Genomes and Genes
Summary: Glycoproteins found on immature hematopoietic cells and endothelial cells. They are the only molecules to date whose expression within the blood system is restricted to a small number of progenitor cells in the bone marrow.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived CD34+ cells: efficient production in the coculture with OP9 stromal cells and analysis of lymphohematopoietic potentialMaxim A Vodyanik
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792 8550, USA
Blood 105:617-26. 2005..These data indicate that CD34+ cells generated through hES/OP9 coculture display several features of definitive hematopoietic stem cells...
- AC133, a novel marker for human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsA H Yin
AmCell Corp, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Blood 90:5002-12. 1997....
- Expression of CD34 and Myf5 defines the majority of quiescent adult skeletal muscle satellite cellsJ R Beauchamp
Muscle Cell Biology Group, Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, W12 ONN United Kingdom
J Cell Biol 151:1221-34. 2000..We conclude that the expression of CD34, Myf5, and M-cadherin defines quiescent, committed precursors and speculate that the CD34(-ve), Myf5(-ve) minority may be involved in maintaining the lineage-committed majority...
- Number and migratory activity of circulating endothelial progenitor cells inversely correlate with risk factors for coronary artery diseaseM Vasa
Division of Molecular Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine IV, University of Frankfurt, Germany
Circ Res 89:E1-7. 2001..The full text of this article is available at http://www.circresaha.org...
- Circulating endothelial progenitor cells are reduced in peripheral vascular complications of type 2 diabetes mellitusGian Paolo Fadini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Metabolic Diseases, University of Padova, School of Medicine, Padova, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1449-57. 2005..We sought to establish whether a reduction in endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) has a putative role in peripheral vascular disease (PVD) of type 2 diabetic patients...
- Dasatinib (BMS-354825) targets an earlier progenitor population than imatinib in primary CML but does not eliminate the quiescent fractionMhairi Copland
Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, University of Glasgow, UK
Blood 107:4532-9. 2006..These data confirm that dasatinib is more effective than IM within the CML stem cell compartment; however, the most primitive quiescent CML cells appear to be inherently resistant to both drugs...
- Mobilization of endothelial progenitor cells in patients with acute myocardial infarctionS Shintani
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Internal Medicine III, Kurume University, Japan
Circulation 103:2776-9. 2001..35, P=0.01). CONCLUSIONS: This is the first clinical demonstration showing that lineage-committed EPCs and MNC(CD34+), their putative precursors, are mobilized during an acute ischemic event in humans...
- Increased circulating hematopoietic and endothelial progenitor cells in the early phase of acute myocardial infarctionMargherita Massa
Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Mecical Oncology, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Blood 105:199-206. 2005..05). No significant difference was documented between patients with SA and CTRLs. Spontaneous mobilization of both HPCs and EPCs occurs within a few hours from the onset of AMI and is detectable until 2 months...
- In vitro differentiation of endothelial cells from AC133-positive progenitor cellsU M Gehling
Department of Hematology Oncology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Blood 95:3106-12. 2000..Whether these hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors develop from a common precursor, the hemangioblast will be studied at the single-cell level...
- Development of a human adaptive immune system in cord blood cell-transplanted miceElisabetta Traggiai
Institute for Research in Biomedicine IRB, Via Vela 6, 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Science 304:104-7. 2004..This provides a valuable model to study development and function of the human adaptive immune system in vivo...
- Generalised reduction of putative endothelial progenitors and CXCR4-positive peripheral blood cells in type 2 diabetesC G Egan
Department of Neuroscience, University of Siena, Via A Moro, 53100, Siena, Italy
Diabetologia 51:1296-305. 2008..Since expression of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 (CXCR4) has been associated with mobilisation and recruitment of progenitor cells, CXCR4 expression was also analysed...
- Expression of the CD34 gene in vascular endothelial cellsL Fina
Leukaemia Research Fund Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Blood 75:2417-26. 1990..However, well-established endothelial cell contacts with tight junctions are CD34 negative. CD34 may function as an adhesion molecule on both endothelial cells and hematopoietic progenitors...
- Intramuscular transplantation of G-CSF-mobilized CD34(+) cells in patients with critical limb ischemia: a phase I/IIa, multicenter, single-blinded, dose-escalation clinical trialAtsuhiko Kawamoto
Division of Vascular Regeneration Therapy, Department of Translational Research, Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Stem Cells 27:2857-64. 2009..Favorable trends in efficacy parameters encourage a randomized and controlled trial in the future...
- MicroRNAs 221 and 222 inhibit normal erythropoiesis and erythroleukemic cell growth via kit receptor down-modulationNadia Felli
Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18081-6. 2005..Furthermore, the results on kit+ erythroleukemic cells suggest a potential role of these miRs in cancer therapy...
- Tumor microvessel density as a predictor of recurrence after resection of hepatocellular carcinoma: a prospective studyRonnie Tung Ping Poon
Department of Surgery and Pathology, University of Hong Kong Medical Center, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
J Clin Oncol 20:1775-85. 2002..This study prospectively evaluated the correlation of tumor microvessel density (MVD) with clinicopathologic features and postoperative recurrence in patients undergoing resection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Selective survival of peripheral blood lymphocytes in children with HIV-1 following delivery of an anti-HIV gene to bone marrow CD34(+) cellsGreg M Podsakoff
Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Mol Ther 12:77-86. 2005..These findings indicate that there was a selective survival advantage for PBMC containing the huM10 gene during the time of increased HIV-1 load...
