Genomes and Genes
Alias: rats, Rattus
Publications36346 found, 100 shown here
- The EARP Complex and Its Interactor EIPR-1 Are Required for Cargo Sorting to Dense-Core VesiclesIrini Topalidou
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1006074. 2016..In addition, using a proteomic approach in rat insulinoma cells, we show that EIPR-1 physically interacts with the EARP complex...
- Accumulation of human full-length tau induces degradation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor α4 via activating calpain-2Yaling Yin
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medicine and the Collaborative Innovation Center for Brain Science, Key Laboratory of Ministry of Education of China for Neurological Disorders, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Sci Rep 6:27283. 2016..with an increased cleavage of the receptor producing a ~55kDa fragment in primary hippocampal neurons and in the rat brains, meanwhile, the α4 nAChR currents decreased...
- Mitochondrial Translocation of High Mobility Group Box 1 Facilitates LIM Kinase 2-Mediated Programmed Necrotic Neuronal DeathHye Won Hyun
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Epilepsy Research, College of Medicine, Hallym University Chuncheon, Kangwon Do, South Korea
Front Cell Neurosci 10:99. 2016..In the present study, SE was induced by pilocarpine in rats that were intracerebroventricularly infused with saline, control siRNA, LIMK2 siRNA or leptomycin B (LMB, a CRM1 ..
- Effects of Placental Ischemia Are Attenuated by 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D Treatment and Associated with Reduced Apoptosis and Increased AutophagyXiaoyu Tian
1 Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Key Laboratory of Neural and Vascular Biology, Ministry of Education, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
DNA Cell Biol 35:59-70. 2016..of preeclampsia and the pathologic and biochemical changes in reduction in uteroplacental perfusion (RUPP) model of rats. On day 1, 7, and 14 of pregnancy, rats in pregnant RUPP plus 1,25(OH)2D (RUPP+VD) group (n = 15) received 120 ng/..
- Panaxadiol Saponin and Dexamethasone Improve Renal Function in Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Mouse Model of Acute Kidney InjuryYan Chen
Department of Pathophysiology, College of Basic Medicine, Jilin University, Changchun, China Department of Nephropathy, The First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0134653. 2015..anti-inflammatory properties and protect cardiopulmonary function in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced septic shock rats. In the present study, we investigated whether PDS or Dexamethasone has a similar role in improving kidney function ..
- Nuclear Factor-kappaB-Dependent Sestrin2 Induction Mediates the Antioxidant Effects of BDNF Against Mitochondrial Inhibition in Rat Cortical NeuronsChia Lin Wu
Program in Molecular Medicine, National Yang Ming University and Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Neurobiol 53:4126-42. 2016..complex II inhibitor, and characterized the molecular mechanisms underlying BDNF induction of sestrin2 in primary rat cortical cultures...
- Cyclin Y inhibits plasticity-induced AMPA receptor exocytosis and LTPEunsil Cho
1 Center for Functional Connectomics, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul 136 791, South Korea 2 Department of Neuroscience, Korea University of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 350, South Korea
Sci Rep 5:12624. 2015..CCNY is enriched in postsynaptic fractions from rat forebrain and is localized adjacent to postsynaptic sites in dendritic spines in rat hippocampal neurons...
- The role of TRPM2 in hydrogen peroxide-induced expression of inflammatory cytokine and chemokine in rat trigeminal gangliaM K Chung
University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Department of Neural and Pain Sciences, Program in Neuroscience, United States
Neuroscience 297:160-9. 2015....
- Neurokinin 3 Receptor-Expressing Neurons in the Median Preoptic Nucleus Modulate Heat-Dissipation Effectors in the Female RatMelinda A Mittelman-Smith
Departments of Pathology M A M S, S J K H, N E R, Cellular and Molecular Medicine N T M, N E R, and Neurology N E R, and the Evelyn F McKnight Brain Institute N E R, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona 85724
Endocrinology 156:2552-62. 2015..Tail skin temperature (TSKIN) and TCORE were measured in ovariectomized rats exposed to 3 ambient temperatures (TAMBIENT) before and after estradiol-17β (E2) treatment...
- Endotoxin-stimulated Rat Hepatic Stellate Cells Induce Autophagy in Hepatocytes as a Survival MechanismAnil Dangi
Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J Cell Physiol 231:94-105. 2016..In vivo administration of LPS (up to 10 mg/mL) causes modest inflammation and weight loss in rats but not mortality. We determined whether LPS-stimulated HSCs instigate mechanisms of hepatocyte survival...
- Exosome-mediated inflammasome signaling after central nervous system injuryJuan Pablo de Rivero Vaccari
Neurological Surgery and the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Neurochem 136:39-48. 2016..their cargo in vivo, resulting in knockdown of ASC protein levels by approximately 76% when compared to SCI rats treated with scrambled siRNA...
- Post-transcriptional inactivation of matrix metalloproteinase-12 after focal cerebral ischemia attenuates brain damageBharath Chelluboina
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL, USA
Sci Rep 5:9504. 2015This study highlights the possible pathological role of MMP-12 in the context of ischemic stroke. Male rats were subjected to a two-hour middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) procedure...
- Inhibitor of Differentiation-1 and Hypoxia-Inducible Factor-1 Mediate Sonic Hedgehog Induction by Amyloid Beta-Peptide in Rat Cortical NeuronsYu Hsing Hung
Institute of Brain Science and Brain Research Center, National Yang Ming University, No 155, Section 2, Linong Street, Beitou District, Taipei City, 11221, Taiwan
Mol Neurobiol 53:793-809. 2016..We found that both Aβ25-35 and Aβ1-42 enhanced SHH expression in the primary cortical neurons derived from fetal rat brains...
- Curcumin attenuates glutamate neurotoxicity in the hippocampus by suppression of ER stress-associated TXNIP/NLRP3 inflammasome activation in a manner dependent on AMPKYing Li
Department of Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, 639, Longmian Road, Nanjing 211198, PR China Jiangsu Provincial Key Laboratory for TCM Evaluation and Translational Research, China Pharmaceutical University, 639, Longmian Road, Nanjing 211198, PR China
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 286:53-63. 2015..Moreover, oral administration of curcumin reduced brain infarct volume and attenuated neuronal damage in rats subjected to middle cerebral artery occlusion...
- Effect of simvastatin on mitochondrial enzyme activities, ghrelin, hypoxia-inducible factor 1α in hepatic tissue during early phase of sepsisHatice Yorulmaz
Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty, Halic University Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Clin Exp Med 8:3640-50. 2015..of simvastatin on mitochondrial enzyme, ghrelin, and hypoxia-inducible factor 1 α (HIF-1 α) on hepatic tissue in rats treated with Lipopolysaccharides (LPS) during the early phase of sepsis...
- Differential responses to acute administration of a new 5-HT7-R agonist as a function of adolescent pre-treatment: phMRI and immuno-histochemical studyLuisa Altabella
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanità Rome, Italy
Front Behav Neurosci 8:427. 2014..Adolescent subchronic LP-211 treatment produces some persisting changes in rats' forebrain structural and functional parameters...
- Transplantation of mesenchymal stem cells promotes the functional recovery of the central nervous system following cerebral ischemia by inhibiting myelin-associated inhibitor expression and neural apoptosisNianping Feng
Department of Neurology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150086, P R China
Exp Ther Med 11:1595-1600. 2016..In the present study, primary MSCs were isolated from healthy rats, labeled and transplanted into the brains of middle cerebral artery occlusion rat models...
- Effects of tumor necrosis factor, endothelin and nitric oxide on hyperdynamic circulation of rats with acute and chronic portal hypertensionJi Jian Wang
Department of General Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, 74 Linjing Road, Chongqing 400010, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:689-93. 2004To evaluate the effect of tumor necrosis factor (TNF), endothelin (ET) and nitric oxide (NO) on hyperdynamic circulation (HC) of rats with acute and chronic portal hypertension (PHT).
- Ilexgenin A inhibits endoplasmic reticulum stress and ameliorates endothelial dysfunction via suppression of TXNIP/NLRP3 inflammasome activation in an AMPK dependent mannerYi Li
State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China Department of Chinese Medicines Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Pharmacol Res 99:101-15. 2015..the loss of eNOS activity in vascular endothelium, and thereby improved endothelium-dependent vasodilation in rat aorta...
- An Oncogenic Virus Promotes Cell Survival and Cellular Transformation by Suppressing GlycolysisYing Zhu
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 12:e1005648. 2016..model of gammaherpesvirus Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV)-induced cellular transformation of rat primary mesenchymal stem cells...
- Gender-dependent and genotype-sensitive monoaminergic changes induced by polychlorinated biphenyl 153 in the rat brainKine S N Dervola
Department of Biochemistry, Division of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Basic Medical Science, University of Oslo, Norway
Neurotoxicology 50:38-45. 2015..acid neurotransmitters in the neostriatum of both male and female Wistar Kyoto (WKY) and spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) genotypes...
- Angiotensin II upregulates Kv1.5 expression through ROS-dependent transforming growth factor-beta1 and extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 signalings in neonatal rat atrial myocytesGuihua Lu
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China Key Laboratory on Assisted Circulation, Ministry of Health, Guangzhou 510080, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 454:410-416. 2014..5 expression. In neonatal rat atrial myocytes, quantitative PCR and Western blotting revealed that Ang II upregulated TGF-β1, synapse-associated ..
- Beta-Adrenoceptor Stimulation Reveals Ca2+ Waves and Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Ca2+ Depletion in Left Ventricular Cardiomyocytes from Post-Infarction Rats with and without Heart FailureMani Sadredini
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Oslo University Hospital and University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 11:e0153887. 2016..if both of these aspects of altered Ca2+ homeostasis could be found in left ventricular cardiomyocytes from rats with different states of cardiac function six weeks after myocardial infarction when compared to sham-operated ..
