Genomes and Genes
Summary: The continuation of the axillary artery; it branches into the radial and ulnar arteries.
Publications336 found, 100 shown here
- Changes in arterial stiffness and wave reflection with advancing age in healthy men and women: the Framingham Heart StudyGary F Mitchell
Cardiovascular Engineering, Inc, 327 Fiske St, Holliston, MA 01746, USA
Hypertension 43:1239-45. 2004..This phenomenon may facilitate forward transmission of potentially deleterious pressure pulsations into the periphery...
- Guidelines for the ultrasound assessment of endothelial-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery: a report of the International Brachial Artery Reactivity Task ForceMary C Corretti
Division of Cardiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 1595, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:257-65. 2002..In the 1990s, high-frequency ultrasonographic imaging of the brachial artery to assess endothelium-dependent flow-mediated vasodilation (FMD) was developed...
- Arterial stiffness and cardiovascular events: the Framingham Heart StudyGary F Mitchell
Cardiovascular Engineering, Inc, 1 Edgewater Dr, Suite 201A, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
Circulation 121:505-11. 2010..Various measures of arterial stiffness and wave reflection have been proposed as cardiovascular risk markers. Prior studies have not assessed relations of a comprehensive panel of stiffness measures to prognosis in the community...
- Validity, reproducibility, and clinical significance of noninvasive brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity measurementAkira Yamashina
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
Hypertens Res 25:359-64. 2002..baPWV measured by this simple, noninvasive method is suitable for screening vascular damages in a large population...
- Ankle brachial index combined with Framingham Risk Score to predict cardiovascular events and mortality: a meta-analysisF G R Fowkes
JAMA 300:197-208. 2008..Prediction models to identify healthy individuals at high risk of cardiovascular disease have limited accuracy. A low ankle brachial index (ABI) is an indicator of atherosclerosis and has the potential to improve prediction...
- Relation of brachial and digital measures of vascular function in the community: the Framingham heart studyNaomi M Hamburg
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Hypertension 57:390-6. 2011..These results suggest that FMD and PAT provide distinct information regarding vascular function in conduit versus smaller digital vessels...
- Central pressure more strongly relates to vascular disease and outcome than does brachial pressure: the Strong Heart StudyMary J Roman
Division of Cardiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hypertension 50:197-203. 2007..These findings support prospective examination of use of central blood pressure as a treatment target in future trials...
- Predictive value of brachial flow-mediated dilation for incident cardiovascular events in a population-based study: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisJoseph Yeboah
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Circulation 120:502-9. 2009Although brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD) predicts recurrent cardiovascular events, its predictive value for incident cardiovascular disease (CVD) events in adults free of CVD is not well established...
- Brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity as a marker of atherosclerotic vascular damage and cardiovascular riskAkira Yamashina
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:615-22. 2003..While the discriminating powers are not sufficiently high, a cutoff value of 14.0 m/s serves to screen subjects, especially in middle-aged ones, of either gender...
- Endothelial dysfunction and increased arterial intima-media thickness in children with type 1 diabetesMikko J Jarvisalo
Department of Clinical Physiology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Circulation 109:1750-5. 2004....
- Is the association between flow-mediated dilation and cardiovascular risk limited to low-risk populations?Daniel R Witte
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heiderberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1987-93. 2005The aim of this research was to study whether the relation between endothelial function measured by flow-mediated dilation (FMD) of the brachial artery and cardiovascular risk factors is affected by the baseline cardiovascular risk.
- Insulin causes endothelial dysfunction in humans: sites and mechanismsGuido Arcaro
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, University of Verona Medical School and Azienda Ospedaliera di Verona, Verona, Italy
Circulation 105:576-82. 2002..Endothelium plays a central role in atherogenesis. The in vivo effects of hyperinsulinemia on endothelial function of large conduit arteries are unknown...
- Brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity: an index of central arterial stiffness?J Sugawara
Institute for Human Science and Bioengineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba, Japan
J Hum Hypertens 19:401-6. 2005..These results suggest that baPWV may provide qualitatively similar information to those derived from central arterial stiffness although some portions of baPWV may be determined by peripheral arterial stiffness...
- The relationship between shear stress and flow-mediated dilatation: implications for the assessment of endothelial functionKyra E Pyke
Human Vascular Control Laboratory, School of Physical and Health Education, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
J Physiol 568:357-69. 2005....
- Postprandial endothelial dysfunction in subjects with new-onset type 2 diabetes: an acarbose and nateglinide comparative studyToru Kato
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Dokkyo Medical University, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:12. 2010..Postprandial hyperglycemia is believed to affect vascular endothelial function. The aim of our study was to compare the effects of acarbose and nateglinide on postprandial endothelial dysfunction...
- Local shear stress and brachial artery functions in end-stage renal diseaseFrancis H Verbeke
University Hospital, Gent, Belgium CHUQ Hôtel Dieu de Quebec, Quebec, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:621-8. 2007..In 44 patients with ESRD and 25 control subjects, brachial artery (BA) compliance and BA diameter changes (flow-mediated dilation [FMD[) were evaluated in response to local ..
- Reduced adipose tissue inflammation represents an intermediate cardiometabolic phenotype in obesityMelissa G Farb
Evans Department of Medicine and Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:232-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine whether obese individuals with reduced adipose tissue inflammation exhibit a more favorable cardiovascular risk profile...
- Determinants of vascular function in patients with type 2 diabetesKaterina K Naka
Michaelidion Cardiac Center, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:127. 2012..The aim of our study was to investigate the predictors of vascular dysfunction in T2DM patients...
- The impact of heavy passive smoking on arterial endothelial function in modernized ChineseK S Woo
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:1228-32. 2000..The study evaluated whether heavy exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (passive smoking) might damage arterial function in modernized Chinese...
