Genomes and Genes
Alias: Tripsacum dactyloides, Tripsacum dactyloides (L.) L.
- Genomic resources for gene discovery, functional genome annotation, and evolutionary studies of maize and its close relativesChao Wang
National Key Laboratory of Crop Genetic Improvement, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Genetics 195:723-37. 2013..parviglumis and Tripsacum dactyloides. Furthermore, to extend functional genomic studies to maize and sorghum, we also constructed binary BAC (..
- Fermentation of eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides [L.] L.) by mixed cultures of ruminal microorganisms with or without supplemental cornJ S Eun
Department of Animal Science, USDA ARS, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7621, USA
J Anim Sci 82:170-8. 2004Five dual-flow fermentors (700 mL) were used to determine the effects of eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides [L.] L.) diets on microbial metabolism by mixed rumen cultures...
- Retroelement genome painting: cytological visualization of retroelement expansions in the genera Zea and TripsacumJonathan C Lamb
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211 7400, USA
Genetics 173:1007-21. 2006..diploperennis (2n = 20), and Tripsacum dactyloides (2n = 36)...
- Technical note: whole-pen assessments of nutrient excretion and digestibility from dairy replacement heifers housed in sand-bedded freestallsW K Coblentz
US Dairy Forage Research Center, USDA ARS, Marshfield, WI 54449
J Anim Sci 91:4841-8. 2013..on a subset of heifers from a larger production-scale feeding trial evaluating ensiled eastern gamagrass [Tripsacum dactyloides (L.) L...
- Integrase diversity and transcription of the maize retrotransposon GrandeEva Gomez
Department of Molecular Genetics, Consorci Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentàries, Jordi Girona, Barcelona, Spain
Genome 49:558-62. 2006..sequenced several copies of part of the integrase domain derived from the Zea mays, Zea diploperennis, and Tripsacum dactyloides genomes...
- Identification of an atrazine-degrading benzoxazinoid in Eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides)Cammy D Willett
Department of Soil, Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences, 302 ABNR Building, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Agric Food Chem 61:8026-33. 2013..effort to identify and characterize promising atrazine-degrading phytochemicals in Eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides ; EG) roots for the purpose of mitigating atrazine transport from agroecosystems...
- Using eastern gamagrass to construct diets that limit intake and caloric density for dairy replacement heifersW K Coblentz
US Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service USDA ARS, US Dairy Forage Research Center, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
J Dairy Sci 95:6057-71. 2012Previous research has shown that eastern gamagrass (EGG; Tripsacum dactyloides L...
- Reproduction of Meloidogyne marylandi and M. incognita on several PoaceaeT R Faske
Department of Agribusiness, Agronomy, Horticulture, and Range Management, Tarleton State University, TSU Box T 0050, Stephenville, TX 76402 Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2132
J Nematol 41:2-4. 2009..notatum (bahiagrass), Sorghastrum, nutans (indiangrass), Tripsacum dactyloides (eastern gamagrass), and Zoysia matrella (zoysiagrass). No reproduction of M. incognita was observed on B...
- Dynamic evolution of bz orthologous regions in the Andropogoneae and other grassesQinghua Wang
Waksman Institute, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Plant J 72:212-21. 2012..mexicana, luxurians and diploperennis, Tripsacum dactyloides, Coix lacryma-jobi and Sorghum propinquum...
- Extraordinary tertiary constrictions of Tripsacum dactyloides chromosomes: implications for karyotype evolution of polyploids driven by segmental chromosome lossesDal Hoe Koo
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Genetics 179:1119-23. 2008b>Tripsacum dactyloides (2n = 2x = 36) is an ancient tetraploid species. Here we report that T...
- The role of teosinte glume architecture (tga1) in coordinated regulation and evolution of grass glumes and inflorescence axesJill C Preston
Department of Biology, University of Missouri St Louis, Research 223, One University Boulevard, St Louis, MO 63121, USA
New Phytol 193:204-15. 2012..Later in development, expression patterns differed between Tripsacum dactyloides, maize and teosinte (Z. mays ssp. parviglumis)...
- RAPD and internal transcribed spacer sequence analyses reveal Zea nicaraguensis as a section Luxuriantes species close to Zea luxuriansPei Wang
Maize Research Institute, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan, China
PLoS ONE 6:e16728. 2011..neighbor-joining (NJ) and maximum parsimony (MP) methods to construct the phylogenetic trees, selecting Tripsacum dactyloides L. as the outgroup...
- [Detection of maize centromeric repeats in the relatives of maize using fluorescence in situ hybridization]Chao Wen She
Department of Life Sciences, Huaihua University, Huaihua 418008, China
Yi Chuan 32:264-70. 2010..mexicana, Z. diploperennis, Z. perennis, Tripsacum dactyloides, Coix lacryma-jobi, and Sorghum bicolor. In Z. mays ssp. mexicana, Z. diploperennis, and Z...
- Evidence of selection at the ramosa1 locus during maize domesticationBrandi Sigmon
Department of Genetics, Development, and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Mol Ecol 19:1296-311. 2010..occurred at some point in time since maize diverged from its common ancestor with the sister species Tripsacum dactyloides and prompting the hypothesis that ra1 may be a domestication gene...
