Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdpn
Alias: E11, Gp38, OTS-8, RTI40, T1-alpha, podoplanin, E11 antigen epitope, RTI140, T1A, epithelial cell surface transmembrane protein antigen, glycoprotein 38, pulmonary type I alveolar epithelial cell transmembrane differentiation marker, type I cell 40 kDa protein
- Methylglyoxal Induced Basophilic Spindle Cells with Podoplanin at the Surface of Peritoneum in Rat Peritoneal Dialysis ModelIchiro Hirahara
Department of Nephrology, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Biomed Res Int 2015:289751. 2015..In rats treated with MGO, peritoneal fibrous thickening with the appearance of basophilic spindle cells with podoplanin, cytokeratin, and α-smooth muscle actin at the surface of the peritoneum was observed...
- Up-regulation of the lymphatic marker podoplanin, a mucin-type transmembrane glycoprotein, in human squamous cell carcinomas and germ cell tumorsVivien Schacht
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Pathol 166:913-21. 2005The mucin-type glycoprotein podoplanin is specifically expressed by lymphatic but not blood vascular endothelial cells in culture and in tumor-associated lymphangiogenesis, and podoplanin deficiency results in congenital lymphedema and ..
- Effect of insulin-like growth factors on lung development in a nitrofen-induced CDH rat modelGenshiro Esumi
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 27:187-92. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of IGF-1 and IGF-2 on tissue cultures of fetal hypoplastic lungs obtained from nitrofen-induced CDH model rats...
- Selective loss of podoplanin protein expression accompanies proteinuria and precedes alterations in podocyte morphology in a spontaneous proteinuric rat modelKlaas Koop
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Building 1, L1 Q, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 173:315-26. 2008..expression and distribution of the podocyte proteins was similar between the two strains, except for the protein podoplanin. At 4 weeks, podoplanin began decreasing in the glomeruli of Dahl SS rats in a focal and segmental fashion...
- Intratumoral lymphatics and lymphatic invasion are associated with tumor aggressiveness and poor prognosis in renal cell carcinomaAkio Horiguchi
Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa City, Saitama, Japan
Urology 71:928-32. 2008..Because lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic invasion are key steps to nodal involvement in various types of cancer, we examined the clinicopathologic significance of lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic invasion in renal cell carcinoma...
- Glomerular hypertrophy precedes albuminuria and segmental loss of podoplanin in podocytes in Munich-Wistar-Frömter ratsD H T Ijpelaar
Leiden Univ Medical Center, Dept of Pathology Bldg 1, L1Q, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F758-67. 2008..Albuminuria developed starting at 6 wk of age and coincided with focal and segmental loss of podoplanin, increased expression of desmin, entrapment of albumin in affected podocytes, and focal and segmental foot ..
- Detection of lymphovascular invasion in early breast cancer by D2-40 (podoplanin): a clinically useful predictor for axillary lymph node metastasesMichael Braun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 112:503-11. 2008..LVI is associated with axillary lymph node metastases (ALNM) and a long-term prognostic factor. A precise identification of LVI would have a strong clinical impact for breast cancer patients...
- Diffuse membranous immunoreactivity for podoplanin (D2-40) distinguishes primary and metastatic seminomas from other germ cell tumors and metastatic neoplasmsHongbo Yu
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 128:767-75. 2007b>Podoplanin has been shown to be expressed in primary germ cell tumors (GCTs), with conflicting results regarding its specificity...
- Inhibition of tumor cell-induced platelet aggregation using a novel anti-podoplanin antibody reacting with its platelet-aggregation-stimulating domainYukinari Kato
Research Center for Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Open Space Laboratory C 2, 1 1 1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8568, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:1301-7. 2006The mucin-type sialoglycoprotein, podoplanin (aggrus), is a platelet-aggregating factor on cancer cells. We previously described up-regulated expression of podoplanin in malignant astrocytic tumors including glioblastoma...
- Identity of M2A (D2-40) antigen and gp36 (Aggrus, T1A-2, podoplanin) in human developing testis, testicular carcinoma in situ and germ-cell tumoursSi Brask Sonne
University Department of Growth and Reproduction, Section GR 5064, Rigshospitalet, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Virchows Arch 449:200-6. 2006..PDPN encodes podoplanin (Aggrus, human gp36, T1A-2), a transmembrane glycoprotein expressed in lymphatic endothelium and various solid ..
- Podoplanin expression in primary central nervous system germ cell tumors: a useful histological marker for the diagnosis of germinomaKazuhiko Mishima
Department of Neurosurgery, Saitama Medical School, 38 Morohongo, Moroyama machi, Iruma gun, 350 0495, Saitama, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 111:563-8. 2006b>Podoplanin, a mucin-like transmembrane sialoglycoprotein, promotes platelet aggregation and may be involved in cancer cell migration, invasion, metastasis, and malignant progression...
