Genomes and Genes
Alias: cats, domestic cat, Felis catus, Korat cats, Felis domesticus, Felis silvestris catus, Felis catus Linnaeus, 1758
Publications828 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of the effects of selamectin against adult and immature stages of fleas (Ctenocephalides felis felis) on dogs and catsT L McTier
Animal Health Clinical Affairs, Central Research Division, Pfizer Inc, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Vet Parasitol 91:201-12. 2000..ovicidal, and larvicidal effects of selamectin against flea (Ctenocephalides felis felis) infestations on dogs and cats were evaluated in a series of seven controlled and masked studies (three in cats, four in dogs)...
- Antifeeding effect of several insecticidal formulations against Ctenocephalides felis on catsM Franc
Unité de Dermatologie Parasitologie, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, Toulouse
Parasite 5:83-6. 1998..To address this question, 30 cats were alloted to six groups of five animals. Each cat was housed in a separate cage...
- Structure, origin, and transforming activity of feline leukemia virus-myc recombinant provirus FTTD L Doggett
Department of Cancer Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Virol 63:2108-17. 1989A myc-containing recombinant feline leukemia provirus, designated FTT, was molecularly cloned from the cat T-cell lymphoma line F422. Its transforming activity, as well as the nucleotide sequence of the 3' 2...
- Complete nucleotide sequences of the domestic cat (Felis catus) mitochondrial genome and a transposed mtDNA tandem repeat (Numt) in the nuclear genomeJ V Lopez
Biological Carcinogenesis and Development Program, SAIC Frederick, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland, USA
Genomics 33:229-46. 1996The complete 17,009-bp mitochondrial genome of the domestic cat, Felis catus, has been sequenced and conforms largely to the typical organization of previously characterized mammalian mtDNAs...
- Feline aminopeptidase N serves as a receptor for feline, canine, porcine, and human coronaviruses in serogroup ID B Tresnan
Department of Microbiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
J Virol 70:8669-74. 1996..canine coronaviruses in serogroup I that are able to use fAPN as a receptor have previously been shown to infect cats without causing disease...
- Molecular evidence regarding the origin of echolocation and flight in batsE C Teeling
Queen s University of Belfast, Biology and Biochemistry, UK
Nature 403:188-92. 2000....
- Canine and feline parvoviruses can use human or feline transferrin receptors to bind, enter, and infect cellsJ S Parker
James A Baker Institute, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Virol 75:3896-902. 2001..The feline TfR gene (TRFC) also mapped to feline chromosome C2. These data indicate that cell susceptibility for these viruses is determined by the TfR...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel carboxylesterase-like protein that is physiologically present at high concentrations in the urine of domestic cats (Felis catus)Masao Miyazaki
Department of Agro bioscience, Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, 3 18 8 Ueda, Morioka 020 8550, Japan
Biochem J 370:101-10. 2003..Proteinuria is the most commonly recognized abnormality in renal disease. However, healthy domestic cats ( Felis catus ) excrete proteins at high concentrations (about 0.5 mg/ml) in their urine...
- A molecular phylogeny for bats illuminates biogeography and the fossil recordEmma C Teeling
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Science 307:580-4. 2005....
- Spontaneous feline mammary carcinoma is a model of HER2 overexpressing poor prognosis human breast cancerRaffaella De Maria
Department of Animal Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Turin, Grugliasco, Turin, Italy
Cancer Res 65:907-12. 2005....
- Different thresholds of T cell activation regulate FIV infection of CD4+CD25+ and CD4+CD25- cellsAnjali Joshi
Immunology Program, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Virology 335:212-21. 2005..This holds implications in vivo for CD4(+)CD25(+) and CD4(+)CD25(-) cells to serve as potential reservoirs of a productive and latent FIV infection...
- Tyrosinase and tyrosinase related protein 1 alleles specify domestic cat coat color phenotypes of the albino and brown lociA Schmidt-Küntzel
Basic Research Program, SAIC Frederick, NCI Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Hered 96:289-301. 2005..To investigate their influence in domestic cat coat color, we determined the complete nucleotide coding sequence of the domestic cat genes tyrosinase (TYR)--a ..
- Effect of antineoplastic drugs on the expression of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL genes in the feline T-cell leukemia cell lineJunichi Sano
Department of Pathobiology, Nihon University School of Veterinary Medicine, 1866, Kameino, Fujisawa, Kanagawa, 252 8510, Japan
Res Vet Sci 79:197-201. 2005..2- and 5.8-folds to the controls and inducible level of Bcl-xL by vincristine was decreased about 0.35-folds...
- The antiretroviral activity of APOBEC3 is inhibited by the foamy virus accessory Bet proteinMartin Lochelt
Department Genome Modifications and Carcinogenesis, Focus Infection and Cancer, German Cancer Research Center, 69009 Heidelberg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7982-7. 2005..This is the first report that, in addition to lentiviruses, the foamy viruses also developed APOBEC3-counter-acting proteins...
- Chocolate coated cats: TYRP1 mutations for brown color in domestic catsLeslie A Lyons
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, 1114 Tupper Hall, Davis, California 95616, USA
Mamm Genome 16:356-66. 2005..Brown variations are also recognized in the domestic cat, but the causative mutations are unknown. In cats, Brown, B, has a suggested allelic series, B > b > b1...
- A homozygous single-base deletion in MLPH causes the dilute coat color phenotype in the domestic catYasuko Ishida
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute, Building 560, Room 11 38, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Genomics 88:698-705. 2006..The dilute phenotype in domestic cats affects both eumelanin and phaeomelanin pigment pathways; for example, black pigmentation combined with dilute ..
- Asymmetric binding of transferrin receptor to parvovirus capsidsSusan Hafenstein
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, 915 West State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:6585-9. 2007....
- Four independent mutations in the feline fibroblast growth factor 5 gene determine the long-haired phenotype in domestic catsJAMES S KEHLER
The Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Hered 98:555-66. 2007To determine the genetic regulation of "hair length" in the domestic cat, a whole-genome scan was performed in a multigenerational pedigree in which the "long-haired" phenotype was segregating...
- A validation of 10 feline reference genes for gene expression measurements in snap-frozen tissuesLouis C Penning
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 104, PO Box 80154, 3508 TD Utrechet, The Netherlands
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 120:212-22. 2007..For cats, in contrast to dogs, no validation of reference genes has been published...
- Transforming growth factor-beta/transforming growth factor-betaRII signaling may regulate CD4+CD25+ T-regulatory cell homeostasis and suppressor function in feline AIDS lentivirus infectionChristopher S Petty
Immunology Program, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:148-60. 2008..Treg) cells are fully activated for suppressor function in feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)-infected cats. Studies have suggested that surface transforming growth factor-beta (TGFbeta; membrane TGFbeta [mTGFbeta]) is a ..
- Functions, structure, and read-through alternative splicing of feline APOBEC3 genesCarsten Munk
Division of Medical Biotechnology, Paul Ehrlich Institut, 63225 Langen, Germany
Genome Biol 9:R48. 2008..While primates encode seven of these genes (A3A to A3H), rodents carry only a single A3 gene...
- Verification of measurement of the feline serum amyloid A (SAA) concentration by human SAA turbidimetric immunoassay and its clinical applicationTakashi Tamamoto
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 70:1247-52. 2008Serum amyloid A (SAA) is one of the major acute phase proteins in cats that has potential to be used as an inflammatory marker...
- Binding site on the transferrin receptor for the parvovirus capsid and effects of altered affinity on cell uptake and infectionLaura B Goodman
Baker Institute for Animal Health, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853, USA
J Virol 84:4969-78. 2010....
- Feline lectin activity is critical for the cellular entry of feline infectious peritonitis virusAndrew D Regan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Virol 84:7917-21. 2010..Here, we report identification and analysis of the feline homologue to the human lectin DC-SIGN and show that it is a coreceptor for virulent strains of serotype 1 and serotype 2 feline coronaviruses...
- The naked truth: Sphynx and Devon Rex cat breed mutations in KRT71Barbara Gandolfi
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, 1114 Tupper Hall, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mamm Genome 21:509-15. 2010..The coding sequence and the 3' UTR of KRT71 were directly sequenced in randomly bred and pedigreed domestic cats with different pelage mutations, including hairless varieties...
- Sequence variation and mRNA expression of the TWIST1 gene in cats with mammary hyperplasia and neoplasiaCláudia S Baptista
Department of Veterinary Clinics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, University of Porto ICBAS UP, Largo Prof Abel Salazar, 2, 4099 003 Porto, Portugal
Vet J 191:203-7. 2012..TWIST1 gene was screened for sequence variations in 37 neoplastic and eight hyperplastic mammary gland lesions from cats. In addition, mRNA levels were examined in 15 mammary tumours and three cases of mammary hyperplasia by ..