- Efficacy of various antihypertensive agents as evaluated by indices of vascular stiffness in elderly hypertensive patientsTakeshi Takami
Clinic Jinguumae, Kashihara, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:609-14. 2003....
- Relationship between brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity and cardiovascular risk factors of the metabolic syndromeK M Choi
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University Guro Hospital, Korea University, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 050, South Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 66:57-61. 2004..548). The present study shows that baPWV is significantly associated with the features of the metabolic syndrome in Korean women...
- Noninvasive assessment of preclinical atherosclerosisHelen A Lane
Department of Endocrinology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:19-30. 2006..Methodology includes flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery, assessment of coronary flow reserve, carotid intima/media thickness, pulse wave analysis, pulse wave ..
- Metabolic syndrome, endothelial dysfunction, and risk of cardiovascular events: the Northern Manhattan Study (NOMAS)Takeki Suzuki
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am Heart J 156:405-10. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that both MetS and endothelial dysfunction are vascular risk factors and provide additive prognostic values in predicting cardiovascular events in a multiethnic community sample...
- A new oscillometric method for pulse wave analysis: comparison with a common tonometric methodS Wassertheurer
Health and Environment, Austrian Institute of Technology, Vienna, Austria
J Hum Hypertens 24:498-504. 2010..The ARCSolver method is a novel method determining AIx and aSBP based on an oscillometric system with a cuff. The results agree with common accepted tonometric measurements. Its application is easy and for widespread use...
- Relationships among hyperuricemia, metabolic syndrome, and endothelial functionHirofumi Tomiyama
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hypertens 24:770-4. 2011We evaluated the relationship of the severity of hyperuricemia and the flow-mediated vasodilatation of the brachial artery (FMD) in patients with and without the metabolic syndrome (MetS).
- Noninvasive vascular function measurement in the community: cross-sectional relations and comparison of methodsRenate B Schnabel
Department of Medicine 2, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 4:371-80. 2011..A direct comparison of the different methods and their relation to classical cardiovascular risk factors in a large cohort is missing...
- Association of physical activity with vascular endothelial function and intima-media thicknessKatja Pahkala
University of Turku, Research Centre of Applied and Preventive Cardiovascular Medicine, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Circulation 124:1956-63. 2011..We investigated prospectively the association of leisure-time physical activity with endothelial function (brachial artery flow-mediated dilatation; FMD) and aortic IMT in adolescents.
- Type 2 diabetes is associated with increased pulse wave velocity measured at different sites of the arterial system but not augmentation index in a Chinese populationMinghua Zhang
Department of Geriatric Cardiology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Clin Cardiol 34:622-7. 2011..Moreover, the association between pulse wave velocity (PWV) and augmentation index (AIx) in diabetes is poorly understood...
- Relation between high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and peripheral vasomotor functionJeffrey T Kuvin
Department of Medicine Division of Cardiology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:275-9. 2003..Peripheral vascular endothelial function was assessed by high-resolution brachial artery ultrasound...
- Photoplethysmographic assessment of pulse wave reflection: blunted response to endothelium-dependent beta2-adrenergic vasodilation in type II diabetes mellitusP J Chowienczyk
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Centre for Cardiovascular Biology and Medicine, King s College, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 34:2007-14. 1999..We sought to determine whether a simple index of pressure wave reflection may be derived from the digital volume pulse (DVP) and used to examine endothelium-dependent vasodilation in patients with type II diabetes mellitus...
- The influence of one-year treatment by angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor on baroreflex sensitivity and flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery in essential hypertension--comparison with calcium channel blockersMasanori Munakata
Division of Hypertension and Cardiology, Tohoku Rosai Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Clin Exp Hypertens 25:169-81. 2003..Both baroreflex sensitivity and flow-mediated vasodilator function have been recognized to have prognostic significance in cardiovascular diseases. Long-term antihypertensive treatment effects on these parameters, however, remain unclear...
- Quantitative hyperemic reactivity in opposed limbs during myocardial perfusion imaging: a new marker of coronary artery diseaseJocelyn Dupuis
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1473-7. 2004..We sought to evaluate the feasibility and validity of a new method to quantify the hyperemic response of the forearms that can be incorporated into a rest myocardial perfusion protocol...
- Relationship between brachial flow-mediated dilation and carotid intima-media thickness in an elderly cohort: the Cardiovascular Health StudyJoseph Yeboah
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, United States
Atherosclerosis 197:840-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between brachial flow-mediated dilation (FMD) and carotid intima-media thickness (IMT) in a large multi-ethnic elderly cohort...
- Relations of central and brachial blood pressure to left ventricular hypertrophy and geometry: the Strong Heart StudyMary J Roman
Division of Cardiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York 10021, USA
J Hypertens 28:384-8. 2010..Data regarding the relative impacts of central and brachial pressures on left ventricular hypertrophy and geometry are limited...
- Vitamin D status is associated with arterial stiffness and vascular dysfunction in healthy humansIbhar Al Mheid
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:186-92. 2011....
- Vascular dilatory functions of ovo-lactovegetarians compared with omnivoresC L Lin
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, 2 Min Sheng Road, Dalin, Chia Yi, Taiwan, ROC
Atherosclerosis 158:247-51. 2001....
- In vivo shear stress determines circulating levels of endothelial microparticles in end-stage renal diseaseChantal M Boulanger
INSERM Cardiovascular Research Center, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Hypertension 49:902-8. 2007..In 34 hemodialyzed patients, we analyzed the relationships between brachial artery and aortic shear stress and circulating microparticles levels...
- Tobacco smoke exposure is associated with attenuated endothelial function in 11-year-old healthy childrenKatariina Kallio
Research Centre of Applied and Preventive Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Circulation 115:3205-12. 2007..Passive smoking is associated with early arterial damage in adults, but its effect on endothelial function in children is unknown...
