Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LUMINIDEPENDENS
Description: Homeodomain-like superfamily protein
Alias: T10P11.15, T10P11_15, luminidependens
Species: thale cress
- Luminidependens (LD) is an Arabidopsis protein with prion behaviorSohini Chakrabortee
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:6065-70. 2016..Uniquely, the Luminidependens PrD (LDPrD) fully replaced the prion-domain functions of a well-characterized yeast prion, Sup35...
- The Arabidopsis flowering-time gene LUMINIDEPENDENS is expressed primarily in regions of cell proliferation and encodes a nuclear protein that regulates LEAFY expressionM J Aukerman
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706 1544, USA
Plant J 18:195-203. 1999Mutations in the LUMINIDEPENDENS (LD) gene of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. (Arabidopsis) confer a late-flowering phenotype, indicating that LD normally functions to promote the floral transition...
- The early-flowering mutant efs is involved in the autonomous promotion pathway of Arabidopsis thalianaW J Soppe
Laboratory of Genetics, Wageningen University, Dreijenlaan 2, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Development 126:4763-70. 1999..By comparing the length of the juvenile and adult phases of vegetative growth for wild-type, efs and the double mutant plants, it is apparent that efs mainly reduces the length of the adult phase...
- Flowering of Arabidopsis cop1 mutants in darknessMayu Nakagawa
Division of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, N10 W8, Sapporo, 060 0810 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 45:398-406. 2004..The delay in flowering in the double mutants was not strongly influenced by the light conditions, whereas that of the gi-2 cop1-6 double mutant was reduced in darkness...
- HUA2 is required for the expression of floral repressors in Arabidopsis thalianaMark R Doyle
Department of Biochemistry, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 1544, USA
Plant J 41:376-85. 2005..hua2 mutations suppress late flowering by reducing the expression of several MADS genes that act as floral repressors including FLOWERING LOCUS C (FLC ) and FLOWERING LOCUS M (FLM )...
- SUPPRESSOR OF FRIGIDA4, encoding a C2H2-Type zinc finger protein, represses flowering by transcriptional activation of Arabidopsis FLOWERING LOCUS CSanghee Kim
National Research Laboratory of Plant Developmental Genetics, Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Plant Cell 18:2985-98. 2006..In addition, suf4 suppresses luminidependens (ld), a late-flowering mutation that causes an increase of FLC, and SUF4 protein directly interacts with LD...
- A single amino acid change in the enhancer of zeste ortholog CURLY LEAF results in vernalization-independent, rapid flowering in ArabidopsisMark R Doyle
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1544, USA
Plant Physiol 151:1688-97. 2009..Furthermore, FRI appears to affect CLF occupancy at FLC; thus, our work provides insight into the molecular role that FRI plays in delaying the onset of flowering...
- Isolation of LUMINIDEPENDENS: a gene involved in the control of flowering time in ArabidopsisI Lee
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706 1569
Plant Cell 6:75-83. 1994..To study this process, we isolated a gene, LUMINIDEPENDENS (LD), that is involved in the timing of flowering in Arabidopsis...