receptor (NMDAR) in adult forebrain is a heterotetramer mainly composed of two GluN1 subunits and two GluN2A and/or GluN2B subunits...
- The potential role of phrenic nucleus glutamate receptor subunits in mediating spontaneous crossed phrenic activity in neonatal ratYonglu Huang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, 540 East Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 27:477-83. 2009..In adult rats, the pathway can be activated by drug-induced upregulation of NMDA receptor NR2A subunit and AMPA receptor GluR1 subunit in the phrenic nucleus following hemisection...
- Functional excitatory synapses in HEK293 cells expressing neuroligin and glutamate receptorsZhanyan Fu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Neurophysiol 90:3950-7. 2003....
- Differential role of NR2A and NR2B subunits in N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antagonist-induced aberrant cortical gamma oscillationsBernat Kocsis
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts MA02215, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:987-95. 2012..neuronal damage due to NMDA-R antagonists depends on their action on a specific type of the receptor containing the NR2A subunit. In human schizophrenics, NR2A is selectively reduced in fast-firing interneurons...
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine 5HT2C receptors form a protein complex with N-methyl-D-aspartate GluN2A subunits and activate phosphorylation of Src protein to modulate motoneuronal depolarizationGregory E Bigford
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Biol Chem 287:11049-59. 2012..Co-immunoprecipitation of synaptosomal fractions showed that GluN2A, 5HT2C receptors, and Src tyrosine kinase form protein associations in synaptosomes...
- N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor composition modulates dendritic spine morphology in striatal medium spiny neuronsCsaba Vastagh
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 287:18103-14. 2012..Here, we show that treatment of corticostriatal slices with NR2A antagonist NVP-AAM077 or with NR2A blocking peptide induces a significant increase of spine head width...
- CaMKII regulation in information processing and storageSteven J Coultrap
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Trends Neurosci 35:607-18. 2012..Recent findings also implicate CaMKII in long-term depression (LTD), as well as functional roles at inhibitory synapses, lending renewed emphasis on better understanding the spatiotemporal control of CaMKII regulation...
- Involvement of calpain/p35-p25/Cdk5/NMDAR signaling pathway in glutamate-induced neurotoxicity in cultured rat retinal neuronsYanying Miao
Institutes of Brain Science, Institute of Neurobiology and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e42318. 2012..Glutamate treatment for less than 9 h also considerably enhanced the ratio of the Cdk5-phosphorylated NMDAR subunit NR2A at Ser1232 site (p-NR2A(S1232)) and NR2A (p-NR2A(S1232)/NR2A), and caused a translocation of p-NR2A(S1232) from the ..
- Effects of metabotropic glutamate mGlu5 receptor antagonist on tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunits and cell death in the hippocampus after brain ischemia in ratsNorio Takagi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Neurosci Lett 530:91-6. 2012..Tyrosine phosphorylation of the NR2A subunit, but not that of the NR2B one, was inhibited by the mGlu5 receptor antagonist...
- Content of mRNA for NMDA glutamate receptor subunits in the frontal cortex and striatum of rats after morphine withdrawal is related to the degree of abstinenceD I Peregud
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Research Center of Narcology, Russian Ministry of Health and Social Development, Moscow, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 153:835-8. 2012..The concentration of Grin2a mRNA (subunit of the NMDA glutamate receptor) in the frontal cortex increased mainly in animals with severe ..
- NMDA receptor subunits in the adult rat hippocampus undergo similar changes after 5 minutes in an open field and after LTP inductionMaria Veronica Baez
Instituto de Biología Celular y Neurociencia IBCN Prof Eduardo De Robertis CONICET UBA, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 8:e55244. 2013..GluN1, GluN2A and GluN2B NMDA receptor subunits were assessed by western blot in 1) adult rats that had explored an open field (..
- Metabotropic NMDA receptor function is required for β-amyloid-induced synaptic depressionHelmut W Kessels
Center for Neural Circuits and Behavior, Department of Neuroscience, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:4033-8. 2013..Aβ activates this metabotropic NMDAR function on GluN2B-containing NMDARs but not on those containing GluN2A. Furthermore, oligomeric Aβ leads to a selective loss of synaptic GluN2B responses, effecting a switch in subunit ..