- Peripheral vascular endothelial function testing as a noninvasive indicator of coronary artery diseaseJ T Kuvin
Department of Medicine/Division of Cardiology, New England Medical Center Hospitals, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:1843-9. 2001OBJECTIVES: We studied whether assessment of endothelium-dependent vasomotion (EDV) with brachial artery ultrasound (BAUS) imaging predicts the presence or absence of coronary artery disease (CAD) as defined by exercise myocardial ..
- Sympathetic activation markedly reduces endothelium-dependent, flow-mediated vasodilationMichel L Hijmering
Department of Internal Medicine, Eemland Hospital, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:683-8. 2002..We sought to evaluate whether increased sympathetic outflow may interfere with flow-mediated dilation (FMD)...
- Clinical correlates and heritability of flow-mediated dilation in the community: the Framingham Heart StudyEmelia J Benjamin
Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Framingham Study, Boston, Mass 01702 5827, USA
Circulation 109:613-9. 2004..Studies in selected samples have linked impaired endothelial function with cardiovascular disease and its risk factors. The clinical correlates and heritability of endothelial function in the community have not been described...
- Arterial stiffening as a possible risk factor for both atherosclerosis and diastolic heart failureMinoru Yambe
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:625-31. 2004..Therefore, increased arterial stiffness is a possible simultaneous risk for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease and diastolic heart failure in patients with hypertension...
- Endothelial microparticles correlate with endothelial dysfunction in obese womenKatherine Esposito
Division of Metabolic Diseases, Policlinico Universitario, Piazza L Miraglia 2, Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3676-9. 2006..Cell-derived microparticles are supposed to be involved in atherogenesis...
- Endothelial function and arterial stiffness in minimally symptomatic obstructive sleep apneaMalcolm Kohler
Oxford Centre for Respiratory Medicine, Churchill Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LJ, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:984-8. 2008..Moderate-severe obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is associated with endothelial dysfunction, increased arterial stiffness, and hypertension. It is not known whether minimally symptomatic OSA is also associated with impaired vascular function...
- Retrograde flow and shear rate acutely impair endothelial function in humansDick H J Thijssen
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Science, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Hypertension 53:986-92. 2009..On 3 separate days, we examined bilateral brachial artery flow-mediated dilation, an index of NO-mediated endothelial function, in healthy men (24+/-3 years) before ..
- Association of arterial stiffness with HbA1c in 1,000 type 2 diabetic patients with or without hypertensionYuhong Chen
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Shanghai Institute of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai Clinical Center for Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, Ruijin Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 197 Ruijin 2nd Road, Shanghai, 200025, People s Republic of China
Endocrine 36:262-7. 2009..Ba-PWV positively correlated with HbA1c and duration of diabetes in subjects with diabetes and hypertension, suggesting the importance of early glycemic control in the prevention of arterial stiffness and vascular complications...
- Prediction of future cardiovascular outcomes by flow-mediated vasodilatation of brachial artery: a meta-analysisYoichi Inaba
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, UHN62, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 26:631-40. 2010We conducted a meta-analysis of observational studies which examined the association between flow-mediated dilatation (FMD) of brachial artery, a noninvasive measure of endothelial function, and future cardiovascular events.
- Ethnic differences in peripheral arterial disease in the NHLBI Genetic Epidemiology Network of Arteriopathy (GENOA) studyIftikhar J Kullo
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Vasc Med 8:237-42. 2003..Identifying additional 'novel' risk factors that account for the ethnic differences in PAD is an important next step towards understanding why such differences exist and developing more effective strategies to reduce the burden of PAD...
- Prevalence of and risk factors for peripheral arterial disease in the United States: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999-2000Elizabeth Selvin
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 110:738-43. 2004..Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is associated with significant morbidity and mortality and is an important marker of subclinical coronary heart disease. However, estimates of PAD prevalence in the general US population have varied widely...
- Time course of change in vasodilator function and capacity in response to exercise training in humansToni M Tinken
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Science, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, UK
J Physiol 586:5003-12. 2008..01), but returned towards baseline levels again by week 8 (6.9 +/- 0.7%). In contrast, brachial artery DC progressively increased from baseline (8.1 +/- 0.4%) at weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8 (9.2 +/- 0.6, 9.9 +/- 0.6, 10...
- The association between endothelial dysfunction and cardiovascular outcomes in a population-based multi-ethnic cohortDaichi Shimbo
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 West 168th Street, New York, NY, United States
Atherosclerosis 192:197-203. 2007b>Brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD) may predict cardiovascular events in selected high-risk patients...
- Ankle-brachial index and extent of atherothrombosis in 8891 patients with or at risk of vascular disease: results of the international AGATHA studyF Gerald R Fowkes
Department of Public Health Sciences, Wolfson Unit for the Prevention of Peripheral Vascular Diseases, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, UK
Eur Heart J 27:1861-7. 2006..The principal hypotheses were that (1) in diseased patients, a low ABI was related to the number and site of vascular beds affected and (2) in at-risk patients without disease, a low ABI was related to the number of risk factors present...
- Circulating endothelial progenitor cells, vascular function, and cardiovascular riskJonathan M Hill
Cardiovascular Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1622, USA
N Engl J Med 348:593-600. 2003....
- Rosiglitazone improves endothelial function and inflammation but not asymmetric dimethylarginine or oxidative stress in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusAaron S Kelly
Department of Research, St Paul Heart Clinic, St Paul, MN, USA
Vasc Med 12:311-8. 2007..C-peptide, blood pressure, lipids, C-reactive protein (CRP), ADMA, 8-isoprostane, oxidized LDL cholesterol, brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD), endothelium-independent dilation (EID), and brachial and carotid artery ..
- Effect of antioxidant vitamins on the transient impairment of endothelium-dependent brachial artery vasoactivity following a single high-fat mealG D Plotnick
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
JAMA 278:1682-6. 1997..Much has been written about the potential role of antioxidants in the prevention of atherosclerosis...