- Positive effects of shade and shelter construction by ants on leafhopper-ant mutualismGustavo Moya-Raygoza
Departamento de Botanica y Zoologia, CUCBA, Universidad de Guadalajara, km 15 5 carretera Guadalajara Nogales, Las Agujas, Zapopan, C P 45110, Apdo Postal 139, Jalisco, Mexico
Environ Entomol 37:1471-6. 2008..gamagrass leafhopper, Dalbulus quinquenotatus DeLong and Nault, and its tending ants on gamagrass Tripsacum dactyloides L...
- Selection of plants for optimization of vegetative filter strips treating runoff from turfgrassKaty E Smith
USDA ARS, National Soil Dynamics Lab, 411S Donahue Dr, Auburn, AL 36832, USA
J Environ Qual 37:1855-61. 2008..76% CP, 94% CT, 48% PE, and 33% PR were lost from soil after 3 mo of plant growth), eastern gama grass (Tripsacum dactyloides) (47% CP, 95% CT, 17% PE, and 22% PR were lost from soil after 3 mo of plant growth), and big blue stem (..
- In situ disappearance of neutral detergent insoluble nitrogen from alfalfa and eastern gamagrass at three maturitiesW K Coblentz
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 77:2803-9. 1999..harvested at one-tenth bloom and eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides L...
- Rye cover crop and gamagrass strip effects on NO3 concentration and load in tile drainageT C Kaspar
USDA ARS, National Soil Tilth Laboratory, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Environ Qual 36:1503-11. 2007..soybean (Glycine max [L.] Merr.) management system. In one treatment, eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides L.) was grown in permanent 3.05-m-wide strips above the tiles...
- Greenhouse and field assessment of phytoremediation for petroleum contaminants in a riparian zoneKaty Euliss
Department of Agronomy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Bioresour Technol 99:1961-71. 2008..eastern gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides), arrowhead (Sagitaria latifolia), switchgrass (Panicum virgatum), and sedge (Carex stricta)...
- Urea metabolism in beef steers grazing Bermudagrass, Caucasian bluestem, or gamagrass pastures varying in plant morphology, protein content, and protein compositionG B Huntington
Animal Science Department, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1997-2004. 2007..of Bermudagrass (Cynodon dactylon, BG), Caucasian bluestem (Bothriochloa caucasica, CBS), and gamagrass (Tripsacum dactyloides, GG) were evaluated from the perspectives of forage composition, selection during grazing, and N ..
- Maize Sh2 gene is constrained by natural selection but escaped domesticationD Manicacci
UMR de Génétique Végétale 8120, Ferme du Moulon, F91 190 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Evol Biol 20:503-16. 2007..mays subspecies and outgroups Z. diploperennis and Tripsacum dactyloides suggests the occurrence of an ancient selective sweep in the Sh2 3' region...
- Distinct chromosomal distributions of highly repetitive sequences in maizeJonathan C Lamb
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Chromosome Res 15:33-49. 2007..hybridized in the same general patterns to chromosomes of maize relatives including Zea diploperennis and Tripsacum dactyloides. Additionally, abundant Tripsacum LTR retroelements are enriched in similar chromosomal regions among the ..
- Single-gene detection and karyotyping using small-target fluorescence in situ hybridization on maize somatic chromosomesJonathan C Lamb
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Genetics 175:1047-58. 2007..The probes were demonstrated to produce signals in several wild relatives of maize, including Zea luxurians, Z. diploperennis, and Tripsacum dactyloides.
- Afternoon harvest increases readily fermentable carbohydrate concentration and voluntary intake of gamagrass and switchgrass baleage by beef steersG B Huntington
Department of Animal Science and ARS USDA, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7621, USA
J Anim Sci 85:276-84. 2007..Iuka GG (Tripsacum dactyloides L.) and Alamo SG (Panicum virgatum L...
- Fermentability of eastern gamagrass, big bluestem and sand bluestem grown across a wide variety of environmentsP J Weimer
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service USDA ARS, US Dairy Forage Research Center, 1925 Linden Drive West, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Bioresour Technol 98:1615-21. 2007..displayed greater fermentability than did sand bluestem (Andropogon hallii Hack) or eastern gamagrass [Tripsacum dactyloides (L.) L.], but displayed lower biomass yields...
- Heterochronic expression of sexual reproductive programs during apomictic development in TripsacumDaniel Grimanelli
Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, 06600 Mexico DF, Mexico
Genetics 165:1521-31. 2003..In this report, we analyze reproductive development in Tripsacum dactyloides, an apomictic relative of maize, and in experimental apomictic hybrids between maize and Tripsacum...
- PLANT REGULATORY ELEMENTS AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: JP2016514964-A; Date:2016-05-26
- PLANT REGULATORY ELEMENTS AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: EP2966981-A1; Date:2016-01-20
- Plants with increased yield and/or increased tolerance to environmental stress (iy-bm)Patent Number: WO2009077611-A2; Date:2009-06-25
- Cis-acting regulatory elements from tripsacum dactyloidesPatent Number: WO2006101938-A1; Date:2006-09-28
- Novel MITE isolated from gamma grassPatent Number: KR1020030001444-A; Date:2003-01-09