Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gstp1
Description: glutathione S-transferase pi 1
Alias: GST-P, Gst3, Gstp, Gstp2, glutathione S-transferase P, GST 7-7, GST class-pi, Glutathione-S-transferase, placental enzyme pi type, chain 7, glutathione S-transferase, pi 2
Publications106 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of genetic polymorphisms at the glutathione S-transferase Pi locus and association with susceptibility to bladder, testicular and prostate cancerL W Harries
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Carcinogenesis 18:641-4. 1997Two variant glutathione S-transferase cDNAs have been described at the GSTP1 locus, which differ by a single base pair (A-G) substitution at nucleotide 313 of the GSTP1 cDNA...
- Polymorphism at the glutathione S-transferase GSTP1 locus. A new marker for bronchial hyperresponsiveness and asthmaA A Fryer
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Clinical Biochemistry Research Laboratory, Centre for Cell and Molecular Medicine, North Staffordshire Hospital, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:1437-42. 2000..We describe an association study designed to examine whether allelic variation at the glutathione-S-transferase GSTP1 locus influences expression of the BHR and atopy phenotypes in asthma...
- Liver disease in pediatric patients with cystic fibrosis is associated with glutathione S-transferase P1 polymorphismAlexandra Henrion-Caude
Department of Pediatrics and INSERM E0213, Hopital Armand Trousseau, Paris, France
Hepatology 36:913-7. 2002..contributes to the development of liver disease, we hypothesized that 2 members of the GST superfamily, GSTM1 and GSTP1, which are expressed in the biliary epithelium, could influence the hepatic status in patients with CF...
- Association study of Glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) with asthma and bronchial hyper-responsiveness in two German pediatric populationsRenate Nickel
Department of Pediatric Pneumonology and Immunology, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:539-41. 2005Glutathione S-Transferase P1 (GSTP1) is an important enzyme in the detoxification of products of oxidative stress...
- Glutathione S-transferases related to P. aeruginosa lung infection in cystic fibrosis children: preliminary studyMarie Noëlle Feuillet-Fieux
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Laboratory of Biochemistry A, 149 rue de Sevres, 75015 Paris, France
Clin Biochem 42:57-63. 2009..In cystic fibrosis (CF) children, we investigated the predictive impact of glutathione S-transferases (GST) activity and genotypes P1, M1 and T1, and antioxidant levels on stage-severity of Pseudomonas aeruginosa lung infection...
- Polymorphisms within glutathione S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1) and risk of relapse in childhood B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a case-control studyM Stanulla
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Blood 95:1222-8. 2000..In a case-control study, we investigated the association between polymorphisms within the GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 genes and risk of relapse in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). Cases were relapsed patients...
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in MS: their relationship to disabilityC L Mann
Department of Neurology, North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary, Stoke on Trent, England
Neurology 54:552-7. 2000..Certain GST loci are polymorphic, demonstrating alleles that are null (GSTM1/GSTT1), encode low activity variants (GSTP1), or are associated with variable inducibility (GSTM3).
- Genomic analysis of the rat lung following elemental mercury vapor exposureJie Liu
Inorganic Carcinogenesis Section, NCI at NIEHS, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 74:174-81. 2003..In summary, genomic analysis revealed an array of gene alterations in response to Hg0 vapor exposure, which could be important for the development of pulmonary adaptation to Hg during Hg0 vapor inhalation...
- Association of glutathione-S-transferase-P1 (GST-P1) polymorphisms with bronchopulmonary dysplasiaMartha H Manar
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Perinatol 24:30-5. 2004..We hypothesized that polymorphisms encoding for less efficient enzymes were associated with bronchopulmonary dysphasia (BPD)...
- Promoter methylation profiles of tumor suppressor genes in intrahepatic and extrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaBin Yang
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mod Pathol 18:412-20. 2005..have studied the methylation profiles of 12 candidate tumor suppressor genes (APC, E-cadherin/CDH1, MGMT, RASSF1A, GSTP, RAR-beta, p14ARF, p15INK4b, p16INK4a, p73, hMLH1 and DAPK) in 72 cases of cholangiocarcinoma, including equal ..
- Synergy among phytochemicals within crucifers: does it translate into chemoprotection?Matthew A Wallig
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
J Nutr 135:2972S-2977S. 2005..and biliary hyperplasia and evaluated for expression of the preneoplastic marker glutathione S-transferase-pi (GSTP). I3C and crambene groups were protected against AFB(1) toxicity whereas the low-dose group was not...
