Genomes and Genes
Alias: petunia, Petunia Juss.
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Biodiversity and new records of microfungi in the Ruhrarea (north Rhine Westfalia), GermanyNosrathollah Ale-Agha
Department of General Botany, University Duisburg Essen Universitätsstr 5, DE 45117 Essen, Germany
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 74:785-96. 2009..Oidium spec. on Dahlia variabilis (Willd.) Desf. (new for Germany), Oidium longipes Noordeloos & Loerak on Petunia hybrida Vilm., Oidium pedilanthi M. Yen on Pedilanthus titymaloides (L.) Poit, Oidium pedaliacearum H.D. Shin sp...
- The selective increase or decrease of organellar DNA in generative cells just after pollen mitosis one controls cytoplasmic inheritanceN Nagata
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Planta 209:53-65. 1999..Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh., Medicago sativa L., Musa acuminata Colla, Pelargonium zonale (L.) L'Hér, Petunia hybrida Vilm. and Rhododendron mucronatum (Blume) G...
- cDNA cloning, heterologous expressions, and functional characterization of malonyl-coenzyme a:anthocyanidin 3-o-glucoside-6"-o-malonyltransferase from dahlia flowersHirokazu Suzuki
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Aoba yama 07, Sendai 980 8579, Japan
Plant Physiol 130:2142-51. 2002..Dv3MaT cDNA was introduced into petunia (Petunia hybrida) plants whose red floral color is exclusively provided by cyanidin 3-O-glucoside and 3,5-O-..
- Isolation and characterization of hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide signals in black nightshade leavesGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Plant Physiol 150:1422-33. 2009..have orthologs in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum; NtpreproHypSys), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum; SlpreproHypSys), petunia (Petunia hybrida; PhpreproHypSys), potato (Solanum tuberosum; PhpreproHypSys), and sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas; ..
- Conservation, diversification and expansion of C2H2 zinc finger proteins in the Arabidopsis thaliana genomeClaudia C Englbrecht
GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut für Bioinformatik, Ingolstădter Landstrassel, D 85764 Neurherberg, Germany
BMC Genomics 5:39. 2004..Although the number of characterized plant proteins that carry the classical C2H2 zinc finger motifs is growing, a systematic classification and analysis of a plant genome zinc finger gene set is lacking...
- Tomato yellow leaf curl viruses: ménage à trois between the virus complex, the plant and the whitefly vectorJuan Antonio Díaz-Pendón
Instituto de Hortofruticultura Subtropical y Mediterránea La Mayora, Universidad de Málaga Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas IHSM UMA CSIC, Estacion Experimental La Mayora, 29750 Algarrobo Costa, Malaga, Spain
Mol Plant Pathol 11:441-50. 2010....
- Cell cycle regulation by plant growth regulators: involvement of auxin and cytokinin in the re-entry of Petunia protoplasts into the cell cycleC Trehin
Institut de Biotechnologie des Plantes, CNRS ERS 569, Universite de Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Planta 206:215-24. 1998..2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) and N6-benzyladenine (BA) were investigated using mesophyll protoplasts of Petunia hybrida, cultivated in either complete medium or in medium deficient in cytokinin, auxin or both...
- A novel MADS-box gene subfamily with a sister-group relationship to class B floral homeotic genesA Becker
Department of Molecular Plant Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Breeding Research, Koln, Germany
Mol Genet Genomics 266:942-50. 2002..In addition, MADS-box genes from the basal angiosperm Asarum europaeum and the eudicot Petunia hybrida were identified as B(s) genes...
- The Skp1-like protein SSK1 is required for cross-pollen compatibility in S-RNase-based self-incompatibilityLan Zhao
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences and National Center for Plant Gene Research, Beijing 100190, China
Plant J 62:52-63. 2010..However, the precise role of SLF remains largely unknown. Here we report that PhSSK1 (Petunia hybrida SLF-interacting Skp1-like1), an equivalent of AhSSK1 of Antirrhinum hispanicum, is expressed specifically ..
- Transcriptomic and reverse genetic analyses of branched-chain fatty acid and acyl sugar production in Solanum pennellii and Nicotiana benthamianaStephen P Slocombe
Department of Biology, Area 7, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 148:1830-46. 2008..and (2) alpha-keto acid elongation-mediated one-carbon increments in several tobacco (Nicotiana) species and a Petunia species...
- Transcriptional control of anthocyanin biosynthetic genes in the CaryophyllalesSetsuko Shimada
Department of Biology, Ochanomizu University, 2 1 1 Otsuka, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 112 8610 Japan
J Exp Bot 58:957-67. 2007..A yeast one-hybrid assay showed that Petunia hybrida AN2 (PhAN2) and JAF13 (PhJAF13), which were the regulators of anthocyanin synthesis in P...
- Biosynthesis of 5-deoxyflavanones in microorganismsYajun Yan
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Biotechnol J 2:1250-62. 2007..4-coumarate:coenzyme A ligase from Petroselinum crispum, chalcone synthases (CHS) from Medicago sativa and Petunia x hybrida and chalcone reductase and chalcone isomerase from M. sativa...
