Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FWA
Description: FLOWERING WAGENINGEN
Alias: FLOWERING WAGENINGEN, HDG6, HOMEODOMAIN GLABROUS 6, M7J2.100, M7J2_100
Species: thale cress
- One-way control of FWA imprinting in Arabidopsis endosperm by DNA methylationTetsu Kinoshita
Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima 411 8540, Japan
Science 303:521-3. 2004The Arabidopsis FWA gene was initially identified from late-flowering epigenetic mutants that show ectopic FWA expression associated with heritable hypomethylation of repeats around transcription starting sites...
- Maintenance of DNA methylation during the Arabidopsis life cycle is essential for parental imprintingPauline E Jullien
Chromatin and Reproduction Group, Temasek Lifesciences Laboratory, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117604, Republic of Singapore
Plant Cell 18:1360-72. 2006..thaliana, maternal imprinting has been clearly demonstrated for the Polycomb group gene MEDEA (MEA) and for FWA. Direct repeats upstream of FWA are subject to DNA methylation...
- Evolution and control of imprinted FWA genes in the genus ArabidopsisRyo Fujimoto
Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
PLoS Genet 4:e1000048. 2008..b>FWA is an imprinted gene in Arabidopsis thaliana expressed specifically in the female gametophyte and endosperm...
- Two-step recruitment of RNA-directed DNA methylation to tandem repeatsSimon W L Chan
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 4:e363. 2006Tandem repeat sequences are frequently associated with gene silencing phenomena. The Arabidopsis thaliana FWA gene contains two tandem repeats and is an efficient target for RNA-directed de novo DNA methylation when it is transformed ..
- Control of FWA gene silencing in Arabidopsis thaliana by SINE-related direct repeatsYuki Kinoshita
Department of Integrated Genetics, National Institute of Genetics, Yata 1111, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Plant J 49:38-45. 2007A unique feature of late-flowering fwa epigenetic mutations is that the phenotype is caused by ectopic expression of the homeobox gene FWA...
- Mutations in the Arabidopsis H3K4me2/3 demethylase JMJ14 suppress posttranscriptional gene silencing by decreasing transgene transcriptionIvan Le Masson
Institut Jean Pierre Bourgin, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1318, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, 78000 Versailles, France
Plant Cell 24:3603-12. 2012..Removing JMJ14 likely allows other H3K4 demethylases encoded by the Arabidopsis thaliana genome to act on transgenes and reduce transcription levels, thus preventing the triggering of S-PTGS...
- Different roles of flowering-time genes in the activation of floral initiation genes in ArabidopsisL Ruiz-Garcia
Departamento de Biología Molecular y Virología Vegetal, Instituto Nacional de Investigacion y Tecnologia Agraria y Alimentaria, Madrid, Spain
Plant Cell 9:1921-34. 1997We have analyzed double mutants that combine late-flowering mutations at four flowering-time loci (FVE, FPA, FWA, and FT) with mutations at the LEAFY (LFY), APETALA1 (AP1), and TERMINAL FLOWER1 (TFL1) loci involved in the floral ..
- The early-flowering mutant efs is involved in the autonomous promotion pathway of Arabidopsis thalianaW J Soppe
Laboratory of Genetics, Wageningen University, Dreijenlaan 2, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Development 126:4763-70. 1999..In a screen for early flowering, after mutagenesis of the late-flowering fwa mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana, the early flowering in short days (efs) mutant was identified...
- Molecular basis of late-flowering phenotype caused by dominant epi-alleles of the FWA locus in ArabidopsisYoko Ikeda
Department of Botany, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 48:205-20. 2007The late-flowering phenotype of dominant fwa mutants is caused by hypomethylation in the FWA locus leading to ectopic expression of a homeodomain leucine zipper (HD-ZIP) protein...
- Arabidopsis relatives of the human lysine-specific Demethylase1 repress the expression of FWA and FLOWERING LOCUS C and thus promote the floral transitionDanhua Jiang
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
Plant Cell 19:2975-87. 2007..in chromatin of the floral repressor FLOWERING LOCUS C (FLC) and the sporophytically silenced floral repressor FWA. Two of the homologs, LSD1-LIKE1 (LDL1) and LSD1-LIKE2 (LDL2), act in partial redundancy with FLOWERING LOCUS D (..
- Epigenetic variation in the FWA gene within the genus ArabidopsisRyo Fujimoto
CSIRO Plant Industry, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Plant J 66:831-43. 2011b>fwa is a late flowering epi-mutant in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Inflorescence abnormalities occur with overexpression of Arabidopsis lyrata FT in the fwa mutant of Arabidopsis thalianaTakahiro Kawanabe
Watanabe Seed Co, Ltd, Machiyashiki, Misato cho, Miyagi, Japan
Plant Sci 181:496-503. 2011..b>fwa is a late-flowering mutant, and this phenotype is due to ectopic FWA expression caused by hypomethylation at the ..