Genomes and Genes
Domestic guinea pig
Alias: guinea pig, Cavia porcellus, Cavia aperea porcellus, Cavia cobaya, Cavia cobya
Publications798 found, 100 shown here
- Trachea relaxing effects and beta2-selectivity of SPFF, a newly developed bronchodilating agent, in guinea pigs and rabbitsLe Ling Gan
Department of Pharmacology, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
Biol Pharm Bull 26:323-8. 2003..We studied in vitro the bronchodilator effects of SPFF and isoprenaline on isolated guinea pig trachea strips with or without the precontraction of bronchocontractors (acetylcholine and histamie)...
- Purification, molecular cloning, and expression of the mammalian sigma1-binding siteM Hanner
Instit für Biochemische Pharmakologie, Universitat Innsbruck, Austria
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:8072-7. 1996..We purified the sigma1-binding site as a single 30-kDa protein from guinea pig liver employing the benzomorphan(+)[3H]pentazocine and the arylazide (-)[3H]azidopamil as specific probes...
- Amino acid residues in the transmembrane domain of the type 1 sigma receptor critical for ligand bindingH Yamamoto
Department of Psychopharmacology, Tokyo Institute of Psychiatry, Japan
FEBS Lett 445:19-22. 1999..By contrast, ligand binding was significantly suppressed by the substitutions. These findings provide evidence that the transmembrane domain of the type 1 sigma receptor plays a critical role in ligand binding of this receptor...
- Conservation of a CD1 multigene family in the guinea pigC C Dascher
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 163:5478-88. 1999..Here we describe the CD1 gene family of the guinea pig (Cavia porcellus)...
- Prostaglandin H2 synthase-1 and -2 expression in guinea pig gestational tissues during late pregnancy and parturitionToni Welsh
Mothers and Babies Research Centre, Level 3 John Hunter Hospital, Locked Bag 1, Hunter Region Mail Centre, NSW, 2305, Australia
J Physiol 569:903-12. 2005..The induction of PTGS1 in the amnion and the PYS is a critical event leading to labour in guinea pigs and models analogous changes in the human gestational tissues before labour...
- The sigma-1 receptor protects against cellular oxidative stress and activates antioxidant response elementsArindam Pal
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 682:12-20. 2012..These novel functions of the sigma-1 receptor were sensitive to well-known sigma ligands via their antagonist/agonist properties...
- Incomplete reversal of beta-adrenoceptor desensitization in human and guinea-pig cardiomyocytes by cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitorsD G Wynne
Department of Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:1071-8. 1993....
- Minor role of the C3a receptor in systemic anaphylaxis in the guinea pigJ F Regal
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Duluth 55812 2487, USA
Immunopharmacology 46:15-28. 2000..Role of the complement system in antigen-induced bronchoconstriction and changes in blood pressure in the guinea pig. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther...
- GR46611 potentiates 5-HT1A receptor-mediated locomotor activity in the guinea pigM F O'Neill
Lilly Research Centre, Eli Lilly and Company, Windlesham, Surrey, UK
Eur J Pharmacol 370:85-92. 1999..induces hyperlocomotion, this effect has yet to be demonstrated with 5-HT(1B/D) receptor agonists in the guinea pig. Previous studies have shown that 5-HT1A agonists increase locomotor activity in guinea pigs...
- Wild genius - domestic fool? Spatial learning abilities of wild and domestic guinea pigsLars Lewejohann
Department of Behavioural Biology, University of Munster, 48149 Munster, Germany
Front Zool 7:9. 2010..The process of domestication of the domestic guinea pig (Cavia aperea f...
- Bradykinin B2 receptors and coupling mechanisms in the smooth muscle of the guinea-pig taenia caeciJ L Field
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London, Chelsea, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:607-13. 1994..A possible causal relationship is suggested between these B2 receptor-mediated membrane potential-dependent, and -independent events,and their roles in excitation contraction coupling...
- Effects of histamine H1-, H2- and H3-receptor selective drugs on the mechanical activity of guinea-pig small and large intestineR Leurs
Department of Pharmacochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 102:179-85. 1991..H2-receptors, causing smooth muscle relaxation appear not to be present in our preparations. At high concentrations of H2-receptor agents (agonists and antagonists) relaxations might be observed, due to unknown nonspecific effects...
- Endogenous tachykinins facilitate transmission through parasympathetic ganglia in guinea-pig tracheaN Watson
Department of Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:751-9. 1993..These data suggest that NK1,receptors may be involved in mediating this facilitatory response to tachykinins but do not exclude an involvement of NK2 receptors. It appears unlikely, however, that NK3 receptors are involved...
- Characterization of the histamine receptors in the guinea-pig lung: evidence for relaxant histamine H3 receptors in the tracheaL O Cardell
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, , Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 111:445-54. 1994..A dilator H2 receptor on the smooth muscle cells seems, at least in vitro, to be the most potent mediator of histamine-mediated pulmonary arterial dilatation...
- Inhibitory action of PPADS on relaxant responses to adenine nucleotides or electrical field stimulation in guinea-pig taenia coli and rat duodenumU Windscheif
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 115:1509-17. 1995..Furthermore, we conclude that in addition to the classical P2y-subtype, which is largely PPADS-resistant,the guinea-pig taenia coli may be endowed with a distinct relaxation-mediating P2-purinoceptor subtype which is sensitive to PPADS...
- Differential effects of suramin on P2-purinoceptors mediating contraction of the guinea-pig vas deferens and urinary bladderS J Bailey
Receptors and Cellular Regulation Research Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey
Br J Pharmacol 112:219-25. 1994....
- Characterization of histamine-H3 receptors controlling non-adrenergic non-cholinergic contractions of the guinea-pig isolated ileumS J Taylor
Department of Neuropharmacology, Glaxo Group Research, Ware, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 105:667-74. 1992..In addition we have identified N-ethoxycarbonyl-2-ethoxy-1,2-dihydroquinoline as an irreversible antagonist at H3 receptors and have used this compound to estimate apparent affinity values of agonists at H3 receptors in this preparation...
- Tachykinin receptors in the guinea-pig renal pelvis: activation by exogenous and endogenous tachykininsC A Maggi
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 107:27-33. 1992..NK2 receptors play a dominant role in the physiological response determined by the release of endogenous tachykinins and a contribution of NKI receptors becomes evident after inhibition of peptide degradation...
- Inhibition of excitatory non-adrenergic non-cholinergic bronchoconstriction in guinea-pig airways in vitro by activation of an atypical 5-HT receptorJ K Ward
Department of Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 111:1095-102. 1994..These data suggest that an atypical 5-HT receptor inhibits the release of neuropeptides from sensory C fibres and may act as other inhibitory neuromodulators via the opening of a common K'channel...
- Modulation by stereoselective inhibition of cyclo-oxygenase of electromechanical coupling in the guinea-pig isolated renal pelvisP Santicioli
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 114:1149-58. 1995..Previous reports of a total suppression of pyeloureteral motility by indomethacin may reflect a combination of COX inhibition and nonspecific effect on electromechanical coupling...
- Characterization of the interaction between muscarinic M2 receptors and beta-adrenoceptor subtypes in guinea-pig isolated ileumH Reddy
Syntex Discovery Research, Institute of Pharmacology, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Br J Pharmacol 114:49-56. 1995..Concordantly, M2 receptor stimulation also inhibits relaxation to both beta l- and beta 3-adrenoceptor stimulation. These results implicate M2 receptors in the modulation of sympathetic control of ileal motility...
