Genomes and Genes
Alias: 'Bacillus thermoproteolyticus'
- Vibrio cholerae hemagglutinin(HA)/protease: An extracellular metalloprotease with multiple pathogenic activitiesJorge A Benitez
Morehouse School of Medicine Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology, 720 Westview Dr, SW Atlanta, GA, 30310, USA Electronic address
Toxicon 115:55-62. 2016..and displays significant amino acid sequence homology to Pseudomonas aeruginosa elastase (LasB) and Bacillus thermoproteolyticus thermolysin...
- Synergistic Effect of Neutral Protease and Clostripain on Rat Pancreatic Islet IsolationMami Dendo
1Division of Advanced Surgical Science and Technology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan 2New Industry Creation Hatchery Center, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan 3Graduate school of Agricultural Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Tokyo, Japan 4Graduate school of Biomedical Engineering, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan 5Department of Integrative Genomics, Tohoku Medical Megabank Organization ToMMO, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan 6Department of Biochemistry, Center for Regulatory Epigenome and Diseases, Tohoku University Graduated School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Transplantation 99:1349-55. 2015..Thermolysin (TL) from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus is the gold standard neutral protease...
- Enzymatically triggered peptide hydrogels for 3D cell encapsulation and cultureLaura Szkolar
School of Materials, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK Manchester Institute of Biotechnology, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
J Pept Sci 20:578-84. 2014..of FEFK (F, phenylalanine; E, glutamic acid; K, lysine) using thermolysin, a protease enzyme from Bacillus Thermoproteolyticus Rokko, we have investigated the possibility of using this gelation triggering mechanism to encapsulate ..
- Functional analysis of the Burkholderia cenocepacia ZmpA metalloproteaseC Kooi
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary Health Sciences Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
J Bacteriol 187:4421-9. 2005..as a preproenzyme typical of thermolysin-like proteases such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa LasB and Bacillus thermoproteolyticus thermolysin...
- The protein-protein interactions between SMPI and thermolysin studied by molecular dynamics and MM/PBSA calculationsOlayiwola A Adekoya
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
J Biomol Struct Dyn 22:521-31. 2005Thermolysin is a zinc-metalloendopeptidase secreted by the gram-positive thermophilic bacterium Bacillus thermoproteolyticus. Thermolysin belongs to the gluzinicin family of enzymes, which is selectively inhibited by Steptomyces ..
- Gene cloning and characterization of a Bacillus vietnamensis metalloproteaseMihwan Kim
Department of Nutritional Science, Faculty of Applied Bioscience, Tokyo University of Agriculture, 1 1 1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1533-40. 2004..It shares 57% amino acid identity with thermolysin originating from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus. The three-dimensional structure of BVMP was deduced by computer-aided modeling with the use of the ..
- Effect of enzyme concentration of the morphology and properties of enzymatically triggered peptide hydrogelsJean Baptiste Guilbaud
School of Materials, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, United Kingdom
Biomacromolecules 14:1403-11. 2013We have recently shown that thermolysine, a protease enzyme obtained from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus rokko , can be used to trigger the gelation of FEFK (F, phenylalanine; E, glutamic acid; K, lysine) tetrapeptides through reverse ..
- Purification and characterization of a thermolysin like protease from Thermoactinomyces thalpophilus MCMB-380Devipriya R Majumder
Microbial Sciences Division, MACS Agharkar Research Institute, G G Agarkar Road, Pune 411004, India
Protein Pept Lett 20:918-25. 2013..The one hour time-frame is significantly faster than that of the enzyme thermolysin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus. Moreover the TLP was stable at 80°C for one hour which makes it industrially robust...
- A new enzyme mixture to increase the yield and transplant rate of autologous and allogeneic human islet productsA N Balamurugan
Schulze Diabetes Institute, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Transplantation 93:693-702. 2012..The ECs consisted of purified, intact or truncated class 1 (C1) and class 2 (C2) collagenases from Clostridium histolyticum (Ch), and neutral protease (NP) from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus rokko (thermolysin) or Ch (ChNP).
- The roles of the prosequence of thermolysin in enzyme inhibition and folding in vitroM J O'Donohue
Departement de Pharmacochimie Moleculaire et Structurale, U266 INSERM, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 271:26477-81. 1996The zinc endopeptidase thermolysin (EC 22.214.171.124), an extracellular enzyme from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus, is synthesized as a preproprotein, with the prosequence (204 residues) being two-thirds the size of the mature enzyme (316 ..
- A new method for the extracellular production of recombinant thermolysin by co-expressing the mature sequence and pro-sequence in Escherichia coliKiyoshi Yasukawa
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Protein Eng Des Sel 20:375-83. 2007Thermolysin, a representative zinc metalloproteinase from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus, is synthesized as inactive pre-proenzyme and receives autocatalytic cleavage of the peptide bond linking the pro- and mature sequences...
- Protein control of iron-sulfur cluster redox potentialsR Langen
Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0482
J Biol Chem 267:25625-7. 1992..characterized proteins: Azotobacter vinelandii ferredoxin I, Peptococcus aerogenes ferredoxin, Bacillus thermoproteolyticus ferredoxin, and Chromatium vinosum high potential iron protein (HiPIP)...
- Erwinia carotovora subsp. carotovora extracellular protease: characterization and nucleotide sequence of the geneS R Kyöstiö
Department of Plant Pathology, Physiology, and Weed Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061
J Bacteriol 173:6537-46. 1991..The deduced amino acid sequence of ORF1 showed significant sequence identity to metalloproteases from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus (thermolysin), B...