- Young patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma: study of the involvement of GSTP1 and deregulation of the Fanconi anemia genesSteve Tremblay
Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:958-66. 2006To investigate whether oral squamous cell carcinomas (OSCCs) from young (</=40 years) and older (>/=60 years) patients have differential expression levels of GSTP1, FANCA, FANCC, FANCD2, and FANCG.
- Response to chemotherapy and tandem autologous transplantation of multiple myeloma patients and GSTP1 and TYMS polymorphismsValentina Maggini
Department of Biology, Pisa University, Pisa, Italy
Leuk Res 32:49-53. 2008..with multiple myeloma in relation with the presence of polymorphisms in genes involved in drug metabolism (GSTP1) and DNA synthesis (TYMS). GSTP1 G313G genotype (OR=5.49; 95% CI, 1.3-22.5, p=0.02) and TYMS A227A genotype (OR=3...
- Genetic polymorphisms of GSTP1 and mEPHX correlate with oxidative stress markers and lung function in COPDArpana Vibhuti
Functional Genomics Unit, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, New Delhi, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:136-42. 2007..study of 202 COPD patients and 136 normals, we examined the association of polymorphisms I105V, A114V of GSTP1 and Y113H, H139R of mEPHX individually or in combination with disease and their contribution to oxidative stress ..
- Genetic polymorphisms associated with cigarette smoking and the risk of Graves' diseaseNatassia E Bufalo
Molecular Genetics of Cancer Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Science School FCM, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 68:982-7. 2008..In addition, as some of these genes are regulated by thyroid hormones, they may affect the patients' outcomes. We aimed to assess the influence of the GST, CYP and TP53 gene polymorphisms in the risk of Graves' disease and its outcome...
- Glutathione S-transferase P1 Ile105Val polymorphism is associated with haematological toxicity in elderly rectal cancer patients receiving preoperative chemoradiotherapyMarco Agostini
Clinica Chirurgica II, Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, Universita di Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, Padova, Italy
Drugs Aging 25:531-9. 2008..Increasing evidence suggests that common gene polymorphisms may influence the toxicity of various cytotoxic agents used in the treatment of cancer...
- Glutathione transferase P1: an endogenous inhibitor of allergic responses in a mouse model of asthmaJiansheng Zhou
Division of Molecular Bioscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:1202-10. 2008..studies have linked asthma susceptibility and severity to polymorphisms in human glutathione transferase Pi (GSTP) 1, there is no direct evidence for a functional involvement of GSTP1 in processes that are pathognomic of asthma.
- Common genotypic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases in mild and severe falciparum malaria in Tanzanian childrenReginald A Kavishe
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Trop Med Hyg 81:363-5. 2009..We studied the genotypic distribution of GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms between mild malaria (N = 107) and severe malarial anemia (N = 50) in Tanzanian children...
- Methionine restriction up-regulates the expression of the pi class of glutathione S-transferase partially via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase-activator protein-1 signaling pathway initiated by glutathione depletionChia Wen Tsai
Department of Nutrition, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:841-50. 2010..the mechanism by which methionine restriction affects the expression of the pi class of glutathione S-transferase (GSTP) is related to oxidative stress initiated by glutathione (GSH) depletion...
- Disruption of Smad-dependent signaling for growth of GST-P-positive lesions from the early stage in a rat two-stage hepatocarcinogenesis modelRyohei Ichimura
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3 5 8 Saiwai cho, Fuchu shi, Tokyo 183 8509, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 246:128-40. 2010....
- Proteomic analysis of clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Identification of potential tumor markersChuan Y Sun
Department of Urology, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Jiangsu Province, China
Saudi Med J 31:525-32. 2010..To identify new tumor specific proteins of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) using proteomic analysis...
- Relationship between glutathione S-transferase P1 polymorphisms and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a Tunisian populationR Lakhdar
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Faculty of Pharmacy, Monastir, Tunisia
Genet Mol Res 9:897-907. 2010..The glutathione S-transferase P1 gene (GSTP1) was proposed to be involved in susceptibility to develop COPD...
- Association of the GSTP1 gene (Ile105Val) polymorphism with chronic myeloid leukemiaKagita Sailaja
Department of Genetics, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 11:461-4. 2010The GSTP1 enzyme plays a key role in biotransformation and bioactivation of certain environmental pollutants such as benzo[a]pyrene-7, 8-diol-9,10-epoxide (BPDE) and other diol epoxides of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons...
- Changes in tear protein profile in patients with conjunctivochalasisArantxa Acera
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Basque Country, Spain
Cornea 30:42-9. 2011..To compare the protein profiles of tears from normal volunteers and patients with conjunctivochalasis (CCH), with a view to identifying proteins whose expression is altered in this pathology...
