Genomes and Genes
Dengue virus group
Alias: Dengue viruses
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular strategies for interrupting arthropod-borne virus transmission by mosquitoesC D Blair
Arthropod Borne and Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1677, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 13:651-61. 2000..Sense and antisense genome sequences from La Crosse virus (LAC) (a member of the Bunyaviridae) and dengue viruses serotypes 1 to 4 (DEN-1 to DEN-4) (members of the Flaviviridae) were expressed in mosquito cells from double-..
- Epidemiology of hemorrhagic fever virusesJ W LeDuc
Disease Assessment Division, U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Frederick, Maryland 21701 5001
Rev Infect Dis 11:S730-5. 1989..Most hemorrhagic fever viruses are zoonoses, with the possible exception of the four dengue viruses, which may continually circulate among humans...
- Secondary dengue virus type 4 infections in VietnamPhilippe Buchy
Institut Pasteur in Nha Trang, Nha Trang City, Vietnam
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 36:178-85. 2005..Anti-dengue and anti-JE virus IgG were measured by an ELISA test. Dengue viruses were isolated in cell culture and/or detected by RT-PCR in 20.8% of blood samples...
- Screening of mosquitoes using SYBR Green I-based real-time RT-PCR with group-specific primers for detection of Flaviviruses and Alphaviruses in TaiwanCheng Fen Yang
Department of Health, Research and Diagnostic Center, Centers for Disease Control, Taipei, Taiwan
J Virol Methods 168:147-51. 2010..fuscocephala females. These viruses were isolated from half of the positive pools. Dengue viruses were detected in 2 pools of 43 Aedes aegypti females...
- [Aedes albopictus, vector of chikungunya and dengue viruses in Reunion Island: biology and control]H Delatte
UR 016, IRD, BP 64501, 34394 Montpellier 5, France
Parasite 15:3-13. 2008..In order to prevent such epidemics, a preventive plan for arboviruses upsurge is ongoing processed. This plan would allow a quicker response to the threat and adapt it according to the virus and its specific vector...
- Dengue aggravation in developing countries in 2007Xun Li
Biosci Trends 1:4. 2007
- Evaluation of RT-PCR as a tool for diagnosis of secondary dengue virus infectionAreerat Sa-ngasang
National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
Jpn J Infect Dis 56:205-9. 2003..When the data of secondary infection cases were analyzed based on fever day, dengue viruses were isolated from all of the 5 samples which were collected on fever day -2 or earlier, in 5 of 13 samples on ..
- Gene flow, subspecies composition, and dengue virus-2 susceptibility among Aedes aegypti collections in SenegalMassamba Sylla
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e408. 2009Aedes aegypti, the "yellow fever mosquito", is the primary vector to humans of the four serotypes of dengue viruses (DENV1-4) and yellow fever virus (YFV) and is a known vector of Chikungunya virus...
- Preclinical and clinical development of YFV 17D-based chimeric vaccines against dengue, West Nile and Japanese encephalitis virusesBruno Guy
Sanofi Pasteur, Research and Development, 1541 Av Marcel Merieux, 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France
Vaccine 28:632-49. 2010b>Dengue viruses (DENV), West Nile virus (WNV) and Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) are major global health and growing medical problems...
- Yellow fever virus/dengue-2 virus and yellow fever virus/dengue-4 virus chimeras: biological characterization, immunogenicity, and protection against dengue encephalitis in the mouse modelThomas J Chambers
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, St Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Virol 77:3655-68. 2003..viruses replicated in cell lines of vertebrate and mosquito origin to levels comparable to those of homologous dengue viruses but less efficiently than the YF5.2iv parent...
- Antibodies against prM protein distinguish between previous infection with dengue and Japanese encephalitis virusesMary Jane Cardosa
Institute of Health and Community Medicine, Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia
BMC Microbiol 2:9. 2002In Southeast Asia, dengue viruses often co-circulate with other flaviviruses such as Japanese encephalitis virus, and due to the presence of shared antigenic epitopes it is often difficult to use serological methods to distinguish between ..
- Distribution and seasonality of vertically transmitted dengue viruses in Aedes mosquitoes in arid and semi-arid areas of Rajasthan, IndiaBennet Angel
Desert Medicine Research Centre, Indian Council of Medical Research, Jodhpur, India
J Vector Borne Dis 45:56-9. 2008..albopictus and Ae. vittatus has been made in desert and non-desert districts of Rajasthan, India from 2006 to 2007. The observations revealed role of different Aedes species in transmission and retention of dengue virus...
- Double infection of heteroserotypes of dengue viruses in field populations of Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus (Diptera: Culicidae) and serological features of dengue viruses found in patients in southern ThailandUsavadee Thavara
National Institute of Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 37:468-76. 2006In order to understand more about the epidemiology of DHF, a study of the type of dengue viruses and vectors under natural conditions was carried out...
- Inactivation of dengue virus by methylene blue/narrow bandwidth light systemQing Huang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Southwestern Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400038, PR China
J Photochem Photobiol B 77:39-43. 2004..0 microg/ml) could only completely inactivate virus using longer times (25 min). The results of this virus inactivation model indicate that our MB/narrow bandwidth light system provides a powerful, easy way to inactivate dengue viruses.
- Entry into and production of the Japanese encephalitis virus from C6/36 cellsVerawan Boonsanay
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Nakorn Pathom, Thailand
Intervirology 50:85-92. 2007....
- Nonstructural protein 1 antibody-based epitope-blocking enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to differentiate Japanese encephalitis virus from dengue virus infections in humansEiji Konishi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of International Health, Kobe University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Kobe 654 0142, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 64:284-91. 2011Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) and the four dengue viruses (DENV1-4) are co-distributed in Southeast and South Asia...
- Crystal structure of Dengue virus NS3 protease in complex with a Bowman-Birk inhibitor: implications for flaviviral polyprotein processing and drug designH M Murthy
Center for Macromolecular Crystallography, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1918 University Boulevard, 79 THT MCLM 244, Birmingham, AL, 35294 0005, USA
J Mol Biol 301:759-67. 2000b>Dengue viruses are members of the Flaviviridae and cause dengue fever and the more severe dengue hemorrhagic fever...