- Polyamine depletion reduces TNFalpha/MG132-induced apoptosis in bone marrow stromal cellsClaudio Muscari
Department of Biochemistry G Moruzzi, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 48, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Stem Cells 23:983-91. 2005..Thus, polyamine depletion can be considered a useful tool for counteracting programmed cell death in BMSCs without involving the p53 proapoptotic protein...
- Self-renewal and expansion of single transplanted muscle stem cellsAlessandra Sacco
Baxter Laboratory in Genetic Pharmacology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stem Cell Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5175, USA
Nature 456:502-6. 2008....
- Nitric oxide cytoskeletal-induced alterations reverse the endothelial progenitor cell migratory defect associated with diabetesMark S Segal
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Transplantation, University of Florida, P O Box 100224, Gainesville, FL 32610 0267, USA
Diabetes 55:102-9. 2006..This inability of diabetic EPCs to respond to SDF-1 may contribute to aberrant tissue vascularization and endothelial repair in diabetic patients...
- Prospective isolation of skeletal muscle stem cells with a Pax7 reporterDarko Bosnakovski
Lillehei Heart Institute and Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Stem Cells 26:3194-204. 2008..These results establish a novel animal model for the study of muscle stem cell physiology and a culture system for expansion of engraftable muscle progenitors...
- Derivation of normal macrophages from human embryonic stem (hES) cells for applications in HIV gene therapyJoseph S Anderson
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Retrovirology 3:24. 2006....
- Glucose tolerance is negatively associated with circulating progenitor cell levelsG P Fadini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Medical School, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35100, Padua, Italy
Diabetologia 50:2156-63. 2007..This study was designed to evaluate progenitor cell levels in volunteers with different degrees of glucose tolerance...
- Chronic myeloid leukemia stem cells possess multiple unique features of resistance to BCR-ABL targeted therapiesX Jiang
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leukemia 21:926-35. 2007..Taken together, these results provide the first evidence of multiple mechanisms of innate IM resistance in primitive and quiescent CML cells...
- Dependence of human stem cell engraftment and repopulation of NOD/SCID mice on CXCR4A Peled
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Science 283:845-8. 1999..Thus, up-regulation of CXCR4 expression may be useful for improving engraftment of repopulating stem cells in clinical transplantation...
- CD34+ fibrocytes in invasive ductal carcinoma, ductal carcinoma in situ, and benign breast lesionsPeter J Barth
Institute of Pathology, Philipps University, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Virchows Arch 440:298-303. 2002..These findings may be helpful tools in distinguishing benign breast lesions (e.g., sclerosing adenosis) from invasive breast cancer and in characterizing stromal remodeling associated with invasive cancer...
- Estimation of angiogenesis with anti-CD105 immunostaining in the process of colorectal cancer developmentKazunari Akagi
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Surgery 131:S109-13. 2002..We hypothesized that microvessel quantification by means of CD105 might be useful for measuring angiogenesis in the colorectal adenoma-carcinoma sequence...
- Blood-derived angioblasts accelerate blood-flow restoration in diabetic miceG C Schatteman
Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52245, USA
J Clin Invest 106:571-8. 2000..Our findings suggest that CD34(+) cells may be a useful tool for therapeutic angiogenesis in diabetics...
- Adult mouse hematopoietic stem cells: purification and single-cell assaysHideo Ema
Laboratory of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Nat Protoc 1:2979-87. 2006..Initialization of single-cell culture requires approximately 1 h. Single-cell transplantation requires approximately 6 h. Single-cell immunostaining requires approximately 2 d...
- The use of AMD3100 plus G-CSF for autologous hematopoietic progenitor cell mobilization is superior to G-CSF aloneNeal Flomenberg
Thomas Jefferson University, 125 S Ninth St, Ste 801 Sheridan Bldg, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Blood 106:1867-74. 2005..All study objectives were met without significant toxicity. The results demonstrate that the combination of A + G is generally safe, effective, and superior to G alone for autologous HPC mobilization...
- Decreased number of circulating progenitor cells in obesity: beneficial effects of weight reductionJochen Müller-Ehmsen
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
Eur Heart J 29:1560-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether the number of CPC is an independent correlate of body mass index (BMI) and whether weight loss leads to an increase in CPC...
- Multi-organ, multi-lineage engraftment by a single bone marrow-derived stem cellD S Krause
Department of Laboratory Medicine and, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cell 105:369-77. 2001..This finding may contribute to clinical treatment of genetic disease or tissue repair...
- Podocalyxin is a CD34-related marker of murine hematopoietic stem cells and embryonic erythroid cellsRegis Doyonnas
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, 2222 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, Canada V6T 1Z3
Blood 105:4170-8. 2005..In summary, we find that podocalyxin is a marker of embryonic HSCs and erythroid cells and of adult HSCs and that it may be a valuable marker for the purification of these cells for transplantation...
- Chemokine SDF-1 enhances circulating CD34(+) cell proliferation in synergy with cytokines: possible role in progenitor survivalJ J Lataillade
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, centre de transfusion sanguine des armées Jean Julliard, Clamart Cedex, France
Blood 95:756-68. 2000..Furthermore, both adhesion-induced CXCR-4 overexpression and SDF-1 stimulating activity may be of clinical relevance for improving cell therapy settings in stem cell transplantation...
- Cytokines increase human hemopoietic cell adhesiveness by activation of very late antigen (VLA)-4 and VLA-5 integrinsJ P Levesque
Department of Immunology, Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Adelaide, Australia
J Exp Med 181:1805-15. 1995....