- Aortic pulse wave velocity predicts cardiovascular mortality in subjects >70 years of ageS Meaume
Geriatrics Department of Charles-Foix Hospital, Limeil-Brevannes, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 21:2046-50. 2001..In subjects 70 to 100 years old, aortic PWV is a strong, independent predictor of cardiovascular death, whereas systolic or pulse pressure was not. This prospective result will need to be confirmed in an intervention trial...
- Utility and barriers to performance of the ankle-brachial index in primary care practiceEmile R Mohler
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Vasc Med 9:253-60. 2004..The ABI is a simple peripheral arterial disease detection tool that can be successfully applied in primary care office practices...
- Endothelial function and circulating endothelial progenitor cells in patients with sleep apnea syndromeMónica de la Peña
Servei de Pneumologia, Hospital Universitari Son Dureta, Palma de Mallorca, Espana
Respiration 76:28-32. 2008..Circulating endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) contribute to repair dysfunctional endothelium and have been related to increased cardiovascular risk...
- Reduced endothelium-dependent and -independent dilation of conductance arteries in African AmericansUmberto Campia
Cardiology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:754-60. 2002..The goal of this study was to determine whether racial differences exist in the functional behavior of conduit vessels...
- Endothelial dysfunction in psoriatic arthritis patients without clinically evident cardiovascular disease or classic atherosclerosis risk factorsCarlos Gonzalez-Juanatey
Hospital Xeral Calde, Lugo, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 57:287-93. 2007..To determine whether endothelial dysfunction was present in a cohort of patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA) without overt cardiovascular disease or classic cardiovascular risk factors attended to in a community hospital...
- Vascular function in women with previous gestational diabetes mellitusMichael M Hannemann
Institute of Biomedical Research, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
J Vasc Res 39:311-9. 2002..39 (0.8-3.14) V versus controls = 1.41 (0.34-2.19) V; p = 0.68], ultrasound estimation of brachial artery flow-mediated dilatation [subjects = 1.65 (-0.5-9.07)% versus controls = 2.77 (0.63-6.6)%; p = 0...
- C-reactive protein and e-selectin levels are related to vasodilation in resistance, but not conductance arteries in the elderly: the prospective investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) studyLars Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 199:129-37. 2008..The aim of the present study is to relate a wide range of inflammatory markers to vasoreactivity in both resistance and conductance arteries...
- Flow-mediated dilation and gender in patients with coronary artery disease: arterial size influences gender differences in flow-mediated dilationKatarzyna Mizia-Stec
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Echocardiography 24:1051-7. 2007..The aim of the study was to compare flow-mediated dilatation (FMD) in males and females with coronary artery disease (CAD), and to determine factors that might potentially influence FMD...
- Effects of posture on shear rates in human brachial and superficial femoral arteriesS C Newcomer
Purdue University, Dept of Health and Kinesiology, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H1833-9. 2008Shear rate is significantly lower in the superficial femoral compared with the brachial artery in the supine posture. The relative shear rates in these arteries of subjects in the upright posture (seated and/or standing) are unknown...
- Endothelial function in highly endurance-trained men: effects of acute exerciseOivind Rognmo
Faculty of Medicine and Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
J Strength Cond Res 22:535-42. 2008..oxygen uptake (VO2max) and a single bout of high-intensity exercise on flow-mediated dilatation (FMD), brachial artery diameter, peak blood flow, nitric oxide (NO) bioavailability, and antioxidant status in highly endurance-..
- Endothelial function in normotensive men with obstructive sleep apnea before and 6 months after CPAP treatmentNihal Akar Bayram
Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Cardiology Department, Ankara, Turkey
Sleep 32:1257-63. 2009..flow-mediated dilation (FMD) and endothelium-independent nitroglycerin (NTG)-induced dilation of the brachial artery with Doppler ultrasound in patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and impact of six months of continuous ..
- Effects of smoking and smoking cessation on endothelial function: 1-year outcomes from a randomized clinical trialHeather M Johnson
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1988-95. 2010The purpose of this study was to determine whether smoking cessation improves flow-mediated dilation (FMD) of the brachial artery.
- Utility of automated brachial ankle pulse wave velocity measurements in hypertensive patientsMasanori Munakata
Division of Hypertension and Cardiology, Tohoku Rosai Hospital, 3 21 Dainohara 4, Aobaku, Sendai 981 8563, Japan
Am J Hypertens 16:653-7. 2003..We examined whether pulse wave velocity (PWV), determined by brachial ankle arterial pressure wave measurements, using a newly developed, fully automated device could be a surrogate measure for carotid femoral PWV...
- Flow-mediated dilation in human brachial artery after different circulatory occlusion conditionsAndrew C Betik
Cardiorespiratory and Vascular Dynamics Laboratory, Univ of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H442-8. 2004..of tissue with and without ischemic exercise to test the hypotheses that flow-mediated dilation (FMD) of the brachial artery would depend on the increase in peak flow rate or shear stress and that the position of the occlusion cuff ..
- Endothelium-dependent vasodilation, insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome in an elderly cohort: the Prospective Investigation of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) studyLars Lind
Department of Medicine, Uppsala University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 196:795-802. 2008..In the Prospective Study of the Vasculature in Uppsala Seniors (PIVUS) study, different techniques to assess vasodilation in conduit and resistance arteries were evaluated in relation to the MetS and insulin resistance...
- Association of endothelial function and vascular data with LDL-c and HDL-c in a homogeneous population of middle-aged, healthy military men: Evidence for a critical role of optimal lipid levelsMartin Laclaustra
Cardiovascular Research Group of Aragon, Aragon Institute of Health Sciences, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
Int J Cardiol 125:376-82. 2008..Little is known about the influence of near-normal lipid levels on the endothelium and the mechanisms related to different lipid fractions. We studied associations between FMD and lipids, focusing on normal lipid levels...