- Diagnosis of dengue infection using various diagnostic tests in the early stage of illnessRangsima Lolekha
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine at Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 35:391-5. 2004..Of these, 12 had primary infection and 19 had secondary infection. Dengue fever occurred in 9 cases. Dengue viruses were isolated from 28 out of 31 patients, and dengue hemorrhagic fever was diagnosed in 22 patients...
- The zoonotic flaviviruses of southern, south-eastern and eastern Asia, and Australasia: the potential for emergent virusesJ S Mackenzie
Australian Biosecurity Cooperative Research Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Division of Health Sciences, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
Zoonoses Public Health 56:338-56. 2009..Nile (WN), Murray Valley encephalitis (MVE), tick-borne encephalitis, Kyasanur Forest disease virus, and the dengue viruses. Other members are known to be associated with mild febrile disease in humans, or with no known disease...
- Current status of flavivirus vaccinesA D Barrett
Department of Pathology and Center for Tropical Diseases, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0609, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 951:262-71. 2001..The "Chimerivax" platform has been used to construct chimeric Japanese encephalitis and dengue viruses that are in different phases of development. Similar strategies are being used by other laboratories.
- Aedes aegypti pupal/demographic surveys in southern Mexico: consistency and practicalityJ I Arredondo-Jimenez
Centro de Investigacion de Paludismo, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Apartado Postal 537, Tapachula, Chiapas 30700, Mexico
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 100:S17-S32. 2006In interventions aimed at the control of the immature stages of Aedes aegypti (L.), the principal vector of the dengue viruses, attempts are often made to treat or manage all larval habitats in households...
- Cross-reactive T-cell responses to the nonstructural regions of dengue viruses among dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever patients in MalaysiaRamapraba Appanna
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya, 50603, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:969-77. 2007..The ELISPOT analyses also revealed high frequencies of T cells that recognize both serotype-specific and cross-reactive dengue virus antigens in patients with DHF...
- Serotype-specific detection of dengue viruses in a fourplex real-time reverse transcriptase PCR assayBarbara W Johnson
Diagnostic and Reference Laboratory, Arbovirus Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3150 Rampart Rd, Fort, Collins, CO 80521
J Clin Microbiol 43:4977-83. 2005....
- Cost-effective real-time reverse transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR) to screen for Dengue virus followed by rapid single-tube multiplex RT-PCR for serotyping of the virusYee Ling Lai
National Environment Agency, Environmental Health Institute, 11 Biopolis Way, 06 05 08 Helios Block, Singapore 138667
J Clin Microbiol 45:935-41. 2007..second RT-PCR assay is a duplex fluorogenic probe-based real-time RT-PCR for serotyping clinical samples for dengue viruses. The detection threshold of the probe-based RT-PCR format was 0...
- Infection-enhancing and -neutralizing activities of mouse monoclonal antibodies against dengue type 2 and 4 viruses are controlled by complement levelsAtsushi Yamanaka
Department of Health Sciences, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 10 2, Tomogaoka, Suma ku, Kobe 654 0142, Japan
J Virol 82:927-37. 2008b>Dengue viruses are distributed widely in the tropical and subtropical areas of the world and cause dengue fever and its severer form, dengue hemorrhagic fever...
- Development of a novel DNA SynCon tetravalent dengue vaccine that elicits immune responses against four serotypesMathura P Ramanathan
VGX Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 450 Sentry Parkway, Blue Bell, PA 19422, United States
Vaccine 27:6444-53. 2009..Four distinct serotypes of dengue viruses are transmitted to humans through the bites of the mosquitoes...
- Influence of urban landscapes on population dynamics in a short-distance migrant mosquito: evidence for the dengue vector Aedes aegyptiRyan R Hemme
Department of Biological Sciences, Eck Institute for Global Health, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e634. 2010b>Dengue viruses are endemic across most tropical and subtropical regions. Because no proven vaccines are available, dengue prevention is primarily accomplished through controlling the mosquito vector Aedes aegypti...
- Bispecific monoclonal antibodies mediate binding of dengue virus to erythrocytes in a monkey model of passive viremiaC S Hahn
Beirne B Carter Center for Immunology Research, Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 166:1057-65. 2001b>Dengue viruses (DEN), causative agents of dengue fever (DF) and more severe dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)/dengue shock syndrome, infect over 100 million people every year...
- Infection of human primary hepatocytes with dengue virus serotype 2Lukkana Suksanpaisan
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Thailand
J Med Virol 79:300-7. 2007While the impact of the dengue viruses on liver function is prominent as shown by hepatomegaly, liver enzyme abnormality, occasional fulminant hepatic failure and histological changes including hepatocellular necrosis, significant debate ..
- [Serologic survey for yellow fever and other arboviruses among inhabitants of Rio Branco, Brazil, before and three months after receiving the yellow fever 17D vaccine]Jose Tavares-Neto
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 37:1-6. 2004..the risk of urban yellow fever seems insignificant, although the lower prevalence of HI antibodies to dengue viruses, is of concern and inhabitants are under high risk of dengue outbreaks, especially to DEN-3 recently ..
- Growth and production of the dengue virus in C6/36 cells and identification of a laminin-binding protein as a candidate serotype 3 and 4 receptor proteinPrirayapak Sakoonwatanyoo
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Intervirology 49:161-72. 2006..the most common mosquito-borne viral diseases, few studies have investigated the relationship between the dengue virus and mosquito cells, and this study sought to describe the binding and propagation of the dengue viruses in C6/36 cells.
- A tetravalent dengue vaccine based on a complex adenovirus vector provides significant protection in rhesus monkeys against all four serotypes of dengue virusKanakatte Raviprakash
Viral and Rickettsial Diseases Department, Naval Medical Research Center, 503 Robert Grant Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
J Virol 82:6927-34. 2008Nearly a third of the human population is at risk of infection with the four serotypes of dengue viruses, and it is estimated that more than 100 million infections occur each year...