- Endomucin, a CD34-like sialomucin, marks hematopoietic stem cells throughout developmentAzusa Matsubara
Laboratory of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Experimental Medicine, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Exp Med 202:1483-92. 2005..Our findings establish Endomucin as a novel cell-surface marker for LTR-HSCs throughout development and provide a powerful tool in understanding HSC ontogeny...
- High-level sustained transgene expression in human embryonic stem cells using lentiviral vectorsYue Ma
National Primate Research Center, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Stem Cells 21:111-7. 2003..These results also have important implications for the possible future use of gene-modified human ES cells in transplantation and tissue regeneration applications...
- Increased circulating fibrocytes in asthma with chronic airflow obstructionChun Hua Wang
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 199 Tun Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:583-91. 2008..We hypothesized that this effect may result from increased activity of circulating fibroblast-like progenitor cells (fibrocytes) that could home to the airway mucosal wall...
- SCID-repopulating cell activity of human cord blood-derived CD34- cells assured by intra-bone marrow injectionJianfeng Wang
Department of Hygiene, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyoku, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 101:2924-31. 2003....
- Improvement of postnatal neovascularization by human adipose tissue-derived stem cellsA Miranville
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 110:349-55. 2004..Several studies have suggested that stem cells are present in the stroma-vascular fraction (SVF) of adipose tissue (AT)...
- High-penetrance mouse model of acute promyelocytic leukemia with very low levels of PML-RARalpha expressionPeter Westervelt
Washington University, Division of Oncology, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8007, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Blood 102:1857-65. 2003..Although the explanation for this result is not yet clear, one hypothesis suggests that very low levels of PML-RARalpha expression in early myeloid cells may be optimal for the development of APL in mice...
- AMD3100 mobilizes hematopoietic stem cells with long-term repopulating capacity in nonhuman primatesAndre Larochelle
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10 CRC, Rm 4E 5132, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 107:3772-8. 2006..Thus, AMD3100-mobilized CD34(+) cells represent an alternative source of hematopoietic stem cells for clinical stem cell transplantation and genetic manipulation with integrating retroviral vectors...
- Abrogation of postentry restriction of HIV-1-based lentiviral vector transduction in simian cellsNeeltje A Kootstra
Laboratory of Genetics and Infectious Disease Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037 1099, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1298-303. 2003..Overall, the findings demonstrate that the host range of HIV-1-based LV can be altered by modifications in the packaging construct...
- Reduced number of circulating endothelial progenitor cells predicts future cardiovascular events: proof of concept for the clinical importance of endogenous vascular repairCaroline Schmidt-Lucke
Molecular Cardiology, Department of Medicine III, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 111:2981-7. 2005..Circulating EPCs may thus provide an endogenous repair mechanism to counteract ongoing risk factor-induced endothelial injury and to replace dysfunctional endothelium...
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1 regulates primitive hematopoiesis by suppressing apoptosis and by promoting G(0)/G(1) transition in CD34(+) cells: evidence for an autocrine/paracrine mechanismJean Jacques Lataillade
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire, centre de transfusion sanguine des armées Jean Julliard, Clamart Cedex, France
Blood 99:1117-29. 2002....
- Rapid mobilization of CD34+ cells following administration of the CXCR4 antagonist AMD3100 to patients with multiple myeloma and non-Hodgkin's lymphomaSteven M Devine
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1095-102. 2004..We performed a phase I study assessing the safety and clinical effects of AMD3100 in patients with multiple myeloma (MM) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Expression of the endothelial markers PECAM-1, vWf, and CD34 in vivo and in vitroAnnette M Müller
Institute of Pathology, University Clinic Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Burkle de la Camp Platz 1, Bochum, 44789 Germany
Exp Mol Pathol 72:221-9. 2002..Moreover, the need for endothelial markers specific for single microvascular type ECs becomes obvious in order to establish cultures consisting of only one microvascular ECs subpopulation...
- CD34-positive cells exhibit increased potency and safety for therapeutic neovascularization after myocardial infarction compared with total mononuclear cellsAtsuhiko Kawamoto
Division of Cardiovascular Research, St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02135, USA
Circulation 114:2163-9. 2006..We compared the therapeutic potential of purified mobilized human CD34+ cells with that of mobilized total mononuclear cells (tMNCs) for the preservation/recovery of myocardial tissue integrity and function after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- CD34 expression patterns during early mouse development are related to modes of blood vessel formation and reveal additional sites of hematopoiesisH B Wood
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Oxford, UK
Blood 90:2300-11. 1997..These observations suggest functions for CD34 in relation to specific modes of blood vessel formation, and a hemangioblastic role in both embryonic and extraembryonic sites...
- Side population in human lung cancer cell lines and tumors is enriched with stem-like cancer cellsMaria M Ho
Department of Cancer Genetics and Developmental Biology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer Res 67:4827-33. 2007..These findings indicate that SP is an enriched source of lung tumor-initiating cells with stem cell properties and may be an important target for effective therapy and a useful tool to investigate the tumorigenic process...
- Essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil developmentRyutaro Hirasawa
Department of Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Exp Med 195:1379-86. 2002..Taken together, our findings establish essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil development. GATA-1 and GATA-2 could be novel molecular targets for therapeutic approaches to allergic inflammation...
- Expression of Thy-1 on human hematopoietic progenitor cellsW Craig
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Departments of Medicine, Pathology, and Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Exp Med 177:1331-42. 1993..Taken together our results indicate that Thy-1-specific antibody 5E10 is an attractive tool for further studies on the biology and purification of human stem cells...
