Genomes and Genes
carbonic anhydrase ii
Summary: A cytosolic carbonic anhydrase isoenzyme found widely distributed in cells of almost all tissues. Deficiencies of carbonic anhydrase II produce a syndrome characterized by OSTEOPETROSIS, renal tubular acidosis (ACIDOSIS, RENAL TUBULAR) and cerebral calcification. EC 4.2.1.-
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Carbonic anhydrase II binds to and enhances activity of the Na+/H+ exchangerXiuju Li
Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Canadian Institute of Health Research Membrane Protein Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:36085-91. 2002We examined the ability of carbonic anhydrase II to bind to and affect the transport efficiency of the NHE1 isoform of the mammalian Na(+)/H(+) exchanger...
- Carbonic anhydrase II-positive pancreatic cells are progenitors for both endocrine and exocrine pancreas after birthAkari Inada
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19915-9. 2008..progenitors after birth and give rise to new islets, we generated transgenic mice expressing human carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) promoter: Cre recombinase (Cre) or inducible CreER(TM) to cross with ROSA26 loxP-Stop-loxP LacZ ..
- A transport metabolon. Functional interaction of carbonic anhydrase II and chloride/bicarbonate exchangersD Sterling
Membrane Transport Group and Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group in Molecular Biology of Membrane Proteins, Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:47886-94. 2001..of AE1, the plasma membrane chloride/bicarbonate exchanger of erythrocytes, contains a binding site for carbonic anhydrase II (CAII)...
- Activity and distribution of intracellular carbonic anhydrase II and their effects on the transport activity of anion exchanger AE1/SLC4A1Samer Al-Samir
G Gros Zentrum Physiologie, Vegetative Physiologie 4220, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany V Endeward Zentrum Physiologie 4220, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
J Physiol 591:4963-82. 2013..metabolon hypothesis' postulating that a close association of the anion exchanger 1 (AE1) and cytosolic carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) exists that greatly increases the transport activity of AE1...
- A novel carbonic anhydrase II binding site regulates NHE1 activityXiuju Li
Department of Biochemistry, 347 Medical Science Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Biochemistry 45:2414-24. 2006b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) binds to and regulates transport by the NHE1 isoform of the mammalian Na(+)/H(+) exchanger. We localized and characterized the CAII binding region on the C-terminal tail of the Na(+)/H(+) exchanger...
- Selective hydrophobic pocket binding observed within the carbonic anhydrase II active site accommodate different 4-substituted-ureido-benzenesulfonamides and correlate to inhibitor potencyFabio Pacchiano
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Box 100245, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:8371-3. 2010..Hydrophobic interactions between the scaffold of the inhibitors in different hydrophobic pockets of the enzyme were observed, explaining the diverse inhibitory range of these derivatives...
- Carbonic anhydrase II promotes cardiomyocyte hypertrophyBrittany F Brown
Membrane Protein Disease Research Group, Department of Biochemistry, School of Translational Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 90:1599-610. 2012..b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) provides substrates for these transporters (protons and bicarbonate, respectively)...
- Overexpression of carbonic anhydrase II and Ki-67 proteins in prognosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumorsLi Cheng Liu
Department of General Surgery, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:2473-80. 2013To investigate the expression and prognostic value of carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) and Ki-67 in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs).
- Low levels of Na, K-ATPase and carbonic anhydrase II during choroid plexus development suggest limited involvement in early CSF secretionPia Johansson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Neurosci Lett 442:77-80. 2008..However, recent evidence suggests that the secretion may start much earlier, as soon as the lateral choroid plexuses first appear (around E14)...
- Timing and expression pattern of carbonic anhydrase II in pancreasAkari Inada
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Dev Dyn 235:1571-7. 2006..search for genetic markers for assessing the role of duct cells in pancreas growth, we examined whether carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) has ductal cell specificity...
- Cytosolic H+ microdomain developed around AE1 during AE1-mediated Cl-/HCO3- exchangeDanielle E Johnson
Membrane Protein Research Group, Department of Physiology, School of Molecular and Systems Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
J Physiol 589:1551-69. 2011..The pH environment surrounding pH regulatory transport proteins may differ as a result of H+ microdomain formation, which will affect nearby pH-sensitive processes...
- An intramolecular transport metabolon: fusion of carbonic anhydrase II to the COOH terminus of the Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-)exchanger, AE1Daniel Sowah
Membrane Protein Disease Research Group, Department of Physiology, School of Molecular and Systems Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 301:C336-46. 2011..CAII. Taken together, these data suggest that association of functional CAII with AE1 increases Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchange activity, consistent with the HCO(3)(-) transport metabolon model...
- The functional and physical relationship between the DRA bicarbonate transporter and carbonic anhydrase IIDeborah Sterling
Canadian Institutes of Health Research Membrane Protein Research Group, Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2H7
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C1522-9. 2002COOH-terminal cytoplasmic tails of chloride/bicarbonate anion exchangers (AE) bind cytosolic carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) to form a bicarbonate transport metabolon, a membrane protein complex that accelerates transmembrane bicarbonate ..
- Directed evolution of the promiscuous esterase activity of carbonic anhydrase IIStephen McQ Gould
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Biochemistry 44:5444-52. 2005..This work seeks to examine how this process might take place. Human carbonic anhydrase II (hCAII) is an enzyme that evolved to catalyze the reversible hydration of CO(2) and performs this task at ..
- The paradoxical thermodynamic basis for the interaction of ethylene glycol, glycine, and sarcosine chains with bovine carbonic anhydrase II: an unexpected manifestation of enthalpy/entropy compensationVijay M Krishnamurthy
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:5802-12. 2006This paper describes a systematic study of the thermodynamics of association of bovine carbonic anhydrase II (BCA) and para-substituted benzenesulfonamides with chains of oligoglycine, oligosarcosine, and oligoethylene glycol of lengths ..