- Rho kinase mediates right ventricular systolic dysfunction in rats with chronic neonatal pulmonary hypertensionKiranjot Gosal
1 Physiology and Experimental Medicine Program, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, Toronto
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 52:717-27. 2015..In juvenile rats, RV systolic dysfunction secondary to chronic hypoxia is rescued by systemic treatment with a Rho kinase (ROCK) ..
- Arterial Remodeling in B-Type Natriuretic Peptide Knock-Out FemalesSara J Holditch
Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Sci Rep 6:25623. 2016..We assessed the cardiovascular consequences of BNP deletion in genetically null (Nppb-/-) female rat lines...
- Protective effects of recombinant human growth hormone on cirrhotic ratsShuang Chen
Department of General Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2894-7. 2004To investigate the effects and molecular mechanisms of recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH) on protecting liver function and alleviating portal hypertension of liver cirrhotic rats.
- Effect of high plant sterol-enriched diet and cholesterol absorption inhibitor, SCH 58235, on plant sterol absorption and plasma concentrations in hypercholesterolemic wild-type Kyoto ratsAshok K Batta
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ NJ Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Metabolism 54:38-48. 2005..58235 (a derivative of ezetimibe), 30 mg/kg per day, known to suppress intestinal cholesterol absorption, on plasma, tissue, biliary, and fecal sterols in Wistar and wild-type Kyoto (WKY) rats, and their metabolism by intestinal bacteria.
- Role of histamine in rodent antinociceptionP Malmberg Aiello
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 111:1269-79. 1994..which are able to alter brain histamine levels on the nociceptive threshold were investigated in mice and rats by means of tests inducing three different kinds of noxious stimuli: mechanical (paw pressure), chemical (abdominal ..
- Disruption of spindle checkpoint function ahead of facilitation of cell proliferation by repeated administration of hepatocarcinogens in ratsMasayuki Kimura
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
J Toxicol Sci 40:855-71. 2015..Thus, rats were repeatedly administered with hepatocarcinogens (methapyrilene, carbadox and thioacetamide), a marginal ..
- Involvement of capsaicin-sensitive neurones in the haemodynamic effects of exogenous vasoactive peptides: studies in conscious, adult Long Evans rats treated neonatally with capsaicinH Bachelard
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 105:202-10. 1992..01 or 0.1 nmol) and calcitonin gene-related peptide (0.05 or 0.5 nmol) were assessed in conscious, adult Long Evans rats that had been treated neonatally with either capsaicin (50 mg kg-1, s.c.) or vehicle. 2...
- Influence of subacute treatment of some plant growth regulators on serum marker enzymes and erythrocyte and tissue antioxidant defense and lipid peroxidation in ratsIsmail Celik
Department of Biology, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Yuzuncu Yil University, 65080 Van, Turkey
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 20:174-82. 2006..GST), and catalase (CAT)), and lipid peroxidation content (malondialdehyde = MDA) in various tissues of rats. 50 and 100 ppm of PGRs as drinking water were administered orally to rats (Sprague-Dawley albino) ad libitum for ..
- The MAPK signaling pathway mediates the GPR91-dependent release of VEGF from RGC-5 cellsJianyan Hu
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai 200233, P R China
Int J Mol Med 36:130-8. 2015..In our previous study, we demonstrated that succinate levels were elevated in the retinas of diabetic rats and that the knockdown of the succinate receptor, G-protein-coupled receptor 91 (GPR91), inhibited the release of ..
- [Research on the influence of diammonium glycyrrhizinate on the expression of NF-kappaB and neuron apoptosis after spinal cord ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats]Bingrui Liu
Department of Clinical Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Ningxia Medical University, Yinchuan Ningxia 750004, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1466-9. 2008To investigate the influence of diammonium glycyrrhizinate (DG) on the expression of NF-kappaB and neuron apoptosis after spinal cord ischemia-reperfusion injury in rats.
- [Cardioprotection of recombinant human erythropoietin pretreatment on ischemia-reperfused hearts and mechanism thereof: experiment with rats]Xiao ming Liu
Department of Anesthesiology, Xinhua Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2463-7. 2007..To study the cardioprotective effects of recombinant human erythropoietin (rhEPO) on heart with ischemia-reperfusion (I-R) injury and the possible mechanism...
- Effect of D-004, a lipid extract from the Cuban royal palm fruit, on atypical prostate hyperplasia induced by phenylephrine in ratsM L Arruzazabala
Center of Natural Products, National Center for Scientific Research, Havana City, Cuba
Drugs R D 7:233-41. 2006..for 14 days has been shown to prevent testosterone- but not dihydrotestosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia in rats. D-004 (125-250 microg/mL) added to preparations of rat vas deferens caused a marked, dose-dependent and ..
- Induced hyperthermia exacerbates neurologic neuronal histologic damage after asphyxial cardiac arrest in ratsRobert W Hickey
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2583, USA
Crit Care Med 31:531-5. 2003..We have previously reported in a rat model of asphyxial cardiac arrest that active warming, to prevent spontaneous hypothermia, worsens brain injury.
- Effects of Fluoride on the Expression of Beclin1 and mTOR in AmeloblastsShuang Lei
Department of Preventive Dentistry, School of Stomatology, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Cells Tissues Organs 200:405-12. 2015..Additionally, immunohistochemical analysis was performed on paraffin-embedded rat incisor sections to identify the expression of Beclin1 and mTOR proteins in vitro...
- Antiosteoporotic Effects of Huangqi Sanxian Decoction in Cultured Rat Osteoblasts by Proteomic Characterization of the Target and MechanismChong Chong Guo
Department of Pharmacy, Guangdong Medical College, No 1, Xincheng Dadao, Songshan Lake Science and Technology Industry Park, Dongguan 523808, China
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015:514063. 2015..We found that HQSXD-treated rat serum significantly enhanced osteoblast proliferation, differentiation, and mineralization...
- Mitochondrial ribosomal protein S18-2 evokes chromosomal instability and transforms primary rat skin fibroblastsSuhas D Darekar
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology MTC, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Oncotarget 6:21016-28. 2015..that overexpression of the human mitochondrial ribosomal protein MRPS18-2 (S18-2) led to immortalization of primary rat embryonic fibroblasts...
- Thyroid hormone status and pituitary function in adult rats given oral doses of perfluorooctanesulfonate (PFOS)Shu Ching Chang
Medical Department, 3M Company, St Paul, MN 55144, United States
Toxicology 243:330-9. 2008..Although these animals (rats, mice and monkeys) might have maintained an euthyroid state, the basis for hypothyroxinemia remained unclear...
- Histone Lysine Methylation in TGF-β1 Mediated p21 Gene Expression in Rat Mesangial CellsQiaoyan Guo
Department of Nephrology, 2nd Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun 130041, China
Biomed Res Int 2016:6927234. 2016..of both histone H3 lysine 4 and lysine 9 methylations (H3K4me/H3K9me) in TGF-β1 induced p21 gene expression in rat mesangial cells (RMCs)...
- [Effects of phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitor on the mucin secretion in airway stimulated with acrolein: experiment with rats]Xun Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Diseases, Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:2988-93. 2008..To examine the effects of YM976, a phosphodiesterase (PDE)4 inhibitor, on mucin hypersecretion of airway stimulated with acrolein...
- Obligatory roles for follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), estradiol and androgens in the induction of small polyfollicular ovarian cysts in hypophysectomized immature ratsKatryna Bogovich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Building 28, First Floor, Columbia, SC 29209, USA
Endocrine 31:179-92. 2007Immature hypophysectomized (HYPOXD) rats develop large, polyfollicular ovarian cysts in response to unabated, combined stimulation by subovulatory doses of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and highly purified ovine follicle-stimulating ..
- Hemin, a heme oxygenase-1 inducer, improves aortic endothelial dysfunction in insulin resistant ratsYong song Chen
Department of Endocrinology, First Affiliated Hospital, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, Guangdong 515041, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:241-7. 2008..This study aimed to investigate the effects of HO-1 on vascular function of thoracic aorta in IR rats and demonstrate the probable mechanisms of HO-1 against endothelial dysfunction in IR states.
- [Relationship between expression of angiopoietin-2 and retinal vascular development in hyperoxic rats]Wen ying Liang
Department of Neonatology, Women and Children Health Care and Medical Center in Luoyang, Luoyang 471000, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 47:204-8. 2009..model of retinopathy was established to investigate the expression of ang-2 in the retinae of model rats with retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and explore the expression relationship between ang-2 in the retinae and ..
- Naltrexone effects on male sexual behavior, corticosterone, and testosterone in stressed male ratsS Retana-Marquez
Department of Biology of Reproduction, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, San Rafael Atlixco 186, Mexico City C P 09340, Mexico
Physiol Behav 96:333-42. 2009..on male sexual behavior, corticosterone, and testosterone in both stressed sexually experienced and naive male rats. Sexually experienced adult male rats were assigned to one of the following groups (n=10 each): 1) control group, ..
- Evidence that the atypical 5-HT3 receptor ligand, [3H]-BRL46470, labels additional 5-HT3 binding sites compared to [3H]-granisetronL J Steward
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston
Br J Pharmacol 116:1781-8. 1995..compared to the well characterized 5-HT3 receptor radioligand [3H]-granisetron, in tissue homogenates prepared from rat cerebral cortex/hippocampus, rat ileum, NG108-15 cells, HEK-5-HT3As cells and human putamen. 2...
- Reproductive toxicity of exemestane, an antitumoral aromatase inactivator, in rats and rabbitsD Beltrame
Pharmacia and Upjohn, Worldwide Toxicology, 20014, Nerviano, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 15:195-213. 2001..The reproductive and developmental toxicity of exemestane was assessed in rats and rabbits with oral administration...
