Genomes and Genes
Alias: silk moth, silkworm, Bombyx mori, Bombyx mori Linnaeus, 1758
Publications352 found, 100 shown here
- Single amino acid mutation in an ATP-binding cassette transporter gene causes resistance to Bt toxin Cry1Ab in the silkworm, Bombyx moriShogo Atsumi
Division of Insect Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba 305 8634, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E1591-8. 2012..By using Bombyx mori as a model, we identified a candidate gene for a recessive form of resistance to Cry1Ab toxin on chromosome 15 ..
- Transcriptional regulation of juvenile hormone-mediated induction of Krüppel homolog 1, a repressor of insect metamorphosisTakumi Kayukawa
Division of Insect Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:11729-34. 2012..of Kr-h1 induction, we first cloned cDNAs encoding Kr-h1 (BmKr-h1) and Met (BmMet1 and BmMet2) homologs from Bombyx mori. In a B. mori cell line, BmKr-h1 was rapidly induced by subnanomolar levels of natural JHs...
- Silk fibroin of Bombyx mori is secreted, assembling a high molecular mass elementary unit consisting of H-chain, L-chain, and P25, with a 6:6:1 molar ratioS Inoue
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8555 Japan
J Biol Chem 275:40517-28. 2000Silk fibroin produced by the silkworm Bombyx mori consists of a heavy chain, a light chain, and a glycoprotein, P25...
- A draft sequence for the genome of the domesticated silkworm (Bombyx mori)Qingyou Xia
Southwest Agricultural University, Chongqing Beibei, 400716, China
Science 306:1937-40. 2004We report a draft sequence for the genome of the domesticated silkworm (Bombyx mori), covering 90.9% of all known silkworm genes. Our estimated gene count is 18,510, which exceeds the 13,379 genes reported for Drosophila melanogaster...
- Characterization of a novel silkworm (Bombyx mori) phenol UDP-glucosyltransferaseTeresa Luque
Department of Biology, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Eur J Biochem 269:819-25. 2002..molecular cloning and functional characterization of a phenol UDP-glucosyltransferase (UGT) from the silkworm, Bombyx mori, which was named BmUGT1. The complete cDNA clone is 1...
- CYP306A1, a cytochrome P450 enzyme, is essential for ecdysteroid biosynthesis in the prothoracic glands of Bombyx and DrosophilaRyusuke Niwa
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 5 1 5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8562, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35942-9. 2004..P450 gene, designated Cyp306a1, that is essential for ecdysteroid biosynthesis in the PGs of the silkworm Bombyx mori and fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster...
- Phantom encodes the 25-hydroxylase of Drosophila melanogaster and Bombyx mori: a P450 enzyme critical in ecdysone biosynthesisJames T Warren
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, 342 Wilson Hall, CB 3280, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 3280, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 34:991-1010. 2004..gene identification has also resulted in the characterization of the corresponding 25-hydroxylase gene in Bombyx mori. Confirmation of 2,22,25-trideoxyecdysone (3beta,5beta-ketodiol) conversion to 2,22-dideoxyecdysone (3beta,..
- Cloning and characterization of the pheromone biosynthesis activating neuropeptide receptor from the silkmoth, Bombyx mori. Significance of the carboxyl terminus in receptor internalizationJ Joe Hull
Molecular Entomology Laboratory, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:51500-7. 2004..a full-length 2780-nucleotide clone encoding a 46-kDa G protein-coupled receptor was amplified from a Bombyx mori pheromone gland cDNA library...
- Functional characterization of the Bombyx mori fatty acid transport protein (BmFATP) within the silkmoth pheromone glandAtsushi Ohnishi
Molecular Entomology Laboratory, Advanced Science Institute, RIKEN, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:5128-36. 2009..By exploiting this unique system in the PG of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori, we found that BmFATP is predominantly expressed in the PG and undergoes up-regulation 1 day prior to eclosion...
- Isolation and characterization of a Bombyx vasa-like geneH Nakao
Department of Insect Genetics and Breeding, National Institute of Sericultural and Entomological Science, 1 2 Oowashi, Tsukuba 305 8634, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 209:312-6. 1999AcDNA for a vasa-like gene (BmVLG) was isolated from Bombyx mori. As with vasa in Drosophila, the expression is restricted to the germline in the larval (and pupal and adult?) stage, and the maternal transcript exists...
- Transcriptional regulation of the insulin signaling pathway genes by starvation and 20-hydroxyecdysone in the Bombyx fat bodyYan Liu
Key Laboratory of Insect Developmental Biology and Evolution, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
J Insect Physiol 56:1436-44. 2010..From the silkworm, Bombyx mori, we have identified and characterized several key genes involved in the IIS pathway, including InR, IRS, ..
- Positional cloning of silkworm white egg 2 (w-2) locus shows functional conservation and diversification of ABC transporters for pigmentation in insectsKen Ichiro Tatematsu
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Genes Cells 16:331-42. 2011..The white egg 2 (w-2) mutant of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, has white eggs and eyes because of lack of ommochrome granules in the serosa and eyes...
- Involvement of PI3K/Akt signaling in PTTH-stimulated ecdysteroidogenesis by prothoracic glands of the silkworm, Bombyx moriShi Hong Gu
Department of Zoology, National Museum of Natural Science, 1 Kuan Chien Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan, ROC
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 41:197-202. 2011..and tyrosine kinase are involved in PTTH-stimulated ecdysteroidogenesis by the prothoracic glands of both Bombyx mori and Manduca sexta...
- Identification of specific sites in the third intracellular loop and carboxyl terminus of the Bombyx mori pheromone biosynthesis activating neuropeptide receptor crucial for ligand-induced internalizationJ J Hull
Molecular Entomology Laboratory, RIKEN Advanced Science Institute, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Insect Mol Biol 20:801-11. 2011..Using fluorescent Bombyx mori PBANR (BmPBANR) chimeras to study PBANR regulation, we previously showed that BmPBANR undergoes rapid ligand-..
- Beta-fructofuranosidase genes of the silkworm, Bombyx mori: insights into enzymatic adaptation of B. mori to toxic alkaloids in mulberry latexTakaaki Daimon
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:15271-9. 2008..Although these compounds do not harm the silkworm, Bombyx mori, a mulberry specialist, they are highly toxic to insects that do not normally feed on mulberry leaves...