- Sodium-hydrogen exchanger, cardiac overload, and myocardial hypertrophyHoracio E Cingolani
Centro de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Calle 60 y 120, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Circulation 115:1090-100. 2007
- Carbonic anhydrase II. A novel biomarker for gastrointestinal stromal tumorsSeppo Parkkila
Department of Anatomy, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Mod Pathol 23:743-50. 2010..0001). The present results indicate that CA II is overexpressed in most GISTs, is quite selective to this tumor type among mesenchymal tumors, and therefore might be a useful biomarker in diagnostics...
- The importance of carbonic anhydrase II in red blood cells during exposure of chicken embryos to CO2N Everaert
Department of Biosystems, Division Livestock Nutrition Quality, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 172:154-61. 2010..This response may serve to "buffer" elevated CO(2) levels...
- Experimental immune-mediated pancreatitis in neonatally thymectomized mice immunized with carbonic anhydrase II and lactoferrinKazushige Uchida
Department of Gastroenterology and Endoscopic Medicine, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Lab Invest 82:411-24. 2002We previously reported that autoantibodies against carbonic anhydrase II and lactoferrin are frequently identified in patients with autoimmune-related pancreatitis...
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibition prevents and reverts cardiomyocyte hypertrophyBernardo V Alvarez
Department of Physiology, Membrane Protein Research Group, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T6G2H7
J Physiol 579:127-45. 2007..Our study demonstrates a novel role for CA in mediating the hypertrophic response of cardiac myocytes to PE and suggests that CA inhibition represents an effective therapeutic approach towards mitigation of the hypertrophic phenotype...
- Carbonic anhydrase II increases the activity of the human electrogenic Na+/HCO3- cotransporterHolger M Becker
Abteilung fur Allgemeine Zoologie, Fachbereich Biologie, Technische Universitat Kaiserslautern, P O Box 3049, D 67653 Kaiserslautern, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:13508-21. 2007..Our results show that the transport capacity of NBCe1 is enhanced by the catalytic activity of CAII, in line with the notion that CAII forms a transport metabolon with NBCe1...
- Phenotypic characteristics of bone in carbonic anhydrase II-deficient miceDavid S Margolis
Orthopaedic Research Lab, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 82:66-76. 2008b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII)-deficient mice were created to study the syndrome of CAII deficiency in humans including osteopetrosis, renal tubular acidosis, and cerebral calcification...
- Thermodynamic stability of carbonic anhydrase: measurements of binding affinity and stoichiometry using ThermoFluorDaumantas Matulis
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, Eagleview Corporate Center, 665 Stockton Drive, Suite 104, Exton, Pennsylvania 19341, USA
Biochemistry 44:5258-66. 2005..The systematic effect of ligands on stability is shown to be a general tool to measure affinity...
- Effect of human carbonic anhydrase II on the activity of the human electrogenic Na/HCO3 cotransporter NBCe1-A in Xenopus oocytesJing Lu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19241-50. 2006Others report that carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) binds to the C termini of the anion exchanger AE1 and the electrogenic Na/HCO3 cotransporter NBCe1-A, enhancing transport...
- Protein adsorption orientation in the light of fluorescent probes: mapping of the interaction between site-directly labeled human carbonic anhydrase II and silica nanoparticlesMartin Karlsson
IFM Department of Chemistry, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Biophys J 88:3536-44. 2005..nanoparticles, fluorescent probes were attached to different areas on the surface of the protein human carbonic anhydrase II. By this approach it was clearly demonstrated that the adsorption of the native protein is specific to ..
- Autoantibodies against carbonic anhydrase II are increased in renal tubular acidosis associated with Sjogren syndromeFumi Takemoto
Kidney Center, Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Med 118:181-4. 2005
- Lactate flux in astrocytes is enhanced by a non-catalytic action of carbonic anhydrase IIMalin H Stridh
Division of General Zoology, Department of Biology, University of Kaiserslautern, PO Box 3049, D 67653 Kaiserslautern, Germany
J Physiol 590:2333-51. 2012..By this mechanism CAII could enhance transfer of lactate between astrocytes and neurons and thus provide the neurons with an increased supply of energy substrate...
- Neutron diffraction of acetazolamide-bound human carbonic anhydrase II reveals atomic details of drug bindingS Zoe Fisher
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:14726-9. 2012..The structure reveals the molecular details of AZM binding and the charged state of the bound drug. This represents the first determined neutron structure of a clinically used drug bound to its target...
- QM/MM calculations reveal the different nature of the interaction of two carborane-based sulfamide inhibitors of human carbonic anhydrase IIAdam Pecina
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry IOCB, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, v v i, Gilead Sciences and IOCB Research Center, Flemingovo nam 2, 166 10, Prague 6, Czech Republic
J Phys Chem B 117:16096-104. 2013The crystal structures of two novel carborane-sulfamide inhibitors in the complex with human carbonic anhydrase II (hCAII) have been studied using QM/MM calculations...
- Atomic crystal and molecular dynamics simulation structures of human carbonic anhydrase II: insights into the proton transfer mechanismS Zoe Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Biochemistry 46:2930-7. 2007Human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II) is a zinc-metalloenzyme that catalyzes the reversible interconversion of CO2 and HCO3-...
- Inhibition profiling of human carbonic anhydrase II by high-throughput screening of structurally diverse, biologically active compoundsRema Iyer
Department of Biological Sciences, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008 5410, USA
J Biomol Screen 11:782-91. 2006Human carbonic anhydrase II (CA II), a zinc metalloenzyme, was screened against 960 structurally diverse, biologically active small molecules...