- The lack of floral synthesis and emission of isoeugenol in Petunia axillaris subsp. parodii is due to a mutation in the isoeugenol synthase geneTakao Koeduka
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, 830 North University Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1048, USA
Plant J 58:961-9. 2009Floral scent has been extensively investigated in plants of the South American genus Petunia. Flowers of Petunia integrifolia emit mostly benzaldehyde, while flowers of Petunia axillaris subsp...
- Identification of the soybean hull allergens involved in sensitization to soybean dust in a rural population from Argentina and N-terminal sequence of a major 50 KD allergenR Codina
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine and James A Haley V A Hospital, Tampa, Florida 33612 4745, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1059-63. 2002..5) skin prick test to SH; and (ii) determine the N-terminal amino acid sequence of a major 50 K SH allergen that sensitizes this population...
- Characterization and genetic diversity of potato yellow mosaic virus from the CaribbeanC Urbino
CIRAD INRA URPV, Domaine Duclos, Petit Bourg, Guadeloupe
Arch Virol 149:417-24. 2004..Capsicum annuum, Datura stramonium, Nicotiana benthamiana, N. tabacum 'Xanthi NC', Petunia hybrida, and Solanum tuberosum were found to be hosts...
- Oidium neolycopersici: intraspecific variability inferred from amplified fragment length polymorphism analysis and relationship with closely related powdery mildew fungi infecting various plant speciesT Jankovics
Plant Protection Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 1525 Budapest, P O Box 102, Hungary
Phytopathology 98:529-40. 2008..neolycopersici which infected S. alboroseum, tobacco, petunia, and Arabidopsis thaliana, in addition to tomato, in cross-inoculation tests...
- Overexpression of PhEXPA1 increases cell size, modifies cell wall polymer composition and affects the timing of axillary meristem development in Petunia hybridaSara Zenoni
Department of Biotechnology, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15, 37134 Verona, Italy
New Phytol 191:662-77. 2011..The involvement of the Petunia hybrida expansin A1 (PhEXPA1) gene in cell expansion, the control of organ size and cell wall polysaccharide ..
- Identification and functional analysis of pistil self-incompatibility factor HT-B of PetuniaAlejandro Raul Puerta
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, 648 Matsudo, Matsudo, Chiba 271 8510, Japan
J Exp Bot 60:1309-18. 2009..Here, HT-B was cloned from Petunia and characterized...
- FALSIFLORA, the tomato orthologue of FLORICAULA and LEAFY, controls flowering time and floral meristem identityN Molinero-Rosales
Departamento de Biologia Aplicada, Area de Genetica, Universidad de Almeria, 04120 Almeria, Spain
Plant J 20:685-93. 1999..predicted to encode a protein sharing 90% identity with NFL1 and ALF, the FLO/LFY-like proteins in Nicotiana and Petunia, and about 80 and 70% identity with either FLO or LFY...
- A visual reporter system for virus-induced gene silencing in tomato fruit based on anthocyanin accumulationDiego Orzaez
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Plantas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Plant Physiol 150:1122-34. 2009..tomato homolog of the ODORANT1 gene encoding a myb transcription factor, which regulates benzenoid metabolism in petunia (Petunia hybrida) flowers, resulted in a sharp accumulation of benzaldehyde in tomato fruit...
- A bHLH regulatory gene in the common morning glory, Ipomoea purpurea, controls anthocyanin biosynthesis in flowers, proanthocyanidin and phytomelanin pigmentation in seeds, and seed trichome formationKyeung Il Park
National Institute for Basic Biology, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Plant J 49:641-54. 2007..Although the I. purpurea bHLH2 gene is the most closely related to the petunia AN1 gene, whose mutation is known to confer white flowers and to be deficient in acidification of their vacuoles, ..
- Light-induced vegetative anthocyanin pigmentation in PetuniaNick W Albert
New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, Private Bag 11 600, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Exp Bot 60:2191-202. 2009The Lc petunia system, which displays enhanced, light-induced vegetative pigmentation, was used to investigate how high light affects anthocyanin biosynthesis, and to assess the effects of anthocyanin pigmentation upon photosynthesis...
- Matrix attachment regions (MARs) enhance transformation frequencies and reduce variance of transgene expression in barleyKlaus Petersen
Department of Plant Biology and Biogeochemistry, Risoe National Laboratory, Roskilde, Denmark
Plant Mol Biol 49:45-58. 2002..Competitive in vitro MAR binding assays with the 520 bp P1-MAR from soybean and the 516 bp TBS-MAR from petunia revealed that only the P1-MAR had specific binding affinity for barley nuclear matrices...
- Functional characterization of enzymes forming volatile esters from strawberry and bananaJules Beekwilder
Plant Research International, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 135:1865-78. 2004..and to assess the potential for metabolic engineering of ester production, we generated transgenic petunia (Petunia hybrida) plants overexpressing the SAAT gene...
- Lateral CO2 diffusion inside dicotyledonous leaves can be substantial: quantification in different light intensitiesJames I L Morison
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Colchester, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 145:680-90. 2007..and dwarf bean [Phaseolus vulgaris]; and three species without bundle sheath extensions, faba bean [Vicia faba], petunia [Petunia hybrida], and tobacco [Nicotiana tabacum])...
- Relationship between petal abscission and programmed cell death in Prunus yedoensis and Delphinium belladonnaTetsuya Yamada
National Institute of Floricultural Science, 305 8519 Ibaraki, Japan
Planta 226:1195-205. 2007..h at 60 degrees C) of petals severed at the time of flower opening, and in dehydrated petals of Ipomoea nil and Petunia hybrida, severed at the time of flower opening...