- Spatial and temporal clustering of dengue virus transmission in Thai villagesMammen P Mammen
Department of Virology, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences AFRIMS, Bangkok, Thailand
PLoS Med 5:e205. 2008Transmission of dengue viruses (DENV), the leading cause of arboviral disease worldwide, is known to vary through time and space, likely owing to a combination of factors related to the human host, virus, mosquito vector, and environment...
- Two contiguous outbreaks of dengue type 2 in north QueenslandJ N Hanna
Tropical Public Health Unit, Queensland Health, Cairns
Med J Aust 168:221-5. 1998..To investigate two outbreaks of dengue type 2 in north Queensland, one in the Torres Strait beginning in late 1996, the other in a Cairns suburb in early 1997...
- Typing of dengue viruses in clinical specimens and mosquitoes by single-tube multiplex reverse transcriptase PCRE Harris
Program in Molecular Pathogenesis, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0422, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:2634-9. 1998In recent years, dengue viruses (serotypes 1 to 4) have spread throughout tropical regions worldwide...
- Concurrent infections by all four dengue virus serotypes during an outbreak of dengue in 2006 in Delhi, IndiaPreeti Bharaj
Department of Microbiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Virol J 5:1. 2008..from many parts of the world including India, however concurrent infection with more than one serotype of dengue viruses in the same individual is rarely documented...
- Development of real time PCR for detection and quantitation of Dengue VirusesK R Gurukumar
National Institute of Virology, 20A Dr, Ambedkar Road, Pune 411001, India
Virol J 6:10. 2009..Several real-time PCR assays have been described for dengue viruses, but there is scope for improvement...
- Dengue hemorrhagic fever in infants: research opportunities ignoredScott B Halstead
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:1474-9. 2002..The four dengue viruses were isolated from Thai infants, all of whom were having a primary dengue infection...
- Neurological manifestations of dengue infectionT Solomon
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Unit, Cho Quan Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Lancet 355:1053-9. 2000..Severe forms of dengue, the most important arboviral infection of man, are associated with haemorrhagic disease and a generalised vascular leak syndrome. The importance of dengue as a cause of neurological disease is uncertain...
- One-step rapid reverse transcription-PCR assay for detecting and typing dengue viruses with GC tail and induced fluorescence resonance energy transfer techniques for melting temperature and color multiplexingConstance L H Lo
Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Clin Chem 53:594-9. 2007Dengue fever is an arthropod-borne infection caused by dengue viruses (DVs; DEN-1 to DEN-4)...
- ProactiveVector control strategies and improved monitoring and evaluation practices for dengue preventionLars Eisen
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Med Entomol 46:1245-55. 2009..This problem has multiple root causes, including uncontrolled urbanization, increased global spread of dengue viruses, and vector and dengue control programs not being provided adequate resources...
- An in-depth analysis of original antigenic sin in dengue virus infectionClaire M Midgley
Department of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
J Virol 85:410-21. 2011The evolution of dengue viruses has resulted in four antigenically similar yet distinct serotypes. Infection with one serotype likely elicits lifelong immunity to that serotype, but generally not against the other three...
- Nucleotide sequence and deduced amino acid sequence of the nonstructural proteins of dengue type 2 virus, Jamaica genotype: comparative analysis of the full-length genomeV Deubel
Division of Vector Borne Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control, Fort Collins, Colorado 80522
Virology 165:234-44. 1988..of dengue 2 viruses of different topotypes reveal 90-95% similarity, with 64-66% similarity evident between dengue viruses of different serotypes...
- Dengue virus binding to human leukocyte cell lines: receptor usage differs between cell types and virus strainsH Bielefeldt-Ohmann
Molecular Virology Group, Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Queensland, QLD 4072, Brisbane, Australia
Virus Res 73:81-9. 2001Monocyte macrophages (Mphi) are thought to be the principal target cells for the dengue viruses (DV), the cause of dengue fever and hemorrhagic fever...
- Dengue: an arthropod-borne disease of global importanceA T A Mairuhu
Department of Internal Medicine, Slotervaart Hospital, Louwesweg 6, 1066 EC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:425-33. 2004b>Dengue viruses cause a variable spectrum of disease that ranges from an undifferentiated fever to dengue fever to the potentially fatal dengue shock syndrome...
- Using RNA interference to develop dengue virus resistance in genetically modified Aedes aegyptiEmily A Travanty
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Arthropod Borne and Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Colorado State University, Foothills Research Campus, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 34:607-13. 2004..aegypti mosquitoes can profoundly and permanently reduce vector competence and subsequent transmission of dengue viruses (DENV) to human hosts...
- Laboratory diagnosis of dengue virus infection: current and future perspectives in clinical diagnosis and public healthChuan Liang Kao
Department and Graduate Institute of Medical Technology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 38:5-16. 2005..as nucleic acid chips, protein chips and new biomarkers to avoid cross-reactivity among different serotypes of dengue viruses and other flaviviruses, plus development of internationally standardized guidelines to improve quality ..
- Dengue virus inhibits alpha interferon signaling by reducing STAT2 expressionMeleri Jones
DDRC, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Rowland Hill St, London NW3 2PF, United Kingdom
J Virol 79:5414-20. 2005..is a key mediator of innate antiviral responses but has little effect on the established replication of dengue viruses, which are mosquito-borne flaviviruses of immense global health importance...
- Diagnostic methods for detection & isolation of dengue viruses from vector mosquitoesP Philip Samuel
Centre for Research in Medical Entomology ICMR, Madurai, India
Indian J Med Res 123:615-28. 2006..This review describes the development of various techniques involved in detection and isolation of dengue viruses in mosquitoes...
- Comparative analysis reveals no consistent association between the secondary structure of the 3'-untranslated region of dengue viruses and disease syndromeYang Zhou
Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics, Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, Mueller Laboratory, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Gen Virol 87:2595-603. 2006..It was concluded that the 3'-UTR is not the sole determinant of DENV virulence in nature, although variation in secondary structure may greatly influence viral fitness...