- Spectroscopic characterization of furosemide binding to human carbonic anhydrase IISamira Ranjbar
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Int J Biol Macromol 50:910-7. 2012This study reports the interaction between furosemide and human carbonic anhydrase II (hCA II) using fluorescence, UV-vis and circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy...
- Partially folded conformations in the folding pathway of bovine carbonic anhydrase II: a fluorescence spectroscopic analysisN A Bushmarina
Institute of Cytology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Tikhoretsky Ave. 4, 194064 St. Petersburg, Russia
Chembiochem 2:813-21. 2001GdmCl-, urea-, and pH-induced unfolding pathways of bovine carbonic anhydrase II have been analyzed by using changes induced by different denaturing agents in intensity, anisotropy, life time, and parameter A value of intrinsic ..
- Purification of chicken carbonic anhydrase isozyme-III (CA-III) and its measurement in White Leghorn chickensToshiho Nishita
Laboratories of Veterinary Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu, University, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Acta Vet Scand 53:63. 2011..The developmental profile of chicken carbonic anhydrase-III (CA-III) blood levels has not been previously determined or reported. We isolated CA-III from chicken muscle and investigated age-related changes in the levels of CA-III in blood...
- Pretransition and progressive softening of bovine carbonic anhydrase II as probed by single molecule atomic force microscopyRehana Afrin
Laboratory of Biodynamics, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuka, Midori ku, Yokohama, 226 8501, Japan
Protein Sci 14:1447-57. 2005..force microscope (AFM) to extract information on the mechanical properties of surface immobilized bovine carbonic anhydrase II under native conditions and in the course of guanidinium chloride-induced denaturation...
- Anti-carbonic anhydrase II antibody in autoimmune pancreatitis and tubulointerstitial nephritisHiroshi Nishi
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1273-5. 2007
- Crystal structure of human carbonic anhydrase II complexed with an anti-convulsant sugar sulphamateRosario Recacha
Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering, and School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Biochem J 361:437-41. 2002..We have studied the binding interactions of RWJ-37497 in the active site of human carbonic anhydrase II by X-ray crystallography...
- Amyloid fibrillation in native and chemically-modified forms of carbonic anhydrase II: role of surface hydrophobicityAli Es-haghi
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Biochim Biophys Acta 1824:468-77. 2012..In the present study, fibrillation potential of native and chemically-modified forms of bovine carbonic anhydrase II (BCA II) were investigated...
- Bicarbonate secretion by rat bile duct brush cells indicated by immunohistochemical localization of CFTR, anion exchanger AE2, Na+/HCO3 -cotransporter, carbonic anhydrase II, Na+/H+ exchangers NHE1 and NHE3, H+/K+-ATPase, and Na+/K+-ATPaseTakuro Ogata
Department of Surgery and Physiology, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Nankoku, Japan
Med Mol Morphol 39:44-8. 2006..Na(+)/HCO(3) (-) cotransporter (NBC), was found along the BLM but was absent on the MV, whereas carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) was observed on the MV and along the BLM...
- Role of carbonic anhydrase II in ectopic calcificationRupak M Rajachar
Bioengineering Department, University of Washington, Seattle, 98195, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 18:77-82. 2009..Previous studies suggested that, in addition to blocking apatite crystal growth, OPN promoted regression of ectopic calcification by inducing the expression of acid-generating carbonic anhydrase II (CAR2) in monocyte-derived cells.
- Serum anti-carbonic anhydrase II antibodies and oxidant-antioxidant balance in pre-eclampsiaRezzan Aliyazicioglu
Department of Biochemisty, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Am J Reprod Immunol 66:297-303. 2011PROBLEM The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of anti-carbonic anhydrase II antibodies (anti-CA II) antibodies in pre-eclampsia and the relationships between the autoantibodies, total antioxidant capacity (TAC) and ..
- Identification of an inflammation-inducible serum protein recognized by anti-disialic acid antibodies as carbonic anhydrase IIZenta Yasukawa
Laboratory of Animal Cell Function, Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Biochem 141:429-41. 2007..The 32-kDa protein was identified as carbonic anhydrase II (CA-II), based on matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry analyses of ..
- The expression of carbonic anhydrase II in hematological malignanciesMari Leppilampi
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Clinical Chemistry, University of Oulu, 90220 Oulu, Finland
Clin Cancer Res 8:2240-5. 2002..Recent studies have shown that they are functionally involved in the growth and invasion of cancer cells. However, there are only a few publications on CAs in hematological malignancies...
- Carbonic anhydrase II autoantibody and oxidative stress in rheumatoid arthritisAhmet Alver
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
Clin Biochem 44:1385-9. 2011..To investigate the relationship between carbonic anhydrase (CA) II autoantibody and lipid peroxidation, certain antioxidant parameters, and cytokines in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients...
- Fluoroalkyl and alkyl chains have similar hydrophobicities in binding to the "hydrophobic wall" of carbonic anhydraseJasmin Mecinovic
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, United States
J Am Chem Soc 133:14017-26. 2011..alkyl and fluoroalkyl chains (H(2)NSO(2)C(6)H(4)-CONHCH(2)(CX(2))(n)CX(3), n = 0-4, X = H, F) to human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II)...
- Dramatic stabilization of the native state of human carbonic anhydrase II by an engineered disulfide bondLars Göran Mårtensson
IFM Department of Chemistry, Linkoping University, SE 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
Biochemistry 41:15867-75. 2002To find a disulfide pair that could stabilize the enzyme human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II), we grafted the disulfide bridge from the related and unusually stable carbonic anhydrase form from Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NGCA) into the human ..
- Potential for differential diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer using carbonic anhydrase II antibodyHideo Hosoda
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Tokyo Kosei Nenkin Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Pancreas 37:e1-7. 2008..We previously found a small amount of an immunoglobulin G-like material in purchased CAII reagents, which led to pseudopositive reactions...
