Genomes and Genes
Trypanosoma cruzi strain CL Brener
- Trypanosoma cruzi: identification of DNA targets of the nuclear periphery coiled-coil protein TcNUP-1Gisele F A Picchi
Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Instituto Carlos Chagas, R Professor Algacyr Munhoz Mader, 3775 Cidade Industrial Paraná, 81350 010 Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 127:147-52. 2011..We therefore suggest that TcNUP-1 is a structural protein that plays an essential role in nuclear organization by anchoring T. cruzi chromosomes to the nuclear envelope...
- The trypanosome Pumilio-domain protein PUF7 associates with a nuclear cyclophilin and is involved in ribosomal RNA maturationDorothea Droll
Zentrum für Molekulare Biologie der Universität Heidelberg ZMBH, DKFZ ZMBH Alliance, Heidelberg, Germany
FEBS Lett 584:1156-62. 2010..We show here that epitope-tagged TbPUF7 is located in the nucleolus, and associated with a nuclear cyclophilin-like protein, TbNCP1. RNAi targeting PUF7 reduced trypanosome growth and inhibited two steps in ribosomal RNA processing...
- Trypanosoma cruzi MSH2: Functional analyses on different parasite strains provide evidences for a role on the oxidative stress responsePriscila C Campos
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Mol Biochem Parasitol 176:8-16. 2011..More importantly, they also indicate that, in addition to its role in MMR, TcMSH2 acts in the parasite response to oxidative stress through a novel mitochondrial function that may be conserved in T. brucei...
- The Trypanosoma cruzi metacyclic-specific protein Met-III associates with the nucleolus and contains independent amino and carboxyl terminal targeting elementsEva Gluenz
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Int J Parasitol 37:617-25. 2007..To investigate the function of Met-III, we used gene deletion. This showed that Met-III is not required for the development of metacyclic trypomastigotes and that null mutants can complete the life-cycle in vitro...
- Structures of prostaglandin F synthase from the protozoa Leishmania major and Trypanosoma cruzi with NADPSpencer O Moen
Seattle Structural Genomics Center for Infectious Disease, USA
Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun 71:609-14. 2015..major PGF with NADP. These structures were determined by molecular replacement to a final R factor of less than 18.6% (Rfree of less than 22.9%). PGF in the infectious protozoa L. major and T. cruzi is a potential therapeutic target...
- Roles of Trypanosoma cruzi calreticulin in parasite-host interactions and in tumor growthGalia Ramirez
Department of Preventive Animal Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Mol Immunol 52:133-40. 2012..A different domain, amino terminal, binds to endothelial cells, thus inhibiting their angiogenic capacity. Since tumor growth depends, to a large extent on angiogenesis, their growth is also inhibited...
- Exploring the FL-160-CRP gene family through sequence variability of the complement regulatory protein (CRP) expressed by the trypomastigote stage of Trypanosoma cruziFrançoise Mathieu-Daudé
département Sociétés et Santé, UR008 Pathogénie et Epidémiologie des Trypanosomatidés, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, 34394 Montpellier, France
Infect Genet Evol 8:258-66. 2008..This work provides also information for the T. cruzi genome annotation of the trans-sialidase-like putative proteins...
- Proline dehydrogenase regulates redox state and respiratory metabolism in Trypanosoma cruziLisvane Silva Paes
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e69419. 2013..cruzi life cycle. ..
- Expression, functionality, and localization of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonucleases in replicative and non-replicative forms of Trypanosoma cruziS Sepulveda
Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Biochem 115:397-409. 2014..Our results confirm that the BER pathway is involved in T. cruzi resistance to DNA oxidative damage and points to the participation of DNA AP endonucleases in parasite survival...
- Evidence of ternary complex formation in Trypanosoma cruzi trans-sialidase catalysisIsadora A Oliveira
From the Laboratório de Glicobiologia Estrutural e Funcional, Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro RJ 21941 902, Brazil
J Biol Chem 289:423-36. 2014..In summary, our data put forward a coherent dynamic framework to understand how a glycosidase evolved its highly efficient trans-glycosidase activity. ..