- Interaction of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor complex with a novel synapse-associated protein, SAP102L F Lau
Department of Neuroscience, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2185, USA
J Biol Chem 271:21622-8. 1996..These results suggest that SAP102 may play an important role in NMDA receptor clustering and immobilization at excitatory synapses...
- Identification of amino acid residues of the NR2A subunit that control glutamate potency in recombinant NR1/NR2A NMDA receptorsL C Anson
University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 18:581-9. 1998..By analysis of 10 mutant NMDA receptors, we now show that residues on the NR2A subunit control glutamate potency in recombinant NR1/NR2A receptors, without affecting glycine potency...
- PSD-95 promotes Fyn-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR2AT Tezuka
Department of Oncology, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:435-40. 1999..Results showed that tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2A, one of the NMDA receptor subunits, was reduced in fyn-mutant mice...
- An NMDA receptor signaling complex with protein phosphatase 2AS F Chan
Department of Biology and Biotechnology Research Institute, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
J Neurosci 21:7985-92. 2001....
- Sequence and analysis of the 5' flanking and 5' untranslated regions of the rat N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor 2A geneMarcus Richter
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Gene 295:135-42. 2002..Beyond this point, sequence identity dropped abruptly to 44%. Putative recognition sequences for the transcription factors S8, Sp1, GATA, AML1 and NF-kappaB were identified in both the rat and human promoter sequences...
- Evidence for functionally distinct synaptic NMDA receptors in ventromedial versus dorsolateral striatumDavid E Chapman
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:69-80. 2003..Although NR2B subunit expression is uniform throughout striatum, NR2A subunit expression is greater laterally...
- Tyrosine kinase and tyrosine phosphatase participate in regulation of interactions of NMDA receptor subunit 2A with Src and Fyn mediated by PSD-95 after transient brain ischemiaMin Chen
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, 221002 P R, Jiangsu, China
Neurosci Lett 339:29-32. 2003..and protein tyrosine phosphatase (PTP) on the tyrosine phosphorylation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) and the interactions among NR2A, postsynaptic density protein 95 (PSD-95), Fyn/Src after brain ischemia/..
- L-type voltage-gated calcium channel attends regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A induced by transient brain ischemiaYong Liu
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Jiangsu 221002, Xuzhou, China
Brain Res 972:142-8. 2003..Tyrosine phosphorylation of NR2A and interaction of NR2A with Src and Pyk2 in hippocampus induced by brain ischemia and reperfusion (I/R) were ..
- Activation of NMDA receptors in rat dentate gyrus granule cells by spontaneous and evoked transmitter releaseNils Ole Dalby
Department of Neurology, The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 90095 1769, USA
J Neurophysiol 90:786-97. 2003..Thus spontaneous NMDA receptor-mediated events in DGGC are predominantly mediated by NR2A or possibly NR2A/NR2B receptors while the activation of NR2B receptors reduces the excitability of entorhinal ..
- CaMKII-dependent phosphorylation regulates SAP97/NR2A interactionFabrizio Gardoni
Center of Excellence on Neurodegenerative Diseases and Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milano, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 278:44745-52. 2003..Our results show that SAP97 directly interacts with the NR2A subunit of NMDA receptor both in an in vitro "pull-out" assay and in co-immunoprecipitation experiments from ..
- Upregulation of glutamate receptors in rat cerebral cortex with neuronal migration disordersMin Cheol Lee
Department of Pathology, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:419-25. 2004..Significantly strong NR1 and NR2A/B immunoreactivities were demonstrated in cytomegalic and heterotopic neurons of NMD rats...
- Synaptic distribution of the NR1, NR2A and NR2B subunits of the N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor in the rat lumbar spinal cord revealed with an antigen-unmasking techniqueGergely G Nagy
Spinal Cord Group, West Medical Building, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Eur J Neurosci 20:3301-12. 2004..We have used an antigen-unmasking method involving pepsin treatment to reveal NR1, NR2A and NR2B subunits and have compared their distribution with that of the alpha-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazole ..
- Subunit-specific gating controls rat NR1/NR2A and NR1/NR2B NMDA channel kinetics and synaptic signalling profilesKevin Erreger
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, Rollins Research Center, Atlanta, GA 30322 3090, USA
J Physiol 563:345-58. 2005b>NR2A and NR2B are the predominant NR2 NMDA receptor subunits expressed in cortex and hippocampus...
