Genomes and Genes
ki 67 antigen
Summary: A CELL CYCLE and tumor growth marker which can be readily detected using IMMUNOCYTOCHEMISTRY methods. Ki-67 is a nuclear antigen present only in the nuclei of cycling cells.
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- The Ki-67 protein: from the known and the unknownT Scholzen
Division of Molecular Immunology, Research Center Borstel, Germany
J Cell Physiol 182:311-22. 2000..There are indications, however, that Ki-67 protein expression is an absolute requirement for progression through the cell-division cycle...
- Comparison of pHH3, Ki-67, and survivin immunoreactivity in benign and malignant melanocytic lesionsMichel R Nasr
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 30:117-22. 2008..pHH3 and Ki-67 can be useful adjuncts to histopathology to separate malignant melanoma from benign nevi. pHH3 is especially useful to highlight mitoses and to rapidly assess the mitotic activity in melanocytic lesions...
- Ki-67 as prognostic marker in early breast cancer: a meta-analysis of published studies involving 12,155 patientsE de Azambuja
Medical Oncology Clinic, Jules Bordet Institute, 125 Boulevard de Waterloo, 1000, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Cancer 96:1504-13. 2007..65-3.91); P<0.001) and node-positive patients (HR=2.33 (95% CI: 1.83-2.95); P<0.001). Our meta-analysis suggests that Ki-67/MIB-1 positivity confers a higher risk of relapse and a worse survival in patients with early BC...
- Proliferation markers and survival in early breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 85 studies in 32,825 patientsR Stuart-Harris
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Breast 17:323-34. 2008..Ki-67, MI, PCNA and LI are associated with worse survival outcomes in early breast cancer. However, whether these proliferation markers provide additional prognostic information to commonly used prognostic indices remains unclear...
- Prognostic value of Ki67 expression after short-term presurgical endocrine therapy for primary breast cancerMitch Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry, 4th Floor, Wallace Wing, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6 JJ, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:167-70. 2007....
- Predictive value of tumor Ki-67 expression in two randomized trials of adjuvant chemoendocrine therapy for node-negative breast cancerGiuseppe Viale
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, University of Milan, Via Ripamoniti 435, Milan, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:207-12. 2008..Thus, Ki-67 labeling index was an independent prognostic factor but was not predictive of better response to adjuvant chemotherapy in these studies...
- Levels of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha during breast carcinogenesisR Bos
Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:309-14. 2001..Increased levels of HIF-1 alpha are associated with increased proliferation and increased expression of ER and VEGF. Thus, increased levels of HIF-1 alpha are potentially associated with more aggressive tumors...
- Ki67 protein: the immaculate deception?D C Brown
Department of Histopathology, Whittington Hospital, London, UK
Histopathology 40:2-11. 2002..This review attempts to provide an update on the characterization of the Ki67 protein, its function and its use as a prognostic or diagnostic tool...
- Dissociation between steroid receptor expression and cell proliferation in the human breastR B Clarke
Clinical Research Department, University of Manchester Christie Hospital National Health Service Trust, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 57:4987-91. 1997..This organization may be disrupted in some tumors...
- Ki-67 expression in breast carcinoma: its association with grading systems, clinical parameters, and other prognostic factors--a surrogate marker?Helen Trihia
International Breast Cancer Study Group Pathology Center, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Cancer 97:1321-31. 2003..The Ki-67 nuclear antigen may be considered as an alternative to mitotic counts in grading schemes and as a single parameter that can be used in fine-needle aspirates and small biopsies...
- Molecular subtyping of breast cancer from traditional tumor marker profiles using parallel clustering methodsFederico Ambrogi
Unit of Medical Statistics and Biometry, National Cancer Institute of Milano, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:781-90. 2006..Thus, we sought to identify distinct tumor profiles with possible clinical relevance based on clusters of immunohistochemical molecular markers measured on a large, single institution, case series...
- Vascular supply as a discriminating factor for pig preantral follicle selectionA Martelli
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, Teramo, Italy
Reproduction 137:45-58. 2009..The follicles with this high activity are probably able to reach class 6 becoming dominant structures where somatic and vascular parameters are constantly on high levels and the VA remains the unique differentiating element...
- Relation of hypoxia inducible factor 1 alpha and 2 alpha in operable non-small cell lung cancer to angiogenic/molecular profile of tumours and survivalA Giatromanolaki
Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace, P O Box 128, Alexandroupolis 68100, Greece
Br J Cancer 85:881-90. 2001..Targeting the HIF pathway may prove of importance in the treatment of NSCLC...
- Prognostic comparative study of S-phase fraction and Ki-67 index in breast carcinomaA E Pinto
, , , Centro de Lisboa, 1099-023 Lisboa Codex, Portugal
J Clin Pathol 54:543-9. 2001..3844; p < 0.001), especially in the subgroup of diploid tumours. CONCLUSIONS: Flow cytometric SPF is a better prognosticator than the Ki-67 index, but only SPF variables applied in the whole series show potential clinical usefulness...
- Decreased expression of estrogen receptor beta protein in proliferative preinvasive mammary tumorsP Roger
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire et Hormonale, H pital Arnaud-de-Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
Cancer Res 61:2537-41. 2001..Knowledge of the ERbeta and ERalpha content in each preinvasive lesion should help to rationalize antiestrogen preventive therapy adapted to each individual patient...