- Glutathione-S-transferase P1 is a critical regulator of Cdk5 kinase activityKai Hui Sun
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Neurochem 118:902-14. 2011..This study identified glutathione-S-transferase pi 1 (GSTP1) as a novel Cdk5 regulatory protein...
- Possible involvement of genotoxic mechanisms in estragole-induced hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsYuta Suzuki
Division of Pathology, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Arch Toxicol 86:1593-601. 2012..These results indicate that ES could be a possible genotoxic hepatocarcinogen in the rat, at least when given at high doses...
- Protective effect of Jasonia montana against ethinylestradiol-induced cholestasis in ratsMohammed A Hussein
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, October 6th University, Cairo, Egypt
Saudi Pharm J 18:27-33. 2010..montana extract may effectively normalize the impaired antioxidant status in ethinylestradiol (EE)-cholestatic model. Thus the extract may have a therapeutic value in drug-induced biliary cholestasis as well as in hormonal therapy. ..
- The GSTP1 A1578G polymorphism and the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results from an updated meta-analysisG Z Huang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
Genet Mol Res 12:2481-91. 2013Studies investigating the association between the glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1) A1578G polymorphism and the risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) report conflicting results...
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and preneoplastic lesions develop in the liver of obese and hypertensive rats: suppressing effects of EGCG on the development of liver lesionsTakahiro Kochi
Department of Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Cancer Lett 342:60-9. 2014..EGCG might also be able to prevent NASH-related liver fibrosis and tumorigenesis. ..
- Polymorphism in Cytochrome P450 2D6, Glutathione S-Transferases Pi 1 Genes, and Organochlorine Pesticides in Alzheimer Disease: A Case-Control Study in North Indian PopulationNeeraj Kumar Singh
Department of Neurochemistry, Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences, Dilshad Garden, Delhi, India
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 27:119-27. 2014..The aim of the study was to examine the genetic polymorphism in cytochrome P450 2D6 (CYP2D6) and glutathione S-transferases pi 1 (GSTP1) with respect to organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) and metals in AD.
- Polymorphisms in the glutathione pathway modulate cystic fibrosis severity: a cross-sectional studyFernando Augusto de Lima Marson
Center for Investigation in Pediatrics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Campinas, Tessalia Vieira de Camargo, 126, Cidade Universitaria Zeferino Vaz, CEP 13083 887 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Med Genet 15:27. 2014..This study verified whether polymorphisms in modifier genes associated with glutathione (GSH) metabolism influence CF severity...
- Induction of the pi class of glutathione S-transferase by carnosic acid in rat Clone 9 cells via the p38/Nrf2 pathwayChia Yuan Lin
Department of Nutrition, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Food Funct 6:1936-43. 2015..We compared the effect of rosemary diterpenes on the expression of the pi class of glutathione S-transferase (GSTP) in rat liver Clone 9 cells and the signaling pathways involved...
- Candidate genetic modifiers of individual susceptibility to renal cell carcinoma: a study of polymorphic human xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymesS Longuemaux
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U458, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Cancer Res 59:2903-8. 1999..and CYP2D6), one NAD[P]H:quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1), three glutathione S-transferases (GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1), and one N-acetyltransferase (NAT2) loci...
- Reoxygenation-specific activation of the antioxidant transcription factor Nrf2 mediates cytoprotective gene expression in ischemia-reperfusion injuryMartin O Leonard
School of Medicine and Medical Sciences, The Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
FASEB J 20:2624-6. 2006..genes including aldehyde dehydrogenases (ALDH1A1 and ALDH1A7), glutathione S-transferases (GSTM5, GSTA2 and GSTP1), and NAD(P)H quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1)...
- Correlation study on expression of GST-π protein in brain tissue and peripheral blood of epilepsy rats induced by pilocarpineXuejun Deng
Department of Neurology, Huazhong Science and Technology University, Wuhan, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 31:701-4. 2011..Importantly, the GST-π over-expression in peripheral blood could be used as a marker for resistance to anti-epileptic agents...
- Polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferases are associated with altered risk of nonmelanoma skin cancer in renal transplant recipients: a preliminary analysisH M Ramsay
Department of Dermatology, North Staffordshire Hospital, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
J Invest Dermatol 117:251-5. 2001..supergene family is associated with altered NMSC risk in nontransplant patients, we examined allelism in GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTM3, and GSTT1 in 183 renal transplant recipients...
- Genetic determinants in the metabolism of bladder carcinogens in relation to risk of bladder cancerJian Min Yuan
The Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:1386-93. 2008..The associations between the genotypes of glutathione S-transferase (GST) M1, GSTP1, GSTT1 and N-acetyltransferase (NAT) 1 and the phenotypes of NAT2 and cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A2 and bladder cancer ..
