Genomes and Genes
Summary: Lanthanum. The prototypical element in the rare earth family of metals. It has the atomic symbol La, atomic number 57, and atomic weight 138.91. Lanthanide ion is used in experimental biology as a calcium antagonist; lanthanum oxide improves the optical properties of glass.
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- Lanthanum carbonate reduces FGF23 in chronic kidney disease Stage 3 patientsEmilio Gonzalez-Parra
IIS Fundación Jiménez Díaz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:2567-71. 2011..In the present study, we have evaluated the changes in plasma FGF23 after treatment with the phosphate binder lanthanum carbonate in patients with CKD-3 and a normal serum phosphate concentration.
- Long-term efficacy and safety profile of lanthanum carbonate: results for up to 6 years of treatmentAlastair J Hutchison
Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Nephron Clin Pract 110:c15-23. 2008b>Lanthanum carbonate (LC, FOSRENOL) is an effective phosphate binder for which tolerability and a safety profile have been reported in haemodialysis patients...
- Lanthanum carbonate (Fosrenol) efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of hyperphosphatemic patients with end-stage renal diseaseS S Chiang
Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Nephrol 63:461-70. 2005High serum phosphorus levels are a common problem in patients receiving long-term dialysis treatment. Lanthanum carbonate (Fosrenol) is a new non-aluminum, non-calcium phosphate binder developed for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in ..
- Comparison of dietary phosphate absorption after single doses of lanthanum carbonate and sevelamer carbonate in healthy volunteers: a balance studyPatrick Martin
Shire Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, PA 19087 5637, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 57:700-6. 2011b>Lanthanum carbonate and sevelamer carbonate are noncalcium phosphate binders used to treat hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic kidney disease...
- Attenuation of aortic calcification with lanthanum carbonate versus calcium-based phosphate binders in haemodialysis: A pilot randomized controlled trialNigel D Toussaint
Departments of Nephrology Radiology, Monash Medical Centre Department of Medicine, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 16:290-8. 2011..Few controlled studies have addressed interventions to reduce VC but non-calcium-based phosphate binders may be beneficial. No published randomized study to date has assessed the effect of lanthanum carbonate (LC) on VC progression.
- Relative in vitro efficacy of the phosphate binders lanthanum carbonate and sevelamer hydrochlorideValerie Autissier
School of Natural Sciences Chemistry, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Pharm Sci 96:2818-27. 2007..In vitro-binding studies were performed on the recently introduced binder, lanthanum carbonate (LC; Fosrenol), to compare its phosphate-binding affinity with sevelamer hydrochloride (SH; Renagel)...
- Repeated topical application of growth hormone attenuates blood-spinal cord barrier permeability and edema formation following spinal cord injury: an experimental study in the rat using Evans blue, ()I-sodium and lanthanum tracersF Nyberg
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Amino Acids 23:231-9. 2002..At the ultrastructural level, perivascular edema and exudation of lanthanum across the endothelial cells was quite frequent in the spinal cord...
- Functional interactions of lanthanum and phospholipase D with the abscisic acid signaling effectors VP1 and ABI1-1 in rice protoplastsS S Gampala
Department of Biology, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 276:9855-60. 2001..Both VP1 and lanthanum activities could be antagonized by coexpression of ABI1-1, which demonstrates the specific ABA dependence of ..
- Surface electronic structure transitions at high temperature on perovskite oxides: the case of strained La0.8Sr0.2CoO3 thin filmsZhuhua Cai
Laboratory for Electrochemical Interfaces, Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, United States
J Am Chem Soc 133:17696-704. 2011....
- Lanthanum carbonate, like sevelamer-HCl, retards the progression of vascular calcification and atherosclerosis in uremic apolipoprotein E-deficient miceIgor G Nikolov
INSERM ERI 12, UFR de Médecine Pharmacie, University of Picardie, Amiens, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:505-13. 2012..We compared the effect of phosphate binder lanthanum (La) carbonate with sevelamer-HCl on atherosclerosis, VC and bone structure and function in mice with chronic ..
- Adequate phosphate binding with lanthanum carbonate attenuates arterial calcification in chronic renal failure ratsEllen Neven
Department of Pathophysiology, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1790-9. 2009..Therefore, the effect of lanthanum carbonate, a non-calcium phosphate binder, on the development of vascular calcification was investigated in ..
- Benefits and harms of phosphate binders in CKD: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsSankar D Navaneethan
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Q7, Cleveland, OH 44122, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 54:619-37. 2009..Phosphate binders are widely used to control serum phosphorus levels in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). We analyzed the effects of phosphate binders on biochemical and patient-level end points in patients with CKD...
- Exposure to lanthanum compound diminishes LPS-induced inflammation-associated gene expression: involvements of PKC and NF-kappaB signaling pathwaysFei Guo
Burns Institute, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang 330006, People s Republic of China
Biometals 23:669-80. 2010b>Lanthanum chloride, a rare earth compound, possesses antibacterial and cellular immunity regulating properties. However, the underlying molecular mechanisms remain largely unknown...
- Lanthanum carbonateMelanie S Joy
School of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of North Carolina, Carolina Kidney Center, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7155, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:234-40. 2006To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, clinical efficacy, and safety profile of lanthanum carbonate, a phosphate binder for chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- The suppressive effects of lanthanum on the production of inflammatory mediators in mice challenged by LPSFei Guo
Burns Institute, The First Affiliated Hospital, Nanchang University, Nanchang, China
Biol Trace Elem Res 142:693-703. 2011Lanthanide ions have been proven to have various biologic effects. Lanthanum with extremely active physical and chemical property was evidenced to possess antibacterial and immune adjustment effects...
