Genomes and Genes
Publications326 found, 100 shown here
- Purification of a beta-1,3-glucan recognition protein in the prophenoloxidase activating system from hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx moriM Ochiai
Biochemical Laboratory, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Biol Chem 263:12056-62. 1988..The purified beta-1,3-glucan recognition protein bound to beta-1,3-glucan did not hydrolyze appreciably any of the 26 commercially available peptidyl-7-amino-4-methylcoumarins, substrates for various proteases...
- Involvement of 4E-BP phosphorylation in embryonic development of the silkworm, Bombyx moriShi Hong Gu
Department of Zoology, National Museum of Natural Science, 1 Kuan Chien Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan, ROC
J Insect Physiol 57:978-85. 2011..In the present study, we investigated 4E-BP phosphorylation of Bombyx mori eggs by an immunoblot analysis of a conserved phospho-specific antibody to 4E-BP and demonstrated its role ..
- Cloning and expression pattern of 3-dehydroecdysone 3β-reductase (3DE 3β-reductase) from the silkworm, Bombyx mori LHua Jun Yang
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemic Etiology and Immunological Prevention of Ministry of Agriculture, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 76:55-66. 2011..3β-reductase (3DE 3β-reductase) in the different tissues and the developing stage from the silkworm, Bombyx mori L. The B...
- Release of ecdysteroid-phosphates from egg yolk granules and their dephosphorylation during early embryonic development in silkworm, Bombyx moriRyouichi Yamada
Department of Life and Functional Material Science, Graduate School of Natural Sciences, Konan University, Kobe, Japan
Zoolog Sci 22:187-98. 2005..In the silkworm Bombyx mori, we previously reported the presence of a specific enzyme, called ecdysteroid-phosphate phosphatase (EPPase), ..
- Ecdysteroids during early embryonic development in silkworm Bombyx mori: metabolism and functionsHaruyuki Sonobe
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Konan University, Kobe, Japan
Zoolog Sci 21:503-16. 2004It has been well established that eggs of insects, including those of the silkworm Bombyx mori, contain various molecular species of ecdysteroids in free and conjugated forms. In B...
- Acute toxicity of organophosphorus and pyrethroid insecticides to Bombyx moriZhi Yong Zhang
Department of Entomology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210095, China
J Econ Entomol 101:360-4. 2008..tetramethrin, bifenthrin, and ethofenprox), and their combined uses to the third instar of the silkworm, Bombyx mori (L.), were determined by feeding the insect with the insecticide-treated mulberry, Morus albus (L.), leaves...
- The homeodomain protein PBX participates in JH-related suppressive regulation on the expression of major plasma protein genes in the silkworm, Bombyx moriNaoki Ogawa
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Minamiosawa, Hachioji shi, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 35:217-29. 2005In the silkworm, Bombyx mori, major plasma proteins referred to as 30K proteins are the most abundant proteins in the hemolymph of final (fifth) instar larvae...
- Annotation and expression of carboxylesterases in the silkworm, Bombyx moriQuan You Yu
The Institute of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China
BMC Genomics 10:553. 2009..However, genome-wide characterization of COEs in phytophagous insects and comparative analysis remain to be performed...
- Alternative splicing of the primary transcript generates heterogeneity within the products of the gene for Bombyx mori chitinaseBabiker M A Abdel-Banat
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Biological Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi 753 8515, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:30524-34. 2002The gene of chitinase in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, generates four mRNA products by alternative splicing...
- Structure and expression of the gene encoding a Broad-Complex homolog in the silkworm, Bombyx moriYoshinori Nishita
Laboratory of Gene Function and Regulation, Center for Advanced Science and Technology, Hokkaido University, North 10, West 8, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
Gene 339:161-72. 2004..cDNAs for BR-C (BmBR-C) were isolated from the silkworm Bombyx mori. These genes showed 90.3% and 98...
- Recognition of signal peptide by protein translocation machinery in middle silk gland of silkworm Bombyx moriXiuyang Guo
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biochemistry, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40:38-46. 2008To investigate the functions of signal peptide in protein secretion in the middle silk gland of silkworm Bombyx mori, a series of recombinant Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedroviruses containing enhanced green fluorescent ..
- Silkworm thermal biology: a review of heat shock response, heat shock proteins and heat acclimation in the domesticated silkworm, Bombyx moriH B Manjunatha
Department of Sericulture University of Mysore, Mysore, Karnataka, India
J Insect Sci 10:204. 2010..of HSPs has led to cloning and characterization of genes encoding HSPs in many organisms including the silkworm, Bombyx mori L. (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae). However, most of the past investigations in B...
- Effect of octopamine on the activity of juvenile-hormone esterase in the silkworm Bombyx mori and the red flour beetle Tribolium freemaniA Hirashima
Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, 812 8581, Japan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 116:373-81. 1999This study focuses on the effect of octopamine (OA) on metamorphosis of the silkworm Bombyx mori and the red flour beetle Tribolium freemani Hinton...
- Structural role of tyrosine in Bombyx mori silk fibroin, studied by solid-state NMR and molecular mechanics on a model peptide prepared as silk I and IITetsuo Asakura
Department of Biotechnology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Magn Reson Chem 42:258-66. 2004The influence of the bulky and H-bonding Tyr side-chain on its Ala- and Gly-rich environment in Bombyx mori silk fibroin was examined by (13)C cross-polarization magic angle spinning (CP/MAS), static (2)H and (19)F NMR and molecular ..