- High incidence of microscopic gastrointestinal stromal tumors in the stomachKaori Kawanowa
Department of Pathology, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Pathol 37:1527-35. 2006..Further studies are required to clarify the genetic events responsible for the transformation of microscopic GISTs to clinical GISTs...
- Interrelation between polyploidization and megakaryocyte differentiation: a gene profiling approachHana Raslova
INSERM Unité 790, Institut Gustave Roussy, 1 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Blood 109:3225-34. 2007..Together, these results suggest that MK polyploidization per se does not regulate gene expression but is intrinsically included in the differentiation process...
- Circulating CD34+ cells, metabolic syndrome, and cardiovascular riskGian Paolo Fadini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Metabolic Diseases, University of Padua, Medical School, Padua, Italy
Eur Heart J 27:2247-55. 2006..As general agreement on their characterization is lacking, this work was carried out to assess the relationships between different antigenic profiles of progenitor cells and CV risk, with special regard to metabolic syndrome (MetSyn)...
- Microenvironment determines lineage fate in a human model of MLL-AF9 leukemiaJunping Wei
Division of Experimental Hematology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Cancer Cell 13:483-95. 2008..Targeting the Rac signaling pathway by pharmacologic or genetic means resulted in rapid and specific apoptosis of MLL-AF9 cells, suggesting that the Rac signaling pathway may be a valid therapeutic target in MLL-rearranged AML...
- Phenotypical and functional characterization of freshly isolated adipose tissue-derived stem cellsMaikel J Oedayrajsingh Varma
Department of Plastic Surgery, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stem Cells Dev 16:91-104. 2007....
- Investigating the feasibility of stem cell enrichment mediated by immobilized selectinsNichola Charles
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Biotechnol Prog 23:1463-72. 2007..Optimal cell enrichment in immobilized selectin surfaces can be achieved within 10 min, much faster than most current commercially available systems...
- Erythropoietin regulates endothelial progenitor cellsFerdinand H Bahlmann
Department of Internal Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Blood 103:921-6. 2004..Erythropoietin increases the number of functionally active EPCs in humans. Administration of rhEPO or EPO analogs may open new therapeutic strategies in regenerative cardiovascular medicine...
- CXCR4 and CCR5 shRNA transgenic CD34+ cell derived macrophages are functionally normal and resist HIV-1 infectionJoseph Anderson
Dept Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Retrovirology 2:53. 2005..To extend these results to a stem cell gene therapy setting, here we show transduction of primary CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells to derive normal end stage cells that are resistant to HIV-1 infection...
- CD34 is a key regulator of hematopoietic stem cell trafficking to bone marrow and mast cell progenitor trafficking in the peripheryJulie S Nielsen
Trev and Joyce Deeley Research Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Microcirculation 16:487-96. 2009..Here, we review our recent studies, which suggest that CD34 does, indeed, play a role in leukocyte and HSC trafficking, but that this is through its action as a regulated blocker of cell adhesion and enhancer of migration...
- A new population of human adult dental pulp stem cells: a useful source of living autologous fibrous bone tissue (LAB)Gregorio Laino
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione Istologia ed Embriologia, Secondo Ateneo di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
J Bone Miner Res 20:1394-402. 2005..This tissue constitute an ideal source of osteoblasts and mineralized tissue for bone regeneration. In fact, after in vivo transplantation into immunocompromised rats, LAB formed lamellar bone-containing osteocytes...
- Therapeutic potential of vasculogenesis and osteogenesis promoted by peripheral blood CD34-positive cells for functional bone healingTomoyuki Matsumoto
Stem Cell Translational Research, Kobe Institute of Biomedical Research and Innovation RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, 2 2 Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047
Am J Pathol 169:1440-57. 2006..Our data suggest circulating human CD34+ cells have therapeutic potential to promote an environment conducive to neovascularization and osteogenesis in damaged skeletal tissue, allowing the complete healing of fractures...
- CD34 and CD43 inhibit mast cell adhesion and are required for optimal mast cell reconstitutionErin Drew
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
Immunity 22:43-57. 2005..Our data provide clear-cut evidence for a hematopoietic function for CD34 and suggest that it acts as a negative regulator of cell adhesion...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumoursM Miettinen
Department of Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Ann Chir Gynaecol 87:278-81. 1998....
- Transplantation of highly purified CD34+ progenitor cells from unrelated donors in pediatric leukemiaPeter Lang
Children s University Hospital, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Blood 101:1630-6. 2003..07). Transplantation of purified peripheral-blood CD34(+) cells from unrelated donors effectively minimizes GVHD and may be a good therapeutic option for patients with relapsed ALL...
- Characterization of murine CD34, a marker for hematopoietic progenitor and stem cellsD S Krause
Experimental Hematopoiesis Program, Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore, MD
Blood 84:691-701. 1994..These antibodies should be useful to select for murine hematopoietic stem cells...
- Expression of the miR-17-92 polycistron in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) CD34+ cellsLetizia Venturini
Department of Hematology, Hemostasis, and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Blood 109:4399-405. 2007..Altered miRNA expression may contribute to the pathophysiology of the disease and may provide potential targets for therapeutic intervention...
- Circulating CD34+ KDR+ endothelial progenitor cells correlate with erectile function and endothelial function in overweight menKatherine Esposito
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Division of Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Sex Med 6:107-14. 2009..Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) circulate in the peripheral blood and are involved in endothelial homeostasis and repair...
- CD44 and hyaluronic acid cooperate with SDF-1 in the trafficking of human CD34+ stem/progenitor cells to bone marrowAbraham Avigdor
Immunology Department, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Blood 103:2981-9. 2004..Taken together, our data suggest a key role for CD44 and HA in SDF-1-dependent transendothelial migration of HSCs/HPCs and their final anchorage within specific niches of the BM...