- A piezoelectric plethysmograph sensor based on a Pt wire implanted lead lanthanum zirconate titanate bulk ceramicCarlos O González-Morán
Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del IPN, Electrical Engineering Department, Bioelectronics Section Av IPN 2508, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, C P 07360, Mexico D F, Mexico
Sensors (Basel) 10:7146-56. 2010This work reports on the development of a Lead Lanthanum Zirconate Titanate (PLZT) bulk ferroelectric poled ceramic structure as a Piezoelectric Plethysmograph (PZPG) sensor...
- Lanthanum ions inhibit the mammalian Sec61 complex in its channel dynamics and protein transport activityFrank Erdmann
Biophysik, Universitat Osnabruck, FB Biologie Chemie, D 49034 Osnabrück, Germany
FEBS Lett 583:2359-64. 2009..Millimolar concentrations of lanthanum ions simultaneously restricted the dynamics of the Sec61 channel and inhibited translocation of polypeptides...
- Lanthanum carbonate decreases PTH gene expression with no hepatotoxicity in uraemic ratsIddo Z Ben-Dov
Minerva Center for Calcium and Bone Metabolism, Nephrology and Hypertension Services, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Ein Karem, PO Box 12000, Jerusalem, Israel 91120
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:362-8. 2007b>Lanthanum (La) carbonate is an effective phosphate-binder, used to reverse hyperphosphataemia due to chronic kidney disease. Some recent studies in rodents have cast safety uncertainties...
- Calciphylaxis responsive to lanthanum carbonate (FOSRENOL) therapyMicah R Chan
Section of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53713, USA
WMJ 107:335-8. 2008..The patient, however, responded rapidly to the initiation of lanthanum carbonate therapy and modified dialysis...
- Lanthanum suppresses osteoblastic differentiation via pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein signaling in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsYan Ling Shi
Department of Chemical Biology, Capital Medical University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 10 Xitoutiao, You An Men, Beijing 100069, PR China
J Cell Biochem 108:1184-91. 2009..After demonstrating that lanthanum chloride (LaCl(3)) suppresses hydrogen peroxide-enhanced calcification in rat calcifying vascular cells (CVCs), ..
- Emerging drugs for hyperphosphatemiaGuido Bellinghieri
University of Messina, Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Policlinico Universitario, Viale Gazzi 98100, Messina, Italy
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 12:355-65. 2007..Recently two new compounds non-aluminum and non-calcium phosphate binders, sevelamer hydrochloride and lanthanum carbonate, have been introduced...
- Assessment of survival in a 2-year comparative study of lanthanum carbonate versus standard therapyR Wilson
Spica Consultants Ltd, Marlborough, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 25:3021-8. 2009..However, few studies have comprehensively evaluated the survival benefit associated with different phosphate binders. A post-hoc survival analysis was undertaken of lanthanum carbonate (Fosrenol *) versus standard therapy.
- A comparative study of 2 new phosphate binders (sevelamer and lanthanum carbonate) in routine clinical practiceMaria Dolores Arenas
Department of Nephrology, Hospital Perpetuo Socorro, Plaza Dr Gomez Ulla 15, Alicante, Spain
J Nephrol 23:683-92. 2010Lack of adherence may influence the efficiency of phosphate binders. Our clinical hypothesis was that if lanthanum carbonate (LC) might offer some advantage over sevelamer (S), that that would be in those patients in whom serum phosphate ..
- Dietary administration in rodent studies distorts the tissue deposition profile of lanthanum carbonate; brain deposition is a contamination artefact?Stephen J P Damment
Shire Pharmaceutical Development Ltd, Hampshire International Business Park, Chineham, Basingstoke, UK
Toxicol Lett 188:223-9. 2009b>Lanthanum carbonate is a non-calcium phosphate binder used to control hyperphosphataemia in patients with chronic kidney disease who are undergoing dialysis...
- Cognitive function in Stage 5 chronic kidney disease patients on hemodialysis: no adverse effects of lanthanum carbonate compared with standard phosphate-binder therapyP Altmann
Oxford Kidney Unit, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust and University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Kidney Int 71:252-9. 2007..Existing binders are effective but may be associated with important safety disadvantages. Lanthanum carbonate is a phosphate binder with demonstrated efficacy, safety, and tolerability in clinical trials...
- Lanthanum carbonate reduces phosphorus burden in patients with CKD stages 3 and 4: a randomized trialStuart M Sprague
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:178-85. 2009b>Lanthanum carbonate (FOSRENOL, Shire Pharmaceuticals) is an effective noncalcium, nonresin phosphate binder for the control of hyperphosphatemia in chronic kidney disease (CKD) stage 5 patients undergoing dialysis.
- A comparative review of the efficacy and safety of established phosphate binders: calcium, sevelamer, and lanthanum carbonateStuart M Sprague
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:3167-75. 2007..Three major classes of phosphate binders include calcium-based binders, sevelamer HCl, and lanthanum carbonate.
- Lanthanum carbonate vs. sevelamer hydrochloride for the reduction of serum phosphorus in hemodialysis patients: a crossover studyS M Sprague
NorthShore University Healthsystem, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Clin Nephrol 72:252-8. 2009The aim of this crossover study was to compare the reduction of serum phosphorus (SP) with fixed doses of the non-calcium-containing phosphate binders lanthanum carbonate (LC) and sevelamer hydrochloride (SH) in hemodialysis patients.
- Higher strength lanthanum carbonate provides serum phosphorus control with a low tablet burden and is preferred by patients and physicians: a multicenter studyRajnish Mehrotra
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90502, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1437-45. 2008..This phase IIIb trial assessed the efficacy of increased dosages (3000 to 4500 mg/d) of reformulated lanthanum carbonate (500-, 750-, and 1000-mg tablets) in nonresponders to dosages of up to 3000 mg/d.