- High-titer preparation of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV) displaying recombinant protein in silkworm larvae by size exclusion chromatography and its characterizationTatsuya Kato
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Shizuoka University, 836 Ohya, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
BMC Biotechnol 9:55. 2009..In this study, we tried to produce and purify the recombinant Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (rBmNPV-hPRR) that displayed human (pro)renin receptor (hPRR) connected with FLAG ..
- Characterisation of a desmosterol reductase involved in phytosterol dealkylation in the silkworm, Bombyx moriLeonora F Ciufo
Institute of Integrative Biology, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e21316. 2011..We now report the molecular characterisation in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, of such a desmosterol reductase involved in production of cholesterol from phytosterol, rather than in de ..
- Characterization of baculovirus repeated open reading frames (bro) in Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirusW Kang
Laboratory of Molecular Entomology, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Wako, Japan
J Virol 73:10339-45. 1999The baculovirus Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV) contains five related open reading frames (ORFs)...
- The ecdysone regulatory cascade and ovarian development in lepidopteran insects: insights from the silkmoth paradigmLuc Swevers
Institute of Biology, National Centre for Scientific Research Demokritos, Aghia Paraskevi Attikis, 153 10 Athens, Greece
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:1285-97. 2003The developing ovariole of the silkmoth Bombyx mori represents an excellent model for studies on the changes that occur in gene expression during the execution of long-term developmental programs...
- Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus encodes a DNA-binding protein capable of destabilizing duplex DNAV S Mikhailov
N K Koltzov Institute of Developmental Biology, Moscow, Russia
J Virol 72:3107-16. 1998..DBP) with an apparent molecular mass of 38 kDa was purified to homogeneity from BmN cells (derived from Bombyx mori) infected with the B. mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV)...
- The orphan nuclear receptor BmHR3A of Bombyx mori: hormonal control, ovarian expression and functional propertiesT Eystathioy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W, Calgary, AB T2N 4N1, Canada
Mech Dev 103:107-15. 2001Ovarian development in the domesticated silkmoth, Bombyx mori, is induced by the molting hormone 20-hydroxy-ecdysone (20E) shortly after larval-pupal ecdysis...
- Regulation of glutamine metabolism during the development of Bombyx mori larvaeChikara Hirayama
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ohwashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8634, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1571:131-7. 2002..e. through glutamine synthetase/glutamate synthase pathway) for silk synthesis in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, in the last larval stadium...
- Fertilized eggs obtained from transplantation of frozen ovaries and parthenogenesis in combination with artificial insemination of frozen semen of the silkworm, Bombyx moriYuji Mochida
Institute of Sericulture, 1053 Iikura, Ami Machi, 300 0324, Ibarakiken, Japan
Cryobiology 46:153-60. 2003A reliable method is reported for the long-term preservation of ovaries and spermatozoa of the silkworm (Bombyx mori). Three studies are presented...
- Identification and characterization of an arginine kinase as a major allergen from silkworm (Bombyx mori) larvaeZhigang Liu
Institute of Allergy and Immunology, School of Medicine, Shenzhen University, Shenzhen 518060, China
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 150:8-14. 2009The silkworm, Bombyx mori, is an important insect in the textile industry and its pupa are used in Chinese cuisine and traditional Chinese medicine...
- Purification and characterization of Bombyx mori chitinasesD Koga
Department of Biological Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 27:757-67. 1997Two isozymes of chitinase (EC 184.108.40.206) were purified from the fifth-instar larvae of Bombyx mori by chromatography on DEAE-Cellulofine A-500, hydroxylapatite, Butyl-Toyopearl 650M, and Fractogel EMD DEAE 650 (M)...
- Ca(2+) as second messenger in PTTH-stimulated prothoracic glands of the silkworm, Bombyx moriHeiner Birkenbeil
Sächsische Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Leipzig AG Neurohormonale Wirkungsmechanismen, Erbert Str 1, PF 100322, 07703, Jena, Germany
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 32:1625-34. 2002Measurements of Ca(2+) influx and [Ca(2+)](i) changes in Fura-2/AM-loaded prothoracic glands (PGs) of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, were used to identify Ca(2+) as the actual second messenger of the prothoracicotropic hormone (PTTH) of this ..
- Characterization of a novel C-type lectin, Bombyx mori multibinding protein, from the B. mori hemolymph: mechanism of wide-range microorganism recognition and role in immunityAyako Watanabe
Graduate School of Bio Applications and Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Naka cho 2 24 16, Koganei, Tokyo 185 8588, Japan
J Immunol 177:4594-604. 2006..the system used by insects to recognize invading microorganisms, we examined proteins from the larval hemolymph of Bombyx mori that bind to the cell surface of microorganisms...
- Extensive conserved synteny of genes between the karyotypes of Manduca sexta and Bombyx mori revealed by BAC-FISH mappingYuji Yasukochi
Insect Genome Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e7465. 2009....
- Beta-fructofuranosidase genes of the silkworm, Bombyx mori: insights into enzymatic adaptation of B. mori to toxic alkaloids in mulberry latexTakaaki Daimon
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:15271-9. 2008..Although these compounds do not harm the silkworm, Bombyx mori, a mulberry specialist, they are highly toxic to insects that do not normally feed on mulberry leaves...
- Developmental profile of the changes in the prothoracicotropic hormone titer in hemolymph of the silkworm Bombyx mori: correlation with ecdysteroid secretionA Mizoguchi
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa ku, 464 8602, Nagoya, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:349-58. 2001A very sensitive time-resolved fluoroimmunoassay for the prothoracicotropic hormone (PTTH) of the silkworm Bombyx mori has been established. The lower limit of detection in this assay was 0.1 pg...