- Immunohistochemical detection of Ki67 in breast cancer correlates with transcriptional regulation of genes related to apoptosis and cell deathPuay Hoon Tan
Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Mod Pathol 18:374-81. 2005..Differential regulation of these genes, especially bcl2, may contribute to the biological nature of clinically more aggressive and highly proliferative breast cancers...
- Coexistence of HER2 over-expression and p53 protein accumulation is a strong prognostic molecular marker in breast cancerHiroko Yamashita
Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Nagoya City University Hospital, Nagoya, Japan
Breast Cancer Res 6:R24-30. 2004..Although the available studies suggest that these factors might indeed be helpful in making treatment decisions in cancer patients, their clinical usefulness is still controversial...
- Breast cancer response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: predictive markers and relation with outcomeI F Faneyte
Department of Pathology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Br J Cancer 88:406-12. 2003..Proliferation decreases significantly after chemotherapy. ER negativity and a high proliferation index are associated with better response. HER2 status does not predict response, and outcome is not related to tumour response...
- Assessment of the new proliferation marker MIB1 in breast carcinoma using image analysis: associations with other prognostic factors and survivalS E Pinder
Department of Histopathology, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Br J Cancer 71:146-9. 1995..The results suggest that the tumour growth fraction, as assessed by the MIB1 labelling index, is an important predictor of survival...
- MIB-1 labelling index is an independent prognostic marker in primary breast cancerR L Jansen
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 78:460-5. 1998..08). Thus, in conclusion, the growth fraction of a tumour as determined by the MIB-1 labelling index is an important prognostic factor in patients with primary breast cancer...
- Quantification of cellular proliferation in tumor and normal tissues of patients with breast cancer by [18F]fluorothymidine-positron emission tomography imaging: evaluation of analytical methodsLaura M Kenny
Molecular Therapy and PET Oncology Research Group, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Cancer Res 65:10104-12. 2005..We conclude that [18F]FLT-positron emission tomography is a promising clinical tool for imaging cellular proliferation in breast cancer, and is most predictive when analyzed by graphical and spectral methods...
- Correlation between MIB-1 and other proliferation markers: clinical implications of the MIB-1 cutoff valueFrederique Spyratos
Laboratoire d Oncobiologie, Centre Rene Huguenin, Saint Cloud, France
Cancer 94:2151-9. 2002..The objectives of this study were to compare MIB-1 evaluation to other methods of measuring cell proliferation, with a view to refining the cutoff used to classify tumors with low and high proliferation rates in therapeutic trials...
- Prognostic value of Bcl-2 in invasive breast cancer receiving chemotherapy and endocrine therapyQifeng Yang
Department of General Surgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Ji Nan, Shandong Province, PR China
Oncol Rep 10:121-5. 2003..0242) after consideration of other prognostic factors. Our results imply that Bcl-2 is a significant favorable prognostic factor for breast cancer with chemotherapy and endocrine therapy...
- FANCD2 protein is expressed in proliferating cells of human tissues that are cancer-prone in Fanconi anaemiaMichael Hölzel
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 201:198-203. 2003..FANCD2 expression is frequently expressed in proliferating cells as demonstrated by Ki-67 immunofluorescence double staining, consistent with a function of FANCD2 in DNA replication...
- Influence of maternal diabetes on placental fibroblast growth factor-2 expression, proliferation, and apoptosisD W Burleigh
Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Soc Gynecol Investig 11:36-41. 2004..Alteration of placental development in women with diabetes may contribute to the increased risk of preeclampsia, macrosomia, or fetal growth restriction...
- Ki-67 staining index predicts distant metastasis and survival in locally advanced prostate cancer treated with radiotherapy: an analysis of patients in radiation therapy oncology group protocol 86-10Rile Li
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4118-24. 2004..In a prior study, we found that a Ki-67 SI of >3.5% was associated with poorer patient outcome. The goals of this analysis were to validate the prognostic value of Ki-67 SI and this cut point...
- Ki67 immunohistochemistry: a valuable marker in prognostication but with a risk of misclassification: proliferation subgroups formed based on Ki67 immunoreactivity and standardized mitotic indexP Jalava
Department of Pathology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Histopathology 48:674-82. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate this more closely and also to study the associations between bcl-2 and p53 expression and proliferation...
- Expression of p27(KIP1) and cyclin D1, and cell proliferation in human pterygiumSatoru Kase
Department of Ophthalmology, Sapporo Social Insurance General Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 91:958-61. 2007..The pterygium is a growth onto the cornea of fibrovascular tissue that is continuous with the conjunctiva, whereas the mechanisms of cell proliferation in pterygium epithelium are unknown...
- Correlation of proliferative markers (Ki-67 and PCNA) with survival and lymph node metastasis in oral squamous cell carcinoma: a clinical and histopathological analysis of 113 patientsH Myoung
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Research Institute, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Korea
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:1005-10. 2006..From this result, it can be postulated that the cancer staging based on the TNM stage was a powerful prognostic variable and Ki-67 had a significant effect on the cumulative survival rate...
- Neoadjuvant treatment for early-stage breast cancer: opportunities to assess tumour responseRobin L Jones
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 7:869-74. 2006..In addition, the anatomical accessibility of the breast provides the potential for serial biopsies to investigate molecular changes during treatment...
- Increasing expression of hypoxia-inducible proteins in the Barrett's metaplasia-dysplasia-adenocarcinoma sequenceE A Griffiths
Academic Radiation Oncology, Division of Cancer Studies, Christie Hospital, The University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 96:1377-83. 2007..The late expression of HIF-2alpha in the Barrett's carcinogenesis sequence and its high expression in adenocarcinoma suggest that it is worth further investigation as a marker of disease progression and therapeutic target...