- Essential role of dengue virus envelope protein N glycosylation at asparagine-67 during viral propagationJuan A Mondotte
Fundacion Instituto Leloir, Avenida Patricias Argentinas 435, Buenos Aires 1405, Argentina
J Virol 81:7136-48. 2007..at position 153 is conserved in most flaviviruses, while the site at position 67 is thought to be unique for dengue viruses. N-linked oligosaccharide side chains on flavivirus E proteins have been associated with viral morphogenesis, ..
- Phylogenetic analysis of dengue viruses isolated from imported dengue patients: possible aid for determining the countries where infections occurredMikako Ito
Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Disease, Tokyo, Japan
J Travel Med 14:233-44. 2007Molecular epidemiology of dengue viruses in endemic countries have been reported, but few were reported on the imported dengue cases among travelers...
- Dengue viruses in Brazil, 1986-2006Rita Maria Ribeiro Nogueira
Flavivirus Laboratory, Department of Virology, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Avenida Brasil 4365, 21040 190, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Rev Panam Salud Publica 22:358-63. 2007..Unusual clinical symptoms, including central nervous system involvement, have been observed in dengue patients in at least three regions of the country...
- Quantum dots encapsulated with amphiphilic alginate as bioprobe for fast screening anti-dengue virus agentsChung Hao Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biosens Bioelectron 24:1018-25. 2008..Results showed that BHK-21 cells infected with dengue viruses incorporated with QDs exhibited bright fluorescence intracellularly within 30 min...
- Evaluation of chimeric Japanese encephalitis and dengue viruses for use in diagnostic plaque reduction neutralization testsBarbara W Johnson
Diagnostic and Reference Laboratory, Arbovirus Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases DVBID, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:1052-9. 2009..Wild-type (wt) viruses used in the PRNT may be difficult to grow and plaque titrate, such as the dengue viruses (DENV), and/or may require biosafety level 3 (BSL3) containment, such as West Nile virus (WNV), St...
- [Pathophysiological mechanisms of dengue fever: critical review of current concepts]X Deparis
Département d épidémiologie et de santé publique, IRBA IMTSSA, Le Pharo, Marseille, France
Med Trop (Mars) 69:351-7. 2009..According to the World Health Organization, a person infected by one of the dengue viruses can develop symptoms ranging from the classical self-limiting form characterized by high temperature, headache,..
- Multiyear climate variability and dengue--El Niño southern oscillation, weather, and dengue incidence in Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Thailand: a longitudinal data analysisMichael A Johansson
Dengue Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America
PLoS Med 6:e1000168. 2009The mosquito-borne dengue viruses are a major public health problem throughout the tropical and subtropical regions of the world...
- Domain III of the envelope protein as a dengue vaccine targetMaria G Guzman
Department of Virology, PAHO WHO Collaborating Center for the Study of Dengue and its Vector, Pedro Kouri Tropical Medicine Institute, Autopista Novia del Mediodia, Km 6, Apdo 601, Marianao 13, Havana, Cuba
Expert Rev Vaccines 9:137-47. 2010A dengue vaccine should induce long-lasting, simultaneous protection to the four dengue viruses while avoiding the immune enhancement of viral infection...
- Suppressing Aedes albopictus, an emerging vector of dengue and chikungunya viruses, by a novel combination of a monomolecular film and an insect-growth regulatorMark Nelder
Center for Vector Biology, Department of Entomology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:831-7. 2010..albopictus (Skuse) is rapidly increasing its global range and importance in transmission of chikungunya and dengue viruses. We tested pellet formulations of a monomolecular film (Agnique) and (S)-methoprene (Altosid) under laboratory ..
- Gene expression patterns of dengue virus-infected children from nicaragua reveal a distinct signature of increased metabolismP ng Loke
Department of Medical Parasitology, School of Medicine, New York University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e710. 2010Infection with dengue viruses (DENV) leads to a spectrum of disease outcomes...
- Inhibitory effect of small interfering RNA on dengue virus replication in mosquito cellsXinwei Wu
Guangzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 23 Zhongshan 3rd Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Virol J 7:270. 2010b>Dengue viruses (DENs) are the wildest transmitted mosquito-borne pathogens throughout tropical and sub-tropical regions worldwide. Infection with DENs can cause severe flu-like illness and potentially fatal hemorrhagic fever...
- Synthesis of a 6-methyl-7-deaza analogue of adenosine that potently inhibits replication of polio and dengue virusesRunzhi Wu
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66047, USA
J Med Chem 53:7958-66. 2010....
- Galactomannan thin films as supports for the immobilization of Concanavalin A and/or dengue virusesFrancine Valenga
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Int J Biol Macromol 50:88-94. 2012..These results indicate that GML is a potential polysaccharide for biomaterials development, as those could involve interactions between ConA in immune system and viruses...
- Rapid identification of Chikungunya and Dengue virus by a real-time reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification methodXi Lu
Department of Respiratory, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:947-53. 2012..To identify and quantitatively detect Chikungunya and Dengue viruses, a real-time accelerated reverse-transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) platform was ..
- High resolution crystal structure of dengue-3 envelope protein domain III suggests possible molecular mechanisms for serospecific antibody recognitionMontasir Elahi
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Koganei Shi, Tokyo, Japan
Proteins 81:1090-5. 2013b>Dengue viruses are classified into four serotypes. Here, we report a 1.7 Å crystal structure of a recombinant dengue-3 envelope protein domain III (ED3), which contains most of the putative epitopes...
- Dengue viral RNA levels in peripheral blood mononuclear cells are associated with disease severity and preexisting dengue immune statusAnon Srikiatkhachorn
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e51335. 2012Infection with dengue viruses (DENV) causes a wide range of manifestations from asymptomatic infection to a febrile illness called dengue fever (DF), to dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF)...
- Deciphering the host-pathogen protein interface in chikungunya virus-mediated sicknessJyoti Rana
Department of Biotechnology, Center for Emerging Diseases, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, A 10, Sector 62, Noida, 201 307 Uttar Pradesh, India
Arch Virol 158:1159-72. 2013..The data corresponded to those obtained in earlier studies for HIV and dengue viruses using the same methodology...