- Mechanism of endothelin-induced contraction in guinea-pig trachea: comparison with rat aortaD W Hay
Department of Pharmacology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pa 19406 0939
Br J Pharmacol 100:383-92. 1990....
- Evidence that tachykinin NK1 and NK2 receptors mediate non-adrenergic non-cholinergic excitation and contraction in the circular muscle of guinea-pig duodenumV Zagorodnyuk
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 115:237-46. 1995..It appears that endogenous ATP chiefly acts as an inhibitory transmitter but, after blockade of NANC inhibitory mechanism(s),ATP may act as a fast signalling excitatory transmitter...
- Pharmacologic characteristics of non-prostanoid, non-nitric oxide mediated and endothelium-dependent relaxation of guinea-pig aorta in response to substance PY Tanaka
Department of Pharmacology, Toho University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Funabashi City, Chiba, Japan
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 103:65-81. 1999....
- Pulmonary effects of type V cyclic GMP specific phosphodiesterase inhibition in the anaesthetized guinea-pigN C Turner
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, The Frythe, Welwyn, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 111:1198-204. 1994....
- Effect of cromakalim and glibenclamide on spontaneous and evoked motility of the guinea-pig isolated renal pelvis and ureterC A Maggi
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 111:687-94. 1994..Glibenclamide-sensitive K channels take part in determining action potential shape and duration in the guinea-pig ureter...
- Formoterol and salbutamol inhibit bradykinin- and histamine-induced airway microvascular leakage in guinea-pigC Advenier
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, , France
Br J Pharmacol 105:792-8. 1992....
- Effects of omega-conotoxin GVIA on autonomic neuroeffector transmission in various tissuesA De Luca
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 101:437-47. 1990....
- Leukotriene D4 receptors are not negatively coupled to adenylyl cyclase in guinea-pig lung parenchymaM A Giembycz
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Royal Brompton National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:824-32. 1993..These data,therefore, do not support the hypothesis that leukotriene-induced tension generation is dependent upon a prior reduction in the cyclic AMP content...
- Involvement of endogenous tachykinins and CGRP in the motor responses produced by capsaicin in the guinea-pig common bile ductR Patacchini
Pharmacology Department, Research Laboratories, Menarini Richerche SpA, Florence, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 360:344-53. 1999..CGRP produces either indirect excitatory or direct inhibitory responses by stimulation of CGRP2 and CGRP1 receptors, respectively...
- Mechanisms involved in the relaxant action of the ethanolic extract of propolis in the guinea-pig trachea in-vitroNiraldo Paulino
Grupo de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento de Biofármacos, Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina, Tubarao, Brasil
J Pharm Pharmacol 54:845-52. 2002..Furthermore, the stimulation of beta2-adrenergic and VIP receptors also seems to account for its relaxant action...
- The effect of cyclic AMP and cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase inhibitors on the superoxide burst of guinea-pig peritoneal macrophagesN C Turner
Dagenham Research Centre, Rhone Poulenc Rorer Ltd, Dagenham, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 108:876-83. 1993..Inhibition of spontaneous superoxide generation, but not that stimulated by FMLP, suggests that the activity of PDE inhibitors is subject to functional antagonism but that this can be overcome by enhancing cyclic AMP formation...
- Stimulatory effect of PG-KII, an NK3 tachykinin receptor agonist, on isolated pancreatic acini: species-related differencesG Linari
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology V Erspamer, University of Rome La Sapienza, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Peptides 25:45-51. 2004..to 10(-8) M) and carbachol (10(-8) to 10(-5) M), on amylase secretion from dispersed pancreatic acini of the guinea pig and rat...
- Binding of radiolabeled high affinity antagonist to leukotriene D4 receptor in guinea pig lung membranes: interconversion of agonist-receptor binding affinity statesS Mong
Department of Pediatrics, St Christopher s Hospital For Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mol Pharmacol 35:795-802. 1989..pharmacological specificity of a high affinity leukotriene D4 (LTD4) receptor antagonist, ICI-198615, binding to guinea pig lung membranes were characterized...
- The interaction of the NK1 receptor antagonist CP-96,345 with L-type calcium channels and its functional consequencesS Guard
Parke Davis Neuroscience Research Centre, Addenbrookes Hospital Site, Cambridge
Br J Pharmacol 110:385-91. 1993..The functional effect that may be observed in integrated models will be a consequence of either property, or be a composite effect of NK1 receptor antagonism and L-channel blockade...
- Effect of the vascular endothelium on noradrenaline-induced contractions in non-pregnant and pregnant guinea-pig uterine arteriesA Jovanovic
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Br J Pharmacol 114:805-15. 1995..yohimbine 8.78 +/- 0.03 vs. 6.41 +/- 0.02 for non-pregnant guinea pig uterine artery with intact endothelium, 8.95 +/- 0.03 vs. 6.34 +/- 0...
- Thrombocytopenia in the experimental leptospirosis of guinea pig is not related to disseminated intravascular coagulationHong Liang Yang
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
BMC Infect Dis 6:19. 2006..The aim of this study is to elucidate whether DIC is an important feature of leptospirosis...
- Species differences in presynaptic serotonin autoreceptors: mainly 5-HT1B but possibly in addition 5-HT1D in the rat, 5-HT1D in the rabbit and guinea-pig brain cortexN Limberger
Pharmakologisches Institut, Universitat, Freiburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 343:353-64. 1991..The serotonin axons of rat brain cortex may possess 5-HT1D in addition to 5-HT1B autoreceptors.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Effects of muscarinic M2 and M3 receptor stimulation and antagonism on responses to isoprenaline of guinea-pig trachea in vitroN Watson
Syntex Discovery Research, Institute of Pharmacology R2 101, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Br J Pharmacol 112:179-87. 1994..However, the lack of selective M2 agonist and the low M2/M3 selectivity of antagonists in this tissue do not permit definitive conclusions to be made about the role of these receptors in modulating isoprenaline potency...
- Molecular cloning and pharmacological characterization of guinea pig 5-HT1B and 5-HT1D receptorsJ M Zgombick
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Neuropharmacology 36:513-24. 1997..The guinea pig has served as an animal model to assess 5-HT1B/1D receptor function, most recently in evaluating 5-HT1B/1D ..
- Characterization of muscarinic receptors that mediate contraction of guinea-pig isolated trachea to choline esters: effect of removing epitheliumK J Morrison
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030
Br J Pharmacol 106:672-6. 1992....
- Species differences in response to peroxisome proliferators correlate in vitro with induction of DNA synthesis rather than suppression of apoptosisN H James
Zeneca Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, UK
Carcinogenesis 17:1623-32. 1996..Here we describe the ability of nafenopin to suppress apoptosis in mouse, hamster, guinea pig and rat hepatocytes and induce S-phase in mouse and rat hepatocytes...
- Differences in neurokinin receptor pharmacology between rat and guinea-pig superior cervical gangliaG R Seabrook
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 105:925-8. 1992..The depolarizations in guinea-pig SCG are mediated predominantly by an NK3 subtype and in rat SCG by an NK, receptor subtype...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor and endothelium-dependent hyperpolarization in guinea-pig carotid, rat mesenteric and porcine coronary arteriesT Chataigneau
, Institut de Recherches Servier, Suresnes, France
Br J Pharmacol 123:968-74. 1998..7. These results indicate that the endothelium-dependent hyperpolarizations, observed in the guinea-pig carotid, rat mesenteric and porcine coronary arteries, are not related to the activation of cannabinoid CB1 receptors...