- NMR structure and dynamics of Q4D059, a kinetoplastid-specific and conserved protein from Trypanosoma cruziAracelys López-Castilla
Instituto de Bioquímica Médica Leopoldo de Meis, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Struct Biol 190:11-20. 2015..Q4D059 adopts a α/β fold that is slightly similar to the ATPase sub-domain IIB of the heat-shock protein 70 (HSP70) and to the N-terminal domain of the ribosomal protein L11...
- Metabolic control analysis of the Trypanosoma cruzi peroxide detoxification pathway identifies tryparedoxin as a suitable drug targetZabdi González-Chávez
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, México D F 14080, Mexico
Biochim Biophys Acta 1850:263-73. 2015..Here, Metabolic Control Analysis (MCA) was applied to quantitatively prioritize drug target(s) within the pathway by identifying its flux-controlling enzymes...
- Fibronectin-degrading activity of Trypanosoma cruzi cysteine proteinase plays a role in host cell invasionFernando Yukio Maeda
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Infect Immun 82:5166-74. 2014..Overall, our results have indicated that the cysteine proteinase of T. cruzi metacyclic forms, through its fibronectin-degrading activity, is implicated in host cell invasion. ..
- A novel role of Rab11 in trafficking GPI-anchored trans-sialidase to the plasma membrane of Trypanosoma cruziSayantanee Niyogi
a Center for Tropical and Emerging Global Diseases and Department of Cellular Biology University of Georgia Athens, Georgia, USA
Small Gtpases 6:8-10. 2015..We also found that traffic of other GPI-anchored proteins is also through the CVC but uses a Rab11-independent pathway. These represent unconventional pathways of GPI-anchored protein traffic to the plasma membrane. ..
- The trypanosome Pumilio domain protein PUF5Bhaskar Anand Jha
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, DKFZ ZMBH Allianz, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e77371. 2013..Knockdown of PUF5 did not have any effect on the ability of trypanosomes to differentiate from the mammalian to the insect form of the parasite. ..
- Clathrin expression in Trypanosoma cruziLigia Cristina Kalb
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Carlos Chagas Institute, FIOCRUZ, Rua Professor Algacyr Munhoz Mader 3775, 81350 010 Curitiba, PR, Brazil
BMC Cell Biol 15:23. 2014..cruzi (epimastigotes, trypomastigotes and amastigotes), using both polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies raised against T. cruzi recombinant proteins...
- Evidence for a negative feedback control mediated by the 3' untranslated region assuring the low expression level of the RNA binding protein TcRBP19 in T. cruzi epimastigotesLeticia Pérez-Díaz
Laboratorio de Interacciones Moleculares, Facultad de Ciencias, Igua 4225, 11400 Montevideo, Uruguay
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:295-9. 2013..The mechanism revealed here adds to our limited but growing number of examples of negative mRNA autoregulation in the control of gene expression. ..
- The NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase family in Trypanosoma cruzi is involved in the sterol biosynthesis pathwayMatias G De Vas
Instituto de Investigaciones en Ingeniería Genética y Biología Molecular INGEBI CONICET, Vuelta de Obligado 2490, C1428ADN Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Parasitol 41:99-108. 2011..In addition, we suggest a different role for TcCPR-A, since its over-expression is lethal, displaying cells with an increased DNA content, aberrant morphology and severe ultrastructural alterations...
- Functional cooperation between BiP and calreticulin in the folding maturation of a glycoprotein in Trypanosoma cruziCarlos A Labriola
Laboratories of Glycobiology, Fundación Instituto Leloir and Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de Buenos Aires IIBBA CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Biochem Parasitol 175:112-7. 2011..The present report provides further evidence on the early evolutionary acquisition of the basic tenets of the N-glycan dependent quality control mechanism of glycoprotein folding...
- Functional characterization of methionine sulfoxide reductase A from Trypanosoma sppDiego G Arias
Instituto de Agrobiotecnología del Litoral, UNL CONICET, 3000 Santa Fe, Argentina
Free Radic Biol Med 50:37-46. 2011..cruzi and Trypanosoma brucei. The results support the occurrence of a metabolic pathway in Trypanosoma spp. involved in the critical function of repairing oxidized macromolecules...