- [Clinical consideration with special reference to autopsy cases of malignant tumor in the oral cavity, treated with Bleomycin (author's transl)]S Tanaka
Hiroshima Daigaku Shigaku Zasshi 8:168-75. 1975
- Induction of glutathione S-transferase P-form in primary cultured rat hepatocytes by epidermal growth factor and insulinI Hatayama
Second Department of Biochemistry, Hirosaki University School of Medicine
Jpn J Cancer Res 82:807-14. 1991..These results suggest that the enhanced expression of GST-P induced by EGF or insulin in primary cultured rat hepatocytes might be regulated by JUN and FOS proteins...
- The enhancing effect of ethanol on the development of glutatione S-transferase placental form-positive foci induced by diethylnitrosamine in F344 ratK J Cho
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Korea Cancer Center Hospital
J Korean Med Sci 5:13-7. 1990..As a result, ethanol significantly enhanced the development of GST-P+ foci. Unfortunately, the porcine serum injection produced no hepatic fibrosis and no significant alteration in GST-P+ foci...
- Multiple regulatory elements and phorbol 12-O-tetradecanoate 13-acetate responsiveness of the rat placental glutathione transferase geneM Sakai
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:9456-60. 1988..The results are discussed in terms of the specific derepression of GST-P gene during hepatocarcinogenesis in the rat...
- Purification and characterization of P-52 (glutathione S-transferase-P or 7-7) from normal liver and putative preneoplastic liver nodulesT H Rushmore
Department of Pathology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 48:2805-12. 1988..Antibodies to P-52 are proving to be useful as a marker of new cell populations that appear regularly during hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Characterization of glutathione S-transferases in rat kidney. Alteration of composition by cis-platinumG M Trakshel
Department of Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642
Biochem J 252:127-36. 1988..The increase in the Mu class of GSTs could potentially stem from a lowered serum concentration of testosterone; the latter is a known effect of cis-platinum treatment...
- Immunohistochemical investigation of hepatocellular pi class glutathione S-transferase in normal and regenerating rat liverM Mori
First Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Ika Daigaku Zasshi 62:447-55. 1995..These observations are the first reported morphological confirmation of induced GST-pi in regenerating liver...
- Suppressive effect of oestradiol on chemical hepatocarcinogenesis in ratsI Shimizu
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokushima University School of Medicine, Japan
Gut 42:112-9. 1998..To examine the effects of oestradiol and testosterone on the early carcinogenic changes expressed in rat liver from the diethylnitrosamine (DEN), 2-acetylaminofluorene (AAF), partial hepatectomy (PH) model of hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Parkinson's disease, pesticides, and glutathione transferase polymorphismsA Menegon
Department of Pharmacology, University of Sydney, Canberra Clinical School, The Canberra Hospital, Australia
Lancet 352:1344-6. 1998..Glutathione transferases (GST) metabolise xenobiotics, including pesticides. Therefore, we investigated the role of GST polymorphisms in the pathogenesis of idiopathic Parkinson's disease...
- Vitamin C and aloe vera supplementation protects from chemical hepatocarcinogenesis in the ratN A Shamaan
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Nutrition 14:846-52. 1998..determined by measuring gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) and the placental form of glutathione S-transferase (GSTP) histochemically in situ and in plasma and liver fractions...
- Normal bronchial epithelial cell expression of glutathione transferase P1, glutathione transferase M3, and glutathione peroxidase is low in subjects with bronchogenic carcinomaE L Crawford
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699 0008, USA
Cancer Res 60:1609-18. 2000..0, 6.11), GSTM3 (0.29, 0.09), combined GSTM1,2,4,5 (0.98, 0.60), GSTT1 (0.84, 0.76), GSTP1 (287, 110), GSHPx (140, 62.1), and GSHPxA (0.43, 0.34)...
- Regulation of glutathione S-transferase enzymes in primary cultures of rat hepatocytes maintained under various matrix configurationsE L LeCluyse
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, Center for Environmental and Occupational Health, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Toxicol In Vitro 14:101-15. 2000..Moreover, the matrix and medium conditions influence both the basal and inducible expression of GST subunits in cultured rat hepatocytes...
- Polymorphisms at the glutathione S-transferase, GSTP1 locus: a novel mechanism for susceptibility and development of atopic airway inflammationM A Spiteri
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Allergy 55:15-20. 2000..Our case-control studies show that polymorphisms at the glutathione S-transferase, GSTP1, locus on chromosome 11q13 may account for variation in host response to oxidative stress, a key component of ..