- [Bombesin-mediated non-cholinergic late slow excitatory postsynaptic potentials in guinea pig inferior mesenteric ganglion in vitro]De Hu Kong
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Department of Physiology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032
Sheng Li Xue Bao 55:388-94. 2003The effect of bombesin (BOM) on non-cholinergic excitatory synaptic transmission of the guinea pig inferior mesenteric ganglion (IMG) was investigated by intracellular recording...
- Beta-adrenoceptor subtypes and the opening of plasmalemmal K(+)-channels in trachealis muscle: electrophysiological and mechanical studies in guinea-pig tissueS J Cook
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Manchester
Br J Pharmacol 109:1140-8. 1993..The opening of plasmalemmal K+-channels plays a supportive rather than a crucial role in mediating the tracheal relaxant actions of agonists at beta-adrenoceptors...
- Relaxant innervation of the guinea-pig trachealis: demonstration of capsaicin-sensitive and -insensitive vagal pathwaysB J Canning
Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224
J Physiol 460:719-39. 1993....
- Evaluation of the receptor selectivity of the H3 receptor antagonists, iodophenpropit and thioperamide: an interaction with the 5-HT3 receptor revealedR Leurs
Department of Pharmacochemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 116:2315-21. 1995..Yet, in this preparation [125I]-IPP binding was not influenced by ondansetron, yohimbine or haloperidol.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Beta-endorphin fragments DTgammaE and DEgammaE reduced morphine inhibition of electrically-induced contractions and opiate withdrawalAnna Capasso
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Salerno, Salerno, Italy
Med Chem 5:165-70. 2009..and DEgammaE) was investigated on morphine-induced inhibition on the electrically induced contractions of guinea pig ileum in vitro. Morphine (1x10(-8)-5x10 (-8)-1x10 (-7) M) dose dependently and significantly reduced the E.C...
- Co-axial bioassay of a smooth muscle relaxant factor released from guinea-pig tracheal epitheliumL B Fernandes
Department of Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Nedlands
Br J Pharmacol 96:117-24. 1989..The bronchial hyperreactivity of asthma may be partly caused by attenuated production of such an inhibitory signal...
- Effects of pyrimidines on the guinea-pig coronary vasculatureA J Vials
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 110:1091-7. 1993..The vasodilatations evoked by ATP, however, appear to involve prostanoids in addition to the release of nitric oxide...
- A novel ETA-receptor antagonist, FR 139317, inhibits endothelin-induced contractions of guinea-pig pulmonary arteries, but not tracheaL O Cardell
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, , Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 108:448-52. 1993..This suggests an ETA-receptor in the guinea-pig pulmonary artery and another receptor, probably of ETB-type, in the guinea-pig trachea...
- Circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF binding proteins -1 and -3 and placental development in the guinea-pigC T Roberts
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Adelaide University, South Australia
Placenta 23:763-70. 2002..This suggests that systemic IGF-I and modulation of its bioavailability by IGFBPs -1 and -3 within the mother may influence placental growth and differentiation in an endocrine fashion, particularly when nutrition is limited...
- Comparison of human and guinea pig acetylcholinesterase sequences and rates of oxime-assisted reactivationC Linn Cadieux
U S Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense, 3100 Ricketts Point Road, Aberdeen Proving Ground Edgewood Area, MD 21010 5400, USA
Chem Biol Interact 187:229-33. 2010..For OP poisoning, the guinea pig (Cavia porcellus) is a commonly used animal model because guinea pigs more closely mirror primate susceptibility to OP ..
- Determination of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtype selectivity by [3H]-prazosin displacement studies in guinea-pig cerebral cortex and rat spleen membranesD M Veenstra
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 107:202-6. 1992..Regression analyses indicate a straight line relationship (r2>0.9) between pKEA and Pk1B but the regression lines deviate from the line of identity...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a full-length complementary DNA encoding the guinea pig adrenocortical estrogen sulfotransferaseT Oeda
Section on Adrenal Cell Biology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mol Endocrinol 6:1216-26. 1992Complementary DNA for the guinea pig adrenocortical estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) has been cloned and expressed...
- Characterization of somatostatin receptors in guinea-pig isolated ileum, vas deferens and right atriumW Feniuk
Glaxo Institute of Applied Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Cambridge
Br J Pharmacol 110:1156-64. 1993..In contrast, the somatostatin receptor mediating negative inotropy in the atrium and inhibition of neurotransmission in the vas deferens appears similar to the SSTR4 receptor which recognises SS28 with higher affinity than SS14...
- Species-selective binding of [3H]-idazoxan to alpha 2-adrenoceptors and non-adrenoceptor, imidazoline binding sites in the central nervous systemJ F Hussain
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 109:831-7. 1993....
- Endothelin receptor subtypes in human and guinea-pig pulmonary tissuesD W Hay
Department of Inflammation and Respiratory Pharmacology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Br J Pharmacol 110:1175-83. 1993..In human bronchus ET-1-induced prostanoid release, unlike the contractile response, appears to be mediated via ETA receptor activation...
- Sequential activation of the triple excitatory transmission to the circular muscle of guinea-pig colonC A Maggi
Pharmacology Department, Menarini Ricerche, Florence, Italy
Neuroscience 79:263-74. 1997..Postjunctional factors predominate in determining the relative contribution of the three transmitters, acetylcholine, substance P and neurokinin A, in producing excitation of the circular muscle...
- The effect of caffeine on prostaglandin output from the guinea-pig uterusE K Naderali
Department of Pharmacology, University of Edinburgh Medical School
Br J Pharmacol 113:103-10. 1994..Keywords: Caffeine; prostaglandins; uterus; ryanodine; ruthenium red; TMB-8; trifluoperazine, W-7; theophylline..
- Identification of both NK1 and NK2 receptors in guinea-pig airwaysK T McKee
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Pointe Claire, Dorval, , Canada
Br J Pharmacol 110:693-700. 1993..6. In summary, these data demonstrate that guinea-pig lung parenchyma and guinea-pig trachea express both NK1 and NK2 receptors...
- Studies on the mechanisms involved in the inflammatory response in a reversed passive Arthus reaction in guinea-pig skin: contribution of neutrophils and endogenous mediatorsM M Teixeira
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:1363-71. 1994..Moreover, our results confirm previous findings which suggest a dominant role for nitric oxide in maintaining cutaneous blood flow in the guinea-pig...
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptors that facilitate excitatory neuromuscular transmission in the guinea-pig isolated detrusor muscleE Messori
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 115:677-83. 1995..On the other hand, the potentiating effect caused by micromolar concentrations of 5-HT mostly involves cholinergic transmission and is mediated by the 5-HT3 receptors...
- Comparison of tachykinin NK1 and NK2 receptors in the circular muscle of the guinea-pig ileum and proximal colonC A Maggi
Pharmacology and Chemistry Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 112:150-60. 1994..g.agonist binding to different epitopes of the same receptor protein) cannot be excluded at present.Furthermore, an intraspecies heterogeneity of the NK2 receptor in the circular muscle of the guinea-pig ileum and colon is suggested...
- Tachykinin NK1 and NK2 receptor antagonists and atropine-resistant ascending excitatory reflex to the circular muscle of the guinea-pig ileumC A Maggi
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 112:161-8. 1994....
- Lipoprotein lipases from cow, guinea-pig and man. Structural characterization and identification of protease-sensitive internal regionsG Bengtsson-Olivecrona
Eur J Biochem 161:281-8. 1986..The binding site for heparin was retained after both tryptic and chymotryptic cleavages and was identified as localized in the C-terminal part of the molecule...
- Isolation, characterization, and pharmacological actions of peptide histidine valine 42, a novel prepro-vasoactive intestinal peptide-derived peptideY Yiangou
Department of Medicine, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 262:14010-3. 1987..was also more potent than peptide histidine methionine in relaxing smooth muscle preparations of rat stomach and guinea pig trachea, but was approximately 4-fold less potent in reducing blood pressure than VIP...