- Control of juvenile hormone biosynthesis in Bombyx mori: cloning of the enzymes in the mevalonate pathway and assessment of their developmental expression in the corpora allataTerunori Kinjoh
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hirosaki University, Hirosaki 036 8561, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:808-18. 2007..of all enzymes involved in the mevalonate pathway portion of the juvenile hormone (JH) biosynthetic pathway in Bombyx mori, i.e., those responsible for the formation of farnesyl diphosphate from acetyl-CoA...
- Non-molting glossy/shroud encodes a short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase that functions in the 'Black Box' of the ecdysteroid biosynthesis pathwayRyusuke Niwa
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennoudai 1 1 1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Development 137:1991-9. 2010..This gene was first isolated by positional cloning of the nm-g mutant of the silkworm Bombyx mori, which exhibits a low ecdysteroid titer and consequently causes a larval arrest phenotype...
- Carotenoid silk coloration is controlled by a carotenoid-binding protein, a product of the Yellow blood geneTakashi Sakudoh
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, 5 1 5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8562, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8941-6. 2007..The Y (Yellow blood) gene, a critical cocoon color determinant in the silkworm Bombyx mori, controls the uptake of carotenoids into the intestinal mucosa and the silk gland...
- Repression of tyrosine hydroxylase is responsible for the sex-linked chocolate mutation of the silkworm, Bombyx moriChun Liu
Key Sericultural Laboratory of Agricultural Ministry, Institute of Sericulture and Systems Biology, Southwest University, Chongqing 400716, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12980-5. 2010..Wild-type neonatal larvae of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, are completely black...
- Cytochrome P450 CYP307A1/Spook: a regulator for ecdysone synthesis in insectsToshiki Namiki
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Rm 201, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 5 1 5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8562, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:367-74. 2005..To identify genes functioning in the PG of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, we used differential display PCR and focused on a cytochrome P450 gene designated Cyp307a1...
- Positional cloning of a Bombyx wingless locus flugellos (fl) reveals a crucial role for fringe that is specific for wing morphogenesisKaoru Sato
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bioscience Building 501, 5 1 5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8562, Japan
Genetics 179:875-85. 2008Mutations at the flügellos (fl) locus in Bombyx mori produce wingless pupae and moths because of the repressed response of wing discs to ecdysteroid. Four recessive fl alleles occurred spontaneously and were mapped at 13...
- Purification and molecular cloning of chemosensory proteins from Bombyx moriJ F Picimbon
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 44:120-9. 2000..From the antennae of Bombyx mori, we have purified and sequenced a protein (BmorCSP1) bearing sequence similarity to a class of soluble ..
- Involvement of a bifunctional fatty-acyl desaturase in the biosynthesis of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori, sex pheromoneKen ichi Moto
RIKEN, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8631-6. 2004..three cDNAs encoding desaturase family members from the pheromone gland of the inbred strain of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori. Transcript analyses by RT-PCR and subsequent functional assays using a Bac-to-Bac baculovirus expression ..
- Cloning, expression and characterization of theta-class glutathione S-transferase from the silkworm, Bombyx moriKohji Yamamoto
Laboratory of Insect Genetic Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, 6 10 1 Hakozaki, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 141:340-6. 2005This study focused on glutathione S-transferase (GST), one of the detoxification enzymes, from the silkworm, Bombyx mori (GSTT1)...
- The molecular mechanism of the termination of insect diapause, part 1: A timer protein, TIME-EA4, in the diapause eggs of the silkworm Bombyx mori is a metallo-glycoproteinMinoru Isobe
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Chembiochem 7:1590-8. 2006..ATPase that measures time intervals, functioning as a diapause duration clock in diapause eggs of the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Characterization of the primary and higher structures of the TIME-EA4 would be desirable to clarify the ..
- ERK- and JNK-dependent signaling pathways contribute to Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus infectionSusumu Katsuma
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Virol 81:13700-9. 2007..intracellular signaling pathways induced by baculovirus infection, we examined the involvement of MAPKs in Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV) infection of BmN cells...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of cDNAs encoding dopamine receptor-1 and -2 from brain-suboesophageal ganglion of the silkworm, Bombyx moriK Mitsumasu
Sericulture and Entomoresources, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Insect Mol Biol 17:185-95. 2008..between dopamine and the release of diapause hormone into the blood, we cloned and characterized cDNAs encoding Bombyx mori dopamine receptor-1 and -2 (BmDopR1 and 2) from the pupal brain-suboesophageal ganglion...
- Biochemical properties of an omega-class glutathione S-transferase of the silkmoth, Bombyx moriKohji Yamamoto
Institute of Genetic Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University Graduate School, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 149:461-7. 2009A cDNA encoding an omega-class glutathione S-transferase of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori (bmGSTO), was cloned by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction...
- The silkworm mutant lemon (lemon lethal) is a potential insect model for human sepiapterin reductase deficiencyYan Meng
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:11698-705. 2009..strains, lemon (lem) and its lethal allele lemon lethal (lem(1)) with yellow body coloration, of the silkworm Bombyx mori could be used as the first insect model for human SPR deficiency diseases...
- Identification, genomic organization and expression pattern of glutathione S-transferase in the silkworm, Bombyx moriQuanyou Yu
The Key Sericultural Laboratory of Agricultural Ministry, College of Biotechnology, Southwest University, Chongqing, China
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 38:1158-64. 2008..We have identified 23 putative cytosolic GSTs by searching the new assembly of the Bombyx mori genome sequence. Phylogenetic analyses on the amino acid sequences reveal that 21 of the B...
- betaFTZ-F1 and Broad-Complex positively regulate the transcription of the wing cuticle protein gene, BMWCP5, in wing discs of Bombyx moriHua Bing Wang
Faculty of Agriculture, Utsunomiya University, 350 Mine, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321 8505, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:624-33. 2009..Expression of BMWCP5 was strong at around pupation and weak at the mid-pupal stage in wing tissues of Bombyx mori. We analyzed the upstream region of the BMWCP5 gene using a transient reporter assay with a gene gun system to ..
- Annotation and expression of carboxylesterases in the silkworm, Bombyx moriQuan You Yu
The Institute of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China
BMC Genomics 10:553. 2009..However, genome-wide characterization of COEs in phytophagous insects and comparative analysis remain to be performed...
