Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: EIN2
Description: NRAMP metal ion transporter family protein
Alias: ATEIN2, CKR1, CYTOKININ RESISTANT 1, ENHANCED RESPONSE TO ABA3, ERA3, ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE 2, F12E4.10, F12E4_10, ORE2, ORE3, ORESARA 2, ORESARA 3, PIR2
Species: thale cress
- Ethylene-insensitive3 is a senescence-associated gene that accelerates age-dependent leaf senescence by directly repressing miR164 transcription in ArabidopsisZhonghai Li
State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Plant Cell 25:3311-28. 2013..We further found that EIN3 acts downstream of ORESARA2 (ORE2)/ORE3/EIN2 to repress miR164 transcription and upregulate the transcript levels of ORE1/NAC2, a target gene of miR164...
- Trifurcate feed-forward regulation of age-dependent cell death involving miR164 in ArabidopsisJin Hee Kim
Division of Molecular Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Hyoja Dong, Pohang, Kyungbuk, 790 784, Republic of Korea
Science 323:1053-7. 2009..ORE1 expression is up-regulated concurrently with leaf aging by EIN2 but is negatively regulated by miR164...
- Ethylene-induced stabilization of ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE3 and EIN3-LIKE1 is mediated by proteasomal degradation of EIN3 binding F-box 1 and 2 that requires EIN2 in ArabidopsisFengying An
National Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Plant Cell 22:2384-401. 2010..Also, we found that EIN2 is indispensable for mediating ethylene-induced EIN3/EIL1 accumulation and EBF1/2 degradation, whereas MKK9 is not ..
- Nitric oxide regulates dark-induced leaf senescence through EIN2 in ArabidopsisYun Han Niu
The National Key Laboratory of Plant Molecular Genetics and National Center for Plant Gene Research Shanghai, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
J Integr Plant Biol 54:516-25. 2012The nitric oxide (NO)-deficient mutant nos1/noa1 exhibited an early leaf senescence phenotype. ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE 2 (EIN2) was previously reported to function as a positive regulator of ethylene-induced senescence...
- Processing and subcellular trafficking of ER-tethered EIN2 control response to ethylene gasHong Qiao
Plant Biology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 338:390-3. 2012Ethylene gas is essential for many developmental processes and stress responses in plants. ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2), an NRAMP-like integral membrane protein, plays an essential role in ethylene signaling, but its function remains ..
- CTR1 phosphorylates the central regulator EIN2 to control ethylene hormone signaling from the ER membrane to the nucleus in ArabidopsisChuanli Ju
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:19486-91. 2012..TRIPLE RESPONSE1 (CTR1) Raf-like protein kinase, as well as the molecular events surrounding ETHYLENE-INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2), an ER membrane-localized Nramp homolog that positively regulates ethylene responses...
- EIN2, a bifunctional transducer of ethylene and stress responses in ArabidopsisJ M Alonso
Plant Science Institute, Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6018, USA
Science 284:2148-52. 1999..Ethylene regulates plant growth, development, and responsiveness to a variety of stresses. Cloning of the Arabidopsis EIN2 gene identifies a central component of the ethylene signaling pathway...
- Gene regulatory cascade of senescence-associated NAC transcription factors activated by ETHYLENE-INSENSITIVE2-mediated leaf senescence signalling in ArabidopsisHyo Jung Kim
Center for Plant Aging Research, Institute for Basic Science IBS, Daegu 711 873, Republic of Korea
J Exp Bot 65:4023-36. 2014..It was previously reported that the trifurcate feed-forward pathway involving EIN2, ORE1, and miR164 in Arabidopsis regulates age-dependent leaf senescence and cell death...
- Nitric oxide induces cotyledon senescence involving co-operation of the NES1/MAD1 and EIN2-associated ORE1 signalling pathways in ArabidopsisJing Du
College of Life Sciences, Capital Normal University, Beijing, 100048, PR China
J Exp Bot 65:4051-63. 2014..Moreover, two positive regulators of leaf senescence, the ethylene signalling component EIN2 and the transcription factor ORE1/AtNAC2/ANAC092, were found to function during nitric oxide-induced senescence in ..