- Intriguing interplay between feline infectious peritonitis virus and its receptors during entry in primary feline monocytesEvelien Van Hamme
Laboratory of Virology, Department of Virology, Parasitology and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Virus Res 160:32-9. 2011..Most FIPV I particles already interact with fDC-SIGN at the plasma membrane. For FIPV II, both fAPN and fDC-SIGN are involved in infection with only fAPN playing a receptor role at the plasma membrane...
- Molecular and functional interactions of cat APOBEC3 and feline foamy and immunodeficiency virus proteins: different ways to counteract host-encoded restrictionSarah Chareza
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Research Program Infection and Cancer, Heidelberg, Germany
Virology 424:138-46. 2012..Additionally, one-domain feA3 proteins can homo- and hetero-dimerize in vitro, but a trans-dominant phenotype of any of the low-activity feA3 forms on FFV restriction by one of the highly-active feA3Z2 proteins was not detectable...
- First WNK4-hypokalemia animal model identified by genome-wide association in Burmese catsBarbara Gandolfi
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e53173. 2012Burmese is an old and popular cat breed, however, several health concerns, such as hypokalemia and a craniofacial defect, are prevalent, endangering the general health of the breed...
- Feline glycoprotein A repetitions predominant anchors transforming growth factor beta on the surface of activated CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells and mediates AIDS lentivirus-induced T cell immunodeficiencyMichelle M Miller
Immunology Program, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27607, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 29:641-51. 2013..We demonstrate that the GARP(+) Treg cells from FIV-infected cats suppress T helper cells in vivo and that blocking GARP or TGFb eliminates this suppression...
- Feline serum amyloid A protein as an endogenous Toll-like receptor 4 agonistTakashi Tamamoto
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 155:190-6. 2013..amyloid A (SAA) is one of the major acute phase proteins and a biomarker of infection or inflammation in humans and cats. In humans, cytokine-like functions of SAA protein have been determined, and SAA is considered to be an important ..
- Identification and genotyping of feline infectious peritonitis-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms in the feline interferon-γ geneLi En Hsieh
Graduate Institute of Veterinary Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
Vet Res 45:57. 2014..Currently, no protective vaccine or effective treatment for the disease is available. Studies have found that some cats survive the challenge of virulent FCoV isolates...
- Vif of feline immunodeficiency virus from domestic cats protects against APOBEC3 restriction factors from many felidsJörg Zielonka
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University, Building 23 12 U1 87, Moorenstr 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Virol 84:7312-24. 2010..A3) cytidine deaminases in the species-specific restriction of feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) of the domestic cat, we tested the A3 proteins present in big cats (puma, lion, tiger, and lynx)...
- Frequency and inheritance of A and B blood types in feline breeds of the United StatesU Giger
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104 6010
J Hered 82:15-20. 1991..hemagglutination assay to determine A and B blood types, we surveyed 1,072 domestic short- and longhair (DSH/DLH) cats and 1,100 purebred cats in the United States...
- Activation of the feline c-fms proto-oncogene: multiple alterations are required to generate a fully transformed phenotypeJ Woolford
Department of Cell Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Cell 55:965-77. 1988....
- Erythropoietin structure-function relationships: high degree of sequence homology among mammalsD Wen
Hematology Oncology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Blood 82:1507-16. 1993..allowed us to amplify by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) intron 1/exon 2 fragments from genomic DNA of the hamster, cat, lion, dog, horse, sheep, dolphin, and pig...
- Cloning and mapping of cat (Felis catus) immunoglobulin and T-cell receptor genesK Cho
The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113, Japan
Immunogenetics 47:226-33. 1998..out to provide basic information for genetic analysis of immunologic diseases including leukemias and lymphomas in cats. We cloned two Ig constant genes, IGHM and IGHG and three TcR constant genes, TRAC, TRGC, and TRDC, by polymerase ..
- Preferential feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) infection of CD4+ CD25+ T-regulatory cells correlates both with surface expression of CXCR4 and activation of FIV long terminal repeat binding cellular transcriptional factorsAnjali Joshi
Immunology Program, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
J Virol 79:4965-76. 2005..This is the first report elucidating the mechanisms that allow for productive lentiviral infection of CD4+ CD25+ Treg cells...
- Purified feline and canine transferrin receptors reveal complex interactions with the capsids of canine and feline parvoviruses that correspond to their host rangesLaura M Palermo
Baker Institute for Animal Health, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca NY 14853, USA
J Virol 80:8482-92. 2006..The purified feline TfR inhibited FPV and CPV-2 binding and infection of feline cells but not CPV-2b, indicating that the receptor binding may be able to prevent the attachment to the same receptor on cells...
- Multiple restrictions of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in feline cellsCarsten Munk
Division of Medical Biotechnology, Paul Ehrlich Institut, Paul Ehrlich Str 51 59, 63225 Langen, Germany
J Virol 81:7048-60. 2007..model for HIV-1 studies prompted us to examine the susceptibility of feline cells in order to evaluate the cat (Felis catus) as an animal model for studying HIV-1...
- Cytidine monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase (CMAH) mutations associated with the domestic cat AB blood groupBarbara Bighignoli
Istituto di Zootecnica, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
BMC Genet 8:27. 2007The cat has one common blood group with two major serotypes, blood type A that is dominant to type B. A rare type AB may also be allelic and is suspected to be recessive to A and dominant to B...
- Extensive gene conversion between CCR2 and CCR5 in domestic cat (Felis catus)P J Esteves
CIBIO, Centro de Investigacao em Biodiversidade e Recursos Geneticos, Campus Agrário de Vairão, Vairao, Portugal
Int J Immunogenet 34:321-4. 2007Homogenization of the CC-motif chemokine receptors CCR2 and CCR5 of cat (Felis catus) is documented and shown to be the outcome of gene conversion within the feline lineage...
- Embryonic gene activation in in vitro produced embryos of the domestic cat (Felis catus)R Waurich
Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research IZW, Berlin, Germany
Reproduction 140:531-40. 2010..To describe the dynamic and temporal patterns of EGA in the cat, the mRNA expression of developmentally important genes (DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3A, DNMT1 and DNMT3A; gap ..
- Activation of AKT in feline mammary carcinoma: a new prognostic factor for feline mammary tumoursL Maniscalco
University of Turin, School of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Pathology, Via L da Vinci 44, 10095 Grugliasco, Italy
Vet J 191:65-71. 2012..receptors was assessed by immunohistochemistry (IHC) in 27 malignant and 12 benign mammary tumours from 39 female cats followed up over a 24-month period...
- A novel CYP27B1 mutation causes a feline vitamin D-dependent rickets type IARobert A Grahn
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Feline Med Surg 14:587-90. 2012A 12-week-old domestic cat presented at a local veterinary clinic with hypocalcemia and skeletal abnormalities suggestive of rickets...
- N-glycolylneuraminic acid and N-acetylneuraminic acid define feline blood group A and B antigensG A Andrews
Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506 5605
Blood 79:2485-91. 1992Blood group incompatibility causes transfusion reactions and neonatal isoerythrolysis in cats. We investigated the molecular nature of the blood group antigens from cats that had blood type A, B, and AB erythrocytes...
- The role of feline aminopeptidase N as a receptor for infectious bronchitis virus. Brief reviewB Miguel
Department of Basic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State 39762, USA
Arch Virol 147:2047-56. 2002..The hamster cells became permissive to IBV after transfection with a fAPN cDNA suggesting that the feline APN molecule plays a role in IBV entry...
- Amino acid sequence of the Felis catus prion proteinDominikus A Lysek
Institut fur Molekularbiologie und Biophysik, HPK G5, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, Honggerberg, Zurich CH 8093, Switzerland
Gene 341:249-53. 2004A new determination of the house cat (Felis catus) prion protein gene sequence (fPrnp), which has so far been subject of controversy, is reported...
- Characterization of C-, J- and V-region-genes of the feline T-cell receptor gammaA Th A Weiss
Institut für Veterinär Pathologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 124:63-74. 2008Lymphomas and leukemias are important neoplasias of domestic cats and human beings. In some cases it can be difficult to differentiate these tumors from reactive lymphatic hyperplasia...
- Cutaneous mycoflora and CD4:CD8 ratio of cats infected with feline immunodeficiency virusArchivaldo Reche
Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CEP 05508 270 São Paulo, Brazil
J Feline Med Surg 12:355-8. 2010..to compare cutaneous mycoflora isolation and CD4+:CD8+ ratio in feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV)-infected cats with that in FIV-uninfected cats. Sixty cats were examined...
- Clinical significance of renal pelvic dilatation on ultrasound in dogs and catsMarc André D'Anjou
Companion Animal Research Group, Departement de Sciences Cliniques, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universith de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, QC, Canada J2S 7C6
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 52:88-94. 2011Renal pelvic dilatation is often recognized sonographically in dogs and cats, but ranges of measurements expected with different urologic conditions remain unknown...
- 16alpha-Bromo-epiandrosterone therapy modulates experimental feline immunodeficiency virus viremia: initial enhancement leading to long-term suppressionNiels C Pedersen
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 94:133-48. 2003..DHEA), was evaluated for its effects on feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) infection in experimental cats. The rationale for this study was based on the ability of DHEA to significantly reduce the mortality to viral ..