- Carbonic anhydrase II regulates differentiation of ameloblasts via intracellular pH-dependent JNK signaling pathwayXiaogu Wang
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 225:709-19. 2010..We found that the expression level of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) is strongly up-regulated in parallel with differentiation of enamel epithelium tissues, while the ..
- Role of hydrophilic residues in proton transfer during catalysis by human carbonic anhydrase IIJiayin Zheng
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Biochemistry 47:12028-36. 2008Catalysis by the zinc metalloenzyme human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II) is limited in maximal velocity by proton transfer between His64 and the zinc-bound solvent molecule...
- Neutron structure of human carbonic anhydrase II: implications for proton transferS Zoe Fisher
Bioscience Division MS M888, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544, USA
Biochemistry 49:415-21. 2010Human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II) catalyzes the reversible hydration of carbon dioxide to form bicarbonate and a proton...
- Fragment-based drug discovery of carbonic anhydrase II inhibitors by dynamic combinatorial chemistry utilizing alkene cross metathesisSally Ann Poulsen
Chemical Biology Group, Eskitis Institute for Cell and Molecular Therapies, Griffith University, Nathan Campus, Brisbane 4111, Australia
Bioorg Med Chem 14:3275-84. 2006..drug discovery approach to the synthesis and identification of small molecule inhibitors of bovine carbonic anhydrase II (bCA II) is described...
- Inhibition of carbonic anhydrase II by steroidal and non-steroidal sulphamatesY T Ho
Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine and Sterix Ltd, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1NY, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:909-14. 2003....
- Nonenzymatic augmentation of lactate transport via monocarboxylate transporter isoform 4 by carbonic anhydrase IIHolger M Becker
Arbeitsgruppe Zoologie Membrantransport, FB Biologie, TU Kaiserslautern, P O Box 3049, 67653, Kaiserslautern, Germany
J Membr Biol 234:125-35. 2010..1 (MCT1), heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes, has previously been shown to be supported by carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) in a noncatalytic manner...
- Intramolecular proton shuttle supports not only catalytic but also noncatalytic function of carbonic anhydrase IIHolger M Becker
AG Zoologie Membrantransport and Abteilung für Allgemeine Zoologie, FB Biologie, University of Kaiserslautern, D 67653 Kaiserslautern, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3071-6. 2011..In carbonic anhydrase II (CAII), the fastest and most wide-spread isoform, this H(+) shuttle is facilitated by the side chain of ..
- Designed, functionalized helix-loop-helix motifs that bind human carbonic anhydrase II: a new class of synthetic receptor moleculesKarin Enander
Department of Chemistry IFM, Linkoping University, 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
J Am Chem Soc 126:4464-5. 2004..four-helix bundles were functionalized by the introduction of a sulfonamide derivative known to bind human carbonic anhydrase II (HCAII) and one or both of the dansyl- and methoxycoumarin fluorescent probes...
- Biochemical and developmental characterization of carbonic anhydrase II from chicken erythrocytesToshiho Nishita
Laboratories of Veterinary Physiology 1, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, 1 17 71 Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, 252 5201, Japan
Acta Vet Scand 53:16. 2011..Furthermore, the relations with CA-II in erythrocyte and egg production are not discussed. In the present study, we isolated CA-II from erythrocytes of chickens and determined age-related changes of CA-II levels in erythrocytes...
- Investigations of the esterase, phosphatase, and sulfatase activities of the cytosolic mammalian carbonic anhydrase isoforms I, II, and XIII with 4-nitrophenyl esters as substratesAlessio Innocenti
Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Laboratorio di Chimica Bioinorganica, Rm 188, Via della Lastruccia 3, I 50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Firenze, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:2267-71. 2008..CA XIII was the most effective esterase and phosphatase. CA XIII might catalyze other physiological reactions than CO(2) hydration, based on its relevant phosphatase activity...
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: the X-ray crystal structure of ethoxzolamide complexed to human isoform II reveals the importance of thr200 and gln92 for obtaining tight-binding inhibitorsAnna Di Fiore
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini CNR, Via Mezzocannone 16, 80134 Napoli, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:2669-74. 2008....
- Determination of the thermodynamics of carbonic anhydrase acid-unfolding by titration calorimetryLina Baranauskiene
Institute of Biotechnology, Graiciuno 8, Vilnius, LT 02241, Lithuania
J Biochem Biophys Methods 70:1043-7. 2008The enthalpy of unfolding (DeltauH) of carbonic anhydrase II was determined by titrating the protein with acid and measuring the heat using isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) in the temperature range of 5 to 59 degrees C...
- Carbonic anhydrase II deficiency syndrome (osteopetrosis with renal tubular acidosis and brain calcification): novel mutations in CA2 identified by direct sequencing expand the opportunity for genotype-phenotype correlationGul N Shah
Department of Biochemistry, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Hum Mutat 24:272. 2004The carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) deficiency syndrome is an autosomal recessive disorder that produces osteopetrosis, renal tubular acidosis, and cerebral calcification...
- High prevalence of autoantibodies against carbonic anhydrase II and lactoferrin in type 1 diabetes: concept of autoimmune exocrinopathy and endocrinopathy of the pancreasTakao Taniguchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohtsu Red Cross Hospital, Shiga, Japan
Pancreas 27:26-30. 2003..Dysfunction of the exocrine as well as the endocrine pancreas has been reported in type 1 diabetes. Lymphocytic infiltration of the exocrine pancreas is observed in approximately half of Japanese type 1 diabetic patients...