- Multiple gene copies for bombyxin, an insulin-related peptide of the silkmoth Bombyx mori: structural signs for gene rearrangement and duplication responsible for generation of multiple molecular forms of bombyxinH Kondo
Department of Biology, School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
J Mol Biol 259:926-37. 1996Thirty-eight genes that encode bombyxin, the insulin-related brain secretory peptide of the silkmoth Bombyx mori, have been cloned and characterized...
- Functional and pharmacological characterization of a beta-adrenergic-like octopamine receptor from the silkworm Bombyx moriXi Chen
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue, Shimane 690 8504, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:476-86. 2010A cDNA encoding a seven-transmembrane receptor was cloned from the nervous tissues of silkworm (Bombyx mori) larvae...
- Lipid transfer particle catalyzes transfer of carotenoids between lipophorins of Bombyx moriK Tsuchida
Division of Radiological Protection and Biology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 28:927-34. 1998The yellow color of Bombyx mori hemolymph is due to the presence of carotenoids, which are primarily associated with lipophorin particles. Carotenoids were extracted from high density lipophorin (HDLp) of B. mori and analyzed by HPLC...
- A digestive beta-glucosidase from the silkworm, Bombyx mori: cDNA cloning, expression and enzymatic characterizationGyeong Min Byeon
College of Natural Resources and Life Science, Dong A University, Busan 604 714, Korea
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 141:418-27. 2005A digestive beta-glucosidase cDNA was cloned from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. The B. mori beta-glucosidase cDNA contains an open reading frame of 1473 bp encoding 491 amino acid residues. The B...
- Identification and characteristics of microRNAs from Bombyx moriPing An He
Institute of Biochemistry, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Hangzhou 310018, PR China
BMC Genomics 9:248. 2008..Of the 355 Arthropod miRNAs that have been identified, only 21 are B. mori miRNAs that were predicted computationally; of these, only let-7 has been confirmed by Northern blotting...
- Possible implications of serine and tyrosine residues and intermolecular interactions on the appearance of silk I structure of Bombyx mori silk fibroin-derived synthetic peptides: high-resolution 13C cross-polarization/magic-angle spinning NMR studyTetsuo Asakura
Department of Biotechnology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Biomacromolecules 6:468-74. 2005b>Bombyx mori silk fibroin molecule is known to exist in two distinct structural forms: silk I (unprocessed silk fibroin) and silk II (processed silk fibroin)...
- Surface ultrastructural studies on the germination, penetration and conidial development of Aspergillus flavus Link:Fries infecting silkworm, Bombyx mori LinnVineet Kumar
Electron Microscopy Division, Central Sericultural Research and Training Institute, Mysore 570 008, India
Mycopathologia 157:127-35. 2004Aspergillosis is a common disease of the silkworm Bombyx mori Linn., caused by an insect mycopathogen Aspergillus flavus Link:Fries. The present study reveals the germination, penetration and conidial development of A...
- Specific expression of GFPuv-beta1,3-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase 2 fusion protein in fat body of Bombyx mori silkworm larvae using signal peptideTatsuya Kato
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Shizuoka University, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 359:543-8. 2007Bombyxin (bx) and prophenoloxidase-activating enzyme (ppae) signal peptides from Bombyx mori, their modified signal peptides, and synthetic signal peptides were investigated for the secretion of GFP(uv)-beta1,3-N-..
- Morphological changes and patterns of ecdysone receptor B1 immunolocalization in the anterior silk gland undergoing programmed cell death in the silkworm, Bombyx moriEbru Goncu
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Ege University, Bornova, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Acta Histochem 111:25-34. 2009..the stage specific programmed cell death of the anterior silk glands during metamorphosis in the silkworm, Bombyx mori...
- Evidence of selection at melanin synthesis pathway loci during silkworm domesticationHong Song Yu
The Key Sericultural Laboratory of Agricultural Ministry, Southwest University, Chongqing, China
Mol Biol Evol 28:1785-99. 2011The domesticated silkworm (Bombyx mori) was domesticated from wild silkworm (Bombyx mandarina) more than 5,000 years ago. During domestication, body color between B. mandarina and B. mori changed dramatically...
- Cloning of cDNAs encoding sorbitol dehydrogenase-2a and b, enzymatic characterization, and up-regulated expression of the genes in Bombyx mori diapause eggs exposed to 5 °CRaquel O Rubio
Laboratory of Sericulture and Entomoresources, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 41:378-87. 2011We previously cloned a cDNA for sorbitol dehydrogenase (SDH1) from Bombyx mori. In the present study we cloned two additional cDNAs encoding SDHs (designated as SDH2a and SDH2b)...
- Variations of hydrogen peroxide and catalase expression in Bombyx eggs during diapause initiation and terminationYang Hu Sima
Department of Life Science, Soochow University, Suzhou, PR China
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 77:72-80. 2011For diapause eggs of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, diapause initiation is prevented with hydrochloric acid (HCl) at around 20 h post-oviposition while diapause status is terminated with chilling around 5°C...
- Toxicological assessment of pollen from different bt rice lines on Bombyx mori (Lepidoptera: Bombyxidae)Hong Wei Yao
State Key Laboratory of Rice Biology, Institute of Insect Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Environ Entomol 37:825-37. 2008The relative toxicity of Bt rice pollen to domestic silkworm, Bombyx mori Linnaeus (Lepidoptera: Bombycidae), was assessed by a leaf-dip bioassay under laboratory conditions...
- Purification and characterization of Bombyx cysteine proteinase specific inhibitors from the hemolymph of Bombyx moriY Yamamoto
Department of Biochemistry and Radiation Biology, College of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 42:119-29. 1999Protein inhibitors capable of inhibiting BCP (Bombyx cysteine proteinase) were found in the larval-pupal hemolymph of Bombyx mori...