- Effects of omega-conotoxin GVIA on autonomic neuroeffector transmission in various tissuesA De Luca
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 101:437-47. 1990..2. Contractions elicited by field stimulation of noradrenergic nerves in rat and mouse anococcygeus muscles, rabbit ear artery and rat vas deferens (epididymal portion) were inhibited by ..
- Carcinogenicity of inhaled butadiene diepoxide in female B6C3F1 mice and Sprague-Dawley ratsR F Henderson
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185 5890, USA
Toxicol Sci 52:33-44. 1999Previous studies suggest that the greater sensitivity of mice, compared to rats, to the carcinogenicity of 1,3-butadiene (BD) is linked to higher rates of BD metabolism to butadiene diepoxide (BDO2) by mice than rats...
- The WAG/Rij strain: a genetic animal model of absence epilepsy with comorbidity of depression [corrected]Karine Sarkisova
Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Butlerov Str 5a, Moscow 117485, Russia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:854-76. 2011..The review provides evidence that WAG/Rij rats can be regarded as a valid genetic animal model of absence epilepsy with comorbidity of depression...
- Monocytic Tissue Transglutaminase in a Rat Model for Reversible Acute Rejection and Chronic Renal Allograft InjuryAnna Zakrzewicz
Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, Laboratory of Experimental Surgery, Justus Liebig University Giessen, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Mediators Inflamm 2015:429653. 2015..We focus on leukocytes accumulating in blood vessels of rat renal allografts (Fischer-344 to Lewis), an established model for reversible acute rejection and CAI...
- Effects of high calcium diet on arterial smooth muscle function and electrolyte balance in mineralocorticoid-salt hypertensive ratsP Arvola
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Tampere, Finland
Br J Pharmacol 108:948-58. 1993..and arterial smooth muscle responses were studied in one-kidney deoxycorticosterone (DOC)-NaCl hypertensive Wistar rats. 2...
- [Influence of microtubule depolymerization of myocardial cells on mitochondria distribution and energy metabolism in adult rats]Yong ming Dang
Institute of Burn Research, Southwest Hospital, State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burns and Combined Injury, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 26:18-22. 2010To investigate the influence of microtubule depolymerization of myocardial cells on distribution and activity of mitochondria, and energy metabolism of cells in adult rats.
- Evidence for a functional alpha 1A- (alpha 1C-) adrenoceptor mediating contraction of the rat epididymal vas deferens and an alpha 1B-adrenoceptor mediating contraction of the rat spleenR P Burt
Department of Pharmacology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 115:467-75. 19951. The alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtype mediating contraction of the rat epididymal vas deferens and rat spleen has been investigated by use of alpha 1-adrenoceptor antagonists that have shown selectivity between the different cloned ..
- Naloxone excites oxytocin neurones in the supraoptic nucleus of lactating rats after chronic morphine treatmentR J Bicknell
Department of Neuroendocrinology, AFRC Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics Research, Babraham, Cambridge
J Physiol 396:297-317. 19881. Lactating rats were implanted with a cannula in a lateral cerebral ventricle to deliver morphine (up to 50 micrograms/h) chronically from a subcutaneous osmotically driven mini-pump...
- Pulmonary responses of mice, rats, and hamsters to subchronic inhalation of ultrafine titanium dioxide particlesEdilberto Bermudez
CIIT Centers for Health Research, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 77:347-57. 2004..Female rats, mice, and hamsters were exposed to aerosol concentrations of 0.5, 2...
- Artocarpus communis forst. Root-bark aqueous extract- and streptozotocin-induced ultrastructural and metabolic changes in hepatic tissues of wistar ratsStephen O Adewole
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med 4:397-410. 2007..communis root-bark aqueous extract (ACE) in Wistar rats. The ultrastructural, morphological and metabolic effects of ACE have been compared with those induced by ..
- Acquisition of nicotine discrimination and discriminative stimulus effects of nicotine in rats chronically exposed to caffeineM Gasior
Preclinical Pharmacology Laboratory, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 288:1053-73. 1999..doses) and 2) the pharmacological characteristics of the established nicotine discrimination in male Sprague-Dawley rats. Once rats learned to lever-press reliably under a fixed ratio of 10 schedule for food pellets, they were randomly ..
- The selective guanylate cyclase inhibitor ODQ reduces multiple organ injury in rodent models of Gram-positive and Gram-negative shockK Zacharowski
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ, United Kingdom
Crit Care Med 29:1599-608. 2001..bacterium Staphylococcus aureus, synergize to cause shock and multiple organ dysfunction syndrome in the rat. Here we investigate the effects of a selective guanylate cyclase inhibitor, 1H-(1,2,4)oxadiazole(4,3-alpha)..
- Omeprazole and misoprostol for preventing gastric mucosa effects caused by indomethacin and celecoxib in ratsMíriam Elias Cavallini
Methodist University Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 21:168-76. 2006To evaluate and to compare macro and microscopically the intense injuries of the gastric mucosa of rats which were caused by NSAIDS celecoxib and indomethacin and the gastric cytoprotection with omeprazole and misoprostol.
- [Protective effects of ketamine on allergen-induced airway inflammatory injure and high airway reactivity in asthma: experiment with rats]Min min Zhu
Nanjing Medical University, First Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1308-13. 2007..To observe the effects of ketamine on bronchial hyperresponsiveness and airway inflammation in equal asthma...
- Improvement in neurological outcome and abolition of cerebrovascular endothelin B and 5-hydroxytryptamine 1B receptor upregulation through mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1/2 inhibition after subarachnoid hemorrhage in ratsCarl Christian Larsen
Departments of Neurosurgery, Glostrup University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
J Neurosurg 114:1143-53. 2011..The aim in the present study was to determine whether treatment with the MEK1/2 inhibitor U0126 can prevent cerebrovascular receptor upregulation and improve functional outcome after experimental SAH in rats.
- Change and role of heme oxygenase-1 in injured lungs following limb ischemia/reperfusion in ratsJun Lin Zhou
Department of Orthopaedics, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100020, China
Chin J Traumatol 7:131-7. 2004To study the change and role of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) in injured lungs following limb ischemia/reperfusion in rats.
- Effect of endothelin receptor antagonist on parathyroid gland growth, PTH values and cell proliferation in azotemic ratsAquiles Jara
Department of Nephrology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Lira 85, Santiago, Chile
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:917-23. 2006..parathyroid cell proliferation, parathyroid gland hyperplasia and parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels in normal rats on a calcium deficient diet...
- Investigation of the microcirculation and the state of oxidative stress in the rat after scorpion envenomationZ Sahnoun
Laboratory of Pharmacologie, Faculty of Medicine, Sfax, Tunisia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:263-8. 2007..the present study, we tried to explain the pathophysiology of the haemodynamic perturbations and cardiac failure in rats poisoned by the venom of Buthus occitanus tunetanus through a histomorphometric study of myocardial and muscular ..
- Effectiveness of mefloquine against Clonorchis sinensis in rats and Paragonimus westermani in dogsShu Hua Xiao
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Center for Disease, Control and Prevention, Key Laboratory of Parasite and Vector Biology, MOH, WHO Collaborating Centre for Malaria, Schistosomiasis, and Filariasis, Shanghai, 200025, PR China
Parasitol Res 107:1391-7. 2010..For anti-C. sinensis study, a total of 71 rats were divided into four batches for oral infection of each rat with 50 C. sinensis metacercariae...
- Sparstolonin B suppresses rat vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation, migration, inflammatory response and lipid accumulationQing Liu
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC 29209, United States Guangdong Provincial Hospital of Chinese Medicine, The Second Clinical School of Medicine, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou 510405, China
Vascul Pharmacol 67:59-66. 2015..Along with the previously reported anti-inflammatory activities of SsnB on macrophages and vascular endothelial cells, our data strongly suggest that SsnB may be developed as a new anti-atherogenic therapy. ..
- Sequence of events in the glomerular capillary wall at the onset of proteinuria in passive Heymann nephritisY Fujigaki
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Japan
Virchows Arch 438:136-45. 2001..PHN was induced in intact Munich-Wistar rats (PHN-rats, examined at days 3, 5, and 7) and in complement-depleted rats (CVF treated, PHN-CVF-rats, examined at ..
- Consistent and fast inhibition of colon carcinogenesis by polyethylene glycol in mice and rats given various carcinogensD E Corpet
Sécurité des Aliments, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Toulouse, France
Cancer Res 60:3160-4. 2000..To determine the consistency of this preventive effect, we carried out a long-term study in rats fed the standard American Institute of Nutrition 1976 diet, and 7 short-term prevention studies in rodents...
- Neuroprotective Effects of β-Asarone Against 6-Hydroxy Dopamine-Induced Parkinsonism via JNK/Bcl-2/Beclin-1 PathwaySheng Zhang
The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou, 510405, China
Mol Neurobiol 53:83-94. 2016..tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), and α-synuclein (α-syn) were investigated in 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA) induced rats. Furthermore, the JNK/Bcl-2/Beclin-1 autophagy pathway was also studied...
- The Neuroprotective Effect of Tetramethylpyrazine Against Contusive Spinal Cord Injury by Activating PGC-1α in RatsJianzhong Hu
Department of Spine Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Neurochem Res 40:1393-401. 2015..Adult male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly divided into Sham, normal saline (NS) and TMP groups...
- Intra-articular injection of synthetic microRNA-210 accelerates avascular meniscal healing in rat medial meniscal injured modelYoshitaka Kawanishi
Arthritis Res Ther 16:488. 2014..This study aimed to investigate the effect of intra-articular injection of synthetic miR-210 on the injured meniscus in the avascular zone...