- Unfolding a folding disease: folding, misfolding and aggregation of the marble brain syndrome-associated mutant H107Y of human carbonic anhydrase IIKarin Almstedt
IFM Department of Chemistry, Linkoping University, 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
J Mol Biol 342:619-33. 2004..These proteins often misfold due to mutations. The disease marble brain syndrome (MBS), known also as carbonic anhydrase II deficiency syndrome (CADS), can manifest in carriers of point mutations in the human carbonic anhydrase II ..
- Docking, synthesis, and in vitro evaluation of antimitotic estrone analogsAndre Stander
Department of Physiology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa
Chem Biol Drug Des 77:173-81. 2011....
- Benzimidazo[1,2-c][1,2,3]thiadiazole-7-sulfonamides as inhibitors of carbonic anhydraseVirginija Dudutiene
Laboratory of Biothermodynamics and Drug Design, Institute of Biotechnology, Vilnius LT 02241, Lithuania
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:3335-8. 2007..Human carbonic anhydrase I (hCAI) and bovine carbonic anhydrase II (bCAII) bound the inhibitors with observed association constants in the range from 1.1 x 10(6) to 2...
- Carbonic anhydrase isozyme-II-deficient mice lack the duodenal bicarbonate secretory response to prostaglandin E2Mari Leppilampi
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, FI 33520 Tampere, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15247-52. 2005..Our data demonstrate a gastrointestinal phenotypic abnormality associated with CA II deficiency. The results show that the stimulatory effect of the duodenal secretagogue PGE2 completely depends on CA II...
- Immunohistochemical co-expression of carbonic anhydrase II with Kv1.4 and TRPV1 in rat small-diameter trigeminal ganglion neuronsTakeshi Tanimoto
Department of Physiology, Nippon Dental University, School of Dentistry at Tokyo, 1 9 20 Fujimi, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
Brain Res 1044:262-5. 2005The co-expression of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) with the voltage-gated potassium channel subtype 1.4 (Kv1...
- Regulation of the sodium bicarbonate cotransporter kNBC1 function: role of Asp(986), Asp(988) and kNBC1-carbonic anhydrase II bindingEitan Gross
Department of Urology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Physiol 544:679-85. 2002..A homologous motif (D887ADD) in the carboxy-terminus of the anion exchanger AE1 binds to carbonic anhydrase II (CAII)...
- Substrate-dependent interference of carbonic anhydrases with the glutamine transporter SNAT3-induced conductanceAlexandra Weise
Abteilung fur Allgemeine Zoologie, FB Biologie, University of Kaiserslautern, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 27:79-90. 2011..protons, and displays a non-stoichiometrical conductance, which is suppressed by the catalytic activity of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII)...
- Reshaping the folding energy landscape of human carbonic anhydrase II by a single point genetic mutation Pro237HisYan Jiang
Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:776-88. 2008..The results herein suggested that the correct positioning of the long loop around P237 might be crucial to the folding of HCA II, particularly the formation of the active site...
- Enzymatic suppression of the membrane conductance associated with the glutamine transporter SNAT3 expressed in Xenopus oocytes by carbonic anhydrase IIAlexandra Weise
Abteilung fur Allgemeine Zoologie, FB Biologie, Universitaet Kaiserslautern, D 67653 Kaiserslautern, Germany
J Gen Physiol 130:203-15. 2007..This study also emphasizes the importance of carbonic anhydrase activity and the presence of CO(2)-bicarbonate buffers for membrane transport processes...
- The cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor celecoxib is a potent inhibitor of human carbonic anhydrase IIJames F Knudsen
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Inflammation 28:285-90. 2004..we report that celecoxib exhibits the characteristics of a potent CA inhibitor, showing inhibitory human carbonic anhydrase II (hCAII) activity in the nanomolar range. Valdecoxib was relatively less potent...
- The binding of human carbonic anhydrase II by functionalized folded polypeptide receptorsTheresa Andersson
Department of Chemistry IFM, Linkoping University, 581 83 Linkoping, Sweden
Chem Biol 12:1245-52. 2005Several receptors for human carbonic anhydrase II (HCAII) have been prepared by covalently attaching benzenesulfonamide carboxylates via aliphatic aminocarboxylic acid spacers of variable length to the side chain of a lysine residue in a ..
- Elucidation of the proton transport mechanism in human carbonic anhydrase IIC Mark Maupin
Center for Biophysical Modeling and Simulation and Department of Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:7598-608. 2009Human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II) is one of the fastest known enzymes, which utilizes a rate-limiting proton transport (PT) step in its enzymatic reaction...
- Deficient HCO3- transport in an AE1 mutant with normal Cl- transport can be rescued by carbonic anhydrase II presented on an adjacent AE1 protomerNeera K Dahl
Molecular Medicine and Renal Units, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:44949-58. 2003Cl-/HCO3- exchange activity mediated by the AE1 anion exchanger is reduced by carbonic anhydrase II (CA2) inhibition or by prevention of CA2 binding to the AE1 C-terminal cytoplasmic tail...
- Diminished cellular immune response to carbonic anhydrase II in patients with Sjögren's syndrome and idiopathic chronic pancreatitisIsao Nishimori
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kochi Medical School Nankoku, Kochi, Japan
JOP 5:186-92. 2004A serum antibody to carbonic anhydrase II has been reported in patients with Sjögren's syndrome and idiopathic chronic pancreatitis.
- Suppression of adjuvant-induced arthritic bone destruction by cyclooxygenase-2 selective agents with and without inhibitory potency against carbonic anhydrase IIMika Katagiri
Sensory and Motor System Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 21:219-27. 2006..However, all COX-2 inhibitors similarly suppressed bone destruction in adjuvant-induced arthritic rats, indicating that suppression of osteoclast differentiation is more effective than that of osteoclast activity for the treatment...