- Evaluation of angiogenesis in non-small cell lung cancer: comparison between anti-CD34 antibody and anti-CD105 antibodyF Tanaka
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin-kawahara-cho 54, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 7:3410-5. 2001..029), whereas CD34-IMVD was not (P = 0.070). CONCLUSIONS: Anti-CD105 mAb proved to be superior to anti-CD34 mAb in evaluation of angiogenesis in NSCLC...
- Correlation between CD105 expression and postoperative recurrence and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinomaLian Yue Yang
Liver Cancer Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, Hunan Province, PR China
BMC Cancer 6:110. 2006....
- Global gene expression profile of human cord blood-derived CD133+ cellsTaina Jaatinen
Finnish Red Cross Blood Service, Kivihaantie 7, 00310 Helsinki, Finland
Stem Cells 24:631-41. 2006..This study provides a gene expression profile for human CD133+ cells. It presents a set of genes that may be used to unravel the properties of the CD133+ cell population, assumed to be highly enriched in HSCs...
- Rapid mobilization of murine and human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells with AMD3100, a CXCR4 antagonistHal E Broxmeyer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Exp Med 201:1307-18. 2005..These results support the hypothesis that the CXCL12-CXCR4 axis is involved in marrow retention of HSCs and HPCs, and demonstrate the clinical potential of AMD3100 for HSC mobilization...
- Tumor-infiltrating endothelial cells and endothelial precursor cells in inflammatory breast cancerKazuo Shirakawa
Pharmacology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 99:344-51. 2002..These ECs/EPCs incorporated acetylated lipoprotein and were integrated within a HUVEC monolayer in vitro culture on day 5...
- Constitutive activation of Flt3 and STAT5A enhances self-renewal and alters differentiation of hematopoietic stem cellsMalcolm A S Moore
Moore Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Exp Hematol 35:105-16. 2007..To model human leukemogenesis by transduction of human hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) with genes associated with leukemia and expressed in leukemic stem cells...
- Molecular characterization of early human T/NK and B-lymphoid progenitor cells in umbilical cord bloodRima Haddad
EMI 0013 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Paris 7, Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Immunopathologie de l EcolePratique des Hauntes Etudes, Hopital Saint Louis, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Blood 104:3918-26. 2004..These findings indicate that CD34(+)CD45RA(hi)CD7(+) and CD34(+)CD45RA(hi)Lin(-)CD10(+) HPCs correspond to multipotent early lymphoid progenitors polarized toward either the T/NK or B lineage, respectively...
- Thrombomucin, a novel cell surface protein that defines thrombocytes and multipotent hematopoietic progenitorsK M McNagny
Cell Regulation Program, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, D 69117 Germany
J Cell Biol 138:1395-407. 1997..They also suggest that thrombomucin and CD34 form a family of stem cell-specific proteins with possibly overlapping functions in early hematopoietic progenitors...
- High-dose immunosuppressive therapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for severe multiple sclerosisRichard A Nash
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, D1 100, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 102:2364-72. 2003..This was a heterogeneous high-risk group, and a phase 3 study is planned to fully assess efficacy...
- Two subsets of naive T helper cells with distinct T cell receptor excision circle content in human adult peripheral bloodSonja Kimmig
Department of Clinical Immunology, Deutsches Rheuma ForschungsZentrum Berlin, Schumannstrasse 21 22, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Exp Med 195:789-94. 2002..We describe here the identification of peripherally expanded naive Th cells in human adult blood characterized by the loss of CD31 expression and a highly reduced TREC content...
- Transcriptional profiling of human hematopoiesis during in vitro lineage-specific differentiationMartina Komor
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
Stem Cells 23:1154-69. 2005..The expression of selected genes was confirmed by real-time polymerase chain reaction. Our data encompass the first extensive transcriptional profile of human hematopoiesis during in vitro lineage-specific differentiation...
- Reciprocal activation of GATA-1 and PU.1 marks initial specification of hematopoietic stem cells into myeloerythroid and myelolymphoid lineagesYojiro Arinobu
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:416-27. 2007..1 primarily organizes the hematopoietic lineage fate decision to form the earliest hematopoietic branchpoint that comprises isolatable myeloerythroid and myelolymphoid progenitor populations...
- Distinct hematopoietic progenitor compartments are delineated by the expression of aldehyde dehydrogenase and CD34Robert W Storms
Department of Medicine, Division of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3361, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood 106:95-102. 2005..The differential expression of ALDH may provide a means to explore normal and malignant processes associated with myeloid and lymphoid development...
- Constitutive activation of STAT5A promotes human hematopoietic stem cell self-renewal and erythroid differentiationJan Jacob Schuringa
Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 200:623-35. 2004..Our data indicate that a persistent activation of STAT5A in human hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells results in their enhanced self-renewal and diverts differentiation to the erythroid lineage...
- Functional isolation and characterization of human hematopoietic stem cellsA C Berardi
Division of Hematology Oncology, Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215
Science 267:104-8. 1995..Thus, this technically simple strategy led to the efficient purification of cells with characteristics of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding CD34, a sialomucin of human hematopoietic stem cellsD L Simmons
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114
J Immunol 148:267-71. 1992..CD34 has no significant sequence homology to any known protein but has some structural similarities to the heavily glycosylated leukocyte surface molecule CD43...