- Trypanosoma cruzi: modulation of HSP70 mRNA stability by untranslated regions during heat shockDeivid C Rodrigues
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 126:245-53. 2010..We conclude that HSP70 5'- and 3'-UTRs regulate mRNA stability during heat shock in T. cruzi...
- Comparative studies on the biochemical properties of the malic enzymes from Trypanosoma cruzi and Trypanosoma bruceiAlejandro E Leroux
Instituto de Química y Fisicoquímica Biológica IQUIFIB CONICET, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
FEMS Microbiol Lett 314:25-33. 2011....
- Expression, purification and kinetic characterization of His-tagged glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase from Trypanosoma cruziJuliana Cheleski
Grupo de Estudos em Quimica Medicinal de Produtos Naturais NEQUIMED PN, Instituto de Quimica de Sao Carlos, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Protein Expr Purif 76:190-6. 2011..1°C and pH 8.6. Above 37°C, the enzyme activity starts to fall, which may be related to previous reports that the quaternary structure begins a process of disassembly...
- Proton transfer facilitated by ligand binding. An energetic analysis of the catalytic mechanism of Trypanosoma cruzi trans-sialidaseGustavo Pierdominici-Sottile
Department of Chemistry and Quantum Theory Project, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 8435, United States
Biochemistry 50:836-42. 2011..This study represents an initial step that can shed light on our understanding of the catalytic mechanism of this reaction...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase plays a differential role in DNA damage-response and cell death pathways in Trypanosoma cruziSalomé C Vilchez Larrea
Instituto de Investigaciones en Ingenieria Genetica y Biologia Molecular, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Vuelta de Obligado 2490, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Parasitol 41:405-16. 2011..We also believe that we provide the first reported evidence that different proteins could be poly(ADP-ribosyl)ated in response to different stimuli, leading to different cell death pathways...
- Phosphorylation-dependent protein interaction with Trypanosoma brucei 14-3-3 proteins that display atypical target recognitionMasahiro Inoue
Division of Eukaryotic Microbiology, Department of Infectious Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e15566. 2010..In Trypanosoma brucei, 14-3-3I and II play pivotal roles in motility, cytokinesis and the cell cycle. However, none of the T. brucei 14-3-3 binding proteins have previously been documented...
- Functional characterization of NADP-dependent isocitrate dehydrogenase isozymes from Trypanosoma cruziAlejandro E Leroux
Instituto de Química y Fisicoquímica Biológica IQUIFIB CONICET, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, C1113AAD Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Biochem Parasitol 177:61-4. 2011..This observation fits in well with the expected oxidative burst this pathogen has to face when infecting the mammalian host...
- Biochemical characterization of a protein tyrosine phosphatase from Trypanosoma cruzi involved in metacyclogenesis and cell invasionGloria Gallo
Departamento de Biofisica, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu 862, 04023 062 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 408:427-31. 2011..In conclusion our results indicate that TcPTP1 is of importance for cellular differentiation and invasivity of this parasite and thus is a valid target for the rational drug design of potential antibiotics directed against T. cruzi...
- Molecular characterization and interactome analysis of Trypanosoma cruzi tryparedoxin 1María Dolores Piñeyro
Unidad de Biología Molecular Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, Montevideo, Uruguay
J Proteomics 74:1683-92. 2011..Our approach led us to the discovery of several putatively TcTXN1-interacting proteins thereby contributing to our understanding of the redox interactome of T. cruzi...
- Characterization of TcHMGB, a high mobility group B family member protein from Trypanosoma cruziPamela Cribb
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, Rosario CP2000, Argentina
Int J Parasitol 41:1149-56. 2011..Protein levels, however, seem to vary throughout the life cycle, which may be related to previously described changes in heterochromatin distribution and transcription rates...
- Epigenetic regulation of polymerase II transcription initiation in Trypanosoma cruzi: modulation of nucleosome abundance, histone modification, and polymerase occupancy by O-linked thymine DNA glucosylationDilrukshi Ekanayake
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 7229, USA
Eukaryot Cell 10:1465-72. 2011....
