Genomes and Genes
Publications1100 found, 100 shown here
- [Dengue fever: from disease to vaccination]R Teyssou
Sanofi Pasteur Lyon, France
Med Trop (Mars) 69:333-4. 2009..Dengue iscaused by an arbovirus belonging to the Flavivirus genus of the family Flaviviridae. There are four dengue virus serotypes and no cross protection between them...
- Rapid detection and quantification of RNA of Ebola and Marburg viruses, Lassa virus, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus, Rift Valley fever virus, dengue virus, and yellow fever virus by real-time reverse transcription-PCRChristian Drosten
Bernhard Nocht Institute of Tropical Medicine, Hamburg, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 40:2323-30. 2002..MBGV/EBOV), Lassa virus (LASV), Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV), Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV), dengue virus (DENV), and yellow fever virus (YFV)...
- [Study on E protein epitopes and primary identification of main yellow virus]Xiao Li Xu
Instrumental Analysis and Research Center of South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 30:489-92. 2009To analysis the E protein epitopes of dengue virus type 1-4, Japanese encephalitis virus and yellow fever virus and to distinguish the shared or specific epitopes among them.
- Secondary dengue virus type 4 infections in VietnamPhilippe Buchy
Institut Pasteur in Nha Trang, Nha Trang City, Vietnam
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 36:178-85. 2005..A total of 86.4% of individuals had a diagnosis of acute dengue fever by using the HI test and/or dengue virus-specific IgM capture-ELISA and/or virus isolation and/or RT-PCR...
- Recombinant dengue virus type 1 NS3 protein exhibits specific viral RNA binding and NTPase activity regulated by the NS5 proteinT Cui
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Virology 246:409-17. 1998The full-length dengue virus NS3 protein has been successfully expressed as a 94-kDa GST fusion protein in Escherichia coli...
- Detection of dengue viral RNA using a nucleic acid sequence-based amplification assayS J Wu
Viral Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910 7500, USA
J Clin Microbiol 39:2794-8. 2001..nucleic acid sequence-based amplification (NASBA) assay was optimized to amplify viral RNA of all four dengue virus serotypes by a set of universal primers and to type the amplified products by serotype-specific capture probes...
- Translation elongation factor-1alpha, La, and PTB interact with the 3' untranslated region of dengue 4 virus RNAMonica De Nova-Ocampo
Departamento de Biomedicina Molecular, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Mexico City 07360, Mexico
Virology 295:337-47. 2002..The latter are duplicated (CS2A and CS2B) in DEN4. Dengue virus replication, like that of other RNA viruses, might involve the cis-elements located within the 3'UTR and the ..
- Identification of continuous human B-cell epitopes in the envelope glycoprotein of dengue virus type 3 (DENV-3)Andréa N M Rangel da Silva
Virology and Experimental Therapy Laboratory, Aggeu Magalhães Research Center, FIOCRUZ, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
PLoS ONE 4:e7425. 2009b>Dengue virus infection is a growing global public health concern in tropical and subtropical regions of the world...
- Probing the substrate specificity of the dengue virus type 2 NS3 serine protease by using internally quenched fluorescent peptidesPornwaratt Niyomrattanakit
Laboratory of Molecular Virology, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Salaya Campus, Phutthamonthon 4 Rd, Nakornpathom 73170, Thailand
Biochem J 397:203-11. 2006The NS3 (dengue virus non-structural protein 3) serine protease of dengue virus is an essential component for virus maturation, thus representing an attractive target for the development of antiviral drugs directed at the inhibition of ..
- Screening of dengue virus in field-caught Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus (Diptera: Culicidae) by one-step SYBR green-based reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction assay during 2004-2007 in Southern TaiwanChien Fu Chen
Research and Diagnostic Center, Centers for Disease Control, Department of Health, Taipei, Taiwan
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 10:1017-25. 2010We carried out virological surveillance of dengue virus (DENV) in field-caught Aedes mosquitoes during 2004-2007 to estimate the monthly prevalence of infected females in dengue high-risk areas of Taiwan...
- Immunopathogenesis of dengue virus infectionH Y Lei
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 8:377-88. 2001b>Dengue virus infection causes dengue fever (DF), dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), and dengue shock syndrome (DSS), whose pathogeneses are not clearly understood...
- Monoclonal antibodies that bind to common epitopes on the dengue virus type 2 nonstructural-1 and envelope glycoproteins display weak neutralizing activity and differentiated responses to virulent strains: implications for pathogenesis and vaccinesAndrew K I Falconar
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, United Kingdom
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:549-61. 2008The abilities of monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) that bind to defined sequential epitopes on the dengue virus (DENV) nonstructural-1 (NS1) glycoproteins to cross-react with epitopes on the DENV envelope (E) glycoproteins were investigated...
- Increased production of interleukin-8 in primary human monocytes and in human epithelial and endothelial cell lines after dengue virus challengeIrene Bosch
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research and Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Virol 76:5588-97. 2002The more severe form of dengue virus infection, dengue hemorrhagic fever, is characterized by plasma leakage and derangements in hemostasis...
- Inactivation of dengue virus by methylene blue/narrow bandwidth light systemQing Huang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Southwestern Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400038, PR China
J Photochem Photobiol B 77:39-43. 2004..blue (MB)/light system has proven effective in blood banking, MB was selected as a photosensitizing agent, dengue virus as a model virus for enveloped RNA viruses, and an in-house fabricated narrow bandwidth light system ..
- RNA interference modulates replication of dengue virus in Drosophila melanogaster cellsSwati Mukherjee
Molecular Biology Program, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003, USA
BMC Microbiol 10:127. 2010Mosquito-borne dengue virus (DENV, genus Flavivirus) has emerged as a major threat to global human health in recent decades, and novel strategies to contain the escalating dengue fever pandemic are urgently needed...
- Interplay of RNA elements in the dengue virus 5' and 3' ends required for viral RNA replicationPeter Friebe
Division of Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 1 Barker Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 7354, USA
J Virol 84:6103-18. 2010b>Dengue virus (DENV) is a member of the Flavivirus genus of positive-sense RNA viruses...
- Antibody-dependent enhancement of dengue virus infection in U937 cells requires cholesterol-rich membrane microdomainsHenry Puerta-Guardo
Departamento de Infectómica y Patogénesis Molecular, CINVESTAV IPN, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Gen Virol 91:394-403. 2010b>Dengue virus (DENV) is the causative agent of dengue fever and the more severe forms of the infection known as dengue haemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome (DHF/DSS)...
- Dengue virus replicons: production of an interserotypic chimera and cell lines from different species, and establishment of a cell-based fluorescent assay to screen inhibitors, validated by the evaluation of ribavirin's activityNicolas Masse
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, CNRS and Universités d Aix Marseille I et II, UMR 6098, ESIL case 925, 13288 Marseille, France
Antiviral Res 86:296-305. 2010..In this study we produced a novel dengue virus type 2 (DV2) subgenomic replicon that expresses a fusion protein comprised of Enhanced Green Fluorescent ..
- Distribution and seasonality of vertically transmitted dengue viruses in Aedes mosquitoes in arid and semi-arid areas of Rajasthan, IndiaBennet Angel
Desert Medicine Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Jodhpur, India
J Vector Borne Dis 45:56-9. 2008Transovarial transmission of dengue virus is a crucial etiological phenomenon responsible for persistence of virus during inter-epidemic period of the disease...
- Dengue virus capsid protein usurps lipid droplets for viral particle formationMarcelo M Samsa
Fundación Instituto Leloir CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000632. 2009b>Dengue virus is responsible for the highest rates of disease and mortality among the members of the Flavivirus genus. Dengue epidemics are still occurring around the world, indicating an urgent need of prophylactic vaccines and antivirals...