- Effect of preexisting FeLV infection or FeLV and feline immunodeficiency virus coinfection on pathogenicity of the small variant of Haemobartonella felis in catsJeanne W George
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1172-8. 2002To investigate the effects of preexisting FeLV infection or FeLV and feline immunodeficiency (FIV) coinfection on the pathogenicity of the small variant of Haemobartonella felis (Hfsm, California variant) in cats.
- Seroprevalences of feline leukemia virus and feline immunodeficiency virus in cats with abscesses or bite wounds and rate of veterinarian compliance with current guidelines for retrovirus testingCarrie E Goldkamp
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 232:1152-8. 2008To determine the seroprevalences of and seroconversion rates for FeLV and FIV infection in cats treated for bite wounds and cutaneous abscesses and to evaluate compliance with recommendations to determine the retrovirus infection status ..
- Qualitative and quantitative observations on the flea population dynamics of dogs and cats in several areas of GermanyW Beck
Institute for Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Leopoldstrasse 5, 80802 Munich, Germany
Vet Parasitol 137:130-6. 2006..country-wide study on the spectrum, the epidemiology and the population dynamics of flea infestations in dogs and cats, important preliminary results from the three areas of Karlsruhe, Nuernberg and Leipzig are presented...
- Prevalence of feline immunodeficiency virus infection in domesticated and feral cats in eastern AustraliaJacqueline M Norris
Faculty of Veterinary Science, Building B14, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Feline Med Surg 9:300-8. 2007Serum samples from 340 pet cats presented to three inner city clinics in Sydney Australia, 68 feral cats from two separate colonies in Sydney, and 329 cattery-confined pedigree and domestic cats in eastern Australia, were collected over a ..
- Risk analysis of feline immunodeficiency virus infection in Tsushima leopard cats (Prionailurus bengalensis euptilurus) and domestic cats using a geographic information systemShin ichi Hayama
Laboratory of Wildlife Medicine, Department of Veterinary Science, Nippon Veterinary and Life Science University, Musashino, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 72:1113-8. 2010In this study, based on the data from FIV screening surveys of captive cats conducted by the Kyushu Veterinary Union and collaborators as part of the infection control program for Tsushima leopard cats (Prionailurus bengalensis euptilurus)..
- An analysis of orientation and ocular dominance patterns in the visual cortex of cats and ferretsT Muller
Department of Computer Science, TU Berlin, Germany
Neural Comput 12:2573-95. 2000We report an analysis of orientation and ocular dominance maps that were recorded optically from area 17 of cats and ferrets...
- Comparison of insulin signaling gene expression in insulin sensitive tissues between cats and dogsA Mori
Department of Veterinary Science, Nippon Veterinary and Life Science University, 1 7 1 Kyonancho, Musashino, Tokyo, 180 8602, Japan
Vet Res Commun 33:211-26. 2009Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a common endocrine disease in cats and dogs with increasing prevalence. Type 1 DM appears to be the most common form of diabetes in dogs whereas Type 2 DM prevails for cats...
- Natural feline coronavirus infection: differences in cytokine patterns in association with the outcome of infectionAnja Kipar
Institut für Veterinär Pathologie, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Frankfurter Strasse 96, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 112:141-55. 2006..A minority of cats, however, develop feline infectious peritonitis (FIP), a fatal systemic granulomatous disease...
- Effects of opioids and anesthetic drugs on body temperature in catsLysa P Posner
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State College of Veterinary Medicine, 4700 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 37:35-43. 2010To determine which class of opioid alone or in conjunction with other anesthetic drugs causes post-anesthetic hyperthermia in cats.
- Primary immune-mediated hemolytic anemia in 19 cats: diagnosis, therapy, and outcome (1998-2004)Barbara Kohn
Clinic for Small Animals, Free University of Berlin, Oertzenweg 19b, D 14163 Berlin, Germany
J Vet Intern Med 20:159-66. 2006Immune-mediated hemolytic anemia (IMHA) occurs less frequently in cats than in dogs. The value of the Coombs' test (CT) has been questioned, but detailed surveys of its use are lacking...
- Efficacy of Droncit Spot-on (praziquantel) 4% w/v against immature and mature Echinococcus multilocularis in catsD J Jenkins
Australian Hydatid Control and Epidemiology Program, 12 Mildura Street, ACT 2609, Fyshwick, Australia
Int J Parasitol 30:959-62. 2000..tapeworm Echinococcus multilocularis, is extending its geographical range in Europe and has been found in domestic cats in some areas...
- Plasma fentanyl concentrations in awake cats and cats undergoing anesthesia and ovariohysterectomy using transdermal administrationChristine M Egger
Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Vet Anaesth Analg 30:229-36. 2003To measure the plasma fentanyl concentrations achieved over time with transdermal fentanyl patches in awake cats and cats undergoing anesthesia and ovariohysterectomy.
- Low seroprevalence of Leishmania infantum infection in cats from northern Portugal based on DAT and ELISALuis Cardoso
Department of Veterinary Sciences, University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, P O Box 1013, 5001 801 Vila Real, Portugal
Vet Parasitol 174:37-42. 2010b>Cats have been considered playing a role in the epidemiology of leishmaniasis caused by Leishmania infantum, an endemic zoonosis in countries of the Mediterranean basin. The present study assessed the prevalence of antibodies to L...
- Dose selection of selamectin for efficacy against adult fleas (Ctenocephalides felis felis) on dogs and catsT L McTier
Animal Health Clinical Affairs, Central Research Division, Pfizer Inc, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Vet Parasitol 91:177-85. 2000Selamectin, a novel avermectin, was evaluated in two controlled studies (one in Beagles, one in domestic shorthaired cats) to determine an appropriate topical dose for efficacy against adult Ctenocephalides felis felis (C...
- Cat and dog ownership and management patterns in central ItalyMargaret R Slater
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, College Station, TX 77843 4458, USA
Prev Vet Med 85:267-94. 2008..randomly selected households were interviewed by telephone to determine the numbers and management of owned cats and dogs in the Teramo Province of Italy...
- Treatment of cats with ocular disease attributable to herpesvirus infection: 17 cases (1983-1993)J Stiles
Department of Small Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens 30602 7390, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 207:599-603. 1995Medical records of 17 cats with ocular disease attributable to herpesvirus injection were reviewed. Herpesvirus infection was confirmed by a positive result on an immunofluorescent antibody test or by detection of dendritic corneal ulcers...
- Tissue cyst tropism in Toxoplasma gondii: a comparison of tissue cyst formation in organs of cats, and rodents fed oocystsJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville MD 20705 2350, USA
Parasitology 115:15-20. 1997The persistence of Toxoplasma gondii tissue cysts in organs of cats (definitive host) and rodents (intermediate hosts) was studied. Nine cats, 12 rats, and 12 mice were fed T...
- The effects of bimatoprost and unoprostone isopropyl on the intraocular pressure of normal catsJoshua T Bartoe
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS, USA
Vet Ophthalmol 8:247-52. 2005..03% bimatoprost solution is applied once daily or 0.15% unoprostone isopropyl solution is applied twice daily topically to the eyes of normal cats.
- Free-roaming dogs and cats in central Italy: public perceptions of the problemMargaret R Slater
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4458, USA
Prev Vet Med 84:27-47. 2008..of randomly selected households examined the extent and types of problems associated with free-roaming dogs and cats in the Teramo province of Italy...
- Prevalence of IgG antibodies to Encephalitozoon cuniculi and Toxoplasma gondii in cats with and without chronic kidney disease from VirginiaVasha Hsu
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA
Vet Parasitol 176:23-6. 2011Kidney disease is a common and serious condition in domestic cats. There are numerous causes of kidney disease including parasitic infection...
- Abnormal excitability in capsaicin-responsive DRG neurons from cats with feline interstitial cystitisAdrian Sculptoreanu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, W1354 Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Exp Neurol 193:437-43. 2005Interstitial cystitis (IC) is a painful disorder which affects urinary bladder function in cats and humans...
- Neuroplasticity in specific limbic system circuits may mediate specific kindling induced changes in animal affect-implications for understanding anxiety associated with epilepsyR Adamec
Department of Psychology, Memorial University, Nfld, A1B 3X9, St John s, Canada
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 24:705-23. 2000..the effects of low frequency stimulation (LFS) of the amygdala on behavioral effects of kindling in rats and cats. These studies tested the hypothesis that kindling induced long term potentiation (KLTP) in amygdala circuits ..
- Seroepidemiology of Toxoplasma gondii in zoo animals in selected zoos in the midwestern United StatesSilvia de Camps
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1092, USA
J Parasitol 94:648-53. 2008..7%) of 14 snow leopards (Uncia uncia). Antibodies were found in 10 of 34 feral domestic cats (Felis domesticus) trapped in 3 zoos...
