Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ELF4
Description: EARLY FLOWERING-like protein (DUF1313)
Alias: EARLY FLOWERING 4, T28M21.24, T28M21_24
Species: thale cress
- EARLY FLOWERING 4 functions in phytochrome B-regulated seedling de-etiolationRajnish Khanna
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Plant Physiol 133:1530-8. 2003..Recently, this locus was identified as EARLY FLOWERING 4, a gene implicated in floral induction and regulating the expression of the gene CIRCADIAN CLOCK-ASSOCIATED ..
- The ELF4 gene controls circadian rhythms and flowering time in Arabidopsis thalianaMark R Doyle
Department of Biochemistry and Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nature 419:74-7. 2002..Here we describe the gene EARLY FLOWERING 4 (ELF4), which is involved in photoperiod perception and circadian regulation...
- ELF4 is a phytochrome-regulated component of a negative-feedback loop involving the central oscillator components CCA1 and LHYElise A Kikis
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Plant J 44:300-13. 2005..and mutant seedlings to examine the role of these oscillator components, and to determine the function of ELF3 and ELF4 in their light-regulated expression...
- PCH1 integrates circadian and light-signaling pathways to control photoperiod-responsive growth in ArabidopsisHe Huang
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St Louis, United States
elife 5:e13292. 2016..Thus, PCH1 is a new factor that regulates photoperiod-responsive growth by integrating the clock with light perception pathways through modulating daily phyB-signaling. ..
- Quantitative Circadian Phosphoproteomic Analysis of Arabidopsis Reveals Extensive Clock Control of Key Components in Physiological, Metabolic, and Signaling PathwaysMani Kant Choudhary
From the Division of Integrative Biosciences and Biotechnology, POSTECH, Hyojadong, Pohang, Kyungbuk, 790 784, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Proteomics 14:2243-60. 2015..enough to quantitate oscillations in the phosphorylation of low abundance clock proteins (early flowering4; ELF4 and pseudoresponse regulator3; PRR3) as well as other transcription factors and kinases...
- Negative regulatory roles of DE-ETIOLATED1 in flowering time in ArabidopsisMin Young Kang
Department of Plant Science, Plant Genomics and Breeding Institute, Research Institute of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Korea
Sci Rep 5:9728. 2015..Thus, we propose that DET1 is a strong repressor of flowering and has a pivotal role in maintaining photoperiod sensitivity in the regulation of flowering time. ..
- DIE NEUTRALIS and LATE BLOOMER 1 contribute to regulation of the pea circadian clockLim Chee Liew
School of Plant Science, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
Plant Cell 21:3198-211. 2009..that LATE1 participates in the clock and provide evidence that DNE is the ortholog of Arabidopsis EARLY FLOWERING4 (ELF4)...
- EARLY FLOWERING4 recruitment of EARLY FLOWERING3 in the nucleus sustains the Arabidopsis circadian clockEva Herrero
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, D 50829 Cologne, Germany
Plant Cell 24:428-43. 2012..We previously reported that Arabidopsis thaliana EARLY FLOWERING4 (ELF4) is required to sustain this oscillator and that the elf4 mutant is arrhythmic...
- GIGANTEA and EARLY FLOWERING 4 in Arabidopsis exhibit differential phase-specific genetic influences over a diurnal cycleYumi Kim
Division of Molecular and Life Sciences, POSTECH, Hyojadong, Pohang, Kyungbuk, 790 784, Republic of Korea
Mol Plant 5:678-87. 2012..Similarly, EARLY FLOWERING 4 (ELF4), another clock regulator, also contributes to these processes...
- Diversification of photoperiodic response patterns in a collection of early-flowering mutants of ArabidopsisSylvie Pouteau
UR Biologie Cellulaire, INRA, F78026 Versailles, France
Plant Physiol 148:1465-73. 2008..Furthermore, the frequency of circadian defects in mutants with normal photoperiodic responses suggested that the circadian clock may regulate the number of leaves independently of its effect on daylength perception...
- The ELF4-ELF3-LUX complex links the circadian clock to diurnal control of hypocotyl growthDmitri A Nusinow
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California San Diego 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0130, USA
Nature 475:398-402. 2011..a protein complex (called the evening complex)--composed of the proteins encoded by EARLY FLOWERING 3 (ELF3), ELF4 and the transcription-factor-encoding gene LUX ARRHYTHMO (LUX; also known as PHYTOCLOCK 1)--that directly regulates ..
- TIME FOR COFFEE encodes a nuclear regulator in the Arabidopsis thaliana circadian clockZhaojun Ding
Department of Plant Developmental Biology, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne D 50829, Germany
Plant Cell 19:1522-36. 2007..Neither its abundance nor its cellular distribution was found to be clock regulated. We suggest that TIC encodes a nucleus-acting clock regulator working close to the central oscillator...
- ELF4 is required for oscillatory properties of the circadian clockHarriet G McWatters
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3RB, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 144:391-401. 2007..We have previously characterized the EARLY FLOWERING4 (ELF4) locus of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) as being important for robust rhythms...
- Functional profiling reveals that only a small number of phytochrome-regulated early-response genes in Arabidopsis are necessary for optimal deetiolationRajnish Khanna
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Plant Cell 18:2157-71. 2006....
- HUA2 is required for the expression of floral repressors in Arabidopsis thalianaMark R Doyle
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 1544, USA
Plant J 41:376-85. 2005..An allele of HUA2 from Landsberg erecta (Ler) contains a premature stop codon and acts as an enhancer of early flowering 4 (elf4) mutants...
- MODIFIED ADENOVIRAL FIBER AND TARGET ADENOVIRUSESPatent Number: WO9844121-A1; Date:1998-10-08