- Efficacy and safety of lanthanum carbonate for reduction of serum phosphorus in patients with chronic renal failure receiving hemodialysisW F Finn
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Clin Nephrol 62:193-201. 2004b>Lanthanum carbonate is a highly effective phosphate binder with significant potential as a treatment for hyperphosphatemia in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Efficacy, tolerability, and safety of lanthanum carbonate in hyperphosphatemia: a 6-month, randomized, comparative trial versus calcium carbonateA J Hutchison
Manchester Institute of Nephrology and Transplantation, The Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Nephron Clin Pract 100:c8-19. 2005..Existing oral phosphate binders have not permitted control of serum phosphate within currently accepted guidelines. This study compares lanthanum carbonate with calcium carbonate for control of serum phosphate in hemodialysis patients.
- Multicenter prospective randomized, double-blind comparative study between lanthanum carbonate and calcium carbonate as phosphate binders in Japanese hemodialysis patients with hyperphosphatemiaT Shigematsu
Division of Nephrology and Blood Purification Medicine, Department of Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, School of Medicine, Wakayama City, Japan
Clin Nephrol 70:404-10. 2008The efficacy of lanthanum carbonate as a phosphate binder for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia has been reported, but not from a double-blind, comparator-controlled comparative study.
- Improvements in renal osteodystrophy in patients treated with lanthanum carbonate for two yearsH H Malluche
Division of Nephrology, Bone and Mineral Metabolism, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Clin Nephrol 70:284-95. 2008To investigate the evolution of renal osteodystrophy in patients on maintenance dialysis, treated with lanthanum carbonate (LC) vs. standard phosphate-binder therapy (Stx).
- A long-term, open-label extension study on the safety of treatment with lanthanum carbonate, a new phosphate binder, in patients receiving hemodialysisWilliam F Finn
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7155, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 21:657-64. 2005b>Lanthanum carbonate, a new phosphate binder, is effective in reducing serum phosphorus levels in patients with end-stage renal disease...
- Hepatocellular transport and gastrointestinal absorption of lanthanum in chronic renal failureAn R J Bervoets
Laboratory of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine, Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Kidney Int 75:389-98. 2009b>Lanthanum carbonate is a new phosphate binder that is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and eliminated largely by the liver...
- Lack of an endothelial store-operated Ca2+ current impairs agonist-dependent vasorelaxation in TRP4-/- miceM Freichel
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Universitat des Saarlandes, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 3:121-7. 2001....
- Reducing high phosphate levels in patients with chronic renal failure undergoing dialysis: a 4-week, dose-finding, open-label study with lanthanum carbonateAlastair J Hutchison
Manchester Institute of Nephrology and Transplantation, The Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1902-6. 2004The majority of patients with end-stage renal disease on dialysis are hyperphosphataemic. Lanthanum carbonate has been shown to be a highly effective phosphate binder in pre-clinical studies...
- Induction of early bolting in Arabidopsis thaliana by triacontanol, cerium and lanthanum is correlated with increased endogenous concentration of isopentenyl adenosine (iPAdos)Ya Wen He
Department of Biological Sciences, 14 Science Drive 4, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
J Exp Bot 53:505-12. 2002The effects of triacontanol (TRIA), applied singly or in combination with cerium nitrate and lanthanum nitrate, on bolting of Arabidopsis thaliana were studied. Triacontanol (0.1 to 0...
- Lanthanum prevents high phosphate-induced vascular calcification by preserving vascular smooth muscle lineage markersPaola Ciceri
Laboratory of Experimental Nephrology, Dipartimento di Scienze della Salute, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
Calcif Tissue Int 92:521-30. 2013..The aim of this work was to study the mechanism of action of lanthanum chloride (LaCl3) on the progression of Pi-induced VC through its direct effect on vascular smooth muscle cells (..
- The cost-effectiveness of lanthanum carbonate in the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in patients with end-stage renal diseaseAlan Brennan
Health Economics and Decision Science, ScHARR, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Value Health 10:32-41. 2007To assess the cost-effectiveness of lanthanum carbonate (LC) as a second-line therapy for hyperphosphatemia in end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients not achieving target phosphorus levels.
- Effects of lanthanum and lanthanum-modified clay on growth, survival and reproduction of Daphnia magnaMiquel Lürling
Aquatic Ecology and Water Quality Management Group, Department of Environmental Sciences, Wageningen University, P O Box 47, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Water Res 44:309-19. 2010The novel lanthanum-modified clay water treatment technology (Phoslock seems very promising in remediation of eutrophied waters...
- Effectiveness and cost-efficacy of phosphate binders in hemodialysisSophie Brunner-Ziegler
Gesundheit Osterreich GmbH, Vienna, Austria
Ann Nutr Metab 58:315-9. 2011..Besides the traditional therapies with calcium and aluminium salts, sevelamer and lanthanum represent recent developments on the market...
- Effects of lanthanum and cerium on the vegetable growth of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seedlingsX Hu
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of Environment, Nanjing University, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 69:727-33. 2002
- Lanthanum carbonate: time to abandon prejudices?D Brancaccio
Department of Nephrology, University of Milan at San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Kidney Int 71:190-2. 2007Since lanthanum carbonate has become available there has been much interest in its use as a non-calcium-containing phosphate binder, but also much speculation among scientists about possible aluminum-like toxicity...
- Impact of lanthanum carbonate on cortical bone in dialysis patients with adynamic bone diseaseAiji Yajima
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Ther Apher Dial 17:41-8. 2013..We treated hyperphosphatemia in two hemodialysis patients with adynamic bone disease with 750-1500 mg/day of lanthanum carbonate, which is a non-calcium containing phosphate binder; the treatment resulted in a decrease of the serum ..