- Characterization of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal metabolism in stellate cell lines derived from normal and cirrhotic rat liverJ F Reichard
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1487:222-32. 2000..S-transferase (GST) was similar in both cell lines, though differential cell specific expressions of GST isoforms GSTP1-1 and GSTA4-4 were observed...
- Reduction of hepatocarcinogenesis by ursodeoxycholic acid in ratsKenji Oyama
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago 683 8504, Japan
Carcinogenesis 23:885-92. 2002..The data of the present study suggest that UDCA treatment reduces hepatocarcinogenesis via inducing apoptosis of 'initiated hepatocytes' as well as inhibiting proliferation...
- Identification of glutathione S-transferase (GST) polymorphisms in brain tumors and association with susceptibility to pediatric astrocytomasRona Ezer
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
J Neurooncol 59:123-34. 2002..197 astrocytic and 197 non-astrocytic tumors) to determine the frequency of polymorphisms in the GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 genes compared to a healthy control population...
- Glutathione-S-transferase variants and adult gliomaMargaret Wrensch
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:461-7. 2004..Conflicting findings have been reported for associations of primary brain tumors and constitutive polymorphisms in glutathione-S-transferases (GSTs)...
- Effect of thiabendazole on some rat hepatic xenobiotic metabolising enzymesRoger J Price
BIBRA International Ltd, Carshalton, Surrey, UK
Food Chem Toxicol 42:899-908. 2004..In addition, TB and BHT markedly induced GSTP1 mRNA levels, but had only a small effect on GSTT1 mRNA levels...
- Maternal glutathione S-transferase GSTP1 genotype is a specific predictor of phenotype in children with asthmaW D Carroll
Academic Department of Paediatrics, The University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:32-9. 2005..We report the association of maternal, paternal and proband GSTP1 genotype with lung function in 145 Caucasian children with asthma...
- Glutathione S-transferase P1 *C allelic variant increases susceptibility for late-onset Alzheimer disease: association study and relationship with apolipoprotein E epsilon4 alleleSergio Bernardini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Clin Chem 51:944-51. 2005..isoenzymes that appear to be critical in protection against oxidative stress, we aimed at determining the various GSTP1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 polymorphisms and ApoE genotypes to investigate their role as susceptibility genes for late-..
- Sulfur amino acid restriction induces the pi class of glutathione S-transferase expression in primary rat hepatocytesChia Wen Tsai
Department of Nutrition, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Nutr 135:1034-9. 2005..In conclusion, hepatic GST Yp gene expression is upregulated by a limited availability of sulfur amino acids...
- Induction and expression of GST-Pi foci in the liver of Cyclophosphamide-administered ratsArikketh Devi
Unit of Biochemistry, Department of Zoology, University of Madras, Life Sciences Building, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamil Nadu, India
Toxicology 217:120-8. 2006..We also advocate that epigenetic mechanism could be accounted for the GST-Pi induction in the hepatocytes of CY-treated rats...
- Association analysis of drug metabolizing enzyme gene polymorphisms in AIDS patients with cutaneous reactions to sulfonamidesPierre Wolkenstein
J Invest Dermatol 125:1080-2. 2005
- CCAAT enhancer-binding protein alpha suppresses the rat placental glutathione S-transferase gene in normal liverHiromi Ikeda
Departments of Biochemistry and Ophthalmology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15, W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:6734-41. 2006..These results indicate that C/EBPalpha is a negative regulator of GST-P gene expression in normal liver...
- DNA methylation of multiple tumor-related genes in association with overexpression of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) during multistage carcinogenesis of the pancreasDun Fa Peng
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Carcinogenesis 27:1160-8. 2006..PCR (MSP) to evaluate the DNA methylation status of the p14, p15, p16, p73, APC, hMLH1, MGMT, BRCA1, GSTP1, TIMP-3, CDH1 and DAPK-1 genes...
- Modulation of MDR-1 gene by MIF and GSTpi with drug resistance generation in hormone independent prostate cancerD S Yu
Uro Oncology Laboratory, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Arch Androl 52:283-91. 2006..The upregulation of MIF and GSTpi during the development of acquired drug resistance of hormone independent prostate cancer may simultaneously and partially modulate the activation of gp-170...
- Decreased expression of antioxidant enzymes and increased expression of chemokines in COPD lungMasafumi Tomaki
Division of Respiratory and Infectious Diseases, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 20:596-605. 2007..Among the 42 studied candidate genes, the expressions of mRNA for catalase, glutathion S-transferase P1 (GSTP1), glutathion S-transferase M1 (GSTM1), microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEPHX) and tissue inhibitor of ..