- Acute hyperglycemia rapidly suppresses endothelium-dependent arterial dilation in first-degree relatives of type 2 diabetic patientsG D Xiang
Department of Endocrinology, Wuhan General Hospital of Guangzhou Command, Wuhan, Hubei Province, PR China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:112-7. 2008..In the present study, we examined whether endothelial dysfunction occurs when acute hyperglycemia is induced by oral glucose loading in this cohort...
- Management of brachial artery aneurisms in infantsOlivier N Pages
Fondation Lenval, Nice, France
Pediatr Surg Int 24:509-13. 2008b>Brachial artery aneurisms in children under 1 year of age are very rare. The main risk is distal ischaemic complication. We report four infants suffering from brachial artery aneurism of unknown origin...
- Brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity as an early indicator of left ventricular diastolic function among hypertensive subjectsChao Ping Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, E Da Hospital, I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Clin Exp Hypertens 31:31-43. 2009....
- Brachial artery diameter is related to cardiovascular risk factors and intima-media thicknessS Holewijn
Department of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Invest 39:554-60. 2009..Few data are available about the role of nitroglycerin-mediated dilatation (NMD), but recently, brachial artery diameter(BAD) appeared to have predictive value in CV risk prediction...
- The acute effect of various glycemic index dietary carbohydrates on endothelial function in nondiabetic overweight and obese subjectsTalya Lavi
Institute of Endocrinology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:2283-7. 2009..This study sought to explore the effect of glycemic-index dietary carbohydrates on endothelium-dependent flow-mediated dilation (FMD) in overweight and obese nondiabetic volunteers...
- Impact of shear rate modulation on vascular function in humansToni M Tinken
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Science, Liverpool John Moores University, 15 21 Webster St, Liverpool L3 2ET, United Kingdom
Hypertension 54:278-85. 2009....
- A new systolic parameter defined as the ratio of brachial pre-ejection period to brachial ejection time predicts overall and cardiovascular mortality in hemodialysis patientsSzu Chia Chen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Hypertens Res 33:492-8. 2010..Screening hemodialysis patients by means of bPEP/bET may help to identify a high-risk group for increased mortality...
- Role of NADPH oxidase in endothelial ischemia/reperfusion injury in humansStavros P Loukogeorgakis
Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
Circulation 121:2310-6. 2010..These patients have a molecular lesion in a subunit of NADPH oxidase that renders the enzyme inactive...
- Arterial endothelial function and wall thickness in familial hypercholesterolemia and familial combined hyperlipidemia and the effect of statins. A systematic review and meta-analysisConstantina Masoura
1st Department of Cardiology, Athens Medical School, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
Atherosclerosis 214:129-38. 2011..To evaluate the impact of familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) and familial combined hyperlipidemia (FCH) on arterial properties and the effects of statins...
- Oral glucose loading attenuates endothelial function in normal individualKentaro Watanabe
Department of Internal Medicine Divisions of Cardiology, Hepatology, Geriatrics and Integrated Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Clin Invest 41:465-73. 2011..We evaluated the relationship between glucose fluctuation and vascular endothelial function...
- Validation of a brachial cuff-based method for estimating central systolic blood pressureThomas Weber
Cardiology Department, Klinikum Wels Grieskirchen, Grieskirchnerstrasse 42, 4600 Wels, Austria
Hypertension 58:825-32. 2011..5 mm Hg (SD: 4.7 mm Hg). In conclusion, a novel transfer function-like algorithm, using brachial cuff-based waveform recordings, is suited to provide a realistic estimation of central systolic pressure...
- Microsurgical reconstruction of brachial artery injuries in displaced supracondylar fracture humerus in childrenHassan H Noaman
Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgical Unit, Orthopaedic Department, Sohag Faculty of Medicine, South Valley University, Sohag, Egypt
Microsurgery 26:498-505. 2006..in all cases (neuropraxia), traumatic aneurysm with thrombus formation in 17 cases, complete injury of the brachial artery in 8 cases (loss of continuity), thrombosis in 3 cases, partial tear in 2 cases, and brachial artery ..
- Endothelial dysfunction, intima-media thickness, ankle-brachial pressure index, and pulse pressure in young post-myocardial infarction patients with various expressions of classical risk factorsBarbara Erzen
Department of Vascular Disease, University Medical Centre, Zaloska 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Heart Vessels 22:215-22. 2007..Endothelial dysfunction (estimated by ultrasound measurement of the flow-mediated dilation [FMD] of the brachial artery), IMT (of common carotid arteries), ABPI, and PP were compared between both groups of patients and controls...
- Can the measurement of brachial artery flow-mediated dilation be applied to the acute exercise model?Jaume Padilla
Clinical Exercise Physiology Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 5:45. 2007....
- Brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity as a risk stratification index for the short-term prognosis of type 2 diabetic patients with coronary artery diseaseMichinari Nakamura
Department of Cardiology, The Cardiovascular Institute, 7 3 10 Roppongi, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 33:1018-24. 2010....
- Relation of high cytomegalovirus antibody titres to blood pressure and brachial artery flow-mediated dilation in young men: the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns StudyA Haarala
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Tampere, Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Clin Exp Immunol 167:309-16. 2012..are associated with early vascular changes (carotid intima-media thickness, carotid artery distensibility and brachial artery flow-mediated dilation), blood pressure elevation or other traditional cardiovascular risk factors...
- Parental smoking in childhood and brachial artery flow-mediated dilatation in young adults: the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns study and the Childhood Determinants of Adult Health studyMarkus Juonala
Research Centre of Applied and Preventive Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Turku, Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:1024-31. 2012..Passive smoking has been associated with increased cardiovascular morbidity. The present study aimed to examine the long-term effects of childhood exposure to tobacco smoke on endothelium-dependent vasodilation in adults...