- Dengue virus serotype infection specifies the activation of the unfolded protein responseIndira Umareddy
Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases, 10 Biopolis Road, 05 01 Chromos, 138670, Singapore
Virol J 4:91. 2007..In an attempt to evaluate the contribution of the UPR to virus replication, we have characterized each component of this signalling pathway following Dengue virus infection.
- Flow cytometry compared with indirect immunofluorescence for rapid detection of dengue virus type 1 after amplification in tissue cultureC L Kao
School and Graduate Institute of Medical Technology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Republic of China
J Clin Microbiol 39:3672-7. 2001b>Dengue virus (DV) was detected early in infected mosquito C6/36 cells by using indirect immunofluorescence (IF) in conjunction with flow cytometry...
- Long-range RNA-RNA interactions circularize the dengue virus genomeDiego E Alvarez
Fundacion Instituto Leloir, Avenida Patricias Argentinas 435, Buenos Aires 1405, Argentina
J Virol 79:6631-43. 2005..We found that two RNA elements present at the ends of the dengue virus genome interact in vitro with high affinity...
- Differential enhancement of dengue virus immune complex infectivity mediated by signaling-competent and signaling-incompetent human Fcgamma RIA (CD64) or FcgammaRIIA (CD32)W W Shanaka I Rodrigo
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Box 689, 601 Crittenden Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Virol 80:10128-38. 2006Fcgamma receptor (FcgammaR)-mediated entry of infectious dengue virus immune complexes into monocytes/macrophages is hypothesized to be a key event in the pathogenesis of complicated dengue fever...
- c-Src protein kinase inhibitors block assembly and maturation of dengue virusJ J H Chu
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3520-5. 2007b>Dengue virus is a mosquito-borne flavivirus that represents an important emerging infectious disease and is an international health concern...
- Crystal structure of the NS3 protease-helicase from dengue virusDahai Luo
School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, 60 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637551, Republic of Singapore
J Virol 82:173-83. 2008Several flaviviruses are important human pathogens, including dengue virus, a disease against which neither a vaccine nor specific antiviral therapies currently exist...
- Transient CD4/CD8 ratio inversion and aberrant immune activation during dengue virus infectionChing Chuan Liu
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Med Virol 68:241-52. 2002The immune status after dengue virus infection was studied in dengue patients from an outbreak of serotype 3 dengue virus infection in the southern part of Taiwan during November and December 1998...
- Nuclear localization of dengue virus nonstructural protein 5 through its importin alpha/beta-recognized nuclear localization sequences is integral to viral infectionMelinda J Pryor
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Monash, Victoria 3800, Australia
Traffic 8:795-807. 2007b>Dengue virus nonstructural protein 5 (NS5) is a large multifunctional protein with a central role in viral replication...
- Alternate hypothesis on the pathogenesis of dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)/dengue shock syndrome (DSS) in dengue virus infectionSansanee Noisakran
Medical Biotechnology Unit, National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, National Science and Technology Development Agency, Pathumthani, 12120, Thailand
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:401-8. 2008Dengue fever, caused by infection with dengue virus, is not a new disease, but recently because of its serious emerging health threats, coupled with possible dire consequences including death, it has aroused considerable medical and ..
- Spatial point analysis based on dengue surveys at household level in central BrazilJoão B Siqueira-Junior
Institute of Tropical Pathology and Public Health, Federal University of Goias, Department of Collective Health, Goias, Brazil
BMC Public Health 8:361. 2008b>Dengue virus (DENV) affects nonimunne human populations in tropical and subtropical regions. In the Americas, dengue has drastically increased in the last two decades and Brazil is considered one of the most affected countries...
- Dengue virus in blood donations, Puerto Rico, 2005Hamish Mohammed
Dengue Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Transfusion 48:1348-54. 2008..The high incidence of dengue in endemic countries, the high proportion of asymptomatic infection, and the median 5-day viremia, however, suggest that transfusion-associated dengue transmission may be more widespread than documented...
- Detection and serotyping of dengue virus in serum samples by multiplex reverse transcriptase PCR-ligase detection reaction assayS Das
Division of International Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Microbiol 46:3276-84. 2008The detection and successful typing of dengue virus (DENV) from patients with suspected dengue fever is important both for the diagnosis of the disease and for the implementation of epidemiologic control measures...
- Determination of tumor necrosis factor-alpha levels in dengue virus infected patients by sensitive biotin-streptavidin enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayL Kittigul
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Public Health, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Virol Methods 90:51-7. 2000..to determine levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in serum samples of children infected with dengue virus (n=99) and healthy controls (n=41). The minimum detectable concentration of TNF-alpha by the BS-ELISA was 3...
- Serotype-specific entry of dengue virus into liver cells: identification of the 37-kilodalton/67-kilodalton high-affinity laminin receptor as a dengue virus serotype 1 receptorChutima Thepparit
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, 25 25 Phuttamontol Sai 4, Salaya, Nakorn Pathom, Thailand 73170
J Virol 78:12647-56. 2004b>Dengue virus, the causative agent of dengue fever, dengue shock syndrome, and dengue hemorrhagic fever, infects susceptible cells by initially binding to a receptor(s) located on the host cell surface...
- Progress for dengue virus diseases. Towards the NS2B-NS3pro inhibition for a therapeutic-based approachSonia Melino
Department of Chemical Science and Technology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
FEBS J 274:2986-3002. 2007Transmitted by the Aedes aegypti mosquito, the dengue virus is the etiological agent of dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome, and, as such, is a significant factor in the high death rate found in most tropical ..
- Effect of Hippophae rhamnoides leaf extract against Dengue virus infection in human blood-derived macrophagesMonika Jain
Immunomodulation Laboratory, Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences, Lucknow Road, Timarpur, Delhi 110054, India
Phytomedicine 15:793-9. 2008b>Dengue virus occurs as four distinct serotypes, called Dengue 1, 2, 3, and 4...
- Hanta virus infection during dengue virus infection outbreak in IndonesiaCatharina Suharti
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Diponegoro University Dr Kariadi Hospital, Semarang, Indonesia
Acta Med Indones 41:75-80. 2009To investigate which recent infection could have caused the present dengue-like symptoms, in adult patients clinically fulfilling the WHO criteria for dengue, in which serologically were not confirmed for dengue virus infections.
- Breakdown of the blood-brain barrier during dengue virus infection of miceU C Chaturvedi
Postgraduate Department of Microbiology, King George s Medical College, Lucknow, India
J Gen Virol 72:859-66. 1991..c.) or intraperitoneally (i.p.) with dengue virus type 2 (DEN2)...
- Primary human splenic macrophages, but not T or B cells, are the principal target cells for dengue virus infection in vitroShanley Blackley
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Virol 81:13325-34. 2007..of dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) and dengue shock syndrome (DSS) requires the precise identification of dengue virus (DV)-permissive target cells...
- Adenovirus-based vaccines generate cytotoxic T lymphocytes to epitopes of NS1 from dengue virus that are present in all major serotypesGuangping Gao
Vaccine Research Institute, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510630, China
Hum Gene Ther 19:927-36. 2008b>Dengue virus (DENV) infection is an expanding global threat to public health. Effective vaccine and treatment approaches remain elusive...
- Deletion of the C-terminal region of dengue virus nonstructural protein 1 (NS1) abolishes anti-NS1-mediated platelet dysfunction and bleeding tendencyMei Chun Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
J Immunol 183:1797-803. 2009The mechanisms underlying dengue hemorrhagic disease are incompletely understood. We previously showed that anti-dengue virus (DV) nonstructural protein 1 (NS1) Abs cross-react with human platelets and inhibit platelet aggregation...