- Lanthanum carbonate inhibits intestinal oxalate absorption and prevents nephrocalcinosis after oxalate loading in ratsStef Robijn
Laboratory of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
J Urol 189:1960-6. 2013..b>Lanthanum carbonate is an intestinal phosphate binder that is orally administered to patients on dialysis to treat ..
- Phosphate handling in CKD-MBD from stage 3 to dialysis and the three strengths of lanthanum carbonateMario Cozzolino
Renal Division and Laboratory of Experimental Nephrology, Dipartimento di Scienze della Salute, Universita di Milano, S Paolo Hospita, Via A Di Rudini 8, Milan, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 13:2337-53. 2012..Phosphate load is thereafter involved in the progression of vascular calcification (VC) and bone disorder typical of CKD-MBD...
- Long-term treatment with lanthanum carbonate reduces mineral and bone abnormalities in rats with chronic renal failureStephen Damment
Shire Pharmaceuticals, Basingstoke, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:1803-12. 2011b>Lanthanum carbonate (FOSRENOL(®), Shire Pharmaceuticals) is an effective non-calcium, non-resin phosphate binder for the treatment of hyperphosphataemia in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Pharmacology of the phosphate binder, lanthanum carbonateStephen J P Damment
Shire Pharmaceuticals, Hampshire International Business Park, Chineham, Basingstoke, UK
Ren Fail 33:217-24. 2011Studies were conducted to compare the phosphate-binding efficacy of lanthanum carbonate directly with other clinically used phosphate binders and to evaluate any potential adverse pharmacology...
- The trp gene is essential for a light-activated Ca2+ channel in Drosophila photoreceptorsR C Hardie
Department of Zoology, Cambridge University, England
Neuron 8:643-51. 1992....
- Lanthanum carbonate for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in CKD 5D: multicenter, double blind, randomized, controlled trial in mainland ChinaJing Xu
Department of Nephrology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
BMC Nephrol 14:29. 2013..Serum phosphorus control is critical for chronic kidney disease (CKD) 5D patients. Currently, clinical profile for an oral phosphorus binder in the mainland Chinese population is not available...
- The acute and chronic toxicity of lanthanum to Daphnia carinataM J Barry
Key Centre for Applied and Nutritional Toxicology, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia
Chemosphere 41:1669-74. 2000..This study measured the acute and chronic toxicity of one REE, lanthanum (La), to Daphnia carinata...
- Effect of lanthanum carbonate on phosphate control in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patients in Korea: a randomized prospective studyYong Kyu Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Nephrology Division, Severance Hospital, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Nephrol 79:136-42. 2013..Hyperphosphatemia is a common complication in end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients. Reducing the serum phosphate level is crucial in management of ESRD...
- Randomized crossover study of the efficacy and safety of sevelamer hydrochloride and lanthanum carbonate in Japanese patients undergoing hemodialysisSatoshi Kasai
Department of Internal Medicine, Japanese Red Cross Ishinomaki Hospital, Ishinomaki, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 16:341-9. 2012..arterial calcification, newly developed calcium-free phosphate binders, such as sevelamer hydrochloride (SH) and lanthanum carbonate (LC), have received much attention...
- Enlargement and contracture of C2-ceramide channelsLeah J Siskind
Department of Biology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742 USA
Biophys J 85:1560-75. 2003..The results are consistent with ceramides forming barrel-stave channels whose size can change by loss or insertion of multiple ceramide columns...
- High concentrations of cadmium, cerium and lanthanum in indoor air due to environmental tobacco smokeAntje Böhlandt
Institute and Outpatient Clinic for Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Sci Total Environ 414:738-41. 2012..and a substantial threat to human health, but data on the concentrations of the trace metals cerium (Ce) and lanthanum (La) in context with ETS exposure are scarce...
- Lanthanum carbonate reduces urine phosphorus excretion: evidence of high-capacity phosphate bindingMichael Pennick
Shire Pharmaceuticals Group Plc, Basingstoke, UK
Ren Fail 34:263-70. 2012..Following a screening period of ≤28 days, participants received differing tablets containing lanthanum carbonate [LC, 3000 mg/day of elemental lanthanum (in one study other doses were also used)]...
- Effect of lanthanum carbonate vs. calcium carbonate on serum calcium in hemodialysis patients: a crossover studyTatsunori Toida
Chiyoda Hospital, Japan
Clin Nephrol 78:216-23. 2012b>Lanthanum carbonate (LC) is a non-calcium-containing phosphate binder and shows a comparable effect with other phosphate binders on hyperphosphatemia in dialysis patients...
- [The influence of lanthanum chloride on the TNFalpha expression of murine peritoneal macrophages stimulated by lipopolysaccharide]Yang Wang
Department of Burns, The First Affiliated Hospital, Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang 330006 Jiang xi Province, P R China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 18:102-4. 2002To explore the influence of lanthanum chloride on the TNFalpha expression of murine peritoneal macrophages stimulated by lipopolysaccharide (LPS).
- [Inhibitory effect of lanthanum chloride on the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase in RAW264.7 macrophages induced by lipopolysaccharide]Yuan Lei Lou
Institute of Urinary Surgery, the First Affiniated Hospital, Nanchang University, Nanchang, P R China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 23:280-3. 2007To explore the influence of lanthanum chloride (LaCl3) on inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression in RAW264.7 macrophages with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) induction, and to investigate its possible mechanisms.
- A modified technique for the impregnation of lanthanum tracer to study the integrity of tight junctions on cells grown on a permeable substrateHarriet Nilsson
Department of Medical Cell Biology, University of Uppsala, SE 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
Microsc Res Tech 69:776-83. 2006Ionic lanthanum is commonly used to trace permeability pathways across epithelia and endothelia in biological electron microscopy. A method for obtaining a uniformly dense precipitate of lanthanum is described...