- Inducible expression and pharmacological characterization of recombinant rat NR1a/NR2A NMDA receptorsDalma Kurko
Pharmacological and Drug Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Ltd, Budapest, Hungary
Neurochem Int 46:369-79. 2005..a non-neuronal cell line stably and inducibly expressing recombinant NMDA receptors (NRs) composed of rat NR1a/NR2A subunits...
- Single-channel analysis of a point mutation of a conserved serine residue in the S2 ligand-binding domain of the NR2A NMDA receptor subunitDavid J A Wyllie
Centre for Neuroscience Research, University of Edinburgh, 1 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, UK
J Physiol 574:477-89. 2006We have examined the function of a conserved serine residue (Ser670) in the S2 ligand-binding region of the NR2A N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit, using recombinant NR1/NR2A receptors expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes...
- [Expression of c-fos and NR2A in auditory cortex of rats experienced tinnitus]Ming Hui Jia
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 41:451-4. 2006To investigate the plasticity and the role of plasticity in the auditory cortex of rats which experienced tinnitus by screening the plasticity markers immediately early gene c-fos and the NMDA receptor's subtype NR2A.
- Learning in the absence of experience-dependent regulation of NMDAR compositionDavid Lebel
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, 84105 Israel
Learn Mem 13:566-70. 2006..in the composition and function of NMDARs at synapses in the piriform cortex, resulting in a high level of the NR2a subunit relative to NR2b...
- NMDA receptor surface mobility depends on NR2A-2B subunitsLaurent Groc
Physiologie Cellulaire de la Synapse, Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 5091, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS, Universite Bordeaux 2, 33077 Bordeaux, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18769-74. 2006..In particular, synaptic NMDAR switch from containing mostly NR2B subunit to a mixture of NR2B and NR2A subunits...
- Nandrolone-induced hippocampal phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunits and ERKsUwe L W Rossbach
Department of Pharmaceutical Bioscience, Division of Biological Research on Drug Dependence, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 591, S 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:1028-33. 2007..blot analysis revealed that a single injection of AAS increased phosphorylation of the NMDA receptor subunits NR2A and NR2B and ERK1/2, while the levels of phosphorylated CaMKIIalpha were unaltered...
- [Developmental changes in synaptic and extrasynaptic N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in cultured rat hippocampal neurons]Ying hong Tian
Department of Physiology, School of Basic Medical Science, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:634-7. 2007..To investigate changes in synaptic and extrasynaptic N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors (NMDAR) during the development of cultured rat hippocampal neurons...
- NR2A and NR2B subunit containing NMDA receptors differentially regulate striatal output pathwaysMartina Fantin
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, and Istituto Nazionale di Neuroscience, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Neurochem 103:2200-11. 2007Triple probe microdialysis was employed to investigate whether striatal NR2A and NR2B subunit containing NMDA receptors regulate the activity of striato-pallidal and striato-nigral projection neurons...
- Amygdala infusions of an NR2B-selective or an NR2A-preferring NMDA receptor antagonist differentially influence fear conditioning and expression in the fear-potentiated startle testDavid L Walker
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Learn Mem 15:67-74. 2008..the amygdala, most N-methyl-D-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptors consist of NR1 subunits in combination with either NR2A or NR2B subunits...
- The role of reelin in adult synaptic function and the genetic and epigenetic regulation of the reelin geneJonathan M Levenson
Galenea, Corp, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:422-31. 2008....
- The magnitude of hippocampal long term depression depends on the synaptic location of activated NR2-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsM Kollen
Faculte de Medecine, Centre de Psychiatrie et de Neuroscience U894 INSERM, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Neuroscience 154:1308-17. 2008..are composed almost exclusively of NR1 and NR2 subunits with NR1 subunits being mainly associated with either NR2A and/or NR2B subunits. The role played by the different subunits in synaptic plasticity is still controversial...
- Exposure to cyclic intermittent hypoxia increases expression of functional NMDA receptors in the rat carotid bodyYuzhen Liu
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:259-67. 2009..Western blot analysis, and immunohistochemistry, we found that ionotropic NMDA receptors, including NMDAR1, NMDAR2A, NMDAR2A/2B, are strongly expressed in the carotid body and colocalize with tyrosine hydroxylase in glomus cells...