- Monocytes, but not T or B cells, are the principal target cells for dengue virus (DV) infection among human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsZhihua Kou
Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases Division, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Med Virol 80:134-46. 2008..the pathogenesis of dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndrome requires the precise identification of dengue virus (DV) permissive target cells...
- The ubiquitin-proteasome pathway is important for dengue virus infection in primary human endothelial cellsRattiyaporn Kanlaya
Medical Proteomics Unit, Office for Research and Development, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Proteome Res 9:4960-71. 2010Dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) and dengue shock syndrome (DSS) are the most severe forms of dengue virus infection with hemorrhage and plasma leakage. However, pathogenic mechanisms of DHF and DSS remain poorly understood...
- Isolation of monoclonal antibodies-escape variant of dengue virus serotype 1S K Chua
Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Jalan Banting, Klang 41200, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 47:940-6. 2006During an outbreak from December 2004 to March 2005, 138 isolates of dengue virus were prospectively obtained from acute-phase serum samples of 1,067 patients with the provisional clinical diagnosis of acute dengue illness admitted to the ..
- Evaluation of a commercial SD dengue virus NS1 antigen capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay kit for early diagnosis of dengue virus infectionSeok Mui Wang
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Clin Microbiol 48:2793-7. 2010Early definitive diagnosis of dengue virus infection may help in the timely management of dengue virus infection...
- Interaction between dengue virus fusion peptide and lipid bilayers depends on peptide clusteringFausto Stauffer
Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Mol Membr Biol 25:128-38. 2008..b>Dengue virus infection is mediated by virus glycoprotein E, which binds to the cell surface...
- Protective and enhancing HLA alleles, HLA-DRB1*0901 and HLA-A*24, for severe forms of dengue virus infection, dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock syndromeThi Phuong Lan Nguyen
Department of Immunogenetics, Institute of Tropical Medicine NEKKEN, Nagasaki University, Japan
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e304. 2008b>Dengue virus (DV) infection is one of the most important mosquito-borne diseases in the tropics...
- Single-cell-based image analysis of high-throughput cell array screens for quantification of viral infectionPetr Matula
University of Heidelberg, Department of Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics, BIOQUANT, IPMB, Heidelberg, Germany
Cytometry A 75:309-18. 2009..4%. Our overall approach has been applied to more than 55,000 images of cells infected by either hepatitis C or dengue virus. Reduced infection rates were correctly detected in positive siRNA controls, as well as for siRNAs targeting, ..
- Dengue virus neutralization by human immune sera: role of envelope protein domain III-reactive antibodyW M P B Wahala
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, CB 7290 University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Virology 392:103-13. 2009..Our results have implications for understanding protective immunity following natural DENV infection and for evaluating DENV vaccines...
- Patient-based dengue virus surveillance in Aedes aegypti from Recife, BrazilD R D Guedes
Departamento de Entomologia, Centro de Pesquisas Aggeu Magalhães Fundação Oswaldo Cruz CPqAM FIOCRUZ, Av Professor Moraes Rego s n, Cidade Universitaria, Recife PE, Brazil
J Vector Borne Dis 47:67-75. 2010Dengue is currently one of the most important arthropod-borne diseases and may be caused by four different dengue virus serotypes (DENV-1 to DENV-4), transmitted mainly by Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) mosquitoes...
- Mapping protein interactions between Dengue virus and its human and insect hostsJanet M Doolittle
Curriculum in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e954. 2011..As with other viral pathogens, dengue virus is dependent on its host to perform the bulk of functions necessary for viral survival and replication...
- Expression of dengue-3 premembrane and envelope polyprotein in lettuce chloroplastsAnderson Paul Kanagaraj
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Central Florida, 336 Biomolecular Science Building, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
Plant Mol Biol 76:323-33. 2011..of a successful vaccine is urgently needed that is economical and provide long-lasting protection from dengue virus infections...
- Rapid identification of Chikungunya and Dengue virus by a real-time reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification methodXi Lu
Department of Respiratory, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:947-53. 2012Both Chikungunya and Dengue virus belong to the acute arthropod-borne viruses. Because of the lack of specific symptoms, it is difficult to distinguish the two infections based on clinical manifestations...
- Experimental dengue virus challenge of human subjects previously vaccinated with live attenuated tetravalent dengue vaccinesWellington Sun
Department of Virus Diseases, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 207:700-8. 2013Protection against dengue requires immunity against all 4 serotypes of dengue virus (DENV). Experimental challenge may be useful in evaluating vaccine-induced immunity.
- Development of a multiplex bead-based assay to monitor dengue virus seroconversionKaiting Ng
Singapore Immunology Network SIgN, A STAR, 8A Biomedical Grove, Singapore, Singapore
Methods Mol Biol 1138:53-74. 2014b>Dengue virus (DENV) envelope protein is responsible for viral attachment to host cells and as such is a target of neutralizing antibody responses...
- Serological evidence of ongoing transmission of dengue virus in permanent residents of Key West, FloridaAli M Messenger
Department of Environmental and Global Health, College of Public Health and Health Profession, and Emerging Pathogens Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 14:783-7. 2014..b>Dengue virus is responsible for infections in over 100 countries, including the Americas and Caribbean Basin; however, it ..
- Genetic Variability in Probe Binding Regions Explains False Negative Results of a Molecular Assay for the Detection of Dengue VirusCarmen Koo
1 Environmental Health Institute, National Environment Agency, Singapore, Singapore
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 16:489-95. 2016..Despite being potentially fatal, there are no specific antiviral therapies for Dengue virus (DENV) infections...
- Serotype-cross-reactive immunoglobulin M responses in dengue virus infections determined by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayM Nawa
Department of Microbiology, Saitama Medical School, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:774-7. 2000..immunoglobulin M (IgM) antibody capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) with four monovalent dengue virus antigens...
- Texas lifestyle limits transmission of dengue virusPaul Reiter
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 9:86-9. 2003..We conclude that the low prevalence of dengue in the United States is primarily due to economic, rather than climatic, factors...
- A novel reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction based-liquid hybridisation (RT-PCR-LH) assay for early diagnosis of dengue infectionMaya B Gunesekera
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo, Colombo 3
Ceylon Med J 48:17-22. 2003..Early definitive laboratory diagnosis of dengue is difficult with the tests in routine use at present...
- Cross-serotype neutralization of dengue virus in Aotus nancymae monkeysTadeusz J Kochel
US Naval Medical Research Center Detachment, Lima, Peru
J Infect Dis 191:1000-4. 2005..These findings support the hypothesis that dengue-1 immunity might have prevented disease or altered the severity of disease in individuals sequentially infected with dengue-1 and American-2...
- Hepatosplanchnic circulatory dysfunction in acute hepatic infection: the case of dengue hemorrhagic feverApichai Khongphatthanayothin
Department of Pediatrics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, 10330 Thailand
Shock 24:407-11. 2005..of portal vein and inferior vena cava were done in 45 patients with serologically or PCR-confirmed diagnosis of dengue virus infection...
- Confirmation of dengue virus infection by detection of dengue virus type 1 genome in urine and saliva but not in plasmaY Mizuno
Disease Control and Prevention Centre, International Medical Centre of Japan, 1 21 1, Toyama, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:738-9. 2007We successfully detected dengue virus (DENV) genome in urine and saliva but not in plasma samples from a Japanese dengue fever patient...
- Immunodiagnosis of dengue virus infection using salivaAnita Chakravarti
Department of Microbiology, Maulana Azad Medical College and Associated Lok Nayak Hospitals, 79, South Park Apartment, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110002, India
Curr Microbiol 55:461-4. 2007Keeping in view the complications and the case fatality associated with dengue virus, several serologic tests have been developed...
