Genomes and Genes
Summary: A protease of broad specificity, obtained from dried pancreas. Molecular weight is approximately 25,000. The enzyme breaks down elastin, the specific protein of elastic fibers, and digests other proteins such as fibrin, hemoglobin, and albumin. EC 188.8.131.52.
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- Viscolin, a new chalcone from Viscum coloratum, inhibits human neutrophil superoxide anion and elastase release via a cAMP-dependent pathwayTsong Long Hwang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kweishan 333, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 41:1433-41. 2006..In summary, viscolin is a novel inhibitor of PDE and might be useful for treatment of neutrophilic inflammation...
- The hederagenin saponin SMG-1 is a natural FMLP receptor inhibitor that suppresses human neutrophil activationTsong Long Hwang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1190-200. 2010..Taken together, our results demonstrate that SMG-1 is a natural inhibitor of the FMLP receptor, which may have the potential to be developed into a useful new therapeutic agent for treating neutrophilic inflammatory diseases...
- Targeted gene disruption of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (gelatinase B) suppresses development of experimental abdominal aortic aneurysmsR Pyo
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Wohl Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 105:1641-9. 2000....
- Heparins increase endothelial nitric oxide bioavailability by liberating vessel-immobilized myeloperoxidaseStephan Baldus
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Circulation 113:1871-8. 2006..In the present study, we investigated whether heparin mobilizes MPO from vascular compartments in humans and defined whether this translates into increased vascular NO bioavailability and function...
- New Briarane diterpenoids from the gorgonian coral Junceella junceaJiun Yang Chang
School of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Jen Ai Rd Sec 1, Taipei 101 200, Taiwan
Mar Drugs 10:1321-30. 2012..The anti-inflammatory activities tested on superoxide anion generation and elastase release by human neutrophils in response to FMLP/CB were evaluated...
- Retinoic acid inhibits elastase-induced injury in human lung epithelial cell linesMizue Nakajoh
Department of Geriatric and Respiratory Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 28:296-304. 2003..Retinoic acid may, therefore, have protective effects against the elastase-induced lung injury and subsequent development of pulmonary emphysema...
- IL-1R1/MyD88 signaling is critical for elastase-induced lung inflammation and emphysemaIsabelle Couillin
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology and Embryology, University of Orleans and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Orleans, France
J Immunol 183:8195-202. 2009..In conclusion, elastase-mediated lung pathology depends on inflammasome activation with IL-1beta production. IL-1beta therefore represents a critical mediator and a possible therapeutic target of lung inflammation leading to emphysema...
- Overexpression of the MexEF-OprN multidrug efflux system affects cell-to-cell signaling in Pseudomonas aeruginosaT Kohler
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Centre Medical Universitaire, CH 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 183:5213-22. 2001..Transcription of an rhlAB-lacZ fusion could be partially restored by the addition of synthetic C4-HSL and Pseudomonas quinolone signal (PQS). It is proposed that the MexEF-OprN efflux pump affects intracellular PQS levels...
- Elastase-induced saccular aneurysms in rabbits: a dose-escalation studyDavid F Kallmes
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health Services, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:295-8. 2002..Reproducible animal models facilitate preclinical assessment of aneurysm therapies. Our purpose was to determine if increased elastase doses enlarge aneurysms and parent arteries...
- A novel coating biomaterial for intracranial aneurysms: effects and safety in extra- and intracranial carotid arteryHiroshi Yasuda
Department of Neurosurgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Neuropathology 25:66-76. 2005..The present results suggest that polyglycolic acid felt and fibrin glue is a possible candidate for a safe, effective biomaterial to wrap or coat cerebral aneurysm...
- Frajunolides E-K, briarane diterpenes from Junceella fragilisChia Ching Liaw
Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Nat Prod 71:1551-6. 2008..The structures of 1-7 were determined by analysis of HRESIMS and 2D NMR spectroscopic data. Cytotoxicity and in vitro anti-inflammatory activities of compounds 1-7 were also evaluated...
- Long term stabilization of expanding aortic aneurysms by a short course of cyclosporine A through transforming growth factor-beta inductionJianping Dai
CNRS EAC7054, Centre de Recherches Chirurgicales Dominique Chopin, Faculty of Medicine, Paris Est University, Creteil, France
PLoS ONE 6:e28903. 2011..Our study demonstrates that pharmacological induction of TGF-beta1 by a short course of CsA administration represents a new approach to induce aneurysm stabilization by shifting the degradation/repair balance towards healing...
- Simukunin from the salivary glands of the black fly Simulium vittatum inhibits enzymes that regulate clotting and inflammatory responsesHitoshi Tsujimoto
Department of Entomology, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29964. 2012..Blood feeding depends on pharmacological properties of saliva, including anticoagulation, but the molecules responsible for this activity have not been well characterized...
- Retinoic acid does not affect alveolar septation in adult FVB mice with elastase-induced emphysemaEdgar C Lucey
Boston VA Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Respiration 70:200-5. 2003Administration of ALL-TRANS retinoic acid (ATRA) to adult Sprague-Dawley rats with emphysema induced by porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) reversed the emphysema perhaps by inducing new alveolar formation.