- The volatile 6-pentyl-2H-pyran-2-one from Trichoderma atroviride regulates Arabidopsis thaliana root morphogenesis via auxin signaling and ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE 2 functioningAmira Garnica-Vergara
Instituto de Investigaciones Quimico Biologicas, Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo Edificio B3, Ciudad Universitaria CP 58030, Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico
New Phytol 209:1496-512. 2016..AFB3 auxin receptors and ARF7 and ARF19 transcription factors influenced the lateral root response to 6-PP, whereas EIN2 modulated 6-PP sensing in primary roots...
- Separation anxiety: an analysis of ethylene-induced cleavage of EIN2Bret Cooper
Soybean Genomics and Improvement Laboratory USDA ARS Beltsville, MD USA
Plant Signal Behav 8:e24721. 2013Since the discovery of the CTR1 protein kinase and the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-localized EIN2 protein nearly 20 y ago, plant biologists have wondered how these proteins respectively serve as negative and positive regulators of ethylene-..
- Plant vascular cell division is maintained by an interaction between PXY and ethylene signallingJ Peter Etchells
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 8:e1002997. 2012..Furthermore, blocking ethylene signalling using a variety of ethylene insensitive mutants such as ein2 enhances the cell division defect of pxy...
- The Arabidopsis EIN2 restricts organ growth by retarding cell expansionGuanping Feng
a School of Life Sciences Jinggangshan University Ji an, Jiangxi, PR China
Plant Signal Behav 10:e1017169. 2015..Ethylene insensitve 2 (EIN2) was first identified by a genetic screen for ethylene insensitivity and is regarded as a central component of ..
- EIN2-directed translational regulation of ethylene signaling in ArabidopsisWenyang Li
The State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Cell 163:670-83. 2015..Ethylene is a gaseous phytohormone that plays vital roles in plant growth and development. Previous studies uncovered EIN2 as an essential signal transducer linking ethylene perception on ER to transcriptional regulation in the nucleus ..
- Gene-specific translation regulation mediated by the hormone-signaling molecule EIN2Catharina Merchante
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA IHSM UMA CSIC, Departamento de Biologia Molecular y Bioquimica, Universidad de Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Cell 163:684-97. 2015..this translation regulatory machinery, the ethylene signaling component EBF2, indicates that the signaling molecule EIN2 and the nonsense-mediated decay proteins UPFs play a central role in this ethylene-induced translational response...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 6 mediates nuclear translocation of ORE3 to promote ORE9 gene expression in methyl jasmonate-induced leaf senescenceYushan Zhang
MOE Key Laboratory of Laser Life Science and Institute of Laser Life Science, College of Biophotonics, South China Normal University, Guangzhou 510631, China
J Exp Bot 67:83-94. 2016Methyl jasmonate (MeJA) is a potent promoter of plant senescence. ORESARA3 (ORE3)/ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2), a protein similar to the members of the disease-related Nramp metal transporter family, is involved in cross-talk among ..
- Ethylene signaling regulates accumulation of the FLS2 receptor and is required for the oxidative burst contributing to plant immunitySophia Mersmann
Max Planck Institute für Züchtungsforschung, Cologne, Germany
Plant Physiol 154:391-400. 2010..Flagellin Sensitive2 (FLS2) accumulation was reduced in etr1 and ein2, indicating a requirement of ethylene signaling for FLS2 expression...
- Reducing jasmonic acid levels causes ein2 mutants to become ethylene responsiveJoonyup Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37917, USA
FEBS Lett 587:226-30. 2013It has previously been shown that jasmonic acid affects the ethylene signaling pathway. EIN2 is a central component of ethylene signaling that is downstream of the receptors...
- Functional phosphoproteomic analysis reveals that a serine-62-phosphorylated isoform of ethylene response factor110 is involved in Arabidopsis boltingLin Zhu
Division of Life Science, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
Plant Physiol 161:904-17. 2013....
- Photoactivated phytochromes interact with HEMERA and promote its accumulation to establish photomorphogenesis in ArabidopsisRafaelo M Galvão
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Genes Dev 26:1851-63. 2012....