- Expression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from the human pathogen Trypanosoma cruzi in complex with substrateCecilia Ortiz
Redox Biology of Trypanosomes Laboratory, Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, Mataojo 2020, 11400 Montevideo, Uruguay
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 67:1457-61. 2011..85 and 3.35 Å resolution, respectively. Self-rotation function maps were consistent with point group 222. The structure was solved by molecular replacement, confirming a tetrameric quaternary structure...
- Knockout of the dhfr-ts gene in Trypanosoma cruzi generates attenuated parasites able to confer protection against a virulent challengeCecilia Pérez Brandan
Instituto de Patología Experimental CONICET, Universidad Nacional de Salta, Salta, Argentina
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1418. 2011..In this sense, targeted deletion or disruption of specific genes in the parasite genome may protect against such reversion to virulent genotypes...
- Biological and structural characterization of Trypanosoma cruzi phosphodiesterase C and Implications for design of parasite selective inhibitorsHuanchen Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7260, USA
J Biol Chem 287:11788-97. 2012..The structural study also identified a unique parasite pocket that neighbors the active site and may thus be valuable for the design of parasite-specific inhibitors...
- DNA polymerase beta from Trypanosoma cruzi is involved in kinetoplast DNA replication and repair of oxidative lesionsBruno Luiz Fonseca Schamber-Reis
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Mol Biochem Parasitol 183:122-31. 2012..Taken together our data suggest participation of Tcpolβ during kDNA replication and repair of oxidative DNA damage induced by genotoxic stress in this organelle...
- Repertoire, genealogy and genomic organization of cruzipain and homologous genes in Trypanosoma cruzi, T. cruzi-like and other trypanosome speciesLuciana Lima
Departamento de Parasitologia, ICB, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
PLoS ONE 7:e38385. 2012..Our findings corroborate cruzipain as valuable target for drugs, vaccine, diagnostic and genotyping approaches...
- Functional characterization of enzymes involved in cysteine biosynthesis and H(2)S production in Trypanosoma cruziDaniela Marciano
Instituto de Química y Fisicoquímica Biológica IQUIFIB CONICET, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, C1113AAD Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Biochem Parasitol 185:114-20. 2012....
- Cruzipain promotes Trypanosoma cruzi adhesion to Rhodnius prolixus midgutLívia Almeida Uehara
Laboratório de Biologia Molecular e Doenças Endêmicas, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1958. 2012..cruzi life cycle and are implicated in parasite-mammalian host relationships. However, little is known about the factors that contribute to the parasite-insect host interaction...
- Eukaryotic initiation factor 5A dephosphorylation is required for translational arrest in stationary phase cellsJanete Chung
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Pedro de Toledo 669 L6A, Sao Paulo, S P 04039 032, Brazil
Biochem J 451:257-67. 2013..We conclude that eIF5A phosphorylation and dephosphorylation cycles regulate translation according to the growth conditions...
- Trypanosoma cruzi trans-sialidase initiates a program independent of the transcription factors RORγt and Ahr that leads to IL-17 production by activated B cellsDaniela A Bermejo
Centro de Investigaciones en Bioquimica Clinica e Inmunologia, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Nat Immunol 14:514-22. 2013..Our combined data suggest that the generation of IL-17(+) B cells may be a previously unappreciated feature of innate immune responses required for pathogen control or IL-17-mediated autoimmunity...
- Characterization of a Trypanosoma cruzi acetyltransferase: cellular location, activity and structureStephen Ochaya
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Berzelius vag 35, Stockholm 17177, Sweden
Mol Biochem Parasitol 152:123-31. 2007..The native protein has a cytosolic cellular location and is present in all three life-cycle stages of the parasite. The recombinant protein was shown to have autoacetylation enzymatic activity...
- Multiple NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductases from Trypanosoma cruzi suggested role on drug resistancePatricio Portal
Departamento de Fisiologia, Biologia Molecular y Celular, Instituto de Investigaciones en Ingenieria Genetica y Biologia Molecular, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Biochem Parasitol 160:42-51. 2008..Overexpression of TcCPR-B in T. cruzi epimastigotes increased its resistance to the typical chemotherapeutic agents Nifurtimox and Benznidazole. We suggest a participation of TcCPR-B in the detoxification metabolism of the parasite...