- Selective dehydration of bio-ethanol to ethylene catalyzed by lanthanum-phosphorous-modified HZSM-5: influence of the fuselYaochi Hu
College of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing, China
Biotechnol J 5:1186-91. 2010..We demonstrated that the introduction of lanthanum and phosphorous to HZSM-5 could weaken the negative influence of fusel on the formation of ethylene...
- Penetration pathways induced by low-frequency sonophoresis with physical and chemical enhancers: iron oxide nanoparticles versus lanthanum nitratesSang Eun Lee
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Invest Dermatol 130:1063-72. 2010..In this study, we examined the penetration pathway of lanthanum nitrate (LaNO(3)) tracer in viable epidermis after combined treatment of LFS and tape stripping (TS), as a ..
- Column biosorption of lanthanum and europium by SargassumVivian Diniz
Department of Chemical Engineering, McGill University, 3610 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B2
Water Res 42:363-71. 2008Batch and column biosorption of La(3+) (lanthanum) and Eu(3+) (europium) was studied using protonated Sargassum polycystum biomass...
- Conversion to lanthanum carbonate monotherapy effectively controls serum phosphorus with a reduced tablet burden: a multicenter open-label studyNirupama Vemuri
Department of Medicine Nephrology, Sierra View District Hospital, Porterville, CA, USA
BMC Nephrol 12:49. 2011b>Lanthanum carbonate (FOSRENOL®) is an effective, well-tolerated phosphate binder. The ability of lanthanum to reduce serum phosphorus levels to ≤5...
- Effectiveness of lanthanum carbonate treatment used in combination with other phosphate binders in peritoneal dialysis patientsShunsuke Yamada
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Japan
Intern Med 51:2097-104. 2012..We evaluated the long-term efficacy and side effects of lanthanum carbonate (LaC) used in combination with other phosphate binders in PD patients.
- [Effects of lanthanum chloride on proliferation and migration of human cervical cancer cell line HeLa cells]Si sun Liu
Department of Obstetric and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang 330006, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 45:609-13. 2010To investigate the effects of lanthanum chloride on proliferation and migration activity of human cervical cancer cells in vitro which may be a new anti-cervical cancer drug and provide experimental data for cervical cancer treatment.
- Stimulation of taxol production and excretion in Taxus spp cell cultures by rare earth chemical lanthanumJ Wu
Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
J Biotechnol 85:67-73. 2001The trivalent ion of a rare earth element, lanthanum, was tested for elicitor-like effects on taxol production in suspension cultures of four different Taxus spp cells. In T...
- The neuroprotective role of L-cysteine towards the effects of short-term exposure to lanthanum on the adult rat brain antioxidant status and the activities of acetylcholinesterase, (Na+,K+)- and Mg2+-ATPaseCharis Liapi
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Biometals 22:329-35. 2009b>Lanthanum (La) is a rare earth element that is widely used for industrial, medical and agricultural purposes...
- Neurotoxicological consequence of long-term exposure to lanthanumLiuxing Feng
Key Laboratory of Nuclear Analytical Techniques, and Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 918, Beijing 100049, China
Toxicol Lett 165:112-20. 2006..Recently, a new medicine, lanthanum carbonate (Fosrenol), has been used to treat chronic renal failure (CRF), and the dosage is much higher than the ..
- Lanthanum fixation by Myxococcus xanthus: cellular location and extracellular polysaccharide observationM L Merroun
Departamento de Microbiologi a, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Avda Fuentenueva s n, 18071, Granada, Spain
Chemosphere 52:113-20. 2003..In addition, the presence of La in cell cytoplasm without cell degeneration suggests that this microorganism could be used as a model in the study of bacteria-lanthanide interactions...
- Photocytotoxic lanthanum(III) and gadolinium(III) complexes of phenanthroline bases showing light-induced DNA cleavage activityAkhtar Hussain
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Inorg Chem 49:4036-45. 2010..6 microM in dark with 24 h incubation). A significant decrease in the dark toxicity of the dppz base is observed on binding to the lanthanide ions while retaining similar phototoxicity...
- In utero and lactational lanthanum exposure induces olfactory dysfunction associated with downregulation of βIII-tubulin and olfactory marker protein in young ratsShuai Hao
Department of Otolaryngology, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, No 155, Nanjing North Street, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning 110001, People s Republic of China
Biol Trace Elem Res 148:383-91. 2012..of olfactory receptor neuron (ORN) and olfactory dysfunction in offspring caused by prenatal and postnatal lanthanum exposure. Pregnant rats were exposed to 0...
- Molecular and cellular mechanism of the effect of La(III) on horseradish peroxidaseLihong Wang
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Biofunctional Materials, College of Chemistry and Environmental Science, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, 210046, People s Republic of China
J Biol Inorg Chem 15:1063-9. 2010..It contains horseradish peroxidase (HRP) and lots of nutrients, and has specific pungency. Lanthanum is one of the heavy metals in the environment. It can transfer through the food chain to humans...
- Molecular structure of La3+-induced methanol dehydrogenase-like protein in Methylobacterium radiotoleransYoshihisa Hibi
United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 111:547-9. 2011..N-terminal amino acid sequences of these proteins revealed that La(3+)- and Ca(2+)-MDH-like proteins were encoded by xoxF and mxaFI, respectively...
- The effect of sevelamer carbonate and lanthanum carbonate on the pharmacokinetics of oral calcitriolDavid Pierce
Shire Pharmaceutical Development Ltd, Chineham, Hampshire, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:1615-21. 2011b>Lanthanum carbonate and sevelamer carbonate are non-calcium-based phosphate binders used to manage hyperphosphataemia in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Patients with CKD may require intravenous or oral active vitamin D...