- Inhibition of cAMP signalling cascade-mediated Ca2+ influx by a prothoracicostatic peptide (Mas-MIP I) via dihydropyridine-sensitive Ca2+ channels in the prothoracic glands of the silkworm, Bombyx moriS G Dedos
Saxon Academy of Sciences at Leipzig, AG Prof Dr H Penzlin, Erbertstr 1, PF 100322, 07703 Jena, Germany
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:219-28. 2003Measurements of Ca(2+) influx in Fura-2/AM loaded prothoracic glands (PGs) of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, after application of forskolin or the cAMP analogue, 8-bromo-cAMP, showed a steady increase in [Ca(2+)](i), which was of ..
- [Effect of white spot syndrome virus envelope protein Vp28 expressed in silkworm (Bombyx mori) pupae on disease resistence in Procambarus clarkii]Ke Qiang Wei
The Key Laboratory of Molecular Animal Nutrition Ministry of Education, Institute of Feed Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029
Shi Yan Sheng Wu Xue Bao 38:190-8. 2005The vaccine made of recombinant envelope protein (rVp28) of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) expressed in silkworm (Bombyx mori) pupae using a baculovirus vector was used to investigate the efficacy of oral administration on WSSV disease ..
- Characterization of the genome structure of Bombyx mori densovirus (China isolate)Yong Jie Wang
Institute of Life Sciences, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, 212013, P R China
Virus Genes 35:103-8. 2007The genome of Bombyx mori densovirus (China isolate), termed as BmDNV-3, is composed of two kinds of different single-stranded linear DNA molecules (VD1 and VD2)...
- Construction of a piggyBac-based enhancer trap system for the analysis of gene function in silkworm Bombyx moriKeiro Uchino
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 38:1165-73. 2008..To construct an enhancer trap system in the silkworm Bombyx mori, we developed efficient jumpstarter strains by inserting the piggyBac transposase gene under the control of ..
- Construction of a binary transgenic gene expression system for recombinant protein production in the middle silk gland of the silkworm Bombyx moriKen Ichiro Tatematsu
Transgenic Silkworm Research Center, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8634, Japan
Transgenic Res 19:473-87. 2010To construct an efficient system for the production of recombinant proteins in silkworm (Bombyx mori), we investigated the promoter activity of the silkworm sericin 1, 2, and 3 genes (Ser1, Ser2, and Ser3) using a GAL4/UAS binary gene ..
- Shotgun proteomic analysis on the embryos of silkworm Bombyx mori at the end of organogenesisJian Ying Li
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, PR China
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:293-302. 2010Embryonic development of silkworm, Bombyx mori is a process of systematical expression of genes and proteins which is dominated by complex regulatory networks...
- Trehalase-2 protein contributes to trehalase activity enhanced by diapause hormone in developing ovaries of the silkworm, Bombyx moriYuhki Kamei
Laboratory of Sericulture and Entomoresources, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Insect Physiol 57:608-13. 2011..in female pupae to induce embryonic diapause immediately after completion of mesoderm segregation of the silkworm, Bombyx mori...
- Identification and functional analysis of Relish homologs in the silkworm, Bombyx moriHiromitsu Tanaka
Innate Immunity Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Owashi 1 2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1769:559-68. 2007Two cDNAs designated BmRelish1 and 2, that encode Relish homologs, were cloned from the silkworm, Bombyx mori...
- Efficient silkworm expression of single-chain variable fragment antibody against ginsenoside Re using Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus bacmid DNA system and its application in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for quality control of total ginsenosidesSeiichi Sakamoto
Department of Pharmacognosy, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biochem 148:335-40. 2010..scFv) antibody against ginsenoside Re (G-Re) have been successfully expressed in the silkworm larvae using Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV) bacmid DNA system...
- Reexamination of properties of prophenoloxidase isolated from larval hemolymph of the silkworm Bombyx moriY Yasuhara
Biochemical Laboratory, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 320:14-23. 1995Prophenoloxidase in hemolymph of the silkworm (Bombyx mori) was purified by the method of Ashida (Ashida, M. (1971) Arch. Biochem. Biophys...
- Purification, characterization and cloning of a chymotrypsin inhibitor (CI-9) from the hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx moriPing Zhao
The Key Sericultural Laboratory of Agricultural Ministry, Southwest University, Chongqing, 400716, China
Protein J 26:349-57. 2007Hemolymph chymotrypsin inhibitor 9 (CI-9) from the hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, was purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation, Butyl Toyopearl hydrophobic chromatography, gel filtration through Sephadex C-50 and chymotrypsin-..
- Regioselective formation of quercetin 5-O-glucoside from orally administered quercetin in the silkworm, Bombyx moriChikara Hirayama
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Phytochemistry 69:1141-9. 2008The cocoons of some races of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, have been shown to contain 5-O-glucosylated flavonoids, which do not occur naturally in the leaves of their host plant, mulberry (Morus alba)...
- A new Bombyx mori larval ovarian cell line highly susceptible to nucleopolyhedrovirusArun M Khurad
Department of Zoology, Nagpur University Campus, Nagpur 440033, India
J Invertebr Pathol 92:59-65. 2006..we report establishment of a new continuous cell line designated as DZNU-Bm-1 from larval ovaries of the silkworm, Bombyx mori...
- Effects of insect viruses and pesticides on glutathione S-transferase activity and gene expression in Bombyx moriZhongzheng Gui
School of Biology and Environmental Engineering, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang 212018, China
J Econ Entomol 102:1591-8. 2009..The silkworm Bombyx mori is an important economic animal for silk production...
