Alias: Candida lodderae
- Agroindustrial Wastes as Alternative for Lipase Production by Candida viswanathii under Solid-State Cultivation: Purification, Biochemical Properties, and Its Potential for Poultry Fat HydrolysisAlex Fernando de Almeida
Bioprocess Engineering and Biotechnology, Federal University of Tocantins UFT, Rua Badejós, Chácaras 69 72, Zona Rural, 77402 970 Gurupi, TO, Brazil
Enzyme Res 2016:1353497. 2016The aims of this work were to establish improved conditions for lipase production by Candida viswanathii using agroindustrial wastes in solid-state cultivation and to purify and evaluate the application of this enzyme for poultry ..
- A New Isolation and Evaluation Method for Marine-Derived Yeast spp. with Potential Applications in Industrial BiotechnologyAbdelrahman Saleh Zaky
Division of Food Sciences, School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham LE12 5RD, UK
J Microbiol Biotechnol 26:1891-1907. 2016..These strains belonged to six species: S. cerevisiae, Candida tropicalis, Candida viswanathii, Wickerhamomyces anomalus, Candida glabrata, and Pichia kudriavzevii...
- Single cell oil production from a newly isolated Candida viswanathii Y-E4 and agro-industrial by-products valorizationInes Ayadi
Laboratory of Molecular Biotechnology of Eukaryotes, Centre of Biotechnology of Sfax, University of Sfax, P O Box 1177, 3038, Sfax, Tunisia
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 43:901-14. 2016..To this end, new oleaginous yeast, Candida viswanathii Y-E4 was isolated, characterized and used for single cell oil (SCO) production...
- Innovative High Gas Pressure Microscopy Chamber Designed for Biological Cell ObservationMélanie Ragon
1UMR A 02 102 Procédés Alimentaires et Microbiologiques, Université Bourgogne Franche Comté AgroSup Dijon, 1 Esplanade Erasme, 21000 Dijon, France
Microsc Microanal 22:63-70. 2016..by a real-time study of the growth of two different yeast strains - Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Candida viswanathii - under high isostatic gas pressure (30 or 20 MPa, respectively)...
- Pathogenicity of Candida viswanathii for normal and cortisone-treated miceH S Randhawa
Department of Medical Mycology, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, 110007 Delhi, India Electronic address
J Mycol Med 25:287-92. 2015The pathogenicity of Candida viswanathii, PCI 501/1 (CBS 4024), originally isolated from CSF of a fatal case of meningitis in India, is reported. Also, included is a global overview of the occurrence of C...
- Candida baotianmanensis sp. nov. and Candida pseudoviswanathii sp. nov., two ascosporic yeast species isolated from the gut of beetlesYong Cheng Ren
School of Life Science and Technology, Nanyang Normal University, Nanyang 473061, PR China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 65:3580-5. 2015..Candida pseudoviswanathii sp. nov. formed a subclade with its closest relative Candida viswanathii supported by a strong bootstrap value...
- Application of a biofilm formed by a mixture of yeasts isolated in Vietnam to degrade aromatic hydrocarbon polluted wastewater collected from petroleum storageLe Thi Nhi Cong
Department of Environmental Biotechnology, Institute of Biotechnology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet, Cau Giay, Ha Noi, Vietnam E mail
Water Sci Technol 70:329-36. 2014In this study, three good biofilm-forming yeast strains, including Candida viswanathii TH1, Candida tropicalis TH4 and Trichosporon asahii B1, were isolated from oil-contaminated water and sediment samples collected in coastal zones of ..
- Transformation of iso-pentylbenzene by a biofilm-forming strain of Candida viswanathii TH1 isolated from oil-polluted sediments collected in coastal zones in VietnamLe Thi Nhi Cong
a institute of Biotechnology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 49:777-86. 2014..aimed to assess the aerobic biotransformation of a branched side chain alkylbenzene, iso-pentylbenzene, by Candida viswanathii TH1...
- Acid lipase from Candida viswanathii: production, biochemical properties, and potential applicationAlex Fernando de Almeida
Environmental Studies Center, Universidade Estadual Paulista, CEA UNESP, Avenida 24 A, 1515 Bela Vista, 13506 900 Rio Claro, SP, Brazil
Biomed Res Int 2013:435818. 2013Influences of environmental variables and emulsifiers on lipase production of a Candida viswanathii strain were investigated. The highest lipase activity (101.1 U) was observed at 210 rpm, pH 6.0, and 27.5°C...