- Genetic analysis of the effects of polar auxin transport inhibitors on root growth in Arabidopsis thalianaH Fujita
Department of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 37:1094-101. 1996..specifically affected the root-elongation process, and they were shown ultimately to be allelic to aux1 and ein2, respectively, which are known as mutations that affect responses to phytohormones...
- Interplay between ethylene, ETP1/ETP2 F-box proteins, and degradation of EIN2 triggers ethylene responses in ArabidopsisHong Qiao
Plant Biology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 23:512-21. 2009..and characterized, little is known about the function of the integral membrane protein ETHYLENE-INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2), a central regulator of all ethylene responses...
- Regulation of abscisic acid signaling by the ethylene response pathway in ArabidopsisM Ghassemian
Department of Botany, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Plant Cell 12:1117-26. 2000..In an attempt to determine negative regulators of ABA signaling, we identified mutants, designated enhanced response to ABA3 (era3), that increased the sensitivity of the seed to ABA...
- Genes controlling expression of defense responses in Arabidopsis--2001 statusJ Glazebrook
Torrey Mesa Research Institute, 3115 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Curr Opin Plant Biol 4:301-8. 2001..Genes required for jasmonic-acid-dependent signaling and for induced systemic resistance have also been identified...
- Sugar and hormone connectionsPatricia Leon
Departamento de Biologia Molecular de Plantas, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62271, Mexico
Trends Plant Sci 8:110-6. 2003..The effects of sugar and osmotic stress on morphogenesis and gene expression are distinct. The plasticity of plant growth and development are exemplified by the complex interplay of sugar and hormone signalling...
- Short-term growth responses to ethylene in Arabidopsis seedlings are EIN3/EIL1 independentBrad M Binder
Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 136:2921-7. 2004..Phase I is transient, while phase II results in sustained growth inhibition. The EIN2 membrane protein is required for both the first and second phases of growth inhibition by ethylene, while the ..
- Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotoleranceJane Larkindale
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Plant Physiol 138:882-97. 2005..Ethylene signaling mutants (ein2 and etr1) and reactive oxygen metabolism mutants (vtc1, vtc2, npq1, and cad2) were more defective in basal than ..
- Conserved requirement for a plant host cell protein in powdery mildew pathogenesisChiara Consonni
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Department of Plant Microbe Interactions, Carl von Linne Weg 10, D 50829 Köln, Germany
Nat Genet 38:716-20. 2006....
- RCN1-regulated phosphatase activity and EIN2 modulate hypocotyl gravitropism by a mechanism that does not require ethylene signalingGloria K Muday
Department of Biology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27109, USA
Plant Physiol 141:1617-29. 2006..Surprisingly, the ethylene insensitive2-1 (ein2-1) and ein2-5 mutations dramatically reduce gravitropic bending in hypocotyls...
- Ethylene-induced stomatal closure in Arabidopsis occurs via AtrbohF-mediated hydrogen peroxide synthesisRadhika Desikan
Centre for Research in Plant Science, Genomics Research Institute, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of the West of England, Bristol, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK
Plant J 47:907-16. 2006..Stomata of the ethylene signalling ein2-1 and arr2 mutants do not close in response to either ethylene or H(2)O(2) but do generate H(2)O(2) following ..
- Vectorial information for Arabidopsis planar polarity is mediated by combined AUX1, EIN2, and GNOM activityUrs Fischer
Umea Plant Science Centre, Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 90183 Umea, Sweden
Curr Biol 16:2143-9. 2006..Here, we report that combinatorial action of the auxin influx carrier AUX1, ETHYLENE-INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2) , and GNOM genes mediates the vector for coordinate hair positioning...
- ABA is an essential signal for plant resistance to pathogens affecting JA biosynthesis and the activation of defenses in ArabidopsisBruce A T Adie
Departamento de Genética Molecular de Plantas, Centro Nacional de Biotecnología Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Campus Universidad Autonoma, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Plant Cell 19:1665-81. 2007..The results support a model for ABA affecting JA biosynthesis in the activation of defenses against this oomycete...