- Localization of myoinhibitory peptide immunoreactivity in Manduca sexta and Bombyx mori, with indications that the peptide has a role in molting and ecdysisNorman T Davis
Division of Neurobiology, University of Arizona, Box 210077, Tucson, AZ 85721 0077, USA
J Exp Biol 206:1449-60. 2003..peptide I (MIP I), which has an inhibitory effect on the release of ecdysone by the prothoracic glands of Bombyx mori in vitro...
- Molecular cloning of silkworm (Bombyx mori) antichymotrypsin. A new member of the serpin superfamily of proteins from insectsH Narumi
Department of Food Science and Technology, School of Agriculture, Nagoya University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 214:181-7. 1993The cDNA of silkworm (Bombyx mori) antichymotrypsin (sw-Achy) was cloned from larval fat body and its nucleotide sequence was determined...
- Cloning of biogenic amine receptors from moths (Bombyx mori and Heliothis virescens)E Von Nickisch-Rosenegk
University of Stuttgart Hohenheim, Institute for Zoophysiology, Germany
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 26:817-27. 1996..G-protein-) coupled receptors, cDNA clones encoding new members of the receptor family have been isolated from Bombyx mori and Heliothis virescens...
- G-protein activation, identification and immunolocalization in pheromone-sensitive sensilla trichodea of mothsM Laue
Max Planck Institut für Verhaltensphysiologie, Postfach 1564, D 82305 Seewiesen, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 288:149-58. 1997Electrophysiological in situ recordings from pheromone-sensitive sensilla trichodea of Bombyx mori males with a recording pipette which contained G-protein-activating fluoride, showed receptor cell activity similar to that evoked by ..
- Molecular cloning of a GPI-anchored aminopeptidase N from Bombyx mori midgut: a putative receptor for Bacillus thuringiensis CryIA toxinG Hua
Department of Microbial Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
Gene 214:177-85. 1998An aminopeptidase N (APN) with a molecular weight of 110kDa was released from the midgut membrane of Bombyx mori by phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C (PI-PLC), and purified to a homogeneous state...
- Isolation and characterization of a human alternative complement pathway-inhibiting protein from larval hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx moriY Sekijima
Department of Immunology, Saitama Prefectural University Junior College, 343 8540, Koshigaya, Japan
Dev Comp Immunol 25:89-100. 2001..the alternative complement pathway (ACP) of the human serum, was isolated from larval hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, by using ammonium sulfate fractionation and column chromatographies to homogeneity...
- Modulation of leucine absorption in the larval midgut of Bombyx mori (Lepidoptera, Bombycidae)M G Leonardi
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 129:665-72. 2001In the larval midgut of Bombyx mori a K(+)-dependent transporter for leucine and amino acids with a hydrophobic side chain is responsible for the absorption of most essential amino acids...
- Mannose-specific lectin activity of parasporal proteins from a lepidoptera-specific Bacillus thuringiensis strainNaoya Wasano
Bioresources and Management Lab, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Curr Microbiol 46:43-6. 2003..In contrast, D-mannose did not inhibit the in vivo larvicidal activity of the proteins against the silkworm, Bombyx mori.
- Effects of heavy-ion radiosurgery on the hemopoietic function of the silkworm Bombyx moriZhen Li Tu
Department of Radiation Research for Environment and Resources, Takasaki Radiation Chemistry Research Establishment, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute JAERI, Watanukimachi 1233, Takasaki, Gunma 370 1292, Japan
J Radiat Res 43:269-75. 2002..Thus, it is evident that carbon-ion radiosurgery on hemopoietic organs of silkworm induced not only a quantitative change, but also a qualitative change in the hemocytes...
- Isolation of three main sericin components from the cocoon of the silkworm, Bombyx moriYoko Takasu
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Owashi 1 2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:2715-8. 2002To characterize the sericin components of the cocoon of silkworm Bombyx mori, fresh cocoon shells were dissolved in saturated aqueous lithium thiocyanate containing 2-mercaptoethanol, and fractionated by ethanol precipitation...
- Entomopoxvirus of cotton bollworm, Helicoverpa armigera (Hbn.)K Narayanan
Project Directorate of Biological Control, Hebbal, Bangalore 560 024, India
Indian J Exp Biol 40:842-5. 2002..Further, safety of HaEPV was shown against beneficial insect like mulberry silkworm, Bombyx mori and an useful insect general predator, Chrysoperla carnea.
- Changes in growth and lipid profiles of silk gland, mid-gut biochemical composition of silkworm, Bombyx mori L. on exposure to prostaglandin F2alphaYun Gen Miao
Department of Sericulture, College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 70:331-8. 2003..PGF2alpha) on silk gland growth, mid-gut biochemical constituents and the lipid profiles of silkworm larva, Bombyx mori L. The weight of the posterior silk gland increased significantly (P < 0...
- Cell cycle events during the development of the silk glands in the mulberry silkworm Bombyx moriSangeeta Dhawan
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, 560012 Bangalore, India
Dev Genes Evol 213:435-44. 2003Silk glands of the mulberry silkworm Bombyx mori are long and paired structures originating from the labial region and are anatomically and physiologically divided into three major compartments, the anterior, middle and posterior silk ..
- Use of Sindbis virus-mediated RNA interference to demonstrate a conserved role of Broad-Complex in insect metamorphosisMirka Uhlirova
Department of Molecular Biology, University of South Bohemia and Institute of Entomology, The Czech Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budejovice, 37005 Czech Republic
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:15607-12. 2003..Here we use a recombinant Sindbis virus as a tool to silence BR-C expression in the silkmoth Bombyx mori...