- Biochemical models for S-RNase-based self-incompatibilityZhi Hua Hua
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Mol Plant 1:575-85. 2008..Lastly, we summarize the results from our recent biochemical studies of PiSLF (Petunia inflata SLF) and S-RNase, and present a new model for the biochemical mechanism of SI in the Solanaceae...
- Efficient virus-induced gene silencing in plants using a modified geminivirus DNA1 componentChangjun Huang
Statel Key Laboratory of Rice Biology, Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Plant Biotechnol J 7:254-65. 2009..A gene-silencing system in Nicotiana spp., Solanum lycopersicum and Petunia hybrida plants was then established using TYLCCNV and the modified DNA1 vector...
- Arabidopsis homologs of the petunia hairy meristem gene are required for maintenance of shoot and root indeterminacyEric M Engstrom
Biology Department, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia 23187 8795, USA
Plant Physiol 155:735-50. 2011..The Petunia hybrida HAIRY MERISTEM (HAM) gene, a member of the GRAS family of transcriptional regulators, promotes shoot ..
- [Cloning and sequencing of ACC oxidase gene from sugarcane]Zi Zhang Wang
College of Agronomy, Guangxi University, Nanning 530005, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 30:62-9. 2003..from rice clustered together firstly, and then came those from banana, ACC oxidases of dicot from potato, tomato, petunia, melon, Arabidopsis thaliana and carnation came subsequently...
- Three hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptides derived from a single petunia polyprotein precursor activate defensin I, a pathogen defense response geneGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
J Biol Chem 282:17777-84. 2007..We have isolated a cDNA from petunia (Petunia hybrida) leaves encoding a putative protein of 214 amino acids that is a homolog of tobacco and tomato ..
- Promoter activity of a putative pollen monosaccharide transporter in Petunia hybrida and characterisation of a transposon insertion mutantD Garrido
Department of Cell Biology, Centre for Plant Breeding and Reproduction Research, Dienst Landbouwkundig Onderzoek, Plant Research International, Wageningen
Protoplasma 228:3-11. 2006..From Petunia hybrida a pollen-specific putative monosaccharide transporter designated PMT1 (for petunia monosaccharide ..
- Interaction study of MADS-domain proteins in tomatoCharles H Leseberg
Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115, USA
J Exp Bot 59:2253-65. 2008..Compared with Arabidopsis and petunia (Petunia hybrida), protein interaction patterns in tomato displayed both conservation and divergence...
- Systemin, hydroxyproline-rich systemin and the induction of protease inhibitorsGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Curr Protein Pept Sci 12:399-408. 2011..However, HypSys peptides isolated from petunia induced the defensin gene, known for its involvement in pathogen defense...
- Galactose metabolism in cell walls of opening and senescing petunia petalsErin M O'Donoghue
New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, New Zealand
Planta 229:709-21. 2009Galactose was the major non-cellulosic neutral sugar present in the cell walls of 'Mitchell' petunia (Petunia axillaris x P. axillaris x P. hybrida) flower petals...
- A novel method of supplying nutrients permits predictable shoot growth and root : shoot ratios of pre-transplant bedding plantsDuncan J Greenwood
Warwick HRI, Warwick University, Wellesbourne, Warwick CV35 9EF, UK
Ann Bot 99:171-82. 2007..The object of the study was to find a way of modifying the nutrient supply so that good-quality seedlings can be grown rapidly and yet have the high root : shoot ratios essential for efficient transplanting...
- A petunia mutant affected in intracellular accommodation and morphogenesis of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungiSekhara Reddy D M R
Plant Biology, Department of Biology, University of Fribourg, Rte Albert Gockel 3, CH 1700, Fribourg, Switzerland
Plant J 51:739-50. 2007..To get further insight in the regulation of the AM symbiosis, a transposon-mutagenized population of Petunia hybrida was screened for mutants with defects in AM development...
- Phylogenetic analysis of Petunia sensu Jussieu (Solanaceae) using chloroplast DNA RFLPToshio Ando
Faculty of Horticulture, Chiba University, 648 Matsudo, Matsudo, Chiba 271 8510, Japan
Ann Bot 96:289-97. 2005The phylogenetic relationships of Petunia sensu Jussieu (Petunia sensu Wijsman plus Calibrachoa) are unclear. This study aimed to resolve this uncertainty using molecular evidence.
- Transcriptional regulation of the Arabidopsis thaliana chalcone synthase geneR L Feinbaum
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Mol Cell Biol 8:1985-92. 1988..hortense, Antirrhinum majus, and Petunia hybrida. Southern blot analysis indicated that CHS is a single-copy gene in A. thaliana...
- Identification of the flavonoid hydroxylases from grapevine and their regulation during fruit developmentJochen Bogs
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, Plant Industry, Horticulture Unit, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064, Australia
Plant Physiol 140:279-91. 2006..Functionality of the genes VvF3'H and VvF3'5'H1 was demonstrated by ectopic expression in petunia (Petunia hybrida), which altered flower color and flavonoid composition as expected...
