Gene Symbol: TGA3
Description: transcription factor TGA3
Alias: F2E2.14, F2E2_14, TGA1A-related gene 3, TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR TGA3
Species: thale cress
- An Arabidopsis NPR1-like gene, NPR4, is required for disease resistanceGuosheng Liu
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W9, Canada
Plant J 41:304-18. 2005..These results indicate that NPR4 is required for basal defense against pathogens, and that it may be implicated in the cross-talk between the SA- and JA-dependent signaling pathways...
- Calmodulin isoforms differentially enhance the binding of cauliflower nuclear proteins and recombinant TGA3 to a region derived from the Arabidopsis Cam-3 promoterD B Szymanski
Department of Plant Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801 3838, USA
Plant Cell 8:1069-77. 1996..CaM also binds recombinant TGA3 and enhances its binding to the same Cam-3 promoter element...
- Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networksChristopher D Deppmann
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 23:1480-92. 2006..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution...
- Nuclear activity of ROXY1, a glutaredoxin interacting with TGA factors, is required for petal development in Arabidopsis thalianaShutian Li
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, 50829 Cologne, Germany
Plant Cell 21:429-41. 2009..Additionally, ROXY1 affects later petal morphogenesis, probably by modulating other TGA factors that might act redundantly during differentiation of second whorl organs...
- TGA3 is a distinct member of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors in Arabidopsis thalianaZ H Miao
AgBiotech Center, Waksman Institute, Rutgers State University, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Plant Mol Biol 25:1-11. 1994..to find a model plant system that may have less genomic complexity, we have now characterized a TGA1a-related gene (TGA3) from Arabidopsis thaliana...
- NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acidJ M Zhou
Waksman Institute and Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway 08854 8020, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 13:191-202. 2000..Six TGA family members were tested and shown to differentially interact with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no ..
- The Arabidopsis NPR1/NIM1 protein enhances the DNA binding activity of a subgroup of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factorsC Despres
National Research Council Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute, 110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 0W9
Plant Cell 12:279-90. 2000..Coupled with observations that the DNA binding activity of TGA factors is deregulated in npr1 plants, the results suggest that NPR1-mediated DNA binding of TGA2 is critical for activation of defense genes...
- BLADE-ON-PETIOLE-dependent signaling controls leaf and floral patterning in ArabidopsisShelley R Hepworth
Department of Botany, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z4
Plant Cell 17:1434-48. 2005....
- Negative regulation of defense responses in Arabidopsis by two NPR1 paralogsYuelin Zhang
National Institute of Biological Sciences, 7 Science Park Road, Zhongguancun Life Science Park, Beijing, People s Republic of China 102206
Plant J 48:647-56. 2006..NPR3 and NPR4 interact with TGA2, TGA3, TGA5 and TGA6 in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- Genetic interactions of TGA transcription factors in the regulation of pathogenesis-related genes and disease resistance in ArabidopsisMeenu Kesarwani
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Plant Physiol 144:336-46. 2007..In this study, we characterized six TGA factors by reverse genetics. We show that TGA3 is required for both basal and 2,6-dichloroisonicotinic acid-induced transcription of PR genes...
- The cytokinin-activated transcription factor ARR2 promotes plant immunity via TGA3/NPR1-dependent salicylic acid signaling in ArabidopsisJaemyung Choi
Department of Life Sciences, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea
Dev Cell 19:284-95. 2010..The salicylic acid (SA) response factor TGA3 binds ARR2, and mutation of TGA-binding cis-elements in the Pr1 promoter abolished cytokinin- and ARR2-dependent ..
- The ROXY1 C-terminal L**LL motif is essential for the interaction with TGA transcription factorsShutian Li
Department of Biology, Botany, University of Osnabruck, 49076 Osnabrueck, Germany
Plant Physiol 157:2056-68. 2011..Furthermore, two separate TGA domains were identified by deletion experiments as being essential for mediating TGA protein interactions with ROXYs...