- Molecular markers (RAPD) associated with growth, yield and origin of the silkworm, Bombyx mori L. in IndiaS N Chatterjee
SeriBiotech Laboratory, Central Silk Board, Kodathi Campus, Sarjapur Road, Carmelram, Bangalore 560035, Karnataka, India
Genetika 39:1612-24. 2003To identify the molecular markers associated with growth and yield parameters in silkworm, Bombyx mori, RAPD profiles generated with seven UBC primers for fourteen silkworm stocks, originated from China, Japan, India and Russia, were ..
- Cytochrome P450 CYP307A1/Spook: a regulator for ecdysone synthesis in insectsToshiki Namiki
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Rm 201, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 5 1 5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8562, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:367-74. 2005..To identify genes functioning in the PG of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, we used differential display PCR and focused on a cytochrome P450 gene designated Cyp307a1...
- ERK/MAPK regulates ecdysteroid and sorbitol metabolism for embryonic diapause termination in the silkworm, Bombyx moriYoshihiro Fujiwara
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano 386 8567, Japan
J Insect Physiol 52:569-75. 2006The eggs of the silkworm Bombyx mori undergo a state of suspended overt development and diminished metabolism called "diapause" to escape adverse environmental conditions...
- Construction of a single nucleotide polymorphism linkage map for the silkworm, Bombyx mori, based on bacterial artificial chromosome end sequencesKimiko Yamamoto
Genome Research Department, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Genetics 173:151-61. 2006We have developed a linkage map for the silkworm Bombyx mori based on single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) between strains p50T and C108T initially found on regions corresponding to the end sequences of bacterial artificial chromosome (..
- Molecular characterization of a cDNA encoding extracellular dsRNase and its expression in the silkworm, Bombyx moriYuji Arimatsu
Center for Bioresource Field Science, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Saga Ippongi, Ukyo, Kyoto 616 8354, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:176-83. 2007A double-stranded ribonuclease (Bm-dsRNase) was separated from the digestive juice of the silkworm larvae, Bombyx mori...
- Improved expression of fusion protein using a cysteine- protease- and chitinase-deficient Bombyx mori (silkworm) multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus bacmid in silkworm larvaeEnoch Y Park
Laboratory of Biotechnology, Integrated Bioscience Section, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Shizuoka University, 836 Ohya, Suruga ku, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 49:135-40. 2008A bacmid system of BmMNPV [Bombyx mori (silkworm) multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus] with both the cysteine-protease and chitinase genes deleted (BmMNPV-CP(-)-Chi(-)) was constructed...
- Antioxidant potential of silk protein sericin against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress in skin fibroblastsRupesh Dash
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India 721 302
BMB Rep 41:236-41. 2008..tasar silkworm Antheraea mylitta cocoon has been assessed and compared with that of the mulberry silkworm, Bombyx mori...
- Diagnosis and treatment of Gardner syndrome with gastric polyposis: a case report and review of the literatureGuo Li Gu
Department of General Surgery, the General Hospital of Chinese PLA Air Force, Beijing 100036, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:2121-3. 2008..After operation, the patient took oral traditional Chinese medicine pills made of Fructus mume and Bombyx batryticatu for about 6 mo. The innutrition and anaemia of this patient were gradually improved...
- Production of an insecticidal crystal protein from Bacillus thuringiensis by the methylotroph Methylobacterium extorquensYoung J Choi
Microbial and Enzymatic Technology Group, Bioprocess Sector, Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council of Canada, 6100 Royalmount Ave, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2R2, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5178-82. 2008..In single-dose assays of the recombinant against the silkworm, Bombyx mori, both whole cells and cell lysates caused rapid feeding inhibition followed by mortality...
- Role of multiprotein bridging factor 1 in archaea: bridging the domains?Bart de Koning
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 10, 6703 HB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biochem Soc Trans 37:52-7. 2009..It was originally identified as a mediator of the eukaryotic transcription regulator BmFTZ-F1 (Bombyx mori regulator of fushi tarazu)...
- Genome-wide screening and characterization of transposable elements and their distribution analysis in the silkworm, Bombyx moriMizuko Osanai-Futahashi
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 38:1046-57. 2008..This analysis suggests that Bombyx genome is influenced by numerous amounts and variety of TEs.
- [Construction of recombinant Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus by zero background Tn7 transposition]Lunguang Yao
China United Kingdom Nanyang Normal University Rothamsted Research Joint Laboratory of Insect Biology, Henan Provincial Key Laboratory of Funiu Mountain Insect Biology, Nanyang Normal University, Nanyang 473064, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:831-7. 2009In order to construct a recombinant Bombyx mori Nucleopolyhedrovirus by Tn7-mediated transposition in Escherichia coli efficiently, a new zero background transposition system was developed.
- The silk cocoon of the silkworm, Bombyx mori: macro structure and its influence on transmural diffusion of oxygen and water vaporBonnie Blossman-Myer
University of North Texas, Department of Biological Sciences, Denton, Texas 76203, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 155:259-63. 2010..We tested this hypothesis in pupae of the silkworm, Bombyx mori...
- Apolipophorin-III expression and low density lipophorin formation during embryonic development of the silkworm, Bombyx moriKozo Tsuchida
National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 155:363-70. 2010We examined the expression of apolipophorin-III (apoLp-III) during embryonic development of the silkworm Bombyx mori. ApoLp-III mRNA was first expressed 24h after oviposition, which corresponds to the time of germ band formation...
- [Expression and assembly of rotavirus-like particles in insect cells mediated by recombinant Bombyx mori MultiBac]Hu Long
College of Animal Science, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:1491-5. 2010..To construct recombinant baculoviruses co-expressing three structural genes vp2, vp6 and vp7 of rotavirus, and assemble rotavirus-like particles (VLPs) in BmN cells...