- Nuclear transfer of synchronized african wild cat somatic cells into enucleated domestic cat oocytesMartha C Gómez
Department of Animal Science, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1032-41. 2003..was to investigate the ability of somatic cell nuclei of the African wild cat (AWC) to dedifferentiate within domestic cat (DSH) cytoplasts and to support early development after nuclear transplantation...
- Cryopreservation of epididymal cat spermatozoa: effects of in vitro antioxidative enzymes supplementation and lipid peroxidation inductionP Thuwanut
Division of Reproduction, Department of Clinical Sciences, P O Box 7054, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, Uppsala, Sweden
Theriogenology 73:1076-87. 2010..Epididymal spermatozoa harvested from 39 male cats were pooled and divided into 13 aliquots (n=13)...
- Comparative seroreactivity to Bartonella henselae and Bartonella quintana among cats from Israel and North CarolinaG Baneth
Department of Companion Animal and Special Species Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27606, USA
Vet Microbiol 50:95-103. 1996..b>Cats are the natural reservoir for B. henselae, whereas a mammalian reservoir host for B...
- Calcium/calmodulin kinase inhibitors and immunosuppressant macrolides rapamycin and FK506 inhibit progestin- and glucocorticosteroid receptor-mediated transcription in human breast cancer T47D cellsS Le Bihan
URA 1218 Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique, Chatenay Malabry, France
Mol Endocrinol 12:986-1001. 1998..The lines contain the chloramphenicol acetyl transferase (CAT) gene under control either of the mouse mammary tumor virus promoter (T47D-MMTV-CAT), or the minimal promoter ..
- [Serologic studies of domestic cats for potential human pathogenic virus infections from wild rodents]N Nowotny
Institut fur Virologie, Veterinärmedizinischen Universität Wien
Zentralbl Hyg Umweltmed 198:452-61. 1996..results presented in this paper, together with virological and epidemiological data, indicate that the domestic cat plays an important role only in the transmission of orthopoxviruses to human beings, but not in the case of ..
- Key role of the 3' untranslated region in the cell cycle regulated expression of the Leishmania infantum histone H2A genes: minor synergistic effect of the 5' untranslated regionDaniel R Abanades
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, Departamento de Biologia Molecular, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, CSIC UAM, Nicolas Cabrera 1, 28049 Madrid, Spain
BMC Mol Biol 10:48. 2009..Histone synthesis in Leishmania is tightly coupled to DNA replication by a post-transcriptional mechanism operating at the level of translation...
- Counterpointing the functional role of the forebrain and of the brainstem in the control of the sleep-waking systemJaime R Villablanca
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Mental Retardation Research Center and Department of Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Sleep Res 13:179-208. 2004..Long-term cats with mesencephalic transection show behavioral/polygraphic rapid eye movement sleep (REMS), including the typical ..
- Bronchodilators in bronchoscopy-induced airflow limitation in allergen-sensitized catsNathalie Kirschvink
Department for Functional Sciences B41, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
J Vet Intern Med 19:161-7. 2005..function, determined by barometric whole-body plethysmography (BWBP), of healthy and allergen-sensitized cats. Furthermore, the efficacy of inhaled bronchodilators in preventing changes in respiratory function was determined...
- Testis morphometry, seminiferous epithelium cycle length, and daily sperm production in domestic cats (Felis catus)Luiz R Franca
Laboratory of Cellular Biology, Department of Morphology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil 31270 901
Biol Reprod 68:1554-61. 2003..studies with other fields, the data obtained in the present work might be useful in future studies in which the domestic cat could be utilized as an appropriate receptor model for preservation of genetic stock from rare or endangered ..
- Chemical mechanism of a cysteine protease, cathepsin C, as revealed by integration of both steady-state and pre-steady-state solvent kinetic isotope effectsJessica L Schneck
Department of Biological Reagents and Assay Development and Discovery Technology Group, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, 1250 South Collegeville Road, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426 0989, USA
Biochemistry 47:8697-710. 2008..The pH(D) rate profiles for both log k cat/ K m and log k cat conformed to bell-shaped curves for which an inverse solvent kinetic isotope effect (sKIE) of 0...
- Toxoplasmosis in Sand cats (Felis margarita) and other animals in the Breeding Centre for Endangered Arabian Wildlife in the United Arab Emirates and Al Wabra Wildlife Preservation, the State of QatarJ P Dubey
U S Department of Agriculture, Animal Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Disease Laboratory, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 172:195-203. 2010The Sand cat (Felis margarita) is a small-sized felid found in sand and stone deserts ranging from the north of Africa to Asia, with the Arabian Peninsula as its centre of distribution...
- [Bacteriological and virological status in upper respiratory tract infections of cats (cat common cold complex)]Kerstin Adler
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 120:120-5. 2007Between October 2002 and January 2005,460 bacteriological samples from cats with an acute upper respiratory tract infection were analysed in clinical field studies in two accredited laboratories in Germany...
- Genogrouping of vaccine breakdown strains (VBS) of feline calicivirus in JapanK Ohe
School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, Kanagawa, Japan
Vet Res Commun 31:497-507. 2007..has been attempted, and isolation of FCV, development of the disease, and a few fatal cases in vaccinated cats have been reported...
- Rochalimaea henselae infection. A new zoonosis with the domestic cat as reservoirJ E Koehler
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco 94143 1204
JAMA 271:531-5. 1994..for Rochalimaea henselae, a causative agent of bacillary angiomatosis (BA) and cat scratch disease, and to estimate the percentage of domestic cats with R henselae bacteremia in the Greater San Francisco Bay Region of Northern California.
- Prevalence of endoparasites in household cat (Felis catus) populations from Transylvania (Romania) and association with risk factorsViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, Cod 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 171:163-6. 2010There is no current information regarding the prevalence of parasites in Romanian cats. Consequently, we conducted a study to evaluate the prevalence of endoparasites in a sample of household cats in the Transylvania region, to point out ..
- Development of in vitro matured, in vitro fertilized domestic cat embryos following cryopreservation, culture and transferMartha C Gómez
The Audubon Nature Institute Center for Research of Endangered Species, New Orleans, LA 70131, USA
Theriogenology 60:239-51. 2003..b>Domestic cat oocytes matured in vitro exhibit alterations in nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation that may affect ..
- When cats' ways of life interact with their viruses: a study in 15 natural populations of owned and unowned cats (Felis silvestris catus)E Hellard
Universite de Lyon, Université Lyon1, CNRS, UMR 5558, Laboratoire de Biometrie et Biologie Evolutive, 43 Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, F 69622, Villeurbanne, France
Prev Vet Med 101:250-64. 2011..parvovirus (FPV) infection in owned (fed and sheltered) and unowned (neither fed nor sheltered, unsocialized) cats living in a rural environment in the North Eastern part of France...
- Demography of the pet dog and cat population on the island of Ireland and human factors influencing pet ownershipMartin Downes
Centre for Veterinary Epidemiology and Risk Analysis, Veterinary Science Centre, UCD School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Prev Vet Med 92:140-9. 2009..was designed and administered to households to collect data about the demographics of households and their dogs and cats. The questions related to location, building structure, social class, nationality and family structure of the ..
- Serological response of cats to experimental Besnoitia darlingi and Besnoitia neotomofelis infections and prevalence of antibodies to these parasites in cats from Virginia and PennsylvaniaAlice E Houk
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0342, USA
J Parasitol 97:259-61. 2011..darlingi and Besnoitia neotomofelis are cyst-forming tissue apicomplexan parasites that use domestic cats (Felis domesticus) as definitive hosts and opossums (Didelphis virginiana ) and Southern Plains woodrats (Neotoma micropus) as ..
- Cervical patency during non-ovulatory and ovulatory estrus cycles in domestic catsKaywalee Chatdarong
Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Theriogenology 66:804-10. 2006The cervix functions as a barrier to spermatozoa. Vaginal artificial insemination in cats is, therefore, likely to be successful only at the period of estrus when the cervix is open...
- Feline leprosy: two different clinical syndromesR Malik
Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Feline Med Surg 4:43-59. 2002Feline leprosy refers to a condition in which cats develop granulomas of the subcutis and skin in association with intracellular acid-fast bacilli that do not grow on routine laboratory media...
- Prevalence of ectoparasites in a population of feral cats from north central Florida during the summerLisa H Akucewich
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, P O Box 100126, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Vet Parasitol 109:129-39. 2002Ectoparasites are a common and important cause of skin disorders in cats. Ectoparasites are capable of disease transmission and can cause life-threatening anemia in young or debilitated animals...
- Developmental pattern of M1 and M2 muscarinic gene expression and receptor levels in cat carotid body, petrosal and superior cervical ganglionA Bairam
Unité de Recherche en Périnatologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Hopital Saint Francois d Assise, Departement de Pediatrie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Neuroscience 139:711-21. 2006..in the carotid body, petrosal ganglion and superior cervical ganglion of 1-day, 15-day, 2-month-old and adult cats. mRNA expression and protein levels of tyrosine hydroxylase, the rate limiting enzyme for dopamine synthesis, were ..