- Purification and amino-terminal sequencing of the high affinity phenylalkylamine Ca2+ antagonist binding protein from guinea pig liver endoplasmic reticulumF F Moebius
Institut fur Biochemische Pharmakologie, Universitat Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 269:29314-20. 1994..1993) Mol. Pharmacol. 43, 139-148) was purified to homogeneity from the endoplasmic reticulum of guinea pig liver with the aid of [3H]emopamil, an antiischemic agent, and [3H]azidopamil, a photoaffinity label...
- Synthesis, in vitro validation and in vivo pharmacokinetics of [125I]N-[2-(4-iodophenyl)ethyl]-N-methyl-2-(1-piperidinyl) ethylamine: a high-affinity ligand for imaging sigma receptor positive tumorsC S John
Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry Section, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Nucl Med Biol 23:761-6. 1996..Sites labeled by 4-[125I]PEMP in guinea pig brain membranes showed high affinity for BD1008, haloperidol, and (+)-pentazocine (Ki = 5.06 +/- 0.40, 32...
- Effects of pregnancy and chronic hypoxia on contractile responsiveness to alpha1-adrenergic stimulationM M White
Women s Health Research Center, Colorado 80217 3364, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 85:2322-9. 1998..We examined the contractile response to phenylephrine (PE) in guinea pig uterine artery (UA), mesenteric artery (MA), and thoracic aorta (TA) rings isolated from nonpregnant or pregnant ..
- Interaction of 3beta, 5alpha-tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone in rat and guinea-pig neurons: a comparison of Ca2+ - and GABA(A)-CI- -channel current modulationJ M ffrench-Mullen
RIN Bioscience, Zeneca Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, DE, USA
Steroids 64:76-82. 1999..In addition, these results also suggest a common mode of action and a lack of interspecies difference for this steroid...
- Cocaine-induced alterations in the density of monoaminergic receptors in the embryonic guinea pig cerebral wallM S Lidow
Department of Oral and Craniofacial Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201, USA
Synapse 32:225-37. 1999..alpha2- and beta-adrenergic, 5-HT1A- and 5-HT2-serotonergic, and D1- and D2-dopaminergic receptors in the fetal guinea pig cerebral wall which contained forming motor area of the cerebral cortex...
- Putative sigma(3) sites in mammalian brain have histamine H(1) receptor properties: evidence from ligand binding and distribution studies with the novel H(1) radioligand [(3)H]-(-)-trans-1-phenyl-3-aminotetralinR G Booth
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
Brain Res 837:95-105. 1999..13+/-0.03 nM) in guinea pig brain...
- Growth hormone resistance: clinical states and animal modelsK L Hull
Bishop s University, Lennoxville, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z7
J Endocrinol 163:165-72. 1999..Numerous models have been proposed, including the sex-linked dwarf chicken, the guinea pig, and the Laron mouse...
- Synthesis and in vitro opioid activity profiles of DALDA analoguesP W Schiller
Laboratory of Chemical Biology and Peptide Research, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Med Chem 35:895-901. 2000..All compounds displayed high mu receptor selectivity in the rat and guinea pig brain membrane binding assays and most of them were more potent mu agonists than DALDA in the mu receptor-..
- On the mechanisms of cholinergic control of the sinoatrial node dischargeM Vassalle
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, State University of New York, Brooklyn 11203, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 37:173-86. 2001..by high and low concentrations of carbachol were studied using an electrophysiologic technique in isolated guinea pig sinoatrial node perfused in vitro in the absence and presence of different concentrations of Cs+ and Ba2+...
- Cholesterol-lowering effect of NK-104, a 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase inhibitor, in guinea pig model of hyperlipidemiaT Aoki
Tokyo Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Division, Kowa Company, Ltd, Higashimurayama, Tokyo, Japan
Arzneimittelforschung 51:197-203. 2001..In conclusion, in guinea pig hypercholesterolemia caused by high-laurate diet, NK-104 and atorvastatin lowered plasma cholesterol levels with ..
- Morphology, electrophysiology, and calbindin immunoreactivity of myenteric neurons in the guinea pig distal colonK Tamura
Department of Physiology, Tokai University, Boseidi, Isehara 259 1193, Japan
J Comp Neurol 437:423-37. 2001The morphological and physiological characteristics of myenteric neurons in the guinea pig distal colon were determined using Lucifer yellow- or N-(2-aminoethyl) biotinamide-containing microelectrodes and intracellular recording and ..
- [Mechanism of cellular toxicity induced by digitalis compounds. Study with ouabain]Margarita del C Ramírez Ortega
Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia Ignacio Chavez, INCICH, Juan Badiano No 1, Col Seccion XVI, Tlalpan, 14080 Mexico, D F
Arch Cardiol Mex 72:S171-6. 2002..We present results of cell toxicity in a study performed with ouabain acting on a HeLa cells culture and on guinea pig heart myocites under ouabain intoxication.
- SCH 206272: a potent, orally active tachykinin NK(1), NK(2), and NK(3) receptor antagonistJohn C Anthes
Department of Allergy, Schering Plough Research Institute, K15 1 1600, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 450:191-202. 2002..2 +/- 0.3) induced by the tachykinin NK(2) receptor agonist, neurokinin A. In isolated guinea pig tissues, SCH 206272 inhibited substance P-induced enhancement of electrical field stimulated contractions of the ..
- Commentary: Abeta N- Terminal Isoforms: Critical contributors in the course of AD pathophysiologyTINA L TEKIRIAN
Genetics and Aging Unit and Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Building 149, 13th Street, Room 6133, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA E mail
J Alzheimers Dis 3:241-248. 2001..For instance, the primate, guinea pig, canine, and polar bear share an identical Abeta sequence to that observed in human brain while the rat displays ..
- Effects of ecabet sodium, an antiulcer drug, on gastric adaptive relaxation in isolated guinea-pig stomachsK Higuchi
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Drugs Exp Clin Res 28:105-11. 2002..The results suggested that this antiulcer drug might improve symptoms in patients with dysmotility-like functional dyspepsia...
- Comparison of motor reactivity of the colonic muscularis mucosae isolated from human, guinea pig and rat in vitroYuichiro Kamikawa
Department of Pharmacology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Pol J Pharmacol 54:261-6. 2002We have compared the reactivity to spasmogens of longitudinal muscularis mucosae isolated from the human, guinea pig and rat colon in vitro...
- Caffeine and ryanodine demonstrate a role for the ryanodine receptor in the organ of CortiRichard P Bobbin
Kresge Hearing Research Laboratories, Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Biocommunication, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 533 Bolivar Street, 5th Floor, New Orleans, LA 70112 2234, USA
Hear Res 174:172-82. 2002..The drugs were infused into the perilymph compartment of the guinea pig cochlea while sound (10 kHz) evoked cochlear potentials and distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAEs; 2f(..
- The effect of L-arginine on slow motility of mammalian outer hair cellMin Jon Lin
Department of Life Sciences, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung City, Taiwan
Hear Res 178:52-8. 2003..3 mM) but not D-arginine (3 mM) or other amino acids (L-aspartate or L-glutamate) induced length increases of guinea pig outer hair cell...
- A histologic study on the temporal bone of guinea pigsFatma Tulin Kayhan
Department of Otolaryngology, Dr Lütfi Kirdar Kartal Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 10:51-7. 2003We examined histopathologic and anatomical features of the guinea pig temporal bone and evaluated the differences and similarities with respect to the human ear.