- Comparative proteomic analysis of Bombyx mori hemolymph and fat body after calorie restrictionHuiqing Chen
Institute of Life Sciences, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, P R China
Acta Biochim Pol 57:505-11. 2010..To gain an insight into the effects of CR on growth and development of the silkworm Bombyx mori at protein level, we employed comparative proteomic approach to investigate proteomic differences of ..
- Isolation and identification of a pathogen of silkworm Bombyx moriHeng Ping Tao
College of Biotechnology and Environmental Engineering, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, 212018, China
Curr Microbiol 62:876-83. 2011..0600x). The median lethal concentration (LC(50)) was 2.12 × 10(4) cfu/ml. In conclusion, ST-1 was identified as Ps. chlororaphis subsp. aurantiaca. This is the first report that Ps. aurantiaca is a pathogen for silkworm Bombyx mori.
- Novel genes differentially expressed between posterior and median silk gland identified by SAGE-aided transcriptome analysisCorinne Royer
Unité Nationale Séricicole, INRA, 25 Quai Jean Jacques Rousseau, La Mulatière F 69350, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 41:118-24. 2011Serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) profiles, from posterior and median cells of the silk gland of Bombyx mori, were analyzed and compared, so as to identify their respective distinguishing functions...
- Juvenile hormone synthesis: "esterify then epoxidize" or "epoxidize then esterify"? Insights from the structural characterization of juvenile hormone acid methyltransferaseL A Defelipe
Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires e INQUIMAE CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 41:228-35. 2011..To gain further insight we generated the structures of Anopheles gambiae, Bombyx mori, Drosophila melanogaster and Tribolium castaneum JHAMTs...
- The reverse transcriptase encoded by the non-LTR retrotransposon R2 is as error-prone as that encoded by HIV-1Varuni K Jamburuthugoda
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0211, USA
J Mol Biol 407:661-72. 2011..compare the dNTP concentration requirements and error rates of the RT encoded by the non-LTR retrotransposon R2 of Bombyx mori with the well-characterized RTs of retroviruses...
- Mitochondrial genome nucleotide substitution pattern between domesticated silkmoth, Bombyx mori, and its wild ancestors, Chinese Bombyx mandarina and Japanese Bombyx mandarinaYu Ping Li
College of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Shenyang Agricultural University, Liaoning, Shenyang China
Genet Mol Biol 33:186-9. 2010b>Bombyx mori and Bombyx mandarina are morphologically and physiologically similar. In this study, we compared the nucleotide variations in the complete mitochondrial (mt) genomes between the domesticated silkmoth, B...
- A single sex pheromone receptor determines chemical response specificity of sexual behavior in the silkmoth Bombyx moriTakeshi Sakurai
Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS Genet 7:e1002115. 2011..The silkmoth, Bombyx mori, utilizes the simplest possible pheromone system, in which a single pheromone component, (E, Z)-10,12-..
- Isolation and bioactivities of a non-sericin component from cocoon shell silk sericin of the silkworm Bombyx moriHai Yan Wang
State Engineering Laboratory of Modern Silk, Soochow University, Suzhou, People s Republic of China
Food Funct 3:150-8. 2012The cocoon shell of the silkworm Bombyx mori consists of silk fibroin fiber (70%) surrounded by a sericin layer made up of sericin (25%) and non-sericin (5%) components...
- 20-hydroxyecdysone and juvenile hormone analog prevent precocious metamorphosis in recessive trimolter mutants of Bombyx moriHua Bing Wang
Faculty of Agriculture, Utsunomiya University, 350 Mine, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321 8505, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:102-8. 2012The trimolter mutants of Bombyx mori have four instead of five larval instars of normal tetramolters. Here, we show that the tetramolter was induced in the recessive trimolter European No...
- Female sex pheromone and male behavioral responses of the bombycid moth Trilocha varians: comparison with those of the domesticated silkmoth Bombyx moriTakaaki Daimon
Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8657, Japan
Naturwissenschaften 99:207-15. 2012..are derivatives of (E,Z)-10,12-hexadecadienol (bombykol), the sex pheromone of the domesticated silkmoth Bombyx mori. This finding prompted us to compare the antennal and behavioral responses of T. varians and B...
- Recent progress on synthesis and activities of allosamidin and its analoguesGangliang Huang
College of Chemistry, Chongqing Normal University, China
Mini Rev Med Chem 12:665-70. 2012..It indicated that di-N-acetyl-β-chitobiosyl allosamizoline was strongly against insect chitinase from Bombyx mori...
- Screening for the Genes Involved in Bombykol Biosynthesis: Identification and Functional Characterization of Bombyx mori Acyl Carrier ProteinAtsushi Ohnishi
Molecular Entomology Laboratory, RIKEN Advanced Science Institute Wako, Japan
Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 2:92. 2011..In the silkmoth, Bombyx mori, cytoplasmic lipid droplets (LDs), which store the sex pheromone (bombykol) precursor fatty acid, accumulate ..
- The performance of silk scaffolds in a rat model of augmentation cystoplastyAbhishek Seth
Department of Urology, Urological Diseases Research Center, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biomaterials 34:4758-65. 2013..Three distinct groups of 3-D matrices were fabricated from aqueous solutions of Bombyx mori silk fibroin either by a gel spinning technique (GS1 and GS2 groups) or a solvent-casting/salt-leaching ..
- Mutation of a novel ABC transporter gene is responsible for the failure to incorporate uric acid in the epidermis of ok mutants of the silkworm, Bombyx moriLingyan Wang
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 43:562-71. 2013ok mutants of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, exhibit highly translucent larval skin resulting from the inability to incorporate uric acid into the epidermal cells...