- Effects and mechanisms of electroacupuncture at PC6 on frequency of transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxation in catsChi Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Peking University First Hospital, 8 Xishiku Street, Beijing 100034, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:4873-80. 2007..To investigate the effects of electroacupuncture (EA) at neiguan (PC6) on gastric distention-induced transient lower esophageal sphincter relaxations (TLESRs) and discuss the mechanisms of this treatment...
- Seroprevalence of antibodies to Bartonella henselae in patients with cat scratch disease and in healthy controls: evaluation and comparison of two commercial serological testsA Sander
Abteilung Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Klinikum der Universität Freiburg, Germany
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 5:486-90. 1998..PCR) and 270 sera from healthy controls (consisting of 63 cat owners, 65 individuals whose last close contact with cats was >6 months previously, and 142 persons who had never been exposed to cats) were investigated for antibodies ..
- Evaluation of Salmonella Shedding From Symptomatic and Asymptomatic PetsKristy Pabilonia; Fiscal Year: 2012..in symptomatic and asymptomatic dogs and cats, in collaboration with other Vet-LRN laboratories across the United States...
- Genetic components influencing the feline - human social bondLeslie A Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2011..principal investigator's previous feline genetic studies at UC Davis have produced an extensive dataset of domestic cat DNA samples, including cats from breeds shown to be more or less conducive for AAI by the UC Davis co-..
- Estimating the Causal Effect of Interacting with Pet Dogs and CatsJEREMY NOWELL VILLETTE MILES; Fiscal Year: 2011..In 2003, CHIS surveyed 42,000 adults and asked about dogs and cats living in their households...
- NCRR RESEARCH TRAINING FOR TUFTS VETERINARY STUDENTSROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2011..Using animal models that include pigs, horses, sheep, goats, cats, dogs, rats and mice, program faculty will provide intensive laboratory training in the research areas of ..
- SARS-CoV Pathogenic Mechanisms in Senescent MiceRalph S Baric; Fiscal Year: 2012..Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV) is a zoonotic pathogen that likely emerged from bats, was amplified in civet cats and raccoon dogs and then transmitted to humans causing severe acute respiratory disease, pneumonia, and high ..
- National Center for Canine Models of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (NCDMD)Joe N Kornegay; Fiscal Year: 2011..of X-linked muscular dystrophy due to dystrophin deficiency have been identified in mice, multiple dog breeds, and cats. Unlike the dystrophin-deficient mdx mouse, which remains relatively normal clinically, affected dogs develop ..
- Rick L Tarleton; Fiscal Year: 2016..cruzi infected dogs or cats in the home...
- Is pet ownership associated with childhood asthma?John Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..A recent review of the role played by cats and dogs in the development of asthma and allergy concluded that, to date, no definitive conclusions can be drawn ..
- Charles H Vite; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will also serve as a resource for normal dogs and cats and their tissues, and we will continue to offer a facility and expertise for investigators to perform pathogenetic ..
- Retroviral Vector-mediated Liver Gene Therapy for MPS IKatherine P Ponder; Fiscal Year: 2013..Another problem is that administration of this vector to adult MPS I mice or newborn MPS I cats resulted in a potent cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) response that destroyed transducer cells...
- Evaluation of Fecal Salmonella Carriage in Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Dogs in tTimothy Baszler; Fiscal Year: 2012..main source of Salmonella infection in humans, non-food Salmonella sources can include pets (particularly dogs and cats), as well as their foods, snacks, and supplements...
- REMODELING RESEARCH ANIMAL ROOMSDONALD MAUL; Fiscal Year: 1990..The research animal facility and the quarantine facility at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) currently house cats and/or dogs in projects from the departments of Radiology and Radiation Biology, and Clinical Sciences in the ..
- Salmonella serotype distribution in pets presented to veterinary teaching and comSiddhartha Thakur; Fiscal Year: 2012Project Summary Companion animals, including dogs and cats, are known reservoirs of Salmonella spp. and potential sources of transmission for humans through direct or indirect contact...
- Salmonella Prevalence and Persistence in Companion AnimalsShuping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Dogs and cats are not commonly thought of as carriers of Salmonella, but Salmonella infection is well-recognized in these pets...
- Evaluation of fecal salmonella in symptomatic and asymptomatic dogs and catsKRISTIN CLOTHIER; Fiscal Year: 2012..S., and the risks of 2 exposure to this agent through contact with dogs and cats are unknown...
- STEPHANIE ANN FRITZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..Commonly handled household objects and surfaces, and pet dogs and cats, will be cultured...
- NCRR RESEARCH TRAINING FOR TUFTS VETERINARY STUDENTSROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using animal models that include pigs, horses, sheep, goats, cats, dogs, rats and mice, program faculty will provide intensive laboratory training in the research areas of ..
- Ogi Okwumabua; Fiscal Year: 2016Abstract In 2007, cats and dogs that ate certain pet foods became sick and several of them died. Investigation revealed that the incident was due to melamine adulteration of animal food ingredients...
- Shuping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..We currently serve as an FDA site for detection of Salmonella in samples from dogs and cats. As such, we have helped to develop methods, participated in proficiency testing, and are currently analyzing ..
- Anil J Thachil; Fiscal Year: 2016..The foods that we feed our dogs and cats may be a combination of commercially available raw meat diets, companion animal diets (soft/moist;dry/low moisture ..
- Shuping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..Dogs and cats are not commonly thought of as a source for human infection, but Campylobacter carriage is well-recognized in these ..
- Genes, Home Allergens and Asthma in Puerto Rican ChildrenJUAN CARLOS CELEDON; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will then examine whether parental report of exposure to each of two pets (dogs and cats) in early life is associated with reduced risks of asthma (in all subjects) and atopy (separately in cases and in ..
- Christopher S Wilcox; Fiscal Year: 2014..metabolized by dimethylarginine dimethylaminohydrolases (DDAHs) and exported by cationic amino acid transporters (CATs)...
- Yang Dan; Fiscal Year: 2016..Experimentally, we will make intracellular (patch clamp) recordings in anesthetized rats and cats to measure the synaptic inputs to cortical neurons...
- Mechanims of CNS Autonomic Regulation by EAJohn C Longhurst; Fiscal Year: 2013..The first uses phenylbiguanide (PBG) in chloralose anesthetized cats to stimulate 5- hydroxytryptamine-3 (5-HT3) cardiopulmonary receptors to reflexly lower heart rate and blood ..
- Lori A Birder; Fiscal Year: 2014..There is a comparable disease in domestic cats termed feline interstitial cystitis (FIC), which demonstrates nearly all of the characteristics and symptoms of ..
- Placental Treg Activation and Pregnancy Outcome in the FIV-infected Cat ModelGREGORY TODD PHARR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Very high rates of placental and fetal infection occur in cats experimentally infected with FIV-B-2542, and reproductive failure is frequent at early and late-term pregnancy...
- Novel Therapies and Biomarkers for the MucopolysaccharidosesCALOGERA MARIA SIMONARO; Fiscal Year: 2013..and synovial fluid as sources of biomarkers for the MPS disorders by a) obtaining these materials from MPS VI cats of various stages of disease severity, and comparing the levels of several pro-inflammatory/pro-apoptotic proteins ..
- Michel A Lemay; Fiscal Year: 2015..Recently we replicated this rat acute PNG approach in cats where we observed thousands of axons regenerating into the graft, a small percentage of which extended from the ..
- Bertrand Delgutte; Fiscal Year: 2016..human subjects will be conducted in parallel with single-unit recordings from the inferior colliculus of deaf cats implanted bilaterally with intracochlear electrode arrays...
- Unihemispheric sleep: implications for mechanisms of sleep control and function iJerome M Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2013..supported work on sleep in mammals other than the already well understood "standard lab mammals," mostly rodents, cats and primates...
- PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY IN LENTIVIRUS INFECTIONS: EARLY VIRAL AND HOST DETERMINANTSChristopher Power; Fiscal Year: 2010..we will perform neurobehavioral analyses characterizing nociceptive and other sensory modality responses in cats together with evaluating the systemic effects of viral infection...
- LPL-Deficient Cats-A Quantitative Model of Gene DeliveryPHILIP RICHARD VULLIET; Fiscal Year: 2010..This disease is termed "familial chylomicronemia" in humans. LPL-/- cats share the identical mutation and cannot hydrolyze chylomicrons resulting in identical aberrations of their plasma ..
- FIV Testing of a CNS-Relevant Antiretroviral CompoundRick B Meeker; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed studies are designed to accomplish four goals: 1) Establish safety and pharmacokinetics of FX101 in cats, including penetration into the CNS...
- Janis L Abkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Cats viremic with Feline leukemia virus, subgroup C (FeLV-C) down-regulate the cell surface expression of FLVCR and ..