- Comparison of endothelial function evaluated by strain gauge plethysmography and brachial artery ultrasoundC Irace
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica G. Salvatore, Institute of Internal Medicine, Magna Graecia University, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Atherosclerosis 158:53-9. 2001Strain gauge plethysmography and brachial artery ultrasound are widely used to study endothelial function. No data on correlation between these two procedures are reported...
- Association of wall thickness of the brachial artery measured with high-resolution ultrasound with risk factors and coronary artery diseaseFranz Weidinger
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Cardiol 89:1025-9. 2002..The brachial artery (BA) is widely used for the assessment of flow-mediated vasodilation...
- Evaluation by high-resolution ultrasonography of endothelial function in brachial artery after Kawasaki disease and the effects of intravenous administration of vitamin CYou Bin Deng
Department of Medical Ultrasound, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Circ J 66:908-12. 2002..0 +/- 3.1 years). High-resolution ultrasonography was used to analyze brachial artery responses to reactive hyperemia (with increased flow causing endothelium-dependent dilation) and sublingual ..
- Vascular function and carotid intimal-medial thickness in children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusTajinder P Singh
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:661-5. 2003..The objective of this study was to evaluate endothelium-dependent vasodilation and carotid intimal-medial thickness (IMT) in children with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus...
- Impaired brachial artery endothelium-dependent and -independent vasodilation in men with erectile dysfunction and no other clinical cardiovascular diseaseDaniel R Kaiser
St Paul Heart Clinic, St Paul, Minnesota 55102, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:179-84. 2004..The goal of this study was to determine whether patients with vascular erectile dysfunction (ED) and no other clinical cardiovascular disease have structural and functional abnormalities of other vascular beds...
- Assessment of cerebral blood flow with transcranial Doppler in right brachial artery perfusion patientsUmit Karadeniz
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 79:139-46; discussion 146. 2005..There are still some questions remaining to be answered; such as whether cerebral perfusion through contralateral hemisphere is adequate...
- Measurement of flow-mediated dilatation of the brachial artery is affected by local elastic vessel wall properties in high-risk patientsDaniel R Witte
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Str 6 131, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 182:323-30. 2005To assess whether the validity of endothelial function measurement by flow-mediated dilatation (FMD) is affected by local brachial artery stiffness (distensibility coefficient; DC) and arterial wall thickness (intima-media thickness, IMT).
- Endothelial dysfunction: cardiovascular risk factors, therapy, and outcomeHadi A R Hadi
Department of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hamad General Hospital Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, State of Qatar
Vasc Health Risk Manag 1:183-98. 2005..We review the literature concerning endothelial dysfunction in regard to its pathogenesis, treatment, and outcome...
- Relationship between augmentation index and flow-mediated vasodilation in the brachial arteryJunko Soga
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1293-8. 2008..05). These findings suggest that increase in arterial stiffness may be associated with grade of endothelial dysfunction and that AI may be an index of not only arterial stiffness but also endothelial function...
- Association between clinical depression and endothelial function measured by forearm hyperemic reactivityKim L Lavoie
Department of Psychology, University of Quebec at Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Psychosom Med 72:20-6. 2010....
- Numerical validation of a new method to assess aortic pulse wave velocity from a single recording of a brachial artery waveform with an occluding cuffB Trachet
bioMMeda Institute Biomedical Technology, Ghent University, and Department of Pharmacology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, Block B, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Ann Biomed Eng 38:876-88. 2010..tree to simulate pressures and flows in the normal configuration, and in a configuration with an occluded brachial artery. A pronounced secondary peak was indeed found in the brachial pressure signal of the occluded model, but its ..
- Endothelial function is impaired in HIV-infected patients with lipodystrophyMar Masia
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital General Universitario de Elche, Department of Clinical Medicine, University Miguel Hernandez, Elche, Alicante, Spain
Antivir Ther 15:101-10. 2010..We evaluated endothelial dysfunction, an early event in the development of atherosclerosis, and pro-atherosclerotic plasma biomarkers in HIV-infected patients with lipodystrophy...
- Diagnostic value of flow mediated dilatation measurement for coronary artery lesions in men under 45 years of ageMaciej Kazmierski
3rd Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Cardiol J 17:288-92. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether flow mediated dilatation (FMD) is a useful tool in identifying those with CAD in who are under 45 years of age...
- Iron-mediated vascular disease in sickle cell disease.John C Wood; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will quantify sickle vasculopathy by measuring flow-mediated dilation of the brachial artery, carotid intimal-medial thickening, and pulmonary hypertension...
- Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury of Human Endothelium: Role of Glucose and StatinsTHOMAS JAY EBERT; Fiscal Year: 2013..Acetylcholine (ACH) will be infused into the brachial artery to provoke synthesis and release of endothelial nitric oxide (NO), and the ensuing increases in forearm blood ..
- A Clinical Trial of Aspirin and Simvastatin in Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionSteven Kawut; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that simvastatin will increase brachial artery flow-mediated dilatation and lower von Willebrand factor compared to placebo...
- Jessica B Kendrick; Fiscal Year: 2015..She will also receive training in brachial artery flow- mediated dilation, endothelial cell collections and immunofluorescence measurements through her co-..
- Kumaravel Rajakumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Study outcome measures, assessed at baseline, 3 and 6 months, will include (1) brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD) as a measure of vascular endothelial function;(2) pulse wave velocity as a ..
- William B Farquhar; Fiscal Year: 2014..Flow mediated dilation of the brachial artery will be used to assess conduit endothelial- dependent dilation and cutaneous vasodilation in response to ..
- Integrated MRI-Based Examination for Evaluation of Peripheral Arterial DiseaseFelix W Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2010..evaluated on the basis of a measurement of reactive hyperemic indices by ultrasound, performed in the brachial artery, which, however, is not a common site of PAD...