- Mechanisms for monovalent cation-dependent depletion of intracellular Mg2+:Na(+)-independent Mg2+ pathways in guinea-pig smooth muscleShinsuke Nakayama
Department of Cell Physiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Physiol 551:843-53. 2003..Na+ substitutions with NMDG, choline or Li+ had little effect on intracellular ATP concentration after 100 min treatment...
- Cat-scratch disease presenting as a breast massCendrine Godet
Departments of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Poitiers, France
Scand J Infect Dis 36:494-5. 2004The case of a 14-y-old girl who presented with a mass in her left breast after having contact with a guinea pig is presented...
- Sensory collaterals, intramural ganglia and motor nerves in the guinea-pig bladder: evidence for intramural neural circuitsJ I Gillespie
The Urophysiology Research Group, School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, The Medical School, The University, Newcastle upon Tyne, England NE2 4HH, UK
Cell Tissue Res 325:33-45. 2006..The role of such a scheme in bladder pathology and the therapeutic sites of action of anticholinergic and sympathomimetic drugs are discussed...
- [Effects of asphyxia on endocochlear direct-current potential in guinea pig]Xiuli Liu
Department of Otolaryngology, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, China
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 20:322-4. 2006..To investigate the mechanism of auditory function disturbance due to asphyxiants...
- Skin sensitization potency of methyl methacrylate in the local lymph node assay: comparisons with guinea-pig data and human experienceCatherine J Betts
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK1 4TJ, UK
Contact Dermatitis 55:140-7. 2006..Results of LLNA studies have been interpreted in the context of historical clinical data on occupational allergic contact dermatitis associated with exposure to MMA...
- Effects of muscarinic agonists in the guinea-pig prostateF Mitchelson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Auton Autacoid Pharmacol 27:113-21. 2007..The finding provides no evidence that facilitatory M(1) autoreceptors on cholinergic neurons play a major role in the facilitation of contractions...
- alpha- and epsilon-protein kinase C activity during smooth muscle cell apoptosis in response to gamma-radiationSandra Claro
Department of Biophysics, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:964-72. 2007..Cultured SMCs and slices from guinea pig ileum smooth muscle longitudinal layer (GPISMLL) were exposed to 10 to 50 Gy...
- Genomic differences between guinea pig lethal and nonlethal Marburg virus variantsLoreen L Lofts
Viral Pathogenesis and Immunology Branch, Virology Division, US Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Infect Dis 196:S305-12. 2007..The L gene mutations were equally intriguing, clustering near a highly conserved motif in viral RNA-dependent RNA polymerases...
- Transglutaminase induces protofibril-like amyloid beta-protein assemblies that are protease-resistant and inhibit long-term potentiationDean M Hartley
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 283:16790-800. 2008..Both Abeta40 and Abeta42 are good substrates for TGase but show different aggregation patterns. Guinea pig and human TGase induced similar Abeta aggregation patterns, and oligomerization was observed with Abeta40 ..
- Motoneurons of the stapedius muscle in the guinea pig middle ear: afferent and efferent transmittersStefan Reuss
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Saarstr 19 21, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Brain Res 1221:59-66. 2008....
- Ethyl-cyanoacrylate is acutely nontoxic and provides sufficient bond strength for anastomosis of peripheral nervesTodd Rickett
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 90:750-4. 2009..Using a guinea pig model, we analyzed the mechanical properties of transected sciatic nerves repaired with epineural application of ..
- Novel analogues of istaroxime, a potent inhibitor of Na+,K+-ATPase: synthesis and structure-activity relationshipMauro Gobbini
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Prassis Istituto di Ricerche Sigma Tau SpA, Via Forlanini 3, Settimo Milanese, MI, Italy
J Med Chem 51:4601-8. 2008..The compounds tested in the guinea pig model induced positive inotropic effects, which are correlated to the in vitro inhibitory potency on the Na(+),K(..
- Main olfactory system mediates social buffering of conditioned fear responses in male ratsYasushi Kiyokawa
Laboratory of Veterinary Ethology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 29:777-85. 2009..However, the presence of another rat, but not a guinea pig, dramatically mitigated these responses, even if the dyad was separated by a wire mesh or a pair of wire meshes ..
- Comparative study of Pax2 expression in glial cells in the retina and optic nerve of birds and mammalsJennifer Stanke
Integrated Biomedical Science Graduate Program, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:2316-33. 2010..By comparison, Pax2-positive cells are not found within the guinea pig retina; Pax2-expressing glia are confined to the optic nerve...
- Pamela Lein; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We have demonstrated that in a guinea pig model, organophosphorus pesticides (OPs) cause airway hyperreactivity that is dose-related and associated with the functional loss of autoinhibitory ..
- Using Electrochemical Methods to Probe Neuronal Signaling in the GI TractGreg M Swain; Fiscal Year: 2010..studies, which have significant relevance for pediatric health, will be performed as a function of test animal (guinea pig) age in order to learn about the postnatal ENS development...
- Sex Differences in Molecular Heterogeneity of Cardiac RepolarizationGlenna C L Bett; Fiscal Year: 2012..restitution, QT prolongation and pharmacological sensitivity) which can be tested in our experimental human and guinea pig models...
- Aquilur Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2014..In this Phase II application, N&N proposes to complete an additional efficacy study in a genital HSV-2 guinea pig model resembling the human disease...
- Screening Complete TB Proteome for Protective AntigensAlan Greener; Fiscal Year: 2010..The leading vaccine candidates identified in mouse studies will be further examined in the more stringent guinea pig model with a prime and boost strategy, and the protective efficacy is directly compared to that of Bacillus ..
- Effect Ultraviolet Radiation on Latent M. tuberculosis Infection in Guinea PigsAmminikutty Jeevan; Fiscal Year: 2010..tuberculosis infection in the low-dose guinea pig model of pulmonary tuberculosis...
- Development of a Novel Vaccine Against Herpes Simplex Type 2DEBORAH SPECTOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Specific Aim 2, we will extend our findings into the guinea pig model so that protection can be measured against both primary and recurrent HSV-2 infection...
- Developmental neurotoxicity of sarin and soman in guinea pigsEdson X Albuquerque; Fiscal Year: 2012..The guinea pig will be the animal model of choice because: (i) brain development of guinea pigs closely resembles that of ..
- BETA ENDORPHIN NEURONS AND THE CONTROL OF HOMEOSTASISMartin Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2009..neurons;(3) to elucidate the POMC input to NPY neurons;and (4) to characterize leptin and insulin signaling in guinea pig POMC and NPY neurons during the early and late follicular phases of the ovulatory cycle...
- MARTIN JEFFREY KELLY; Fiscal Year: 2016..neurons;(3) to elucidate the POMC input to NPY neurons;and (4) to characterize leptin and insulin signaling in guinea pig POMC and NPY neurons during the early and late follicular phases of the ovulatory cycle...
- The Effects of Fatty Acid Ethyl Esters on the Developing LungSOWMYA S MOHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..exposure increases the accumulation of cytotoxic Fatty Acid Ethyl Esters (FAEE) in the lungs of our preterm guinea pig animal model (Aim 1)...
- Novel dominant-negative HSV-2 recombinant viral vaccinesFeng Yao; Fiscal Year: 2011..The vaccine efficacy of IL15/gB2-expressing CJ2-gD2 in preventing primary and recurrent HSV-2 genital disease will be evaluated in mouse and guinea pig models of HSV-2 intravaginal infection.
- Mark R Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2015..Using the guinea pig model of congenital CMV infection, we propose to test this approach by targeting viral genes that subvert two ..