- Gene Therapy for Neurodegenerative Lysosomal Storage DiseasesDouglas R Martin; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2 long-term studies of therapeutic efficacy in GM1 cats and mice will be conducted using clinical, behavioral, and biochemical assays of disease progression...
- Role of Nitric Oxide in Feline Interstitial Cystitis.Lori Birder; Fiscal Year: 2009..There is a comparable disease in domestic cats termed feline interstitial cystitis (FIC), which demonstrates nearly all of the characteristics and symptoms of ..
- Deidre B Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2015..Grounded within the Central Arousal Theory of Stress (CATS) and a biobehavioral model of tumor biology, the central hypothesis of this application is that a CBT intervention ..
- Development of an in vivo model of chlamydial persistence.Robert V Schoborg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additional investigations using C. muridarum-infected mice and C. psittaci- infected cats suggest that amoxicillin/clavulonate (Amox/Clav)-exposed animals develop persistent infection...
- Peihua Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2015..three members of the T1R taste receptor family, Tas1r1, Tas1r2, and Tas1r3, from 15 Carnivora species (meerkat, domestic cat, ferret, genet, lesser and giant panda, South American coati, walrus, Pacific Harbor seal, sea lion, spotted ..
- HEATHER G EDWARDS; Fiscal Year: 2015..resonance imaging (MRI) to effectively evaluate disease progression (or retention of function) in gangliosidosis cats with or without AAV treatment. Aim...
- Krystel R Huxlin; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will perform binocular PRK in cats followed by the topical administration of select PPAR3 ligands, anti-TGF2 antibodies, steroids or Mitomycin C...
- Cat allergen-human Fc-gamma1 chimeric proteins to treat cat allergyNOLAN contact SIGAL; Fiscal Year: 2010..With nearly 78 million cats in the US and 40% of asthmatics sensitive to Fel d1, exposure to cat dander is a major contributor to the high ..
- MARINA CINTHIA PELUFFO; Fiscal Year: 2016..The PI's preliminary results from domestic cats demonstrated that the chemokine MCP-1 and its receptor (CCR2) are expressed in the oocyte and cumulus cells of COCs ..
- John D Houle; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies then will be advanced into a cat model of SCI. Project 4 will use spinalized cats to test whether transplant-derived neurotrophins modify excitability of afferent pathways during locomotion and ..
- Feline Leukemia Virus C Receptor Heme Export and Erythroid DifferentiationSIOBAN BRIDGET KEEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Cats naturally or experimentally infected with feline leukemia virus, subgroup C (FeLV-C) develop profound pure red cell ..
- Timothy R Fouts; Fiscal Year: 2016..Immunization and challenge studies performed in cats, ferrets, and nonhuman primates using recombinant HeV soluble attachment protein G, HeV-sG, have demonstrated that ..
- AAV-mediated gene therapy for GM2-gangliodosesMIGUEL S ESTEVES; Fiscal Year: 2012..In GM2 cats, we will first test the stability of the therapeutic effect of the new AAV vector formulation injected bilaterally ..
- Quantifying cognitive-motor decline in FIV-infected catsLola C Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have developed a protocol to increase CNS FIV viral burden in the cats to facilitate CNS disease progression...
- Parasite / host interaction and the neurobiology of fearRobert M Sapolsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..the capacity to, once having formed cysts in the brain, abolish the innate fear that rodents have of the odors of cats, and to convert that fear into an attraction;this increases the likelihood of the rodent being predated, thereby ..
- Metabolite effects on Group III and IV afferentsMARC PETER KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dynamic exercise will be induced in decerebrated unanesthetized cats by electrical and possibly chemical stimulation of the mesencephalic or subthalamic locomotor regions...
- John H Elder; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): FIV is a lentivirus that causes an AIDS-like disease in the domestic cat with many parallels to HIV/AIDS...
- Charles H Vite; Fiscal Year: 2015..of children with NPC disease based on favorable treatment outcome data in subcutaneously treated npc1-/- mice and cats. However, due to the small patient sample size and the inability to undertake control studies in normal children ..
- Lora Sabin; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): China Adherence through Technology Study (CATS) Effective highly active antiretroviral therapy (ART) requires strict adherence to dosing regimens...
- Structural and Functional Characterization of a Novel Model for Glaucoma ResearchGILLIAN JANE MCLELLAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..rigorous clinical, functional and morphological characterization of primary glaucoma within this pedigree of cats. Over the first 3 years of the project, a cohort of cats will be evaluated longitudinally by both non-invasive ..
- Recombinant Lactobacillus as an Oral Mucosal Vaccine Against HIV-1Gregg A Dean; Fiscal Year: 2012..gasseri can induce protective immunity. These studies will be performed using the cat/FIV model of HIV-1 since cats have oropharyngeal mucosa associated lymphoid tissue similar to humans, can be economically studied using ..
- Anissa Abi-Dargham; Fiscal Year: 2014..This "late phase" decrease (e4 hr after amphetamine) in BPND has been observed across species including rodents, cats, monkeys and humans...
- Daniel Lu; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have demonstrated that the physiological state of the lumbosacral spinal circuitry of spinal rats and cats can be modulated with spinal cord epidural stimulation (EDS) and/or administration of pharmacological agents to ..
- Computer Adaptive Testing MethodsBARTH BRIAN RILEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..age, gender, race, primary substance). The proposed project seeks to develop a coherent methodology for creating CATs for standardized biopsychosocial assessments that is applicable to diverse populations and effectively addresses ..
- Laura J Knoll; Fiscal Year: 2014..Curretly, only a limited number of sexual crosses of T. gondii are performed because they must occur in live cats after feeding them infected mouse brains and collecting their feces 3-10 days after infection...
- Protective CMI mechanisms of a dual-subtype FIV vaccineJanet K Yamamoto; Fiscal Year: 2012..The mechanisms of dual-subtype FIV vaccine protection in cats should provide insights to the development of effective HIV-1/AIDS vaccine in humans...
- Fatigue and Lifestyle Physical Activity in SLERosalind Ramsey-Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, we propose to measure covariates of fatigue using computerized adaptive tests (CATs) patient-reported outcomes (PROs) that have been developed using state-of-the-art cognitive, qualitative, ..
- Somatosensory feedback controlling a neuroprosthesisDouglas J Weber; Fiscal Year: 2010..movement and fixed-pattern electrical stimulation in intact spinal cord and chronically spinalized decerebrate cats. Specific Aim 4 is to implement online state-feedback decoding (SA-3) in a finite state control system for FES-..
- Won Bin Young; Fiscal Year: 2014..Before applying to much more expensive SIV/monkey model, in Aim 2, we will inoculate cats with the engineered FIV constructs as a pilot experiment to evaluate the imaging technology in vivo to reveal the ..
- John H Martin; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will assay changes in connectivity and function in awake behaving cats using chronic electrophysiological recording techniques we have developed...
- Antigenic Relationships of SARS and Animal CoronavirusesLinda Saif; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genetically similar SARS CoV were isolated from civet cats and raccoon dogs in China and from a recent human SARS case in China suggesting the latter SARS virus reemerged ..
- James J Irrgang; Fiscal Year: 2015..is needed to provide validity evidence for interpretation and use of the pain interference and physical function CATs for patients with a variety of common knee conditions including ACL injuries, meniscus tears or OA...
- FIV-MD AS A MODEL FOR AGE-DEPENDENT NEURO-AIDSMichael Podell; Fiscal Year: 1999..neurotropic Maryland isolate of the feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV-MD) as a model in experimentally infected cats. Neurologic impairment is a persistent, debilitating problem for many people infected with human immunodeficiency ..
- Bryan Howell; Fiscal Year: 2014..of our electrode designs in vitro, and measure the in vivo stimulation efficiency and selectivity in anesthetized cats. The purpose of these experiments is to compare our results to the predications of the computational models from ..
- Restoring arm and hand motor function with non-invasive spinal stimulation.REGGIE EDGERTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..To address this we have demonstrated that the physiological state of the spinal circuitry of rats and cats can be modulated with epidural stimulation to generate voluntary limb motor function over a range of speeds, loads, ..
- A Neural Prosthesis for the Restoration of Locomotion after Spinal Cord InjuryKEVIN ANDREW MAZUREK; Fiscal Year: 2013..It has been demonstrated in cats that ISMS possesses the ability to generate sufficient force to support the weight of the hind limbs in addition to ..
- NICHOLAS ANTHONY TERRAFRANCA JR; Fiscal Year: 2014..To address this we have demonstrated that the physiological state of the spinal circuitry of rats and cats can be modulated with epidural stimulation to generate voluntary limb motor function over a range of speeds, loads, ..
- CRCNS: Role of sensory feedback in locomotor recovery after spinal cord injuryMichel A Lemay; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also hypothesize that in spinal cats, training or neurotrophin producing transplants enhance the synaptic strengths of the sensory feedback and that ..