- Two Tor genes in the silkworm Bombyx moriS Zhou
Key Laboratory of Insect Developmental and Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Insect Mol Biol 19:727-35. 2010..Tor genes, BmTor1 and BmTor2, were identified as a pair of inverted repeats in the genome of the silkworm Bombyx mori. The synteny of BmTor1 and CG8360 indicates that BmTor1 is the orthologue while BmTor2 is a duplicate...
- Effect of RNAi-mediated knockdown of the Bombyx mori transformer-2 gene on the sex-specific splicing of Bmdsx pre-mRNAMasataka G Suzuki
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 56:693-9. 2012..The function of Bmtra-2, the Bombyx mori homolog of tra-2, on the other hand remains to be elucidated...
- Ras1CA-upregulated BCPI inhibits cathepsin activity to prevent tissue destruction of the Bombyx posterior silk glandLi Ma
Key Laboratory of Insect Developmental and Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
J Proteome Res 12:1924-34. 2013Using the GAL4/UAS transgenic system established in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, we have previously reported that overexpression of the Ras1(CA) oncogene specifically in the posterior silk gland (PSG) resulted in improved fibroin synthesis,..
- Embryonic thermosensitive TRPA1 determines transgenerational diapause phenotype of the silkworm, Bombyx moriAzusa Sato
Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Ueda 386 8567, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E1249-55. 2014In the bivoltine strain of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, embryonic diapause is induced transgenerationally as a maternal effect...
- Complete nucleotide sequences of major plasma protein genes of Bombyx moriS Mori
Department of Biology, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1090:129-32. 1991In the silkworm, Bombyx mori, a family of hormone-sensitive genes encodes major plasma proteins, termed '30K proteins'...
- cDNA cloning of acyl-CoA desaturase homologs in the silkworm, Bombyx moriT Yoshiga
Laboratory of Molecular Entomology and Baculovirology, RIKEN, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako, Saitama, Japan
Gene 246:339-45. 2000..desaturase clones from a pheromone gland cDNA library by using the EST (expressed sequence tag) database of Bombyx mori. The putative acyl-CoA desaturases encoded by the clones desat 1 (2029bp) and desat 2 (2341bp) have 98% ..
- Characterization of acyl-CoA-binding protein (ACBP) in the pheromone gland of the silkworm, Bombyx moriS Matsumoto
The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:603-9. 2001..We have purified a 10-kDa protein from the cytosolic fraction of Bombyx mori pheromone glands by using affinity chromatography with a palmitoyl-CoA-agarose column and reversed-phase HPLC...
- cDNA cloning of calcineurin heterosubunits from the pheromone gland of the silkmoth, Bombyx moriT Yoshiga
Laboratory of Molecular Entomology and Baculovirology, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Hirosawa 2 1, Wako Shi, 351 0198, Saitama, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 32:477-86. 2002..PBAN) stimulates the step of fatty acyl reduction in the pheromone biosynthetic pathway of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori. It has been suggested that the intracellular signal transduction of PBAN in B...
- Alternative splicing of the primary transcript generates heterogeneity within the products of the gene for Bombyx mori chitinaseBabiker M A Abdel-Banat
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Biological Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi 753 8515, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:30524-34. 2002The gene of chitinase in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, generates four mRNA products by alternative splicing...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the translationally controlled tumor protein gene in Bombyx moriJae Man Lee
Laboratory of Silkworm Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences, Hakozaki 6 10 1, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 139:35-43. 2004..To elucidate its molecular basis of the expression and physiological significance, a cDNA encoding for the Bombyx mori Tctp (BmTctp) was deduced by editing the partial cDNA sequences registered in a Bombyx EST database...
- Molecular cloning and expression of two novel beta-N-acetylglucosaminidases from silkworm Bombyx moriTakahiro Okada
The International Center for Biotechnology, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1626-35. 2007..A search using the Bombyx mori cDNA database revealed the existence of two putative beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase genes...
- Identification and functional analysis of Relish homologs in the silkworm, Bombyx moriHiromitsu Tanaka
Innate Immunity Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Owashi 1 2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1769:559-68. 2007Two cDNAs designated BmRelish1 and 2, that encode Relish homologs, were cloned from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. BmRelish1 had an IkappaB-like domain with 5 ankyrin repeats in addition to Rel homology domain (RHD), nuclear localization ..
- Expression analysis and characteristics of profilin gene from silkworm, Bombyx moriZuoming Nie
Institute of Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Hangzhou, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 158:59-71. 2009A recombinant Bombyx mori profilin protein (rBmPFN) was overexpressed in Escherichia coli BL21. Purified rBmPFN was used to generate anti-BmPFN polyclonal antibody, which were used to determine the subcellular localization of BmPFN...
- Novel female-specific splice form of dsx in the silkworm, Bombyx moriJayendra Nath Shukla
Centre of Excellence for Genetics and Genomics of Silkmoths, Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Tuljaguda, Nampally, Hyderabad, 500001, India
Genetica 139:23-31. 2011The Bombyx mori doublesex (Bmdsx), a homologue of doublesex of Drosophila, is the bottom most gene of the sex determination cascade. Bmdsx plays a very crucial role in somatic sexual development...
- The genomic underpinnings of apoptosis in the silkworm, Bombyx moriJin Ye Zhang
The Key Sericultural Laboratory of Agricultural Ministry, Institute of Sericulture and Systems Biology, Southwest University, Chongqing 400715, China
BMC Genomics 11:611. 2010..Herein we have identified apoptosis-related genes in the silkworm Bombyx mori and compared them to those from insects, mammals, and nematodes.
- Identification of a prothoracicostatic peptide in the larval brain of the silkworm, Bombyx moriY J Hua
Laboratory of Bioactive Substances, National Institute of Sericultural and Entomological Sciences, Ohwashi 1 2, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:31169-73. 1999..ecdysteroid biosynthesis in the PG was isolated from the extracts of 2,000 larval brains of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, using a protocol that included four reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography procedures...
- Interaction of Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus BRO-A and host cell protein lamininW K Kang
Laboratory of Molecular Entomology and Baculovirology, RIKEN, Wako, Japan
Arch Virol 148:99-113. 2003The Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV) contains five baculovirus repeated ORF ( bro) genes, all of which are expressed as delayed early genes...
- Insect sex-pheromone signals mediated by specific combinations of olfactory receptorsTakao Nakagawa
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Chiba 277 8562, Japan
Science 307:1638-42. 2005We describe two male-specific olfactory receptors (ORs) in the silk moth, Bombyx mori, that are mutually exclusively expressed in a pair of adjacent pheromone-sensitive neurons of male antennae: One is specifically tuned to bombykol, the ..
- Myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) is a key modulator of the expression of the prothoracicotropic hormone gene in the silkworm, Bombyx moriKunihiro Shiomi
Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan
FEBS J 272:3853-62. 2005..AcNPV)-mediated transient gene transfer into the central nervous sytem (CNS) of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, we identified two cis-regulatory elements that participate in the decision and the enhancement of PTTH gene ..
- Binding of the general odorant binding protein of Bombyx mori BmorGOBP2 to the moth sex pheromone componentsXiaoli He
Department of Biological Chemistry, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, UK
J Chem Ecol 36:1293-305. 2010..In the silkworm, Bombyx mori (L...
- Prothoracicotropic hormone of the silkworm, Bombyx mori: amino acid sequence and dimeric structureH Kataoka
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, Japan
Agric Biol Chem 55:73-86. 1991Prothoracicotropic hormone (PTTH) of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, was purified and its primary structure determined for the most part...
- Abnormal red body coloration of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, is caused by a mutation in a novel kynureninaseYan Meng
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Genes Cells 14:129-40. 2009Larvae of the body color mutant red blood (rb) of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, display reddish skin whose hemolymph becomes red in air, whereas hemolymphs of normal strains become black during melanization...
- Molecular cloning and heterologous expression of an alpha-adrenergic-like octopamine receptor from the silkworm Bombyx moriA Ohtani
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue, Shimane, Japan
Insect Mol Biol 15:763-72. 2006A cDNA encoding an octopamine (OA) receptor (BmOAR1) was isolated from the nerve tissue of silkworm (Bombyx mori) larvae...
- A single-base deletion in an ABC transporter gene causes white eyes, white eggs, and translucent larval skin in the silkworm w-3(oe) mutantNatuo Kômoto
Division of Insect Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:152-6. 2009The w-3(oe) silkworm mutant has white eyes and eggs due to the absence of ommochrome pigments in the eye pigment cells and serosa cells...
- Immunity or digestion: glucanase activity in a glucan-binding protein family from LepidopteraYannick Pauchet
Department of Entomology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Beutenberg Campus, Hans Knoell Str 8, 07745 Jena, Germany
J Biol Chem 284:2214-24. 2009..The noncatalytic betaGRPs may be evolutionarily derived from this newly described enzyme family that continues to function catalytically in digestion and/or pathogen defense...
- Identification and expression analysis of ras gene in silkworm, Bombyx moriTakehiko Ogura
Department of Applied Life Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e8030. 2009..We identified three ras cDNAs from the silk worm, Bombyx mori. These sequences corresponded to three Ras of Drosophila melanogaster, but not to three mammalian Ras (H-Ras, K-..
- A Bombyx mori gene, BmChi-h, encodes a protein homologous to bacterial and baculovirus chitinasesTakaaki Daimon
Laboratory of Insect Genetics and Bioscience, Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:749-59. 2003We have cloned and characterized a novel chitinase gene (BmChi-h) from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. BmChi-h cDNA has an open reading frame of 1,665 nucleotides, encoding a protein of 555 amino acid residues...
- Developmentally synchronized expression of two Bombyx mori Piwi subfamily genes, SIWI and BmAGO3 in germ-line cellsShinpei Kawaoka
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Science, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:755-60. 2008..In this study, we examined the expression profiles of two Bombyx mori Piwi subfamily genes, silkworm Piwi (SIWI) and BmAGO3, which are possible partners of Bombyx piRNA-like small ..
- Organization of the Hox gene cluster of the silkworm, Bombyx mori: a split of the Hox cluster in a non-Drosophila insectYuji Yasukochi
Insect Genome Laboratory, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, 305 8634, Ibaraki, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 214:606-14. 2004..chromosome (BAC) contig was constructed by chromosome walking, starting from the Hox genes of the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Bombyx orthologues of the labial (lab) and zerknult (zen) genes were newly identified...
- Solution structure of the silkworm betaGRP/GNBP3 N-terminal domain reveals the mechanism for beta-1,3-glucan-specific recognitionKiyohiro Takahasi
Department of Structural Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, N 21, W 11, Kita ku, Sapporo 001 0021, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:11679-84. 2009..This report shows the solution structure of the N-terminal beta-1,3-glucan recognition domain of silkworm betaGRP...
- Molecular cloning of the Bombyx mori prothoracicotropic hormoneA Kawakami
Department of Biology, School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
Science 247:1333-5. 1990..The complementary DNAs encoding PTTH of the silkmoth Bombyx mori were cloned and characterized, and the complete amino acid sequence was deduced...
- Isolation and expression of the ecdysteroid-inducible angiotensin-converting enzyme-related gene in wing discs of Bombyx moriG X Quan
Faculty of Agriculture, Utsunomiya University, 350 Mine, Utsunomiya, 321 8505, Tochigi, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:97-103. 2001..encoding a putative angiotensin-converting enzyme-related gene from the wing disc cDNA library of the silkworm, Bombyx mori (refer to as BmAcer)...
- Identification and functional characterization of a sex pheromone receptor in the silkmoth Bombyx moriTakeshi Sakurai
Division of Applied Biosciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16653-8. 2004..Bombykol in the silkmoth Bombyx mori was the first sex pheromone to be identified...
- The roles of ERK and P38 MAPK signaling cascades on embryonic diapause initiation and termination of the silkworm, Bombyx moriYoshihiro Fujiwara
Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Department of Applied Biology, Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano 386 8567, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 36:47-53. 2006..Phospho-ERK levels were maintained with diapause-interrupting treatment and declined with diapause-sustaining treatment. ERK phosphorylation is considered to have a role in diapause termination and in the resumption of development...
- Bombyx mori transferrin: genomic structure, expression and antimicrobial activity of recombinant proteinEun Young Yun
Department of Agricultural Biology, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA, Suwon 441 100, South Korea
Dev Comp Immunol 33:1064-9. 2009..In this study, we identified and characterized Bombyx mori transferrin (BmTf)...
- Bombyx mori homologs of STIM1 and Orai1 are essential components of the signal transduction cascade that regulates sex pheromone productionJ Joe Hull
Molecular Entomology Laboratory, RIKEN Advanced Science Institute, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:31200-13. 2009Sex pheromone production in the pheromone gland (PG) of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori, is mediated by store-operated channels (SOCs) acting downstream of pheromone biosynthesis activating neuropeptide (PBAN) binding...