- Subchronic toxicity of ethylene glycol in Wistar and F-344 rats related to metabolism and clearance of metabolitesGeorge Cruzan
ToxWorks, 1153 Roadstown Road, Bridgeton, New Jersey 08302, USA
Toxicol Sci 81:502-11. 2004..Numerous repeated dose studies conducted in rats have indicated that male rats are more susceptible than female rats...
- Proliferative lesions of ovarian granulosa cells and reversible hormonal changes induced in rats by a selective estrogen receptor modulatorG G Long
Toxicology and Drug Disposition, Lilly Research Laboratories, Greenfield, IN, 46140, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:719-26. 2001..a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), on ovarian morphology and circulating hormone levels in rats. Female Fischer-344 rats (65/group) were given dietary raloxifene for 6 months at average daily doses of 0, 15, 75, ..
- Proliferative lesions of ovarian granulosa cells and reversible hormonal changes induced in rats by a selective estrogen receptor modulatorG G Long
Toxicology and Drug Disposition, Lilly Research Laboratories, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, Greenfield, IN 46140, USA
Toxicol Pathol 29:403-10. 2001..raloxifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), on ovarian morphology and circulating hormone levels in rats. Female Fischer-344 rats (65/group) were given dietary raloxifene for 6 months at average daily doses of 0, 15, 75, ..
- [Long-term effects of neonatal recurrent seizures on gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor alpha1 and gamma2 subunit expressions in the rat brain]Tao Bo
Department of Pediatrics, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central Southern University, Changsha 410011, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 38:628-33. 2006..GABA(A)R) alpha1 and gamma2 subunit expressions in adult rat brain, and discuss the relationship between these alterations of GABA(A)R subunits in mature brain and the changes of spatial memory and seizure susceptibility in adult rats.
- Oncogene expression on the syngeneic beta-cells of long-term surviving pancreatic grafts and better effects of interleukin-1 receptor (IL-1R) and IL-2Rbeta on the grafted beta-cells in LEW/Sea strain ratsTadako Nakatsuji
Department of Transfusion, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Transpl Immunol 11:49-56. 2003Thirty-two normal LEW/Sea rats were transplanted a piece of syngeneic pancreas between the peritoneum and abdominal muscle...
- Pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution, and metabolism of 17-(dimethylaminoethylamino)-17-demethoxygeldanamycin (NSC 707545) in CD2F1 mice and Fischer 344 ratsMerrill J Egorin
Molecular Therapeutics Drug Discovery Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, PA 15213, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 49:7-19. 2002..Studies were performed in mice and rats to: (1) define the plasma pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution, and urinary excretion of 17DMAG after i.v...
- Dosimetry considerations in the enhanced sensitivity of male Wistar rats to chronic ethylene glycol-induced nephrotoxicityR A Corley
Biological Monitoring and Modeling, Battelle Pacific Northwest Division, 902 Battelle Boulevard, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:165-78. 2008Male Wistar rats have been shown to be the most sensitive sex, strain and species to ethylene glycol-induced nephrotoxicity in subchronic studies...
- A comparative study of functional 5-HT4 receptors in human colon, rat oesophagus and rat ileumP G McLean
School of Pharmaceutical Pharmacology, Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University, Parkville, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 115:47-56. 1995..5-HT4 receptor agonists, DAU 6236 and SC 53116 and the 5-HT4 receptor antagonist, GR 1130808, were studied in the rat oesophagus, rat ileum and human colon. 2...
- Rat proteinase-activated receptor-2 (PAR-2): cDNA sequence and activity of receptor-derived peptides in gastric and vascular tissueM Saifeddine
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, AB Canada
Br J Pharmacol 118:521-30. 1996..2 (PAR-2)-derived peptides, SLIGRL (PP6) SLIGRL-NH2 (PP6-NH2) and SLIGR-NH2 (PP5-NH2) were measured in mouse and rat gastric longitudinal muscle (LM) tissue and in a rat aortic ring preparation and the actions of the PAR-2-derived ..
- Effect of arsenic trioxide on rat hepatocellular carcinoma and its renal cytotoxityShao Shan Wang
Department of Surgery of Dagang Hospital 300270, Tianjin, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:930-5. 2003To study the effect of arsenic trioxide (As(2)O(3)) on rat experimental hepatocellular carcinoma and its renal cytotoxicity.
- Alterations in retinal rod outer segment fatty acids and light-damage susceptibility in P23H ratsIna Rea Bicknell
Petticrew Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Wright State University, Cox Institute, Dayton, OH 45429, USA
Mol Vis 8:333-40. 2002To determine whether dietary-induced alterations in the long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid content of retinal rod outer segments (ROS) of P23H rats, a transgenic model of retinitis pigmentosa (RP), prolongs photoreceptor cell life.
- Acceleration by chronic treatment with clorgyline of the turnover of brain alpha 2-adrenoceptors in normotensive but not in spontaneously hypertensive ratsC Ribas
Department of Fundamental Biology and Health Sciences, University of the Balearic Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 110:99-106. 1993..2-adrenoceptors in the cerebral cortex of normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) and spontaneously hypertensive (SHR) rats, and its modulation during chronic treatment with the monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor, clorgyline. 2...
- Formaldehyde exposure inhibits the expression of mammalian target of rapamycin in rat testisJing Fang
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, First Affiliated Hospital, Medical School, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China Department of Pathology, Medical School, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases, Ministry of Education, Xi an, China
Toxicol Ind Health . 2015..In summary, our data suggested that mTOR molecule might be involved in male reproductive injuries induced by FA exposure...
- [Comparison of doxycycline, losartan, and their combination in the prevention of post-infarction remodeling in rats]Yue jin Yang
Department of Coronary Heart Disease, Fuwai Hospital, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100037, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 27:479-85. 2005To compare the effects of doxycycline, losartan, and their combination in the prevention of left ventricular remodeling (LVRM) after acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in rats.
- Age-related difference in myocardial function and inflammation in a rat model of myocardial ischemia-reperfusionPeitan Liu
Department of Cell Biology, School of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2 Medical Center Drive, Stratford, NJ 08084, USA
Cardiovasc Res 56:443-53. 2002..However, there is very little information in the literature regarding age-related changes in myocardial function and inflammation during myocardial ischemia-reperfusion (MI/R) in vivo...
- F1FO ATP Synthase Is Expressed at the Surface of Embryonic Rat Heart-Derived H9c2 Cells and Is Affected by Cardiac-Like DifferentiationMarina Comelli
Department of Medical and Biological Sciences and MATI Centre of Excellence, University of Udine, P le Kolbe 4, Udine, 33100, Italy
J Cell Biochem 117:470-82. 2016Taking advantage from the peculiar features of the embryonic rat heart-derived myoblast cell line H9c2, the present study is the first to provide evidence for the expression of F1FO ATP synthase and of ATPase Inhibitory Factor 1 (IF1) on ..
- Effects of ceftriaxone on GLT1 isoforms, xCT and associated signaling pathways in P rats exposed to ethanolP S S Rao
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toledo, Health Science Campus, 3000 Arlington Avenue, HEB282G, Toledo, OH, 43614, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 232:2333-42. 2015..Glial glutamate transporter 1 (GLT1) is one of them that regulates the majority of extracellular glutamate concentration. In addition, cystine/glutamate antiporter (xCT) is another transporter that regulates extracellular glutamate...
- Expression of the spinal 5-HT7 receptor and p-ERK pathway in the carrageenan inflammatory pain of ratsSoo Young Cho
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School and Hospital, Gwangju, Korea
Korean J Anesthesiol 68:170-4. 2015..While lesioning suppresses the activation of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) of the spinal cord in the formalin model, its role in the carrageenan model has not been reported...
- Increased expression of HIF2α during iron deficiency-associated megakaryocytic differentiationK Jimenez
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Thromb Haemost 13:1113-27. 2015..We previously demonstrated that this occurs alongside enhanced megakaryopoiesis in iron-deficient rats, without alterations in the megakaryopoietic growth factors thrombopoietin, interleukin-6, or interleukin-11.
- Epithelial cell lines of the cotton rat (Sigmodon hispidus) are highly susceptible in vitro models to zoonotic Bunya-, Rhabdo-, and FlavivirusesLukas Ehlen
Institute of Virology, University of Bonn Medical Centre, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127, Bonn, Germany
Virol J 13:74. 2016..Furthermore, wild cotton rats are associated with a large variety of known or potentially zoonotic pathogens.
- Glucose transporter 5 (GLUT5)-like immunoreactivity is localized in subsets of neurons and glia in the rat brainAkiko Kojo
Division of Medical Nutrition, Faculty of Healthcare, Tokyo Healthcare University, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 154 8568, Japan
J Chem Neuroanat 74:55-70. 2016..at examining the distribution of glucose transporter 5 (GLUT5), which preferentially transports fructose, in the rat brain by immunohistochemistry and Western blotting. Small immunoreactive puncta (less than 0...
- Phytochemical Characteristics of Seeds and Its Effects on the Intestinal Motility and Toxicity of Joannesia princepsAdriano Cressoni Araújo
1 Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Marilia, Marilia, Brazil
J Med Food 19:68-72. 2016..the aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of using seeds of this plant on intestinal motility of Wistar rats, evaluate the effects and acute toxicity of its management, as well as determine its phytochemical profile...
- A structural basis for enhancement of long-term associative memory in single dendritic spines regulated by PKCJarin Hongpaisan
Blanchette Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19571-6. 2007..measurements, we analyzed single dendritic spines of CA1 pyramidal cells in the hippocampi of water maze-trained rats vs. controls...