- [Evaluation of the infectivity of dengue 1 strains in the HepG2 and Vero cell lines]Alicia Aguilar Barroso
Instituto Finlay, Ciudad de La Habana
Rev Cubana Med Trop 57:105-10. 2005..b>Dengue virus cellular tropism in vitro is diverse...
- Vascular endothelium: the battlefield of dengue virusesAtanu Basu
National Institute of Virology, Pune, India
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 53:287-99. 2008..in vitro on endothelial cell monolayer models to understand the pathophysiology of vascular endothelium during dengue virus (DV) infection that may be translated to help understand the pathogenesis of DHF/DSS...
- Non-infectious plasmid engineered to simulate multiple viral threat agentsMonica Carrera
Laboratory of the Association of Biochemists and Pharmacists COFYB, Argentina, Buenos Aires CP 1184, Argentina
J Virol Methods 159:29-33. 2009..Lassa virus, Yellow Fever virus, Ebola virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus, Junin virus, Marburg virus, Dengue virus, and Crimean-Congo virus, all in a single construct...
- Meningitis determined by oligosymptomatic dengue virus type 3 infection: report of a caseC N Soares
Neurology Service, Hospital Universitário Antônio Pedro Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J Infect Dis 14:e150-2. 2010..Also, meningitis can be the first manifestation of the infection. Dengue should be investigated even in the absence of a typical picture of the infection...
- Refractoriness of Aedes aegypti (Linnaeus) to dual infection with dengue and chikungunya virusA Rohani
Medical Entomology Unit, Infectious Diseases Research Center, Institute for Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 40:443-8. 2009..The study did not detect dual infection of Ae. aegypti with dengue and chikungunya virus from the same pool or from individual mosquitoes. Oral receptivity of Ae. aegypti to chikungunya virus was higher than that of dengue virus.
- Utility of a commercial nonstructural protein 1 antigen capture kit as a dengue virus diagnostic toolKovi Bessoff
Public Health Service, CDC Dengue Branch, 1324 Calle Cañada, San Juan, PR 00920
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:949-53. 2010Annually, over 2.5 billion people are at risk for infection with dengue virus (DENV), while between 50 and 100 million people contract the infection...
- Biochemical and genetic characterization of dengue virus methyltransferaseHongping Dong
Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases, Chromos, Singapore 138670, Singapore
Virology 405:568-78. 2010We report that dengue virus (DENV) methyltransferase sequentially methylates the guanine N-7 and ribose 2'-O positions of viral RNA cap (GpppA-->m(7)GpppA-->m(7)GpppAm)...
- Cell type specificity and host genetic polymorphisms influence antibody-dependent enhancement of dengue virus infectionKobporn Boonnak
Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research and Henry M Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Virol 85:1671-83. 2011Antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) is implicated in severe, usually secondary, dengue virus (DV) infections...
- Activation of the unfolded protein response and autophagy after hepatitis C virus infection suppresses innate antiviral immunity in vitroPo Yuan Ke
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Invest 121:37-56. 2011..Similar results were achieved with a PAMP derived from Dengue virus (DEV), indicating that HCV and DEV may both exploit the UPR-autophagy pathway to escape the innate immune ..
- Serologic imprint of dengue virus in urban Haiti: characterization of humoral immunity to dengue in infants and young childrenMeghan Rioth
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:630-6. 2011..To evaluate the prevalence of antibodies to dengue virus (DENV), serum samples from infants and young children 7-36 months of age (n = 166) were assayed by plaque ..
- Detection of dengue virus type 4 in Easter Island, ChileJ Fernandez
Subdepartment of Molecular Genetic, Public Health Institute of Chile, Av Marathon 1000, Santiago, Chile
Arch Virol 156:1865-8. 2011We report the detection of dengue virus type 4 (DENV-4) for the first time in Easter Island, Chile. The virus was detected in serum samples of two patients treated at the Hospital in Easter Island...
- Activation of MDL-1 (CLEC5A) on immature myeloid cells triggers lethal shock in miceRicky Cheung
Discovery Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4446-61. 2011..Activation of MDL-1 using dengue virus or an agonist MDL-1-specific antibody in the ConA-treated mice resulted in shock...
- Endothelial cell surface expression of protein disulfide isomerase activates β1 and β3 integrins and facilitates dengue virus infectionShu Wen Wan
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 113:1681-91. 2012Infection with dengue virus (DENV) causes diseases ranging from mild dengue fever to severe hemorrhage or shock syndrome...
- Endothelial cells elicit immune-enhancing responses to dengue virus infectionNadine A Dalrymple
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, USA
J Virol 86:6408-15. 2012..Preexisting antibodies to dengue virus disposes patients to immune-enhanced edema (DSS) or hemorrhagic (DHF) disease following infection by a discrete ..
- Guanylate-binding protein 1 participates in cellular antiviral response to dengue virusWen Pan
Institute of Biology and Medical Sciences, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Infection and Immunity, Soochow University, Building 703, 199 Ren Ai Road, Suzhou, 215123, PR China
Virol J 9:292. 2012b>Dengue virus (DENV), the causative agent of human Dengue hemorrhagic fever, is a mosquito-borne virus found in tropical and sub-tropical regions around the world. Vaccines against DENV are currently unavailable...
- Genetic variation in the 3' untranslated region of dengue virus serotype 3 strains isolated from mosquitoes and humans in BrazilMárcia Gonçalves de Castro
Laboratório de Trasmissores de Hematozoários, Av Brasil 4365, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21045 900, Brasil
Virol J 10:3. 2013Dengue, a mosquito-borne viral infection caused by one of the four dengue virus (DENV) serotypes (DENV-1 to 4), replicate alternately on the mosquito vector and human host and are responsible for infections throughout tropical and ..
- [An imported dengue Fever case in Turkey and review of the literature]Yavuz Uyar
Refik Saydam National Public Health Agency, Virology Reference and Research Laboratory, Ankara, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 47:173-80. 2013..have been no case reports in Turkey due to DF, there is seroepidemiological evidence indicating the presence of Dengue virus (DENV) in Turkey. In this case report we presented an imported dengue fever case...
- Novel benzoxazole inhibitor of dengue virus replication that targets the NS3 helicaseChelsea M Byrd
SIGA Technologies, Inc, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:1902-12. 2013b>Dengue virus (DENV) is the predominant mosquito-borne viral pathogen that infects humans with an estimated 50 to 100 million infections per year worldwide...
- The cytokine response of U937-derived macrophages infected through antibody-dependent enhancement of dengue virus disrupts cell apical-junction complexes and increases vascular permeabilityHenry Puerta-Guardo
Department of Infectomics and Molecular Pathogenesis, Center for Research and Advanced Studies CINVESTAV, Mexico City, DF, Mexico
J Virol 87:7486-501. 2013..This work compares the cytokine responses of differentiated U937 human monocytic cells infected directly with dengue virus (DENV) or in the presence of enhancing concentrations of a humanized monoclonal antibody recognizing protein E (..
- Development of a double antibody sandwich ELISA for West Nile virus detection using monoclonal antibodies against non-structural protein 1Xi Xia Ding
Laboratory of Emerging Infectious Diseases and Division of Laboratory Medicine, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 9:e108623. 2014..specificity to WNV without cross-reaction with other related members of the flavivirus family, including the dengue virus, yellow fever virus, Japanese encephalitis virus, and tick-borne encephalitis virus...
- The estimation of imported dengue virus from ThailandSittisede Polwiang
Department of Mathematics, Silapakorn University, Muang, Nakorn Pathom, Thailand
J Travel Med 22:194-9. 2015..The risk of infection depends on the length of stay, activities, and arrival time. Due to globalization, there is a concern that infected travelers may carry dengue virus (DENV) to their country of residence and cause an outbreak.