- Glioma proliferation as assessed by 3'-fluoro-3'-deoxy-L-thymidine positron emission tomography in patients with newly diagnosed high-grade gliomaRoland Ullrich
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research with Klaus Joachim Zülch Laboratories, Cologne, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 14:2049-55. 2008....
- The Ki-67 protein: fascinating forms and an unknown functionE Endl
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, D 23845, Germany
Exp Cell Res 257:231-7. 2000..The recently published data add new pieces to the challenging puzzle of this multifaceted protein, which are waiting to be put together...
- A novel immunohistochemical method to estimate cell-cycle phase distribution in archival tissue: implications for the prediction of outcome in colorectal cancerIan S Scott
MRC Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2XZ, UK
J Pathol 201:187-97. 2003..Detectable cyclin A can be used as a surrogate marker of S phase and may be of value in predicting prognosis and response to adjuvant therapy...
- A candidate precursor to serous carcinoma that originates in the distal fallopian tubeY Lee
Division of Women s and Perinatal Pathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pathol 211:26-35. 2007....
- Prognostic indicators for gastrointestinal stromal tumours: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study of 108 resected cases of the stomachN A C S Wong
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, UK
Histopathology 43:118-26. 2003..Our aim was to test previously studied and more novel morphological features as well as four immunohistochemical markers as prognostic indicators amongst a large cohort of surgically resected, gastric GISTs...
- DNA topoisomerase II alpha and Ki-67 in human adrenocortical neoplasms: a possible marker of differentiation between adenomas and carcinomasK Iino
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Mod Pathol 10:901-7. 1997..This indicates that immunohistochemical analysis of Ki-67 and topoII alpha could help to differentiate carcinoma from adenoma in resected adrenocortical neoplasms and might predict aggressive biologic behavior in carcinomas...
- Pituitary tumour transforming gene (PTTG) expression correlates with the proliferative activity and recurrence status of pituitary adenomas: a clinical and immunohistochemical studyMariagiovanna Filippella
Department of Endocrinology and Reproductive Diseases, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital de Bicetre, France
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 65:536-43. 2006....
- Comparison of the short-term biological effects of 7alpha-[9-(4,4,5,5,5-pentafluoropentylsulfinyl)-nonyl]estra-1,3,5, (10)-triene-3,17beta-diol (Faslodex) versus tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with primary breast cancerJ F Robertson
Department of Surgery, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 61:6739-46. 2001..Reductions in tumor cell proliferative activity (as indicated by Ki67LI) show that ICI 182,780 is likely to have antitumor activity in the clinical setting...
- Ki-67 expression and patients survival in lung cancer: systematic review of the literature with meta-analysisB Martin
Critical Care Department and Thoracic Oncology, Institut Jules Bordet, Centre des Tumeurs de l Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Cancer 91:2018-25. 2004..56 (95% CI: 1.30-1.87), showing a worse survival when Ki-67 expression is increased. In conclusion, our meta-analysis shows that the expression of Ki-67 is a factor of poor prognosis for survival in NSCLC...
- Ki-67 predicts outcome in advanced-stage mantle cell lymphoma patients treated with anti-CD20 immunochemotherapy: results from randomized trials of the European MCL Network and the German Low Grade Lymphoma Study GroupOlaf Determann
Department of Pathology, Hematopathology Section and Lymph Node Registry, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Blood 111:2385-7. 2008..013). Thus, the Ki-67 index remains an important prognostic marker in the era of anti-CD20 therapy. The Euro-pean MCL study is registered at www.ClinicalTrials.gov as #NCT00016887...
- Pattern of distribution of cells positive for estrogen receptor alpha and progesterone receptor in relation to proliferating cells in the mammary glandJ Russo
Breast Cancer Research Laboratory, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 53:217-27. 1999....
- Biologic and prognostic significance of dermal Ki67 expression, mitoses, and tumorigenicity in thin invasive cutaneous melanomaPhyllis A Gimotty
Melanoma Program of the Abramson Cancer Center, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8048-56. 2005..In this study, we characterized three biomarkers of proliferation (Ki67 expression, dermal mitotic rate [MR], and tumorigenicity) in thin (< or = 1.00 mm) primary cutaneous melanomas and examined their association with prognosis...
- Prognostic and predictive effects of immunohistochemical factors in high-risk primary breast cancer patientsNicolaus Kroger
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, Transplant Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:159-68. 2006..To analyze prognostic and predictive effects of immunohistochemical factors within a randomized study of high-dose versus standard-dose chemotherapy in high-risk breast cancer with >10 involved lymph nodes...
- EZH2 expression is associated with high proliferation rate and aggressive tumor subgroups in cutaneous melanoma and cancers of the endometrium, prostate, and breastIngeborg M Bachmann
Gade Institute, Section of Pathology, Bergen, Norway
J Clin Oncol 24:268-73. 2006..The purpose of this study was to validate previous findings in a population-based setting, also including tumors that have not been studied previously...
- Lymphatic spread is related to VEGF-C expression and D2-40-positive myofibroblasts in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaShinichi Aishima
Department of Pathology, Hamanomachi Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Mod Pathol 21:256-64. 2008..D2-40-positive myofibroblasts may contribute to lymphatic metastasis...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: the incidence, prevalence, clinical course, and prognostication in the preimatinib mesylate era--a population-based study in western SwedenBengt Nilsson
Department of Surgery, The Lundberg Laboratory for Cancer Research, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Göteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Cancer 103:821-9. 2005..New treatment options mandate more accurate information regarding the incidence, prevalence, clinical behavior, and prognostic factors of GIST...