- Effect of trypsin inhibitor from Crotalaria pallida seeds on Callosobruchus maculatus (cowpea weevil) and Ceratitis capitata (fruit fly)Carlos E M Gomes
Laboratório de Química e Função de Proteínas Bioativas, Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Plant Physiol Biochem 43:1095-102. 2005..The larvae were more affected at lower concentrations, causing 27% mortality and 44.4% mass decrease. The action was constant at 2-4% (w/w) with 15% mortality and 38% mass decrease...
- Active and exo-site inhibition of human factor Xa: structure of des-Gla factor Xa inhibited by NAP5, a potent nematode anticoagulant protein from Ancylostoma caninumJorge L Rios-Steiner
Department of Chemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1322, USA
J Mol Biol 371:774-86. 2007..This indicates that NAP5 can bind to fXa at the active site, or the exosite, and to fX at the exosite. However, unlike NAPc2, NAP5 does not inhibit fVIIa of the fVIIa/TF complex...
- MRI and MRCP findings of the pancreas in patients with diabetes mellitus: compared analysis with pancreatic exocrine function determined by fecal elastase 1Mehmet Bilgin
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:165-70. 2009....
- Activation of Shiga toxin type 2d (Stx2d) by elastase involves cleavage of the C-terminal two amino acids of the A2 peptide in the context of the appropriate B pentamerAngela R Melton-Celsa
Department of Microbiology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Mol Microbiol 43:207-15. 2002..This finding, together with the toxin hybrid results, suggests that activation involves B pentamer-dependent cleavage by elastase of the C-terminal two amino acids from the Stx2d A2 peptide...
- Junceellolides J-L, 11,20-epoxybriaranes from the gorgonian coral Junceella fragilisJyh Horng Sheu
Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Nat Prod 69:269-73. 2006..The briaranes 2 and 4 showed mild inhibitory effects on human neutrophil elastase release...
- Amelioration of pulmonary emphysema by in vivo gene transfection with hepatocyte growth factor in ratsNorihisa Shigemura
Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 111:1407-14. 2005..The goal of the present study was to characterize its role in pulmonary emphysema, which may lead to the development of new treatment strategies with HGF...
- Frajunolides L-O, four new 8-Hydroxybriarane diterpenoids from the Gorgonian Junceella fragilisChia Ching Liaw
School of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Mar Drugs 9:1477-86. 2011..Compounds 1 and 4 showed weak anti-inflammatory activity as tested by superoxide anion generation and elastase release by human neutrophil in response to fMLP/CB. Compound 3 showed selective inhibition on elastase release in vitro...
- Keratinocyte growth factor protects against elastase-induced pulmonary emphysema in miceLaurent Plantier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U700, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 293:L1230-9. 2007..We conclude that KGF pretreatment protected against elastase-induced pulmonary inflammation, activation of MMPs, alveolar cell DNA damage, and subsequent emphysema in mice...
- A novel rat model of abdominal aortic aneurysm using a combination of intraluminal elastase infusion and extraluminal calcium chloride exposureAkiko Tanaka
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Vasc Surg 50:1423-32. 2009..An ideal animal model of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) is of great importance for clarifying unknown complex mechanisms of the pathogenesis. We introduce a new, simple technique to create reliable AAAs that simulate human aneurysms...
- Curcumin attenuates elastase- and cigarette smoke-induced pulmonary emphysema in miceMasaru Suzuki
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L614-23. 2009..Nine-week-old male C57BL/6J mice were treated with intratracheal porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) or exposed to mainstream cigarette smoke (CS) (60 min/day for 10 consecutive days or 5 days/wk for 12 ..
- Protease-mediated enhancement of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus infectionShutoku Matsuyama
Division of Respiratory Viral Diseases and SARS, Department of Virology III, Special Pathogens Laboratory, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Murayama Branch, Gakuen 4 7 1, Musashi Murayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:12543-7. 2005..Likewise, elastase, a major protease produced in the lungs during inflammation, also enhanced SARS-CoV infection in cultured cells...
- Cell surface-bound elastase and cathepsin G on human neutrophils: a novel, non-oxidative mechanism by which neutrophils focus and preserve catalytic activity of serine proteinasesC A Owen
Department of Medicine, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
J Cell Biol 131:775-89. 1995..Dysregulation of the cell surface expression of these enzymes has the potential to cause tissue destruction during inflammation...
- Three-dimensional structure of the elastase of Pseudomonas aeruginosa at 1.5-A resolutionM M Thayer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder 80309
J Biol Chem 266:2864-71. 1991..Nearly all of the active site residues that might potentially interact with substrates are identical in the two proteins. However, the active site cleft is significantly more "open" in PAE than in thermolysin...