- Pattern formation in the monocot embryo as revealed by NAM and CUC3 orthologues from Zea mays LRoman Zimmermann
Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Gyrhofstr 17, D 50923, Koln, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 58:669-85. 2005..that members of the NAC gene family of plant-specific transcription factors such as NO APICAL MERISTEM (NAM) from Petunia or the CUP-SHAPED COTYLEDON (CUC) genes from Arabidopsis contribute essential functions to the establishment of ..
- Activation of anthocyanin biosynthesis in Gerbera hybrida (Asteraceae) suggests conserved protein-protein and protein-promoter interactions between the anciently diverged monocots and eudicotsPaula Elomaa
Department of Applied Biology, PO Box 27, University of Helsinki, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
Plant Physiol 133:1831-42. 2003..is phylogenetically grouped together with the previously characterized regulators of anthocyanin pigmentation in petunia (Petunia hybrida) and Arabidopsis...
- Structure and expression of three genes encoding ACC oxidase homologs from melon (Cucumis melo L.)E Lasserre
Laboratoire Ethylène et Mécanismes Moléculaires de la Maturation des Fruits UA INRA, Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique de Toulouse, France
Mol Gen Genet 251:81-90. 1996..These three genes have close homology to PH-ACO3, a member of the ACC oxidase multigene family of petunia. The predicted amino acid sequences of CM-ACO1 and CM-ACO3 are 77% to 81% identical to those encoded by the ..
- Is the flower fluorescence relevant in biocommunication?Analia Iriel
INQUIMAE Dpto de Química Inorgánica, Analítica y Qca Física, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, Pabellon II, 1er piso, C1428EHA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Naturwissenschaften 97:915-24. 2010..thyrsoides (petals and ovaries), Limonium sinuatum (white and yellow), Lampranthus productus (yellow), Petunia nyctaginiflora (white), Bougainvillea spectabilis (white and yellow), Antirrhinum majus (white and yellow), ..
- Cooperative activity of DNA methyltransferases for maintenance of symmetrical and non-symmetrical cytosine methylation in Arabidopsis thalianaAnuradha Singh
Centre for Plant Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS29JT, UK
Plant J 56:814-23. 2008..RPS, a repetitive hypermethylated DNA fragment from Petunia hybrida, attracts DNA methylation when transferred into Petunia or other species...
- Biosynthesis of t-anethole in anise: characterization of t-anol/isoeugenol synthase and an O-methyltransferase specific for a C7-C8 propenyl side chainTakao Koeduka
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1048, USA
Plant Physiol 149:384-94. 2009..The AIS1 protein is 59% identical to petunia (Petunia hybrida) isoeugenol synthase 1 and displays apparent Km values of 145 microm for coumaryl acetate and ..
- TRANSPARENT TESTA 19 is involved in the accumulation of both anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins in ArabidopsisSatoshi Kitamura
Department of Ion Beam Applied Biology, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute, 1233 Watanuki machi, Takasaki, Gunma 370 1292, Japan
Plant J 37:104-14. 2004..Heterologous expression of a putative ortholog, petunia anthocyanin 9 (AN9), in tt19 complemented the anthocyanin accumulation but not the brown pigmentation in the seed ..
- Characterization of flavonol synthase and leucoanthocyanidin dioxygenase genes in Arabidopsis. Further evidence for differential regulation of "early" and "late" genesM K Pelletier
Department of Biology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061 0406, USA
Plant Physiol 113:1437-45. 1997..EST 153O10T7 was used to isolate a genomic clone encoding a protein with 59 to 61% sequence identity to petunia (Petunia hybrida) and potato (Solanum tuberosum) FLS...
- The transcription factor EMISSION OF BENZENOIDS II activates the MYB ODORANT1 promoter at a MYB binding site specific for fragrant petuniasAlex Van Moerkercke
Department of Plant Physiology, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plant J 67:917-28. 2011Fragrance production in petunia flowers is highly regulated...
- The role of ABCG-type ABC transporters in phytohormone transportLorenzo Borghi
Institute of Plant Biology and Microbiology, University Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Biochem Soc Trans 43:924-30. 2015..Pleiotropic drug resistance1 (PDR1) from Petunia hybrida transports strigolactones (SLs) from the root tip to the plant shoot but also outside to the rhizosphere, ..
- A pentatricopeptide repeat-containing gene restores fertility to cytoplasmic male-sterile plantsStephane Bentolila
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, 323 Biotechnology Building, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10887-92. 2002..The Petunia restorer of fertility gene product is a mitochondrially targeted protein that is almost entirely composed of 14 ..
- Novel anther-specific myb genes from tobacco as putative regulators of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase expressionS Yang
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1, Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, Taejon, Korea
Plant Physiol 126:1738-53. 2001Two cDNA clones (NtmybAS1 and NtmybAS2) encoding MYB-related proteins with strong sequence similarity to petunia (Petunia hybrida) PhMYB3 were isolated from a tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum cv Samsun) pollen cDNA library...
- Molecular characterization of an anthocyanin-related glutathione S-transferase gene in cyclamenSatoshi Kitamura
Quantum Beam Science Directorate, Japan Atomic Energy Agency, 1233 Watanuki, Takasaki, Gunma 370 1292, Japan
J Plant Physiol 169:636-42. 2012..Phylogenetic analysis indicated that CkmGST3 was closely related to PhAN9, an anthocyanin-related GST of petunia, and this clade was clustered with other known anthocyanin-related GSTs...