- Inhibition of HIV-1 by lentiviral vector-transduced siRNAs in T lymphocytes differentiated in SCID-hu mice and CD34+ progenitor cell-derived macrophagesAkhil Banerjea
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, 1619 Campus Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Mol Ther 8:62-71. 2003..These experiments demonstrate the utility of siRNAs delivered into hematopoietic stem cells via lentiviral vectors for future in vivo applications...
- Nonexpanded primary lung and bone marrow-derived mesenchymal cells promote the engraftment of umbilical cord blood-derived CD34(+) cells in NOD/SCID micePieternella S In 't Anker
Departments of Obstetrics and Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Exp Hematol 31:881-9. 2003..The high frequency of MSC in fetal lung allowed us to study whether this represented a biological feature of these cells or a property that was acquired during expansion in culture...
- The human embryo, but not its yolk sac, generates lympho-myeloid stem cells: mapping multipotent hematopoietic cell fate in intraembryonic mesodermM Tavian
INSERM U506, Hopital Paul Brousse, 94807 Villejuif Cedex, France
Immunity 15:487-95. 2001..By contrast, hematopoietic cells arising in the third week yolk sac, as well as their progeny at later stages, were restricted to myelopoiesis and therefore are unlikely to contribute to definitive hematopoiesis in man...
- Dengue 2 virus inhibits in vitro megakaryocytic colony formation and induces apoptosis in thrombopoietin-inducible megakaryocytic differentiation from cord blood CD34+ cellsAtanu Basu
National Institute of Virology ICMR, Pune, India
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 53:46-51. 2008..These events might contribute towards the origin of thrombocytopenia in dengue disease...
- Anuria, omphalocele, and perinatal lethality in mice lacking the CD34-related protein podocalyxinR Doyonnas
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Exp Med 194:13-27. 2001..Our results provide the first example of an essential role for a sialomucin in development and suggest that defects in podocalyxin could play a role in podocyte dysfunction in renal failure and omphalocele in humans...
- Human adaptive immune system Rag2-/-gamma(c)-/- miceLaurie Chicha
Department of Medicine II, Eberhard Karls University Medical School, Otfried Mueller Str 10, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1044:236-43. 2005....
- Pre-clinical development of cord blood-derived progenitor cell graft expanded ex vivo with cytokines and the polyamine copper chelator tetraethylenepentamineT Peled
Gamida Cell Ltd, Jerusalem, Israel
Cytotherapy 6:344-55. 2004..This study extends our previous findings that copper chelation can modulate the balance between self-renewal and differentiation of hematopoietic progenitor cells...
- Making eosinophils through subtle shifts in transcription factor expressionKelly McNagny
The Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Exp Med 195:F43-7. 2002
- Maintaining the self-renewal and differentiation potential of human CD34+ hematopoietic cells using a single genetic elementJames C Mulloy
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Ave, Mail Location 7013, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Blood 102:4369-76. 2003....
- Transdifferentiation of human peripheral blood CD34+-enriched cell population into cardiomyocytes, endothelial cells, and smooth muscle cells in vivoEdward T H Yeh
Department of Cardiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Tex, USA
Circulation 108:2070-3. 2003..We investigated whether these cells could also transdifferentiate into human cardiomyocytes, mature endothelial cells, and smooth muscle cells in vivo...
- The pattern of gene expression in human CD34(+) stem/progenitor cellsG Zhou
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Medical Center, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC2115, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13966-71. 2001....
- Expression of functional CXCR4 by muscle satellite cells and secretion of SDF-1 by muscle-derived fibroblasts is associated with the presence of both muscle progenitors in bone marrow and hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells in musclesMariusz Z Ratajczak
Stem Cell Biology Program at James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Stem Cells 21:363-71. 2003....
- CD34+ selected autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for multiple sclerosis: report of toxicity and treatment results at one year of follow-up in 15 patientsEnric Carreras
BMT Unit, Hospital Clinic, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Haematologica 88:306-14. 2003..We report the results of a phase II trial to evaluate feasibility and toxicity of CD34+ selected ASCT (CD34+/ASCT) and treatment results at one year of follow-up...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor expression in untreated osteosarcoma is predictive of pulmonary metastasis and poor prognosisM Kaya
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Hokkaido, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 6:572-7. 2000....
- Breast cancer resistance protein in drug resistance of primitive CD34+38- cells in acute myeloid leukemiaMarc H G P Raaijmakers
Department of Hematology and Central Hematology Laboratory, University Medical Center Nijmegen, St Radboud, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 11:2436-44. 2005....
- Virally mediated MafB transduction induces the monocyte commitment of human CD34+ hematopoietic stem/progenitor cellsC Gemelli
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Cell Death Differ 13:1686-96. 2006..Altogether our data allow to conclude that MafB is a key regulator of human monocytopoiesis...
- System for Rapid Generation of Aptamers for Transplant TherapiesKAREN QIAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Targeting Leukemic Stem CellsDaniel G Tenen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Accomplishment of these goals will set the stage for clinical trials, as well as lead to development of therapies directed against other oncogenes as well as altering stem cell gene expression. ..
- UMBILICAL CORD STEM CELL CRYOPRESERVATIONJohn Critser; Fiscal Year: 2000..We expect that optimal cryopreservation procedures for umbilical cord derived stem cells will be different from those current used for bone marrow derived stem cells. ..
- Characterization of Hematopoietic Stem CellsAbba Zubair; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of my studies is to improve the long-term clinical results of autologous HSCT in patients with hematological malignancies. ..
- FUNCTION OF CD34 STEM/PROGENITOR CELLSSaul Sharkis; Fiscal Year: 2002..We expect that the results of our studies will be directly applicable to treatment of hematological disorders, genetic diseases, and malignancy. ..