- Proteolysis of the exodomain of recombinant protease-activated receptors: prediction of receptor activation or inactivation by MALDI mass spectrometryD Loew
Laboratoire de Spectrometrie de Masse Bio Organique, Universite Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France
Biochemistry 39:10812-22. 2000..This strategy provides results which can be extended to the native receptor to predict its activation or inactivation, and it could likewise be used to study other PARs or protease-dependent processes...
- Cleavage of influenza A virus H1 hemagglutinin by swine respiratory bacterial proteasesR J Callan
Department of Pathobiological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Veterinary Medicine, 53706, USA
J Virol 71:7579-85. 1997..However, none of these proteolytic isolates demonstrated direct cleavage activation of influenza virus HA...
- Crystal structure of an elastase-specific inhibitor elafin complexed with porcine pancreatic elastase determined at 1.9 A resolutionM Tsunemi
Peptide Institute Inc, Protein Research Foundation, Osaka, Japan
Biochemistry 35:11570-6. 1996The crystal structure of a stoichiometric complex between an elastase-specific inhibitor elafin and porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) has been determined and refined to a crystallographic R-factor of 19.7% at 1.9 A resolution...
- Smooth muscle phenotypic modulation is an early event in aortic aneurysmsGorav Ailawadi
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 138:1392-9. 2009..However, little is known of the role of smooth muscle cells in aortic aneurysms. We hypothesized that smooth muscle cells undergo phenotypic modulation early in the development of aortic aneurysms...
- Heparan sulfate depletion within pulmonary fibroblasts: implications for elastogenesis and repairJo Ann Buczek-Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:294-303. 2002..Native and proteoglycan-depleted fibroblasts were treated with porcine pancreatic elastase at 2-4-day intervals and the elastase-mediated release of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF-2) and ..
- Suppression of experimental abdominal aortic aneurysm in a rat model by the phosphodiesterase 3 inhibitor cilostazolQi Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
J Surg Res 167:e385-93. 2011....
- Rabbit aneurysm model mediated by the application of elastaseKuri Sasaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Neurological Institute, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 44:467-73, discussion 473-4. 2004..Application of elastase stock solution (5 U/mg of type I porcine pancreatic elastase) resulted in rupture within 30 minutes in all six animals...
- Effects of atherosclerotic plaque on the enlargement of an experimental model of abdominal aortic aneurysm in rabbitsH Kobayashi
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 28:71-8. 2004..We attempted to create an abdominal aortic aneurysm with atherosclerotic plaque in rabbits to investigate the relationship between atherosclerosis and enlargement of AAA...
- Morphologic changes in the aorta during elastase infusion in the rat aneurysm modelT Yamaguchi
First Department of Surgery, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama, Japan
J Surg Res 95:161-6. 2001..The morphologic changes in the aorta during elastase infusion, which have not previously been investigated, were examined in the rat abdominal aortic aneurysm model...
- Pancreatic lipomatosis is a structural marker in nondiabetic children with mutations in carboxyl-ester lipaseHelge Raeder
Section for Pediatrics, Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, N 5020 Bergen, Norway
Diabetes 56:444-9. 2007..Our findings suggest that lipomatosis of the pancreas reflects early events involved in the pathogenesis of diabetes and exocrine pancreatic dysfunction syndrome...
- Elastase-induced saccular aneurysms in rabbits: comparison of geometric features with those of human aneurysmsJ G Short
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health Services, Charlottesville 22908, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:1833-7. 2001..Neck sizes varied with both large and small-necked aneurysms created...
- Effects of carbon black nanoparticles on elastase-induced emphysematous lung injury in miceKen ichiro Inoue
Department of Public Health and Molecular Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Kitasato University, Tokyo, Japan
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 108:234-40. 2011..of pulmonary exposure to carbon black nanoparticles (CBNP) on emphysematous lung injury induced by porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) in mice. Vehicle, two sizes (14 and 56 nm) of CBNP (50 μg/body: 4 mg/kg), PPE (0...
- Pancreatic elastase IIIA and its variants are expressed in pancreatic carcinoma cellsShinya Shimada
Department of Surgery II, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo, Kumamoto, Japan
Int J Mol Med 10:599-603. 2002..The present study is the first report to demonstrate the expression of PE IIIA and its splicing variants in pancreatic carcinoma cells might represent another infiltrative feature of the pancreatic ductal cell carcinoma...
- Early MT-1 MMP expression following elastase exposure is associated with increased cleaved MMP-2 activity in experimental rodent aortic aneurysmsIndranil Sinha
Jobst Vascular Research Laboratories, Section of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0329, USA
Surgery 136:176-82. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine the significance of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) activation of MMP-2 in experimental abdominal aortic aneurysms...
- Organic-solvent stability of elastase strain K overexpressed in an Escherichia-Pseudomonas expression systemChee Fah Wong
Enzyme and Microbial Technology Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 57:1-7. 2010....
- Active site distortion is sufficient for proteinase inhibition by serpins: structure of the covalent complex of alpha1-proteinase inhibitor with porcine pancreatic elastaseAlexey Dementiev
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3452-7. 2006..structure of a covalent serpin-proteinase complex, alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (alpha1PI) with porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE), which differs from the only other x-ray structure of such a complex, that of alpha1PI with trypsin, ..