- Biomimetic aminoacylation of ribonucleotides and RNA with aminoacyl phosphate esters and lanthanum saltsSvetlana Tzvetkova
Davenport Chemical Laboratories, Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON Canada M5S 3H6
J Am Chem Soc 129:15848-54. 2007..In stoichiometric combination with lanthanum salts in aqueous buffer, Boc-4-fluorophenylalanyl ethyl phosphate rapidly produces 2'- and 3'-monoesters of ..
- Blood tumor permeability of experimental brain tumor: an electron microscopic study using lanthanumTakayuki Kato
Department of Neurosurgery, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi Shi, Osaka, Japan
Neuropathology 25:21-6. 2005In an attempt to assess the permeability of microvessels in the experimental brain tumor model, lanthanum ion (La3+) was used as a low-molecular weight electron microscopic probe...
- Images in clinical medicine. Radiographic appearance of lanthanumSimon Cerny
University of Kiel, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
N Engl J Med 355:1160. 2006
- Study on biological effect of La3+ on Escherichia coli by atomic force microscopyPeng Liu
Department of Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
J Inorg Biochem 98:68-72. 2004..Lipopolysaccharide (LPS), which forms the outer membrane of Gram-negative bacteria, could not serve as the cellular envelope steadily after Ca2+ and Mg2+ released from their binding sites on the LPS patches...
- Effects of lanthanum on human lymphocytes viability and DNA strand breakAmanda V Paiva
Radiobiology Laboratory, Institute of Radiation Protection and Dosimetry, Brazilian Nuclear Energy Commission CNEN, SEMEX, Salvador Allende Avenue, s no, Recreio dos Bandeirantes, Rio de Janeiro 22780 160, RJ, Brazil
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 82:423-7. 2009b>Lanthanum (La) is a rare-earth metal with applications in agriculture, industry, and medicine. Since lanthanides show a broad spectrum of applications there is an increased risk of contamination for humans...
- Assessment of pharmacodynamic equivalence and tolerability of lanthanum carbonate oral powder and tablet formulations: a single-center, randomized, open-label, 2-period crossover study in healthy subjectsDavid Pierce
Shire Pharmaceutical Development Ltd, Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 34:1290-1300.e2. 2012..b>Lanthanum carbonate (LC) is a phosphate binder currently available as a chewable tablet...
- Heavy metal--rely on gut feelings: novel diagnostic approach to test drug compliance in patients with lanthanum intakeSascha David
Department of Nephrology, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2091-2. 2007
- The effects of calcium-based versus non-calcium-based phosphate binders on mortality among patients with chronic kidney disease: a meta-analysisSophie A Jamal
University of Toronto, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:3168-74. 2009..The effects of calcium compared with non-calcium-based phosphate binders on mortality, cardiovascular events and vascular calcification in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) are unknown...
- Lanthanum carbonateA J Freemont
University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Drugs Today (Barc) 42:759-70. 2006..The introduction of sevelamer hydrochloride represented a step change in management. Lanthanum carbonate is an alternative nonaluminium, noncalcium phosphate binder. Taken with food, it is well tolerated...
- Multidrug-resistant cancer cells are preferential targets of the new antineoplastic lanthanum compound KP772 (FFC24)P Heffeter
Institute of Cancer Research, Department of Medicine I, Medical University Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Biochem Pharmacol 73:1873-86. 2007Recently, we have introduced [tris(1,10-phenanthroline)lanthanum(III)] trithiocyanate (KP772, FFC24) as a new lanthanum compound which has promising anticancer properties in vivo and in vitro...
- Lanthanum potentiates GABA-activated currents in rat pyramidal neurons of CA1 hippocampal fieldA A Boldyreva
Brain Research Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow
Bull Exp Biol Med 140:403-5. 2005In CA1 hippocampal pyramidal neurons, lanthanum ions increased the amplitude of GABA-activated currents and shifted the dose-dependence curve to the left, which attests to increased affinity of GABAA-receptors to GABA...
- Three-year extension study of lanthanum carbonate therapy in Japanese hemodialysis patientsTakashi Shigematsu
Division of Nephrology and Blood Purification Medicine, Department of Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, 881 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 14:589-97. 2010b>Lanthanum carbonate is a non-aluminum, non-calcium phosphate binder. Its efficacy and its safety profile up to 1 year have been reported in Japanese hemodialysis patients.
- Clinical efficacy and cost-effectiveness of lanthanum carbonate as second-line therapy in hemodialysis patients in JapanShunsuke Goto
Division of Nephrology and Kidney Center, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1375-84. 2011b>Lanthanum carbonate (LC) is a nonaluminum, noncalcium phosphate binder that is effective for hyperphosphatemia in dialysis patients. However, its efficacy and cost-effectiveness as second-line therapy have not been fully examined.
- Overestimation of lumbar spine calcium with dual energy X-ray absorptiometry scanning due to the prescription of lanthanum carbonate in patients with chronic kidney diseaseAntje Fürstenberg
Centre for Nephrology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Am J Nephrol 32:425-31. 2010..b>Lanthanum carbonate is prescribed to chronic kidney disease patients as a non-calcium-containing phosphate binder, and as ..
- Combined therapy with lanthanum carbonate and calcium carbonate for hyperphosphatemia decreases serum FGF-23 level independently of calcium and PTH (COLC Study)Takashi Shigematsu
Division of Nephrology and Blood Purification Medicine, Department of Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1050-4. 2012..We evaluated the effect of combined therapy with lanthanum carbonate (LaC), a new phosphate binder and calcium carbonate (CaC) on serum levels of phosphate and FGF-23.
- Lanthanum carbonate is an effective hypophosphatemic agent for hemodialysis patients intolerant of other phosphate bindersWing Lam Winnie Chan
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Ren Nutr 20:270-7. 2010b>Lanthanum carbonate (LC) is a noncalcium-containing phosphate binder of proven utility in treating hyperphosphatemia in dialysis patients, and displays a good tolerability profile.
