Gene Symbol: OBF5
Description: OCS-element binding factor 5
Alias: MOJ9.13, MOJ9_13, OCS-element binding factor 5, TGA5, TGACG MOTIF-BINDING FACTOR 5
Species: thale cress
- Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networksChristopher D Deppmann
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 23:1480-92. 2006..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution...
- The Arabidopsis NPR1/NIM1 protein enhances the DNA binding activity of a subgroup of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factorsC Despres
National Research Council Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 0W9
Plant Cell 12:279-90. 2000..Coupled with observations that the DNA binding activity of TGA factors is deregulated in npr1 plants, the results suggest that NPR1-mediated DNA binding of TGA2 is critical for activation of defense genes...
- Isolation and characterization of two related Arabidopsis ocs-element bZIP binding proteinsB Zhang
Department of Biology, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Plant J 4:711-6. 1993..The genes, called OBF4 and OBF5, were isolated by screening an Arabidopsis genomic library with degenerate oligonucleotides complementary to the ..
- Interactions between distinct types of DNA binding proteins enhance binding to ocs element promoter sequencesB Zhang
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California Los Angeles 90095 1606, USA
Plant Cell 7:2241-52. 1995..plant basic domain-leucine zipper transcription factors, have been isolated and include the Arabidopsis OBF4 and OBF5 genes...
- Interaction of NPR1 with basic leucine zipper protein transcription factors that bind sequences required for salicylic acid induction of the PR-1 geneY Zhang
Developmental, Cell, and Molecular Biology Group, Department of Botany, Box 91000, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708 1000, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:6523-8. 1999..thaliana PR-1 gene. These data suggest that NPR1 may regulate PR-1 gene expression by interacting with a subclass of basic leucine zipper protein transcription factors...
- NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acidJ M Zhou
Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway 08854 8020, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 13:191-202. 2000..members were tested and shown to differentially interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no detectable interaction with NPR1, ..
- Over-expression of TGA5, which encodes a bZIP transcription factor that interacts with NIM1/NPR1, confers SAR-independent resistance in Arabidopsis thaliana to Peronospora parasiticaHan Suk Kim
Cornell University, Department of Plant Pathology, 360 Plant Science Bldg, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Plant J 32:151-63. 2002..We identified, in a yeast two-hybrid screen, two NIM1/NPR1 interacting proteins, TGA2 and TGA5, which belong to the basic region, leucine zipper (bZIP) family of transcription factors...
- An Arabidopsis NPR1-like gene, NPR4, is required for disease resistanceGuosheng Liu
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W9, Canada
Plant J 41:304-18. 2005..These results indicate that NPR4 is required for basal defense against pathogens, and that it may be implicated in the cross-talk between the SA- and JA-dependent signaling pathways...
- Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogsYuelin Zhang
National Institute of Biological Sciences, 7 Science Park Road, Zhongguancun Life Science Park, Beijing, People s Republic of China 102206
Plant J 48:647-56. 2006..NPR3 and NPR4 interact with TGA2, TGA3, TGA5 and TGA6 in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- SIAMESE, a plant-specific cell cycle regulator, controls endoreplication onset in Arabidopsis thalianaMichelle L Churchman
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803, USA
Plant Cell 18:3145-57. 2006..We hypothesize that SIM encodes a plant-specific CDK inhibitor with a key function in the mitosis-to-endoreplication transition...
- The Arabidopsis GRAS protein SCL14 interacts with class II TGA transcription factors and is essential for the activation of stress-inducible promotersBenjamin Fode
Albrecht von Haller Institut fur Pflanzenwissenschaften, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Plant Cell 20:3122-35. 2008..Chromatin immunoprecipitation experiments revealed that class II TGA factors TGA2, TGA5, and/or TGA6 are needed to recruit SCL14 to promoters of selected SCL14 target genes identified by whole-genome ..
- Arabidopsis thaliana class-II TGA transcription factors are essential activators of jasmonic acid/ethylene-induced defense responsesMark Zander
Albrecht von Haller Institut fuer Pflanzenwissenschaften, Georg August Universitaet Goettingen, Untere Karspuele 2, D 37073 Goettingen, Germany
Plant J 61:200-10. 2010The three closely related Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factors TGA2, TGA5 and TGA6 are required for the establishment of the salicylic acid (SA)-dependent plant defense response systemic acquired resistance, which ..