Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LKP2
Description: LOV KELCH protein 2
Alias: ADAGIO 2, ADO2, LOV KELCH protein 2
Species: thale cress
- Arabidopsis CRY2 and ZTL mediate blue-light regulation of the transcription factor CIB1 by distinct mechanismsHongtao Liu
National Key Laboratory of Plant Molecular Genetics, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:17582-7. 2013..Instead, two of the three light-oxygen-voltage (LOV)-domain photoreceptors, ZEITLUPE and LOV KELCH PROTEIN 2, but not FLAVIN-BINDING KELCH REPEAT 1, are required for the function and blue-light suppression of ..
- Arabidopsis TOE proteins convey a photoperiodic signal to antagonize CONSTANS and regulate flowering timeBailong Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Collaborative Innovation Center of Genetics and Development, Institute of Plant Biology, Center for Evolutionary Biology, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200438, China Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Biodiversity and Ecological Engineering, Institute of Biodiversity Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200438, China
Genes Dev 29:975-87. 2015..In addition, TOE1 interacts with the LOV domain of FKF1 and likely interferes with the FKF1-CO interaction, resulting in partial degradation of the CO protein in the afternoon to prevent premature flowering...
- A role for LKP2 in the circadian clock of ArabidopsisT F Schultz
Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Plant Cell 13:2659-70. 2001A third member of the ZTL gene family was identified in the Arabidopsis genome and was named LKP2 (for LOV kelch protein2). A cDNA was isolated corresponding to this gene, and plants overexpressing LKP2 were generated...
- Targeted degradation of TOC1 by ZTL modulates circadian function in Arabidopsis thalianaPaloma Mas
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 426:567-70. 2003..Our results show that the TOC1-ZTL interaction is important in the control of TOC1 protein stability, and is probably responsible for the regulation of circadian period by the clock...
- Identification of ASK and clock-associated proteins as molecular partners of LKP2 (LOV kelch protein 2) in ArabidopsisMasahiro Yasuhara
Gene Research Center, Kagawa University, 2393 Ikenobe, Miki cho Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
J Exp Bot 55:2015-27. 2004..have a LOV domain, an F-box motif, and a kelch repeat region. LKP2 is a member of this family and functions either within or very close to the circadian oscillator in Arabidopsis...
- Identification of LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2)-interacting factors that can recruit LKP2 to nuclear bodiesYosuke Fukamatsu
Division of Gene Research, Life Science Research Center, Kagawa University, 2393 Ikenobe, Miki cho Kita gun, Kagawa, 761 0795 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 46:1340-9. 2005LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2) is an F-box protein that has been postulated to function centrally, or near to the circadian clock oscillator...
- FKF1 F-box protein mediates cyclic degradation of a repressor of CONSTANS in ArabidopsisTakato Imaizumi
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Science 309:293-7. 2005..CDF1 and CO are expressed in the same tissues, and CDF1 binds to the CO promoter. Thus, FKF1 controls daily CO expression in part by degrading CDF1, a repressor of CO transcription...
- ZEITLUPE is a circadian photoreceptor stabilized by GIGANTEA in blue lightWoe Yeon Kim
Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology Plant Biotechnology Center, Ohio State University, 054 Rightmire Hall, 1060 Carmack Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Nature 449:356-60. 2007..This mechanism of establishing and sustaining robust oscillations of ZTL results in the high-amplitude TOC1 rhythms necessary for proper clock function...
- F-box proteins FKF1 and LKP2 act in concert with ZEITLUPE to control Arabidopsis clock progressionAntoine Baudry
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Plant Cell 22:606-22. 2010..Here, we report that FLAVIN BINDING, KELCH REPEAT, F-BOX1 (FKF1) and LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2) play similar roles to ZTL in the circadian clock when ZTL is absent...
- LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 and ZEITLUPE repress Arabidopsis photoperiodic flowering under non-inductive conditions, dependent on FLAVIN-BINDING KELCH REPEAT F-BOX1Tomoyuki Takase
Department of Life Science, Faculty of Science, Gakushuin University, 1 5 1 Mejiro, Toshima ku, Tokyo 171 8588, Japan
Plant J 67:608-21. 2011LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2), ZEITLUPE (ZTL)/LOV KELCH PROTEIN1 (LKP1) and FLAVIN-BINDING KELCH REPEAT F-BOX1 (FKF1) constitute a family of Arabidopsis F-box proteins that regulate the circadian clock...
- An Arabidopsis circadian clock component interacts with both CRY1 and phyBJ A Jarillo
Plant Science Institute, Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6018, USA
Nature 410:487-90. 2001..Both yeast two-hybrid and in vitro binding studies show that there is a physical interaction between ADO1 and the photoreceptors CRY1 and phyB. We propose that ADO1 is an important component of the Arabidopsis circadian system...