- Validation of Aintegumenta as a gene to modify floral size in ornamental plantsMaría Manchado-Rojo
Genetics, ETSIA, Instituto de Biotecnología Vegetal, Universidad Politecnica de Cartagena, Cartagena, Spain
Plant Biotechnol J 12:1053-65. 2014..of AtANT as a tool to modify floral size in two different plants used as model organisms and ornamental crops, Petunia × hybrida and Antirrhinum majus...
- Viral sequences integrated into plant genomesGlyn Harper
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, United Kingdom
Annu Rev Phytopathol 40:119-36. 2002..Integrants of three pararetroviruses, Banana streak virus (BSV), Tobacco vein clearing virus (TVCV), and Petunia vein clearing virus (PVCV), can generate episomal infections in certain hybrid plant hosts in response to stress...
- Enhancement of heavy metal accumulation by tissue specific co-expression of iaaM and ACC deaminase genes in plantsYong Zhang
Wuhan Institute of Virology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xiaohongshan 44, Wuchang District, Wuhan 430071, China
Chemosphere 72:564-71. 2008..Transgenic petunia shoots co-expressing both genes were able to root on medium supplemented with 7.5 mg l(-1) CoCl2...
- A model system for comparative research: PetuniaTom Gerats
IWWR, Plant Genetics, Radboud University, Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Trends Plant Sci 10:251-6. 2005..Here we present Petunia as one of the available systems: as a representative of the Solanaceae it has the advantages of good culture ..
- Distribution of indole-3-acetic acid in Petunia hybrida shoot tip cuttings and relationship between auxin transport, carbohydrate metabolism and adventitious root formationAmir H Ahkami
Institute of Biological Chemistry IBC, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6340, USA
Planta 238:499-517. 2013..of polar auxin transport (PAT) to auxin accumulation and to adventitious root (AR) formation in the stem base of Petunia hybrida shoot tip cuttings, the level of indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) was monitored in non-treated cuttings and ..
- Interlinking showy traits: co-engineering of scent and colour biosynthesis in flowersMichal Moyal Ben Zvi
The Institute of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture, Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Plant Biotechnol J 6:403-15. 2008..to regulate the production of non-volatile phenylpropanoids, including anthocyanins, was stably introduced into Petunia hybrida...
- Cellular effects of olomoucine, an inhibitor of cyclin-dependent kinasesR T Abraham
Mayo Clinic, Department of Immunology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Biol Cell 83:105-20. 1995..It blocks Fucus zygote cleavage and development of Laminaria gametophytes. Stimulated Petunia mesophyl protoplasts are arrested in G1 by olomoucine. By arresting cleavage it blocks the Laminaria gametophytes...
- Ethylene insensitivity does not increase leaf area or relative growth rate in Arabidopsis, Nicotiana tabacum, and Petunia x hybridaDanny Tholen
Plant Ecophysiology, Utrecht University, 3584 CA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 134:1803-12. 2004..In this detailed study of the vegetative growth of Arabidopsis, Nicotiana tabacum, and Petunia x hybrida plants, we show that ethylene insensitivity does not result in an increased total leaf area or relative ..
- LOOSE FLOWER, a WUSCHEL-like Homeobox gene, is required for lateral fusion of floral organs in Medicago truncatulaLifang Niu
Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, Institute for Agricultural Biosciences, Oklahoma State University, 3210 Sam Noble Parkway, Ardmore, OK, 73401, USA Biotechnology Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, 100081, China
Plant J 81:480-92. 2015The Medicago truncatula WOX gene, STENOFOLIA (STF), and its orthologs in Petunia, pea, and Nicotiana sylvestris are required for leaf blade outgrowth and floral organ development as demonstrated by severe phenotypes in single mutants...
- Reverse genetics of floral scent: application of tobacco rattle virus-based gene silencing in PetuniaBen Spitzer
Robert H Smith Institute of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Plant Physiol 145:1241-50. 2007..One candidate is petunia (Petunia hybrida), which has emerged as a convenient model system, and both RNAi and overexpression approaches ..
- Two R2R3-MYB genes, homologs of Petunia AN2, regulate anthocyanin biosyntheses in flower Tepals, tepal spots and leaves of asiatic hybrid lilyMasumi Yamagishi
Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8589 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 51:463-74. 2010..Analysis of the deduced amino acid sequences indicated they have homology with petunia AN2, homologous sequences of which had not been isolated in species of monocots...
- Unilateral incompatibility in Capsicum (Solanaceae): occurrence and taxonomic distributionA Naci Onus
Department of Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, Akdeniz University, 07059 Antalya, Turkey
Ann Bot 94:289-95. 2004..been studied most intensively, are found in the Solanaceae, particularly Lycopersicon, Solanum, Nicotiana and Petunia. The genus Capsicum is evolutionarily somewhat distant from Lycopersicon and Solanum and even further removed ..
- Members of an R2R3-MYB transcription factor family in Petunia are developmentally and environmentally regulated to control complex floral and vegetative pigmentation patterningNick W Albert
New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, Private Bag 11 600, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Plant J 65:771-84. 2011We present an investigation of anthocyanin regulation over the entire petunia plant, determining the mechanisms governing complex floral pigmentation patterning and environmentally induced vegetative anthocyanin synthesis...