- Functional role of a putative carbonic anhydrase II-binding domain in the electrogenic Na+ -HCO₃- cotransporter NBCe1 expressed in Xenopus oocytesHideomi Yamada
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Channels (Austin) 5:106-9. 2011..These results indicate that a bicarbonate transport metabolon proposed for the interaction between CAII and NBCe1 does not work at least in Xenopus oocytes...
- Modification of carbonic anhydrase II with acetaldehyde, the first metabolite of ethanol, leads to decreased enzyme activityFatemeh Bootorabi
Institute of Medical Technology, Tampere University Hospital, 33520 Tampere, Finland
BMC Biochem 9:32. 2008....
- Measurement of erythrocyte carbonic anhydrase isozymes (CA-I and CA-II) in racehorses and riding horsesToshiho Nishita
Laboratory of Veterinary Physiology 1, School of Veterinary Medicine, Azabu University, Fuchinobe, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 67:63-7. 2005..The CA-II level decreased slightly with age, indicating different regulation of CA-I and CA-II expression during development...
- Differential expression of cytoplasmic carbonic anhydrases, CA I and II, and membrane-associated isozymes, CA IX and XII, in normal mucosa of large intestine and in colorectal tumorsA J Kivela
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Oulu, Finland
Dig Dis Sci 46:2179-86. 2001....
- Nonenzymatic proton handling by carbonic anhydrase II during H+-lactate cotransport via monocarboxylate transporter 1Holger M Becker
Abteilung fur Allgemeine Zoologie, FB Biologie, Technische Universitat Kaiserslautern, Kaiserslautern, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:21655-67. 2008..We present a hypothetical model in which the effective movement of H(+) into the bulk cytosol is increased by CAII, thus slowing the dissipation of the H(+) gradient across the cell membrane, which drives MCT1 activity...
- Speeding up proton transfer in a fast enzyme: kinetic and crystallographic studies on the effect of hydrophobic amino acid substitutions in the active site of human carbonic anhydrase IIS Zoe Fisher
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0267, USA
Biochemistry 46:3803-13. 2007..Finally, the difference in pKa of the donor and acceptor appears favorable for proton transfer. The data suggest roles for residues 7, 62, and 67 in fine-tuning the properties of His64 for optimal proton transfer in catalysis...
- A short, strong hydrogen bond in the active site of human carbonic anhydrase IIBalendu Sankara Avvaru
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Universityof Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Biochemistry 49:249-51. 2010The crystal structure of human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II) obtained at 0...
- QSAR study on para-substituted aromatic sulfonamides as carbonic anhydrase II inhibitors using topological information indicesGeorgia Melagraki
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, School of Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Zografou Campus, Greece
Bioorg Med Chem 14:1108-14. 2006..The compounds were studied for their carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) inhibitory activity...
- Carbonic anhydrase II is a tumor vessel endothelium-associated antigen targeted by dendritic cell therapyKenta Yoshiura
Department of Advanced Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:8201-7. 2005..by two-dimensional electrophoresis combined with Western blots revealed that the 29-kDa protein was carbonic anhydrase II (CA-II)...
- Structure of a 129Xe-cryptophane biosensor complexed with human carbonic anhydrase IIJulie A Aaron
Roy and Diana Vagelos Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6323, USA
J Am Chem Soc 130:6942-3. 2008..70 A resolution crystal structure of a cryptophane-derivatized benezenesulfonamide complexed with human carbonic anhydrase II shows how an encapsulated xenon atom can be directed to a specific biological target...
- Subtle differences in dissociation rates of interactions between destabilized human carbonic anhydrase II mutants and immobilized benzenesulfonamide inhibitors probed by a surface plasmon resonance biosensorS Svedhem
Division of Chemistry, , , S-581 83, Sweden
Anal Biochem 296:188-96. 2001..Here, a set of destabilized human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II) mutants was investigated with respect to their interaction kinetics with two different ..
- In situ click chemistry: enzyme-generated inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase IIVani P Mocharla
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, SP 227, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 44:116-20. 2004
- Carbonic anhydrase II in the developing and adult human brainElizabeth Kida
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, New York 10314, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:664-74. 2006b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) is one of 14 isozymes of carbonic anhydrases, zinc metalloenzymes that catalyze the reversible hydration of carbon dioxide to bicarbonate...
- Residual ligand entropy in the binding of p-substituted benzenesulfonamide ligands to bovine carbonic anhydrase IIHenning Stöckmann
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Am Chem Soc 130:12420-6. 2008..for this assumption, and in the case of binding of p-substituted benzenesulfonamide inhibitors to bovine carbonic anhydrase II (BCA II), the observed thermodynamic binding signature derived from isothermal titration calorimetry ..
- Phase memory relaxation times of spin labels in human carbonic anhydrase II: pulsed EPR to determine spin label locationM Huber
Department of Molecular Physics, Leiden University, P O Box 9504, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Biophys Chem 94:245-56. 2001Phase memory relaxation times (T(M) or T(2)) of spin labels in human carbonic anhydrase II (HCA II) are reported...
- Co-expression of pendrin, vacuolar H+-ATPase alpha4-subunit and carbonic anhydrase II in epithelial cells of the murine endolymphatic sacHongwei Dou
Center for Hearing and Deafness Research, Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1377-84. 2004....
- In vivo repression of an erythroid-specific gene by distinct corepressor complexesLuc E G Rietveld
Department of Molecular Biology, NCMLS 191, University of Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
EMBO J 21:1389-97. 2002To assess the mechanisms of repression of the erythroid-specific carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) locus we used chromatin immunoprecipitation and show that an NCoR-histone deacetylase (HDAC)3 complex is recruited by the nuclear receptor v-..