- Targeted genome modification of guinea pig and sheep using engineered zinc fingerHilda Holcombe; Fiscal Year: 2011..Furthermore, the streamlined methods will benefit animal welfare by decreasing both the number of animals required to generate genetically-modified animals and the number of major surgical procedures required for their generation. ..
- M. tuberculosis genes required for pulmonary survival revealed by TraCSMARY HONDALUS; Fiscal Year: 2013..The guinea pig host reproduces many aspects of human tuberculosis including the necrotic, hypoxic granuloma not found in all ..
- Oral prodrug of a novel antiviral that blocks neuronal reactivation of HSVGeorge E Wright; Fiscal Year: 2012..of an optimal oral formulation of Sacrovir, the experiments of aim 4 to test efficacy in rabbit and guinea pig models, respectively, will be conducted by subcontractor Dr. James M...
- Prevention of oxidative stress decreases persistence of drug tolerant M. TubercuRandall J Basaraba; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary data shows that oxidative stress exists in human and guinea pig Mtb lesions...
- Michael D Gershon; Fiscal Year: 2014..neurons isolated from guinea pigs or mice and, when introduced to the bowel, VZV establishes latency in the guinea pig ENS in situ...
- Genital Herpes Vaccine DiscoveryGary Fujii; Fiscal Year: 2010..challenge with a significant reduction in primary disease and a trend towards reducing recurrent infections in a guinea pig model...
- Targeted genome modification of guinea pig and sheep using engineered zinc fingerHilda Holcombe; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluation of CPAF Mediated Anti-Chlamydial Immunity in the Guinea PigBERNARD PRAGASH ARULANANDAM; Fiscal Year: 2012..We propose to translate and validate the protective efficacy of rCPAF in an alternative animal model the guinea pig with C. caviae, the causative agent of guinea pig inclusion conjunctivitis (GPIC)...
- Oline K Ronnekleiv; Fiscal Year: 2016..E2), and recently, we have found that E2 differentially regulates arcuate kisspeptin neurons in the female guinea pig, inhibiting expression during negative feedback and augmenting expression during positive feedback...
- Yuying Liang; Fiscal Year: 2014..A small animal model for Lassa fever - guinea pig infected with a non-pathogenic Pichinde virus (PICV) within the same Arenaviridae family - has shown many ..
- A novel live intranasal TB vaccineFrederick D Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this proposal is to determine the protective efficacy of intranasal TBVac85 against Mtb challenge in the guinea pig aerosol infection model...
- Asthma Exacerbation by Organophosphate PesticidesALLISON DEBORAH FRYER; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will test this in vitro inhuman and guinea pig parasympathetic nerves and in vivo in guinea pigs...
- Anna Bakardjiev; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have developed a novel pregnant guinea pig model of listeriosis that replicates human disease, as the placental architecture of guinea pigs closely ..
- Edward A Nardell; Fiscal Year: 2015..of high humidity on UV air disinfection and conduct exploratory molecular-based air sampling in parallel with guinea pig air sampling...
- Meropenem Prodrugs for XDR-TBRory P Remmel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Efficacy studies will be conducted in a BSL-3 laboratory in the guinea pig model of TB.
- Effect of HIV Infection on Pulmonary MDR-TB Transmission and VirulenceAshwin S Dharmadhikari; Fiscal Year: 2013..MDR-TB patients in South Africa and will further develop proficiency with the use of an aerosol exposed guinea pig model of TB...
- Alistair McGregor; Fiscal Year: 2015..The guinea pig is the only small animal model that allows the study of congenital CMV by using species specific guinea pig CMV (..
- William M King; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Crystallin-Derived Anti-Chaperones in the LensKrishna K Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies will be performed in both human lenses and in the guinea pig model of age-related cataractogenesis...
- Vestibular Reflexes WILLIAM MICHAEL KING; Fiscal Year: 2010..Yehoash Raphael. We plan to develop a guinea pig model of vestibular function for two sets of planned studies in the future: first, a study of hair cell ..
- Stress-Induced Sickness Behavior during Social SeparationMichael B Hennessy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Research proposed here uses a guinea pig model to examine the possibility that proinflammatory activity induced by the stressor of maternal separation ..
- Can L-carnitine prevent drug-induced hearing loss?Gilda Kalinec; Fiscal Year: 2004..We hypothesize that LCAR, a safe agent in humans, can decrease drug-induced ototoxicity in the guinea pig model...
- Ian M Orme; Fiscal Year: 2014..collaborative sites have worked together closely to solve a variety of technical problems regarding isolation of guinea pig lung RNA, as well as transport issues, and we now have a workable protocol to base these studies on [and as a ..
- Effect of Pertussis Toxin on Cough in Guinea PigNICHOLAS CARBONETTI; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our specific aims are: 1. To elucidate the characteristics of B. pertussis colonization of the guinea pig respiratory tract, including that of wild type and pertussis toxin-deficient strains of B. pertussis; and 2...
- Inhaled Caprazamycin for Tuberculolsis TherapyAnthony James Hickey; Fiscal Year: 2013..a) Pharmacokinetics and (b) pharmacodynamics of inhaled CPZEN will be assessed in the low dose infected guinea pig model...
- PREMATURE WEANING AND ADULT CHOLESTEROL HOMEOSTASISDONALD MC NAMARA; Fiscal Year: 1993..the effect of premature weaning on the regulation of cholesterol and lipoprotein metabolism in the adult guinea pig. Preliminary studies have shown that weaning 2 day old neonate guinea pig to a chow diet, as compared to ..
- Molecular Pathogenesis of LeptospirosisMichael Lovett; Fiscal Year: 2009..pathogenesis of leptospirosis is based on the following findings in our models of acute lethal infection in the guinea pig, and chronic renal carriage in the rat: 1...
- CHEMICALLLY INDUCED CHRONIC ALLERGIC LUNG DISEASEMERYL KAROL; Fiscal Year: 2000..A guinea pig model (developed by this investigator) is used...
- Mechanosensory properties in the partially obstructed guinea pig small intestineHans Gregersen; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A Guinea Pig Model of Adenovirus PneumoniaADRIANA ELISA KAJON; Fiscal Year: 2010..application will address the characterization of guinea pig adenovirus (GPAdV) infection of its natural host, Cavia porcellus, as a novel surrogate model of mammalian adenovirus respiratory infection...
- Gianrico Farrugia; Fiscal Year: 2015..a Na+ current in the intestinal tract of humans, dogs and rats but not in several other species such as guinea pig and mouse. Mutations in Nav1.5 cause disease...
- Andrew D Pucker; Fiscal Year: 2016..The applicant will gain an understanding of how to induce myopia in the guinea pig, and he will receive advanced training in microscopy and genetic analysis in order to characterize smooth muscle ..
- ETHANOL MODULATION OF ENTERIC NEUROTRANSMISSIONTerence Smith; Fiscal Year: 2000..This study will provide significant insights into how EtOH affects enteric neurotransmission to alter gut motility. ..
- Auditory Neuroprotection by Small Molecule Agonists of the TrkB ReceptorKeqiang Ye; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific aim 3: Test the efficacy of 7,8-DHF in vivo for protecting SG neurons against degeneration in a guinea pig model deafened by ototoxic drugs...
- Igor R Efimov; Fiscal Year: 2015..It is paradoxical, but we know much more about ion channels and action potentials in the mouse, rat, guinea pig, rabbit, and canine as compared to our own species - Homo sapiens...
- Micromechanical Device for Intracochlear Drug DeliveryJeffrey Borenstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..the previous project period we developed and tested a microfluidics-based, wearable drug delivery device for the guinea pig using a novel reciprocating delivery paradigm...
