Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PFT1
Description: phytochrome and flowering time regulatory protein (PFT1)
Alias: F2J7.4, F2J7_4, MED25, PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME 1, mediator 25
Species: thale cress
- Acceleration of flowering during shade avoidance in Arabidopsis alters the balance between FLOWERING LOCUS C-mediated repression and photoperiodic induction of floweringAmanda C Wollenberg
Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 148:1681-94. 2008..Finally, our analysis of the contribution of PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME1 (PFT1) to shade-mediated rapid flowering has led us to suggest a new model for the involvement of PFT1 in light signaling.
- Purification of a plant mediator from Arabidopsis thaliana identifies PFT1 as the Med25 subunitStefan Bäckström
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, KBC, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Mol Cell 26:717-29. 2007..Most notably, we identify the A. thaliana proteins STRUWWELPETER (SWP) and PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME 1 (PFT1) as the Med14 and Med25 subunits, respectively...
- Regulation of flowering time by light qualityPablo D Cerdán
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Plant Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 423:881-5. 2003..Here we identify PFT1 (PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME 1), a nuclear protein that acts in a phyB pathway and induces flowering in response to suboptimal light ..
- The mediator complex subunit PFT1 is a key regulator of jasmonate-dependent defense in ArabidopsisBrendan N Kidd
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization Plant Industry, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, Queensland 4067, Australia
Plant Cell 21:2237-52. 2009..We report that the PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME1 (PFT1) gene, which encodes the MEDIATOR25 subunit of Mediator, is required for jasmonate-dependent defense gene ..
- The Arabidopsis thaliana Med25 mediator subunit integrates environmental cues to control plant developmentNils Elfving
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea Plant Science Center, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8245-50. 2011..We here show that a linear 130-amino-acids-long sequence in the Med25 subunit of the Arabidopsis thaliana Mediator is a common target for the drought response element binding protein ..
- Interactions between DNA, transcriptional regulator Dreb2a and the Med25 mediator subunit from Arabidopsis thaliana involve conformational changesJeanette Blomberg
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 40:5938-50. 2012..By using purified transcription factor Dreb2a, mediator subunit Med25 from Arabidopsis thaliana, and a combination of biochemical and biophysical methods, we show that binding of ..
- The Mediator complex subunits MED25/PFT1 and MED8 are required for transcriptional responses to changes in cell wall arabinose composition and glucose treatment in Arabidopsis thalianaMathilde Séguéla-Arnaud
Cell and Developmental Biology Department, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich, NR4 7UH, UK
BMC Plant Biol 15:215. 2015..To balance rigidity and extensibility, the composition and integrity of cell wall components need to be tightly regulated, for example during cell elongation...
- Structural basis of JAZ repression of MYC transcription factors in jasmonate signallingFeng Zhang
Laboratory of Structural Sciences and Laboratory of Structural Biology and Biochemistry, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
Nature 525:269-73. 2015..In this position, the Jas helix competitively inhibits MYC3 interaction with the MED25 subunit of the transcriptional Mediator complex...
- CYCLIN-DEPENDENT KINASE8 differentially regulates plant immunity to fungal pathogens through kinase-dependent and -independent functions in ArabidopsisYingfang Zhu
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907
Plant Cell 26:4149-70. 2014..2 and its interaction with MEDIATOR COMPLEX SUBUNIT25 (MED25) implicate CDK8 in jasmonate-mediated defense...
- VP16 fusion induces the multiple-knockout phenotype of redundant transcriptional repressors partly by Med25-independent mechanisms in ArabidopsisSumire Fujiwara
Bioproduction Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba Central 6, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan Electronic address
FEBS Lett 588:3665-72. 2014..Loss-of-function of transcriptional coactivator Mediator25 did not affect VP16 activity despite their in vivo interaction, suggesting the existence of other key mechanism(s) in plants. ..
- The conserved PFT1 tandem repeat is crucial for proper flowering in Arabidopsis thalianaPauline Rival
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195
Genetics 198:747-54. 2014..One such STR occurs in the Arabidopsis thaliana gene PFT1 (MED25), where it encodes an interrupted polyglutamine tract...
- Interaction studies of the human and Arabidopsis thaliana Med25-ACID proteins with the herpes simplex virus VP16- and plant-specific Dreb2a transcription factorsXimena Aguilar
Department of Chemistry, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
PLoS ONE 9:e98575. 2014..The Arabidopsis thaliana Med25 (aMed25) ACtivation Interaction Domain (ACID) interacts with the Dreb2a activator which is involved in plant ..
- Do PFT1 and HY5 interact in regulation of sulfate assimilation by light in Arabidopsis?Anna Koprivova
Department of Metabolic Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
FEBS Lett 588:1116-21. 2014..Here we show evidence that PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME 1 (PFT1) may be another component of the sulfate assimilation regulatory circuit...