- Genotyping of Panamanian Trypanosoma cruzi stocks using the calmodulin 3'UTR polymorphismsAdeilton Brandao
Oswaldo Cruz Institute, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Parasitol Res 102:523-6. 2008..cruzi isolates from humans and vectors from different endemic areas in Panama. The finding of solely T. cruzi I genotype might explain the low morbidity of Chagas' disease in the region when compared to other countries in Latin America...
- Peroxiredoxins play a major role in protecting Trypanosoma cruzi against macrophage- and endogenously-derived peroxynitriteLucia Piacenza
Departamento de Bioquímica and Center for Free Radical and Biomedical Research, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay
Biochem J 410:359-68. 2008..Together with recent reports of up-regulation of antioxidant enzymes during metacyclogenesis, our results identify components of the antioxidant enzyme network of T. cruzi as virulence factors of emerging importance...
- Molecular and biochemical characterization of novel glucokinases from Trypanosoma cruzi and Leishmania sppAna Judith Cáceres
Unidad de Bioquimica de Parasitos, Centro de Ingeniería Genética, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Los Andes, Merida 5101, Venezuela
Mol Biochem Parasitol 156:235-45. 2007....
- The crystal structure of Trypanosoma cruzi glucokinase reveals features determining oligomerization and anomer specificity of hexose-phosphorylating enzymesArtur T Cordeiro
Research Unit for Tropical Diseases, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Avenue Hippocrate 74, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Mol Biol 372:1215-26. 2007..The preference for distinct anomers suggests that in T. cruzi hexokinase and glucokinase are not directly competing for the same substrate and are probably both present because they exert distinct physiological functions...
- The crystal structure of Trypanosoma cruzi arginine kinasePablo Fernandez
Unité de Biochimie Structurale, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris, France
Proteins 69:209-12. 2007
- Crystal structure of the parasite protease inhibitor chagasin in complex with a host target cysteine proteaseAnna Ljunggren
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology, Lund University, University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
J Mol Biol 371:137-53. 2007..This information will aid in the development of synthetic inhibitors for use as potential drugs for the treatment of Chagas disease...
- Trypanosome trans-sialidase mediates neuroprotection against oxidative stress, serum/glucose deprivation, and hypoxia-induced neurite retraction in Trk-expressing PC12 cellsAlicja Woronowicz
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L3N6
Glycobiology 17:725-34. 2007..Together, these observations suggest that trypanosome TS mimics neurotrophic factors in cell survival responses against oxidative stress, hypoxia-induced neurite retraction and serum/glucose deprivation...
- Calcineurin B of the human protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi is involved in cell invasionJorge E Araya
Molecular Parasitology Unit, Department of Medical Technology, University of Antofagasta, P O Box 170, Antofagasta 1240000, Chile
Microbes Infect 10:892-900. 2008..Given that TcCaNB-CL may play a key role in cell invasion and differs considerably in its primary structure from the human CaNB, it might be considered as a potential chemotherapeutic target...
- Crystal structure of chagasin, the endogenous cysteine-protease inhibitor from Trypanosoma cruziAline Almeida Figueiredo da Silva
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural, Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, LNLS, P O Box 6192, CEP 13084 971, Campinas SP, Brazil
J Struct Biol 157:416-23. 2007..The knowledge of the chagasin crystal structure may contribute to the elucidation of the molecular mechanism involved in the inhibition of cruzain and other T. cruzi cysteine proteases...
- Post-translational modifications of Trypanosoma cruzi histone H4Julia Pinheiro Chagas da Cunha
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, R Botucatu 862 8 a, 04023 062 Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Biochem Parasitol 150:268-77. 2006..cruzi histone H4 indicate that lysine 4 is acetylated in the majority of histone H4, while other acetylations at the N-terminus portion of histone H4 are less abundant...
- Differential transcription profiles in Trypanosoma cruzi associated with clinical forms of Chagas disease: Maxicircle NADH dehydrogenase subunit 7 gene truncation in asymptomatic patient isolatesCassio S Baptista
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Professor Lineu Prestes, 748 CEP 05508 000, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Mol Biochem Parasitol 150:236-48. 2006....
