Gene Symbol: TGA1
Description: bZIP transcription factor family protein
Alias: MQN23.15, MQN23_15, TGACG sequence-specific binding protein 1
Species: thale cress
- NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acidJ M Zhou
Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway 08854 8020, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 13:191-202. 2000..interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no detectable interaction with NPR1, respectively...
- The Arabidopsis NPR1 disease resistance protein is a novel cofactor that confers redox regulation of DNA binding activity to the basic domain/leucine zipper transcription factor TGA1Charles Despres
Department of Biological Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada L2S 3A1
Plant Cell 15:2181-91. 2003..Here, we report that although TGA1 does not interact with NPR1 in yeast two-hybrid assays, treatment with salicylic acid induces the interaction ..
- Genetic interactions of TGA transcription factors in the regulation of pathogenesis-related genes and disease resistance in ArabidopsisMeenu Kesarwani
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Plant Physiol 144:336-46. 2007..b>TGA1 and TGA4 play partially redundant roles in regulation of basal resistance, having only moderate effects on PR gene ..
- Redox regulation of the NPR1-TGA1 system of Arabidopsis thaliana by nitric oxideChristian Lindermayr
Institute of Biochemical Plant Pathology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Plant Cell 22:2894-907. 2010..The role of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species in local and systemic defense reactions is well documented. NPR1 and TGA1 are key redox-controlled regulators of systemic acquired resistance in plants...
- Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networksChristopher D Deppmann
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 23:1480-92. 2006..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution...
- Arabidopsis clade I TGA factors regulate apoplastic defences against the bacterial pathogen Pseudomonas syringae through endoplasmic reticulum-based processesLipu Wang
Department of Biology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada National Research Council Canada, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e77378. 2013..The Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper transcription factors TGA1 and TGA4, which comprise the clade I TGA factors, have been shown to positively contribute to disease resistance ..
- Systems approach identifies TGA1 and TGA4 transcription factors as important regulatory components of the nitrate response of Arabidopsis thaliana rootsJose M Alvarez
Departamento de Genetica Molecular y Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, FONDAP Center for Genome Regulation, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago 8331150, Chile Departamento de Genética Molecular y Microbiología, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Millennium Nucleus Center for Plant Functional Genomics, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago 8331150, Chile
Plant J 80:1-13. 2014..Using an integrative bioinformatics approach we identified TGA1 and TGA4 as putative regulatory factors that mediate nitrate responses in Arabidopsis roots...
- NIMIN-1, NIMIN-2 and NIMIN-3, members of a novel family of proteins from Arabidopsis that interact with NPR1/NIM1, a key regulator of systemic acquired resistance in plantsR R Weigel
Universitat Hohenheim, Institut fur Genetik, FG Allgemeine Virologie, Stuttgart, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 46:143-60. 2001..Taken together, these data indicate that the NIMIN proteins, via physical interaction with NPR1/NIM1, are part of the signal transduction pathway leading to SAR gene expression in Arabidopsis...
- TGA1 and G-box binding factors: two distinct classes of Arabidopsis leucine zipper proteins compete for the G-box-like element TGACGTGGU Schindler
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6018
Plant Cell 4:1309-19. 1992..Here we describe the isolation of an Arabidopsis bZIP protein, denoted TGA1, that also recognizes ACGT-containing sequences...
- Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogsYuelin Zhang
National Institute of Biological Sciences, 7 Science Park Road, Zhongguancun Life Science Park, Beijing, People s Republic of China 102206
Plant J 48:647-56. 2006....