- Prognostic relevance of cell proliferation in head and neck tumorsA Pich
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, Section of Pathology, University of Turin, Italy
Ann Oncol 15:1319-29. 2004..Provided that large and homogeneous series are evaluated by standardized methods, cell proliferative activity can still be regarded as an inexpensive and reliable prognostic factor in head and neck tumors...
- Bcl-2 is a prognostic marker in breast cancer independently of the Nottingham Prognostic IndexGrace M Callagy
Cancer Genomics Program, Department of Oncology, Hutchison Medical Research Council Research Centre, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 12:2468-75. 2006..We validated the results in an independent series...
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 2 is a strong independent prognostic marker in breast cancerMichael A Gonzalez
Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison Medical Research Council Research Centre, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 2XZ, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 21:4306-13. 2003..To test the hypothesis that prognostic information in breast cancer may be derived from an accurate assessment of epithelial cell cycle entry, as indicated by expression of minichromosome maintenance (MCM) proteins...
- Studies of the potential utility of Ki67 as a predictive molecular marker of clinical response in primary breast cancerL Assersohn
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 82:113-23. 2003..Objectives were to characterise the relationship of the proliferation marker Ki67 with response to systemic treatment in early breast cancer and to assess its clinical utility, using fine needle aspirates...
- Relationship between tumour shrinkage and reduction in Ki67 expression after primary chemotherapy in human breast cancerA Bottini
Centro di Senologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Istituti Ospitalieri, Viale Concordia 1, Cremona, 26100, Italy
Br J Cancer 85:1106-12. 2001..Reduction in Ki67 immunostaining correlated with clinical response but failed to be related to RFS. Ki67 expression at surgery rather than at baseline appears to be a better predictor for disease relapse...
- Malignant degeneration of Barrett's esophagus: the role of the Ki-67 proliferation fraction, expression of E-cadherin and p53M Feith
Chriurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der Technischen Universität München, Germany
Dis Esophagus 17:322-7. 2004..This might aid in the early detection of esophageal adenocarcinoma...
- Aberrant expression of minichromosome maintenance proteins 2 and 5, and Ki-67 in dysplastic squamous oesophageal epithelium and Barrett's mucosaJ J Going
Department of Pathology, Glasgow University, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Gut 50:373-7. 2002..Expression is dysregulated in dysplastic states but data for oesophageal squamous mucosa and Barrett's mucosa have not been published...
- Association between histology grade, expression of HsMCM2, and cyclin A in human invasive breast carcinomasI R K Bukholm
Department of Surgery, Akershus University Hospital, 1474 Nordbyhagen, Norway
J Clin Pathol 56:368-73. 2003....
- Improved cervical smear assessment using antibodies against proteins that regulate DNA replicationG H Williams
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research Campaign Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14932-7. 1998..Thus antibodies against proteins that regulate DNA replication can reduce the high false-negative rate of the Pap smear test and may facilitate mass automated screening...
- Immunohistochemical prognostic markers in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: validation of tissue microarray as a prerequisite for broad clinical applications (a study from the Lunenburg Lymphoma Biomarker Consortium)D De Jong
Department of Pathology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Pathol 62:128-38. 2009..In this study, an international collaboration of clinical lymphoma research groups has concentrated on validation and standardisation of immunohistochemistry of the currently potentially interesting prognostic markers in DLBCL...
- Immunohistochemical characteristics of melanomaSteven J Ohsie
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:433-44. 2008..Ki67 remains the most useful adjunct in distinguishing benign from malignant melanocytic tumors. None of the markers reviewed has been shown conclusively to have prognostic value for melanocytic neoplasms...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of tumor angiogenic factors in human pituitary adenomasMaria Niveiro
Department of Pathology, General Universitary Hospital of Alicante, Pintor Baeza s n, 03010 Alicante, Spain
Hum Pathol 36:1090-5. 2005..Moreover, Flk-1 is associated with a more aggressive phenotype, and it may have potential therapeutic interest...
- p27 Labeling index and proliferation in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: correlations with clinicopathologic factors and recurrenceTekinalp Gelen
Department of Pathology, Akdeniz University, Medical School, Antalya, Turkey
Jpn J Clin Oncol 33:346-52. 2003....
- Cell division and cleavage orientation in the developing retina are regulated by L-DOPAMarc S Tibber
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, UK
J Comp Neurol 496:369-81. 2006..J. Comp. Neurol. 496:369-381, 2006. (c) 2006 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Expression of enhancer of zeste homologue 2 is significantly associated with increased tumor cell proliferation and is a marker of aggressive breast cancerKarin Collett
Section for Pathology, The Gade Institute, Haukeland University Hospital, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 12:1168-74. 2006..These findings might be practically important and relevant because the polycomb group proteins have recently been suggested as candidates for targeted therapy...
- Proliferation and apoptosis as markers of benefit in neoadjuvant endocrine therapy of breast cancerMitch Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry and Breast Unit, Royal Marsden Hospital, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 12:1024s-1030s. 2006..We argue that these changes in proliferation and concurrent changes in apoptosis may be expected to be more predictive of adjuvant benefit from endocrine therapy than clinical response...