- Identification of novel proteases and immunomodulators in the secretions of schistosome cercariae that facilitate host entryRachel S Curwen
Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:835-44. 2006..All the novel constituents merit investigation as vaccine candidates, and the potential immunomodulators merit investigation as therapeutic agents...
- Comparison of inflammatory responses after off-pump and on-pump coronary surgery using surface modifying additives circuitJanine M Quaniers
Department of Surgery, Biostatistics, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1683-90. 2006..Because of the central role of extracorporeal circulation (EC), off-pump coronary bypass surgery is deemed preferable. Do different modalities of EC challenge this view?..
- Chemerin activation by serine proteases of the coagulation, fibrinolytic, and inflammatory cascadesBrian A Zabel
Laboratory of Immunology and Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 280:34661-6. 2005....
- Inhibitory effects of natural plants of Jeju Island on elastase and MMP-1 expressionYoung Heui Kim
R and D Center, Bioland Ltd, Byongchon, Chonan, Chungnam, 330 860, Republic of Korea
J Cosmet Sci 58:19-33. 2007..The results showed that four of the 60 plant extracts may hold potential for use as natural active ingredients for anti-aging cosmetics...
- Role of interleukin-6 in elastase-induced lung inflammatory changes in miceSadatomo Tasaka
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Lung Res 36:362-72. 2010..Wild-type (WT) and IL-6-deficient mice received either phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) or porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) intratracheally...
- Functional, cellular, and biochemical adaptations to elastase-induced emphysema in hamster medial scaleneM Fournier
Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, The Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 88:1327-37. 2000..Adaptations of the scalene with Emp likely relate both to increased loads and to factors intrinsic to muscle architecture and chest mechanics...
- The Fas/Fas-ligand pathway does not mediate the apoptosis in elastase-induced emphysema in miceMasahiro Sawada
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Regeneration and Advanced Medical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
Exp Lung Res 33:277-88. 2007Porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE), which induces emphysema via apoptosis, was administered to wild-type and Fas-deficient (lpr) mice...
- Fecal pancreatic elastase-1 levels in older individuals without known gastrointestinal diseases or diabetes mellitusKarl Heinz Herzig
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, AI Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
BMC Geriatr 11:4. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the fecal elastase-1 levels among over 60 years old Finnish and Polish healthy individuals without any special diet, known gastrointestinal disease, surgery or diabetes mellitus...
- Identification and characterization of a serine protease inhibitor with two trypsin inhibitor-like domains from the human hookworm Ancylostoma duodenaleXian Jin
Department of Parasitology and Clinical Parasitology, Guangdong Medical College, 2 Wenming East Street, Xiashan District, Zhanjiang, Guangdong Province, 524023, People s Republic of China
Parasitol Res 108:287-95. 2011..These results suggested that AduTIL-1 may be involved in the survival of A. duodenale in host by targeting related digestive enzymes and neutrophil elastase...
- The crystal structure of guamerin in complex with chymotrypsin and the development of an elastase-specific inhibitorHun Kim
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440 746, Korea
J Mol Biol 376:184-92. 2008..Furthermore, the M36A guamerin mutant more effectively protected endothelial cells against cell damage caused by elastase than the wild-type guamerin...
- The molecular structure of the complex of Ascaris chymotrypsin/elastase inhibitor with porcine elastaseK Huang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Structure 2:679-89. 1994..These inhibitors share 30-40% sequence identity with one another, but have virtually no sequence identity with members of any of the other families of serine proteinase inhibitors...
- Magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography findings compared with fecal elastase 1 measurement for the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitisMehmet Bilgin
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany
Pancreas 36:e33-9. 2008..To correlate magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings of the pancreas with the pancreatic exocrine function determined by fecal elastase 1 concentration...
- Cucumis sativus fruit-potential antioxidant, anti-hyaluronidase, and anti-elastase agentNeelesh K Nema
School of Natural Product Studies, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
Arch Dermatol Res 303:247-52. 2011..5 ± 0.23% w/w. CSLJ is the rich source of ascorbic acid and this study thereby rationalizes the use of C. sativus as potential anti-wrinkle agent in cosmetic products...
- N-linked glycosylation regulates human proteinase-activated receptor-1 cell surface expression and disarming via neutrophil proteinases and thermolysinYu Pei Xiao
Division of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Studies, University of Hull, Hull York Medical School, East Yorkshire, HU16 5JQ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:22991-3002. 2011....
- Role of nitric oxide synthases in elastase-induced emphysemaLaurent Boyer
INSERM, Unite U955, Creteil, France
Lab Invest 91:353-62. 2011..In conclusion, in the elastase-injured lung, iNOS mediates protein nitration in alveolar type 2 cells and alleviates oxidative injury. Neither eNOS nor iNOS are required for the development of elastase-induced emphysema...
- How useful is fecal pancreatic elastase 1 as a marker of exocrine pancreatic disease?Satti Beharry
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr 141:84-90. 2002..To evaluate the role of fecal elastase 1 (E1) as a marker of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (PI)...