- DIABETES MELLITUS & ISLET AMYLOID POLYPEPTIDE (IAAP)Kenneth Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1991..polypeptide hormone identified as islet amyloid polypeptide (IAPP) was recently purified from islet amyloid (IA) of cats and humans with TYPE 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- John H Elder; Fiscal Year: 2014..has revealed the presence of antibodies to the primary binding receptor, CD134, in a high percentage of infected cats. Furthermore, these anti-CD134 antibodies blocked FIV infection ex vivo and their presence correlated with low/slow ..
- LAURENCE BAKER LEONARD; Fiscal Year: 2014..g., shifting towarda picture of a plural referent upon hearing the auxiliary are in Are the nice little cats eating?)...
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..included: (i) vaginal as well as rectal microbicide efficacy studies in the feline immunodeficiency vires (FIV)/domestic cat model for AIDS; (ii) in vivo retention of anti-HIV activity in the nonhuman primate; (iii) vaginal ..
- Renan C Castillo; Fiscal Year: 2015..PROMIS item banks can address these challenges through computer-adaptive tests or CATs. CATs offer measures that are both short and precise, making measurement feasible across multiple domains...
- ANIMAL MODEL OF DRUG-INDUCED SLEDavid Aucoin; Fiscal Year: 1990We have reported that greater than 50% of normal healthy cats receiving 150mg daily of propylthiouracil (PTU) develop a lupus- like syndrome within 6 weeks...
- Parasite/Host Interactions and the Neurobiology of FearRobert Sapolsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..The protozoan Toxoplasma gondii reproduces sexually in a two-species life cycle. The parasite reproduces in cats, and is then excreted. Infected feces are eaten by rodents, in which Toxoplasma forms cysts in muscle and the CNS...
- UNDERSTANDING OVARIAN CONTROL IN RARE BIOMEDICAL MODELSKATHARINE PELICAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..will receive state-of-the art training while advancing scholarly knowledge on ovarian cycle control in felids (cats)...
- A flexible, web-based system for design, support, and delivery of adaptive testsROBERT WIRTH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Although a small number of computerized adaptive tests (CATs) exist for behavioral measurement, they have been designed as "single-use" CATs which were developed to assess a ..
- COMPUTER ASSISTED GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION TESTINGRANDALL CEBUL; Fiscal Year: 1991This is a revised proposal to study the effects of introducing a Computerized Admission Testing System (CATS) into the Emergency Department (ED) of a large urban teaching hospital...
- MARROW TRANSPLANT THERAPY FOR MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDOSISMARY THRALL; Fiscal Year: 1992..Six MPS VI affected-BMT treated cats, two MPS VI affected-BMT treated cats which autologously recovered their own marrow, and 8 MPS VI affected non BMT ..
- LOSS OF TH1 IMMUNE FUNCTION IN FIV-INFECTED CATSMary Tompkins; Fiscal Year: 2004..L-selectin-neg, integrin-hi effector/memory cells rapidly replace naive CD8+ cells in the blood of FIV-infected cats, such that 90 percent of the CD8+ cells in blood may be of effector/memory phenotype by late asymptomatic stage...
- Influenza infection of catsChang Won Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cats are uniquely poised to serve as reservoirs and potential `mixing vessels'for influenza viruses given their interaction within the environment of humans, wildlife, birds, and farm animals...
- Evaluation of thymus function in lentivirus diseaseLawrence Mathes; Fiscal Year: 2009..Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) infection of cats leads to significant pathological changes in the thymus with many similar effects on immune function as seen in HIV-..
- DUST MITE, COCKROACH AND CAT ALLERGENS IN ASTHMAThomas Platts Mills; Fiscal Year: 2001..antibody based immunoassays for allergens derived from dust mites of the genus Dermatophagoides, the cat Felis domesticus and cockroaches, eg. Blatella germanica...
- Kaiser Permanente Functional Outcomes SystemM Elizabeth Sandel; Fiscal Year: 2010..with clinicians at Kaiser Permanente Northern California (KPNC) to install a computer version of AM-PAC, the AM-PAC CAT. The AM-PAC CAT uses Computer Assisted Technology (CAT) to assess rehabilitation treatment outcomes...
Patents112 found, 100 shown here
- Pharmaceutical compositions for treating and/or preventing esophageal stricturePatent Number: WO2016024524-A; Date:2016-02-18
- Pattern Recognition Receptor Expression as a Measure of Systemic HealthPatent Number: JP2016501029-A; Date:2016-01-18
- The internal standard polynucleotide of animal, and method for detecting target polynucleotide using the samePatent Number: JP2016093147-A; Date:2016-05-26
- Feline Bitter Taste Receptors and MethodsPatent Number: JP2016519649-A; Date:2016-07-07
- THYMIC STROMAL LYMPHOPOIETIN FRAGMENTS AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: JP2016522165-A; Date:2016-07-28
- Monoclonal Antibodies Directed to CD20Patent Number: JP2016179978-A; Date:2016-10-13
- INTERLEUKIN-31 MONOCLONAL ANTIBODYPatent Number: KR1020160028488-A; Date:2016-03-11
- COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING A CASEIN AND METHODS OF PRODUCING THE SAMEPatent Number: WO2016029193-A1; Date:2016-02-25
- METHODS FOR IDENTIFYING MODULATORS OF CALCIUM-SENSING RECEPTORSPatent Number: WO2016057996-A1; Date:2016-04-14
- METHODS FOR DIAGNOSING KIDNEY DISORDERS IN A FELINEPatent Number: EP3062108-A1; Date:2016-08-31
- FLAVOR COMPOSITIONS AND PET FOOD PRODUCTS CONTAINING THE SAMEPatent Number: WO2016094682-A2; Date:2016-06-16
- FLAVOR COMPOSITIONS AND PET FOOD PRODUCTS CONTAINING THE SAMEPatent Number: WO2016094690-A1; Date:2016-06-16
- METHODS FOR MODULATING TASTE RECEPTORSPatent Number: WO2016094702-A2; Date:2016-06-16
- CANCER TREATMENTS USING COMBINATIONS OF MEK TYPE I AND ERK INHIBITORSPatent Number: EP3082422-A2; Date:2016-10-26
- CANCER TREATMENTS USING COMBINATIONS OF CDK AND ERK INHIBITORSPatent Number: EP3082423-A1; Date:2016-10-26
- CANCER TREATMENT USING COMBINATIONS OF ERK AND RAF INHIBITORSPatent Number: EP3082800-A2; Date:2016-10-26
- MICRO-RNAS AND COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING SAME FOR THE TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF SEROTONIN-, ADRENALIN-, NORADRENALIN-, GLUTAMATE-, AND CORTICOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE- ASSOCIATED MEDICAL CONDITIONSPatent Number: JP2014530803-A; Date:2014-11-20
- INTERLEUKIN-31 MONOCLONAL ANTIBODYPatent Number: JP2014529295-A; Date:2014-11-06
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR DIAGNOSING AND TREATING KIDNEY DISORDERS IN A FELINEPatent Number: JP2014507159-A; Date:2014-03-27
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR DIAGNOSING AND TREATING HYPERTHYROID COMPANION ANIMALSPatent Number: JP2015506675-A; Date:2015-03-05
- A method for progonisis of malignat tumors of non-human animalsPatent Number: WO2015108195-A; Date:2015-07-23
- prophylactic or therapeutic agent for kidney diseasePatent Number: WO2015119253-A; Date:2015-08-13
- PATTERN RECOGNITION RECEPTOR EXPRESSION AS A MEASURE OF SYSTEMIC HEALTHPatent Number: WO2014098865-A1; Date:2014-06-26
- Compositions and methods for diagnosing kidney disorders in a felinePatent Number: EP2813851-A1; Date:2014-12-17
- THYMIC STROMAL LYMPHOPOIETIN FRAGMENTS AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: WO2014162007-A2; Date:2014-10-09
- MICRO-RNAS AND COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING SAME FOR THE TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF SEROTONIN-, ADRENALIN-, NORADRENALIN-, GLUTAMATE-, AND CORTICOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE- ASSOCIATED MEDICAL CONDITIONSPatent Number: WO2015118537-A2; Date:2015-08-13
- METHOD, PROBE AND KIT FOR DNA IN SITU HYBRIDATION AND USE THEREOFPatent Number: JP2014509862-A; Date:2014-04-24
- Detection method for species specific identification of nucleic acid of interestPatent Number: EP2889381-A1; Date:2015-07-01
