Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IRX3
Description: Cellulose synthase family protein
Alias: ATCESA7, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE CATALYTIC SUBUNIT 7, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE CATALYTIC SUBUNIT, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE CATALYTIC SUBUNIT 7, CESA7, IRREGULAR XYLEM 3, MUR10, MURUS 10, T10B6.80, T10B6_80
Species: thale cress
- S-Acylation of the cellulose synthase complex is essential for its plasma membrane localizationManoj Kumar
Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, The Michael Smith Building Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Science 353:166-9. 2016..Analysis of Arabidopsis CESA7 reveals four cysteines in variable region 2 (VR2) and two cysteines at the carboxy terminus (CT) as S-acylation ..
- Golgi-localized STELLO proteins regulate the assembly and trafficking of cellulose synthase complexes in ArabidopsisYi Zhang
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology, Am Muehlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam, Germany
Nat Commun 7:11656. 2016..Point mutations in the predicted catalytic domains of the STELLO proteins indicate that they are glycosyltransferases facing the Golgi lumen. Hence, we have uncovered proteins that regulate CSC assembly in the plant Golgi apparatus. ..
- Visualization of cellulose synthases in Arabidopsis secondary cell wallsY Watanabe
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada Department of Wood Science, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Science 350:198-203. 2015..The formation of secondary cell wall thickenings was associated with a redistribution and enrichment of CESA7-containing cellulose synthase complexes (CSCs) into narrow membrane domains...
- Phylogenetically distinct cellulose synthase genes support secondary wall thickening in arabidopsis shoot trichomes and cotton fiberLissete Betancur
Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
J Integr Plant Biol 52:205-20. 2010....
- Identifying new components participating in the secondary cell wall formation of vessel elements in zinnia and ArabidopsisSatoshi Endo
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Plant Cell 21:1155-65. 2009..Our strategy has succeeded in finding two novel components in SCW formation and has opened the door for in-depth analysis of their molecular functions...
- Interactions between membrane-bound cellulose synthases involved in the synthesis of the secondary cell wallJaap Timmers
CRC Wageningen, Wageningen University and Research Centre, 6703 HD Wageningen, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 583:978-82. 2009..A model is proposed for the secondary rosette structure. The RING-motif proved not to be essential for the interaction between the CESA proteins...
- Complexes with mixed primary and secondary cellulose synthases are functional in Arabidopsis plantsAndrew Carroll
Department of Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Plant Physiol 160:726-37. 2012..were used to assess the interactions between three primary (CESA1, CESA3, CESA6), and three secondary (CESA4, CESA7, CESA8) Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) CESAs...
- Elucidating the mechanisms of assembly and subunit interaction of the cellulose synthase complex of Arabidopsis secondary cell wallsIvan I Atanassov
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:3833-41. 2009..with preferential purification of CESA monomers, we developed a strategy based on dual epitope tagging of the CESA7 protein to select for CESA multimers...
- Cell wall composition contributes to the control of transpiration efficiency in Arabidopsis thalianaYun Kuan Liang
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UG, UK
Plant J 64:679-86. 2010..We report the identification of a new allele of the Arabidopsis CesA7 cellulose synthase locus designated AtCesA7(irx3-5) involved in the control of TE. Leaves of the AtCesA7(irx3-5) mutant are warmer than the wild type (WT)...
- Mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana with altered cell wall polysaccharide compositionW D Reiter
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269, USA
Plant J 12:335-45. 1997..Mutants with complex changes in monosaccharide composition are represented by the mur9, mur10 and mur11 loci...
- Identification of cellulose synthase AtCesA7 (IRX3) in vivo phosphorylation sites--a potential role in regulating protein degradationNeil G Taylor
Centre for Novel Agricultural Products, Department of Biology, University of York, York, YO10 5DD, UK
Plant Mol Biol 64:161-71. 2007..one of the cellulose synthases essential for secondary cell wall cellulose synthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana, AtCesA7, is phosphorylated in vivo...
- SND1, a NAC domain transcription factor, is a key regulator of secondary wall synthesis in fibers of ArabidopsisRuiqin Zhong
Department of Plant Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Plant Cell 18:3158-70. 2006..Together, our results reveal that SND1 is a key transcriptional activator involved in secondary wall biosynthesis in fibers...
- Interactions between MUR10/CesA7-dependent secondary cellulose biosynthesis and primary cell wall structureSonia Bosca
John Innes Centre, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 142:1353-63. 2006..It is presently unknown whether and how these processes are interrelated. The Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) MUR10 gene is required for normal primary cell wall carbohydrate composition in mature leaves as well as for normal ..
- Identification of novel genes in Arabidopsis involved in secondary cell wall formation using expression profiling and reverse geneticsDavid M Brown
Faculty of Life Science, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT United Kingdom
Plant Cell 17:2281-95. 2005..similar expression pattern to the secondary cell wall-specific cellulose synthase genes IRREGULAR XYLEM1 (IRX1) and IRX3. Cross-referencing this analysis with publicly available microarray data resulted in the selection of 16 genes for ..
- Interactions among three distinct CesA proteins essential for cellulose synthesisNeil G Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1450-5. 2003..have an identical phenotype to previously described mutations in two other members of this gene family (IRX1 and IRX3)...
- The irregular xylem3 locus of Arabidopsis encodes a cellulose synthase required for secondary cell wall synthesisN G Taylor
University of Manchester, School of Biological Science, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Plant Cell 11:769-80. 1999The irregular xylem3 (irx3) mutant of Arabidopsis has a severe deficiency in secondary cell wall cellulose deposition that leads to collapsed xylem cells...
- Structure of cellulose-deficient secondary cell walls from the irx3 mutant of Arabidopsis thalianaMarie Ann Ha
Chemistry Department, Glasgow University, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK
Phytochemistry 61:7-14. 2002In the Arabidopsis mutant irx3, truncation of the AtCesA7 gene encoding a xylem-specific cellulose synthase results in reduced cellulose synthesis in the affected xylem cells and collapse of mature xylem vessels...