- Evaluation of inapparent dengue infections during an outbreak in Southern ChinaTao Wang
Zhongshan Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Zhongshan, China Zhongshan Institute of the School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Zhongshan, China
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 9:e0003677. 2015Few studies evaluating inapparent dengue virus (DENV) infections have been conducted in China...
- Influenza virus infections in the tropics during the first year of lifeDaniel H Libraty
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, USA 01655
J Trop Pediatr 61:310-2. 2015..undifferentiated febrile illnesses in San Pablo, Laguna, Philippines, as part of an ongoing clinical study of dengue virus infections during infancy...
- Chikungunya Virus Infections Among Patients with Dengue-Like Illness at a Tertiary Care Hospital in the Philippines, 2012-2013John Mark Velasco
Department of Virology, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand Armed Forces of the Philippines Medical Service School, Quezon City, Philippines Department of Research and Training, Armed Forces of the Philippines Medical Center, Quezon City, Philippines Epidemiology Bureau, Department of Health, Manila, Philippines
Am J Trop Med Hyg 93:1318-24. 2015Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) often co-circulates with dengue virus (DENV)...
- Mayaro virus and dengue virus 1 and 4 natural infection in culicids from Cuiabá, state of Mato Grosso, BrazilOtacília Pereira Serra
Faculdade de Medicina, Centro de Ciências Básicas da Saúde I, Universidade Federal de Mato Grosso, Cuiaba, MT, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 111:20-9. 2016..One/171 Aedes aegypti was positive for dengue virus (DENV)-1, 12/403 Culex quinquefasciatus, and four/171Ae...
- Human C5a Protein Participates in the Mosquito Immune Response Against Dengue VirusBerlin Londono-Renteria
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC, 29209
J Med Entomol 53:505-512. 2016b>Dengue virus (DENV) is transmitted by Aedes spp mosquitoes during a bloodmeal uptake. The bloodmeal consists of host cells, immune factors, and possibly blood-borne pathogens, such as arboviruses...
- Dengue Virus Nonstructural Protein 5 (NS5) Assembles into a Dimer with a Unique Methyltransferase and Polymerase InterfaceValerie J Klema
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Sealy Center for Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 12:e1005451. 2016..We report the crystal structure of dengue virus full-length NS5, where eight molecules of NS5 are arranged as four independent dimers in the crystallographic ..
- Licensed Dengue Vaccine: Public Health Conundrum and Scientific ChallengeScott B Halstead
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 95:741-745. 2016..The reason(s) why CYD vaccine failed to raise protective dengue virus immunity are unknown...
- Preventing Zika Virus Infection during Pregnancy Using a Seasonal Window of Opportunity for ConceptionMicaela Elvira Martinez
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS Biol 14:e1002520. 2016..Like other acute viral infections-including the related flavivirus, dengue virus (DENV)-the transmission of ZIKV is anticipated to be seasonal...
- Domestic dengue infection with hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis successfully treated by early steroid therapyKota Yoshifuji
Department of Hematology, Ome Municipal General Hospital
Rinsho Ketsueki 57:864-8. 2016..He was hospitalized with sudden fever, fatigue, and weakness. He was eventually diagnosed with dengue virus infection, detected using reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction for the genome and by the presence of ..
- Contribution of intertwined loop to membrane association revealed by Zika virus full-length NS1 structureXiaoying Xu
School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
EMBO J 35:2170-2178. 2016..Comparative studies with West Nile and Dengue virus NS1 structures reveal conserved features, but diversified electrostatic characteristics on both inner and outer ..
- Differential susceptibility of Aedes aegypti to infection by the American and Southeast Asian genotypes of dengue type 2 virusP M Armstrong
Department of Virology and Immunology, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78245 0549, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 1:159-68. 2001..aegypti. Our findings could provide a physiological basis for the contrasting patterns of dengue virus genotype transmission and spread...
- La protein binds to NS5 and NS3 and to the 5' and 3' ends of Dengue 4 virus RNABeatriz María García-Montalvo
Departamento de Patologia Experimental, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Av I P N 2508, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico, D F C P 07360, Mexico
Virus Res 102:141-50. 2004In vitro replication of dengue virus requires the presence of cis-acting elements within the 5' end and the 3' UTR of the viral genome...
- Unexpected similarity between the cytosolic West Nile virus NS3 and the secretory furin-like serine proteinasesNabil G Seidah
Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, 110 Pine Ave West, Montreal, QC, H2W 1R7, Canada
Biochem J 393:e1-3. 2006..Structural modelling based on Dengue virus NS3 provided a possible rationale for the observed cleavage specificity of West Nile virus NS3.
- Serological and blood culture investigations of Nepalese fever patientsStuart D Blacksell
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:686-90. 2007..Kathmandu, Nepal, was performed to estimate the prevalence rates of scrub typhus, murine typhus, Leptospira and dengue virus antibodies and to determine their role in the cause of active infections...
- Evaluating the sensitivity of a commercial dengue NS1 antigen-capture ELISA for early diagnosis of acute dengue virus infectionV Kumarasamy
The National Public Health Laboratory, Ministry of Health, Lot 1853 Kg Melayu, Sungai Buloh 47000, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 48:669-73. 2007The aim of this report is to establish an accurate diagnosis of acute dengue virus infection early, in order to provide timely information for the management of patients and early public health control of dengue outbreak.
- High pro-inflammatory cytokine secretion and loss of high avidity cross-reactive cytotoxic T-cells during the course of secondary dengue virus infectionTao Dong
MRC Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 2:e1192. 2007Dengue is one of the most important human diseases transmitted by an arthropod vector and the incidence of dengue virus infection has been increasing - over half the world's population now live in areas at risk of infection...
- Fitness and Virulence of Dengue Virus in the Context of Changing Host ImmunityEva Harris; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Four serotypes of dengue virus (DENV-1-4) that circulate globally, causing more human illness than any other arthropod-borne virus...
- William C Black; Fiscal Year: 2014..Current control measures used against the primary dengue virus (DENV) mosquito vector, Aedes aegypti, include source reduction to control juveniles and space spraying to ..
- Fred Gould; Fiscal Year: 2014..The principal vector of dengue virus is the mosquito, Aedes aegypti, that lives in close association with humans and feed on human blood...
- William C Black; Fiscal Year: 2015..The focus of the proposed GIDRTP is to provide critical training in modern approaches for control of the dengue virus (DENV1-4) mosquito vector Aedes aegypti and subsequent prevention of epidemic dengue fever (DF) and Dengue ..
- Chimeric Alphavirus Vaccines for ChikungunyaScott C Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2010..Like dengue virus, CHIKV uses humans as amplifying hosts and therefore can disseminate readily in travelers, suggesting that it ..
- Yellow Fever/Dengue Virus Competence in Aedes aegypt aegypti/formosus in SenegalWilliam C Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..l.) is the primary vector to humans of yellow fever virus (YFV) and the four serotypes of dengue virus (DENV1-4)...
- Impacts of Urbanization on Vector Biology and Transmission of Dengue in ChinaXiaoguang Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..creates favorable conditions for the survival and reproduction of Dengue vectors and for the transmission of Dengue virus. This application tests the central hypothesis that environmental changes resulting from urbanization affect ..
- Edward D Walker; Fiscal Year: 2016..as a model ecosystem for study, we have now positioned our research to explore analogous relationships with the dengue virus vector Aedes aegypti. Several specific aims provide the research framework...
- Use of cell phones for field data capture in a Dengue Decision Support SystemSaul Lozano Fuentes; Fiscal Year: 2010..hired under a subcontract to UAY will accompany SSY teams during field surveillance and control of the dengue virus vector Aedes aegypti and duplicate data captured by SSY on paper forms through electronic data capture using ..