- Effects of arsenic exposure and genetic polymorphisms of p53, glutathione S-transferase M1, T1, and P1 on the risk of carotid atherosclerosis in TaiwanYuan Hung Wang
School of Public Health, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 192:305-12. 2007..The high-arsenic exposure group with GSTP1 variant genotypes of Ile/Val and Val/Val, and with the p53 variant genotypes of Arg/Pro and Pro/Pro had 6.0- and 3...
- Genetic polymorphism of metabolic enzymes modifies the risk of chronic solvent-induced encephalopathySanja Kezic
Coronel Institute, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Toxicol Ind Health 22:281-9. 2006..Polymorphisms in the genes encoding CYP1A1, CYP2E1, EPHX1, GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 enzymes were determined in a group of male CSE patients (N=97) and controls (N=214)...
- Analysis of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid proteome from systemic sclerosis patients with or without functional, clinical and radiological signs of lung fibrosisAm Fietta
Department of Haematological, Pneumological and Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Pavia, Via Taramelli 5, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R160. 2006..Whereas levels of glutathione S-transferase P (GSTP), Cu-Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD) and cystatin SN were downregulated in SScFib+ patients compared with SScFib- ..
- Prostate cancer risk from occupational exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons interacting with the GSTP1 Ile105Val polymorphismBenjamin A Rybicki
Department of Biostatistics and Research Epidemiology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 30:412-22. 2006Variation in the glutathione S-transferase (GSTP1) gene and occupational polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) exposure are putative prostate cancer risk factors...
- Association of A313 G polymorphism (GSTP1*B) in the glutathione-S-transferase P1 gene with sporadic Parkinson's diseaseR Vilar
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Eur J Neurol 14:156-61. 2007..between CYP2D6 genotype and PD, but subjects with extensive metabolizer (EM) CYP2D6 phenotype, and the variant GSTP1*B genotype were at significantly higher PD risk than the corresponding poor or intermediary metabolizers (CYP2D6 ..
- Polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase genes and functional activity in smokers with or without COPDM Chan-Yeung
Respiratory Division, Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 11:508-14. 2007..To determine the role of polymorphisms of genes regulating glutathione S-transferase (GST) and its plasma GST activity in the pathogenesis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Placental glutathione S-transferase correlates with cellular proliferation during rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxideRenata N Silva
Department of Pathology, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Exp Toxicol Pathol 59:61-8. 2007..These results suggest that the expression of GST-P is correlated with cellular proliferation, in which GST-P is associated with risk and progression of oral cancer, whereas PCNA is closely involved during neoplastic conversion...
- Intracellular translocation of glutathione S-transferase pi during oligodendrocyte differentiation in adult rat cerebral cortex in vivoY Tamura
Department of Anatomy and Cell Science, KMU 21C COE Project, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Neuroscience 148:535-40. 2007..These findings indicate translocation of GST-pi from the nucleus to the cytoplasm during oligodendrocyte maturation...
- Expression of placental glutathione S-transferase in rat tongue mucosa exposed to cigarette smokeDaniel A Ribeiro
Department of Health Sciences, Federal University of Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Av Ana Costa 95, Santos, SP, 11060 001, Brazil
J Mol Histol 39:115-9. 2008..These data indicate that expression of GST-P may reflect the carcinogenic effect of cigarette smoke as well as the genetic susceptibility of animals in relation to continuous carcinogens exposure...
- Glutathione S-transferase P1 and T1 gene polymorphisms predict longitudinal course and age at onset of Alzheimer diseaseGianfranco Spalletta
Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:879-87. 2007..Therefore, the authors studied the effect of glutathione S-transferase (GST) P1-M1-T1 gene polymorphisms and their interactions with the apolipoprotein E (ApoE) epsilon4 allelic variant on the three-year longitudinal course of AD...
- Glutathione S-transferase genotype increases risk of progression from bronchial hyperresponsiveness to asthma in adultsM Imboden
IInstitutes of Social and Preventive Medicine and Surgical Pathology, Cancer Registry Molecular Epidemiology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Thorax 63:322-8. 2008..Bronchial hyperresponsiveness (BHR) and variation in glutathione S-transferase (GST) genes have been associated with asthma risk. The relationship of these two risk factors with adult onset asthma in the general population was investigated...
- Development of glutathione S-transferase-P-negative foci accompanying nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 expression during early stage of rat hepatocarcinogenesisYang Fan
Department of Biochemistry and Genome Biology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:497-501. 2008..These results showed development of GST-P-negative foci during the early stage of hepatocarcinogenesis and suggested that Nrf2 is not responsible for GST-P expression in rat hepatic preneoplastic foci...
