Gene Symbol: TGA4
Description: TGACG motif-binding factor 4
Alias: OBF4, OCS BINDING ELEMENT 4, OCS ELEMENT BINDING FACTOR 4, OCTOPINE SYNTHASE ELEMENT-BINDING PROTEIN, T31P16.20, T31P16_20, TGACG motif-binding factor 4, TGACG motif-binding factor 4
Species: thale cress
- Kesarwani M, Yoo J, Dong X. Genetic interactions of TGA transcription factors in the regulation of pathogenesis-related genes and disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:336-46 pubmed..TGA1 and TGA4 play partially redundant roles in regulation of basal resistance, having only moderate effects on PR gene ..
- Despres C, Chubak C, Rochon A, Clark R, Bethune T, Desveaux D, et al. The Arabidopsis NPR1 disease resistance protein is a novel cofactor that confers redox regulation of DNA binding activity to the basic domain/leucine zipper transcription factor TGA1. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2181-91 pubmed..Unlike its animal and yeast counterparts, the DNA binding activity of TGA1 is not redox regulated; however, this property is conferred by interaction with the NPR1 cofactor. ..
- Zhou J, Trifa Y, Silva H, Pontier D, Lam E, Shah J, et al. NPR1 differentially interacts with members of the TGA/OBF family of transcription factors that bind an element of the PR-1 gene required for induction by salicylic acid. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2000;13:191-202 pubmed..with NPR1: TGA2 and TGA3 showed strong affinity for NPR1; TGA5 and TGA6 exhibited weaker affinity; and TGA1 and TGA4 displayed little or no detectable interaction with NPR1, respectively...
- Despres C, Delong C, Glaze S, Liu E, Fobert P. The Arabidopsis NPR1/NIM1 protein enhances the DNA binding activity of a subgroup of the TGA family of bZIP transcription factors. Plant Cell. 2000;12:279-90 pubmed..Coupled with observations that the DNA binding activity of TGA factors is deregulated in npr1 plants, the results suggest that NPR1-mediated DNA binding of TGA2 is critical for activation of defense genes. ..
- Zhang B, Foley R, Singh K. Isolation and characterization of two related Arabidopsis ocs-element bZIP binding proteins. Plant J. 1993;4:711-6 pubmed..The genes, called OBF4 and OBF5, were isolated by screening an Arabidopsis genomic library with degenerate oligonucleotides complementary ..
- Buttner M, Singh K. Arabidopsis thaliana ethylene-responsive element binding protein (AtEBP), an ethylene-inducible, GCC box DNA-binding protein interacts with an ocs element binding protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:5961-6 pubmed..Using protein-protein interaction screening with OBF4 we have isolated AtEBP, an Arabidopsis protein that contains a novel DNA-binding domain, the AP2/EREBP domain...
- Deppmann C, Alvania R, Taparowsky E. Cross-species annotation of basic leucine zipper factor interactions: Insight into the evolution of closed interaction networks. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:1480-92 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between dimerization networks within the context of bZIP factor evolution. ..
- Wang L, Fobert P. Arabidopsis clade I TGA factors regulate apoplastic defences against the bacterial pathogen Pseudomonas syringae through endoplasmic reticulum-based processes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77378 pubmed publisher..The Arabidopsis basic leucine zipper transcription factors TGA1 and TGA4, which comprise the clade I TGA factors, have been shown to positively contribute to disease resistance against ..
- Alvarez J, Riveras E, Vidal E, Gras D, Contreras López O, Tamayo K, et al. Systems approach identifies TGA1 and TGA4 transcription factors as important regulatory components of the nitrate response of Arabidopsis thaliana roots. Plant J. 2014;80:1-13 pubmed publisher..Using an integrative bioinformatics approach we identified TGA1 and TGA4 as putative regulatory factors that mediate nitrate responses in Arabidopsis roots...
- Zhang B, Chen W, Foley R, Buttner M, Singh K. Interactions between distinct types of DNA binding proteins enhance binding to ocs element promoter sequences. Plant Cell. 1995;7:2241-52 pubmed..conserved, plant basic domain-leucine zipper transcription factors, have been isolated and include the Arabidopsis OBF4 and OBF5 genes...
- Song Y, Song N, Shin S, Kim H, Yun D, Lim C, et al. Isolation of CONSTANS as a TGA4/OBF4 interacting protein. Mol Cells. 2008;25:559-65 pubmed..Of the seven TGA family members, TGA4/octopine synthase (ocs)-element-binding factor 4 (OBF4) is the least understood. Here we present evidence for a novel function of OBF4 as a regulator of flowering...
- Zhong L, Chen D, Min D, Li W, Xu Z, Zhou Y, et al. AtTGA4, a bZIP transcription factor, confers drought resistance by enhancing nitrate transport and assimilation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;457:433-9 pubmed publisher..Thus genetic transformation with AtTGA4 may provide a new approach to simultaneously improve crop tolerance to drought and low nitrogen stresses. ..