Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EDS16
Description: ADC synthase superfamily protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE 1, ATICS1, ENHANCED DISEASE SUSCEPTIBILITY TO ERYSIPHE ORONTII 16, F25A4.31, ICS1, ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE, ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE 1, SALICYLIC ACID INDUCTION DEFICIENT 2, SID2
Species: thale cress
- Isochorismate synthase is required to synthesize salicylic acid for plant defenceM C Wildermuth
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 414:562-5. 2001..Some bacteria such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa synthesize SA using isochorismate synthase (ICS) and pyruvate lyase...
- A plant locus essential for phylloquinone (vitamin K1) biosynthesis originated from a fusion of four eubacterial genesJeferson Gross
Department Biology I, Botany, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Menzinger Strasse 67, D 80638 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:17189-96. 2006..Therefore, gene fusion, duplication, and fission events adapted a eubacterial multienzymatic system to the metabolic requirements of plants...
- MEKK1 is required for MPK4 activation and regulates tissue-specific and temperature-dependent cell death in ArabidopsisKazuya Ichimura
Sainsbury Laboratory, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:36969-76. 2006..cell death and H(2)O(2) accumulation that are partly dependent on both RAR1, a key component in resistance protein function, and SID2, an isochorismate synthase required for salicylic acid production upon pathogen infection.
- Pathogen-associated molecular pattern recognition rather than development of tissue necrosis contributes to bacterial induction of systemic acquired resistance in ArabidopsisTatiana E Mishina
Julius von Sachs Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Wurzburg, Julius von Sachs Platz 3, D 97082 Wurzburg, Germany
Plant J 50:500-13. 2007..Our data indicate that PAMPs significantly contribute to SAR initiation in Arabidopsis and that tissue necroses at inoculation sites are dispensable for SAR activation...
- ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE3 and ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE3-LIKE1 repress SALICYLIC ACID INDUCTION DEFICIENT2 expression to negatively regulate plant innate immunity in ArabidopsisHuamin Chen
School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Plant Cell 21:2527-40. 2009..Further analyses indicated that SALICYLIC ACID INDUCTION DEFICIENT2 (SID2), which encodes isochorismate synthase required for pathogen-induced biosynthesis of salicylic acid (SA), is a key target of EIN3 and EIL1...
- Characterization and biological function of the ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE2 gene of ArabidopsisChristophe Garcion
UMR 1090, INRA Université Bordeaux 2, 33140 Villenave d Ornon, France
Plant Physiol 147:1279-87. 2008..derive mainly from isochorismate, itself produced from chorismate through the activity of ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE1 (ICS1)...
- Signaling pathways that regulate the enhanced disease resistance of Arabidopsis "defense, no death" mutantsRuth K Genger
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 21:1285-96. 2008..We examined the contributions of NPR1, SID2 (EDS16), NDR1, and EIN2 to dnd phenotypes...
- TCP transcription factors are critical for the coordinated regulation of isochorismate synthase 1 expression in Arabidopsis thalianaXiaoyan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Fudan Institute of Plant Biology, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200438, China
Plant J 82:151-62. 2015..mechanism of SA synthesis and signaling, we used a yeast one-hybrid system to screen for regulators of isochorismate synthase 1 (ICS1), a gene encoding the key enzyme in SA biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Isochorismate synthase 1 is required for thylakoid organization, optimal plastoquinone redox status, and state transitions in Arabidopsis thalianaPiotr Gawronski
Department of Plant Genetics, Breeding and Biotechnology, Faculty of Horticulture, Biotechnology and Landscape Architecture, Warsaw University of Life Sciences SGGW, Nowoursynowska 159, Warsaw, 02 776 Poland
J Exp Bot 64:3669-79. 2013b>Isochorismate synthase 1 (ICS1) is a crucial enzyme in the salicylic acid (SA) synthesis pathway, and thus it is important for immune defences...
- Roles of CAMTA transcription factors and salicylic acid in configuring the low-temperature transcriptome and freezing tolerance of ArabidopsisYongSig Kim
MSU DOE Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Plant J 75:364-76. 2013..We show that this chilling-induced SA biosynthesis proceeds through the isochorismate synthase (ICS) pathway, with cold induction of ICS1 (which encodes ICS), and two genes encoding transcription ..
- Genetic analysis of acd6-1 reveals complex defense networks and leads to identification of novel defense genes in ArabidopsisHua Lu
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Plant J 58:401-12. 2009..to identify two genes disrupted in acd6-1 suppressor (sup) mutants: one encodes a known SA biosynthetic component (SID2) and the other encodes an uncharacterized putative metalloprotease (At5g20660)...
- Salicylic acid deficiency in NahG transgenic lines and sid2 mutants increases seed yield in the annual plant Arabidopsis thalianaMaria Elizabeth Abreu
Departament de Biologia Vegetal, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat de Biologia, Avinguda Diagonal 645, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Exp Bot 60:1261-71. 2009..It is concluded that (i) the sid2 gene, which encodes for isochorismate synthase, plays a central role in salicylic acid biosynthesis during plant development in A...
- ABA is an essential signal for plant resistance to pathogens affecting JA biosynthesis and the activation of defenses in ArabidopsisBruce A T Adie
Departamento de Genética Molecular de Plantas, Centro Nacional de Biotecnología Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Campus Universidad Autonoma, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Plant Cell 19:1665-81. 2007..The results support a model for ABA affecting JA biosynthesis in the activation of defenses against this oomycete...
- Peroxisomal hydrogen peroxide is coupled to biotic defense responses by ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE1 in a daylength-related mannerSejir Chaouch
Institut de Biologie des Plantes, UMR8618 CNRS, Universite de Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Physiol 153:1692-705. 2010..H(2)O(2) was modified by introducing secondary mutations into the cat2 background and was completely absent in cat2 sid2 double mutants, in which ISOCHORISMATE SYNTHASE1 (ICS1) activity is defective...
- WRKY transcription factors involved in activation of SA biosynthesis genesMarcel C van Verk
Institute of Biology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Plant Biol 11:89. 2011..in SA biosynthesis in Arabidopsis is the conversion of chorismate to isochorismate through the action of isochorismate synthase, encoded by the ICS1 gene...
- Plant stomata function in innate immunity against bacterial invasionMaeli Melotto
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Cell 126:969-80. 2006..We provide evidence that supports a model in which stomata, as part of an integral innate immune system, act as a barrier against bacterial infection...
- Conserved requirement for a plant host cell protein in powdery mildew pathogenesisChiara Consonni
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Department of Plant Microbe Interactions, Carl von Linne Weg 10, D 50829 Köln, Germany
Nat Genet 38:716-20. 2006....
- Staphylococcus aureus pathogenicity on Arabidopsis thaliana is mediated either by a direct effect of salicylic acid on the pathogen or by SA-dependent, NPR1-independent host responsesBalakrishnan Prithiviraj
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1173, USA
Plant J 42:417-32. 2005..SA) accumulation], and 35S-LOX2- (defective in jasmonic acid production and hyper-accumulator of SA), and mutants ics1 (depleted in SA accumulation), and npr1-1 (non-expressor of pathogenesis-related protein) we show that resistance ..