- Expression of trypomastigote trans-sialidase in metacyclic forms of Trypanosoma cruzi increases parasite escape from its parasitophorous vacuoleSergio S C Rubin-de-Celis
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cell Microbiol 8:1888-98. 2006..These results indicate that the increased expression of TS in cell-derived trypomastigotes is responsible for the earlier exit from the PV to the cytoplasm and their subsequent differentiation into amastigotes...
- An expanded adenylate kinase gene family in the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruziLeon A Bouvier
Departamento de Sustancias Vasoactivas, Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas Alfredo Lanari, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Combatientes de Malvinas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biochim Biophys Acta 1760:913-21. 2006..coli. This work reports an unusually large number of genes of adenylate kinases and suggests a coordinated regulation of phosphotransferase-mediated ATP regenerating pathways in the unicellular parasite Trypanosoma cruzi...
- Expression, purification and crystallization of Trypanosoma cruzi dihydroorotate dehydrogenase complexed with orotateDaniel Ken Inaoka
Department of Biomedical Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 61:875-8. 2005..87, b = 71.89, c = 123.27 A. The presence of two molecules in the asymmetric unit (2 x 34 kDa) gives a crystal volume per protein weight (VM) of 2.2 A3 Da(-1) and a solvent content of 44%...
- Polymorphic and differential expression of the Trypanosoma cruzi alleles containing universal minicircle binding proteinElielton R Coelho
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, CCS, Bloco G, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 21949 900, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:382-90. 2006....
- Structure and mechanism of the farnesyl diphosphate synthase from Trypanosoma cruzi: implications for drug designSandra B Gabelli
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Proteins 62:80-8. 2006....
- Identification of core components of the exon junction complex in trypanosomesNatalia Bercovich
INGEBI CONICET, Vuelta de Obligado 2490, 2P, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Biochem Parasitol 166:190-3. 2009..We also show that this complex co-purifies in vivo in trypanosomes with a protein containing an NTF2 domain, typically involved in mRNA transport...
- A flagellum-specific calcium sensorKathryn T Buchanan
Department of Pathology and Microbiology Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 280:40104-11. 2005..These findings may have broader implications for the calcium acyl switch mechanism of protein regulation...
- Crystal structures of trypanosomal histidyl-tRNA synthetase illuminate differences between eukaryotic and prokaryotic homologsEthan A Merritt
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Mol Biol 397:481-94. 2010..The essentiality of the single HisRS gene in T. brucei is shown by a severe depression of parasite growth rate that results from even partial suppression of expression by RNA interference...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of a dithiol glutaredoxin from Trypanosoma cruziVanina E Marquez
Instituto de Agrobiotecnología del Litoral, Facultad de Bioquimica y Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Ciudad Universitaria Paraje El Pozo, S3000ZAA Santa Fe, Argentina
Antioxid Redox Signal 12:787-92. 2010..Results support a redox scenario in T. cruzi, with glutaredoxin being involved mainly in reduction of glutathione disulfide as well as in deglutathionylation of target proteins...
- Trypanosoma cruzi calmodulin: cloning, expression and characterizationYael Garcia-Marchan
Centro de Biociencias y Medicina Molecular, Instituto de Estudios Avanzados IDEA, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Caracas 1080, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
Exp Parasitol 123:326-33. 2009..cruzi CaM...
- Initial characterization of a recombinant kynureninase from Trypanosoma cruzi identified from an EST databaseGabriela Ecco
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural, Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, 88040 900 Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Gene 448:1-6. 2009..cruzi kynureninase. Further experimental assays will be performed to fully understand the importance of this enzyme for T. cruzi metabolism...
- Molecular characterization and intracellular distribution of the alpha 5 subunit of Trypanosoma cruzi 20S proteasomeBessy Gutiérrez
Health Sciences Faculty, University of Antofagasta, Antofagasta, Chile
Parasitol Int 58:367-74. 2009..Proteasome 20S was present in all T. cruzi stages and only slight differences in terms of relative abundance were found. The potential role of the proteasome in kinetoplast remodeling remains to be determined...
- Subcellular localization of Trypanosoma cruzi arginine kinaseMariana R Miranda
Laboratorio de Biología Molecular de Trypanosoma cruzi LBMTC, Instituto de Investigaciones Médicas IDIM, CONICET and Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Parasitology 136:1201-7. 2009..The knowledge of the subcellular localization of phosphagen kinases is a crucial issue to understand their physiological role in protozoan parasites...