- REGULATION OF THE HUMAN CD34 STEM CELL GENEDaniel Tenen; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 To use CD34 regulatory elements expressing Cre recombinase and the tetracycline transactivator to enable tissue specific, regulatable expression of heterologous genes in the stem cell compartment. ..
- Dendritic Cells and Breast Cancer ImmunityA Palucka; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, this proposal will permit us to demonstrate that efficient breast cancer immunity can be generated and used to reject the tumor thus permitting development of novel treatment modalities in breast cancer. ..
- Mice with Human Dendritic Cells to Test Vaccine PotencyA Palucka; Fiscal Year: 2004..The experiments proposed here would lay ground for further use of SCID-hu/DCs mice to study other vaccines and demonstrate development of protective immunity upon in vivo rechallenge. ..
- Assessing Circulating Progenitor Cells in Heart DiseaseThomas Povsic; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will look at two methods of measuring these stem cells in the blood of heart patients. These methods may someday be used to predict who will or will not develop heart disease or other complications. ..
- CHEMOKINES/CYTOKINES AND RECEPTORS IN STEM CELL HOMINGHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should clarity the relevance of SDF-1 and CXCR4 for homing/engraftment and mobilization of primary stem/progenitor cells. ..
- FACTORS INFLUENCING STEM CELL AND PLATELET PRODUCTIONMalcolm Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., adult populations acquiring features of neonatal cells, or whether there is a tendency for "immortalized" cells to undergo neoplastic transformation. ..
- Development of SL-101, An Immunotoxin that Targets Cancer Stem CellsMalcolm Moore; Fiscal Year: 2006..This Phase I STTR grant will cover the development of SL-101 through key phases of pre-clinical development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SUBPOPULATIONS OF HUMAN DENDRITIC CELLSJacques Banchereau; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase 3 stem cell transplant for light chain amyloidosisMorie A Gertz; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, the analysis of clonal precursor B cells in the periphery and kinetics of amyloid formation of the monoclonal light chain will allow us to define and determine the mechanisms of disease progression and response to therapy. ..
- Facilitating Cells for Fetal Hematopoietic TransplantLaurence Shields; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future directions will be towards the use of this model to explore the role and function of developmentally regulated adhesion molecules and their receptors as they relate to fetal hematopoietic transplantation. ..
- Altered CD8+ T cell Compartment in SLE PatientsJACQUES F BANCHEREAU; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will help us conclude whether killer CD8+T cells and/or suppressor CD8+ T cells i) can be used as markers and/or predictors of disease activity, ii) represent a valuable new option in lupus therapy. ..
- Developmental Checkpoints of Murine Mast CellsKoichi Akashi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results obtained from this project will be critical to study mast cell biology, which eventually will help develop new therapeutic strategies for a variety of allergic and autoimmune disorders. ..
- In Utero Stem Cell Transplantation for Hemophilia AGraca Almeida Porada; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Protection from GVHD with Gene-Modified Donor T CellsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Lineage decision in blood stem and progenitor cellsKoichi Akashi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, we hope these studies will help understand mechanistic effects of these transcription factors on lineage decision in normal and malignant hematopoietic development. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- Dendritic Cell Vaccine in Metastatic Prostate CancerJacques Banchereau; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will permit us to establish the safety and tolerability of DCs loaded with killed allogeneic tumor cells as a source of TAA. It will also permit us to gain insights into the level of prostate cancer immunity induced by DCs. ..
- Dendritic Cells, Heat Shock Proteins and Tumor ImmunityJacques Banchereau; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will permit us to produce an altered melanoma cell line, with enhanced immunogenicity, that will be used to generate tumor cell bodies to load onto DCs for vaccination protocols. ..
- PATHOBIOCHEMISTRY OF ACUTE PROMYELOCYTIC LEUKEMIAEdward Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide novel insights into the mechanism and function of sentrinization and increase our understanding of the pathogenesis of acute promyelocytic leukemia. ..
- Evaluation of Stem Cell Plasticity In VivoGraca Almeida Porada; Fiscal Year: 2004..With these studies we hope to provide novel insights into the location of latent stem cell poois within the body and define the behavior and capabilities of these cells that are potentially of great clinical value. ..
- Acquisition of FACSVantage SE Flow CytometerYair Gazitt; Fiscal Year: 2004..The new equipment will also widen the user's base, save sort time, reduce costs for users and will render sorting affordable to new users, especially in cases where low frequency (<1%) cell populations are sorted. ..
- Differentiation of Glioma from Radiation Injury Using Cellular MRISyed Ali; Fiscal Year: 2008..This magnetic labeling technique will also help investigators to track the injected CTL in the body as well as in the targeted areas by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epithelial engraftment of bone marrow derived stem cellsDiane Krause; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data obtained will lead us to design novel therapeutic strategies tissue injury and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LEUKEMIA THERAPY WITH MIHA SPECIFIC T CELLSWei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. To develop methods develops for in vitro induction of MiHA-specific T cells for leukemia therapy. ..
- NATIONAL GENE VECTOR LABORATORY AT INDIANA UNIVERSITYKenneth Cornetta; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- EVOLUTION OF B PRECURSOR LEUKEMIA IN THE EU-RET MOUSEStephan Grupp; Fiscal Year: 2003..He will immunoprecipitate Rfp-Ret from the pro B cell populations of fetal and healthy adult E(-ret mice as well as from leukemias and compare the levels of tyrosine phophorylation of Rfp-Ret and Rfp-Ret-bound proteins. ..