- Mariano A Garcia-Blanco; Fiscal Year: 2016..The molecular biology of dengue virus propagation in the mosquito vector is largely unknown, but the genome sequence, reverse genetic and functional ..
- Physical mapping of Aedes aegypti genomeMaria Sharakhova; Fiscal Year: 2011..The yellow fever mosquito, Aedes aegypti, is the primary global vector for dengue virus transmission. Because of its epidemiological importance, Ae...
- Aedes anti-dengue immunityGEORGE DIMOPOULOS DIMOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The molecular biology of dengue virus propagation in the mosquito vector is largely unknown, but the genome sequence and reverse genetic and ..
- Invasive Aedes Mosquitoes and Dengue in BrazilLeon Philip Lounibos; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the laboratory, stressed Aedes females being more susceptible to infection with and dissemination of dengue virus. A central goal of this project, which is more narrowly focused than a previous submission with Brazilian ..
- Dengue Infected Endothelial Cells Enhance Immune Cell ActivationErich R Mackow; Fiscal Year: 2013..DF), dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) and dengue shock syndrome (DSS) are diseases caused by 4 serotypes of dengue virus (DV)...
- Lynda G Tussey; Fiscal Year: 2015..response to all four serotypes of dengue viruses (DENV-1 to -4) because sequential infection by different dengue virus serotypes can lead to life-threatening dengue hemorrhagic fever or dengue shock syndrome...
- REBECCA R RICO-HESSE; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Mosquito Saliva in Dengue Virus Pathogenesis. Dengue virus is a single-stranded RNA Flavivirus that causes dengue fever (DF), the most prevalent arthropod-borne viral illness in humans...
- Novel Tetravalent Vaccines for Dengue VirusROBERT GERALD WHALEN; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus infection is an emerging disease and an expanding global health problem...
- A new synergy for flavivirus therapy: RNAi enhancement and viral mutagensKATHRYN ALYCE HANLEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..will test the hypothesis that enhancing RNAi will amplify the effect of mutagenic nucleoside analogs on dengue virus mutation rate and replication, and that the synergistic effect of RNAi enhancement will accelerate lethal ..
- Validation of Src kinases as Anti-Dengue Viral TargetsPRISCILLA LI NING YANG; Fiscal Year: 2012b>Dengue virus (DENV) is the most important mosquito-borne viral disease affecting humans today, with an estimated 2.5 billion living in areas at risk for epidemic transmission...
- Altered peptide ligands and immunopathogenesis of dengue virus infectionALLISON ANNE IMRIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..in the human response to primary and sequential dengue infection, testing the overarching hypothesis that dengue virus (DV)-specific memory T cells may be preferentially activated by altered peptide ligands (APL) representing ..
- Inhibiting Cellular Autophagy to Thwart Dengue Virus Packaging and ReplicationKarla Kirkegaard; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus, a category A pathogen, infects 40-100 million people each year...
- Determinants of protection and enhancement of dengue infection/disease in vivoEva Harris; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Four serotypes of dengue virus (DENV1-4) circulate globally, causing more human illness than any other arthropod-borne virus...
- Genetic approaches to discover host factors critical to dengue virus infectionJAN EDUARD CARETTE; Fiscal Year: 2012..A detailed understanding of the host functions that determine dengue virus replication and spread may accelerate the development of antiviral drugs...
- Metabolomics-based discovery of small molecule biomarkers for noninvasive dengueBarry J Beaty; Fiscal Year: 2013..disease (DEN) in Latin America in the last decade is of grave concern;30% of cases are now diagnosed as severe dengue virus (DENV) infections. DEN is overwhelming public health capacity for clinical care in much of the developing world...
- REBECCA R RICO-HESSE; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus (DV) is a single-stranded RNA Flavivirus that causes dengue fever (DF), the most prevalent arthropod-borne viral illness in humans...
- Tetravalent dengue vaccine based on complex adenovirus vectorsKanakatte Raviprakash; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus is a category A priority pathogen, as also the most important arbovirus causing human disease...
- Kovit Pattanapanyasat; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): One of the most perplexing issues with regards to dengue virus infection is the finding that whereas primary infection with one serotype leads to long term protection against the same serotype, ..
- Daniel H Libraty; Fiscal Year: 2015..The goal of this proposal is to delineate protective and pathogenic human immune responses against dengue virus (DENV) infections in the unique immunological setting of infancy...
- Second Generation Dengue VaccineDAN THOMAS STINCHCOMB; Fiscal Year: 2010..Inviragen's long term goal is to develop a safe and effective dengue vaccine. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Dengue virus (DEN), a mosquito-borne RNA virus, is the most important arthropod-borne viral infection of humans with about ..
- Dennis E Hruby; Fiscal Year: 2015..provided by applicant): There is an urgent need for new antivirals for both treatment and control of dengue virus, given that over 50 million people are infected worldwide with dengue every year, including 500,000 cases of ..
- Mucosal Vaccination Against Dengue Virus InfectionSUJAN contact SHRESTA; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Dengue virus (DENV) causes dengue fever (DF) and dengue hemorrhagic fever/dengue shock syndrome (DHF/DSS), the most prevalent mosquito-borne viral illnesses in humans worldwide...
- Soman N Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus (DENV) is the cause of the acute febrile and debilitating diseases dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)...
- Nanoscale Optofluidic Pathogen DetectionDavid Erickson; Fiscal Year: 2009..demonstrate the platform through the specific detection of viral pathogens (focusing on the four serotypes of Dengue virus which has been identified by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention as one of the emerging diseases of ..
- Michael G Rossmann; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus (DENV) causes dengue fever, the most prevalent arthropod-borne viral illness in humans (NIAID Category A pathogen)...
- Lindsey E Bazzone; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This investigation will explore the role of antibodies (Ab) in Dengue virus (DENV) pathogenesis using a two- part hypothesis-driven approach to studying antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) of DENV ..
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALYSIS OF DENGUE VIRUS SERINE PROTEASEKrishna Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2004..One of the long term goals of this study is to dissect the biochemical mechanism(s) by which dengue virus replicates in the permissive host cells...
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF DENGUE VIRUS ANTIGENS NS3 AND NS5Radhakrishnan Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2003..To study the mechanism of replication in the absence of virion assembly, a subgenomic dengue virus replicon expressing a readily quantifiable reporter gene product will be constructed. 3...
- Analysis of clinical laboratory variables for early dengue illness classificationJames Potts; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus infections are an emerging mosquito-borne disease. A continuing global pandemic of dengue illness causes approximately 50-100 million infections each year with 3...
- Novel small molecule inhibitors of dengue replicationDennis Hruby; Fiscal Year: 2009There is an urgent need for new antivirals for both treatment and control of dengue virus, given that over 50 million people are infected worldwide with dengue every year, including 500,000 cases of the more severe form of the disease, ..
- PULSED ELECTRIC FIELD DELIVERED DENGUE VACCINEAlan King; Fiscal Year: 2000..and effective polynucleotide dengue vaccine that induces an effective immune response to all four serotypes of dengue virus. 2. Improve a painless electric field based delivery system for the vaccine. 3...
- MICROCHIP-BASED FIELD ASSAY TO DETECT DENGUE VIRUSRICHARD MONTAGNA; Fiscal Year: 2000b>Dengue virus is the etiological agent responsible for Dengue Fever (DF), Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF), and Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS)...
- INTERFERENCE TO DENGUE VIRUS REPLICATION IN MOSQUITOESCarol Blair; Fiscal Year: 2006..The possibility that a counterdefensive dengue viral suppressor of RMI will be examined by use of a dengue virus infectious clone. 3...