- Arabidopsis EIN2 modulates stress response through abscisic acid response pathwayYouning Wang
The State Key Laboratory of Plant Cell and Chromosome Engineering, Center for Agricultural Resources, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Science, 286 Huaizhong Road, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, 050021, PR China
Plant Mol Biol 64:633-44. 2007The nuclear protein ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2) is a central component of the ethylene signal transduction pathway in plants, and plays an important role in mediating cross-links between several hormone response pathways, including ..
- Chloroplast signaling and LESION SIMULATING DISEASE1 regulate crosstalk between light acclimation and immunity in ArabidopsisPer Mühlenbock
Department of Botany, Stockholm University, 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Plant Cell 20:2339-56. 2008..and increased production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and ethylene that signals through ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2)...
- EIN2 regulates salt stress response and interacts with a MA3 domain-containing protein ECIP1 in ArabidopsisGang Lei
State Key Lab of Plant Genomics, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Plant Cell Environ 34:1678-92. 2011..However, its roles in salt stress response are less known. Here we studied functions of EIN2, a central membrane protein of ethylene signalling, and its interacting protein ECIP1 in salt stress responses...
- New paradigm in ethylene signaling: EIN2, the central regulator of the signaling pathway, interacts directly with the upstream receptorsMelanie M A Bisson
Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Biochemische Pflanzenphysiologie, Dusseldorf, Germany
Plant Signal Behav 6:164-6. 2011The membrane protein ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2), which is supposed to act between the soluble serine/threonine kinase CTR1 and the EIN3/EIL family of transcription factors, is a central and most critical element of the ethylene ..
- Transcription factor AtMYB44 regulates induced expression of the ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE2 gene in Arabidopsis responding to a harpin proteinRuoxue Liu
Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 24:377-89. 2011..The pathway depends on ETHYLENE INSENSITIVE2 (EIN2), an essential component of ethylene signaling, to regulate defense responses in the plant following treatment with ..
- Glucosinolate metabolites required for an Arabidopsis innate immune responseNicole K Clay
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 323:95-101. 2009..Our study shows that well-studied plant metabolites, previously identified as important in avoiding damage by herbivores, are also required as a component of the plant defense response against microbial pathogens...
- The Arabidopsis Ethylene-Insensitive 2 gene is required for lead resistanceShuqing Cao
School of Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, 193 Tunxi Road, Hefei, Anhui 230009, People s Republic of China
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:308-12. 2009The Arabidopsis Ethylene-Insensitive 2 (EIN2) gene has been shown to be involved in the regulation of abiotic and biotic stresses, including ozone stress, high salt, oxidative stress and disease resistance...
- New insight in ethylene signaling: autokinase activity of ETR1 modulates the interaction of receptors and EIN2Melanie M A Bisson
Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Biochemie der Pflanzen, Universitatsstr 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Mol Plant 3:882-9. 2010b>Ethylene insensitive 2 (EIN2), an integral membrane protein of the ER network, has been identified as the central regulator of the ethylene signaling pathway...
- EIN2, the central regulator of ethylene signalling, is localized at the ER membrane where it interacts with the ethylene receptor ETR1Melanie M A Bisson
Department of Plant Biochemistry, Heinrich Heine University, 40225 Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, Germany
Biochem J 424:1-6. 2009Genetic studies have identified the membrane protein EIN2 (ethylene insensitive 2) as a central component of ethylene signalling in Arabidopsis...
- Ethylene is involved in nitrate-dependent root growth and branching in Arabidopsis thalianaQiu Ying Tian
State Key Laboratory of Vegetation and Environmental Change, Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
New Phytol 184:918-31. 2009..in root development in Arabidopsis thaliana using wild types and mutants defective in ethylene signaling (etr1, ein2) and nitrate transporters (chl1, nrt2.1)...
- Phosphoproteomic analysis of ethylene-regulated protein phosphorylation in etiolated seedlings of Arabidopsis mutant ein2 using two-dimensional separations coupled with a hybrid quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometerHao Li
Department of Biology, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Proteomics 9:1646-61. 2009..adopted to investigate the differential protein phosphorylation by ethylene in Arabidopsis ethylene-insensitive 2 (ein2) mutant...
- Disruption of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation mechanisms alters responses of Arabidopsis to biotic stressLori Adams-Phillips
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 152:267-80. 2010..We conclude that poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation is a functional component in plant responses to biotic stress...