- Evaluation of fecal pancreatic elastase-1 as a measure of pancreatic exocrine function in children with cystic fibrosisA Cade
Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 29:172-6. 2000b>Pancreatic elastase-1 (EL-1) is a specific human protease synthesised by the acinar cells. It is stable, unaffected by exogenous pancreatic enzyme treatment, and correlates well with stimulated pancreatic function tests...
- Reactivity of human leukocyte elastase and porcine pancreatic elastase toward peptide 4-nitroanilides containing model desmosine residues. Evidence that human leukocyte elastase is selective for cross-linked regions of elastinA Yasutake
Biochemistry 20:3675-9. 1981..The results also indicate that HL elastase binds tightly to these regions and would be poorly effective toward regions of elastin or tropoelastin which contain Lys residues...
- Fecal elastase-1 determination: 'gold standard' of indirect pancreatic function tests?S Luth
Dept of Medicine II Gastroenterology Hepatology, University Hospital of Heidelberg at Mannheim, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1092-9. 2001..The aim of our study was to re-evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of elastase-1 and chymotrypsin in stool in the assessment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency...
- Superoxide dismutase expression attenuates cigarette smoke- or elastase-generated emphysema in miceRobert F Foronjy
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, P and S 8 401, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:623-31. 2006..Oxidants are believed to play a major role in the development of emphysema...
- Transcription factor Nrf2 plays a pivotal role in protection against elastase-induced pulmonary inflammation and emphysemaYukio Ishii
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Japan
J Immunol 175:6968-75. 2005..Thus, Nrf2 appears to exert its protective effects through the transcriptional activation of antiprotease and antioxidant genes in alveolar macrophages...
- Severity of elastase-induced emphysema is decreased in tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-1beta receptor-deficient miceEdgar C Lucey
The Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 80 East Concord Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Lab Invest 82:79-85. 2002A single intratracheal dose of porcine pancreatic elastase, which is cleared from the lung by 24 hours, was administered to wild-type, IL-1beta type 1 receptor-deficient, double TNF-alpha (type 1 and type 2) receptor-deficient, and ..
- A novel serine protease inhibitor from Bungarus fasciatus venomJia Lu
Biotoxin Units of Key Laboratory of Animal Models and Human Disease Mechanisms, Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Peptides 29:369-74. 2008..These findings strongly suggest that snake Kunitz/BPTI protease inhibitors and neurotoxic homologs may have originated from a common ancestor...
- Anti-collagenase, anti-elastase and anti-oxidant activities of extracts from 21 plantsTamsyn S A Thring
School of Life Sciences, Kingston University, London, KT1 2EE, UK
BMC Complement Altern Med 9:27. 2009..Owing to their roles in tissue remodelling in health and disease, several studies have reported investigations on plant extracts as inhibitors of proteinases and as anti-oxidants...
- Elastase- and LPS-exposed mice display altered responses to rhinovirus infectionUmadevi Sajjan
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, 1150 W Medical Center Dr, Rm 3570, MSRBII, Box 5688, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5688, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L931-44. 2009..Similar mechanisms may be operative in COPD...
- Investigation of fecal pancreatic elastase-1 levels in type 2 diabetic patientsArzu Yilmaztepe
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, Uludag University, 16059 Bursa, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 16:75-80. 2005..Taking this possibility into account, we aimed to investigate the exocrine function of the pancreas in 32 diabetic patients and in 12 healthy control subjects in this study...
- Neutrophil-mediated epithelial injury during transmigration: role of elastaseH H Ginzberg
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 281:G705-17. 2001..These processes may contribute to epithelial loss and disruption of epithelial barrier function in inflammatory diseases...
- Mast cells modulate the pathogenesis of elastase-induced abdominal aortic aneurysms in miceJiusong Sun
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3359-68. 2007....
- Amino-acid sequence of porcine pancreatic elastase and its homologies with other serine proteinasesD M Shotton
Nature 225:802-6. 1970
- Giardiasis aggravates malabsorption in cystic fibrosisJ Walkowiak
Institute of Pediatrics, Dept of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:607-8. 2004
- Fecal elastase-1 is decreased in villous atrophy regardless of the underlying diseaseJ Walkowiak
Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Clin Invest 31:425-30. 2001..E1 levels in other malabsorption conditions are unknown. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to evaluate E1 concentrations in various malabsorption syndromes...
- Longitudinal follow-up of exocrine pancreatic function in pancreatic sufficient cystic fibrosis patients using the fecal elastase-1 testJaroslaw Walkowiak
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Institute of Pediatrics, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Szpitalna 27 33, 60 572 Poznan, Poland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:474-8. 2003..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to evaluate the usefulness of the noninvasive fecal elastase-1 (E1) test for the longitudinal assessment of exocrine pancreatic function (EPF) in pancreatic-sufficient (PS) CF patients...