- The mechanism of differential neutralization of dengue serotype 3 strains by monoclonal antibody 8A1Yang Zhou
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Virology 439:57-64. 2013While previous studies have demonstrated that envelope (E) glycoprotein variation between dengue viruses (DENV) genotypes can influence antibody neutralization potency, the mechanisms of variable neutralization remain incompletely ..
- Comparison of infection-neutralizing and -enhancing antibody balance induced by two distinct genotype strains of dengue virus type 1 or 3 DNA vaccines in miceFithriyah Sjatha
Department of Vaccinology, Center for Infectious Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Microbes Infect 15:828-36. 2013b>Dengue viruses have spread throughout tropical and subtropical countries, and vaccine development is urgently needed...
- An epidemic of dengue-1 in a remote village in rural LaosAudrey Dubot-Pérès
UMR_D 190 Emergence des Pathologies Virales, Aix Marseille Universite, IRD French Institute of Research for Development, EHESP French School of Public Health, Marseille, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2360. 2013..Evidence that dengue viruses have broad circulation in the region, crossing country borders, was also obtained...
- Detection of dengue viruses using reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplificationBoon Teong Teoh
Tropical Infectious Diseases Research and Education Centre TIDREC, Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur 50603, Malaysia
BMC Infect Dis 13:387. 2013..An easy to perform and highly sensitive method is needed for routine implementation especially in the resource-limited rural healthcare settings where dengue is endemic...
- Vascular events in viral hemorrhagic fevers: a comparative study of dengue and hantavirusesAnon Srikiatkhachorn
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Cell Tissue Res 355:621-33. 2014..In this article, two clinically distinct viral hemorrhagic fevers caused by dengue viruses and hantaviruses are discussed to highlight their similarities and differences that may provide insights into ..
- Isolation and titration of dengue viruses by the mosquito inoculation techniqueMilly M Choy
Emerging Infectious Diseases Program, Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, 8 College Road, Singapore, 169857, Singapore
Methods Mol Biol 1138:15-25. 2014..The mosquito infectious dose 50 (MID50) is calculated using the method of Reed and Muench to quantitate the virus. This method can be used for other arboviruses as well as for dengue...
- Elucidating the role of T cells in protection against and pathogenesis of dengue virus infectionsAnuja Mathew
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Future Microbiol 9:411-25. 2014b>Dengue viruses (DENV) cause significantly more human disease than any other arbovirus, with hundreds of thousands of cases leading to severe disease in thousands annually...
- [A possible fifth dengue virus serotype]Júlia M da Silva Voorham
Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, Afd Medische Microbiologie, Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 158:A7946. 2014Sylvatic dengue viruses are both evolutionarily and ecologically distinguishable from the human dengue virus (DENV)...
- Lineage shift of dengue virus in Eastern India: an increased implication for DHF/DSSA Shrivastava
Division of Virology, Defence Research and Development Establishment, Gwalior, India
Epidemiol Infect 143:1599-605. 2015..There is an urgent need to monitor phylodynamics of dengue viruses in other endemic areas.
- Nonstructural protein 1-specific immunoglobulin M and G antibody capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays in diagnosis of flaviviral infections in humansDay Yu Chao
Graduate Institute of Microbiology and Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Microbiol 53:557-66. 2015..IgG antibody-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (MAC/GAC-ELISAs) targeted at envelope protein (E) of dengue viruses (DENV), West Nile virus, and Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV) are widely used as serodiagnostic tests for ..
- High-throughput multiplexed xMAP Luminex array panel for detection of twenty two medically important mosquito-borne arboviruses based on innovations in synthetic biologyLyudmyla G Glushakova
Foundation for Applied Molecular Evolution FfAME, 720 SW 2nd Avenue, Suite 201, Gainesville, FL 32601, United States
J Virol Methods 214:60-74. 2015..The performance and the sensitivity of the assay were evaluated with dengue viruses and infected mosquitoes; as few as 6-10 dengue virions can be detected in a single mosquito.
- Assessing the epidemiological effect of wolbachia for dengue controlLouis Lambrechts
Insect Virus Interactions Group, Department of Genomes and Genetics, Institut Pasteur CNRS URA 3012, Paris, France Electronic address
Lancet Infect Dis 15:862-6. 2015b>Dengue viruses cause more human morbidity and mortality than any other arthropod-borne virus...
- How Important is Vertical Transmission of Dengue Viruses by Mosquitoes (Diptera: Culicidae)?Martin Grunnill
Centre for Ecology and Conservation Biosciences, College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, Treliever Road, Penryn, Cornwall TR10 9FE, United Kingdom
J Med Entomol 53:1-19. 2016Vertical transmission of dengue viruses by mosquitoes was discovered at the end of the late 1970s and has been suggested to be a means by which these viruses persist...
- Targeting Viral Proteostasis Limits Influenza Virus, HIV, and Dengue Virus InfectionNicholas S Heaton
Department of Microbiology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Immunity 44:46-58. 2016..cotranslational translocation selectively impaired glycoprotein proteostasis of influenza as well as HIV and dengue viruses and led to inhibition of viral growth and infectivity...
- Gene Polymorphisms and Serum Levels of Pro- and Anti-Inflammatory Markers in Dengue Viral InfectionsRosimar Neris Martins Feitosa
1 Laboratório de Virologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal do Para, Belem, Para, Brasil
Viral Immunol 29:379-88. 2016..interleukin [IL]-6, IL-8, IL-10, and C-reactive protein [CRP]) were investigated in 80 patients infected with dengue viruses, 100 patients presenting with febrile illness but negative for dengue, and 99 healthy subjects...
- Licensed Dengue Vaccine: Public Health Conundrum and Scientific ChallengeScott B Halstead
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 95:741-745. 2016A tetravalent live attenuated vaccine composed of chimeras of yellow fever 17D and the four dengue viruses (chimeric yellow fever dengue [CYD]) manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur has completed phase III clinical testing in over 35,000 ..
- Competitive advantage of a dengue 4 virus when co-infecting the mosquito Aedes aegypti with a dengue 1 virusMarie Vazeille
Institut Pasteur, Department of Virology, Arboviruses and Insect Vectors, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724, Paris Cedex 15, France
BMC Infect Dis 16:318. 2016b>Dengue viruses (DENV) are comprised in four related serotypes (DENV-1 to 4) and are critically important arboviral pathogens affecting human populations in the tropics...