- Cloning and characterization of a DNA polymerase beta gene from Trypanosoma cruziJuan A Venegas
Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, ICBM, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 70086, Santiago 7, Chile
Parasitol Int 58:187-92. 2009....
- Developmental expression of a Trypanosoma cruzi phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C in amastigotes and stimulation of host phosphoinositide hydrolysisVicente de Paulo Martins
Center for Tropical and Emerging Global Diseases, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 2607, USA
Infect Immun 78:4206-12. 2010..The presence of TcPI-PLC on the outer surface of the plasma membrane of the parasite and the capacity to be secreted and to alter host phospholipids are novel mechanisms of the host-parasite interaction...
- Distinct acetylation of Trypanosoma cruzi histone H4 during cell cycle, parasite differentiation, and after DNA damageSheila Cristina Nardelli
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Botucatu 862 8A, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, 04023 062, Brazil
Chromosoma 118:487-99. 2009..cruzi. While K4 acetylation occurs preferentially in proliferating situations and accumulates in packed chromatin, K10 and K14 acetylations have a particular distribution probably at the boundaries between packed and unpacked chromatin...
- Cloning and characterization of DNA polymerase eta from Trypanosoma cruzi: roles for translesion bypass of oxidative damageMichelle Barbi de Moura
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, MG, Brazil
Environ Mol Mutagen 50:375-86. 2009..However the overexpression of the gene only interferes in response to oxidative lesions, possibly due to the presence of these lesions during the S phase...
- DNA polymerase kappa from Trypanosoma cruzi localizes to the mitochondria, bypasses 8-oxoguanine lesions and performs DNA synthesis in a recombination intermediateM A Rajão
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, ICB, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, Caixa Postal 486, Belo Horizonte 30161 970, MG, Brazil
Mol Microbiol 71:185-97. 2009..cruzi resistance to high doses of gamma irradiation and zeocin and can catalyse DNA synthesis within recombination intermediates...
- Trypanosoma cruzi nucleoside diphosphate kinase 1 ( TcNDPK1) has a broad nuclease activityM R Miranda
Laboratorio de Biología Molecular de Trypanosoma cruzi LBMTC, Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas A Lanari, Universidad de Buenos Aires and CONICET, Combatientes de Malvinas 3150, 1427 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Parasitology 135:1661-6. 2008..Furthermore, phenogram analysis showed that TcNDPK1 is close to Drosophila melanogaster and human NDPKs. The unspecific nuclease activity could suggest a participation in cellular processes such as programmed cell death...
- Natural CD4(+) T-cell responses against Trypanosoma cruzi KMP-11 protein in chronic chagasic patientsAdriana Cuellar
Grupo de Inmunobiología y Biología Celular, Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogota, Colombia
Immunol Cell Biol 87:149-53. 2009..This is the first description of T. cruzi KMP-11 protein recognition by CD4(+) T cells in chronic chagasic patients...
- Relevance of the diversity among members of the Trypanosoma cruzi trans-sialidase family analyzed with camelids single-domain antibodiesLaura Ratier
Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnologicas Instituto Tecnologico de Chascomus IIB INTECH, Universidad Nacional de General San Martin CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 3:e3524. 2008..cruzi to evade the host immune system...
- Structures of Trypanosoma cruzi dihydroorotate dehydrogenase complexed with substrates and products: atomic resolution insights into mechanisms of dihydroorotate oxidation and fumarate reductionDaniel Ken Inaoka
Department of Biomedical Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Biochemistry 47:10881-91. 2008....
- EXPANDED PROTEIN STRUCTURE REFINEMENT AND VALIDATIONEthan Merritt; Fiscal Year: 2005..This, in turn, will make it easier to identify key biological features such as the presence and conformation of bound ligands, and the nature of hinge and inter-domain motions. ..
- Software tools for analysis and visulaization of protein structureEthan A Merritt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The algorithms and computation tools developed as part of this work will be distributed freely, and we will provide web-based state of the art analysis of structures submitted by external researchers. ..