- AUTOMATED CLOSED SYSTEM FOR DMSO REMOVAL FROM PERIPHERAL BLOOD STEM CELLSERIK WOODS; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of this research is to produce a device to easily remove DMSO from PBSC before they are transplanted, increasing effectiveness of the cells and reducing potential complications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ADHESION ANALYSIS OF CYCLING STEM CELLS THROUGH ONTOGENYEDWARD SROUR; Fiscal Year: 2002..Examination of these goals will contribute to our understanding of normal hematopoiesis and the mechanisms that govern homing of HSC and engraftment potential of candidate populations of stem cells. ..
- CONTROL SELECTION METHODS FOR CHILDHOOD CANCER STUDIESGreta Bunin; Fiscal Year: 2009..A feasible and valid control group is needed to ensure that studies of childhood cancer are scientifically valid and therefore, will provide results that can eventually lead to prevention of these cancers. ..
- Cell Therapy of Refractory LeukemiaDario Campana; Fiscal Year: 2010..The research proposed should not only spur clinical studies of immune cells in patients with refractory ALL but also facilitate the development of effective cell therapies for other neoplasms. ..
- The Role of CBFb-MYH11 in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaJames C Mulloy; Fiscal Year: 2010..To identify specific signals that will cooperate in the transformation to acute leukemia, defined eenetic elements and saturatine retroviral mutaeenesis will be used. ..
- Extrinsic Modulation of Hematopoietic Stem Cell FateEdward F Srour; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies are critical for assessing the impact of the interaction of stem cells with their hematopoietic microenvironment on stem cell function throughout ontogeny. ..
- Dental Pulp Derived Stem Cells: Optimizing Collection and CryopreservationERIK WOODS; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposed project would optimize methods for processing and freezing these cells for ease of distribution for research, testing, and eventually clinical use. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Barriers to Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell EngraftmentJUDITH ANNE SHIZURU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Based upon our understanding of the immune and non- immune barriers to engraftment we have a long-term goal of making allogeneic HCT safer and more effective for the treatment of malignant and non-malignant disease. ..
- The Role of MLL-AF9 in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaJames C Mulloy; Fiscal Year: 2010..RELEVANCE (See instructions): We have recently shown that human blood stem cells can be induced to make leukemia upon introduction ..
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Targeting FLT3 as a Novel Specific Therapy for LeukemiaMark Levis; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Transgenic Mouse Model for Barrett's EsophagusGeorge Cotsarelis; Fiscal Year: 2003..This would be the first transgenic inducible injury model that mimics Barrett's esophagus. It should be a valuable resource for those interested in studying the pathogenesis, chemoprevention and treatment of Barrett's esophagus. ..
- Hematopoietic cell Transplants for Autoimmune DiseasesJudith Shizuru; Fiscal Year: 2005..A further goal of this application is to understand the mechanism(s) by which the proposed autologous and allogeneic HCT regimens alter immune responses to autoantigens. ..
- PATERNAL EXPOSURE AND SPORADIC BILATERAL RETINOBLASTOMAGreta Bunin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Sporadic heritable RBL is a childhood cancer worth studying in its own right and an ideal model for the investigation of new germline mutation. ..
- Role of AML1/ETO in Hematopoiesis and LeukemogenesisJAMES MULLOY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The establishment of a small animal model of AML will greatly enhance our ability to develop and test treatment strategies and drugs that may be useful in the therapy of AML. ..
- MECHANISM OF HIV DNA INTEGRATIONFrederic Bushman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Long term, these studies, together with data on protein structures, will provide a high-resolution picture of the organization and function of preintegration complexes. ..
- Common Muscle, Hematopoietic and Neural Stem CellsEDWARD SROUR; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Nicotine Regulation of T Cell DevelopmentRONALD LUKAS; Fiscal Year: 2006..One of the biomedically-relevant hypotheses of this project is that tobacco use and nicotine exposure affect immune system development. ..
- IN UTERO GENE THERAPYChristopher Porada; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies in this unique fetal model may lay the groundwork for devising clinically relevant in itero GT approaches for treating a variety of genetic diseases in human fetuses early in gestation, prior to disease onset. ..
- VIRUS PHOTOINACTIVATION--DIMETHYLMETHYLENE BLUE IN RBCStephen Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- T(15;19) in Aggressive Pediatric CarcinomaChristopher French; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will also reveal the range of primary sites from which t(15;19)+ carcinomas arise. ..
- Beta CELL PROGENITORS AND BONE MARROW MICROENVIRONMENTDario Campana; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies will further characterize the antileukemic activity of BAY 36-1677 and identify synergistically interacting compounds. ..
- Clinical Trial Planning Grant: Lentiviral Vector for HIV-1Donald Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prognostic Modeling of High-Risk Primary Breast CancerYago Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF HUMAN MELANOMA METASTASISRakesh Singh; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that the knowledge gained from these studies will identify new therapeutic targets for inhibiting the ligand binding and/or signal transduction events and the development of therapeutics for malignant melanoma. ..
- In Vivo BM Stem Cell Gene Transfer for MPS type IDao Pan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Taken together, these data would not only open a door to a novel approach for treatment of human diseases, but also provide a new tool to study adult stem cell plasticity and the nature of hematopoiesis. ..
- A NOVEL FROZEN STORAGE SYSTEM FOR CORD BLOOD STEM CELLSERIK WOODS; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Maximizing CD8 T Cells for ProtectionDavid Masopust; Fiscal Year: 2009..These findings will have direct relevance to vaccination and to establishing correlates of CD8 T cell dependent protective immunity. ..