- Structure Based Design of Dengue Virus Fusion InhibitorsSHERRI MILLIS; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Over half of the world population is at risk for infection by dengue virus, a mosquito borne member of the Flavivirus family that consists of four distinct serotypes...
- Discovery of Broad Spectrum Dengue Virus Proteinase InhibitorsAlan Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009Over half of the world population is at risk for infection by dengue virus, a mosquito borne member of the Flavivirus family that consists of four distinct serotypes...
- IMMUNE RESPONSES TO DENGUE VIRUSESFrancis Ennis; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (taken from applicants abstract): Dengue virus infections are a significant cause of morbidity and mortality in many areas of the world and are an emerging threat to the USA...
- A NOVEL ADENOVIRUS-BASED TETRAVALENT DENGUE VACCINESTEPHEN DEITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..We have chosen to focus our attention on one potential bioweapon: dengue virus. Dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever are incapacitating, potentially lethal diseases that are caused by ..
- Dengue Reporter Virus Neutralization Assay for Clinical StudiesEva Harris; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus (DENV) is the most significant cause of arthropod-borne viral disease in humans, resulting in an estimated 50 million cases of dengue fever and over 450,000 cases of life-threatening ..
- Host Genetics and Symptomatic Dengue InfectionRONALD BLANTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..A striking feature of infection with the dengue virus is that it is capable of producing a life-threatening illness or a mere laboratory finding associated with no ..
- Study of murine interferon responses to dengue virusSujan Shresta; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus (DEN), a NIAID bio-defense category A pathogen, causes dengue fever (DF) and dengue hemorrhagic fever/dengue shock syndrome (DHF/DSS), the most prevalent arthropod-borne ..
- MICROCHIP-BASED FIELD ASSAY TO DETECT DENGUE VIRUSRICHARD MONTAGNA; Fiscal Year: 2003Up to 100 million Dengue virus infections occur annually world wide. Associated pathologies (Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever, Dengue Shock Syndrome) result in >20,000 deaths annually, primarily in children...
- Jinsong Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2015..Multiple bloodfeedings enable mosquitoes to transmit disease pathogens, including malaria parasites and dengue virus, from one person to another...
- Tian Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..provided by applicant): The flaviviruses contain many pathogens of public health importance, including dengue virus (DENV) and West Nile virus (WNV) for which we have no licensed vaccines...
- Fatty Acid Synthase Inhibitors As Broad Spectrum Anti-Flaviviral TherapeuticsGlenn Randall; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue virus (DENV) is the most clinically important arbovirus and a Category A bioterrorism agent...
- Preventing lethal hemorrhagic fever caused by hantaviruses by preserving endothelALAN L MUELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..g. Ebola virus, Lassa fever virus, Dengue virus, etc.)...
- DC-SIGN Inhibitors for the Treatment of HIV InfectionALLEN BERNARD REITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..cell receptor for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1 and HIV-2), simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV), dengue virus, Marburg virus, hepatitis C, Ebola, and cytomegalovirus...
- Antiviral potential of helicase inhibitorsDavid N Frick; Fiscal Year: 2012..RNA viruses, focusing on pathogens with abnormally high global burdens of disease: hepatitis C virus (HCV), Dengue virus (DENV), West Nile virus (WNV), Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV), yellow fever virus (YFV), and human ..
- Alternative regulation of ISGs in WNV-infected cellsMargo A Brinton; Fiscal Year: 2013..flaviviruses, including West Nile virus (WNV), Japanese encephalitis virus, tick- borne encephalitis virus and dengue virus, are significant human pathogens...
- Insulin, IGF and Insulin Signaling: effects on Anopheles lifespan and immunityMICHAEL ALLEN RIEHLE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Relevance: Many mosquito-borne disease agents, including malaria parasites, dengue virus, and West Nile virus, must develop in mosquitoes for extended periods before being transmitted to humans...
- Scott A Smith; Fiscal Year: 2016..This information is of timely importance, as it is needed for the rational design of an effective dengue virus vaccine...
- Malaria vaccines modified with TLR agonist adjuvantElizabeth H Nardin; Fiscal Year: 2010..currently in clinical trial) and flaviviruses such as West Nile virus, Japanese encephalitis virus, and Dengue virus by VaxInnate...
- The Mechanisms of IFITM-Mediated RestrictionI Chueh Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..IFITM) proteins critical to the interferon-mediated control of several pathogenic viruses, including IAV, dengue virus and West Nile virus...
- The role of the host Ca/Mn pump in emergence of novel viral RNA recombinantsPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2010..the similarity of TBSV replicase proteins to proteins of important pathogens, such as Hepatitis C virus (HCV), dengue virus, West Nile virus and other Flaviviruses and Pestiviruses...
- Measuring Entomological Risk for DengueTHOMAS WALLACE SCOTT; Fiscal Year: 2010..patterns on exposure of people to bites from mosquito vectors is a major knowledge gap in the understanding of dengue virus (DV) transmission dynamics. Because Ae...
- A VEE Replicon-Based Vaccine for Dengue VirusLaura White; Fiscal Year: 2006b>Dengue virus (DEN), a priority "A" pathogen on the NIH/CDC list of bioterrorism related and emerging pathogens, infects humans causing a spectrum of clinical manifestations including dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever and dengue shock ..
- Anti-Flavivirus ImmunotherapeuticsEILEEN NAKANO; Fiscal Year: 2001..However, the undefined nature of hyperimmune serum is unsuitable for dengue virus disease treatment...
- Functional role of a host metabolic enzyme in viral replicationPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2010..the similarity of TBSV replicase proteins to proteins of important pathogens, such as Hepatitis C virus (HCV), dengue virus, West Nile virus and other Flaviviruses and Pestiviruses...
- A Novel Method of Generating Hepatitis C Virus-Like Particles using LentivirusBoro Dropulic; Fiscal Year: 2009..viruses;E1E2 of hepatitis C virus, prM and E of yellow fever virus, prM and E of West Nile virus, E of Dengue virus and HA of influenza virus can all be efficiently pseudotyped onto rVLPs...
- Host factors involved in viral RNA recombinationPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2006..has been demonstrated to occur for a large number of human, animal and plant viruses, including poliovirus, dengue virus, infectious bronchitis virus, influenza A virus, hantavirus, hepatitis D virus, Human Respiratory Syncytial ..
- Development of Novel Small Molecule Flavivirus InhibitorsERIC W BARKLIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..of related flaviviruses such as the Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) and the category A biodefense pathogen Dengue virus (DENV)...
- A HTS Assay for Identifying Anti-Viral Drugs Against Arbovirus InfectionsQianjun Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..Several recent human and/or animal epidemics are caused by arboviruses, including Dengue virus (DNV) in Asia, West Nile virus (WNV) in North America and Bluetongue virus (BTV) in Europe...
- POPULATION GENETICS OF AEDES AEGYPTI IN THE WEST INDIESDavid Severson; Fiscal Year: 1999..aegypti particularly as it relates to mosquito control measures. Ae. aegypti is the host for Dengue virus as well as yellow fever virus...
- Does Dengue Virus Suppress RNA Interference in its Mosquito Vector?KATHRYN ALYCE HANLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Vaccines are needed for many flaviviruses, particularly dengue virus, and mutations that disable VSR's may contribute to attenuation of vaccine candidates...
- Role of an essential RNA chaperone in virus replicationPeter Nagy; Fiscal Year: 2006..numerous other important human and animal viruses (hepatitis C virus, flavivirus, including West Nile virus and dengue virus, pestiviruses) and plant viruses (luteo- and carmoviruses), understanding the mechanism of RNA replication in ..
