Genomes and Genes
Summary: Chromic acid (H2Cr2O7), dipotassium salt. A compound having bright orange-red crystals and used in dyeing, staining, tanning leather, as bleach, oxidizer, depolarizer for dry cells, etc. Medically it has been used externally as an astringent, antiseptic, and caustic. When taken internally, it is a corrosive poison.
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Rosacea and contact allergy to cosmetics and topical medicaments--retrospective analysis of multicentre surveillance data 1995-2002U Jappe
Department of Dermatology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 52:96-101. 2005..3%, fragrance mix in 8.8%, thimerosal in 6.9%, Myroxylon pereirae resin in 5.9%, potassium dichromate in 4.6% and propolis in 2.8%...
- Cr(III) reactivity and foot dermatitis in Cr(VI) positive patientsMalene Barre Hansen
Department of Dermatology, The National Allergy Research Centre, University of Copenhagen, Gentofte Hospital, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 54:140-4. 2006..5% potassium dichromate (Cr(VI)) and 13% chromium trichloride (Cr(III)). A total of 71 (3...
- Chromium (VI)-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis is reduced by garlic and its derivative S-allylcysteine through the activation of Nrf2 in the hepatocytes of Wistar ratsSrinivasan Kalayarasan
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, India
J Appl Toxicol 28:908-19. 2008..w.) and S-allylcysteine (SAC; 100 mg kg(-1) b.w.) on potassium dichromate-induced apoptosis and oxidative stress in the hepatocytes of Wistar rats...
- Potassium dichromate induced cytotoxicity, genotoxicity and oxidative stress in human liver carcinoma (HepG2) cellsAnita K Patlolla
Molecular Toxicology Research Laboratory, NIH Center for Environmental Health, CSET, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:643-53. 2009..between cytotoxicity, genotoxicity and oxidative stress, in human liver carcinoma [HepG2] cells exposed to potassium dichromate. HepG2 cells were cultured following standard protocols and exposed to various concentrations [0-50 microM] ..
- Alpha-tocopherol protects against the renal damage caused by potassium dichromateLaura Arreola-Mendoza
Sección Externa de Toxicología, CINVESTAV, Ave IPN 2508, Col San Pedro Zacatenco, Mexico, DF 07360, Mexico
Toxicology 218:237-46. 2006..involvement of the different segments that form the nephron in a model of acute renal failure caused by potassium dichromate and the participation of oxidative damage in this process...
- S-allylcysteine scavenges singlet oxygen and hypochlorous acid and protects LLC-PK(1) cells of potassium dichromate-induced toxicityOmar Noel Medina-Campos
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Biologia, Edificio F, Sequndo Piso, Laboratorio 209, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510, D F, Mexico
Food Chem Toxicol 45:2030-9. 2007..the IC(50) values using in vitro assays, and (c) to explore the potential ability of SAC to ameliorate the potassium dichromate (K(2)Cr(2)O(7))-induced cytotoxicity in LLC-PK1 cells in which oxidative stress is involved...
- Zea mays L. protein changes in response to potassium dichromate treatmentsM Labra
DISAT, Universita di Milano Bicocca, p zza della Scienza 1, 20126 Milano, Italy
Chemosphere 62:1234-44. 2006..The present investigation was undertaken to examine the influence of different concentrations of potassium dichromate on the Zea mays L. plantlets...
- Protective effects of garlic powder against potassium dichromate-induced oxidative stress and nephrotoxicityJosé Pedraza-Chaverri
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Biologia, Edificio F, Segundo Piso, Laboratorio 209, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 D F, Mexico
Food Chem Toxicol 46:619-27. 2008b>Potassium dichromate (K(2)Cr(2)O(7))-induced nephrotoxicity is associated with oxidative stress...
- Successful treatment of a patient suffering from severe acute potassium dichromate poisoning with liver transplantationA Stift
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, University of Vienna, Austria
Transplantation 69:2454-5. 2000Oral ingestion of potassium dichromate produces a complex spectrum of complications. It has an extremely poor prognosis and usually leads to rapid death.
- Pycnogenol prevents potassium dichromate K2Cr2O7-induced oxidative damage and nephrotoxicity in ratsKehkashan Parveen
Department of Biochemistry, Lipid Metabolism Laboratory, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, New Delhi 110062, India
Chem Biol Interact 181:343-50. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine the modulating impacts of PYC on potassium dichromate K2Cr2O7-induced oxidative damage and nephrotoxicity in rats. Male Wistar rats were divided into four groups...