- Proliferative markers as prognostic and predictive tools in early breast cancer: where are we now?M Colozza
S C Oncologia Medica, Azienda Ospedaliera, San Sisto 06132 Perugia, Italy
Ann Oncol 16:1723-39. 2005..Early incorporation of translational research and new technologies with clinical trials are needed to prospectively validate biological markers and allow their use in clinical practice...
- Fluorine-18-alpha-methyltyrosine positron emission tomography for diagnosis and staging of lung cancer: a clinicopathologic studyKyoichi Kaira
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 13:6369-78. 2007..Tumor uptake of [(18)F]FMT was compared with that of 2-[(18)F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose ([(18)F]FDG) and correlated with L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) expression...
- Primary resected meningiomas: relapses and proliferation markersJean Pierre Kalala
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, Ghent, Belgium
In Vivo 18:411-6. 2004..Relapses of meningiomas are a well known phenomenon during follow-up. The significance of sex, age, surgical treatment and mitotic frequency with regard to relapses are still a matter of debate...
- Chemotherapy is more effective in patients with breast cancer not expressing steroid hormone receptors: a study of preoperative treatmentMarco Colleoni
Department of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 10:6622-8. 2004..The purpose of this research was to identify factors predicting response to preoperative chemotherapy...
- Prognostic significance of the mitotic index using the mitosis marker anti-phosphohistone H3 in meningiomasYoo Jin Kim
Institute of Neuropathology, Saarland University, School of Medicine, Homburg Saar, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 128:118-25. 2007..In contrast with the Ki-67 LI, H&E MI and PHH3 MI also remained as independent predictors in the multivariate Cox hazards modeling (P = .0007 and P = .0004, respectively)...
- Minichromosome maintenance protein 6, a proliferation marker superior to Ki-67 and independent predictor of survival in patients with mantle cell lymphomaC Schrader
Second Department of Internal Medicine and Hematology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Chemnitzstr 33, 24116 Kiel, Germany
Br J Cancer 93:939-45. 2005..Therefore, aside from gene expression profiling, immunohistochemical detection of MCM6 seems to be the most promising marker for predicting the outcome in MCL...
- Short-term changes in Ki-67 during neoadjuvant treatment of primary breast cancer with anastrozole or tamoxifen alone or combined correlate with recurrence-free survivalMitch Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London
Clin Cancer Res 11:951s-8s. 2005....
- Role of PTEN in gastrointestinal stromal tumor progressionRiccardo Ricci
Department of Pathology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:421-5. 2004....
- Immunobiochemical and molecular biologic characterization of the cell proliferation-associated nuclear antigen that is defined by monoclonal antibody Ki-67J Gerdes
Division of Molecular Immunology, Forschungsinstitut Borstel, Federal Republic of Germany
Am J Pathol 138:867-73. 1991..This cDNA fragment could be bacterially expressed, and in subsequent immunoblot analysis Ki-67 reacted exclusively with those fusion proteins that were derived from bacteria containing the insert in the right reading frame...
- Expression of c-kit (CD117) and Ki67 provides information about the possible cell of origin and clinical course of gastrointestinal stromal tumoursT Seidal
Department of Pathology, Karlstad, Central Hospital, Sweden
Histopathology 34:416-24. 1999..Furthermore, the aim was to correlate clinical, histological and immunophenotypic parameters to their clinical course by means of statistical analysis...
- Ki-67, cyclin E, and p16INK4 are complimentary surrogate biomarkers for human papilloma virus-related cervical neoplasiaJ T Keating
Division of Women's and Perinatal Pathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:884-91. 2001....
- Replicative MCM7 protein as a proliferation marker in endometrial carcinoma: a tissue microarray and clinicopathological analysisS S Li
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Histopathology 46:307-13. 2005..MCM proteins are essential for eukaryotic DNA replication and have recently been used to define the proliferative compartments in human tissues...
- Early changes in apoptosis and proliferation following primary chemotherapy for breast cancerC D Archer
Breast Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1035-41. 2003..Pretreatment proliferation and GI are however predictive of response to chemotherapy in breast cancer...
- Prognostic value of MCM2 immunoreactivity in stage T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderStefan Kruger
Institute of Pathology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538, Lubeck, Germany
Eur Urol 43:138-45. 2003..To our knowledge, there are no reports on studies investigating minichromosome maintenance protein 2 (MCM2) expression in bladder carcinomas. Thus, we investigated the prognostic value of MCM2 immunoreactivity in stage T1 bladder tumors...
- Conditional expression of human 15-lipoxygenase-1 in mouse prostate induces prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia: the FLiMP mouse modelUddhav P Kelavkar
Department of Urology and Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neoplasia 8:510-22. 2006..The FLiMP mouse model should also be useful in crosses with other GEM models to further define the combinations of molecular alterations necessary for PCa progression...
- High proliferative activity may predict early metastasis of thin melanomasS O Frahm
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Germany
Hum Pathol 32:1376-81. 2001..Further investigations are needed to determine the value of proliferation measurements for the long-term prognosis of thin melanomas...
- Prognostic value of Ki-67 immunolabelling in primary operable breast cancerM Railo
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Br J Cancer 68:579-83. 1993..02), tumour size (P < 0.0001) and nodal status (P < 0.006) were independent prognostic factors. We conclude that the potential value of Ki-67 labelling for prognostic evaluation of patients with breast carcinoma is good...