- John M Violanti; Fiscal Year: 2014..system function;ultrasound imaging studies to measure carotid artery wall thickness (atherosclerosis) and brachial artery reactivity (endothelial or vascular function);and dual-energy x-ray absorptiometric (DXA) measurement of body ..
- Vascular Structure and Function in Arteriovenous Fistula MaturationJonathan Himmelfarb; Fiscal Year: 2012..prior to surgical creation of native fistulae using well- established, non-invasive methods: a) assessment of brachial artery flow mediated and nitroglycerin-induced dilation, b) fingertip tonometric measurement of pulse amplitude, c) ..
- R Graham Barr; Fiscal Year: 2016..3) Impaired FMD of the brachial artery and elevated PAI-1 and fibrinogen predict accelerated decline in lung function, increased emphysema and ..
- David R Rubinow; Fiscal Year: 2014..Stress Test;3) Endothelial Function - based on ultrasound measurement of flow mediated dilatation of the brachial artery during reactivity hyperemia;and 5) Metabolic Risk - determined based on meeting standard criteria for the ..
- Jeanie Park; Fiscal Year: 2014..determine if CRF patients have impaired exercise-induced NO-mediated vasodilation, by measuring changes in brachial artery flow-mediated vasodilatation in response to whole-body exercise...
- Role of Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in HIV Cardiovascular RiskCecilia M Shikuma; Fiscal Year: 2012..markers of CV risk over a 2 year period;specifically its effect on flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery, on deposition of coronary artery calcium by electron beam tomography, and on changes in levels of hs-CRP...
- Obesity, vascular inflammation, and immune cell activation in prehypertensionSuzi Hong; Fiscal Year: 2013..endothelium will be investigated by following: vascular dysfunction will be assessed by flow mediated brachial artery dilation...
- Vascular Endothelial Dysfunction in Older Adults: Dietary Sodium RestrictionKristen Jablonski; Fiscal Year: 2010..The influence of DSR on EDD will be evaluated using brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD) and the forearm blood flow (FBF) response to an intrabrachial infusion of ..
- Clinical Translation of Nitrite Therapy to Treat Arterial Aging in HumansDouglas R Seals; Fiscal Year: 2012..elastic artery stiffness ( aortic PWV, carotid artery compliance) and vascular endothelial dysfunction ( EDD, brachial artery flow-mediated dilation) in healthy adults aged 55-79 y...
- RODRIGO XAVIER ARMIJOS; Fiscal Year: 2015..thickening measured by abdominal (aIMT) and carotid (cIMT) intima-media thickness and arterial stiffness (brachial artery flow-mediated dilation). To identify the elemental composition (e.g...
- Reduced Inflammatory Suppression of EDD with Habitual Exercise in Older AdultsDouglas R Seals; Fiscal Year: 2010..Key outcomes will include brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (EDD) and measures of systemic and/or vascular endothelial inflammation, NF:B-related ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction in Older Adult Humans with the Metabolic SyndromeDEMETRA CHRISTOU; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., control condition). Endothelium-dependent dilation (brachial artery flow mediated dilation) and endothelium-independent dilation (brachial artery dilation in response to ..
- WEARABLE SENSOR FOR CONTINUOUS NONINVASIVE MONITORING OF PULSE PRESSURESridhar Madala; Fiscal Year: 2010..The sensor will be adhered like a band-aid to the skin over the carotid or brachial artery and will use pulsed Doppler ultrasound to continuously measure blood flow velocity, arterial diameter with a ..
- Multifactor Risk Reduction for Optimal Management in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseRoberta K Oka; Fiscal Year: 2010..walking impairment questionnaire;2) endothelial function as measured by flow mediated vasodilation (FMVD) via brachial artery ultrasound...
- Weight Loss, Inflammation, and Vascular Endothelial Function in Older AdultsDouglas R Seals; Fiscal Year: 2010..Key outcomes will include brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (i.e...
- Gary L Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2014..will test the hypothesis that chronic inhibition of inflammation will improve vascular endothelial function (brachial artery flow-mediated endothelium-dependent vasodilation);and Aim 3 will test the hypothesis that chronic inhibition ..
- CATHERINE RENEE MIKUS; Fiscal Year: 2014..capacity, skeletal muscle perfusion during exercise (near-infrared spectroscopy), endothelial function (brachial artery flow-mediated dilation), NO bioavailability (nitrite flux) and ROS (nitrotyrosine, 8-OHdG) i patients with ..
- Claudia E Korcarz; Fiscal Year: 2014..wave velocity, a marker of aortic stiffness, (ii) CPAP therapy improves flow-mediated vasodilation of the brachial artery, a marker of endothelial function, (iii) the time course of changes in arterial function observed with CPAP ..
- Sex Differences in Vascular Markers of Stroke RiskCheryl D Bushnell; Fiscal Year: 2012..Vascular studies include brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (measure of endothelial response to ischemia), carotid-femoral pulse wave velocity (..
- Karen M Grewen; Fiscal Year: 2016..be tested using three specific aims: 1) Determine the effect of lactation on endothelial function, indexed by brachial artery flow-mediated dilation (FMD) assessed at 2, 6 and 12 months postpartum;2) Quantify the effect of lactation on ..
- Studies on Serial Phlebotomy in Voluntary Blood DonorsStuart D Katz; Fiscal Year: 2013..iron loss on biological responses to serial phlebotomy. Flow-mediated dilation in the brachial artery (a non-invasive measure of vascular endothelial function) in the basal state and in response to transient ..
- Adiponectin and Endothelial Dysfunction in AdolescentsEDMOND PRYCE WICKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..multimers, CPC number (CD34+ cells determined by flow cytometry), and flow-mediateddilation (FMD) of the brachial artery in 30 normal-weight, 30 overweight, and 100 obese adolescents ages 11-18...