- Mechanical properties and structure of silkworm cocoons: a comparative study of Bombyx mori, Antheraea assamensis, Antheraea pernyi and Antheraea mylitta silkworm cocoonsJ Zhang
Australian Future Fibres Research and Innovation Centre, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University, VIC 3217, Australia
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 33:3206-13. 2013..tests and micro-structure analysis were performed on four types of silkworm cocoon walls (domesticated Bombyx mori, semi-domesticated Antheraea assamensis and wild Antheraea pernyi and Antheraea mylitta silkworm cocoons) to ..
- Circadian Clock: Differential Cryptochrome FunctionsSteven M Reppert; Fiscal Year: 2011..in vivo the critical clockwork function of insect CRY2 by targeted gene inactivation in the commercial silkworm Bombyx mori using a zinc finger nuclease strategy...
- MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY OF THE EPITRACHEAL ENDOCRINE SYSTEMMichael Adams; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have identified ecdysis-triggering hormones (ETHs) in flies (Drosophila, Musca) and moths (Manduca, Bombyx), demonstrated their functional roles in regulating in the ecdysis sequence, and established that ETH is ..
- Molecular Physiology of the Epitrachael Endocrine SystemMichael E Adams; Fiscal Year: 2012..specific peptidergic ensembles to test their necessary roles in the ecdysis sequence in Drosophila, Aedes, and Bombyx. The third specific aim is to elucidate how the ETH-activated central peptide signaling cascade mediates ..
- Peijing Jeremy Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..and 3) biochemically characterize the role of the MOV10L1 homologue in piRNA biogenesis in cultured silkworm (Bombyx mori) BmN4 ovarian cell lines...
- Yohei Kirino; Fiscal Year: 2016..function of PIWI sDMAs in the piRNA pathway, we will express PIWI proteins containing or lacking sDMAs in BmN4 (a Bombyx mori ovary-derived cultured cell line) that is an excellent cell system for piRNA research due to its endogenous ..
- Recombinant Subunit Protein for Flu VaccineCarolyn Weeks Levy; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proteins will also be expressed in the Bombyx mori system to provide Hawaii Biotech Inc an alternative expression system to the Drosophila system...
- CONTROL OF TRNA GENE EXPRESSION IN BOMBYX MORIKAREN SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- MULTIGENE FAMILIES: STRUCTURE, EXPRESSION AND EVOLUTIONThomas Eickbush; Fiscal Year: 1991..of the chorion (eggshell) by the monolayer of follicle cells surrounding the maturing oocyte of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori...
- REGULATION OF AMINOACYL-TRNA SYNTHETASES IN BOMBYXDAVID DIGNAM; Fiscal Year: 1990..studies will be to determine how the levels of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases are regulated in a higher eukaryote, Bombyx mori...
- EUKARYOTIC GENE ISOLATION AND EXPRESSIONJohn Morrow; Fiscal Year: 1980We propose to learn whether putative transposable elements, which are repeated DNA sequences of Bombyx mori, have the sequence at one end duplicated at the other end...
- Gustatory and olfactory receptors of Anopheles gambiaeHugh Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work will also contribute to our overall understanding of the molecular basis of chemoreception in insects and other animals. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MARINER TRANSPOSONS OF MAMMALSHugh Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will also reveal how occasionally particular copies of transposons can become integral parts of their host genetic complements. ..
- EVOLUTION OF IMMUNE RECOGNITION AND EVASIONAustin L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, by increasing our understanding of the population diversity and evolutionary history of human immune system genes, this research will enhance our knowledge of human immune function in health and disease. ..
- Gene Duplication and Genome EvolutionAustin Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2004..5) Examining the role of transposable elements in duplication of genomic segments by testing for nonrandom association between these elements and putatively duplicated blocks in the yeast genome. ..
- TRANSGENIC ENGINEERING OF AEDINE MOSQUITOESMalcolm Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide an exciting and much needed capability for significant enhancement of the basic research effort in mosquito genetics and physiology. ..
- Mosquito Immunity to AlphavirusesBrian Foy; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Characterize the mechanisms that Culex tritaeniorhynchus mosquitoes use to clear Sindbis virus-infected midgut cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Characterization of Drosophila Odor ReceptorsELISSA HALLEM; Fiscal Year: 2005..The contribution of individual odor receptors to receptor neuron response properties will be examined, thus furthering our understanding of both olfactory coding and the molecular basis of odor-receptor interactions. ..
- Cocaine and monoamine transportersHOWARD GU; Fiscal Year: 2009..These compounds would be excellent drug candidates for the development of pharmacological treatment for cocaine addiction. ..
- PROTEINASE SYSTEMS IN INSECT HEMOLYMPHMichael R Kanost; Fiscal Year: 2010..sexta, to apply this knowledge to insect vectors of human diseases, and to apply advantages of the M. sexta system for fundamental studies on the regulation of serine protease activity. ..
- Function of Laccases in Anopheles gambiaeMichael R Kanost; Fiscal Year: 2010..Disrupting laccase function may provide a new mechanism for controlling mosquito populations. ..
- Pilot Studies in Biochemistry of Anopheles gambiaeMichael Kanost; Fiscal Year: 2005..gambiae serpins and laccases. This project will be a start toward development of a new research area for the PI (mosquito biochemistry) that will build from his experience in biochemistry of other groups of insects. ..
- INSECT HEME OXYGENASEBoris Dunkov; Fiscal Year: 2004..The organ specific expression will be studied in larvae and in female mosquitoes at various stages before and after blood feeding. ..