- IMPROVING THE LEVEL OF HYDRATION IN A CATPatent Number: WO2015072972-A1; Date:2015-05-21
- DETECTION METHODSPatent Number: WO2015097030-A1; Date:2015-07-02
- INTERLEUKIN-31 MONOCLONAL ANTIBODYPatent Number: KR1020140041858-A; Date:2014-04-04
- Intra-vascular kidney gene therapy with plasmid encoding bmp-7Patent Number: WO2008061011-A2; Date:2008-05-22
- Method for the detection and/or identification of the original animal species in animal matter contained in a samplePatent Number: WO03057913-A2; Date:2003-07-17
- MHC class I peptide epitopes from the human 5t4 tumor-associated antigenPatent Number: WO03068816-A1; Date:2003-08-21
- MHC class II peptide epitope of 5t4 antigenPatent Number: WO03068815-A2; Date:2003-08-21
- Cat immunisation vectorsPatent Number: WO03070949-A1; Date:2003-08-28
- Feline calicivirus genes and recombinant vaccine incorporating themPatent Number: JP2003515315-A; Date:2003-05-07
- Cystatin C, Beta2 microglobulin, Alpha1 microglobulin, gene encoding the same, antibody against cystatin C, Beta2 microglobulin or Alpha1 microglobulin, kit and method for diagnosing cat nephropathy using the antibodyPatent Number: WO2011074651-A; Date:2011-06-23
- Taste receptors of the t1r family from domestic catPatent Number: WO2005005480-A2; Date:2005-01-20
- INTERLEUKIN-31 MONOCLONAL ANTIBODYPatent Number: WO2013011407-A1; Date:2013-01-24
- USES OF INTERFERONS FOR THE TREATMENT OF SEVERE ACUTE RESPIRATORY SYNDROME AND OTHER VIRAL INFECTIONSPatent Number: JP2006526022-A; Date:2006-11-16
- DNA VACCINES FOR PETS OR SPORT ANIMALSPatent Number: KR1020017015911-A; Date:2001-12-10
- Specific Inhibition of AllorejectionPatent Number: JP2007524591-A; Date:2007-08-30
- Process for the production of a fine chemicalPatent Number: WO2008034648-A1; Date:2008-03-27
- INTERFERONS, USES AND COMPOSITIONS THERETOPatent Number: JP2010207221-A; Date:2010-09-24
- Raccoon Poxvirus Expressing Genes of Feline AntigensPatent Number: JP2010528603-A; Date:2010-08-26
- Interferons, uses and compositions related theretoPatent Number: WO0236627-A2; Date:2002-05-10
- Process for the production of a fine chemicalPatent Number: EP2090662-A2; Date:2009-08-19
- CAT KIDNEY DISEASE MARKERPatent Number: JP2003250575-A; Date:2003-09-09
- Novel Protein, its DNA and its UsePatent Number: WO2003072780-A; Date:2003-09-04
- BIOMARKERSPatent Number: EP2265642-A1; Date:2010-12-29
- Cystatin C, gene encoding the same, antibody against cystatin C, kit and method for diagnosing cat nephropathy using the antibodyPatent Number: JP2011125267-A; Date:2011-06-30
- Beta2 microglobulin, gene encoding the same, antibody against beta2 microglobulin, kit and method for diagnosing cat nephropathy using the antibodyPatent Number: JP2011125268-A; Date:2011-06-30
- NEW CONJUGATES AND COMPOSITIONS FOR IMMUNOTHERAPY AND ANTI-TUMORAL TREATMENTPatent Number: JP2013513377-A; Date:2013-04-22
- Monoclonal Antibodies Directed to CD20Patent Number: JP2013520990-A; Date:2013-06-10
- METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR STIMULATING A FELIDAE T1R RECEPTORPatent Number: WO2012013480-A1; Date:2012-02-02
- Method, probe and kit for DNA in situ hybridation and use thereofPatent Number: EP2500436-A1; Date:2012-09-19
- NOVEL CONJUGATES AND COMPOSITIONS FOR IMMUNOTHERAPY AND ANTINEOPLASTIC TREATMENTPatent Number: WO2011070214-A2; Date:2011-06-16
- Epitope regions of a thyrotrophin (TSH) receptor, uses thereof and antibodies theretoPatent Number: EP2383291-A2; Date:2011-11-02
- INTERFERONS, USES AND COMPOSITIONS THERETOPatent Number: JP2004537964-A; Date:2004-12-24
- ASSEMBLY AND FOLDING OF Fc-INTERFERON-BETA FUSION PROTEINSPatent Number: JP2008508862-A; Date:2008-03-27
- Myostatin IsoformPatent Number: JP2008514227-A; Date:2008-05-08
- INTRA-VASCULAR KIDNEY GENE THERAPY WITH PLASMID ENCODING BMP-7Patent Number: JP2010508867-A; Date:2010-03-25
- Novel co-stimulatory moleculesPatent Number: WO0200717-A2; Date:2002-01-03
- Method and kit for animal species-specific dna identification of a samplePatent Number: WO02064822-A2; Date:2002-08-22
- Methods of identifying mutations in nucleic acidPatent Number: WO2006128042-A2; Date:2006-11-30
- Articular cartilage gene therapy with recombinant vector encoding bmp-7Patent Number: WO2009046464-A1; Date:2009-04-09
- Canine and feline immunoregulatory proteins, nucleic acid molecules and method of using the samePatent Number: JP2002516104-A; Date:2002-06-04
- Materials and methods for foxp3 tumor suppressionPatent Number: WO2008141282-A2; Date:2008-11-20
- RECOMBINANT TUMOR VACCINE AND METHOD OF PRODUCING SUCH VACCINEPatent Number: JP2013532977-A; Date:2013-08-22
- Early pregnancy diagnosis using PAGs(Pregnancy-associated Glycoproteins)Patent Number: EP2295978-A2; Date:2011-03-16
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR DIAGNOSING AND TREATING KIDNEY DISORDERS IN A FELINEPatent Number: WO2012115648-A1; Date:2012-08-30
- Uses of interferons for the treatment of severe acute respiratorysyndrome and other viral infectionsPatent Number: WO2005023290-A2; Date:2005-03-17
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES DIRECTED TO CD20Patent Number: EP2542262-A1; Date:2013-01-09
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR DIAGNOSING AND TREATING HYPERTHYROIDISM IN COMPANION ANIMALSPatent Number: WO2013095935-A1; Date:2013-06-27
- METHOD FOR GENOME EDITINGPatent Number: EP2456877-A1; Date:2012-05-30
- The use of toll-like receptor transfectantPatent Number: WO2005001116-A; Date:2005-01-06
- Method for the detection of animal species and primers for the detection of animal speciesPatent Number: JP2007209281-A; Date:2007-08-23
- Universal Primers for Wildlife IdentificationPatent Number: JP2004533819-A; Date:2004-11-11
- NON-STOCHASTIC GENERATION OF GENETIC VACCINES AND ENZYMESPatent Number: JP2005245453-A; Date:2005-09-15
- Canine and feline melanocortin-4 receptor sequences and screening assays to identify compounds useful in regulating animal appetite and metabolic ratePatent Number: EP1167386-A1; Date:2002-01-02
- Novel markers for chronic kidney diseasePatent Number: WO2008089936-A1; Date:2008-07-31
- Erythrocyte atp-release modulatorsPatent Number: WO2008118387-A2; Date:2008-10-02
- Igf-1 as feline vaccine adjuvant, in particular against feline retrovirusesPatent Number: WO03022886-A1; Date:2003-03-20
- Feline obesity gene, product of said gene and method for production thereofPatent Number: JP2003038187-A; Date:2003-02-12
- Mucosal membrane receptor and uses thereofPatent Number: WO2009103555-A1; Date:2009-08-27
- Intra-vascular kidney gene therapy with plasmid encoding BMP-7Patent Number: EP2228071-A1; Date:2010-09-15
- Recombinant DNA and cDNA, mRNA, protein, antibodies, and a method of detecting tumor cellsPatent Number: EP0246709-A1; Date:1987-11-25
- Alpha1 microglobulin, gene encoding the same, antibody against alpha1 microglobulin, kit and method for diagnosing cat nephropathy using the antibodyPatent Number: JP2011167121-A; Date:2011-09-01
- The use of toll-like receptor transfectantPatent Number: JP2010252800-A; Date:2010-11-11
- Modified Animal Erythropoietin Polypeptides and Their UsesPatent Number: JP2012504136-A; Date:2012-02-16
- GENOME EDITING IN ANIMALSPatent Number: JP2013500018-A; Date:2013-01-07
- Novel co-stimulatory moleculesPatent Number: WO2004029197-A2; Date:2004-04-08
- Gene therapy vectors having reduced immunogenicityPatent Number: WO2004083404-A2; Date:2004-09-30
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESPatent Number: EP2331579-A2; Date:2011-06-15
- MODIFIED ANIMAL ERYTHROPOIETIN POLYPEPTIDES AND THEIR USESPatent Number: EP2342223-A2; Date:2011-07-13
- Feline immunoregulatory proteins, nucleic acid molecules, and uses thereofPatent Number: WO0140313-A2; Date:2001-06-07
- Taste receptors of the t1r family from domestic dogPatent Number: WO2005116069-A2; Date:2005-12-08
- Feline hepatocyte growth factorPatent Number: EP1705189-A1; Date:2006-09-27
- Cat allergenPatent Number: WO2007003951-A1; Date:2007-01-11
- NOVEL CO-STIMULATORY MOLECULESPatent Number: JP2004513878-A; Date:2004-05-13