- Surveillance of Mosquitoes and Selected Arthropod-Borne Viruses in the Context of Milan EXPO 2015Mario Chiari
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Lombardia e dell Emilia Romagna Bruno Ubertini, Brescia 25124, Italy
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:. 2016..a low density of potential vectors in the surveyed areas and did not reveal the presence of Chikungunya or Dengue viruses in the local competent vectors inside the EXPO area or in the two airports...
- Anti-flavivirus Activity of Different Tritylated Pyrimidine and Purine Nucleoside AnaloguesChristopher McGuigan
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Cardiff University King Edward VII Avenue Cardiff CF10 3NB United Kingdom
ChemistryOpen 5:227-35. 2016..against two important members of the genus Flavivirus in the Flaviviridae family, the yellow fever (YFV) and dengue viruses (DENV)...
- Occurrence of co-infection with dengue viruses during 2014 in New Delhi, IndiaA Tazeen
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India
Epidemiol Infect 145:67-77. 2017..We studied occurrence of co-infection with dengue viruses during an outbreak in New Delhi, India in 2014...
- A review of recommendations on the safe and effective use of topical mosquito repellentsCameron E Webb
Medical Entomology, NSW Health Pathology, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia Marie Bashir Institute for Infectious Diseases and Biosecurity, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Public Health Res Pract 26:. 2016..The recent emergence of Zika virus in South America and the Pacific, together with ongoing outbreaks of dengue viruses in Southeast Asia, generated great community interest in the most effective strategies to avoid mosquito bites...
- Dengue and dengue hemorrhagic fever in Latin America and the CaribbeanR E Isturiz
Departamento de Medicina, Centro Medico de Caracas, Venezuela
Infect Dis Clin North Am 14:121-40, ix. 2000Four serotypes of dengue viruses produce dengue fever, dengue hemorrhagic fever, and dengue shock syndrome...
- Dengue situation in Brazil by year 2000H G Schatzmayr
Departamento de Virologia, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Av Brasil 4365, 21045 900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 95:179-81. 2000..b>Dengue viruses were reintroduced in the American region and the infection became endemic in Brazil, like in most Central and ..
- Use of a rapid immunochromatographic test for early diagnosis of dengue virus infectionL Kittigul
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Public Health, Mahidol University, 420 1 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:224-6. 2002..samples collected from 92 patients were analysed for the presence of immunoglobulin M and G antibodies against dengue viruses using a rapid immunochromatographic (IC) test...
- Temporal genetic variation in Aedes aegypti populations in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)K Huber
Unité d Ecologie des Systèmes Vectoriels, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Heredity (Edinb) 89:7-14. 2002Aedes aegypti, the main vector of dengue viruses in Asia, displays variation in population density over time...
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay-format microneutralization test for dengue virusesVance Vorndam
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00920 3860, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 66:208-12. 2002..The test offers the advantages of ease of performance, ease in the calculation of results, lower cost, and increased speed...
- High levels of plasma dengue viral load during defervescence in patients with dengue hemorrhagic fever: implications for pathogenesisWei Kung Wang
Institute of Microbiology, College of Medicine, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Virology 305:330-8. 2003..Using a modified immunoprecipitation assay, we demonstrated for the first time that the plasma dengue viruses persisting during defervescence were in the immune complexes for most DHF patients...
- Architecture of the flaviviral replication complex. Protease, nuclease, and detergents reveal encasement within double-layered membrane compartmentsPradeep Devappa Uchil
Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
J Biol Chem 278:24388-98. 2003..the replicative form (RF) RNA of the three pathogenic flaviviruses West Nile, Japanese encephalitis, and dengue viruses. The bounding membrane enclosing the VP was readily solubilized with nonionic detergents, rendering the ..
- Critical review of the vector status of Aedes albopictusN G Gratz
Med Vet Entomol 18:215-27. 2004..and both D. immitis and Dirofilaria repens (Raillet & Henry) in Italy. Despite the frequent isolation of dengue viruses from wild-caught mosquitoes, there is no evidence that Ae...
- Public, private and non-specific antibodies induced by non-cytopathic viral infectionsMike Recher
Institute for Experimental Immunology, University Hospital, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Curr Opin Microbiol 7:426-33. 2004..These findings provide novel insights to aid our understanding of clinically relevant observations that are recorded following human infection with HIV, HCV and dengue viruses.
- Is dengue severity related to nutritional status?Siripen Kalayanarooj
Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health, Ministry of Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 36:378-84. 2005..48, 95% Cl = 0.39-0.60, p = 0.000) while obese children had a greater risk of infection with dengue viruses (odds ratio = 1.96, 95% Cl = 1.55-2.5, p = 0.000)...
- The geographic information system as an epidemiological tool in the surveillance of dengue virus-infected Aedes mosquitosRatana Sithiprasasna
Department of Entomology, U S Army Medical Component, Armed Forces Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 35:918-26. 2004..chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay for the virologic surveillance of the type-specific detection of dengue viruses in artificially infected and in field-caught adult Aedes mosquitos...
- Evaluation of the present dengue situation and control strategies against Aedes aegypti in Cebu City, PhilippinesMilagros M Mahilum
German Mosquito Control Association KABS GFS, Ludwigstrasse 99, 67165 Waldsee, Germany
J Vector Ecol 30:277-83. 2005..aegypti larvae. Of the 173 human sera samples that were assayed for dengue viruses, 94.9% were positive, 2.2% negative and 2.8% equivocal...
- Inhibition of dengue virus replication by mycophenolic acid and ribavirinRatree Takhampunya
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 3900 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Gen Virol 87:1947-52. 2006b>Dengue viruses (DEN), mosquito-borne members of the family Flaviviridae, are human pathogens of global significance...
- Lynda G Tussey; Fiscal Year: 2015..An effective and safe vaccine requires a balanced immune response to all four serotypes of dengue viruses (DENV-1 to -4) because sequential infection by different dengue virus serotypes can lead to life-threatening ..
