Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CYT1
Description: Glucose-1-phosphate adenylyltransferase family protein
Alias: CYTOKINESIS DEFECTIVE 1, EMB101, EMBRYO DEFECTIVE 101, GDP-MANNOSE PYROPHOSPHORYLASE 1, GMP1, SENSITIVE TO OZONE 1, SOZ1, T5I7.7, T5I7_7, VITAMIN C DEFECTIVE 1, VTC1
Species: thale cress
- Ascorbic acid deficiency activates cell death and disease resistance responses in ArabidopsisValeria Pavet
Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba 5000, Argentina
Plant Physiol 139:1291-303. 2005..Here we show that the Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) low vitamin C mutants, vtc1 and vtc2, which have between 10% and 25% of wild-type ascorbic acid, exhibit microlesions, express pathogenesis-..
- D27E mutation of VTC1 impairs the interaction with CSN5B and enhances ascorbic acid biosynthesis and seedling growth in ArabidopsisShenghui Li
College of Life Sciences, Agricultural University of Hebei, Baoding, 071001, China
Plant Mol Biol 92:473-482. 2016Our previous investigation revealed that GDP-Man pyrophosphorylase (VTC1), a vital ascorbic acid (AsA) biosynthesis enzyme, could be degraded through interaction with the photomorphogenic factor COP9 signalosome subunit 5B (CSN5B) in the ..
- Arabidopsis cyt1 mutants are deficient in a mannose-1-phosphate guanylyltransferase and point to a requirement of N-linked glycosylation for cellulose biosynthesisW Lukowitz
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Department of Plant Biology, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2262-7. 2001..A weak mutation in the same gene, called vtc1, has previously been identified on the basis of ozone sensitivity due to reduced levels of ascorbic acid...
- Metabolite profiling of Arabidopsis inoculated with Alternaria brassicicola reveals that ascorbate reduces disease severityChristopher J Botanga
Department of Plant Biology, University of Minnesota, St Paul, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:1628-38. 2012..GABA promoted, and ascorbate strongly inhibited, fungal growth in culture. Arabidopsis vtc1 and vtc2 mutants, that have low levels of ascorbate, were more susceptible to A. brassicicola...
- Arabidopsis CSN5B interacts with VTC1 and modulates ascorbic acid synthesisJuan Wang
Biotechnology Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100081, China
Plant Cell 25:625-36. 2013..thaliana and find that alterations in the protein levels of the AsA biosynthetic enzyme GDP-Man pyrophosphorylase (VTC1) are associated with changes in AsA contents in light and darkness...
- Genetic evidence for the role of GDP-mannose in plant ascorbic acid (vitamin C) biosynthesisP L Conklin
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research and Section of Genetics and Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4198-203. 1999..The best-characterized of these mutants (vtc1) contains approximately 25% of wild-type AsA and is defective in AsA biosynthesis...
- Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotoleranceJane Larkindale
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Plant Physiol 138:882-97. 2005..Ethylene signaling mutants (ein2 and etr1) and reactive oxygen metabolism mutants (vtc1, vtc2, npq1, and cad2) were more defective in basal than acquired thermotolerance, especially under high light...
- Coordinated activation of metabolic pathways for antioxidants and defence compounds by jasmonates and their roles in stress tolerance in ArabidopsisYuko Sasaki-Sekimoto
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 226 8501, Japan
Plant J 44:653-68. 2005..Compared with the wild type, opr3 mutants were more sensitive to O3 exposure. These results suggest that the coordinated activation of the metabolic pathways mediated by jasmonates provides resistance to environmental stresses...
- Increased sensitivity to salt stress in an ascorbate-deficient Arabidopsis mutantChenghong Huang
Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou, 730000, China
J Exp Bot 56:3041-9. 2005....
- Modulation of plant morphology, root architecture, and cell structure by low vitamin C in Arabidopsis thalianaE Olmos
Crop Performance and Improvement Division, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
J Exp Bot 57:1645-55. 2006..and leaf ultrastructure were studied in Arabidopsis thaliana mutants, which have constitutively moderately low (vtc1) or very low (vtc2) leaf AA contents compared with the wild type...
- GDP-mannose pyrophosphorylase is a genetic determinant of ammonium sensitivity in Arabidopsis thalianaCheng Qin
The State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Life Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18308-13. 2008..Further analysis showed that defective N-glycosylation of proteins, unfolded protein response, and cell death in the roots are likely important downstream molecular events involved in the growth inhibition of Arabidopsis by NH(4)(+)...
- A mutation in GDP-mannose pyrophosphorylase causes conditional hypersensitivity to ammonium, resulting in Arabidopsis root growth inhibition, altered ammonium metabolism, and hormone homeostasisCarina Barth
Department of Biology, West Virginia University, 53 Campus Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506 6507, USA
J Exp Bot 61:379-94. 2010..in the quiescent centre of the root, it was hypothesized that the AA-deficient Arabidopsis thaliana mutants vtc1-1, vtc2-1, vtc3-1, and vtc4-1 have altered root growth...
- Genes involved in tolerance to environmental stressPatent Number: EP1571221-A2; Date:2005-09-07