- Analysis of proliferation and apoptosis in brain gliomas: prognostic and clinical valueM A Heesters
Department of Radiotherapy, Groningen University Hospital, The Netherlands
J Neurooncol 44:255-66. 1999..MIB-LI is of independent prognostic value in A and AA. Assessment of MIB-LI in A and AA can be used as an aid in distinguishing A and AA...
- Evaluation of ER, PgR, HER-2 and Ki-67 as predictors of response to neoadjuvant anthracycline chemotherapy for operable breast cancerR J Burcombe
Academic Oncology Unit, Mount Vernon Hospital, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 2RN, UK
Br J Cancer 92:147-55. 2005..1% after treatment (P = 0.02); the median reduction in Ki-67 index after treatment was 21.2%. Tumours displaying >75% reduction in Ki-67 after chemotherapy were more likely to achieve a pathological response (77.8 vs 26.7%, P = 0.004)...
- Changes in the topological expression of markers of differentiation and apoptosis in defined stages of human cervical dysplasia and carcinomaSilvia Zanotti
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Ruhr Universitat, Bochum, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 89:376-84. 2003..We compared the capacity of cells in normal cervical epithelium, progressive stages of CIN, and invasive carcinoma to proliferate, differentiate, and undergo apoptosis...
- Combined analysis of MIB-1 and thyroid transcription factor-1 predicts survival in non-small cell lung carcinomasF Puglisi
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Udine, Piazzale SM Misericordia, 33100, Udine, Italy
Cancer Lett 162:97-103. 2001..002), MIB-1 (P=0.01) and pStage (P=0.04). Accordingly, analysing TTF-1 and MIB-1 together, a better prediction of survival was obtained (P=0.02), with the poorest prognosis for the 'TTF-1++/MIB-1+' cases...
- MCM2 is an independent predictor of survival in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerN Ramnath
Lung Cancer Program, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:4259-66. 2001..Whether MCM2 is predictive of response to therapy needs to be studied...
- Histopathology and MIB-1 labeling index predicted recurrence of meningiomas: a proposal of diagnostic criteria for patients with atypical meningiomaDonald Ming Tak Ho
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Cancer 94:1538-47. 2002..The objective of this study was to formulate diagnostic criteria for atypical meningioma...
- Apoptosis and cell proliferation in the development of gastric carcinomas: associations with c-myc and p53 protein expressionHideaki H Ishii
Second Department of Pathology, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:966-72. 2002..The aim of the present paper was to characterize cellular and molecular properties to provide insight into aspects of tumor progression in early compared with advanced gastric cancers...
- The expression of Ki-67, MCM3, and p27 defines distinct subsets of proliferating, resting, and differentiated cellsE Endl
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Division of Molecular Immunology, Research Center Borstel, D 23845 Borstel, Germany
J Pathol 195:457-62. 2001..In conclusion, a combined analysis of Ki-67, MCM3, and p27 protein expression may provide a more detailed insight into the cell proliferation and differentiation processes that determine individual tumour growth...
- Loss of Bcl-2 in invasive breast cancer is associated with high rates of cell death, but also with increased proliferative activityH J van Slooten
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 77:789-96. 1998....
- Value of epidermal growth factor receptor status compared with growth fraction and other factors for prognosis in early breast cancerG Gasparini
St Bortolo Regional Hospital, USSL 8 Vicenza Veneto, Italy
Br J Cancer 66:970-6. 1992....
- Independent prognostic impact of lymphatic vessel density and presence of low-grade lymphangiogenesis in cutaneous melanomaOddbjørn Straume
Department of Pathology, The Gade Institute, University of Bergen, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 9:250-6. 2003..In addition, our data suggest the presence of low-grade intra-tumoral lymphangiogenesis in melanoma and a stimulating role of bFGF in lymphangiogenesis...
- Ki67 and PIM1 expression predict outcome in mantle cell lymphoma treated with high dose therapy, stem cell transplantation and rituximab: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B 59909 correlative science studyEric D Hsi
Department of Clinical Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 49:2081-90. 2008..High Ki67 (>35%) is an important independent prognostic marker in aggressively treated MCL in the rituximab era. PIM1 expression predicts poor outcome and, given its potential role as a therapeutic target, deserves further study...
- Prognostic and predictive value of centrally reviewed Ki-67 labeling index in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer: results from Breast International Group Trial 1-98 comparing adjuvant tamoxifen with letrozoleGiuseppe Viale
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:5569-75. 2008..To evaluate the prognostic and predictive value of Ki-67 labeling index (LI) in a trial comparing letrozole (Let) with tamoxifen (Tam) as adjuvant therapy in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer...
- A critical reappraisal of MIB-1 labelling index significance in a large series of pituitary tumours: secreting versus non-secreting adenomasM L Jaffrain-Rea
Department of Experimental Medicine, Universita degli Studi di L Aquila, Via Vetoio, Coppito 2, 67100 L Aquila AQ, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 9:103-13. 2002..LI should be interpreted according to hormone secretion and pre-operative treatment. Unusually high LI values deserve particular attention...
- Prognostic significance of tumor cell proliferation analyzed in fine needle aspirates from primary breast cancerA M Billgren
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 71:161-70. 2002..To our knowledge, this is the first study demonstrating PF, which can contribute prognostic information when analyzed in preoperative smears...
- Clinical significance of cell proliferation, microvessel density, and CD44 adhesion molecule expression in renal cell carcinomaN Rioux-Leclercq
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Pathol 32:1209-15. 2001..Cell proliferation and CD44H expression appear to be powerful markers to identify patients with an adverse prognosis...