- Dengue Epitope Vaccine,Tetravalent & MHCII-TargetedJ Thomas August; Fiscal Year: 2007..The vaccine constructs will be validated for human dengue virus specific T- and B-cell responses by the human ex vivo assay system (Project 2), and by mouse immunization for ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF POLIOVIRUS RNA REPLICATIONJames Bert Flanegan; Fiscal Year: 2010..RNA viruses that form a large group of important human pathogens include hepatitis C virus, West Nile virus, dengue virus and the SARS-associated coronavirus...
- Determinants of RNA virus evolutionISABEL NOVELLA; Fiscal Year: 2009..and C viruses, HIV, influenza virus, most of the cold viruses, rabies virus, Ebola virus, West Nile virus, and dengue virus. We face major difficulties in controlling these viral diseases because of the viruses'escape from immune ..
- Apoptosis as an anti-viral response in mosquito midgutROLLIE CLEM; Fiscal Year: 2007..are important vectors for a number of infectious diseases caused by arboviruses including West Nile virus, dengue virus, yellow fever virus, LaCrosse virus, and Venezuelan, eastern and western equine encephalitis viruses...
- Recombinant antigen assays for Lassa and other arenaviruRobert Garry; Fiscal Year: 2005..a deliberate release, and allow the virus used to be distinguished from other hemorrhagic fever viruses such as dengue virus or Ebola virus that may have similar case presentations...
- Arbovirus quasispecies-impact of arthropod transmissionGREGORY EBEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..RNA viruses, such as West Nile virus, Dengue virus, Rift Valley fever virus and Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis virus, exist within each host as a genetically ..
- Yeast-Based High-throughput Assays for Proteases of Category A, B, & C VirusesHong Fang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the proposed studies, we will develop yeast assays for proteases produced by seven RNA viruses: Dengue Virus, West Nile Virus, Japanese Encephalitis Virus, Yellow Fever Virus, Hepatitis A Virus, SARS coronavirus, and ..
- Broad-Spectrum Therapeutic Human Antibodies for Dengue Virus InfectionsYorgo Modis; Fiscal Year: 2006..epitopes can prevent and treat infection by several different flaviviruses, including all 4 serotypes of dengue virus and West Nile virus (WNV). Passive immunization is an accepted medical practice to protect against infection...
- Lethal Mutagenesis as an Antiviral StrategyCraig Cameron; Fiscal Year: 2007..Establish dengue virus type 2 as a model system for evaluation of lethal mutagenesis by characterizing the mechanism of action of ..
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE ANALOG AND METHOD FOR TREATING FLAVIVIRUS INFECTIONSPatent Number: JP2016041065-A; Date:2016-03-31
- RNA MICROCHIP DETECTION USING NANOPARTICLE-ASSISTED SIGNAL AMPLIFICATIONPatent Number: JP2016515827-A; Date:2016-06-02
- MONO- OR DI-SUBSTITUTED INDOLE DERIVATIVES AS DENGUE VIRAL REPLICATION INHIBITORSPatent Number: WO2016050841-A1; Date:2016-04-07
- MONO- OR DI-SUBSTITUTED INDOLES AS DENGUE VIRAL REPLICATION INHIBITORSPatent Number: WO2016050831-A1; Date:2016-04-07
- INDOLE DERIVATIVES AS DENGUE VIRAL REPLICATION INHIBITORSPatent Number: WO2016113371-A1; Date:2016-07-21
- FLAVIVIRUS VIRUS LIKE PARTICLEPatent Number: WO2016038895-A; Date:2016-03-17
- DENGUE SEROTYPE 2 ATTENUATED STRAINPatent Number: KR1020140019034-A; Date:2014-02-13
- DENGUE SEROTYPE 1 ATTENUATED STRAINPatent Number: KR1020140006119-A; Date:2014-01-15
- RNA MICROCHIP DETECTION USING NANOPARTICLE-ASSISTED SIGNAL AMPLIFICATIONPatent Number: KR1020150139582-A; Date:2015-12-11
- Dengue Serotype 1 attenuated StrainPatent Number: JP2008546382-A; Date:2008-12-25
- COMPOSITIONS FOR USE IN IDENTIFICATION OF VIRAL HEMORRHAGIC FEVER VIRUSESPatent Number: JP2008504017-A; Date:2008-02-14
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE ANALOG AND METHOD FOR TREATING FLAVIVIRUS INFECTIONSPatent Number: JP2007527227-A; Date:2007-09-27
- Dengue virus capsid protein which induces a protective response and pharmaceutical compositionPatent Number: WO2007031034-A1; Date:2007-03-22
- Dengue Serotype 2 attenuated StrainPatent Number: JP2008546383-A; Date:2008-12-25
- DENGUE VIRUS CAPSID PROTEIN WHICH INDUCES A PROTECTIVE RESPONSE AND PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITIONPatent Number: KR1020130100026-A; Date:2013-09-06
- PROBES AND PRIMERS FOR DETECTION OF DENGUEPatent Number: KR1020130031909-A; Date:2013-03-29
- METHOD OF IMMUNISATION AGAINST THE FOUR SEROTYPES OF DENGUEPatent Number: KR1020090027759-A; Date:2009-03-17
- The capsid protein of Dengue virus inducer of a protective immune response and pharmaceutical compositionPatent Number: JP2009507864-A; Date:2009-02-26
- Live attenuated dengue 3 virus strainsPatent Number: WO2007141259-A; Date:2007-12-13
- Method of immunisation against the four serotypes of denguePatent Number: WO2008007021-A; Date:2008-01-17
- Method of Immunization against the 4 serotypes of Dengue feverPatent Number: JP2010511022-A; Date:2010-04-08
- Infectious flavivirus pseudo-particles containing functional prm and/or e proteinsPatent Number: WO2004078986-A1; Date:2004-09-16
- Development of dengue virus vaccine componentsPatent Number: WO2008022196-A2; Date:2008-02-21
- Immunization protocol against the 4 dengue serotypesPatent Number: WO2008065315-A1; Date:2008-06-05
- Vaccine compositions for the treatment of dengue fever and uses thereofPatent Number: WO2009130261-A1; Date:2009-10-29
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE ANALOG AND METHOD FOR TREATING FLAVIVIRUS INFECTIONSPatent Number: JP2010042015-A; Date:2010-02-25
- Method of immunization against the 4 dengue serotypesPatent Number: JP2010505801-A; Date:2010-02-25
- DENGUE VIRUS ASSAYPatent Number: JP2013502936-A; Date:2013-01-31
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE ANALOG AND METHOD FOR TREATING FLAVIVIRUS INFECTIONSPatent Number: JP2013212110-A; Date:2013-10-17
- Infectious flavivirus pseudo-particles containing functional prM-E envelope proteinsPatent Number: EP1454988-A1; Date:2004-09-08
- Dengue chimeric virusesPatent Number: WO2007093472-A1; Date:2007-08-23
- DENGUE VIRUS ASSAYPatent Number: WO2011026139-A1; Date:2011-03-03
- Dengue vaccine, pharmaceutical composition comprising the same, and nucleotide moleculePatent Number: EP2428220-A1; Date:2012-03-14
- Oligonucleotide analog and method for treating flavivirus infectionsPatent Number: WO2005030800-A2; Date:2005-04-07
- PROBES AND PRIMERS FOR DETECTION OF DENGUEPatent Number: EP2598658-A1; Date:2013-06-05
- Development of dengue virus vaccine componentsPatent Number: EP2589602-A2; Date:2013-05-08
- Dengue serotype 1 attenuated strainPatent Number: WO2006134433-A1; Date:2006-12-21
- Dengue serotype 2 attenuated strainPatent Number: WO2006134443-A1; Date:2006-12-21
- Immunisation method against the 4 dengue serotypesPatent Number: WO2008047023-A2; Date:2008-04-24