- Isolation of an RNA-directed RNA polymerase-specific cDNA clone from tomatoW Schiebel
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abteilung Viroidforschung, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Plant Cell 10:2087-101. 1998..DNA gel blot analysis revealed a single copy of the RdRP gene in tomato. RdRP homologs from petunia, Arabidopsis, tobacco, and wheat were identified by using polymerase chain reaction...
- Tight genetic linkage of prezygotic barrier loci creates a multifunctional speciation island in PetuniaKatrin Hermann
Institute of Plant Sciences, University of Bern, Altenbergrain 21, 3013 Bern, Switzerland
Curr Biol 23:873-7. 2013..Here we describe the tight genetic linkage of loci specifying five major pollination syndrome traits in the genus Petunia: visible color, UV absorption, floral scent production, pistil length, and stamen length...
- Characterization of MORE AXILLARY GROWTH genes in PopulusOlaf Czarnecki
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e102757. 2014..Studies of branching mutants in Arabidopsis, pea, rice and petunia have identified several key genes involved in strigolactone biosynthesis or signaling pathway...
- Methylation of gibberellins by Arabidopsis GAMT1 and GAMT2Marina Varbanova
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, An Arbor, Michigan 48109 1048, USA
Plant Cell 19:32-45. 2007..Ectopic expression of GAMT1 or GAMT2 in Arabidopsis, tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum), and petunia (Petunia hybrida) resulted in plants with GA deficiency and typical GA deficiency phenotypes, such as dwarfism ..
- A morphological study of the Petunia integrifolia complex (Solanaceae)Toshio Ando
Faculty of Horticulture, Chiba University, 648 Matsudo, Matsudo City, Chiba 271 8510, Japan
Ann Bot 96:887-900. 2005b>Petunia inflata has been treated taxonomically in various ways: it has been described as an independent species, treated as a synonym of P. integrifolia, and also regarded as a subspecies of P. integrifolia...
- Characterization of a chalcone synthase (CHS) flower-specific promoter from Lilium orential 'Sorbonne'Yali Liu
College of Forestry, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, 712100, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Plant Cell Rep 30:2187-94. 2011..promoter was fused to the β-glucuronidase (GUS) gene to characterize its spatial and temporal expression in Petunia hybrida 'Dreams Midnight' using an Agrobacterium-mediated leaf disc transformation method...
- Isolation and characterization of a flavonoid 3'-hydroxylase cDNA clone corresponding to the Ht1 locus of Petunia hybridaF Brugliera
Florigene Ltd, Collingwood, Victoria, Australia
Plant J 19:441-51. 1999We have isolated a cDNA clone that corresponds to the Ht1 locus of petunia which controls the hydroxylation of dihydrokaempferol to dihydroquercetin and of naringenin to eriodictyol by the action of flavonoid 3'-hydroxylase (F3'H)...
- Molecular characterization and infectivity of Papaya leaf curl China virus infecting tomato in ChinaHui Zhang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology of Crop Pathogens and Insects of Ministry of Agriculture, Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 11:109-14. 2010..tabacum Samsun, N. glutinosa, Solanum lycopersicum and Petunia hybrida plants, which induced severe leaf curling and crinkling symptoms in these plants...
- Involvement of snapdragon benzaldehyde dehydrogenase in benzoic acid biosynthesisMichael C Long
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Plant J 59:256-65. 2009..recombinant protein, molecular homology modeling, in vivo stable isotope labeling, and transient expression in petunia flowers reveal that BALDH is capable of oxidizing benzaldehyde to BA in vivo...
- Petunia-shaped superstructures of CaCO3 aggregates modulated by modified chitosanPo Liang
State Key Laboratory of Polymer Physics and Chemistry, Joint Laboratory of Polymer Science and Materials, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Langmuir 20:10444-8. 2004..substitution shows no surface activity, it controls the crystallization of calcium carbonate to form a petunia-shaped superstructure...
- Evaluation of various species demarcation criteria in attempts to classify ten new tombusvirus isolatesR Koenig
c o Biologische Bundesanstalt für Land und Forstwirtschaft BBA, Institut für Pflanzenvirologie, Mikrobiologie und biologische Sicherheit, Braunschweig, Germany
Arch Virol 149:1733-44. 2004..be classified as strains or variants of either Carnation Italian ringspot virus, Grapevine Algerian latent virus, Petunia asteroid mosaic virus or Sikte waterborne virus, respectively, whereas the 9th isolate (Lim 2) appears to ..
- Modulation of flower colour by rationally designed dominant-negative chalcone synthaseMamatha Hanumappa
Kumho Life and Environmental Science Laboratory, Gwangju, Korea
J Exp Bot 58:2471-8. 2007..Also, the modulation of Petunia flower colour intensity by the dominant-negative CHS is shown...
- Molecular physiology of adventitious root formation in Petunia hybrida cuttings: involvement of wound response and primary metabolismAmir H Ahkami
Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Gatersleben, Germany
New Phytol 181:613-25. 2009Adventitious root formation (ARF) in the model plant Petunia hybrida cv. Mitchell has been analysed in terms of anatomy, gene expression, enzymatic activities and levels of metabolites...
