Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VTC2
Description: GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase 1
Alias: F10M23.190, F10M23_190, vitamin c defective 2
Species: thale cress
- Transient expression analysis revealed the importance of VTC2 expression level in light/dark regulation of ascorbate biosynthesis in ArabidopsisKazuya Yoshimura
a Department of Food and Nutritional Science, College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chubu University, Kasugai, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 78:60-6. 2014..phosphatase (GPP/VTC4), but AsA levels in the plants transiently expressing GDP-l-Gal phosphorylase (GGP/VTC2) were 2.5-fold higher than those in control plants 7 d after ES treatment...
- Expression analysis of the VTC2 and VTC5 genes encoding GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase, an enzyme involved in ascorbate biosynthesis, in Arabidopsis thalianaYongshun Gao
Department of Applied Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 75:1783-8. 2011Arabidopsis thaliana contains two GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase genes, VTC2 and VTC5, which are critical for ascorbate (AsA) biosynthesis. We investigated the expression levels of both VTC2 and VTC5 genes in wild-type A...
- Metabolite profiling of Arabidopsis inoculated with Alternaria brassicicola reveals that ascorbate reduces disease severityChristopher J Botanga
Department of Plant Biology, University of Minnesota, St Paul, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 25:1628-38. 2012..GABA promoted, and ascorbate strongly inhibited, fungal growth in culture. Arabidopsis vtc1 and vtc2 mutants, that have low levels of ascorbate, were more susceptible to A. brassicicola...
- Ascorbate deficiency can limit violaxanthin de-epoxidase activity in vivoPatricia Muller-Moule
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3102, USA
Plant Physiol 128:970-7. 2002..ascorbate levels on NPQ in vivo, we measured the induction of NPQ in a vitamin C-deficient mutant of Arabidopsis, vtc2-2...
- Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotoleranceJane Larkindale
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Plant Physiol 138:882-97. 2005..Ethylene signaling mutants (ein2 and etr1) and reactive oxygen metabolism mutants (vtc1, vtc2, npq1, and cad2) were more defective in basal than acquired thermotolerance, especially under high light...
- Ascorbic acid deficiency activates cell death and disease resistance responses in ArabidopsisValeria Pavet
Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, Cordoba 5000, Argentina
Plant Physiol 139:1291-303. 2005..Here we show that the Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) low vitamin C mutants, vtc1 and vtc2, which have between 10% and 25% of wild-type ascorbic acid, exhibit microlesions, express pathogenesis-related (PR) ..
- Coordinated activation of metabolic pathways for antioxidants and defence compounds by jasmonates and their roles in stress tolerance in ArabidopsisYuko Sasaki-Sekimoto
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 226 8501, Japan
Plant J 44:653-68. 2005..Compared with the wild type, opr3 mutants were more sensitive to O3 exposure. These results suggest that the coordinated activation of the metabolic pathways mediated by jasmonates provides resistance to environmental stresses...
- Modulation of plant morphology, root architecture, and cell structure by low vitamin C in Arabidopsis thalianaE Olmos
Crop Performance and Improvement Division, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Hertfordshire AL5 2JQ, UK
J Exp Bot 57:1645-55. 2006..were studied in Arabidopsis thaliana mutants, which have constitutively moderately low (vtc1) or very low (vtc2) leaf AA contents compared with the wild type...
- Arabidopsis VTC2 encodes a GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase, the last unknown enzyme in the Smirnoff-Wheeler pathway to ascorbic acid in plantsCarole L Linster
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 282:18879-85. 2007..Here we show that the protein encoded by VTC2, a gene mutated in vitamin C-deficient Arabidopsis thaliana strains, is a member of the GalT/Apa1 branch of the ..
- The missing step of the L-galactose pathway of ascorbate biosynthesis in plants, an L-galactose guanyltransferase, increases leaf ascorbate contentWilliam A Laing
Horticultural and Food Research Institute of New Zealand, PB 92160, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9534-9. 2007..Transient expression of this A. chinensis gene in tobacco leaves resulted in a >3-fold increase in leaf ascorbate as well as a 50-fold increase in GDP-L-galactose-D-mannose-1-phosphate guanyltransferase activity...
- Two genes in Arabidopsis thaliana encoding GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase are required for ascorbate biosynthesis and seedling viabilityJohn Dowdle
School of Biosciences, University of Exeter, Geoffrey Pope Building, Stocker Road, Exeter EX4 4QD, UK
Plant J 52:673-89. 2007..We show that a GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase, encoded by the Arabidopsis thaliana VTC2 gene, catalyses this step in the ascorbate biosynthetic pathway...
- Blue light diminishes interaction of PAS/LOV proteins, putative blue light receptors in Arabidopsis thaliana, with their interacting partnersYasunobu Ogura
Division of Genome Analysis and Genetic Research, Life Science Research Center, Institute of Research Promotion, Kagawa University, 2393 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
J Plant Res 121:97-105. 2008..Yeast two-hybrid screening led to the isolation of VITAMIN C DEFECTIVE 2 (VTC2), VTC2-LIKE (VTC2L), and BEL1-LIKE HOMEODOMAIN 10 proteins (BLH10A and BLH10B) as PLP-interacting ..
- A second GDP-L-galactose phosphorylase in arabidopsis en route to vitamin C. Covalent intermediate and substrate requirements for the conserved reactionCarole L Linster
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Molecular Biology Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 283:18483-92. 2008The Arabidopsis thaliana VTC2 gene encodes an enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of GDP-L-galactose to L-galactose 1-phosphate in the first committed step of the Smirnoff-Wheeler pathway to plant vitamin C synthesis...
- An expression analysis of the ascorbate biosynthesis enzyme VTC2Patricia Muller-Moule
Developmental and Molecular Plant Biology, Heinrich Heine University, Universitatsstr 1, Dusseldorf, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 68:31-41. 2008The vtc2 mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana is vitamin C deficient and is defective in the ascorbate biosynthesis enzyme GDP-L-Galactose phosphorylase/L -Galactose guanylyltransferase...
- Glucosinolate metabolites required for an Arabidopsis innate immune responseNicole K Clay
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Science 323:95-101. 2009..Our study shows that well-studied plant metabolites, previously identified as important in avoiding damage by herbivores, are also required as a component of the plant defense response against microbial pathogens...