- Structure of [4Fe-4S] ferredoxin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus refined at 2.3 A resolution. Structural comparisons of bacterial ferredoxinsK Fukuyama
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Osaka University, Japan
J Mol Biol 210:383-98. 1989The structure of a low-potential ferredoxin isolated from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus has been refined by a restrained least-squares method. The final crystallographic R factor is 0...
- Determinants for psychrophilic and thermophilic features of metallopeptidases of the M4 familyMahmud Tareq Hassan Khan
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
In Silico Biol 9:105-24. 2009..possible determinants of psychrophilic and thermophilic features, by comparing with thermolysin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus, the prototype enzyme of the family...
- Virulence of metalloproteases produced by Vibrio species on Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas larvaeHiroaki Hasegawa
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 85:123-31. 2009..Purified V. tubiashii protease A (VtpA), but not the prototype metalloprotease, thermolysin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus, was highly toxic to the larvae...
- Origins of the different metal preferences of Escherichia coli peptide deformylase and Bacillus thermoproteolyticus thermolysin: a comparative quantum mechanical/molecular mechanical studyMinghui Dong
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale, School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui, China
J Phys Chem B 112:10280-90. 2008The Escherichia coli peptide deformylase (PDF) and Bacillus thermoproteolyticus thermolysin (TLN) are two representative metal-requiring peptidases having remarkably similar active centers but distinctively different metal preferences...
- Engineering, expression, purification, and production of recombinant thermolysinKuniyo Inouye
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Biotechnol Annu Rev 13:43-64. 2007..4.24.27] is a thermostable neutral zinc metalloproteinase originally identified in the culture broth of Bacillus thermoproteolyticus Rokko...
- Extracellular production of recombinant thermolysin expressed in Escherichia coli, and its purification and enzymatic characterizationKuniyo Inouye
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 46:248-55. 2006Thermolysin is a representative zinc metalloproteinase derived from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus and a target in protein engineering to understand the catalytic mechanism and thermostability...
- Identification of variant molecules of Bacillus thermoproteolyticus ferredoxin: crystal structure reveals bound coenzyme A and an unexpected [3Fe-4S] cluster associated with a canonical [4Fe-4S] ligand motifTadayoshi Shirakawa
Department of Biology, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, 1 1 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
Biochemistry 44:12402-10. 2005During the purification of recombinant Bacillus thermoproteolyticus ferredoxin (BtFd) from Escherichia coli, we have noted that some Fe-S proteins were produced in relatively small amounts compared to the originally identified BtFd ..
- Structural comparison suggests that thermolysin and related neutral proteases undergo hinge-bending motion during catalysisD R Holland
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403
Biochemistry 31:11310-6. 1992..Crystal structures are known for three members of the bacterial neutral protease family: thermolysin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus (TLN), the neutral protease from Bacillus cereus (NEU), and the elastase of Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PAE)..
- Molecular characterization and nucleotide sequence of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa elastase structural geneR A Bever
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642
J Bacteriol 170:4309-14. 1988..Three zinc ligands and an active site were predicted for the mature elastase on the basis of its amino acid sequence homology with Bacillus thermoproteolyticus thermolysin.
- Purification, characterization cloning, and sequencing of metalloendopeptidase from Streptomyces septatus TH-2Tadashi Hatanaka
Research Institute for Biological Sciences RIBS, Okayama, 7549 1 Kibichuo cho, Kaga gun, Okayama 716 1241, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 434:289-98. 2005..The primary structure of the enzyme showed 40 and 69% identities with that of thermolysin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus and that of a metalloendopeptidase from Streptomyces griseus, respectively.
- Tertiary structure of Bacillus thermoproteolyticus [4Fe-4S] ferredoxin. Evolutionary implications for bacterial ferredoxinsK Fukuyama
Faculty of Engineering, Tottori University, Japan
J Mol Biol 199:183-93. 1988The structure of a low-potential [4Fe-4S] ferredoxin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus has been solved using anomalous scattering data from iron atoms in the diffraction data of native crystals and refined partially to a crystallographic ..
- The 2.2 A resolution structure of thermolysin (TLN) crystallized in the presence of potassium thiocyanateJean François Gaucher
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et RMN Biologiques UMR 8015, CNRS, Universite Paris V, Faculte de Pharmacie, 4 avenue de l Observatoire, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 58:2198-200. 2002A new crystallization protocol for thermolysin (EC 126.96.36.199) from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus is presented...
- Atomic resolution structures of oxidized [4Fe-4S] ferredoxin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus in two crystal forms: systematic distortion of [4Fe-4S] cluster in the proteinKeiichi Fukuyama
Department of Biology Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, 1 1 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka, 560 0043, Japan
J Mol Biol 315:1155-66. 2002Diffraction data of two crystal forms (forms I and II) of [4Fe-4S] ferredoxin from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus have been collected to 0.92 A and 1.00 A resolutions, respectively, at 100 K using synchrotron radiation...
- Amino-acid sequence and three-dimensional structure of the Staphylococcus aureus metalloproteinase at 1.72 A resolutionA Banbula
Jagiellonian University Institute of Molecular Biology Al Mickiewicza 3, 31 120, Krakow, Poland
Structure 6:1185-93. 1998..This enzyme exhibits in vitro activity against several molecules of biological significance for the host, indicating that it is involved in the pathology of staphylococcal diseases...
- Protease glue from Bacillus thermoproteolyticus rokko, procedure for obtaining it and its usePatent Number: EP0418625-A1; Date:1991-03-27