- Optimization of physicochemical parameters for the enhancement of carbonyl reductase production by Candida viswanathiiPankaj Soni
Biocatalysis Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector 67, S A S Nagar 160 062, India
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 29:149-56. 2006Culture conditions have been optimized for a newly isolated yeast strain Candida viswanathii PBR2 which is capable of reducing a wide variety of aryl ketones with high stereospecificity...
- Synthesis and antifungal activities of cyclic octa-lipopeptide burkholdine analoguesHiroyuki Konno
Department of Biological Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Yamagata University, 4 3 16 Jonan, Yonezawa, Yamagata 992 8510, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 23:4244-7. 2013..evaluated for antifungal activity with MIC values against Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Aspergillus oryzae, and Candida viswanathii. As a result, the lipid side chain and the stereochemistry of each amino acid of Bk-1097 analogues ..
- Species distribution and susceptibility profile of yeasts isolated from blood cultures: results of a multicenter active laboratory-based surveillance study in ArgentinaSusana Córdoba
Departamento Micologia, Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas Dr C Malbrán, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 43:176-85. 2011..4 %) and Candida glabrata (4.3 %). Other uncommon species, such as Candida viswanathii (0.6 %), Candida haemulonii (0.4 %), Candida inconspicua (0.2 %) and Candida fermentati (0...
- DNA hybridization and electrokaryotype study of some Candida speciesF L Lee
Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:1463-6. 1998..b>Candida viswanathii and Candida lodderae showed similar electrophoretic karyotypes and DNA base composition and demonstrated 89 ..
- Enhancing the biocatalytic potential of carbonyl reductase of Candida viswanathii using aqueous-organic solvent systemHimani Kansal
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biocatalysis Laboratory, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali, Punjab, India
Bioresour Technol 100:1041-7. 2009..work, the toxic effect of various solvents with different Log P values was studied on the whole cells of Candida viswanathii. Experiments showed that the lower concentrations of some solvent increased both the activity retention and ..
- Optimization of process parameters for the production of carbonyl reductase by Candida viswanathii in a laboratory-scale fermentorPankaj Soni
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, SAS Nagar, India
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:167-73. 2008The effect of pH, aeration and mixing on the growth and production of carbonyl reductase by Candida viswanathii was investigated in a 6.6-l fermentor. Controlling the pH at 8.0 had a very significant effect on the enzyme production...
- Response surface optimization of the critical medium components for carbonyl reductase production by Candida viswanathii MTCC 5158Pankaj Soni
Biocatalysis Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector 67, S A S Nagar 160 062, Punjab, India
Bioresour Technol 98:829-33. 2007Culture conditions were optimized for the growth and carbonyl reductase production by a novel yeast strain Candida viswanathii. Response surface methodology was applied for the critical medium components (initial pH, mannitol, yeast ..
- In-vitro antifungal activity of liposomal nystatin in comparison with nystatin, amphotericin B cholesteryl sulphate, liposomal amphotericin B, amphotericin B lipid complex, amphotericin B desoxycholate, fluconazole and itraconazoleA J Carrillo-Munoz
Department of Microbiology, Asesoría Científica y de Investigación Aplicada, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 44:397-401. 1999..parapsilosis, Candida glabrata, Candida krusei, Candida guilliermondii, Candida tropicalis, Candida kefyr, Candida viswanathii, Candida famata, Candida rugosa, Rhodotorula rubra, Trichosporon spp...
- BIOLOGICAL METHODS FOR PREPARING A FATTY DICARBOXYLIC ACIDPatent Number: JP2016501040-A; Date:2016-01-18
- BIOLOGICAL METHODS FOR PREPARING A FATTY DICARBOXYLIC ACIDPatent Number: JP2016501041-A; Date:2016-01-18
- Nucleic acids probes for detection of yeast and fungal speciesPatent Number: WO2008072217-A2; Date:2008-06-19
- Nucleic acid probes for detecting candida speciesPatent Number: JP2001512035-A; Date:2001-08-21
- Eif2 gene as a diagnostic target for the identification of fungal and yeast speciesPatent Number: WO2009150241-A2; Date:2009-12-17
- EIF2 gene as a diagnostic target for the identification of fungal and yeast speciesPatent Number: JP2011524746-A; Date:2011-09-08
- Method of identifying and quantifying specific fungi and bacteriaPatent Number: EP1484416-A2; Date:2004-12-08
- Highly conserved genes and their use to generate probes and primers for detection of microorganismsPatent Number: WO0123604-A2; Date:2001-04-05
- Method of identifying and quantifying specific fungi and bacteriaPatent Number: WO0196612-A2; Date:2001-12-20