- Nephroprotective action of tocotrienol-rich fraction (TRF) from palm oil against potassium dichromate (K 2 Cr 2 O 7)-induced acute renal injury in ratsMohd Rashid Khan
Department of Biochemistry, Lipid Metabolism Laboratory, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, New Delhi 110062, India
Chem Biol Interact 186:228-38. 2010..In the present study, ARI induced by potassium dichromate (K(2)Cr(2)O(7)) has been used as a model to investigate the possible nephroprotective effect of tocotrienol-..
- Protective effect of SnCl2 on K2Cr2O7-induced nephrotoxicity in rats: the indispensability of HO-1 preinduction and lack of association with some antioxidant enzymesDiana Barrera
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Edificio B, Segundo Piso, Lab 209, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico, DF, Mexico
Life Sci 73:3027-41. 2003We have shown that the ameliorative effect of stannous chloride (SnCl2) pretreatment on potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7)-induced renal damage 24 h after K2Cr2O7 injection was associated with the induction of heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1)...
- Use of in vitro release of interferon-gamma in the diagnosis of contact allergy to potassium dichromate - a controlled studyA Trattner
Department of Dermatology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Contact Dermatitis 48:191-3. 2003The use of in vitro release of interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) in the diagnosis of contact allergy to potassium dichromate was studied in 20 patients who had positive patch tests to chromate and in 30 control subjects (10 patients with ..
- The effect of potassium dichromate on free radical processes in goldfish: possible protective role of glutathioneOleh V Lushchak
Department of Biochemistry, Precarpathian National University named after Vassyl Stefanyk, 57 Shevchenko Street, Ivano Frankivsk 76025, Ukraine
Aquat Toxicol 87:108-14. 2008The effects of 96 h exposure to Cr(6+) (added as potassium dichromate) on the status of antioxidant defenses and markers of oxidative damage were evaluated in three tissues of goldfish, Carassius auratus...
- A comparison of the in vitro genotoxicity of tri- and hexavalent chromiumJ Blasiak
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Lodz, Banacha 12 16, 90 237, Lodz, Poland
Mutat Res 469:135-45. 2000..b>Potassium dichromate induced DNA damage in the lymphocytes, measured as the increase in comet tail moment...
- Oral administration of potassium dichromate inhibits brush border membrane enzymes and alters anti-oxidant status of rat intestineN A Arivarasu
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, UP, India
Arch Toxicol 82:951-8. 2008b>Potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7) is a soluble hexavalent chromium compound that is widely used in several industries...
- Genetic and DNA-methylation changes induced by potassium dichromate in Brassica napus LMassimo Labra
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e del Territorio, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 1, 20126 Milano, Italy
Chemosphere 54:1049-58. 2004This study evaluated genetic and DNA methylation alteration induced by potassium dichromate in Brassica napus L. plants...
- Application of potassium dichromate and iron-thiocyanate in the spectrophotometric investigations of phenothiazinesK Basavaiah
Department of Studies in Chemistry, University of Mysore, India
Farmaco 56:579-85. 2001..The method is based on the oxidation of phenothiazines by a known excess amount of potassium dichromate followed by the estimation of unreacted amount of dichromate by reacting with excess of iron(II) and ..
- HO-1 induction attenuates renal damage and oxidative stress induced by K2Cr2O7Diana Barrera
Department of Biology, School of Chemistry, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico City, Mexico
Free Radic Biol Med 34:1390-8. 2003..The expression and functional role of HO-1 in rats with renal injury induced by potassium dichromate (K(2)Cr(2)O(7)) was investigated in this work...
- Comparison of viability and infectivity of Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts stored in potassium dichromate solution and chlorinated tap waterFu Chen
College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, Jiangsu Province, China
Vet Parasitol 150:13-7. 2007..5% potassium dichromate (Cr) or chlorinated tap water, respectively...
- Nordihydroguaiaretic acid attenuates potassium dichromate-induced oxidative stress and nephrotoxicityPaola Yam-Canul
Facultad de Quimica, Departamento de Biologia, Edificio F, Segundo Piso, Laboratorio 209, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico, Mexico
Food Chem Toxicol 46:1089-96. 2008..On the other hand, potassium dichromate (K(2)Cr(2)O(7))-induced nephrotoxicity is associated with oxidative stress...
- Influence of potassium dichromate on tracheal secretions in critically ill patientsMichael Frass
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Homeopathy, Duerergasse 4, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Chest 127:936-41. 2005..study with parallel assignment was performed to assess the influence of sublingually administered potassium dichromate C30 on the amount of tenacious, stringy tracheal secretions in critically ill patients with a history of ..