- REBECCA R RICO-HESSE; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Dengue viruses cause an estimated 5 million new cases of DF and 250,000 cases of dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) per year in ..
- Altered peptide ligands and immunopathogenesis of dengue virus infectionALLISON ANNE IMRIE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Infection with any of the 4 dengue viruses may be asymptomatic or may lead to a self-limiting febrile illness known as dengue fever...
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF DENGUE VIRUS ANTIGENS NS3 AND NS5Radhakrishnan Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Dengue viruses, members of Flaviviridae, are recognized as the causative agent of mosquito borne viral diseases affecting about 100 million people annually...
- REBECCA R RICO-HESSE; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Dengue viruses cause an estimated 25 million new cases of DF and 250,000 cases of dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) per year in ..
- Tetravalent dengue vaccine based on complex adenovirus vectorsKanakatte Raviprakash; Fiscal Year: 2010..Four distinct serotypes of dengue viruses cause widespread dengue fever (DF) and the more serious dengue hemorrhagic fever/dengue shock syndrome (DHF/..
- Second Generation Dengue VaccineDAN THOMAS STINCHCOMB; Fiscal Year: 2010..5 billion people worldwide. The dengue viruses cause dengue fever (DF), dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), and dengue shock syndrome (DSS), and are endemic ..
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALYSIS OF DENGUE VIRUS SERINE PROTEASEKrishna Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (adapted from the applicant's abstract): Dengue viruses, members of the Flaviviridae are recognized as the causative agent or one of the most important mosquito-borne viral diseases of humans affecting 100 million people ..
- PULSED ELECTRIC FIELD DELIVERED DENGUE VACCINEAlan King; Fiscal Year: 2000..Vaccines to dengue viruses have been a goal for most of the 20th century...
- INTERFERENCE TO DENGUE VIRUS REPLICATION IN MOSQUITOESCarol Blair; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION: (provided by the applicant): Dengue viruses, serotypes 1-4 are currently the most important mosquito-borne viruses affecting humans. It is estimated that 2.5 billion humans are at risk for infection...
- IMMUNE RESPONSES TO DENGUE VIRUSESFrancis Ennis; Fiscal Year: 2001..There are many regions of the world where multiple flaviviruses including dengue viruses are prevalent...
- Host Genetics and Symptomatic Dengue InfectionRONALD BLANTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..A potential source for these extremes in disease presentation following infection with dengue viruses is genetic differences in the human host...
- Scott A Smith; Fiscal Year: 2016..the science in the current application, is focused on generation and study of human monoclonal antibodies to dengue viruses. This information is of timely importance, as it is needed for the rational design of an effective dengue ..
- Michael G Rossmann; Fiscal Year: 2016..They include West Nile, yellow fever and dengue viruses. These viruses cause millions of deaths each year in temperate and tropical regions of the Earth...
- Anuja Mathew; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue viruses (DENV) cause an important and re-emerging viral disease, resulting in an estimated 100 million infections globally each year...
- ADVANCES IN DNA VACCINES AGAINST EBOLA & DENGUE VIRUSESJ August; Fiscal Year: 2001..this and associated laboratories underlie the application of this research to DNA vaccines against Ebola and dengue viruses, and potentially other emerging viruses: (1) The coupling of the targeting sequence of lysosomal membrane ..
- Preclinical development of a chimeric tetravalent dengue vaccineDAN STINCHCOMB; Fiscal Year: 2009..A vaccine that can protect against infection by all four of the dengue viruses (serotypes DEN-1 through DEN-4) is a critical global health need...
- A Tetravalent Dengue Recombinanat Protein VaccineB Sim; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (provided by investigator): Disease caused by dengue viruses, dengue fever (DF), dengue hemorrhaghic fever (DHF) and dengue shock syndrome (DSS) is of enormous importance worldwide for indigenous populations and travelers, and ..
- Dispersal and Phylogeography of Aedes aegyptiSABINE LOEW; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aedes aegypti is a container-dwelling mosquito that is a major vector of yellow fever and dengue viruses. Dispersal, colonization, and re-colonization (e.g...
- VECTOR ADAPTATION AND DENGUE EMERGENCEScott Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our hypotheses is that epidemic dengue resulted from the adaptation of sylvatic progenitor dengue viruses to Ae. albopictus and Ae. aegypti mosquitoes...
- ENTOMOLOGICAL ASSUMPTIONS OF DENGUE CONTROLThomas Scott; Fiscal Year: 2002..surveillance techniques to monitor mosquito populations and measure serological conversion against dengue viruses in cohorts of Peruvian school children as an index of dengue transmission...
- Shou Wei Ding; Fiscal Year: 2016..provided by applicant): RNA viruses include important human pathogens such as hepatitis C, West Nile and dengue viruses and exhibit distinct genetic and immunological properties from DNA viruses...
- Latin America Workshop On DengeJorge Osorio; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dengue viruses (DENV) include four serotypes (DENV-1 - DENV-4) that belong to the Flaviviridae family and cause the most important arthropod-borne viral infection of humans with about 100 million cases ..
- Preclinical Development of a Recombinant Dengue VaccineCarolyn Weeks Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Dengue viruses (category A pathogen) are estimated to infect 100 million people annually and are considered to cause one of the most important arthropod-borne viral diseases in terms of human morbidity and mortality...
- Interferon antagonist proteins of dengue virusJORGE MUNOZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Munoz plans to engineer dengue viruses expressing a defective interferon antagonist, and expects that their capacity to replicate will be hindered in ..
- Isolating Viral Particles from Whole BloodBrenda G Hogue; Fiscal Year: 2013..As poof-of-concept, we will use dengue viruses as the target model for a blood borne virus and two respiratory viruses, human coronavirus OC43 and influenza ..
- STRENGTHENING INFECTIOUS-DISEASE RESEARCH CAPACITY FOR PUBLIC-HEALTH ACTION IN Celia Cordon-Rosales; Fiscal Year: 2012..of the ecology and biology of WNV and other potentially relevant arbovirus in a tropical ecosystem (including dengue viruses and Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus)...