- Small RNA analysis in Petunia hybrida identifies unusual tissue-specific expression patterns of conserved miRNAs and of a 24mer RNAPhilip Tedder
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The University of Leeds, Leeds LS29JT, United Kingdom
RNA 15:1012-20. 2009Two pools of small RNAs were cloned from inflorescences of Petunia hybrida using a 5'-ligation dependent and a 5'-ligation independent approach...
- Tobacco ZFT1, a transcriptional repressor with a Cys2/His2 type zinc finger motif that functions in spermine-signaling pathwayYukiko Uehara
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, 2 1 1 Katahira, 980 8577, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Plant Mol Biol 59:435-48. 2005..The ZFT1 protein has two zinc finger motifs and shows a high degree of similarity to ZPT2-3 in petunia and SCOF1 in soybean...
- Circadian Rhythms in Floral Scent EmissionMyles P Fenske
Department of Biology, University of Washington, Seattle WA, USA
Front Plant Sci 7:462. 2016..In Petunia hybrida, the floral volatile benzenoid/phenylpropanoid (FVBP) pathway is the major metabolic pathway that ..
- Deep sequencing reveals the complete genome and evidence for transcriptional activity of the first virus-like sequences identified in Aristotelia chilensis (Maqui Berry)Javier Villacreses
Centro de Genómica y Bioinformática, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Mayor, Santiago 8580000, Chile
Viruses 7:1685-99. 2015..ORFs 1 and 2 shares 66%-73% amino acid similarity with members of the Caulimoviridae virus family, especially the Petunia vein clearing virus (PVCV), Petuvirus genus...
- The D-lineage MADS-box gene OsMADS13 controls ovule identity in riceLudovico Dreni
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
Plant J 52:690-9. 2007Genes that control ovule identity were first identified in Petunia. Co-suppression of both FLORAL BINDING PROTEIN 7 (FBP7) and FBP11, two D-lineage genes, resulted in the homeotic transformation of ovules into carpelloid structures...
- Undesired small RNAs originate from an artificial microRNA precursor in transgenic petunia (Petunia hybrida)Yulong Guo
Chongqing Engineering Research Center for Floriculture, Key Laboratory of Horticulture Science for Southern Mountainous Regions, Ministry of Education, College of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Southwest University, Chongqing, China
PLoS ONE 9:e98783. 2014..based on the Arabidopsis miR319a precursor, was expressed in order to suppress the expression of CHS genes in petunia. The transgenic plants showed the CHS gene-silencing phenotype...
- Developmentally regulated expression of two MADS-box genes, MdMADS3 and MdMADS4, in the morphogenesis of flower buds and fruits in appleS K Sung
Department of Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea
Planta 210:519-28. 2000..Both MdMADS3 and MdMADS4 showed high sequence similarities to FBP2 from petunia, TM5 from tomato, and AGL2, AGL4 from Arabidopsis...
- Digalactosyldiacylglycerol is a major glycolipid in floral organs of Petunia hybridaYuki Nakamura
Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226 8501, Japan
Lipids 38:1107-12. 2003..of glycolipids and their biosynthetic activities in flowers, we carried out a series of analytical studies with Petunia hybrida...
- Non-food/feed seeds as biofactories for the high-yield production of recombinant pharmaceuticalsFrancesca Morandini
Department of Biotechnology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Plant Biotechnol J 9:911-21. 2011..designed for direct subcloning by Gateway® recombination was developed and tested in Arabidopsis, tobacco and petunia plants for the production of a chimeric form (GAD67/65) of the 65 kDa isoform of glutamic acid decarboxylase (..
- RNA silencing in white petunia flowers creates pigmentation patterns invisible to the human eyeKiyoshi Matsubara
Center for Environment, Health and Field Sciences, Chiba University, 6 2 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 0882, Japan
J Plant Physiol 169:920-3. 2012..In this study, we present a petunia cultivar that exhibits a floral pattern that is invisible to humans but is possibly visible to pollinating ..
- Nonsense mutation of an MYB transcription factor is associated with purple-blue flower color in soybeanRyoji Takahashi
National Institute of Crop Science, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8518 Japan
J Hered 102:458-63. 2011..GmMYB-G20-1 had 53.7% similarity in amino acid sequence with the PH4 gene of petunia controlling blueness and vacuolar pH of flower petals...
- Pollen proteins bind to the C-terminal domain of Nicotiana alata pistil arabinogalactan proteinsChristopher B Lee
Divisions of Biological Sciences, Interdisciplinary Plant Group, Christopher S Bond Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biol Chem 283:26965-73. 2008..SBP1 from Petunia hybrida and Solanum chacoense is a putative E3 ubiquitin ligase that binds to S-RNase and other proteins...
- Immunocytochemical evidence of calreticulin-like protein in pollen tubes and styles of Petunia hybrida HortM Lenartowska
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Institute of General and Molecular Biology, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland
Protoplasma 219:23-30. 2002..raised against calreticulin (CRT) the locations where the protein occurs in unpollinated and pollinated styles of Petunia hybrida were localized. The epitopes binding the CRT antibody were immunolocalized preferentially in pollen tubes...
- The genetics of reproductive organ morphology in two Petunia species with contrasting pollination syndromesKatrin Hermann
Institute of Plant Sciences, Altenbergrain 21, 3013, Bern, Switzerland
Planta 241:1241-54. 2015..The two Petunia species, P. axillaris and P. exserta, display pollination syndromes adapted to moth or hummingbird pollination...