- In vivo genotoxic effect of potassium dichromate in mice leukocytes using comet assayK Dana Devi
Deccan College of Medical Sciences and Owaisi Hospital and Research Centre, Hyderabad, Andrhra Pradesh, India
Food Chem Toxicol 39:859-65. 2001..In the present investigation, single-/double-stranded DNA breaks by potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7) in mice, a sensitive model for genotoxic effects, have been studied in vivo using alkaline single-..
- The effect of nickel sulphate, potassium dichromate, cobalt nitrate and cadmium sulphate on the proteins of cellular contacts and actin skeleton of cultivated human keratinocytesA Lozsekova
1st Department of Dermatovenerology, Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University Bratislava, Slovakia
Bratisl Lek Listy 103:254-9. 2002The authors tested the effects of known allergens, namely nickel sulphate, potassium dichromate, cobalt nitrate and cytotoxic cadmium sulphate on the proteins of cellular contacts (vinculin, talin, E-cadherin, desmoplaktin) and actin ..
- Effects of taurine on oxidative stress parameters and chromium levels altered by acute hexavalent chromium exposure in mice kidney tissueI Ipek Boşgelmez
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ankara University, Tandogan, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 102:209-25. 2004..Single intraperitoneal (ip) potassium dichromate treatment (20 mgCr/kg), as Cr(VI) compound, significantly elevated the level of lipid peroxidation as ..
- Role of different valence states of chromium in the elicitation of allergic contact dermatitisV J Iyer
Environmental Safety Laboratory, Hindustan Lever Research Centre, Chakala, Andheri E, Mumbai, India
Contact Dermatitis 47:357-60. 2002..Of the 48 volunteers who completed the study, 30 did not show any positive response to either potassium dichromate, the positive control, or the detergent bar containing chromium (III)...
- Patch-test results of an academic department in Izmir, TurkeyIlgen Ertam
Department of Dermatology, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Dermatitis 19:213-5. 2008..The aim of this retrospective study was to determine the distribution of patch-test results by age, gender, and occupation in our region...
- Contact sensitization of older patients in an academic department in Naples, ItalyAnna Balato
Department of Dermatology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Dermatitis 19:209-12. 2008..Exposure patterns change over time because of many factors (sex, age, occupation, fashion trends, official regulations), and the delayed hypersensitivity response depends significantly on the age of the subject...
- Prevalence of patch test results from 1970 to 2002 in a multi-centre population in North America (NACDG)Shawn H Nguyen
Department of Dermatology, University of California at San Francisco Medical School, San Francisco, CA 94143 0989, USA
Contact Dermatitis 58:101-6. 2008....
- Potassium dichromate increases the micronucleus frequency in the crayfish Procambarus clarkiiE de la Sienra
Depto de Medicina Genómica y Toxicología Ambiental, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, A P 70 228, Ciudad Universitaria, 04510, D F Mexico
Environ Pollut 126:367-70. 2003..The frequency of micronucleated cells significantly correlated with the amount of potassium dichromate in water and with the amount of chromium found in gills.
- Prevention of chromate induced oxidative stress by alpha-lipoic acidRoli Budhwar
Environmental Carcinogenesis Section, Industrial Toxicology Research Center, Post Box 80, MG Marg, Lucknow 226001, UP, India
Indian J Exp Biol 43:531-5. 2005..An improved status of the tissue antioxidants by LA appeared to be the mechanism of mitigation. The results are of chemopreventive value and suggest a possible alternative to ascorbic acid for abrogation of Cr toxicity...
- Induction of cytokine (interleukin-1alpha and tumor necrosis factor-alpha) and chemokine (CCL20, CCL27, and CXCL8) alarm signals after allergen and irritant exposureS W Spiekstra
Department of Dermatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Dermatol 14:109-16. 2005..of these alarm signals after exposure of skin residential cells to contact allergens (nickel sulfate and potassium dichromate) and a contact irritant [sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS)]...
- Physiological responses of Juncus effusus (Rush) to chromium and relevance for wastewater treatment in constructed wetlandsH Gruber
Department of Bioremediation, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig, Germany
Int J Phytoremediation 10:77-88. 2008....