- The Arabidopsis Mediator subunit MED16 regulates iron homeostasis by associating with EIN3/EIL1 through subunit MED25Yan Yang
State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, Peking Tsinghua Center for Life Sciences, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, China
Plant J 77:838-51. 2014..We demonstrated that YID1/MED16 interacted with another subunit, MED25. MED25 played an important role in regulation of iron homeostasis by interacting with EIN3 and EIL1, two ..
- PFT1-controlled ROS balance is critical for multiple stages of root hair development in ArabidopsisKalaipandian Sundaravelpandian
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology Academia Sinica Taipei, Taiwan Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences Taiwan International Graduate Program National Chung Hsing University Academia Sinica Taipei, Taiwan Graduate Institute of Biotechnology National Chung Hsing University Taichung, Taiwan
Plant Signal Behav 8:e24066. 2013..Mutations in the Mediator subunit MED25/PFT1 result in compromised root hair development, due to altered expression of a suite of H₂O₂-producing class ..
- PFT1, the MED25 subunit of the plant Mediator complex, promotes flowering through CONSTANS dependent and independent mechanisms in ArabidopsisSabrina Iñigo
Fundacion Instituto Leloir, IIBBA CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Plant J 69:601-12. 2012..Other phytochromes like phyD and phyE seem to have redundant roles with phyB. PFT1, the MED25 subunit of the plant Mediator complex, has been proposed to act in the light-quality pathway that regulates ..
- PFT1, a transcriptional Mediator complex subunit, controls root hair differentiation through reactive oxygen species (ROS) distribution in ArabidopsisKalaipandian Sundaravelpandian
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
New Phytol 197:151-61. 2013..Genetic evidence indicates that the Mediator subunits PFT1/MED25 and MED8 are critical for root hair differentiation, but act via separate mechanisms...
- Proteasome-mediated turnover of Arabidopsis MED25 is coupled to the activation of FLOWERING LOCUS T transcriptionSabrina Iñigo
Fundacion Instituto Leloir, IIBBA Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas, C1405BWE Buenos Aires, Argentina
Plant Physiol 160:1662-73. 2012..Here, we show that, in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana), PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME1 (PFT1), the MEDIATOR25 (MED25) subunit of the plant Mediator complex, is degraded by the proteasome and that proteasome-mediated PFT1 turnover ..
- MEDIATOR25 acts as an integrative hub for the regulation of jasmonate-responsive gene expression in ArabidopsisVolkan Cevik
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Wellesbourne, Warwick CV35 9EF, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 160:541-55. 2012The PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME1 gene encoding the MEDIATOR25 (MED25) subunit of the eukaryotic Mediator complex is a positive regulator of jasmonate (JA)-responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- The Arabidopsis mediator subunit MED25 differentially regulates jasmonate and abscisic acid signaling through interacting with the MYC2 and ABI5 transcription factorsRong Chen
State Key Laboratory of Plant Genomics, National Centre for Plant Gene Research Beijing, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Plant Cell 24:2898-916. 2012..Here, we report the action mechanisms of the MEDIATOR25 (MED25) subunit of the Arabidopsis thaliana Mediator in regulating jasmonate- and abscisic acid (ABA)-triggered gene ..
- The mediator complex subunit PFT1 interferes with COP1 and HY5 in the regulation of Arabidopsis light signalingCornelia Klose
Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Faculty of Biology, Institut für Biologie 2, Botanik, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Plant Physiol 160:289-307. 2012..The dominant eid3 mutant carries a missense mutation in a conserved domain of PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME1 (PFT1), an important component of the plant mediator coactivator complex, which links promoter-bound transcriptional ..
- Control of final organ size by Mediator complex subunit 25 in Arabidopsis thalianaRan Xu
State Key Laboratory of Plant Cell and Chromosome Engineering, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Development 138:4545-54. 2011..The eod8-1 mutation was identified, using a map-based cloning approach, in Mediator complex subunit 25 (MED25; also known as PFT1), which is involved in the transcriptional regulation of gene expression...
- A high-throughput screening system for Arabidopsis transcription factors and its application to Med25-dependent transcriptional regulationBin Ou
National Laboratory for Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, People s Republic of China
Mol Plant 4:546-55. 2011..We used this system to identify eight TFs that interact with a Mediator subunit, Med25, a key regulator in JA signaling...
- HYPERSENSITIVE TO RED AND BLUE 1 and its C-terminal regulatory function control FLOWERING LOCUS T expressionXiaojun Kang
Department of Plant Biology, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Plant J 52:937-48. 2007..Overexpression of HRB1 did not affect the expression of the central clock oscillators, TOC1 and CCA1. HRB1 therefore represents a signaling step that regulates FT expression downstream of red and blue light perception...