- Changes in microvessel density as assessed by CD34 antibodies after primary chemotherapy in human breast cancerAlberto Bottini
Breast Cancer Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Istituti Ospitalieri, Cremona, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 8:1816-21. 2002..The impact of chemotherapy +/- endocrine therapy on the extent of angiogenesis is unknown...
- Biological prognostic factors for early stage completely resected non-small cell lung cancerL Cagini
Department of Surgical Sciences, University Hospital, Perugia, Italy
J Surg Oncol 74:53-60. 2000..Our study investigated the frequency of expression and the clinicopathologic and prognostic significance of a series of biological markers in stage I and II resected non-small cell lung cancer...
- Proliferation marker Ki-67 in early breast cancerAnder Urruticoechea
Academic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:7212-20. 2005..However, its application as a pharmacodynamic intermediate marker of the effectiveness of medical therapy holds great promise for rapid evaluation of new drugs...
- Gliomas of the optic nerve: histological, immunohistochemical (MIB-1 and p53), and MRI analysisT J Cummings
Duke University Medical Center, Department of Pathology, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Acta Neuropathol 99:563-70. 2000....
- Prognostic significance of bcl-2 expression in stage III breast cancer patients who had received doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel as adjuvant chemotherapyKyung Hun Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
BMC Cancer 7:63. 2007....
- IN-VITRO AND IN-VIVO EFFECTS OF GM-CSF ON ADULT ANLLCamille Abboud; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- H PYLORI PHENOTYPE AND STOMACH CANCERAtsuko Shibata; Fiscal Year: 2000..p53 mutation (frequency and spectrum), cell proliferation and apoptotic indices will be compared according to the cagA status and histologic type of the cancer. ..
- Lung Cancer Prognosis: FLT PET and DNA HypermethylationHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2009..This prognostic information will permit individualization and optimization of therapy for the 41,000 early stage NSCLC patients undergoing surgical resection each year in the United States. ..
- FLT PET to Plan the Best Therapy for Lung CancerHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2008..At the conclusion of this study, the insight gained in the response of stage III NSCLCs will allow clinicians to plan the best therapy for these patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MR Dynamic Imaging and Spectroscopy in Head & Neck CancersAMITA DAVE; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, it will provide an a priori predictor of failure/response to chemotherapy and/or long term disease free-survival, resulting in patient specific treatment which will likely enhance outcome. ..
- THE BIOLOGY OF LUNG CANCER-- FDG AND FLUOROTHYMIDINE PETHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2004..By performing a biologic grading of resectable NSCLC with FDG PET, we will predict which patients will have a worse outcome. This information will allow individualized therapy. ..
- Diet, Obesity and StressYvonne Ulrich Lai; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Aspects of Adult Hippocampal NeurogenesisJULIAN KEITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Xenogen IVIS-200 Bioluminescent Imaging SystemAlan Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethanol, neurotrophins, and thalamocortical matchingSANDRA MOONEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF THE FAS ANTIGEN IN OVARIAN CELL APOPTOSISSUSAN QUIRK; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding pathways that promote or prevent susceptibility of ovarian cells to apoptosis may lead to development of novel therapies for ovarian and other cancers. ..
- The Roles of Osteonectin and Osteoactivin in GliomasJeremy Rich; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Validate osteonectin and osteoactivin as potential therapeutic targets in glioma invasion. It is hoped that these studies will provide the basis of novel therapeutic interventions for patients with malignant gliomas. ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY AND MECHANISMS IN ORAL CANCERElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- POLYAMINE INVOLVEMENT IN MAMMARY CARCINOGENESISAndrea Manni; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Cell Differentation During DecidualizationZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, in the long term our studies might provide new targets of intervention leading to improvements in diagnosis and treatment. ..
- STATs as a Novel Approach to Cancer TherapyJames Turkson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will refine and further develop lead compounds as potent Stat3 inhibitors with antitumor activities for eventual clinical applications ..
- Cs-137 Irradiator for new Fitzsimons CampusDavid Raben; Fiscal Year: 2007..The JL 81 irradiator is an important component of this foundation of cancer research and will facilitate the preclinical experiments necessary for translation at the new UCDHSC Fitzsimons campus. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer Prevention by Letrozole in High Risk WomenCarol J Fabian; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Coupling of 5-HT Receptors to Neuroprotective PathwaysDANIEL COWEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Slices will be very helpful in interpreting the cause of observed lags in effect since autoreceptors are not present in cultured slices. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FlaxSeed Lignan for Breast Cancer ChemopreventionCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..If positive, the results of this study will be critical to the design and implementation of a placebo-controlled Phase II prevention trial with Brevail and/or commercial flaxseed. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MICROARRAY ANALYSIS OF RETINAL DEGENERATION IN MICECaroline Zeiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..Colin Barnstable, Professor of Neurobiology and Ophthalmology, who is an internationally recognized molecular biologist using mouse models of retinal development and degeneration. ..
- Type II TGF Beta Receptor and RCC ProgressionAlexander Parker; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF TGFBETA IN CORNEAL STROMAL WOUND HEALINGJames V Jester; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Targeting BRM as novel model of prostate hyperplasiaKaren Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies described will establish the utility of this model for analysis of prostate cancer, and reveal the biological consequence of BRM loss in the prostate. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of Methods for Preservation of Phosphoproteins in fixed tissuesEric Hsi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, control material with defined relative expression levels of many PPs will result from this application and allow laboratories to assess performance of their individual assays. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Collaborative HNC ResearchElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..This aim is to determine whether there is an easily administered, sensitive biomarker that can predict HPV-HR status in HNC tumors prior to therapy.. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epithelial-stromal cell interactions in breast cancerKornelia Polyak; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Transcripitonal and Genetic Profiles in HNSCCsElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Soy on Estrogens in Breast Fluid and UrineGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2010..The NAF approach is the only way to learn more about the beneficial and adverse effects of soy directly in the female breast without applying invasive procedures to women without breast disease or surgery. ..