- Functional analysis of Ultrabithorax in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, using RNAiMika Masumoto
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 219:437-44. 2009..We examined the function of Ubx in the silkworm Bombyx mori (Bm-Ubx) by embryonic RNA interference (RNAi)...
- Isolation and characterization of the lysozyme-encoding gene from the silkworm Bombyx moriW J Lee
Unité d Ecologie des Systèmes Vectoriels, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Gene 161:199-203. 1995We have isolated and characterized a Bombyx mori (Bm) cDNA encoding a lysozyme (Lyz)...
- The mechanism of sex-specific splicing at the doublesex gene is different between Drosophila melanogaster and Bombyx moriM G Suzuki
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, 113 8657, Tokyo, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:1201-11. 2001..found to be sex-specifically expressed in various tissues at larval, pupal, and adult stages in the silkworm, Bombyx mori, and was alternatively spliced to yield male- and female-specific mRNAs...
- Precursor polyprotein for multiple neuropeptides secreted from the suboesophageal ganglion of the silkworm Bombyx mori: characterization of the cDNA encoding the diapause hormone precursor and identification of additional peptidesY Sato
Radioisotope Research Center, Nagoya University, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:3251-5. 1993..In the silkworm Bombyx mori, SG is known to secrete two neuropeptides, diapause hormone (DH) responsible for induction of embryonic ..
- Patchwork-structure serpins from silkworm (Bombyx mori) larval hemolymphT Sasaki
Department of Food Science and Technology, School of Agriculture, Nagoya University, Aichi, Japan
Eur J Biochem 202:255-61. 1991A new serpin (serine proteinase inhibitor), having antichymotryptic activity, was isolated from silkworm, Bombyx mori, larval hemolymph and was named silkworm antichymotrypsin II (sw-AchyII)...
- B96Bom encodes a Bombyx mori tyramine receptor negatively coupled to adenylate cyclaseH Ohta
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue, Shimane, Japan
Insect Mol Biol 12:217-23. 2003A cDNA encoding a biogenic amine receptor (B96Bom) was isolated from silkworm (Bombyx mori) larvae, and the ligand response of the receptor stably expressed in HEK-293 cells was examined. Tyramine (TA) at 0...
- Peptides encoded by short ORFs control development and define a new eukaryotic gene familyMaximo Ibo Galindo
School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 5:e106. 2007..Our results open a new avenue for the annotation and functional analysis of genes and sequenced genomes, in which thousands of short ORFs are still uncharacterised...
- Glycerol kinase activity and glycerol kinase-3 gene are up-regulated by acclimation to 5 degrees C in diapause eggs of the silkworm, Bombyx moriFukashi Kihara
Sericulture and Entomoresources, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:763-9. 2009With initiation of diapause, glycogen is converted into sorbitol and glycerol in eggs of the silkworm Bombyx mori. At diapause termination promoted by incubation at 5 degrees C, sorbitol and glycerol are utilized...
- Functional and pharmacological characterization of a beta-adrenergic-like octopamine receptor from the silkworm Bombyx moriXi Chen
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Shimane University, Matsue, Shimane 690 8504, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 40:476-86. 2010A cDNA encoding a seven-transmembrane receptor was cloned from the nervous tissues of silkworm (Bombyx mori) larvae...
- TOR signaling is involved in PTTH-stimulated ecdysteroidogenesis by prothoracic glands in the silkworm, Bombyx moriShi Hong Gu
Department of Zoology, National Museum of Natural Science, 1 Kuan Chien Road, Taichung, Taiwan 404, ROC
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:296-303. 2012..that phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt signaling was involved in PTTH-stimulated ecdysteroidogenesis by Bombyx mori prothoracic glands. In the present study, downstream signaling of PI3K/Akt was further investigated...
- Ecdysone-responsive transcription factors determine the expression region of target cuticular protein genes in the epidermis of Bombyx moriMd Saheb Ali
Faculty of Agriculture, Utsunomiya University, 350 Mine, Utsunomiya, Tochigi, 321 8505, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 222:89-97. 2012....
- Molecular characterization of a peritrophic membrane protein from the silkworm, Bombyx moriXiaolong Hu
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310058, China
Mol Biol Rep 40:1087-95. 2013..In the current study, a novel PM protein, designated as BmMtch, was identified from the silkworm, Bombyx mori. The open reading frame of BmMtch is 888 bp in length, encoding 295 amino acid residues consisting of two ..
- Purification of a beta-1,3-glucan recognition protein in the prophenoloxidase activating system from hemolymph of the silkworm, Bombyx moriM Ochiai
Biochemical Laboratory, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Biol Chem 263:12056-62. 1988The plasma fraction (referred to as plasma-CPB) of silkworm hemolymph, from which a protein with affinity to beta-1,3-glucan was specifically removed according to Yoshida et al. (Yoshida, H., Ochiai, M., and Ashida, M. (1986), Biochem...
- Molecular cloning of silkworm (Bombyx mori) antichymotrypsin. A new member of the serpin superfamily of proteins from insectsH Narumi
Department of Food Science and Technology, School of Agriculture, Nagoya University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 214:181-7. 1993The cDNA of silkworm (Bombyx mori) antichymotrypsin (sw-Achy) was cloned from larval fat body and its nucleotide sequence was determined...
- Structure and organization of the Bombyx mori sericin 1 gene and of the sericins 1 deduced from the sequence of the Ser 1B cDNAA Garel
Centre de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, U M R, Université C Bernard, Lyon I, Villeurbanne, France
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 27:469-77. 1997The sericin 1 primary transcript of the silkworm Bombyx mori is differentially spliced via a tissue- and developmentally-regulated process...
- Phylogenetic mapping of intron positions: a case study of translation initiation factor eIF2gammaVeiko Krauss
Department of Genetics, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Mol Biol Evol 22:74-84. 2005..We also performed tree reconstructions using the eIF2gamma protein sequences and intron positioning as phylogenetic information. Our results support the monophyly of Viridoplantae, Ascomycota, Homobasidiomyceta, and Apicomplexa...
- Superoxide dismutase from the silkworm, Bombyx mori: sequence, distribution, and overexpressionKohji Yamamoto
Laboratory of Insect Genetic Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:507-14. 2005..This study focused on SOD from the silkworm, Bombyx mori (bmSOD). cDNA encoding bmSOD was amplified by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction...