- Jeffrey T Borenstein; Fiscal Year: 2014..period, we developed and tested a microfluidics-based, wearable drug delivery device and demonstrated it in a guinea pig model using a novel reciprocating delivery paradigm...
- RAIMOND LESTER WINSLOW; Fiscal Year: 2015..The work will be made more general by also including an examination of Ca2+ overload arrhythmias in mouse and guinea pig. The planned investigation will encompass multiple scales: from the molecular defect, to cellular Ca2+ ..
- Acoustic and electrical hearing after Atoh1 treatmentBryan E Pfingst; Fiscal Year: 2010..Atoh1) into the mature predeafened guinea pig cochlea. We have also demonstrated that the new hair cells can attract neurons...
- FETAL HYPOXEMIA AND ENDOTHELIUM DERIVED NITRIC OXIDELoren P Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2010..that chronic hypoxia increases coronary and cardiac gene expression of NOS and angiogenesis in the fetal guinea pig heart...
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2011..U.S. Federal agencies accepted the ICCVAM recommendations that the LLNA was a valid substitute for the current guinea pig test method used to assess the allergic contact dermatitis and that it could be used to evaluate most but not ..
- SUPPORT CONTRACT FOR THE NTP INTERAGENCY CENTER/VALIDATION OF ALT METHODSDavid Allen; Fiscal Year: 2012..U.S. Federal agencies accepted the ICCVAM recommendations that the LLNA was a valid substitute for the current guinea pig test method used to assess the allergic contact dermatitis and that it could be used to evaluate most but not ..
- Remodeling of the guinea pig intrinsic cardiac plexus with chronic heart diseaseELIZABETH MARIE SOUTHERLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using a whole mount preparation of the guinea pig cardiac plexus, we will evaluate the physiological responses of individual intrinsic cardiac neurons to ..
- IVAN B YANACHKOV; Fiscal Year: 2015..of human P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y6, or P2X1 receptors, and had good safety margin in the endothelium P2Y-dependent guinea pig aorta relaxation model...
- Abnormality in Gene Expression of Key Mediators of Vitamin A Action in COPDSalil K Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have reported earlier that cigarette smoke exposure in our guinea pig model caused an accumulation of retinol and a decrease in RA in lung, suggesting an abnormality in retinoid ..
- Edward J Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2015..of energy homeostasis and synaptic transmission onto appetite-suppressing POMC neurons will be studied using a guinea pig animal model...
- Novel vaccine to CMV based on a disc virusAlistair McGregor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among the small animal models of CMV only the guinea pig model allows the study of congenital infection...
- Development of a novel vaccine against congenital cytomegalovirus infectionChristopher S Morello; Fiscal Year: 2010..MCMV does not cause infection in utero, studies of the prevention of congenital CMV infection have utilized the guinea pig CMV (GPCMV) model...
- Jackie D Wood; Fiscal Year: 2014..between the enteric nervous system (ENS), spinal sensory afferent innervation and enteric mast cells with guinea pig small intestine as the experimental model...
- Lisa Ostrin; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the proposed research program, a relatively new animal model of human myopia, the guinea pig, will be used to further characterize the structural and functional changes in lens-induced myopia...
- Preclinical Development of a Novel and Effective Treatment for CoughBlake M Paterson; Fiscal Year: 2011..For Aim 2, the antitussive effect of MMT will be further validated in the guinea pig model and a dose response curve established for both formulated and unformulated MMT...
- ALLOXAN RESISTANCE & ISLET REGENERATION IN GUINEA PIGKENNETH GORRAY; Fiscal Year: 1993The guinea pig is unique in its physiologic and pancreatic morphological responses to high doses of diabetogen alloxan...
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR DRUG INDUCED CARDIOTOXICITY IN AIDSCRAIG CLARKSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..encoded K currents with an affinity that is higher than that which blocks the analogous current expressed in guinea pig heart...
- Novel Strategy for Animal Model Testing of HCMV VaccinesMark Schleiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..The observation that purified, recombinant forms of guinea pig cytomegalovirus (GPCMV) gB are protective against infection and disease in the guinea pig model of congenital ..
- MOLECULAR COEVOLUTION OF GROWTH HORMONE AND ITS RECEPTORWen Hsiung Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..Peculiar features of GH and GHR are also found in other mammals such as rat, mouse, and cow. In particular, guinea pig GHR does not bind to human (or bovine) GH, and guinea pigs grow well even in the absence of GH...
- BILL BASINGER; Fiscal Year: 2015..to date, studies at UMB have evaluated OP exposures at levels where galantamine produces 100% survivability in guinea pig subjects...
- MURINE MODEL OF IMMUNOSUPPRESSION INDUCED CMV RETINITISPatrick Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 1991..We have recently confirmed that the guinea pig CM provides an excellent model for the investigation of cogenital CM infections of the inner ear, and have been ..
- GATING OF THE CFTR CL CHANNEL BY ATP HYDROLYSISTzyh Chang Hwang; Fiscal Year: 1999..coupled to the gating of the Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane conductance Regulator (CFTR) Cl channel in isolated guinea pig ventricular myocytes and in various cell lines transfected with wild-type or mutant CFTR genes...
- LYSOSOMAL PROTEASES OF SPERMATOZOAJOHN MC DONALD; Fiscal Year: 1993..functional significance of new lysosomal-type protease (endopeptidases and exopeptidases) recently detected in guinea pig epididymal spermatozoa...
- ROLE OF SEROTONIN IN PREGNANCY-RELATED HYPERTENSIONCarl Weiner; Fiscal Year: 1992..Questions 5-9 are addressed using suspended isometric rings from guinea pig uterine and mesenteric arteries...
- Mu Opioid Receptor Regulation in Neonatal BrainstemGEORGE OLSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..For anatomical, physiological, and pharmacological reasons, the guinea pig is a superb model for study of maternal opioid abuse...
- DOXYCYCLINE EFFECT ON OSTEOARTHRITIS PROGRESSIONKenneth Brandt; Fiscal Year: 2003..Similar results have been noted in guinea pig and rabbit models of OA...
- AIRWAY PHARMACOLOGY DURING ONTOGENESISJames Douglas; Fiscal Year: 1993..It is proposed to chronically catheterize the guinea pig femoral vein to allow repeated samplings of plasma during maturation...
- ROLE OF GALANIN RECEPTORS IN GASTROINTESTINAL MOTILITYCatia Sternini; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will utilize the rat and guinea pig as model systems and will combine morphological and functional approaches including in vitro and in vivo studies...