- Carbonic anhydrase II and alveolar fluid reabsorption during hypercapniaJiwang Chen
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:32-7. 2008b>Carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) plays an important role in carbon dioxide metabolism and intracellular pH regulation...
- Application of genetic algorithm-kernel partial least square as a novel nonlinear feature selection method: activity of carbonic anhydrase II inhibitorsMehdi Jalali-Heravi
Department of Chemistry, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Med Chem 42:649-59. 2007..a nonlinear QSAR model for predicting activities of a series of substituted aromatic sulfonamides as carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) inhibitors...
- Regulation of the human NBC3 Na+/HCO3- cotransporter by carbonic anhydrase II and PKAFrederick B Loiselle
Canadian Institute of Health Research Membrane Protein Research Group, Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T6G 2H7
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C1423-33. 2004..Cytosolic enzyme carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) catalyzes the reaction CO(2) + H(2)O left arrow over right arrow HCO(3)(-) + H(+) in many tissues...
- Receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand induces the expression of carbonic anhydrase II, cathepsin K, and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in osteoclast precursor RAW264.7 cellsKyosuke Fujisaki
Nihon University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 13 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Life Sci 80:1311-8. 2007..examined the effects of IL-1alpha or RANKL and/or M-CSF in the presence of IL-1alpha on the expression of carbonic anhydrase II (CAII), cathepsin K, matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), RANK, M-CSF receptor (c-fms), and c-fos ..
- Increased expression of carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) in lesional skin of atopic dermatitis: regulation by Th2 cytokinesMarijke Kamsteeg
J Invest Dermatol 127:1786-9. 2007
- The refined atomic structure of carbonic anhydrase II at 1.05 A resolution: implications of chemical rescue of proton transferDavid Duda
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 59:93-104. 2003..radiation and a CCD detector, X-ray data have been collected at 100 K for the His64Ala mutant of human carbonic anhydrase II complexed with 4-methylimidazole (4-MI) to a maximal 1...
- The importance of being knotted: effects of the C-terminal knot structure on enzymatic and mechanical properties of bovine carbonic anhydrase IIMohammad Taufiq Alam
Laboratory of Biodynamics, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama, Japan
FEBS Lett 519:35-40. 2002..pattern to the enzymatic and mechanical properties of carbonic anhydrases, we replaced Gln-253 of bovine carbonic anhydrase II with Cys, which allowed us to measure the mechanical strength of the protein against tensile deformation ..
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: binding of an antiglaucoma glycosyl-sulfanilamide derivative to human isoform II and its consequences for the drug design of enzyme inhibitors incorporating sugar moietiesAnna Di Fiore
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini CNR, Via Mezzocannone 16, 80134 Naples, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:1726-31. 2007..Topiramate, another sugar-based CA inhibitor, binds in a completely different manner to CA II as compared to the sulfonamide investigated here. These findings are useful for the design of potent, sugar-derived enzyme inhibitors...
- H+-ATPase B-subunit Dysfunction and Calcium NephrolithiasisOrson W Moe; Fiscal Year: 2010..caused by mutations in either the vacuolar :VPa;se-A T :B1 or a4 subunit;, anion exchanger-1, or carbonic anhydrase II. This proposal focuses on the B1 subunit of the V-ATPase...
- Physiology of Electrogenic Na/HCO3 CotransportersWalter F Boron; Fiscal Year: 2011..on Na+, HCO3 and pH;ask whether they transport CO3;characterize the interaction between NBCel and carbonic anhydrase II;and examine the action of PKA on NBCel in oocytes. (Hi) Analyze structure- function relationships...
- CELLULAR BASIS OF CRANIOFACIAL BONE DISORDERSPhilip Osdoby; Fiscal Year: 2002..effects on OC function (bone resorption, motility, free radical production, TRAP, cathepsin K, and carbonic anhydrase II expression)...
- Supramolecular Approaches to Protein Inhibitors Activated by MicroRNA-21Janarthanan Jayawickramarajah; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- REGULATION OF CARBONIC ANHYDRASE II GENE EXPRESSIONLUCYNDIA MARINO; Fiscal Year: 1993..The OH- that is generated by this pump is converted to HCO3- by the action of a second enzyme, carbonic anhydrase II (CA II)...
- MUTAGENESIS TO PROBE CATALYSIS BY CARBONIC ANHYDRASE IICarol Fierke; Fiscal Year: 1992This proposal outlines a research effort to delineate the roles of active site amino acids in human carbonic anhydrase II (CA II) in catalysis and drug (sulfonamide) binding...
- INTERACTION OF SPIN LABELS WITH TRANSITION METALSGARETH EATON; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will test the feasibility of measurements in fluid solution. For doubly spin-labeled samples of human carbonic anhydrase II, T4 lysozyme, and iron protein A we propose to develop and test pulsed methods to determine spin-spin ..
- FOLDING OF CARBONIC ANHYDRASESandra Eaton; Fiscal Year: 1999..folding intermediate and unfolded state that are observed when guanidine hydrochloride is added to human carbonic anhydrase II. It is anticipated that these techniques will be useful in studies of other proteins to which the spin ..
- CIRCULAR DICHROISM SPECTROMETERTERRENCE OAS; Fiscal Year: 1993..Designed proteins 2. Protein subdomains 3. Model protein folding intermediates 4. RNA enzymes 5. Human carbonic anhydrase II 6. Glycoproteins 7. Lectins 8. Membrane-associated proteins 9. Nucleic acids 10...