- Phenotypic effects induced by knock-down of the period clock gene in Bombyx moriFederica Sandrelli
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Padova, Padua 35131, Italy
Genet Res 89:73-84. 2007The lepidopteran Bombyx mori is an insect of considerable scientific and economic importance. Recently, the B. mori circadian clock gene period has been molecularly characterized. We have transformed a B...
- A basic-HLH transcription factor, HLH54F, is highly expressed in the prothoracic gland in the silkworm Bombyx mori and the fruit fly Drosophila melanogasterToshiki Namiki
Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:762-5. 2009..HLH54F was uncovered by the use of an expressed sequence tag database of the silkworm Bombyx mori. It was also highly expressed in the prothoracic gland of the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster.
- Molecular characterization of heat shock proteins 90 (HSP83?) and 70 in tropical strains of Bombyx moriAparna H Sosalegowda
Department of Biochemistry, Karnatak University, Dharwad, Karnataka, India
Proteomics 10:2734-45. 2010Following the concept of whole organism, we have extracted total protein from the Bombyx mori for the identification and analysis of HSPs...
- BmDJ-1 is a key regulator of oxidative modification in the development of the silkworm, Bombyx moriHiroko Tabunoki
Department of Bioinformatics and Molecular Neuropathology, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e17683. 2011We cloned cDNA for the Bombyx mori DJ-1 protein (BmDJ-1) from the brains of larvae. BmDJ-1 is composed of 190 amino acids and encoded by 672 nucleotides...
- CD36 homolog divergence is responsible for the selectivity of carotenoid species migration to the silk gland of the silkworm Bombyx moriTakashi Sakudoh
Division of Radiological Protection and Biology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Shinjuku Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
J Lipid Res 54:482-95. 2013..The products of the Yellow cocoon (C) gene and the Flesh (F) gene of the silkworm Bombyx mori determine the selectivity for transport of lutein and β-carotene, respectively, to the silk gland...
- Reaper homologue IBM1 in silkworm Bombyx mori induces apoptosis upon baculovirus infectionYu Wu
Institute of Life Science, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
FEBS Lett 587:600-6. 2013..b>Bombyx mori IBM1 gene, a Drosophila Reaper orthologue, is localised in mitochondria and can induce a mitochondrial membrane ..
- BmPAH catalyzes the initial melanin biosynthetic step in Bombyx moriPing Chen
State Key Laboratory of Silkworm Genome Biology and College of Biotechnology, Southwest University, Chongqing, China College of Biotechnology, Southwest University, Chongqing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e71984. 2013Pigmentation during insect development is a primal adaptive requirement. In the silkworm, melanin is the primary component of larval pigments...
- Structures and organization of major plasma protein genes of the silkworm Bombyx moriS Mori
Department of Biology, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
J Mol Biol 218:7-12. 1991In the silkworm, Bombyx mori, a group of structurally related proteins, termed 30K proteins, accumulate in the hemolymph of the last instar larvae...
- Isolation of actin genes in Bombyx mori: the coding sequence of a cytoplasmic actin gene expressed in the silk gland is interrupted by a single intron in an unusual positionN Mounier
Biochimie 68:1053-61. 1986..gene(s) coding for the actin present in the microfilaments involved in the secretion of silk, we have probed a Bombyx mori genomic library with a Drosophila actin cDNA clone and selected 16 recombinant phages...
- Heat-inducible transgenic expression in the silkmoth Bombyx moriMirka Uhlirova
University of South Bohemia, Branisovká 31, České Budějovice 370 05, Czech Republic
Dev Genes Evol 212:145-51. 2002..the piggyBac 3xP3-EGFP vector to test whether the Drosophila heat shock hsp70 promoter will be active in the live silkworm. We modified the original vector by cloning the coding sequence for Bombyx nuclear receptor Ftz-F1 between the ..
- Aminopeptidase N isoforms from the midgut of Bombyx mori and Plutella xylostella -- their classification and the factors that determine their binding specificity to Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1A toxinKazuko Nakanishi
Graduate School of Bio Applications and Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Koganei, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 519:215-20. 2002Novel aminopeptidase N (APN) isoform cDNAs, BmAPN3 and PxAPN3, from the midguts of Bombyx mori and Plutella xylostella, respectively, were cloned, and a total of eight APN isoforms cloned from B. mori and P...
- Genomic sequence of a 320-kb segment of the Z chromosome of Bombyx mori containing a kettin orthologY Koike
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Biology, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, 113 8657 Tokyo, Japan
Mol Genet Genomics 269:137-49. 2003The sex chromosome constitution of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, is ZW in the female and ZZ in the male...
- Isolation and comparison of different ecdysone-responsive cuticle protein genes in wing discs of Bombyx moriTakanori Noji
Utsunomiya University, Faculty of Agriculture, 350 Mine, Utsunomiya, Tochigi 321 8505, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:671-9. 2003Microarray analysis was used to isolate an ecdysone up-regulated cuticle protein gene from wing discs of Bombyx mori. Transcripts of isolated cDNAs were identified by Northern blot analysis...
- A lipase isolated from the silkworm Bombyx mori shows antiviral activity against nucleopolyhedrovirusKangayam M Ponnuvel
Innate Immunity Laboratory, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8634, Japan
J Virol 77:10725-9. 2003A protein showing strong antiviral activity against Bombyx mori nucleopolyhedrovirus (BmNPV) was purified from the digestive juice of B. mori larvae...
- ERK/MAPK regulates ecdysteroid and sorbitol metabolism for embryonic diapause termination in the silkworm, Bombyx moriYoshihiro Fujiwara
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano 386 8567, Japan
J Insect Physiol 52:569-75. 2006The eggs of the silkworm Bombyx mori undergo a state of suspended overt development and diminished metabolism called "diapause" to escape adverse environmental conditions...
- A genomewide survey of homeobox genes and identification of novel structure of the Hox cluster in the silkworm, Bombyx moriChun Li Chai
The Key Sericultural Laboratory of Agricultural Ministry, College of Biotechnology, Institute of Sericulture and Systems Biology, Southwest University, Chongqing, China
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 38:1111-20. 2008..We have identified 102 homeobox genes in the typical insect of Lepidoptera, Bombyx mori, based on the newly assembled genome sequence with 9X coverage...