- SGK1 phosphorylation of IkappaB Kinase alpha and p300 Up-regulates NF-kappaB activity and increases N-Methyl-D-aspartate receptor NR2A and NR2B expressionDerek J C Tai
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 284:4073-89. 2009..SGK1 enhanced nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB) activity and up-regulated N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor NR2A and NR2B expression through activation of IKKalpha at Thr-23 and Ser-180, and these two residues play an equally ..
- The serine protease plasmin cleaves the amino-terminal domain of the NR2A subunit to relieve zinc inhibition of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptorsHongjie Yuan
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322 3090, USA
J Biol Chem 284:12862-73. 2009Zinc is hypothesized to be co-released with glutamate at synapses of the central nervous system. Zinc binds to NR1/NR2A N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptors with high affinity and inhibits NMDAR function in a voltage-independent manner...
- NMDA receptors interact with flotillin-1 and -2, lipid raft-associated proteinsCatherine Croft Swanwick
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
FEBS Lett 583:1226-30. 2009..Here we demonstrate interactions between the NR2A and NR2B subunits of NMDARs with flotillin-1 (flot-1), a lipid raft-associated protein...
- Increased expression of the NR2A NMDA receptor subunit in the prefrontal cortex of rats reared in isolationJulia J Turnock-Jones
Department of Neurobiology, Babraham Institute, Babraham, CB2 4AT, United Kingdom
Synapse 63:836-46. 2009..An initial microarray analysis revealed a 1.26-fold increase in NR2A transcript in the prefrontal cortex, but not in the nucleus accumbens, of rats reared in isolation compared with ..
- Metaplastic regulation of long-term potentiation/long-term depression threshold by activity-dependent changes of NR2A/NR2B ratioZhuo Xu
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory for Neurodegenerative Disease of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210029, People s Republic of China
J Neurosci 29:8764-73. 2009..priming stimulations (PSs) across a wide range of frequencies (1-100 Hz) could induce bidirectional changes in the NR2A/NR2B ratio, which governs the threshold for subsequent long-term potentiation/long-term depression (LTP/LTD)...
- Long-term exposure to endogenous levels of tributyltin decreases GluR2 expression and increases neuronal vulnerability to glutamateYusuke Nakatsu
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3, Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8553, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 240:292-8. 2009..Long-term exposure to 20 nM TBT decreased the mRNA expression of glutamate receptors NR1, NR2A, GluR1 and GluR2, and increased that of NR2B, GluR3 and GluR4...
- Effect of manganese exposure on intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis and expression of NMDA receptor subunits in primary cultured neuronsBin Xu
Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110001, People s Republic of China
Neurotoxicology 30:941-9. 2009..Moreover, Mn could inhibit expression of NMDA receptor subunits in neuron and expression of NR2A mRNA and protein were much more sensitive to Mn than those of NR1 and NR2B...
- Differential effects of chronic ethanol consumption and withdrawal on homer/glutamate receptor expression in subregions of the accumbens and amygdala of P ratsIlona Obara
Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1924-34. 2009....
- NMDA NR2A and NR2B receptors in the rostral anterior cingulate cortex contribute to pain-related aversion in male ratsTing Ting Li
Institute of Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Pain 146:183-93. 2009..study examined formalin nociceptive conditioning-induced changes in the expressions of NMDA receptor subunits NR1, NR2A, and NR2B in the rostral ACC (rACC) and its possible functional significance...
- Early modifications in N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit mRNA levels in an oxygen and glucose deprivation model using rat hippocampal brain slicesS Dos-Anjos
Area de Biología Celular, Instituto de Biomedicina, Universidad de Leon, 24071, Leon, Spain
Neuroscience 164:1119-26. 2009..Here we report short-term changes in the mRNA levels of the major hippocampal NMDAR subunits (NR1, NR2A and NR2B), as well as c-fos, in an ex vivo ischemia model using hippocampal slices...
- [Expression of NR2A in rat auditory cortex after sound insulation and auditory plasticity]Yin Xia
Department of Otolaryngology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, 100730, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:508-12. 2009To study the changes of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit 2A (NR2A) expression at local synapses in auditory cortices after early postnatal sound insulation and tone exposure.
- Agonist-specific gating of NMDA receptorsCassandra L Kussius
Department of Biochemistry, University at Buffalo, NY, USA
Channels (Austin) 4:78-82. 2010..We have recently applied this approach to NMDA receptors composed of GluN1 and GluN2A subunits...
