Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tb927.3.4300
Description: 73 kDa paraflagellar rod protein
Species: Trypanosoma brucei TREU927
- The major component of the paraflagellar rod of Trypanosoma brucei is a helical protein that is encoded by two identical, tandemly linked genesK Schlaeppi
Institut fur Allgemeine Mikrobiologie, Bern, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 109:1695-709. 1989..The PFR protein is coded for by two tandemly linked genes of identical nucleotide sequence. Both genes are transcribed into stable mRNAs of very similar length that carry the mini-exon sequence at their 5' termini...
- The major components of the paraflagellar rod of Trypanosoma brucei are two similar, but distinct proteins which are encoded by two different gene lociJ Deflorin
Institute for General Microbiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 269:28745-51. 1994..This unusual organization leads to the generation of mRNAs which contain identical coding sequences but different 5'- and 3'-noncoding regions...
- Paraflagellar rod is vital for trypanosome motilityP Bastin
Nature 391:548. 1998
- Biology and mechanism of trypanosome cell motilityKent L Hill
Department of Microbiology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Eukaryot Cell 2:200-8. 2003
- A NOVEL MICROTUBULE-ASSOCIATED PROTEIN IN TRYPANOSOMESKENT HILL; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Biochemical and Functional Analysis of TrypaninKENT HILL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, in addition to addressing fundamental questions in cell biology, this research directly impacts efforts to understand and treat infectious diseases and genetic diseases in humans. ..