- A correlative study between 99mTc-ESTCPTA and 99mTc-MIBI in ratsPerihan Unak
Department of Nuclear Applications, Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Ege University, Turkey
Appl Radiat Isot 57:733-42. 2002..CPTA), was compared to 99mTc-MIBI (methoxyisobutyl isonitrile) in female Albino Wistar rats. Tissues of interest included lung, liver, heart, kidneys, spleen, stomach, intestines, pancreas, muscle, blood, ..
- Angiotensin II receptor blocker inhibits abnormal accumulation of advanced glycation end products and retinal damage in a rat model of type 2 diabetesTetsuya Sugiyama
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Medical College, Daigaku machi 2 7, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
Exp Eye Res 85:406-12. 2007..endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and retinal function were investigated in Spontaneously Diabetic Torii (SDT) rats. Candesartan, an ARB, was administered to SDT rats from 10 to 44 weeks of age and the results compared with ..
- Silibinin modulates caudal-type homeobox transcription factor (CDX2), an intestine specific tumor suppressor to abrogate colon cancer in experimental ratsN Sangeetha
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu, India School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA University, Thirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 34:56-64. 2015..transcription factor (CDX2) an intestine specific tumor suppressor gene and its downstream targets in the colon of rats challenged with 1,2 dimethyl hydrazine (DMH). Rats of groups 1 and 2 were treated as control and silibinin control...
- Clinical significance of cathepsin L and cathepsin B in dilated cardiomyopathySiddharth Mehra
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Room No 3009, New Delhi, 110029, India
Mol Cell Biochem . 2017..Cardiac tissue sections from doxo-treated and control rats were used to study the expression of CTSL and CTSB by enzyme assay and immunohistochemistry (IHC)...
Research Grants154 found, 100 shown here
- Neurobiological basis of Depression as a Comorbidity in EpilepsyAndrey M Mazarati; Fiscal Year: 2010..To induce TLE, two weeks-old Wistar rats will be subjected to LiCl and pilocarpine status epilepticus (SE)...
- Emotional learning-induced changes of neuronal representations in the hippocampalAlmira Vazdarjanova; Fiscal Year: 2010..inactivating the BLA before contextual fear conditioning results in high overlap in CA3 and CA1, similar to that of rats that have explored the context twice, but have not received footshock in it...
- Ethanol's Influence on Neural Mechanisms of NavigationRobert Stackman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Previous behavioral studies have shown that acute ethanol disrupts spatial memory in rats and mice. In contrast, acute ethanol has minimal effects on the spatial firing of hippocampal neurons (place cells)...
- THERAPEUTIC MOTOR TRAINING AND FETAL ALCOHOL EFFECTSWilliam T Greenough; Fiscal Year: 2010..for post-weaning cytogenesis in adolescence and young adulthood is present, even enhanced, in the motor cortex of rats given binge-like alcohol exposure during the neonatal period of rapid brain growth, compared to unexposed controls...
- GABA-B Receptor Modulation of Calcium CurrentsMichelle Mynlieff; Fiscal Year: 2010..is that L-type current is facilitated in response to GABAB receptor activation in the neonatal neurons of the rat hippocampus...
- Juvenile trophic factors for the prevention and treatment of hippocampal agingJan Krzysztof Blusztajn; Fiscal Year: 2010..This cholinergic innervations develops during the first two postnatal weeks in rats and mice but its function declines in aging brain...
- The role of the circadian clock in encoding seasonal variations in day lengthJULIE SUZANNE PENDERGAST; Fiscal Year: 2010..current proposal will investigate role of the isolated SCN in encoding day length in photoperiodic Perl reporter rats generated by crossing the photoperiodic Fischer 344 (F344) strain with transgenic Per1::luciferase (Per1::luc) rats ..
- Na/Bicarbonate Cotransporters in BrainMARK OLIVER BEVENSEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..a-H exchangers (NHEs)) in cult ured astroc)'tes and neurons from rat hippocampus (Aim I). Int racellular P I P ~ levels will be altered in cells by di rect perfusion...
- Pro-inflammatory glucocorticoid effects in the CNSRobert M Sapolsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..In all experiments, intact rats will be exposed to either LPS, a bacteria-derived molecule which stimulates a robust inflammatory response, or a ..
- Anti-Aging Mitochondrial Protein Therapy for Alzheimer?s Disease and SarcopeniaJAMES PEPPER BENNETT; Fiscal Year: 2010..pre- clinical Investigational New Drug (IND)studies for the FDA/CDER (Center for Drug Evaluation and Research): (i) Rat CNS (Irwin study), respiratory, dose range finding, and repeat dose 1 month;(ii) Dog cardiovascular, dose range ..
- Broadly Neuroprotective Drug for TBIFernando Gomez Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2010..of a broad-spectrum drug for TBI and to determine its potential mechanisms using fluid percussion injury model in rats. We have a comprehensive approach to evaluate the ability of CNB-001 to restore synaptic plasticity and energy ..
- Functional Activity Mapping of Brain NetworksCarol A Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2010..exhibited by the hippocampus influences the neocortical layers to which the hippocampus projects in young and aged rats. We expect that the outcome of the proposed project will have an important impact on our understanding of the ..
- Role of Metallothioneins in Isoflurane-Preconditioning of neurons in vitro.Adam C Hall; Fiscal Year: 2010..work from my lab identified metallothionein I + II genes (MT-I + II) as among those significantly regulated in rat liver, kidney and heart following a 2% isoflurane exposure in vivo (Edmands et al., 2005)...
- Food(cassava) cyanogen exposure and motor neuron degenerationDANIEL DESIRE TSHALA KATUMBAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..and assess changes in selected indicators of protein misfolding in brain/spinal cord tissues of young Wistar rats kept on SAA-deficient diets and treated with linamarin, NaOCN (positive control) or equivalent amount of 5% glucose ..
- Resveratrol for Enriching Neurogenesis &Memory in the AgedAshok K Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2011..1, we will quantify the efficacy of long-term (28 days) administration of different doses of Resveratrol in aged rats for stimulating the proliferation of NSCs and increasing the extent of hippocampal neurogenesis...
- Gene Expression in Hippocampal Circuits of Bipolars and SchizophrenicsFrancine M Benes; Fiscal Year: 2011..the amygdala will also be used to evaluate whether genes showing overlapping changes in BDs, SZs and PICRO-treated rats may be related to amygdalar activation of the HIPP...
- Age effects on grid cell and scene recognition systems of entorhinal cortexJAMES PERCY LISTER; Fiscal Year: 2011..Young (6 months) and old (24 months) rats will run on a fixed track in the same room for two sessions...
- Postnatal SSRI treatment: effects on serotonergic projections and gene expressionNeil Allen Gray; Fiscal Year: 2012..the postnatal period has been shown to produce opposing alterations in the emotional behavior of adult mice and rats. It has therefore been hypothesized that alterations of serotonin signaling during a developmental critical period ..
- Gender Differences in the Neural Circuitry of AddictionCatherine S Woolley; Fiscal Year: 2011..a combination of light and electron microscopy, western blotting, and whole-cell patch camp electrophysiology in rats to investigate whether and how chronic cocaine-induced changes in the dendritic arbor of nucleus accumbens neurons ..
- Neuroprotective strategies in seizure-induced damageJANA VELISKOVA; Fiscal Year: 2011..This protection occurs only in female but not in male rats. Preliminary studies have shown that neuroprotection is associated with increased late phase inhibition in the ..
- Neurobiological Correlates of Stress and Norepinephrine TransporterMeng Yang Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Similar results are also found in rats and cultured cells, which were treated with or exposed to stress-relevant doses of corticosterone...
- Nicotinic receptors: Role in hippocampal synaptic functionEdson X Albuquerque; Fiscal Year: 2012..Reduced activity of these nAChRs impairs cognition in rats and mice, and has been proposed to contribute to the cognitive deficits observed in patients with schizophrenia and ..
- Tacrine Effects on Cocaine Self-Administration and Pharmacokinetic MeasuresKENNETH W GRASING; Fiscal Year: 2012..Pretreatment with tacrine can produce long-lasting reductions in cocaine-reinforced behavior in rats, described as persistent attenuation (cocaine self-administration is decreased by more than 80% over a period of ..
- Prefrontal-Amygdala Interactions in Fear ConditioningGregory J Quirk; Fiscal Year: 2012..this grant show that the infralimbic prefrontal cortex (IL) plays a key role in the consolidation of extinction in rats. Neurons in IL exhibit NMDA receptor-dependent bursting immediately after extinction, and this bursting is ..
- GLUCOREGULATORY HORMONE INTERACTIONS IN DIABETESROBERT STANLEY SHERWIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will also examine the mechanisms for improved cognitive performance in rats after long-term exposure to recurrent hypoglycemia using MR spectroscopy as well as genomic and proteomic analyses...
- Interaction of Estrogen and AMPK in the HypothalamusJessica Healy; Fiscal Year: 2012..Activation of AMPK results in an increase in food intake. Ovariectomized female rats (lacking estradiol) become obese and have increased expression of hypothalamic pAMPK;however, the mechanism by ..
- GABA-A Receptor Pharmacology of Neural Coding in Hippocampal Place CellsTARA MONIQUE STEWART; Fiscal Year: 2012..is aimed at understanding the network mechanisms that accompany place field representations in adult and ASMI rats that may be modulated via pharmacological and genetic methods to enhance cognitive performance...
- Neural Grafts and Injury-Induced Hippocampal DysfunctionAshok K Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2010..video-electroencephalographic (video-EEC), and learning and memory analyses in young adult F344 rats undergoing intraperitoneal kainic acid induced acute seizures and hippocampal injury, a model of temporal lobe ..
- The Role of Local BDNF Synthesis in Spine MorphogenesisLAUREN LYNN OREFICE; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this assay, actin-GFP-labeled spines of cultured rat hippocampal neurons form during the first 2 weeks, mature during weeks 3 and 4, and are pruned during week 4...
