Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNRK2.4
Description: Protein kinase superfamily protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS SERINE/THREONINE KINASE 1, ARABIDOPSIS SKP1 HOMOLOGUE 1, ASK1, SNF1-related protein kinase 2.4, SNRK2-4, SRK2A, SUCROSE NONFERMENTING 1-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE 2-4
Species: thale cress
- EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-specific light signalingM Dieterle
Universitat Freiburg, Institut für Biologie 2 Botanik, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Genes Dev 15:939-44. 2001..EID1 most probably acts by targeting activated components of the phyA signaling pathway to ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis...
- Identification of nine sucrose nonfermenting 1-related protein kinases 2 activated by hyperosmotic and saline stresses in Arabidopsis thalianaMarie Boudsocq
Institut des Sciences du Vegetal, UPR 2355, CNRS, 1 ave de la terrasse, 91198 Gif Yvette cedex, France
J Biol Chem 279:41758-66. 2004..The probable involvement of the different Arabidopsis SnRK2 in several abiotic transduction pathways is discussed...
- Arabidopsis decuple mutant reveals the importance of SnRK2 kinases in osmotic stress responses in vivoHiroaki Fujii
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1717-22. 2011..These results demonstrate critical functions of the SnRK2s in mediating osmotic stress signaling and tolerance...
- Identification and functional characterization of the Arabidopsis Snf1-related protein kinase SnRK2.4 phosphatidic acid-binding domainMagdalena M Julkowska
Plant Physiology, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, 1098 XH, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plant Cell Environ 38:614-24. 2015..Together, this study biochemically characterizes the PA-SnRK2.4 interaction and shows that functionality of the SnRK2.4 PABD affects root development. ..
- Plant responses to ethylene gas are mediated by SCF(EBF1/EBF2)-dependent proteolysis of EIN3 transcription factorHongwei Guo
Plant Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cell 115:667-77. 2003..These results reveal that a ubiquitin/proteasome pathway negatively regulates ethylene responses by targeting EIN3 for degradation, and pinpoint EIN3 regulation as the key step in the response to ethylene...
- EIN3-dependent regulation of plant ethylene hormone signaling by two arabidopsis F box proteins: EBF1 and EBF2Thomas Potuschak
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire des Plantes du CNRS, 12 rue du Général Zimmer, 67084 Cedex, Strasbourg, France
Cell 115:679-89. 2003..Our work places EBF1 and EBF2 within the genetic framework of the ethylene-response pathway and supports a model in which ethylene action depends on EIN3 protein stabilization...
- Catalytic mechanism and kinase interactions of ABA-signaling PP2C phosphatasesX Edward Zhou
Laboratory of Structural Sciences, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Plant Signal Behav 7:581-8. 2012..6-HAB1 complex, we present the catalytic mechanism of PP2C and provide new insight into PP2C-SnRK2 interactions and possible roles of other SnRK2 kinases in ABA signaling...
- Control of plant germline proliferation by SCF(FBL17) degradation of cell cycle inhibitorsHyo Jung Kim
Division of Molecular Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang 790 784, South Korea
Nature 455:1134-7. 2008..Our results identify SCF(FBL17) as an essential male germ cell proliferation complex that promotes twin sperm cell production and double fertilization in flowering plants...
- SNF1-related protein kinases type 2 are involved in plant responses to cadmium stressAnna Kulik
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Plant Physiol 160:868-83. 2012..Concluding, the obtained results indicate that SnRK2s play a role in the regulation of plant tolerance to cadmium, most probably by controlling ROS accumulation triggered by cadmium ions...
- The Snf1-related protein kinases SnRK2.4 and SnRK2.10 are involved in maintenance of root system architecture during salt stressFionn McLoughlin
University of Amsterdam, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Section of Plant Physiology, Postbus 94215, 1090GE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plant J 72:436-49. 2012..4/2.10 to membranes upon exposure to salt, supporting their observed binding affinity for the phospholipid phosphatidic acid. Together, our results reveal a role for SnRK2.4 and -2.10 in root growth and architecture in saline conditions...
- Functional analysis of EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-dependent light signal transductionKatia Marrocco
Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg i Br, Institut für Biologie 2 Botanik, Schänzlestr 1, 79104 Freiburg i Br, Germany
Plant J 45:423-38. 2006..Finally, our data indicate that the EID1 target interaction domain is composed of two independent modules...
- A new CULLIN 1 mutant has altered responses to hormones and light in ArabidopsisJennifer Moon
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Plant Physiol 143:684-96. 2007..Characterization of weak cul1 mutants provides insight into the role of SCFs throughout plant growth and development...
- Forward genetic analysis of the circadian clock separates the multiple functions of ZEITLUPEEva Kevei
Institute of Plant Biology, Biological Research Centre of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged
Plant Physiol 140:933-45. 2006..Forward genetics continues to provide insight regarding both known and newly discovered components of the circadian system, although current approaches have saturated mutations at some loci...
- The UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is an F-box protein required for normal patterning and growth in the floral meristemA Samach
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T1Z4, Canada
Plant J 20:433-45. 1999..It is therefore possible that the role of UFO is to target for degradation specific proteins controlling normal growth patterns in the floral primordia, as well as proteins that negatively regulate APETALA 3 transcription...
- Characterization of a novel temperature-sensitive allele of the CUL1/AXR6 subunit of SCF ubiquitin-ligasesMarcel Quint
Department of Plant Biology, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Plant J 43:371-83. 2005..The recessive inheritance and the temperature-sensitive nature of the pleiotropically acting axr6-3 mutation opens promising possibilities for the identification and investigation of SCF-regulated pathways in Arabidopsis...
- Formation of an SCF(ZTL) complex is required for proper regulation of circadian timingLinqu Han
Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Plant J 40:291-301. 2004..Co-immunoprecipitation of full-length (FL) ZTL with the three known core components of SCF complexes (ASK1, AtCUL1 and AtRBX1) demonstrates that ZTL can assemble into an SCF complex in vivo...
- Identification of ASK and clock-associated proteins as molecular partners of LKP2 (LOV kelch protein 2) in ArabidopsisMasahiro Yasuhara
Gene Research Center, Kagawa University, 2393 Ikenobe, Miki cho Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
J Exp Bot 55:2015-27. 2004..An interaction between LKP2 and APRR5, a paralogue of TOC1, was also observed, but LKP2 did not interact with APRR3, APRR7, or APRR9, other paralogues of TOC1...
- The COP9 signalosome interacts with SCF UFO and participates in Arabidopsis flower developmentXiping Wang
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Plant Cell 15:1071-82. 2003..We conclude that CSN is an essential regulator of Arabidopsis flower development and suggest that CSN regulates Arabidopsis flower development in part by modulating SCF(UFO)-mediated AP3 activation...