- A comprehensive analysis of phase I and phase II metabolism gene polymorphisms and risk of non-small cell lung cancer in smokersShanbeh Zienolddiny
Section of Toxicology, Department of Biological and Chemical Work Environment, National Institute of Occupational Health N 0033, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 29:1164-9. 2008..significant associations with multiple SNPs in the phase II genes ALDH2, COMT, EPHX1, SOD2, NAT1, NAT2, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT2 and MPO were also found...
- [Identification of tumor-associated proteins in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma by proteomics]Jian Rong Zhou
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 42:934-8. 2007..To establish two-dimensional electrophoresis profiles from human laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma tissue and paired normal tumor-adjacent mucosa epithelia tissue, and to identify differential expression proteins...
- Coordinated nuclear receptor regulation of the efflux transporter, Mrp2, and the phase-II metabolizing enzyme, GSTpi, at the blood-brain barrierBjorn Bauer
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1222-34. 2008..These findings indicate that, as in hepatocytes, brain capillaries possess a regulatory network consisting of nuclear receptors, metabolizing enzymes, and efflux transporters, which modulate blood-brain barrier function...
- Influence of genetic factors on toluene diisocyanate-related symptoms: evidence from a cross-sectional studyKarin Broberg
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Lund University, Sweden
Environ Health 7:15. 2008..g., polyurethane foams and paints. TDI is known to cause respiratory symptoms and diseases. Because TDI causes symptoms in only a fraction of exposed workers, genetic factors may play a key role in disease susceptibility...
- Interactions between glutathione S-transferase P1, tumor necrosis factor, and traffic-related air pollution for development of childhood allergic diseaseErik Melen
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Environ Health Perspect 116:1077-84. 2008..Air pollutants may induce airway inflammation and sensitization due to generation of reactive oxygen species. The genetic background to these mechanisms could be important effect modifiers...
- Recombinant protein glutathione S-transferases P1 attenuates inflammation in miceLan Luo
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Mol Immunol 46:848-57. 2009We have reported that intracellular glutathione S-transferases P1 (GSTP1) suppresses LPS (lipopolysaccharide)-induced excessive production of pro-inflammatory factors by inhibiting LPS-stimulated MAPKs (mitogen-activated protein kinases) ..
- Relationship between GSTP1 Ile(105)Val polymorphism and docetaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy: clinical evidence of a role of oxidative stress in taxane toxicityO Mir
Department of Medical Oncology, Teaching Hospital Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Oncol 20:736-40. 2009....
- In utero smoke exposure, glutathione S-transferase P1 haplotypes, and respiratory illness-related absence among schoolchildrenMade Wenten
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Pediatrics 123:1344-51. 2009The GSTP1 Ile105Val variant and secondhand tobacco smoke exposure have been independently associated with acute respiratory illness; however, susceptibility to in utero and secondhand tobacco smoke has yet to be examined in relation to ..
- Promoter methylation of glutathione S-transferase pi1 and multidrug resistance gene 1 in bronchioloalveolar carcinoma and its correlation with DNA methyltransferase 1 expressionPeng Gao
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan, People s Republic of China
Cancer 115:3222-32. 2009The presence of glutathione S-transferase (GST) pi1 (GSTP1) or multidrug resistance gene 1 (MDR1) promoter methylation in lung cancer was studied for the first time to the authors' knowledge; and, to date, the clinical significance of ..
- Suppressive effect of sulindac on branch duct-intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasmsTsuyoshi Hayashi
Fourth Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 44:964-75. 2009..Clinical trials of chemoprevention have been conducted for a wide variety of malignancies...
- The association between glutathione S-transferase gene polymorphisms and pancreatic cancer in a central European Slavonic populationD Vrana
Toxicogenomics Unit, National Institute of Public Health, Prague 10, 100 42, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 680:78-81. 2009..study on pancreatic cancer conducted on 253 cases and 403 controls in the Czech Republic we observed that the GSTP1-codon 105 Val variant allele and the GSTT1-null genotype were associated with an elevated risk for pancreatic ..
- Acute effects of microcystins on the transcription of 14 glutathione S-transferase isoforms in Wistar ratGuangyu Li
Donghu Experimental Station of Lake Ecosystems, State Key Laboratory for Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology of China, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Environ Toxicol 26:187-94. 2011..It is suggested that the transcription of GST isoforms varied in different ways within an organ and between organs of Wistar rat exposed to MCs...
- Interaction between early maternal smoking and variants in TNF and GSTP1 in childhood wheezingS Panasevich
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 40:458-67. 2010..Children exposed to tobacco smoke early in life have a higher risk of wheeze. Individual susceptibility may depend on genetic factors...