- Effects of ammonia and allopurinol on rat hippocampal NMDA receptorsZafer Yonden
Department of Biochemistry, Mustafa Kemal University, Hatay, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 28:159-63. 2010..the effects of ammonia intoxication and allopurinol, a xanthine oxidase (XO) inhibitor, on NMDA receptor subunits, NR2A and NR2B, in the hippocampus of rats...
- Differential roles of NMDA Receptor Subtypes NR2A and NR2B in dendritic branch development and requirement of RasGRF1Fernando J Sepulveda
Dept of Physiopathology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Univ of Concepción, Concepcion, Chile
J Neurophysiol 103:1758-70. 2010..However, because NMDARs are abundantly present as tri-heteromers (e.g., NR1/NR2A/NR2B) during development, the precise role of the individual subunits NR2A and NR2B in these processes has not been ..
- Age and meloxicam attenuate the ischemia/reperfusion-induced down-regulation in the NMDA receptor genesSheyla Montori
Area de Biología Celular, Instituto de Biomedicina, Universidad de Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
Neurochem Int 56:878-85. 2010..Data show an ischemia/reperfusion-induced decrease in the mRNA levels of the NMDAR NR1, NR2A and NR2B subunits genes, which contrasts with the increase in the CD11b and GFAP mRNA levels...
- Cortical neurons from intrauterine growth retardation rats exhibit lower response to neurotrophin BDNFMidori Ninomiya
Laboratory of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Lett 476:104-9. 2010..Expression of glutamate receptors such as GluA1 and GluN2A was also suppressed in IUGR-rat cultures...
- Oligomerized Abeta25-35 induces increased tyrosine phosphorylation of NMDA receptor subunit 2A in rat hippocampal CA1 subfieldGui Mei Wu
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation, Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huaihai Road, Jiangsu 221002, China
Brain Res 1343:186-93. 2010..elucidate the mechanisms underlying the over-activation of NMDA receptors in AD, we investigated the alteration of NR2A tyrosine phosphorylation after intracerebroventricular infusion of Abeta25-35 oligomers...
- Neuroprotective effects of hydroxysafflor yellow A against excitotoxic neuronal death partially through down-regulation of NR2B-containing NMDA receptorsQ Yang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Neurochem Res 35:1353-60. 2010..up-regulation of NR2B-containing NMDA receptors by exposure to NMDA, while it did not affect the expression of NR2A-containing NMDA receptors...
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit- and neuronal-type dependence of excitotoxic signaling through post-synaptic density 95Jing Fan
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Neurochem 115:1045-56. 2010..Tat-NR2B9c, a membrane-permeant peptide that disrupts PSD-95/NMDAR binding, correlate with uncoupling NR2B- and/or NR2A-type NMDARs from PSD-95...
- Alterations of NMDA receptor subunits NR1, NR2A and NR2B mRNA expression and their relationship to apoptosis following transient forebrain ischemiaZhian Liu
Department of Anatomy, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Brain Res 1361:133-9. 2010..plays a key role in many aspects of ischemic brain injury, but the expression of NMDA receptor subunits NR1, NR2A and NR2B mRNA and their relationship to apoptosis is still unclear...
- Postnatal development of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunits 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, and 3B immunoreactivity in brain stem respiratory nuclei of the ratQ Liu
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuroscience 171:637-54. 2010..that other NR subunits also undergo postnatal changes, we undertook an in-depth immunohistochemical study of NR2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, and 3B in these four respiratory nuclei in P2-P21 rats, using the non-respiratory cuneate nucleus (CN) ..
- The role of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunits in the rat thalamic mediodorsal nucleus during central sensitizationMitsuhiro Kaneko
Pulp Biology and Endodontics, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res 1371:16-22. 2011..Gene expression analysis showed that expression levels of NMDA receptor subunits NR2A and NR2D mRNAs in the thalamus were increased by the mustard oil application and that the increases were reduced by ..
- NMDA receptor kinetic modeling and binding site mappingGabriela Popescu; Fiscal Year: 2003..of glutamate will be recorded in cell-attached patches from HEK 293 cells that express recombinantNR1/NR2A channels...
- SUB-UNITS OF NMDA RECEPTORS, PROCESS FOR PRODUCING THE SAME AND THEIR USEPatent Number: WO9323536-A1; Date:1993-11-25