- High prevalence of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in diabetes mellitus. A multicenter study screening fecal elastase 1 concentrations in 1,021 diabetic patientsPhilip D Hardt
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, Giessen University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Pancreatology 3:395-402. 2003..In this study we had the opportunity to study more than 1,000 diabetic patients to confirm recent observations in smaller populations...
- Low faecal elastase 1 concentrations in type 2 diabetes mellitusW Rathmann
Dept of Biometrics and Epidemiology, Diabetes Research Institute at Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1056-61. 2001..The availability of faecal elastase 1 as a non-invasive test has aided the detection of impaired exocrine function in population studies. We describe the association between levels of faecal elastase 1 and Type 2 diabetes...
- Fecal pancreatic elastase: a reproducible marker for severe exocrine pancreatic insufficiencySatoru Naruse
Department of Gastroenterology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Gastroenterol 41:901-8. 2006In order to apply fecal pancreatic elastase for follow-up of exocrine pancreatic function in chronic pancreatitis and cystic fibrosis, we examined the sensitivity, specificity, and long-term variability of a new polyclonal antibody-based ..
- Low fecal elastase-1 in type I diabetes mellitusA Icks
Department of Biometrics and Epidemiology, German Diabetes Research Institute at Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 39:823-30. 2001..Fecal elastase-1 has facilitated evaluation of pancreatic dysfunction in population-based studies...
- Fecal chymotrypsin and elastase-1 determination on one single stool collected at random: diagnostic value for exocrine pancreatic statusIsabelle Molinari
Biochemistry Laboratory, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Clin Biochem 37:758-63. 2004..The aim of our study was to investigate the diagnostic advantage from measuring fecal proteases in stool samples collected for two or three consecutive days in comparison to one single stool sample collected at random...
- Comparing the urinary pancreolauryl ratio and faecal elastase-1 as indicators of pancreatic insufficiency in clinical practiceD A Elphick
Department of Gastroenterology, Barnsley District General Hospital, Barnsley, UK
Pancreatology 5:196-200. 2005The urine pancreolauryl ratio (uPLR) and, more recently, the faecal pancreatic elastase-1, are widely used for the noninvasive diagnosis of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency...
- Fecal elastase 1 measurement compared with endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography for the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitisPhilip D Hardt
Third Medical Department, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Pancreas 25:e6-9. 2002..Direct tests, which are claimed to be the "gold standard" of functional diagnosis, are too complicated to be performed on great numbers of patients and are not standardized...
- Pathological pancreatic exocrine function and duct morphology in patients with cholelithiasisP D Hardt
Third Medical Department, Justus-Liebig-University, Giessen, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 46:536-9. 2001..In conclusion, according to these data a pathophysiological connection between gallstones and chronic pancreatitis appears to be probable...
- Suppression of superoxide anion and elastase release by C18 unsaturated fatty acids in human neutrophilsTsong Long Hwang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Lipid Res 50:1395-408. 2009..We also suggest that both the free carboxy group and the number of double bonds of the C(18) UFA structure are critical to providing the potent anti-inflammatory properties in human neutrophils...
- Cercarial elastase is encoded by a functionally conserved gene family across multiple species of schistosomesJason P Salter
University of California San Francisco Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences and the Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 277:24618-24. 2002....
- Elastase mediates the release of growth factors from lung in vivoJo Ann Buczek-Thomas
Department of Biochemistry and the Pulmonary Center at Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:344-50. 2004..FGF-2) and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta), after intratracheal instillation of porcine pancreatic elastase into mice...
- Steroid-resistant inflammation in a rat model of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is associated with a lack of nuclear factor-kappaB pathway activationMark A Birrell
Respiratory Pharmacology Group, Faculty of Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:74-84. 2005..The mainstay therapy adopted to treat patients with COPD is glucocorticoids; unfortunately, this treatment has limited impact on disease symptoms or underlying airway inflammation...
- Retinoic acid fails to reverse emphysema in adult mouse modelsM Fujita
Research Institute for Diseases of the Chest, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Thorax 59:224-30. 2004..A study was undertaken using two murine models of emphysema to evaluate the effect of retinoic acid...
- Adrenomedullin regenerates alveoli and vasculature in elastase-induced pulmonary emphysema in miceShinsuke Murakami
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:581-9. 2005..Adrenomedullin, a potent vasodilator peptide, regulates cell growth and survival. However, whether adrenomedullin contributes to lung regeneration remains unknown...
- Pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 3Mette Vesterhus
Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Diabetes Care 31:306-10. 2008..We wanted to investigate the prevalence of pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in patients with maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 3 (MODY3)...
- Tissue heterogeneity in the mouse lung: effects of elastase treatmentSatoru Ito
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Appl Physiol 97:204-12. 2004..Mild emphysema was developed by nebulized porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) (30 IU/day x 6 days). Respiratory mechanics were studied 3 wk following the initial treatment...
- Adenovirus-mediated transfer and overexpression of heme oxygenase 1 cDNA in lungs attenuates elastase-induced pulmonary emphysema in miceTakeshi Shinohara
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Immunology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236 0004, Japan
Hum Gene Ther 16:318-27. 2005..HO-1) in the lung would prevent pulmonary emphysema induced by porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE). Pretreatment with Ad...
