Babesia bovis T2Bo
- Identification, expression and characterisation of a Babesia bovis hexose transporterElvira T Derbyshire
Centre for Infection, Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 161:124-9. 2008..Taken together with results of inhibition studies with cytochalasin B and beta-glucogallin, these data provide new insights into glucose metabolism of erythrocytic-stage Babesia infections...
- Secretion of a new spherical body protein of Babesia bovis into the cytoplasm of infected erythrocytesMohamad Alaa Terkawi
National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
Mol Biochem Parasitol 178:40-5. 2011..Taken together, BbSBP-4 might play an important role as a secreted protein in the intracellular development and/or survival of B. bovis...
- Farsenyl pyrophosphate synthase is a potential molecular drug target of risedronate in Babesia bovisAkio Ueno
National Research Center for Protozoan Diseases, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, 2 13 Inada cho, Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
Parasitol Int 62:189-92. 2013..91μM). No regrowth of B. bovis was observed at 10μM of risedronate in the subsequent viability test. These results demonstrate that BbFPPS is the molecular target of risedronate, which could inhibit the in vitro growth of B. bovis...
- Biochemical characterization of thioredoxin reductase from Babesia bovisErika L Regner
Instituto de Agrobiotecnología del Litoral UNL CONICET, Facultad de Bioquimica y Ciencias Biologicas, Paraje El Pozo CC 242, S3000ZAA Santa Fe, Argentina
Biochimie 99:44-53. 2014..We have performed an enzymatic characterization, searching for targets for rational design of inhibitors. This work contributes to the better understanding of the redox biochemistry occurring in the parasite. ..
- Inhibitor-bound complexes of dihydrofolate reductase-thymidylate synthase from Babesia bovisDarren W Begley
Seattle Structural Genomics Center for Infectious Disease http www ssgcid org, USA
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 67:1070-7. 2011..The complexes reveal modes of binding similar to that seen in drug-resistant malaria strains and point to the utility of applying structural studies with proven cancer chemotherapies towards infectious disease research...
- Characterization of the unusual bidirectional ves promoters driving VESA1 expression and associated with antigenic variation in Babesia bovisXinyi Wang
Department of Infectious Diseases and Pathology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Eukaryot Cell 11:260-9. 2012..These results provide a framework to help us begin to understand gene regulation during antigenic variation in B. bovis...
- CONDITIONAL KNOCKOUT MUTANTS OF SORTILIN-LIKE RECEPTOR IN APICOMPLEXAN PARASITES AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: WO2012175410-A1; Date:2012-12-27