- Robert S Fujinami; Fiscal Year: 2016..Previous animal models have infected rabbits, rats and mice with different viruses...
- John F Disterhoft; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have recently shown that the learning-related AHP reduction in young adult rats is mediated in part by protein kinase A (PKA) activity, known to activate CREB and subsequent gene transcription/..
- Paula C Bickford; Fiscal Year: 2014..inflammation in the cerebellum by infusing TNF1 disrupts cerebellar synaptic plasticity (motor learning) in young rats while blocking TNF1 in aged rats modestly improves motor learning...
- PCB Disruption of Thyroid Hormone Action during DevelopmentROBERT THOMAS ZOELLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific metabolites will be tested for their ability to bind to rat and human TR11 and TR21 isoforms...
- Adolescent Alcohol,Dysregulated Stress System, and PTSD VulnerabilityGERHARD H SCHULTEIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Specific Aim 1, young adult male Wistar rats will be exposed to one of several conditions of social defeat stress (Nondefeat Control, 3x, 6x, or 9x defeat ..
- Hal Blumenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2016..In support of this, we recently found in a rat model that spontaneous and induced limbic seizures exhibit high frequency discharges in the hippocampus, but slow 1-..
- William J McBride; Fiscal Year: 2016..effects of EtOH within the limbic system, selected experiments will be conducted with alcohol-preferring (P) rats and stock Wistar rats...
- Susan M Lunte; Fiscal Year: 2015..Three experimental models of epilepsy will be used in Wistar rats. The first two models use 3-mercaptopropionic acid (3-MPA) to chemically induce seizures in a controlled manner...
- JOSEPH D WALCH; Fiscal Year: 2014..role of renin-angiotensin system in supporting the chronic activation of vasopressin neurons in bile duct ligated rats. 2: Test the hypothesis that increased expression of ?FosB produces cellular adaptations that contribute to ..
- Gregory J Morton; Fiscal Year: 2016..suggests that induction of hyperleptinemia fully ameliorates hyperglycemia in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats and our recent findings implicate the brain in this effect...
- KENICHIRO HAYASHIDA; Fiscal Year: 2014..locus coeruleus (LC) neurons via glutamatergic signaling and that the anti-hypersensitivity effects of GBP in rats with peripheral nerve injury relies on this activation and subsequent spinal NA release...
- Opposing Effects of Chronic Stress on Amygdala and HippocampusKi Ann Goosens; Fiscal Year: 2013..cutting-edge molecular methods (viral-mediated gene transfer) with immunohistochemical and behavioral techniques in rats to further examine this hypothesis and explore two mechanisms by which opposing effects may occur...
- Scott M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2016..The effects of 5-HT1B receptor activation on TA-CA1 synaptic transmission are enhanced in rats subjected to chronic unpredictable stress (CUS), an accepted animal model of depression, and blocked by chronic ..
- Thomas A Blanpied; Fiscal Year: 2016..In cultured neurons from rat hippocampus, we will use quantitative fluorescence microscopy along with patch-clamp electrophysiology, photolysis, ..
- Michael K Georgieff; Fiscal Year: 2015..We propose to perform studies in iron deficient anemic rat pups and 2 genetic mouse models of ID...
- Robert W Wiseman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Data will be obtained from male Wistar rats (normoglycemic) and the Goto Kakizaki rat model of T2D (hyperglycemic) to identify functional differences between ..
- Kechen Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..In rats, one particular kind of oscillation referred to as "theta rhythm" is very predominant in the hippocampus and ..
- Andrey M Mazarati; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will employ a model of chronic epilepsy that develops in male Wistar rats following pilocarpine - induced status epilepticus (SE)...
- Youssef Sari; Fiscal Year: 2015..we tested the hypothesis that increased GLT1 function would attenuate EtOH consumption in alcohol-preferring rats (P rats)...
- Role of Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Obesity-Related Endothelial DysfunctionCHRISTOPHER GENTILE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 will examine if a high saturated fat diet induces ER stress in the vasculature of male Wistar rats, and if so, whether this ER stress mediates endothelial dysfunction that results from such a diet...
- MeCP2 regulation on LINE-1 retrotransposition in neuronsCharles A Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2013..gametogenesis and in neoplastic processes, but recent studies have shown L1s are extremely active in the mouse, rat, and human neuronal progenitor cells (NPCs)...
- Interaction of BPA and soy isoflavones on sociosexual behaviorHeather B Patisaul; Fiscal Year: 2013..data from this laboratory reveal that many of these adverse behavioral effects do not manifest in Wistar rats maintained on a soy-rich diet, suggesting that soy isoflavones, such as genistein (GEN) have potentially ..
- JEROME NONE ENGEL; Fiscal Year: 2016..We now have acquired evidence from several chronic rat models of human mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (MTLE), and from patients with MTLE, suggesting that pHFOs are ..
- LORI LYNN MCMAHON; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- E Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2014..Icariin, a flavonoid from Epimedium, 1) blocks the effects of corticosteroid-induced apoptosis in primary cultured rat hippocampal neurons, 2) is neuroprotective in animal models of ischemia, 3) improves memory in animal models of ..
- Virginia Gao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Blocking glycogenolysis in the rat hippocampus impairs memory...
- Olivier Thibault; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific Aim # 1 will study F344 male rats fed a normal diet and determine, at 7-8 and 18-20 months of age, which component of metabolic dysregulation most ..
- Jill M Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2016..receptors, ER[unreadable], or both on the ability of short-term estradiol exposure in middle-aged ovariectomized rats to exert lasting impacts on ER[unreadable] target genes and associated proteins in the hippocampus and on ..
- Estradiol and Hippocampal DevelopmentMargaret M McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this proposal is to explore the novel observation of higher rates of cell genesis in the neonatal male rat hippocampus compared to the female, and an increase in cell genesis by exogenous estradiol treatment...
- Daniel Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2016..the HCN1 subunit for h channels in dorsal hippocampus produces anti-depression and anti-anxiety like behaviors in rats. From the clinical literature there appears to be a strong co-morbidity for depression and anxiety in epilepsy...
- DAVID NATHANIEL LINSENBARDT; Fiscal Year: 2015..effects in a rat population genetically predisposed to excessive alcohol consumption (Indiana alcohol preferring P rats) and in a rat population with average genetic susceptibility to excessive alcohol consumption (Wistar rats)...
- SYNAPTIC SUBSTRATES OF AGE-DEPENDENT MEMORY DEFICITSJohn F Disterhoft; Fiscal Year: 2013..The basic strategy of the proposed research is to diagnose aged rats as either impaired or unimpaired using two hippocampus-dependent tasks, and then examine the morphology, receptor ..
- Neural Control of Vasopressin ReleaseJ Thomas Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2013..in NMDA receptor function contribute to changes in the osmotic and non-osmotic regulation of vasopressin neurons in rats with experimental induced hepatic cirrhosis...
- Mice Humanized with Hepatocytes and iPS Cells from Patients with Metabolic DiseasStephen C Strom; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mice (and rats) are particularly poor models for studying liver fibrosis and cirrhosis, common features of many human liver ..
- Xenoestrogen regulation of Leydig cellsBENSON TOKUNBO AKINGBEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Male offspring will be analyzed for Leydig cell proliferation in prepubertal and pubertal rats. In addition, the number of Leydig cells will be enumerated by stereology in the adult testis at 90 days of age...
- The gastric X/A-like (ghrelin) cell: A peripheral regulator of food intakeNILS WG LAMBRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2012..circulation: a) 24 h food deprivation compared to ad libitum feeding and b) acute inflammation compared to healthy rats (peritoneal injection of gram-negative bacteriallipopolysaccharides at non-toxic doses)...
- Cardiotrophin-Like Cytokine 1, a Candidate Molecule for the FSGS FactorVirginia J Savin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Intravenous injection of this fraction causes proteinuria in rats. We have recently used state-of-the-art proteomics techniques to study the proteins in the active plasma fraction ..
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural crest stem cells and Hirschsprung diseaSean J Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..Disease/therapy</keyword;keyword>Rats</keyword;keyword>Recovery of Function</keyword;keyword>Seizures/prevention &control</keyword;..
- Pilot and definitive studies to evaluate Insertional MutagenesisLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..during FY 2006: RNA isolation for Toxicogenomic Variability Study: RNA is being isolated from sentinel Fischer 344 rats of varying ages from two different laboratories to determine the variability of Differential Gene Expression (DGE) ..
- Studies to Evaluate the Toxicological Potential of Test ArticlesLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..during FY 2006: RNA isolation for Toxicogenomic Variability Study: RNA is being isolated from sentinel Fischer 344 rats of varying ages from two different laboratories to determine the variability of Differential Gene Expression (DGE) ..
- Mapping for Specialized Domains for FCeRI Signaling &InternalizationBridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results in the rat basophilic leukemia (RBL-2H3) cell line will be confirmed in BMMCs...
- Noreen F Rossi; Fiscal Year: 2016..assess whether exercise training will decrease arterial pressure and contralateral RSNA in 2K-1C (or sham-clipped) rats via inhibition of afferent nerve inputs from the clipped kidney;(2) We will evaluate whether exercise training ..
- Anti-Inflammatory Glycosaminoglycan Ethers for Treatment of PeriodontitisJUSTIN RODNEY SAVAGE; Fiscal Year: 2011..gingivalis-infected, streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat. GlycoMira works with a world-class team of practicing periodontists on experimental models for preclinical data ..
- Ang II and Aldosterone Effects on Insulin Resistance in Cardiovascular TissueJAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ang II, aldosterone, or both, before measuring metabolic and functional responses to insulin in primary cultured rat endothelial, vascular smooth muscle and cardiomyocyte cells...