- Aberrant Crypt Foci as a Biomarker for ChemopreventionFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Gene Copy Number Changes and Breast Cancer SurvivalPeggy Porter; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Predictive Markers of Glioblastoma Response to VEGF TrapJohn de Groot; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HER2/neu and dietary fat: interactions in breast cancerLisa Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FATTY ACIDS AND PPARS IN BREAST CANCER PREVENTIONLisa Yee; Fiscal Year: 2005..Yee the training required to become an independent clinician scientist in the field of preventive oncology. ..
- EXERCISE INTERVENTION IN COLORECTAL POLYP PATIENTSAnne McTiernan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this unique human experimental study will provide important information about mechanisms of exercise effects on colon carcinogenesis and about potential ..
- TGF BETA AND BRAIN TUMORSJeremy Rich; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CEA BASED VACCINE THERAPY IN PATIENTS WITH ADVANCED CAJohn Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..So far, the applicant's experience with the first generation CEA-based vaccines has generated a great deal of excitement, and yet he anticipates even more from the newer vaccine constructs. ..
- Prostate Cancer: A Mouse Model Testing 15-Lipoxygenase-1Uddhav Kelavkar; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Polyamines and Breast Cancer BiologyAndrea Manni; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of these studies is to identify critical signaling molecules which can be targeted in conjunction with antipolyamine therapy to optimize prevention of metastasis from breast cancer. ..
- Development of Digital SNP Analysis in Cancer DetectionIe Ming Shih; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the encouraging results from this study will ensure the detection of AI in plasma a promising cancer research direction for further exploration. ..
- Cohort Study of Risks for Benign Prostatic HyperplasiaAlan Kristal; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from this study will enhance our understanding of the etiology of symptomatic BPH and could potentially be used to develop new strategies for prevention and control of this very common disease. ..
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF MULTISTEP ORAL TUMORIGENESISWalter Hittelman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- EARLY GENETIC EVENTS IN ASTROCYTOMA FORMATIONJOHN HENSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..As a way forward to new hypotheses, they will determine genome-wide changes in subsets of LGA patients with good and poor outcomes using comparative genomic hybridization (CGH). ..
- MUC4 Mucin and Airway Epithelial Regeneration in COPDJudith Voynow; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our ultimate goal is to use information from this project to identify new biologic targets for rational therapies to induce normal airway epithelial proliferation and differentiation following injury. ..
- HIN-1,A Novel Putative Breast Tumor Suppressor GeneKornelia Polyak; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Phase II Trial of ACAPHA in Former Smokers with IEN.Stephen Lam; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also provide new information on the use of novel biomarkers as surrogate endpoints for assessing the effect of chemoprevention. ..
- REGULATION OF CELL DIFFERENTATION DURING DECIDUALIZATIONZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate that our ongoing studies will contribute to find therapies to treat endometrial dysfunctions associated with infertility, habitual abortions and/or insufficient placental development. ..
- Clinical Significance of Apoptosis in Colon CancerFrank Sinicrope; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- LIPOSOMAL BCL-2 ANTISENSE THERAPY FOR SOLID TUMORSFrancisco Esteva; Fiscal Year: 2003..Gabriel Lopez-Berestein (Department of Bioimmunotherapy). M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has the patients and resources necessary for Dr. Esteva to successfully complete this research project. ..
- REGULATION OF MUCIN GENE EXPRESSION BY ELASTASEJudith Voynow; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ultimate goal is to use information from this project to identify new biologic targets for therapeutic interventions to prevent mucus obstruction in chronic inflammatory airway diseases. ..
- Humanized mice for Neuro AIDSLarisa Poluektova; Fiscal Year: 2008..This model will be the best suited for NeuroAIDS research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHEMOPREVENTION FOR WOMEN AT HIGH RISK OF BREAST CANCERCAROL FABIAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The answer impacts on the entire future of breast cancer chemoprevention development efforts. ..
- Prognostic Markers for Juvenile Pilocytic AstrocytomasKwong Kwok Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- KERATOCYTE CRYSTALLIN PROTEINS AND CORNEAL TRANSPARENCYJAMES JESTER; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Radiation, Hormones & Antisense Prostate Cancer TherapyAlan Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CYCLIN E EXPRESSION IN HUMAN CANCERPeggy Porter; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor activator and its inhibitors in mouse uterusXuan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Changes in Tumor DNA Methylation with DecitabineDavid Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2006..This preliminary look at individual genes may provide a molecular rationale for future decitabine therapeutic studies in specific relevant tumor types. ..
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nutritional Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes in the Multiethnic CohortGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Density, IGF-I, & Prolactin, in Four PopulationsGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2004..The statistical analysis will include mixed models to explore the relation between hormone levels and breast density while controlling for confounders and for clustering by study location. ..
- AIDS MALIGNANCY CONSORTIUMJoseph Sparano; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Soy Consumption and Breast Tissue ProliferationGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- NESTED CASE CONTROL STUDY OF MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITYGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2002....