- Positive Strand RNA VirusesDavid L Woodland; Fiscal Year: 2013..of viral agents including a large number of important human pathogens like hepatitis C virus, West Nile and dengue viruses, hepatitis A virus and poliovirus...
- Imino sugars for flavivirus infections of bioterrorTimothy M Block; Fiscal Year: 2010..of flaviviruses infections of bioterror concern, with a focus upon West Nile Encephalitis virus (WNEV) and Dengue Viruses (DV)...
- VIVIAN S GREEN; Fiscal Year: 2015..s an acute febrile viral disease transmitted through the bite of a mosquito and caused by four closely related dengue viruses. A greater than fourfold increase in dengue cases has been reported over the last three decades...
- Dengue epidemiology in Thailand and implications for vaccine developmentKathryn Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..syndrome (DSS) to guide early intervention; (3) to evaluate how and why the demographics and distribution of dengue viruses have changed over time in Thailand. Research Desiqn...
- Microfilarial enhancement of Dengue transmissionJEFFERSON VAUGHAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., virus plus mf) versus singly exposed (i.e., virus only) mosquitoes, examining different serotypes of dengue viruses and different species of filarial parasites...
- Dengue Reporter Virus Particle Neutralization AssayEva Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..The standard method for detecting neutralizing antibodies to dengue viruses is the plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT)...
- NOVEL TECHNOLOGIES APPLIED TO A DENQUE DNA VACCINEJ August; Fiscal Year: 2000b>Dengue viruses cause a significant public health burden in tropical regions of the world and now threaten to proliferate in more temperate climates. There is currently no acceptable vaccine to prevent dengue...
- Single Well MPCR Donor Screen to ID Blood PathogensRaymond Ranken; Fiscal Year: 2009..subtypes A-G;Groups N and O), HIV-2, HTLV 1-3, HCV, HBV, all known flaviviruses (including the West Nile and Dengue viruses), all influenza viruses (including human and avian), parvoviruses (including B19), hepatitis A virus, human ..
- FUNGAL EXPRESSION OF DENGUE PROTEINS FOR VACCINESJOHN IVY; Fiscal Year: 1992DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from the applicant's abstract) Dengue viruses are a leading cause of morbidity throughout the tropics and subtropics...
- ECOLOGY AND GENETICS OF VENEZUELAN EQUINE ENCEPHALITISScott Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will be invaluable in targeting prevention and control resources, especially for obtaining maximum benefit in developing countries with limited resources. ..
- T Cell Response to Dengue VirusSujan Shresta; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DNA Vaccine Delivery System for Biodefense with dengueAlan King; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OVERWINTERING AND TRANSMISSION MECHANISMS OF SLE VIRUSAlan Barrett; Fiscal Year: 2001..Epidemic-causing potential of this virus will be determined by titre and duration of viremia in chickens. Patterns of distribution of virus variants will be determined by SSCP. ..
- GENE EXPRESSION BY TICK TRANSMITTED BORRELIA BURGDORFERIAravinda de Silva; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will provide insight into tick-borne transmission of bacterial pathogens and lead to novel strategies for blocking transmission and preventing Lyme arthritis. ..
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF EPIDEMIC ALPHAVIRUS TRANSMISSIONStephen Higgs; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Analysis of HCV-B Lymphocyte InteractionsThomas Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Salivary Potentiation of Arboviral InfectionsStephen Higgs; Fiscal Year: 2004..This knowledge may contribute towards the development of a mouse model for human dengue infections. ..
- Gene Duplication and Genome EvolutionAustin Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2004..5) Examining the role of transposable elements in duplication of genomic segments by testing for nonrandom association between these elements and putatively duplicated blocks in the yeast genome. ..
- Interactions between dengue 3 and human dendritic cellsAravinda de Silva; Fiscal Year: 2005Millions of people living in tropical and subtropical regions are infected by dengue viruses each year...
- Cellular Immune Response to the SARS Human CoronavirusDANIEL LIBRATY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such studies will assess potential correlates of protective adaptive immunity to SARS HuCoV infection. ..
- Modeling RNA-based HIV gene therapeutics in SCID-hu miceRamesh Akkina; Fiscal Year: 2006..4) Determine the engraftment and thymopoietic potential of lentivirally transduced primitive hematopoietic precursor cells i.e., a) CD34+ and KDR+ cells, b) SP cells in the SCID-hu mouse thymic microenvironment. ..
- Anti-Complement Proteins of Ixodes ScapularisAravinda de Silva; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our industry partner in these studies is L2 diagnostics, which will assist with further development of tick anti-complement proteins as drugs and vaccines. ..
- Elicitation of broad immunity using VLPs with consensus envsTed Ross; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, the breadth and protective efficacy of immune responses elicted by a SHIV-1 VLP containing an envelope representing the consensus envelope sequence of clade C (Con C) will be evaluated with a clade B SHIV challenge. ..
- Anitviral Activity of Thioaptamers Against West Nile VirusAlan Barrett; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- West Nile Virus: Epidemiology and Mosquito CompetenceAlan D T Barrett; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. during the 2006-2011 transmission seasons;3. Investigate the mechanism of attenuation of neuroinvasiveness of mouse attenuated WNV isolates;4. Correlate WNV phenotype in vertebrate cells with mosquito vector infection. ..
- SiRNA Gene Therapy for HIV/AIDSRamesh Akkina; Fiscal Year: 2008..4. Transduce siRNA constructs into the newly described CD34+/KDR+ primitive hematopoietic progenitor cells and derive macrophages in vitro and thymocytes in vivo, and evaluate their HIV-1 resistance. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EVOLUTION OF IMMUNE RECOGNITION AND EVASIONAustin L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, by increasing our understanding of the population diversity and evolutionary history of human immune system genes, this research will enhance our knowledge of human immune function in health and disease. ..
- Identifying inhibitors of West Nile and dengue virusesKristen Bernard; Fiscal Year: 2008..The reporting cell lines developed in this project will also be useful for many aspects of flavivirus research such as studying genome packaging and viral particle formation. ..