- Structure of human neutrophil elastase in complex with a peptide chloromethyl ketone inhibitor at 1.84-A resolutionM A Navia
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:7-11. 1989..The structure of the HNE-MSACK complex is compared with that of porcine pancreatic elastase in complex with L-647,957, a beta-lactam inhibitor of both elastases...
- Secretory leucoprotease inhibitor impairs Toll-like receptor 2- and 4-mediated responses in monocytic cellsCatherine M Greene
Respiratory Research Division, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
Infect Immun 72:3684-7. 2004....
- Binding structure of elastase inhibitor scyptolin AUte Matern
Institut fur Biologie II, Mikrobiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Schanzlestrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Chem Biol 10:997-1001. 2003..Among them, scyptolin A and B from Scytonema hofmanni PCC 7110 are known to inhibit porcine pancreatic elastase, which in turn resembles the attractive drug target neutrophil elastase...
- Kempopeptins A and B, serine protease inhibitors with different selectivity profiles from a marine cyanobacterium, Lyngbya spKanchan Taori
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Nat Prod 71:1625-9. 2008..Kempopeptin A (1) exhibited an IC50 against elastase of 0.32 microM and against chymotrypsin of 2.6 microM, while kempopeptin B (2) inhibited trypsin with an IC50 of 8.4 microM...
- Lyngbyastatins 5-7, potent elastase inhibitors from Floridian marine cyanobacteria, Lyngbya sppKanchan Taori
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Nat Prod 70:1593-600. 2007..Compounds 1- 4 were found to selectively inhibit elastase over several other serine proteases, with IC50 values for porcine pancreatic elastase ranging from 3 to 10 nM.
- Lung volumes and respiratory mechanics in elastase-induced emphysema in miceZ Hantos
Dept of Medical Informatics, Univ of Szeged, Koranyi fasor 9, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:1864-72. 2008..inflation, we tracked H and Raw as functions of TGV and Prs in normal mice and mice treated with porcine pancreatic elastase. The presence of emphysema was confirmed by morphometric analysis of histological slices...
- Diagnostic role of biliary pancreatic elastase for cholangiocarcinoma in patients with cholestasisChiung Yu Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Clin Chim Acta 390:82-9. 2008..A wide array of proteins is secreted into the bile and may be associated with biliary tract diseases. We attempted to discover novel biomarker in bile for cholangiocarcinoma...
- MMP-9 protein level does not reflect overall MMP activity in the airways of patients with COPDGillian E Lowrey
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Respir Med 102:845-51. 2008..MMP-9 protein is increased in COPD and we hypothesized that total MMP activity would be raised although this has not previously been measured...
- Effects of emphysema on diaphragm blood flow during exerciseW L Sexton
Department of Physiology, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kirksville, Missouri 63501, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 84:971-9. 1998..05) muscle blood flows were greater in E hamsters. The finding that diaphragm blood flow was greater in E hamsters during exercise supports the contention that emphysema increases the energetic requirements of the diaphragm...
- Therapeutic use of small-molecule HGF-mimetic for emphysemaBERT J W M OEHLEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have previously found that induction of emphysema by porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) administration in the rat can be suppressed by co-treatment with BB3...
- Quantitative MRI-based Assessment of Aerosol Deposition in the LungChantal Darquenne; Fiscal Year: 2009..weeks prior to aerosol exposure, emphysema will be induced in Wistar rats by intratracheal instillation of pancreatic elastase. Healthy and emphysematous rats will then be tracheally ventilated with aerosolized iron oxide particles (1 ..
- Pancreatic elastasesMiklos Sahin-Toth; Fiscal Year: 2013..In humans, there are five pancreatic elastase genes (ELA1, ELA2A, ELA2B, ELA3A, and ELA3B) which give rise to three functional elastases (ELA2A, ELA3A ..
- Diaphragm Fatigue Prevention in EmphysemaNANCY SMITH BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2006..EMP will be induced by intratracheal instillation of crystalline porcine pancreatic elastase. Following a 3 month post-operative period, Groups 2 and 4 will enter a 12 week exercise conditioning ..
- PANCEATIC ELASTASE/STRUCTURAL CONTROL OF ACTIVITYCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 1992..During the earlier stages of this project, we isolated and characterized the major human pancreatic elastase-like enzymes...
- Development of Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Gene Therapeutic as Treatment for COPDJonathan Sanders; Fiscal Year: 2005..2. Establish models of emphysema in other groups of mice through intranasal instillation of porcine pancreatic elastase. 3. Examine effects of AAT gene delivery on attenuation of emphysema in mice...
- EFFECT OF IL-1 AND TNF ON ELASTIN PRODUCTION IN COPDRonald Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..test their hypothesis using wild-type and IL-1 and TNF- receptor knockout mice treated with intratracheal pancreatic elastase administration or exposure to cigarette smoke...