- SAMY LEWIZ HABIB; Fiscal Year: 2016..Eker rats harboring mutations in TSC2 develop spontaneous renal tumors at a very high incidence...
- Haifei Shi; Fiscal Year: 2015..The effect of BDNF on food intake and energy expenditure has never been thoroughly examined in female rats. Our preliminary data revealed gender-specific effects of central BDNF on food intake and energy expenditure...
- Surgical amelioration of type 2 diabetes: Hormones, microbiota and mitochondriaPETER J contact HAVEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are proposing the following Specific Aims: 1: To test the hypothesis that IT surgery in pre-diabetic UCD-T2DM rats delays the onset of T2DM by influencing the production, secretion, and signaling of GI hormones (GLP-1, PYY, and ..
- Leptin function &resistance in midbrain VTA &SN in reward eating &obesityYI NONE ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three Specific Aims will be carried out in male Sprague Dawley (SD) rats. Aim 1 will address if leptin action in the VTA and in the ARC works in concert to curtail HF consumption and deter ..
- ROBERT MARK WIGHTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Measurements will be made in the freely moving rats during intracranial self-stimulation while monitoring oxygen and biogenic amine neurotransmitters. 4...
- PHILIP LEE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..the main discovery was that a hypothalamic orexin system plays a critical role panic vulnerability in an accepted rat model of panic disorder and that central orexin levels are elevated in patients with panic disorder...
- The Role of Estradiol and Sex in the Effects of Ghrelin on Meal Patterns and Fos-PETER BUTERA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Hormonal effects on these processes are particularly striking in female rats, which show large increases in food intake and body weight after ovariectomy (Wade, 1975)...
- Barry E Levin; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have selectively bred rats which rapidly develop diet-induced obesity (DIO) when the caloric density of their diets is increased...
- Multi-targeted Countermeasures against Acute and Delayed Effects of OP ExposureJohn A Butera; Fiscal Year: 2013..benzamide, has been shown to be neuroprotective against soman-induced seizure-related brain damage in the rat. It has been recently suggested that the inherent multiple-pathway complexity of OP-induced long-term neuropathy ..
- Hypothalamic SIRT1 and Energy BalanceEduardo A Nillni; Fiscal Year: 2013..To this purpose we will investigate the following hypotheses: 1. Food intake of DIO rats is sensitive to inhibition of hypothalamic Sirt1. 2...
- Prevention of Acute Lung Injury by IL-6 activated STAT3Ana Moran; Fiscal Year: 2010..Increased Stat3 activity was observed in the lungs of IL-6-treated vs. placebo-treated T/HS rats;pharmacological inhibition of Stat3 using G-quartet oligodeoxynucleotide (GQ-ODN) T40214 developed by our group ..
- BEHAVIORAL PHYSIOLOGY OF BODY WEIGHT REGULATIONDIANNE FIGLEWICZ LATTEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..sucrose-seeking;2) the effect of high fat diet experience on sucrose self-administration in pre- and post-pubertal rats;and 3) the CNS sites activated in response to sucrose self-administration and modulation of this activation by ..
- Novel Mitochondrial Mechanisms of Ethanol-Induced Cardiac Injury in Aged FemalesDONNA HOPE KORZICK; Fiscal Year: 2010..in Langendorff-perfused hearts following global I/R in adult and aged ovary-intact and gonadectomized female rats;respiration studies will be performed in isolated mitochondria...
- Hepatic Steatosis Modulation by Apo B Gene TranscriptionJANET DEHOFF SPARKS; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have shown that dietary betaine in rats enhances hepatic apolipoprotein (apo) B synthesis through increased apob gene transcription which favors hepatic TG ..
- Bingmei M Fu; Fiscal Year: 2014..MCF-10A), and malignant (AU-565) breast epithelial cells in straight and curved/stretched microvessels on rat mesentery under known bulk flow rates and a) under conditions of normal and increased permeability by VEGF, b) ..
- Gamma-Synuclein-Mediated Regulation of Norepinephrine TransporterAnita Sidhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..We show here that -Syn can also regulate these NET activities. Such modulation by -Syn is unique to NET. In a rat model of depression, there is overexpression of -Syn, causing NET function and trafficking to be dysregulated and ..
- CRF-Oxytocin Interaction in the Regulation of Stress and AffectJoanna Dabrowska; Fiscal Year: 2013..and how activation of CRFR2 and OTR in the BNST impact affective behavior in control and chronically stressed rats? Four analytical approaches will be used to directly address these questions: SA1) adenoviral-based neuronal ..
- Sharon M Moe; Fiscal Year: 2014..on the prevention and treatment of the bone and cardiovascular abnormalities of CKD-MBD by treating CKD and normal rats with zoledronic acid at early and late time points and determine the effect of serum measures of mineral ..
- Christie P Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2014..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Infusing an anti-VEGF antibody or a soluble VEGF receptor antagonist, sFlt1, in rats and mice lead to the development of severe proteinuria and hypertension accompanied by glomerular endotheliosis...
- Marguerite Hatch; Fiscal Year: 2016..Several key pieces of information have emerged from our studies of intestinal oxalate transport in rats and mice have provided the direction for the studies proposed here...
- LEAH CATHERINE SOLBERG WOODS; Fiscal Year: 2014..My laboratory has successfully used a unique genetic resource, heterogeneous stock (HS) rats, to fine- map multiple metabolic traits within a single region on rat chromosome one...
- Papasani V Subbaiah; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will next compare the in vivo incorporation profiles of dietary CLA in mice and rats, since these two animal species respond very differently to CLA, especially with regard to insulin resistance and ..
- SAMI FOUAD NOUJAIM; Fiscal Year: 2014..1/Kir3.4 in neonatal rat atrial myocytes, possibly through a direct interaction with the carboxyl terminus acidic cluster of Kir3...
- Namita Roy-Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific aim 2 is (a) Transplanting the iHeps into the liver of Gunn rats following appropriate host preparation, and evaluating the metabolic effect of the transplantation...
- Gastric bypass surgery alters the regulation of food rewardAndras Hajnal; Fiscal Year: 2013..how GBS, in contrast to dieting, influences the rewarding effects of palatable food in the brains of dietary obese rats. Information concerning essential changes in motivated behavior and underlying neural substrates produced by GBS ..
- JUSTIN RODNEY SAVAGE; Fiscal Year: 2015..gingivalis-infected rats. Finally, and most importantly, it inhibits alveolar bone loss when administered parenterally in a diabetic P...
- Vickram Ramkumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..interfering (si) RNAs into the cochlea reduced damage to OHCs and attenuated cisplatin-induced hearing loss in rat. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 (STAT1) plays a primary role in coupling ROS to inflammation ..
- Tengis S Pavlov; Fiscal Year: 2014..Dahl salt-sensitive (SS) rats used in this proposal develop severe hypertension on high-salt diet...
Patents327 found, 100 shown here
- Method for knock-in of DNA in a targeted mammal genome region and cellPatent Number: WO2016080399-A; Date:2016-05-26
- A composition including D-allose to down-regulate GLUT1 expression in cancer cellsPatent Number: WO2016152293-A; Date:2016-09-29
- METHODS FOR TREATING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: JP2016185966-A; Date:2016-10-27
- ANTIBODY SPECIFICALLY BINDING TO GLP-1R AND FUSION PROTEIN THEREOF WITH GLP-1Patent Number: KR1020160055789-A; Date:2016-05-18
- METHODS FOR TREATING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: KR1020160062186-A; Date:2016-06-01
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS OF INHIBITING MASP-1 AND/OR MASP-2 AND/OR MASP-3 FOR THE TREATMENT OF VARIOUS DISEASES AND DISORDERSPatent Number: EP3058951-A1; Date:2016-08-24
- METHODS FOR TREATING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: EP3057993-A1; Date:2016-08-24
- METHODS FOR TREATING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: EP3047858-A1; Date:2016-07-27
- METHOD FOR CONTROLLING THE ACTIVITY OF IMMUNOLOGICALLY FUNCTIONAL MOLECULEPatent Number: EP3031917-A1; Date:2016-06-15
- Agent for treating autoimmune diseasePatent Number: JP2014157014-A; Date:2014-08-28
- COMPOSITIONS FOR INHIBITING MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: JP2014515922-A; Date:2014-07-07
- Neukinase, a Downstream Protein of NeuregulinPatent Number: JP2014221042-A; Date:2014-11-27
- METHOD OF TREATING FATTY LIVER DISEASE WITH HELMINTH-DERIVED GLYCAN-CONTAINING COMPOUNDSPatent Number: JP2014527985-A; Date:2014-10-23
- Method for the Treatment of FibrosisPatent Number: JP2014065747-A; Date:2014-04-17