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2010..coronary atherosclerosis, using computed tomography, cardiac MRI, carotid ultrasound, flow-mediated brachial artery dilation, radial artery tomometry, ankle-brachial index measurement, and retinal photography and, in subsets, ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2012..coronary atherosclerosis, using computed tomography, cardiac MRI, carotid ultrasound, flow-mediated brachial artery dilation, radial artery tomometry, ankle-brachial index measurement, and retinal photography and, in subsets, ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2011..coronary atherosclerosis, using computed tomography, cardiac MRI, carotid ultrasound, flow-mediated brachial artery dilation, radial artery tomometry, ankle-brachial index measurement, and retinal photography and, in subsets, ..
- MESAKarol Watson; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Increased Plasma Nitrite, Tissue Oxygenation and Functional Changes in PADJason David Allen; Fiscal Year: 2013..density with surrounding pericytes, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, and apoptosis) and oxidative capacity (fiber type composition, citrate synthase activity), and (b) endothelial function (brachial artery FMD) after SET or PET.
- Occult Small Vessel Cerebrovascular Disease in High Risk FamiliesPAUL ALAN NYQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lp(a) and fibrinogen), endothelium dependent vascular reactivity (flow mediated dilatation [FMD] of the brachial artery, and traditional vascular disease risk factors...
- Biological Mechanisms of Vascular Dysfunction with Age and Estrogen DeficiencyKERRIE MOREAU; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test these hypotheses, brachial artery EDD will be measured in: 1) pre-and early perimenopausal women before and after short-term E2 suppression (..
- David G Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2015..specifically hypothesize that exercise training will improve nitric oxide mediated cutaneous vasodilation and brachial artery endothelial-dependent dilation...
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2012
- ORLANDO M GUTIERREZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..In addition, brachial artery flow mediated dilatation will be assessed before and after the dietary interventions to determine the effects ..
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESARichard A Kronmal; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESARussell P Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESAAaron R Folsom; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Effects of Traditional Acupuncture on Mechanisms of CHDC Bairey Merz; Fiscal Year: 2009..hostility, anxiety, social support, and quality of life;and the exploratory variable of arterial vasomotion (brachial artery reactivity testing)...
- Mechanisms of Vascular Dysfunction in Obesity & the Metabolic SyndromeELAINE MOTT URBINA; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Brachial Artery Distensibility, BMI, BP, lipids, CRP, and APN will be measured in the ongoing Princeton Landmark Study (N=..
- Sudha Seshadri; Fiscal Year: 2016..and CT scans of the heart and aorta;vascular function studies - arterial stiffness, ankle-brachial index and brachial artery reactivity;and baseline and repeated quantitative brain MR scans, including silent strokes on >2,400 ..
- MESAKiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2013
- MESAKiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAKIANG JOHN LIU; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Cardioprotective Effects of Dietary Flavonoids in the Framingham Offspring CohortPaul Jacques; Fiscal Year: 2009..cholesterol, total cholesterol, and triglycerides;endothelial function by assessed by flow mediated dilation (brachial artery reactivity);and blood pressure...
- Impact of Seasonal Variation in Hematocrit, NOx & ET-1 on Vascular ReactivityDeidre Wipke Tevis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Microvascular reactivity will be measured using laser Doppler fluxmetry before and after 3 min of brachial artery occlusion...
- Primary Prevention of Hypertension in Obese AdolescentsDaniel Feig; Fiscal Year: 2006..or probenecid, for 2 months and screened for improvements in endothelial function (total nitrates, SVR, brachial artery reactivity), down-regulation of the RAS, and reduction of inflammation (MCP-1, hs-CRP)...
- Cardiac disease in children with chronic renal failureMark Mitsnefes; Fiscal Year: 2006..Vascular function by assessment of endothelium-mediated vasodilatation of the brachial artery using high-resolution B-mode ultrasound...
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2012
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2011
- HIV PROTEASE INHIBITORS EFFECT--NENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTIONChangyi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Endothelium- dependent relaxation will also be tested by high-resolution ultrasonography of the brachial artery in humans receiving and not receiving therapy (J Lennox R01). 2)...
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2011
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESASteven Shea; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESAKIANG JOHN LIU; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESAWendy Post; Fiscal Year: 2009
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MESAGregory L Burke; Fiscal Year: 2009
- COGNITIVE AND CEREBROVASCULAR SEQUELAE OF HYPERTENSIONJ Jennings; Fiscal Year: 2004..that this effect will be mediated by lisinopril's action on the vasculature as assessed peripherally via a brachial artery flow mediated vasodilation probe and centrally via testing for cerebrovascular reserve with the ..
- DIET, ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION AND PEDIATRIC HYPERLIPIDEMIAMarguerite Engler; Fiscal Year: 2004..function, will be measured noninvasively using high-resolution external vascular ultrasound of the brachial artery. The secondary aims are: 1) to examine children and adolescents psychological well being, beliefs and ..
- The Role of Endothelias Dysfunction in HIV-Associated Pulmonary HypertensionJennifer Ho; Fiscal Year: 2009..have increased rates of endothelial dysfunction as measured by flow-mediated dilation (FMD) of the brachial artery, and that treatment with antiretroviral therapy leads to dramatic improvement in endothelial function...
- EFFECT OF HIV PROTEASE INHIBITORS ON ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCHarold McClure; Fiscal Year: 2004..substructures Endothelium- dependent relaxation will also be tested by high-resolution ultrasonography of the brachial artery in humans receiving and not receiving therapy (J Lennox R01)...
- Immunologic Basis of Coronary Disease in WomenSteven Reis; Fiscal Year: 2002..Coronary angiography and ventriculography data, brachial artery reactivity testing, ECG monitoring, and blood determinations are all assessed by core laboratories, Site-..
- ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN RACHARLES STEIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Endothelium-dependent, flow-mediated dilation of the brachial artery measured by ultrasound, and coronary calcium volume measured by electron beam computed tomography (EBCT) will ..