- Recombinant T-cell Receptor Ligands for Treatment of UveitisGrazyna Adamus; Fiscal Year: 2006..To determine an effective treatment regimen for clinical rat AAU using RTLs. 2. To determine the abilities of RTLs to inhibit recurrent anterior and posterior uveitis in Lewis rats. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISM OF RETINAL DAMAGE IN AUTOIMMUNE RETINOPATHYGrazyna Adamus; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ION CHANNEL REGULATION BY THE CYTOPLASMIC TAIL OF PDK1Seth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will search for novel interacting proteins, and prepare protein suitable for structural analysis. ..
- RBC Ion Transporters as Hemoglobinopathy Risk ModifiersSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed experiments will increase understanding of sickle cell disease and thalassemia by providing mouse models for genetic tests of new drug therapies under development for near-term clinical testing. ..
- Sickle Red Cell K+ Transporter Genetics in S. cerevisiaeSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2002..3) (Provisional Aim): Time permitting, to improve, validate, and standardize growth rescue of trk1delta/trk2delta S. cerevisiae by expression in nonpermissive conditions of cDNA encoding the mammalian IK1 K(ca) channel. ..
- MOLECULAR PHYSIOLOGY OF BAND 3 LIKE PROTEINS OF KIDNEYSeth Alper; Fiscal Year: 2007..5. Define aspects of transcriptional and translational regulation of AE gene products in kidney of mutant and parental mouse strains and in cultured kidney cells. ..
- IMMUNOLOGICAL MECHANISM OF INFLAMMATION IN UVEITIS & EAEGrazyna Adamus; Fiscal Year: 2001..3) Examine the role of cytokines and chemokines in the recruitment of cell to the eye in primary and recurrent uveitis associated with EAE after immunization of Lewis rats with MBP. ..
- Strategies to Identify In Vitro Islet ProgenitorsSusan Bonner Weir; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identifying such cell(s) would then direct focus on the expansion and differentiation of that cell type to a sustainable source of new beta cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Solubilization, purification, and crystallization of memebrane-associated proteinDavid G Myszka; Fiscal Year: 2010..Streamlining crystallography efforts while simultaneously discovering details about receptor function will serve as the basis for developing agents that thwart, control, or cure GPCR-related diseases and conditions. ..
- Identification of GCK-3 signaling pathways in C. elegansKEITH CHOE; Fiscal Year: 2008..I will use a combination of molecular biology, forward and reverse genetic analyses, and patch clamp electrophysiology to identify GCK-3 signaling components. ..
- Phenotypic Analysis of Young and Old Beta CellsSusan Bonner Weir; Fiscal Year: 2008..Another important outcome of this research should be valuable information about such practical questions as what will lead to successful long-term islet transplantation. ..
- Chemosensory receptors and the basis of specificitySTEVEN MUNGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Multivalency: Mechanisms and ApplicationsGeorge M Whitesides; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ASM Conference on Candida and CandidiasisAaron Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2008..The conference will help chart the course of future research and facilitate the urgent necessity to understand, treat, and prevent disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biology of Mercapturic Acid Mediated NephrotoxicityAlexander Pushkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Successful completion of this project will enhance our understanding of the mechanism of mercapturic acid-mediated nephrotoxicity. ..
- Capillary Electrophoresis and Protein BiophysicsGeorge M Whitesides; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ProteOn XPR36 Protein Interaction Array SystemDavid Myszka; Fiscal Year: 2007..Each of these investigators has previously demonstrated success in applying biosensor technology in their research and all have a current need for the enhanced capabilities of this new platform. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SEXUAL DIMORPHISM IN SEIZURE CONTROLJANA VELISKOVA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Rats of both sexes and various ages will be used. These studies may lead to the development of new antiepileptic treatments that take into the account sexual age-related differences. ..
- CELL GROWTH, NA/H EXCHANGE, AND CYCLINS IN IDDM PATIENDaniel Batlle; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PHYSIOLOGY OF RENAL SODIUM/BICARBONATE COTRANSPORTWalter Boron; Fiscal Year: 2001..The use of isolated, perfused tubules will insure that the expression of the transporters is as normal as possible, and that anatomical origin of the tubules is precisely known. ..
- Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spect.Mehdi Moini; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) Chemical Composition Analysis of Expanded Porphyrins. Some of these expanded porphyrins are used to develop drugs for diagnosis and treatment of human diseases such as radiation therapy enhancing agents. ..
- CHARACTERIZING SPECIALIZED CHEMOSENSORY NEURONSSTEVEN MUNGER; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, GC-D transgenic mice will be used to examine the ability of neonates to attach to nipples and suckle. ..
- CHIMERIC RNA/DNA OLIGONUCLEOTIDE BASED GENE THERAPYYEONG HAU LIEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..encouraging results, the investigators propose to test this new strategy in an experimental animal model, carbonic anhydrase II (CA-II) deficient mice...
- New strategies for identification of C. albicans fluconazole resistance geneAaron Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2004..These approaches will define the regulators that govern known resistance mechanisms and may reveal the regulators that govern other clinically relevant resistance mechanisms. ..
- Prenatal Corticosteroid Impact on HippocampusLIBOR VELISEK; Fiscal Year: 2004..The data of this proposal will be critical for determining long-term adverse effects of multiple course prenatal corticosteroid therapy and for the ameliorating these effects in the offspring. ..
- Tools To Study Cell Motility and Ion ChannelsGeorge Whitesides; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work spans biology, microfabrication, and biophysics, and an important product of the research will be students broadly trained in biological and physical sciences. ..
- Biacore S51 Optical BiosensorDavid Myszka; Fiscal Year: 2002..When time permits, the BIAcore S51 will be made available for use by external researchers as part of the Facility's effort to establish a national center for biomolecular interaction analysis. ..
- Structural Aspects of Bicarbonate Transport MetabolonsPeter Piermarini; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study will provide key details on the finer mechanisms of renal HCO3 transport, which will provide a better understanding of the physiology and importance of the studied proteins to kidney function. ..