- Beam-hardening artifacts on computed tomography images caused by lanthanum carbonate hydrate in a patient on dialysisHiromitsu Hayashi
Department of Radiology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8602, Japan
Jpn J Radiol 28:322-4. 2010b>Lanthanum carbonate hydrate is a nonaluminum, noncalcium phosphate binder containing lanthanum (La). It is effective in decreasing the serum phosphate level in patients on dialysis...
- Aluminium triggers malate-independent potassium release via ion channels from the root apex in wheatHiroki Osawa
Research Institute for Bioresources, Okayama University, Kurashiki, Japan
Planta 215:405-12. 2002..b>Lanthanum (La(3+)) or ytterbium (Yb(3+)) strongly inhibited the K(+) efflux, but slightly increased malate efflux...
- Lanthanum carbonate (Fosrenol): a novel agent for the treatment of hyperphosphataemia in renal failure and dialysis patientsF Albaaj
Manchester Institute of Nephrology and Transplantation, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, UK
Int J Clin Pract 59:1091-6. 2005..b>Lanthanum carbonate is a non-calcium, non-aluminium phosphate-binding agent...
- Phosphate binder usage in kidney failure patientsAnthony J Bleyer
Section on Nephrology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:941-7. 2003..Other agents under development include lanthanum carbonate and iron-complex preparations...
- Effect of lanthanum carbonate treatment on bone in Japanese dialysis patients with hyperphosphatemiaTakashi Shigematsu
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Blood Purification Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Ther Apher Dial 15:176-84. 2011b>Lanthanum carbonate (LC), a newly developed non-calcium-containing phosphate binder, has been shown to possess high phosphate-binding capacity and safety when used for hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic kidney disease undergoing ..
- Ecotoxicological assessment of lanthanum with Caenorhabditis elegans in liquid mediumHaifeng Zhang
CAS Key Laboratory of Nuclear Analytical Techniques, CAS Key Lab for Biomedical Effects of Nanomaterials and Nanosafety, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100049, China
Metallomics 2:806-10. 2010..organism and life-cycle endpoints were chosen along with elemental assay to evaluate the aquatic toxicity of lanthanum (La), a representative of REEs...
- Fluoride removal using lanthanum incorporated chitosan beadsAmit Bansiwal
National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 74:216-24. 2009..b>Lanthanum incorporated chitosan beads (LCB) were prepared using precipitation method...
- Analytical electron microscopical investigations on the apoplastic pathways of lanthanum transport in barley rootsH Lehmann
Institut für Tierökologie und Zellbiologie, Tierarztliche Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Planta 211:816-22. 2000In transmission electron microscopy studies, lanthanum ions have been used as electron-opaque tracers to delineate the apoplastic pathways for ion transport in barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) roots...
- Actin-based endosome and phagosome rocketing in macrophages: activation by the secretagogue antagonists lanthanum and zincFrederick S Southwick
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610 0277, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 54:41-55. 2003..We now demonstrate that bone marrow macrophages treated with lanthanum and zinc ions, well-known secretagogue antagonists, reliably exhibit vesicle motility...
- Pilot Studies Targeting Mineral Metabolism in Chronic Kidney DiseaseMYLES S WOLF; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Pilot Study 1, we will conduct a 6-month, randomized, 3 x 2 study of 150 CKD stage 3-4 patients of lanthanum versus sevelamer versus...
- Acquisition of a Cryo-Electron MicroscopeSusan Hafenstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..cryoEM) to be acquired is a JEOL JEM-2100 that is a 200 kV Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), with a Lanthanum Boride (LaB6) emitter, a full Cryo package and a stage-tilting capability for tomography...
- RADIOLOGIC ASPECTS OF CEREBROSPINAL FLUID ABSORPTIONDaniel Gomez; Fiscal Year: 1990..and lanthanum chloride (400 daltons)...
- Transparent Nanophotonic Scintillator for X-ray ImagingZhitao Kang; Fiscal Year: 2013..5x2.5cm, d1mm in thickness) embedded with Tb3+ or Ce3+, Tb3+ co-doped gadolinium halide or lanthanum halide nanophosphors with a ratio up to 70wt%, (2) to design and construct PC lattice structures on the ..
- Time-of-flight PET for Improved whole-body imagingJoel S Karp; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have developed PET detectors, both lanthanum bromide (LaBr3) and lutetium (yttrium) oxyorthosilicate (LYSO), which have excellent timing performance for TOF ..
- Detector Concepts for Time-of-Flight PETJoel S Karp; Fiscal Year: 2013..The specific aims include 1) develop detector concepts to improve timing resolution with lanthanum bromide scintillators and silicon photo-multipliers, 2) explore ways to measure depth-of-interaction (DOI) while ..
- One Dimensional Hand Held Gamma Ray ScannerFARHAD DAGHIGHIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..couple a 1x8 array of SSPM to a 3x4x50 mm slab of novel and recently discovered scintillating crystal called Lanthanum Bromide (LaBr3:Cr)...
- PURIFIED TESTIS ANTIGENS AND TESTICULAR AUTOIMMUNITYKenneth Tung; Fiscal Year: 1991..status of the blood-testis (BT) barrier during early testicular changes will be investigated by permeation of lanthanum, peroxidase and fluorescent dextran...
- NEW FIBEROPTIC SCREENS AND FILTRATION FOR X-RAY IMAGINGAndrew Karellas; Fiscal Year: 1990..and transmission spectra will also be investigated for some important k-edge filters (erbium, gadolinium, lanthanum and samarium)...