- Novel PAI-1 Inhibitors of Neutrophil ProteinasesDuane Day; Fiscal Year: 2002..that a single amino acid mutation in reactive center bond of PAI-i converts it to an effective inhibitor of pancreatic elastase without affecting receptor-mediated endocytosis...
- A flexible somatic and sporadic mouse model for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaBrian Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such an advance would benefit public health by reducing the mortality associated with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular mediators of metastasis in hepatocellular carcinomaBrian C Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Compact, low-maintenance MRI system for animal lung imagingDEAN KUETHE; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase II, we will integrate the permanent magnet with compact electronics to create a prototype small animal imaging system. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Omega-6 Fat Promotion of Mutant Kras-Induced Pancreatic NeoplasiaPaul Grippo; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this work will establish potential pathways that, when altered by drugs or changes in the diet, may prevent or retard the development of pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PLACENTAL FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance our knowledge and establish a direct link of placental TC activity and EC dysfunction in PE. ..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Saiman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Carefully conducted observational studies and clinically relevant in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility testing, hold the greatest promise to improve the treatment of patients infected with mutidrug-resistant organisms. ..
- Effect of diflunisal (IND68092) on familial amyloidosisJOHN BERK; Fiscal Year: 2009..poiuytrewq c Diflunisal drug levels will be determined to assess treatment compliance. We will correlate FAP disease progression with TTR stabilization. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The influence of CLP on placental sFlt-1 will be studied. Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance current knowledge of the role of the placenta and EC dysfunction in the pathogenesis of PE. ..
- NEUTROPHILS AND HEPATOTOXICITYROBERT ANDREW ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how neutrophils interact with oxygen deficiency to promote liver injury could lead to better ways to prevent or treat adverse drug reactions and other types of inflammatory liver injury. ..
- Visual Analytics Software Environment for Proteomics Data IntegrationBOBBIE JO MARY WEBB ROBERTSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteomicsresource.org/PRC/About.aspx), we will demonstrate the data integration capabilities with the end goal of virulence determinant discovery in Salmonella ..
- Impact of IL-8 Bound to the Anti-IL-8 AutoantibodyAnna Kurdowska; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluating Trichophyton tonsurans Carriage and InfectionSusan Abdel Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ALTERED MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES IN HEART FAILUREJEANINE D ARMIENTO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, this proposal will investigate the role of interstitial collagenase (MMP-13) in cardiac function and development through the generation of an MMP-13 knockout mouse. ..
- FUNGAL PROTEIN/GLYCOPROTEIN EXPRESSION IN TINEA CAPITISSusan Abdel Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CHRONIC LUNG INJURY AFTER PREMATURE BIRTHRichard Bland; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Pancreatic Development in Modeling Pancreatic DiseasePaul Grippo; Fiscal Year: 2003..Targeting pancreatic progenitor cells with various genetic alterations will provide valuable information for the developmental biologist and clinical pathologist alike. ..
- Role of MMPs in AngII induced abdominal aortic aneurysmsAlan Daugherty; Fiscal Year: 2005..The significance of this research relates to delineation of mechanism for AA formation and maturation, with emphasis on potential development of pharmacological treatments of the disease. ..
- Activation of the human neurtrophilHELEN KORCHAK; Fiscal Year: 2005..V Establish the role of d-PKC in downregulation of signalling pathways triggered by the p60TNFR. Determine if d-PKC acts on a serine residue(s) in the juxtamembrane region or the death domain. ..
- Interaction of H. capsulatum with Dendritic CellsSimon Newman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of these studies should provide significant insight into the pathogenesis of histoplasmosis and aid in the design of novel vaccine strategies for the prevention of disease. ..
- Rationally-Designed Synthetic Antithrombin ActivatorsUmesh Desai; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed work is critical for determining the organic activator to focus advanced phase II efforts. ..
- Lyso-PCs activate PMNs and endothelium via PKCCHRISTOPHER SILLIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Completion of these specific aims will likely result in targets for in vitro, and possibly clinical, intervention to develop methods to inhibit or to attenuate the effects of these lipids and ultimately make transfusion safer. ..
- NMR IMAGING OF INERT FLUORINATED GASES IN LUNGSDEAN KUETHE; Fiscal Year: 2002..With this second aim, we will advance inert fluorinated gas imaging beyond a development and demonstration stage to a new research tool that provides previously unavailable data to medical research. ..
- Designing Mechanism-based AnticoagulantsUmesh Desai; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping the Binding Surfaces of Ras and Related GTPasesCarla Mattos; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal is to provide key information for ligand design and discovery that is based on multiple structures that offer multiple perspectives. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Studies of Severe Congenital NeutropeniaAndrew Aprikyan; Fiscal Year: 2005..These models will be useful for development of novel therapeutic strategies for treatment of severe congenital neutropenia and prevention of its evolution to acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Collagenolysis and Elastolysis in Urinary IncontinenceBertha Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our goal is to identify specific pathophysiologic changes related to reproductive events and aging which underlie the development of SUI as a first step to identifying potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..