- The A locus that controls anthocyanin accumulation in pepper encodes a MYB transcription factor homologous to Anthocyanin2 of PetuniaYelena Borovsky
Department of Plant Genetics and Breeding, Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, P O Box 6, 50250, Bet Dagan, Israel
Theor Appl Genet 109:23-9. 2004..5226 (purple-fruited) and PI 159234 (green-fruited) to a region that corresponds, in tomato, to the location of Petunia anthocyanin 2 ( An2), a regulator of anthocyanin biosynthesis...
- Induction of lateral root structure formation on petunia roots: A novel effect of GMI1000 Ralstonia solanacearum infection impaired in Hrp mutantsLena Zolobowska
Department of Plant Systems Biology, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Ghent University, Technologiepark 927, B 9052 Ghent, Belgium
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 19:597-606. 2006..solanacearum GMI1000 and Hrp mutants on the root system of petunia plants...
- Contribution of WUSCHEL-related homeobox (WOX) genes to identify the phylogenetic relationships among Petunia speciesAna Lúcia Anversa Segatto
Laboratory of Molecular Evolution, Department of Genetics, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Genet Mol Biol 39:658-664. 2016..In this study, we characterized the infrageneric genetic variation of Petunia WOX genes...
- Fructose sensitivity is suppressed in Arabidopsis by the transcription factor ANAC089 lacking the membrane-bound domainPing Li
Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institute for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3436-41. 2011..using map-based cloning approach, and FSQ6 was shown to encode the transcription factor gene Arabidopsis NAC (petunia No apical meristem and Arabidopsis transcription activation factor 1, 2 and Cup-shaped cotyledon 2) domain ..
- CCoAOMT Down-Regulation Activates Anthocyanin Biosynthesis in PetuniaNur Fariza M Shaipulah
Department of Plant Physiology, University of Amsterdam, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, 1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands N F M S, A V M, A A R, M A H, R C S Pusat Pengajian Sains Marin dan Sekitaran, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, 21030 Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia N F M S Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2063 J K M, B D W, N D andHorticulture and Product Physiology, Plant Sciences Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, the Netherlands 6700 AA J C V
Plant Physiol 170:717-31. 2016Anthocyanins and volatile phenylpropenes (isoeugenol and eugenol) in petunia (Petunia hybrida) flowers have the precursor 4-coumaryl coenzyme A (CoA) in common. These phenolics are produced at different stages during flower development...
- EOBII controls flower opening by functioning as a general transcriptomic switchThomas A Colquhoun
Department of Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Plant Physiol 156:974-84. 2011..Recently an R2R3-MYB was identified in Petunia x hybrida line P720 to have a role in the transcriptional regulation of floral volatile production...
- Brassinosteroid biosynthesis and signalling in Petunia hybridaNathalie Verhoef
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Section Genetics, VU University, De Boelelaan 1085, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Exp Bot 64:2435-48. 2013..Here a forward genetics strategy was used in Petunia hybrida, by which 19 families with phenotypic alterations typical for BR deficiency mutants were identified...
- Physical interaction between RRS1-R, a protein conferring resistance to bacterial wilt, and PopP2, a type III effector targeted to the plant nucleusLaurent Deslandes
Max Planck Institut fur Zuchtungsforschung, Abteilung Biochemie, Carl von Linne Weg 10, D 50829 Cologne, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8024-9. 2003..and PopP1, another member of the YopJ/AvrRxv family present in strain GMI1000 and that confers avirulence in Petunia. We further demonstrate that both the Avr protein and the RRS1 proteins colocalize in the nucleus and that the ..
- RNA EDITING IN PLANT ORGANELLESMaureen Hanson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The proposed research should enhance understanding of other forms of RNA processing in the biological world, especially the mechanisms of tRNA, mRNA and rRNA modification and editing. ..
- MICROBIAL PRODUCTION OF THE FLAVONOIDS GARBANZOL, RESOKAEMPFEROL AND FISETINPatent Number: WO2016071505-A1; Date:2016-05-12
- PHYTOPHTHORA RESISTANT PLANTS BELONGING TO THE SOLANACEAE FAMILYPatent Number: WO2015106796-A1; Date:2015-07-23
- Plant anthocyanidin rutinoside aromatic acyl transferasesPatent Number: JP2003528603-A; Date:2003-09-30
- Protein having flavonoid 3', 5'-hydroxylase activity and nucleic acid coding thereforPatent Number: JP2000023686-A; Date:2000-01-25
- Flavonoid 3',5' hydroxylase gene sequences and uses thereforPatent Number: EP2292764-A1; Date:2011-03-09
- Flavonoid 3',5' Hydroxylase gene sequences and uses thereforPatent Number: JP2006512057-A; Date:2006-04-13
- Cassette Plasmid for Expression of Membrane-bound P450Patent Number: JP2007300852-A; Date:2007-11-22
- Flavonoid 3',5' Hydroxylase gene sequences and uses thereforPatent Number: JP2010193895-A; Date:2010-09-09
- Method of Reducing Anthocyanin Content in Petals of Plants using Type IV Chalcone IsomerasesPatent Number: WO2011001777-A; Date:2011-01-06