- Low podoplanin expression in pretreatment biopsy material predicts poor prognosis in advanced-stage squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix treated by primary radiationKimberly L Dumoff
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mod Pathol 19:708-16. 2006..We have recently found that low podoplanin immunoreactivity in cervix carcinoma correlated with the presence of lymphatic invasion and nodal metastasis...
- Coexpression of RTI40 with alveolar epithelial type II cell proteins in lungs following injury: identification of alveolar intermediate cell typesGareth R Clegg
Edinburgh Medical Research Council Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L382-90. 2005..These data also suggest that the coexpression of RTI(40) with ATII cell proteins may be used to identify and investigate ATII cell transdifferentiation to ATI cells following injury...
- Cloning, characterization, and development expression of a rat lung alveolar type I cell gene in embryonic endodermal and neural derivativesA K Rishi
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118
Dev Biol 167:294-306. 1995We report here the identification and characterization of a novel gene, T1 alpha, expressed in high abundance in adult rat lung, fetal lung, and early fetal brain...
- Molecular identification of Aggrus/T1alpha as a platelet aggregation-inducing factor expressed in colorectal tumorsYukinari Kato
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:51599-605. 2003..These results suggest that Aggrus/T1alpha is a newly identified, platelet aggregation-inducing factor expressed in colorectal tumors...
- Protein nitration in rat lungs during hyperoxia exposure: a possible role of myeloperoxidaseTelugu A Narasaraju
Department of Physiological Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 285:L1037-45. 2003..These studies suggest that protein nitration during hyperoxia may be mediated in part by MPO generated from activated phagocytic cells, and such protein modifications may contribute to hyperoxia-mediated lung injury...
- Lymphatic microvessels in the rat remnant kidney model of renal fibrosis: aminopeptidase p and podoplanin are discriminatory markers for endothelial cells of blood and lymphatic vesselsKatsuyuki Matsui
Institute of Clinical Pathology, University of Vienna, Allgemeines Krankenhaus, Vienna, Austria
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:1981-9. 2003..e., the membrane mucoprotein podoplanin with specificity for lymphatic endothelia, and the glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored membrane enzyme ..
- T1alpha/podoplanin deficiency disrupts normal lymphatic vasculature formation and causes lymphedemaVivien Schacht
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
EMBO J 22:3546-56. 2003Within the vascular system, the mucin-type transmembrane glycoprotein T1alpha/podoplanin is predominantly expressed by lymphatic endothelium, and recent studies have shown that it is regulated by the lymphatic-specific homeobox gene Prox1...
- Effects of oligohydramnios on lung growth and maturation in the fetal ratJoseph A Kitterman
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L431-9. 2002..01). We conclude that OH, which retards lung growth, has little effect on surfactant and impedes formation of type I cells relative to type II cells...
- Low tidal volume reduces epithelial and endothelial injury in acid-injured rat lungsJames A Frank
Cardiovascular Research Institute and the Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0130, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 165:242-9. 2002..Plasma RTI40, a marker of type I epithelial cell injury, decreased 46% when tidal volume was reduced from 12 to 6 ml/kg and ..
- Purification and analysis of RTI40, a type I alveolar epithelial cell apical membrane proteinR F Gonzalez
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1429:208-16. 1998b>RTI40 is a 40-42 kDa protein that, within the lung, is specific to the apical plasma membrane of the rat alveolar type I cell. Type I cells cover greater than 95% of the internal surface area of the lung...
- Characterization of the gene and promoter for RTI40, a differentiation marker of type I alveolar epithelial cellsJ N Vanderbilt
Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 19:662-71. 1998..the differentiated state of the alveolar epithelium, we have analyzed the gene for rat type I cell 40 kD protein (RTI40), an apical integral plasma membrane protein expressed in type I but not type II alveolar epithelial cells...
- Podoplanin, novel 43-kd membrane protein of glomerular epithelial cells, is down-regulated in puromycin nephrosisS Breiteneder-Geleff
Department of Clinical Pathology, University of Vienna, Austria
Am J Pathol 151:1141-52. 1997..To indicate that this protein could be associated with transformation of arborized foot processes to flat feet (Latin, pes planus) we have called it podoplanin.
- Characterization and cloning of the E11 antigen, a marker expressed by rat osteoblasts and osteocytesA Wetterwald
Department of Pathophysiology, University of Berne, Switzerland
Bone 18:125-32. 1996..8 cells, using a eukaryotic expression system. The E11 cDNA sequence revealed homology with the murine OTS-8/gp38 sequence...
- T1 alpha protein is developmentally regulated and expressed by alveolar type I cells, choroid plexus, and ciliary epithelia of adult ratsM C Williams
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 14:577-85. 1996b>T1 alpha is the first marker gene known to be expressed in the adult lung solely by the alveolar type I epithelial cell...
- A type I cell-specific protein is a biochemical marker of epithelial injury in a rat model of pneumoniaM C McElroy
Department of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Am J Physiol 268:L181-6. 1995In this study we determined whether the alveolar fluid content of a specific epithelial type I cell protein, rTI40, can be used as a biochemical marker for lung injury...