- Compositions and Methods of Inhibiting MASP-1, MASP-2 and/or MASP-3 for the Treatment of Paroxysmal Nocturnal HemoglobinuriaPatent Number: JP2015514117-A; Date:2015-05-18
- Monoclonal Antibody Against Tissue FactorPatent Number: WO2015115656-A; Date:2015-08-06
- CompoundsPatent Number: JP2015519897-A; Date:2015-07-16
- Ribosomal Polynucleotides and Related Expression SystemsPatent Number: JP2015519899-A; Date:2015-07-16
- Nogo Receptor AntagonistsPatent Number: JP2014221076-A; Date:2014-11-27
- METHODS FOR TREATING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: EP2694108-A2; Date:2014-02-12
- METHODS FOR TREATING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: JP2014512363-A; Date:2014-05-22
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS OF INHIBITING MASP-1, MASP-2 AND/OR MASP-3 FOR TREATMENT OF PAROXYSMAL NOCTURNAL HEMOGLOBINURIAPatent Number: KR1020150003785-A; Date:2015-01-09
- RIBOSOMAL POLYNUCLEOTIDES AND RELATED EXPRESSION SYSTEMSPatent Number: KR1020150016336-A; Date:2015-02-11
- ANTI -TRANSGLUTAMINASE 2 ANTIBODIESPatent Number: KR1020150013340-A; Date:2015-02-04
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS OF INHIBITING MASP-1 AND/OR MASP-2 AND/OR MASP-3 FOR THE TREATMENT OF VARIOUS DISEASES AND DISORDERSPatent Number: KR1020150031298-A; Date:2015-03-23
- Retrovirus Expression Vector Containing Promotor of Rat Growth Hormone GenePatent Number: KR1020150126187-A; Date:2015-11-11
- Novel siRNA suppressing ATF3 gene expression and use thereofPatent Number: KR1020150128044-A; Date:2015-11-18
- Use of REV-ERBalpha for treating dopamine-dependent disordersPatent Number: KR1020150129189-A; Date:2015-11-19
- Use of REV-ERBalpha for treating affective and addictive disordersPatent Number: KR1020150129190-A; Date:2015-11-19
- Binding inhibitor between TCTP dimer type IgE-dependent histamine releasing factor and their receptor and the usePatent Number: KR1020150144297-A; Date:2015-12-24
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS OF INHIBITING MASP-1 AND/OR MASP-2 AND/OR MASP-3 FOR THE TREATMENT OF VARIOUS DISEASES AND DISORDERSPatent Number: EP2861246-A2; Date:2015-04-22
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS OF INHIBTING MASP-1 AND/OR MASP-3 FOR THE TREATMENT OF PAROXYSMAL NOCTURNAL HEMOGLOBINURIAPatent Number: EP2833907-A2; Date:2015-02-11
- METHODS FOR TREATING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: KR1020140009472-A; Date:2014-01-22
- COMPOSITIONS FOR INHIBITING MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: KR1020140006096-A; Date:2014-01-15
- Feedback-resistant mevalonate kinasesPatent Number: JP2007523612-A; Date:2007-08-23
- Glucuronide production with S.cerevisiaePatent Number: JP2012130357-A; Date:2012-07-12
- NOVEL NUCLEIC ACID AND POLYPEPTIDE MOLECULESPatent Number: JP2004524024-A; Date:2004-08-12
- p18A bete rP gene and p18A beta rP protein, and substances (p60TRP) that interact with them to inhibit apoptosis, and substances that promote apoptosisPatent Number: WO2003074701-A; Date:2003-09-12
- Anti-angiogenesis agentPatent Number: JP2003292455-A; Date:2003-10-15
- A Screening MethodPatent Number: JP2004121224-A; Date:2004-04-22
- DNA Encoding A Mammalian Receptor (fb41a) And Uses ThereofPatent Number: JP2003516109-A; Date:2003-05-13
- Compositions Isolated From Skin Cells and Methods for Their UsePatent Number: JP2002543824-A; Date:2002-12-24
- Human G Protein-Coupled Receptor and Modulators Thereof For the Treatment of Cardiovascular DisordersPatent Number: JP2011162567-A; Date:2011-08-25
- Electrically Responsive Promoter SystemPatent Number: JP2004516274-A; Date:2004-06-03
- New protein and its usePatent Number: JP2004147642-A; Date:2004-05-27
- Preventing or treating agent for upper gastrointestinal tractPatent Number: WO2004080485-A; Date:2004-09-23
- Novel Protein and its DNAPatent Number: WO2003074702-A; Date:2003-09-12
- Screening methodPatent Number: JP2004089176-A; Date:2004-03-25
- New transcription factor, DNA and use thereofPatent Number: JP2004089179-A; Date:2004-03-25
- A Screening MethodPatent Number: JP2004340957-A; Date:2004-12-02
- method for screening of EPO producing reagentPatent Number: WO2009044553-A; Date:2009-04-09
- Novel Screening MethodPatent Number: WO2004065960-A; Date:2004-08-05
- Liver-specific organic anion transporter and its gene encodedPatent Number: JP2012139231-A; Date:2012-07-26
- Nogo Receptor AntagonistsPatent Number: JP2013048638-A; Date:2013-03-14
- A blocking monoclonal antibody to the human alpha1 I-domain of VLA-1, and its use for the treatment of inflammatory disordersPatent Number: EP2314315-A1; Date:2011-04-27
- A Novel Ligand For FPRL1 And Its UsePatent Number: JP2005034131-A; Date:2005-02-10
- new protein calphoglin, gene coding the protein, medicine, and target materialPatent Number: JP2005168338-A; Date:2005-06-30
- Re-expression inhibitor of NR2B-NMDA receptorPatent Number: JP2005336081-A; Date:2005-12-08
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR LIGAMENT GROWTH AND REPAIRPatent Number: JP2005533089-A; Date:2005-11-04
- A BLOCKING MONOCLONAL ANTIBODY TO VLA-1 AND ITS USE FOR THE TREATMENT OF INFLAMMATORY DISORDERSPatent Number: JP2007277253-A; Date:2007-10-25
- Novel RFRP-3 And Its DNAPatent Number: JP2003174889-A; Date:2003-06-24
- Standard gene utilized for normalization of gene expression levelsPatent Number: JP2007124983-A; Date:2007-05-24
- Nucleic acid, polypeptide and its and usePatent Number: JP2009534017-A; Date:2009-09-24
- New Protein, DNA and Use thereofPatent Number: WO2003097686-A; Date:2003-11-27
- Method for controlling the activity of immunologically functional moleculePatent Number: EP2264166-A2; Date:2010-12-22
- Preventing or subsiding agents for chemotherapy-induced side effectsPatent Number: JP2006213632-A; Date:2006-08-17
- Screening methodPatent Number: JP2006311852-A; Date:2006-11-16
- Novel Use of EDG ReceptorPatent Number: WO2004052391-A; Date:2004-06-24
- Novel polypeptide, its DNA and use thereofPatent Number: WO2003025179-A; Date:2003-03-27
- Hormone Receptor Composition and MethodPatent Number: JP2003125792-A; Date:2003-05-07
- 3'-UTR nucleotide sequence of a gene encoding synaptic vesicle protein SV2BPatent Number: JP2003204789-A; Date:2003-07-22
- Novel Protein and its DNAPatent Number: WO2003054190-A; Date:2003-07-03
- PROGRESSION SUPPRESSED GENE 13 (PSGen13) AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: JP2004519216-A; Date:2004-07-02
- GPR12Patent Number: JP2003518628-A; Date:2003-06-10
- Determination of a ligandPatent Number: WO2003071272-A; Date:2003-08-28
- Screening assay for the identification of agonists/antagonists of abscisic acidPatent Number: WO2010015646-A1; Date:2010-02-11
- Small and Intermediate Conductance, Calcium-Activated Potassium Channels and Uses ThereofPatent Number: JP2004065264-A; Date:2004-03-04
- A method for inducing differentiation of stem cellsPatent Number: JP2011223993-A; Date:2011-11-10
- NEUROPEPTIDE Q AS MODULATOR OF GPCR GALR2 AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: WO2012042455-A1; Date:2012-04-05
- GankyrinPatent Number: JP2007308475-A; Date:2007-11-29
- Method for inducing plant cell wallPatent Number: JP2009219397-A; Date:2009-10-01
- New peptide and its usePatent Number: WO2003064646-A; Date:2003-08-07
- New transcription factor, DNA and use thereofPatent Number: WO2003074703-A; Date:2003-09-12
- Complement antagonists and uses thereofPatent Number: WO2010005310-A1; Date:2010-01-14
- Novel Apelin Receptor And Its DNAPatent Number: JP2003334083-A; Date:2003-11-25
- An agent for gene therapyPatent Number: JP2004033217-A; Date:2004-02-05
- METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR TREATING NEUROPATHIESPatent Number: JP2012516697-A; Date:2012-07-26
- Method for controlling the activity of immunologically functional moleculePatent Number: EP2275540-A2; Date:2011-01-19
- A Screening MethodPatent Number: WO2004097411-A; Date:2004-11-11
- Modulator of Receptor FunctionPatent Number: JP2005015461-A; Date:2005-01-20
- Surrogate Markers of Neuropathic PainPatent Number: JP2007536913-A; Date:2007-12-20
- Small and Intermediate Conductance, Calcium-Activated Potassium Channels and Uses ThereofPatent Number: JP2006320333-A; Date:2006-11-30
- Drug composition for treatment of urinary tract infectionPatent Number: JP2013075895-A; Date:2013-04-25
- METHODS FOR TREATING DISSEMINATED INTRAVASCULAR COAGULATION BY INHIBITING MASP-2 DEPENDENT COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: EP2488203-A1; Date:2012-08-22
- Use of Disease-Related GenePatent Number: JP2004261172-A; Date:2004-09-24
- Epitope Regions of a Thyrotrophin (TSH) Receptor, Uses Thereof and Antibodies TheretoPatent Number: JP2009278998-A; Date:2009-12-03
- IDENTIFICATION AND CLONING OF A NOVEL HUMAN GENE, RET16, INVOLVED IN THE INTRACELLULAR SIGNALING CASCADEPatent Number: JP2004532619-A; Date:2004-10-28
- CLCA Transgenic AnimalPatent Number: JP2005130748-A; Date:2005-05-26
- THERAPEUTIC METHODS FOR REDUCING FAT DEPOSITION AND TREATING ASSOCIATED CONDITIONSPatent Number: JP2006508642-A; Date:2006-03-16
- Antisense Oligonucleotides For Treating Atopic Disease and Neoplastic Cell ProliferationPatent Number: JP2008517953-A; Date:2008-05-29
- FUNCTION AND USE OF GPR39 GENE IN CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM OF MAMMMALSPatent Number: JP2008536880-A; Date:2008-09-11