- Association of COPD candidate genes with computed tomography emphysema and airway phenotypes in severe COPDW J Kim
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, 02115 USA
Eur Respir J 37:39-43. 2011..Three SNPs in EPHX1, five SNPs in SERPINE2 and one SNP in GSTP1 were significantly associated with LAA950...
- GSTM1, GSTP1, and NQO1 polymorphisms and susceptibility to atopy and airway hyperresponsiveness among South African schoolchildrenPoovendhree Reddy
Department of Community Health Studies, Durban University of Technology, Durban, South Africa
Lung 188:409-14. 2010Glutathione-S-transferases (GSTM1 and GSTP1) and nicotinamide quinone oxidoreductase (NQO1) genes play an important role in cellular protection against oxidative stress which has been linked to asthma pathogenesis...
- GSTM1, GSTP1, prenatal smoke exposure, and atopic dermatitisI Jen Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Hospital Department of Health, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 105:124-9. 2010..The increase in the prevalence of atopic dermatitis (AD) is likely to involve changes in specific environmental exposures among genetically susceptible individuals...
- Association of glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1, T1 and P1) gene polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes mellitus in north Indian populationH K Bid
Molecular and Human Genetics Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Lucknow, Lucknow, India
J Postgrad Med 56:176-81. 2010..In humans, the glutathione S-transferase (GST) family comprises several classes of GST isozymes, the polymorphic variants of GSTM1, T1 and P1 genes result in decreased or loss of enzyme activity...
- The role of GSTP1 polymorphisms and tobacco smoke exposure in children with acute asthmaEn Nee Schultz
School of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
J Asthma 47:1049-56. 2010..Genetic variation in GST genes may influence individuals' ability to detoxify environmental pollutants...
- Proteomic analysis of psoriatic skin tissue for identification of differentially expressed proteins: up-regulation of GSTP1, SFN and PRDX2 in psoriatic skinJoohyun Ryu
Medical Proteomics Research Center, KRIBB, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Int J Mol Med 28:785-92. 2011..Of particular interest, increased expression of glutathione S transferase 1 (GSTP1) and peroxiredoxin 2 (PRDX2), which are involved in the Redox balance system, and SFN, which is involved in the ..
- Cloning and the nucleotide sequence of rat glutathione S-transferase P cDNAY Suguoka
Nucleic Acids Res 13:6049-57. 1985..The very large increase of this mRNA in chemically induced hepatocellular carcinoma suggests a characteristic derepression of this gene during hepatocarcinogenesis...
- The structure of the rat glutathione S-transferase P gene and related pseudogenesA Okuda
J Biol Chem 262:3858-63. 1987..We have also isolated several processed-type pseudogenes which were presumably originated by reverse transcription followed by insertion at target sites...
- Identification of three classes of cytosolic glutathione transferase common to several mammalian species: correlation between structural data and enzymatic propertiesB Mannervik
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:7202-6. 1985..It is suggested that the similarities of the isoenzymes in a class reflect evolutionary relationships and that the classification applies generally...
- Mapping of glutathione transferase (GST) genes in the ratK Klinga-Levan
Department of Genetics, Gothenburg University, Sweden
Hereditas 119:285-96. 1993..the mapping to rat chromosome 2 of a previously unmapped GST gene (Gstm1), and with the regional mapping of seven Gstp genes. These mappings provide further evidence for conservation of syntenic gene relationships among mammals...
- Messenger RNA profiles in liver injury and stress: a comparison of lethal and nonlethal rat modelsNiels Tygstrup
Liver Unit, Laboratory of Hepatology, Rigshospitalet 2151, 9 Blegdamsvej, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:518-25. 2002..Simultaneously, the processes required for the integrity of its own structure and function are maintained as a result of regulated expression of the genes that produce the proteins needed to perform both set of functions...
- DIETARY FACTORS IN THE ETIOLOGY OF CANCER IN SHANGHAIJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2006..In all instances of diet-cancer investigations, relevant genes with potential modifying effects on the respective diet-cancer associations will be included in the investigations. ..
- Dietary Factors in the Etiology of Colorectal CancerJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The potential modifying effects of HAA activating genes and tea polyphenols on the HAA-colorectal cancer association will be explored. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THE SINGAPORE COHORT STUDY OF DIET AND CANCERJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Admixture Mapping of Sarcoidosis Genes in African AmericanBenjamin Rybicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our proposed study has the potential to uncover genes of modest effect not easily detectable by linkage and may in some instances actually be more statistically powerful than traditional case-control association methods. ..