- Convergent Molecular Evolution of Moth and Spider SilksNADIA AYOUB; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) Expression patterns of the domesticated silkworm and black widow silk glands will be compared to determine if convergence in gene expression can, in part, explain ..
- A novel transgenic silkworm system for recombinant glycoprotein productionDonald L Jarvis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term objective of this proposal is to genetically engineer the silkworm to fulfill these requirements and provide a new system for recombinant glycoprotein production...
- SILK SCAFFOLDS FOR BONE FORMATIONDavid Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Silk proteins will be prepared, including regenerated silkworm silk and different spider silks using recombinant DNA techniques (with and without encoded RGD and cysteines)...
- Circadian Clock: Differential Cryptochrome FunctionsSteven M Reppert; Fiscal Year: 2011..in vivo the critical clockwork function of insect CRY2 by targeted gene inactivation in the commercial silkworm Bombyx mori using a zinc finger nuclease strategy...
- Peijing Jeremy Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..and 3) biochemically characterize the role of the MOV10L1 homologue in piRNA biogenesis in cultured silkworm (Bombyx mori) BmN4 ovarian cell lines...
- Yohei Kirino; Fiscal Year: 2016..of PIWI sDMAs in the piRNA pathway, we will express PIWI proteins containing or lacking sDMAs in BmN4 (a Bombyx mori ovary-derived cultured cell line) that is an excellent cell system for piRNA research due to its endogenous ..
- Recombinant Subunit Protein for Flu VaccineCarolyn Weeks Levy; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proteins will also be expressed in the Bombyx mori system to provide Hawaii Biotech Inc an alternative expression system to the Drosophila system...
- CONTROL OF TRNA GENE EXPRESSION IN BOMBYX MORIKAREN SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 1993The aim of the proposed work is to investigate the mechanism of transcription by silkworm RNA polymerase III in vitro. Much of our effort will focus on a novel transcription component, Factor X, that our laboratory has recently isolated...
- MULTIGENE FAMILIES: STRUCTURE, EXPRESSION AND EVOLUTIONThomas Eickbush; Fiscal Year: 1991..of the chorion (eggshell) by the monolayer of follicle cells surrounding the maturing oocyte of the silkmoth, Bombyx mori. In these cells the synthesis of over 100 chorion proteins follows a precise temporal pattern corresponding to ..
- REGULATION OF AMINOACYL-TRNA SYNTHETASES IN BOMBYXDAVID DIGNAM; Fiscal Year: 1990..studies will be to determine how the levels of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases are regulated in a higher eukaryote, Bombyx mori. This organism will be employed because its silkgland specializes its protein synthetic apparatus for the ..
- MECHANISM OF SELECTIVE EXPRESSION OF TRNA GENESKAREN SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 1999..SG transcription in vitro will be functionally tested in vivo by determining their ability to regulate SG transcription when ectopically expressed in cultured Drosophila and silkworm cells and in intact, differentiated silkworm tissues.
- EUKARYOTIC GENE ISOLATION AND EXPRESSIONJohn Morrow; Fiscal Year: 1980We propose to learn whether putative transposable elements, which are repeated DNA sequences of Bombyx mori, have the sequence at one end duplicated at the other end...
- Gustatory and olfactory receptors of Anopheles gambiaeHugh Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work will also contribute to our overall understanding of the molecular basis of chemoreception in insects and other animals. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MARINER TRANSPOSONS OF MAMMALSHugh Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will also reveal how occasionally particular copies of transposons can become integral parts of their host genetic complements. ..
- EVOLUTION OF IMMUNE RECOGNITION AND EVASIONAustin L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, by increasing our understanding of the population diversity and evolutionary history of human immune system genes, this research will enhance our knowledge of human immune function in health and disease. ..
- Gene Duplication and Genome EvolutionAustin Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2004..5) Examining the role of transposable elements in duplication of genomic segments by testing for nonrandom association between these elements and putatively duplicated blocks in the yeast genome. ..
- Mosquito Immunity to AlphavirusesBrian Foy; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Characterize the mechanisms that Culex tritaeniorhynchus mosquitoes use to clear Sindbis virus-infected midgut cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSGENIC ENGINEERING OF AEDINE MOSQUITOESMalcolm Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide an exciting and much needed capability for significant enhancement of the basic research effort in mosquito genetics and physiology. ..
- Functional Characterization of Drosophila Odor ReceptorsELISSA HALLEM; Fiscal Year: 2005..The contribution of individual odor receptors to receptor neuron response properties will be examined, thus furthering our understanding of both olfactory coding and the molecular basis of odor-receptor interactions. ..
- INSECT HEME OXYGENASEBoris Dunkov; Fiscal Year: 2004..The organ specific expression will be studied in larvae and in female mosquitoes at various stages before and after blood feeding. ..
- Cocaine and monoamine transportersHOWARD GU; Fiscal Year: 2009..These compounds would be excellent drug candidates for the development of pharmacological treatment for cocaine addiction. ..