- Prophylactic and Therapeutic Agents for Respiratory Viral InfectionPatent Number: JP2016130227-A; Date:2016-07-21
- CANCER TREATMENTS USING COMBINATIONS OF MEK TYPE I AND ERK INHIBITORSPatent Number: EP3082422-A2; Date:2016-10-26
- CANCER TREATMENT USING COMBINATIONS OF ERK AND RAF INHIBITORSPatent Number: EP3082800-A2; Date:2016-10-26
- CANCER TREATMENTS USING COMBINATIONS OF CDK AND ERK INHIBITORSPatent Number: EP3082423-A1; Date:2016-10-26
- USE OF CATHEPSIN K INHIBITION FOR THE TREATMENT AND/OR PROPHYLAXIS OF PULMONARY HYPERTENSION AND/OR HEART FAILUREPatent Number: KR1020140034821-A; Date:2014-03-20
- MICRO-RNAS AND COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING SAME FOR THE TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF SEROTONIN-, ADRENALIN-, NORADRENALIN-, GLUTAMATE-, AND CORTICOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE- ASSOCIATED MEDICAL CONDITIONSPatent Number: JP2014530803-A; Date:2014-11-20
- Use of cathepsin K inhibition for the treatment and/or prophylxis of pulmonary hypertension and/or heart failurePatent Number: JP2014518868-A; Date:2014-08-07
- Method for selecting plasma cells plasmablasts, method for porducing target antigen-specific antibody, and new monoclonal antibodyPatent Number: KR1020140032394-A; Date:2014-03-14
- METHOD FOR SELECTING PLASMA CELLS AND PLASMABLASTS, METHOD FOR PRODUCING TARGET ANTIGEN-SPECIFIC ANTIBODY, AND NEW MONOCLONAL ANTIBODYPatent Number: EP2703485-A1; Date:2014-03-05
- MICRO-RNAS AND COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING SAME FOR THE TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF SEROTONIN-, ADRENALIN-, NORADRENALIN-, GLUTAMATE-, AND CORTICOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE- ASSOCIATED MEDICAL CONDITIONSPatent Number: WO2015118537-A2; Date:2015-08-13
- Polypeptide having L-asparaginase activityPatent Number: EP1321519-A1; Date:2003-06-25
- Tissue transglutaminasePatent Number: WO02068616-A2; Date:2002-09-06
- Screening methodPatent Number: WO2004043468-A; Date:2004-05-27
- Regulation of oncogenes by microRNAsPatent Number: EP2298897-A1; Date:2011-03-23
- guinea pig chymasePatent Number: JP2007020570-A; Date:2007-02-01
- Food flours with specific technological characteristics and low allergenicityPatent Number: WO2004044208-A2; Date:2004-05-27
- DNAs encoding mammalian Histamine receptor of the H4 subtypePatent Number: JP2004516005-A; Date:2004-06-03
- Receptor AgonistPatent Number: WO2004067008-A; Date:2004-08-12
- Recombinant cells, Methods for analysis of aryl hydrocarbons using the same, and Kits for analysis of aryl hydrocarbons using the samePatent Number: JP2005087077-A; Date:2005-04-07
- Antisense Enzyme Inhibitors for Improving Pharmacokinetics of a drugPatent Number: JP2004523465-A; Date:2004-08-05
- Receptor AgonistPatent Number: JP2004346059-A; Date:2004-12-09
- Screening methodPatent Number: JP2005021151-A; Date:2005-01-27
- novel polynucleotidePatent Number: JP2005027666-A; Date:2005-02-03
- METHODS FOR TREATING PROPERDIN-RELATED DISEASES OR DISORDERSPatent Number: WO2013033518-A1; Date:2013-03-07
- Suppressing medicine of the IL-13 productionPatent Number: WO2006088219-A; Date:2006-08-24
- Nucleic acid encoding a novel prostaglandin receptor protein andmethods of use thereofPatent Number: KR1020067013284-A; Date:2006-06-30
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR INHIBITING EXPRESSION OF FACTOR VII GENESPatent Number: KR1020110069887-A; Date:2011-06-23
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SELECTIVE ESTROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORSPatent Number: JP2007509858-A; Date:2007-04-19
- Method for the detection of animal species and primers for the detection of animal speciesPatent Number: JP2007209281-A; Date:2007-08-23
- Specific Inhibition of AllorejectionPatent Number: JP2007524591-A; Date:2007-08-30
- Method for analysis of nuclear receptor ligandPatent Number: JP2007295806-A; Date:2007-11-15
- Nucleic Acid Encoding A Novel Prostaglandin Receptor Protein And Methods Of Use ThereofPatent Number: JP2008504010-A; Date:2008-02-14
- Method for identifying organisms by means of comparative genetic analysis and primers and hybridisation probes for carrying out this methodPatent Number: WO0055361-A2; Date:2000-09-21
- Specific Inhibition of AllorejectionPatent Number: JP2006520604-A; Date:2006-09-14
- Gene therapy for congestive heart failurePatent Number: WO0148164-A2; Date:2001-07-05
- Antisense enzyme inhibitors for metabolic redirectionPatent Number: WO0187286-A2; Date:2001-11-22
- A NOVEL INTEGRIN beta SUBUNIT AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: WO9212236-A1; Date:1992-07-23
- The guinea pig proteinase-activated receptor 4 and its activating peptidePatent Number: WO02070564-A2; Date:2002-09-12
- Airway specific trypsin like protease and method of utilization thereofPatent Number: WO2002018562-A; Date:2002-03-07
- Methods of treating obesity and metabolic disordersPatent Number: WO2009068246-A2; Date:2009-06-04
- Pyridoy3,2-e pyrazines, process for preparing the same, and their use as inhibitors of phosphodiesterase 10Patent Number: WO2009070583-A1; Date:2009-06-04
- Process for the production of luteinPatent Number: EP2096177-A2; Date:2009-09-02
- Methods and compositions for treating and identifying compounds to treat age-related macular degenerationPatent Number: WO2009129497-A2; Date:2009-10-22
- Nucleotide and protein sequence of guinea pig il-6 and methods of usePatent Number: WO2009155373-A1; Date:2009-12-23
- Compositions and methods for inhibiting expression of factor vii genesPatent Number: WO2010055041-A1; Date:2010-05-20
- Process for the control of production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: EP2199304-A1; Date:2010-06-23
- Novel caviidae allergens and uses thereofPatent Number: WO2010070136-A2; Date:2010-06-24
- Isolated nucleic acid molecules encoding a novel phosphoprotein-darpp-32, encoded protein and uses thereofPatent Number: EP1756144-A2; Date:2007-02-28
- Methods for modulating adipocyte expression using microrna compositionsPatent Number: WO2010135714-A2; Date:2010-11-25
- MAMMALIAN PANCREATIC LIPASE AND VARIANT THEREOFPatent Number: WO9300426-A1; Date:1993-01-07
- Guinea pig chymasePatent Number: EP1743904-A2; Date:2007-01-17
- Methods for Treating and Identifying Compounds to Treat Age-Related Macular Degeneration TreatmentPatent Number: JP2011520788-A; Date:2011-07-21
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR INHIBITING EXPRESSION OF FACTOR VII GENESPatent Number: JP2012508569-A; Date:2012-04-12
- Selection Method of Plasma Cell or Plasmablast, Preparation Method of Antibody Specific to Target Antigen, Novel Monoclonal AntibodyPatent Number: WO2012133572-A; Date:2012-10-04
- Gene therapy vectors having reduced immunogenicityPatent Number: WO2004083404-A2; Date:2004-09-30
- CellinesPatent Number: WO2004087956-A2; Date:2004-10-14
- USE OF CATHEPSIN K INHIBITION FOR THE TREATMENT AND/OR PROPHYLAXIS OF PULMONARY HYPERTENSION AND/OR HEART FAILUREPatent Number: WO2012156311-A1; Date:2012-11-22
- Process for the production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: WO2005014828-A2; Date:2005-02-17
- Nucleic acid encoding a guinea pig prostaglandin receptor proteinand methods of use thereofPatent Number: WO2005066209-A1; Date:2005-07-21
- Regulation of oncogenes by microRNAsPatent Number: EP2338993-A1; Date:2011-06-29
- Regulation of oncogenes by microRNAsPatent Number: EP2338994-A1; Date:2011-06-29
- 11-Beta-HSD1 CRYSTAL STRUCTURES FOR STRUCTURE BASED DRUG DESIGNPatent Number: WO2005119525-A1; Date:2005-12-15
- No title suppliedPatent Number: WO2004083244-A2; Date:2004-09-30