- CALCIUM ION INTERACTIONS IN DEVELOPING DENTAL TISSUESDALE EISENMANN; Fiscal Year: 1990..The following experimental agents will be utilized: calcium antagonists cobalt, verapamil, lanthanum and tetracaine; Ca+2-Mg+2 ATPase inhibitors quercetin and ethacrynic acid; the hormone calcitonin; the anti-..
- NMR STUDY OF METAL-ION COMPLEXATIONANTHONY FRATIELLO; Fiscal Year: 1990..The metal-ions to be used are trivalent lanthanum, lutetium, and yttrium, all strong complexing agents varying in size, and electronic and magnetic properties...
- BLOOD PRESSURE AND PROXIMAL TUBULE TRANSPORTFRANKLYN KNOX; Fiscal Year: 2000..The efflux and influx of the extracellular fluid marker, lanthanum, between the renal proximal tubule lumen and interstitium will be used as a measure of paracellular transport ..
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL CYTOSKELETON IN HYPEROXIASusan Harding; Fiscal Year: 1992..intracellular calcium concentration in normal and oxygen exposed cells and ask whether the calcium antagonist lanthanum chloride alters actin polymerization in these cells...
- Lanthanides as Novel Anti-Arthritic AgentsChristopher Evans; Fiscal Year: 2004..Three different members of the lanthanide series will be tested: lanthanum (Ln3+), the largest member of the series, gadolinium (Gd3+), which lies in the middle of the series and has been ..
- Pb-Qdot Direct Gamma DetectorsIRVING WEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., lanthanum bromide)...
- Synthesis via Metal-Catalyzed and Cationic CyclizationsTHOMAS STUART LIVINGHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2010..have shown that a variety of non-metallocene complexes of the group 3 metals (particularly yttrium, scandium, lanthanum, lutetium and neodymium) are versatile and highly selective catalysts for the intramolecular hydroamination of ..
- COMPARATIVE VERTEBRATE AMELOGENESISKENNETH PROSTAK; Fiscal Year: 1990..and protein resorption functions of odontogenic cells regulating matrix mineralization will be determined by lanthanum nitrate and horseradish peroxidase tracer methodology and phosphatase activity...
- OVARIAN AGING: MORPHOGENESIS OF A SEROUS CYSTADENOMASTEVEN QUATTROPANI; Fiscal Year: 1980..will include scanning and transmission electron microscopy, thymidine incorporation, Horseradish peroxidase and lanthanum tracing, lectin staining and electron microscopic demonstration of phosphatase activities...
- CALCIUM AND EPITHELIAL TRANSPORTWadi Suki; Fiscal Year: 1990..The role of membrane-bound calcium and calcium-stimulated C-kinase activity will be examined by the addition of lanthanum and phorbol esters, respectively, to the perfusing and/or bathing solutions...
- Injured Muscle: Effect on Neutrophil FunctionFRANCIS PIZZA; Fiscal Year: 2003..will be quantified using a 51Cr release assay and will be qualitatively assessed via electron microscopy, using lanthanum as an extracellular tracer...
- PET Scanner with Time-of-flight Capability using LaBrJOEL KARP; Fiscal Year: 2003..for this grant application will be the investigation, design, and construction of a 3-D PET scanner based on new Lanthanum scintillators...
- PET Scanner with Time-of-flight Capability using LaBrJOEL KARP; Fiscal Year: 2005..for this grant application will be the investigation, design, and construction of a 3-D PET scanner based on new Lanthanum scintillators...
- Photomultiplier Chip(TM) for ultra-fast TOF-PETERIC S HARMON; Fiscal Year: 2010..The photodetector module will be coupled to a fast scintillator (cerium-doped lanthanum bromide), providing an ultimate capability to achieve ultra-fast TOF-PET with coincidence resolution better than ..
- ANALYSIS OF THE CF SERUM CALCIUM TRANSPORT FACTORMARTIN BANSCHBACH; Fiscal Year: 1980..Calcium uptake is examined using extracellular (45 Ca) coupled with a lanthanum wash. Calcium efflux is examined using (45Ca)-labelled leukocytes...
- Pharmacokinetics & Genomics in Glomerular DiseasesMELANIE JOY; Fiscal Year: 2008..The selection of collaborators with expertise in the areas of this grant will enhance the career development of Dr. Joy. ..
- Ichthyosis in Sjogren-Larsson SyndromeWilliam B Rizzo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CA2+ SENSING RECEPTOR EXPRESSION IN HYPERPARATHYROIDISMAlex Brown; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF SKELETAL GROWTH IN RENAL FAILURECHERYL SANCHEZ; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Flourescent Ceramic Nanoprobes (RMI)TIMOTHY BOYLE; Fiscal Year: 2008..All of the innovations uncovered during the preparation of these nanoprobes will be shared in order to benefit medical research applications beyond those proposed in this investigation. ..
- Gut Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury: Modulation by NutrientsRosemary Kozar; Fiscal Year: 2006..The sponsors are an integral part of this arrangement and are especially suited to ensure success of the proposed project...
- 2005 Cilia, Mucus, and Mucociliary Interactions GRCMatthias Salathe; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, poster sessions will complement the plenary sessions and free afternoons will further enable idea exchanges between scientists. ..
- CILIARY FUNCTION AND DIFFERENTIATION OF AIRWAY EPITHELIAMatthias Salathe; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, the studies using microarrays will generate new information on specific signaling pathways and may well serve to identify components of regulatory pathways that were unknown. ..
- Regulation of the Cardiac Na/Ca ExchangerJohn Reeves; Fiscal Year: 2009..Transfected CHO cells will be used in Aims 1-4. Digital imaging techniques using fluorescent Ca probes will be used to measureNCX transport activity. ..
- Thick scintillation detector with continuous positioning & DOI capability for PETSuleman Surti; Fiscal Year: 2008..Hence, thick continuous detectors have the potential to significantly impact the clinical imaging situation and the resultant patient treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..