- HYBRID SILK AND METHOD OF PRODUCING THE SAMEPatent Number: JP2016017073-A; Date:2016-02-01
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS TO CONTROL INSECT PESTSPatent Number: WO2016043960-A1; Date:2016-03-24
- Novel Gene Specifically Expressed in the Posterior Silk Gland and Promoter TherofPatent Number: KR1020160000523-A; Date:2016-01-05
- Fibroin Heavy chain Core Promoter of Bombyx mori and the Vector ThereofPatent Number: KR1020160000516-A; Date:2016-01-05
- binary gene expression systemPatent Number: WO2016159110-A; Date:2016-10-06
- Juvenile hormone sensorPatent Number: JP2016161420-A; Date:2016-09-05
- Nucleic acids sequence of a cell death-inducible vector, and the transgenic silkmoth strains carrying the DNA fragment inducing tissue-specific cell deathPatent Number: WO2016125885-A; Date:2016-08-11
- Nucleic acids sequence of a cell death-inducible vector, and the transgenic silkmoth strains carrying the DNA fragment inducing tissue-specific cell deathPatent Number: JP2016144416-A; Date:2016-08-12
- female lethal strain of Bombyx moriPatent Number: WO2016076240-A; Date:2016-05-19
- female lethal strain of Bombyx moriPatent Number: JP2016093148-A; Date:2016-05-26
- METHODS OF DIFFERENTIATING STEM CELLS BY MODULATING MIR-124Patent Number: JP2016507218-A; Date:2016-03-10
- Enhancing agent for expressing exogenous genePatent Number: WO2015060159-A; Date:2015-04-30
- Exogenous gene expression system, marker for identifying transformant and transformantPatent Number: WO2015022971-A; Date:2015-02-19
- Protein FilamentPatent Number: JP2014198715-A; Date:2014-10-23
- Gene expression unit for posterior silkgland and transgenic silk insect having the samePatent Number: WO2014104269-A; Date:2014-07-03
- Sericin 1 mutant strain of Bombyx moriPatent Number: JP2015100326-A; Date:2015-06-04
- Promoter of Bombyx mori Driving High-Level ExpressionPatent Number: KR1020150056915-A; Date:2015-05-28
- Method and uses for Bombyx mori silk fibroin heavy chain gene mutation sequence and mutantPatent Number: JP2015518366-A; Date:2015-07-02
- Tetrahydroquinolines for Modulating the Expression of Exogenous Genes via an Ecdysone Receptor ComplexPatent Number: JP2006502977-A; Date:2006-01-26
- Signal peptidePatent Number: JP2007000120-A; Date:2007-01-11
- NUCLEIC ACID DIRECTING THE EXPRESSION OF A POLYPEPTIDE OF INTEREST IN THE POSTERIOR SERICIGENIC GLANDS OF A LEPIDOPTERAN AND ITSPatent Number: JP2006521802-A; Date:2006-09-28
- Method for the production of recombinant protein using the gene expression system of middle silk gland of the silkwormPatent Number: JP2006137739-A; Date:2006-06-01
- Polynucleotide for expression of recombinant protein in silk wormPatent Number: WO2006041225-A; Date:2006-04-20
- Nucleic acid accessible hybridization sitesPatent Number: WO0198537-A2; Date:2001-12-27
- Pheromone-producing plants and use thereofPatent Number: JP2007000119-A; Date:2007-01-11
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a gene encoding proteindisulfide isomerase from Bombyx mori Bm5 cell linePatent Number: KR1020010039221-A; Date:2001-07-02
- Process for production of physiologically activeproteins using recombinant silkwormPatent Number: KR1020067008102-A; Date:2006-04-27
- Method for production of TRACP5bPatent Number: KR1020090094391-A; Date:2009-09-04
- HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN 70 PROMOTER FOR SILKWORM TRANSFORMATION, PRIMERS FOR AMPLIFICATION THEROF, EXPRESSION VECTOR COMPRISING PROMOTER, SILKWORM TRANSFORMANT TRANSFORMED WITH EXPRESSION VECTOR AND PRODUCTION METHOD THEROFPatent Number: KR1020130006151-A; Date:2013-01-16
- Bacmid variantsPatent Number: WO2007029360-A; Date:2007-03-15
- Transgenic silkworms producing antibodies and use thereofPatent Number: WO2007046439-A; Date:2007-04-26
- Bacmid variantsPatent Number: JP2008086239-A; Date:2008-04-17
- A method for producing human prorenin receptorPatent Number: JP2008182905-A; Date:2008-08-14
- Silk fiber with increased chemical compounds-binding efficiencyPatent Number: JP2008245626-A; Date:2008-10-16
- Hydroxyapatite and silk fiber hybrid materialsPatent Number: JP2008255521-A; Date:2008-10-23
- Methods of preparing protein assembly comprising Laminin Coiled coil (LCC) domain heteropolymerPatent Number: JP2009207449-A; Date:2009-09-17
- Process for the production of a fine chemicalPatent Number: WO2008034648-A1; Date:2008-03-27
- Viral polyhedra complexes and methods of usePatent Number: JP2010520196-A; Date:2010-06-10
- Novel deoxynucleoside kinase enzyme variantsPatent Number: WO0188106-A2; Date:2001-11-22
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009037279-A1; Date:2009-03-26
- Viral polyhedra complexes and methods of usePatent Number: EP2121764-A1; Date:2009-11-25
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009037329-A2; Date:2009-03-26
- Novel protein and DNA encoding the samePatent Number: WO2002070688-A; Date:2002-09-12
- Mir-124 regulated genes and pathways as targets for therapeutic interventionPatent Number: WO2009070805-A1; Date:2009-06-04
- Mir-10 regulated genes and pathways as targets for therapeutic interventionPatent Number: WO2009086156-A2; Date:2009-07-09
- Process for the production of luteinPatent Number: EP2096177-A2; Date:2009-09-02
- An acy-CoA-binding protein specifically expressed in pheromone glandPatent Number: JP2003125770-A; Date:2003-05-07
- Analysis of nucleic acidsPatent Number: WO2009130480-A1; Date:2009-10-29
- Method for producing a transgenic plant cell, a plant or a part thereof with increased resistance biotic stressPatent Number: WO2010037714-A1; Date:2010-04-08
- Plants with increased yield (nue)Patent Number: WO2010046221-A1; Date:2010-04-29
- Process for the control of production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: EP2199304-A1; Date:2010-06-23
- Transposase, and use thereofPatent Number: JP2005046093-A; Date:2005-02-24
- Juvenile hormone acid methyltransferase gene and use thereofPatent Number: WO2004065604-A; Date:2004-08-05
- DNA that codes core alpha 1,3-fucosyltransferase, expression vector, genetically engineered organism, recombinant protein, and method for producing recombinant proteinPatent Number: JP2012029589-A; Date:2012-02-16
- Arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase gene and its applicationPatent Number: JP2013005740-A; Date:2013-01-10
- Transgenic silkworms producing antibodies and use thereofPatent Number: JP2013230155-A; Date:2013-11-14
- Compositions and methods for control of insect infestations in plantsPatent Number: EP2308971-A1; Date:2011-04-13
- Compositions and methods for control of insect infestations in plantsPatent Number: EP2402441-A1; Date:2012-01-04
- METHOD FOR PREVENTING OR TREATING MEMORY IMPAIRMENT AND PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITIONS USEFUL THEREFORPatent Number: WO2013017542-A1; Date:2013-02-07
- Chimeric keratin-binding effector proteinsPatent Number: WO2007060117-A2; Date:2007-05-31
- Polynucleotide for promoting foreign gene expressionPatent Number: JP2004344123-A; Date:2004-12-09
- A method for efficient expression of foreign genePatent Number: JP2005021089-A; Date:2005-01-27