- Hexavalent chromium ingestion: biological markers of nephrotoxicity and genotoxicityPh Hantson
Department of Intensive Care, Cliniques Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 43:111-2. 2005
- In vitro reduction of hexavalent chromium by a cell-free extract of Bacillus sp. ES 29 stimulated by Cu2+F A O Camargo
Department of Environmental Science, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 62:569-73. 2003..143 micromol min(-1) mg(-1) protein, a Km of 7.07 microM and a Ki of 1.58 microM. This study characterizes the enzymatic reduction of Cr(VI) by Bacillus sp. ES 29 which can be used for the bioremediation of chromate...
- Kinetics of the reduction of chromium(VI) by vitamin CXiang Rong Xu
Laboratory of Environmental Toxicology, Department of Ecology and Biodiversity, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:1310-4. 2005The kinetics of the reduction of Cr(VI) to Cr(III) by vitamin C was studied using potassium dichromate solution as the model pollutant...
- Chromate reduction by chromium-resistant bacteria isolated from soils contaminated with dichromateF A O Camargo
Department of Environmental Science, Univ of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Environ Qual 32:1228-33. 2003..36 nmol min(-1)). Our consortia and monocultures of these isolates can be useful for Cr(VI) detoxification at low and high concentrations in Cr(VI)-contaminated environments and under a wide range of environmental conditions...
- A subtoxic interactive toxicity study of ethanol and chromium in male Wistar ratsS Acharya
Department of Zoology, Saint Xavier's College, 400 001, Mumbai, India
Alcohol 23:99-108. 2001The purpose of this study was to evaluate the interactive toxicity of ethanol with potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7-chromium)...
- Renal proximal tubule segment-specific nephrotoxicity: an overview on biomarkers and histopathologyPatrizia Cristofori
GlaxoSmithKline, Verona, Italy
Toxicol Pathol 35:270-5. 2007....
- Genotoxic ability of cadmium, chromium and nickel salts studied by kinetochore staining in the cytokinesis-blocked micronucleus assayA I Seoane
, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, 60 y 118-CC. 296-B-1900 AVW, La Plata, Argentina
Mutat Res 490:99-106. 2001..chloride(II), cadmium sulfate(II), nickel chloride(II), nickel sulfate(II), chromium chloride(III) and potassium dichromate(IV) have been evaluated through kinetochore-stained micronucleus test...
- Expression of heat shock protein and hemoglobin genes in Chironomus tentans (Diptera, chironomidae) larvae exposed to various environmental pollutants: a potential biomarker of freshwater monitoringSoon Mi Lee
Faculty of Environmental Engineering, College of Urban Science, University of Seoul, 90 Jeonnong dong, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 743, South Korea
Chemosphere 65:1074-81. 2006..phthalate, endosulfan, paraquat dichloride, chloropyriphos, fenitrothion, cadmium chloride, lead nitrate, potassium dichromate, benzo[a]pyrene and carbon tetrachloride...
- Biochemical biomarkers in chronically metal-stressed daphnidsAnita Jemec
National Institute of Chemistry, Hajdrihova 19, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 147:61-8. 2008..We recommend more frequent use of a battery of biochemical biomarkers in combination with other higher-level biomarkers also in chronic studies and not only in the acute ones...
- Comparative sensitivity of three tropical cladoceran species (Diaphanosoma brachyurum, Ceriodaphnia rigaudii and Moinodaphnia macleayi) to six chemicalsAzad Mohammed
Department of Life Sciences, The University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad, West Indies
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 41:2713-20. 2006The toxicities of six chemicals (cadmium chloride, potassium dichromate, sodium dodecyl sulfate, potassium chloride, Tritox X-100 and copper (II) sulphate) was determined for three tropical freshwater cladoceran, Moinodaphnia macleayi, ..
- Effect of Rheum emodi (Revand Hindi) on renal functions in ratsM M Azhar Alam
Department of Ilmul Advia, Faculty of Medicine U, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi 110062, India
J Ethnopharmacol 96:121-5. 2005..alcoholic extract of Revand Hindi (Rheum emodi) were investigated on cadmium chloride, mercuric chloride, potassium dichromate and gentamicin-induced nephrotoxicity in rats and normal rats by monitoring the levels of urea nitrogen and ..
- Hypersensitivity to metals in orthodonticsLuciane M Menezes
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Rua Vicente da Fontoura, 2199 402, Santa Cecilia, Porto Alegre RS CEP 90 640 003, Brazil
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:58-64. 2004..The tested substances were cobalt chloride, copper sulfate, potassium dichromate, iron sulfate, manganese chloride, molybdenum salt, nickel sulfate, and titanium oxide...
- Suitability of the European standard series of patch test allergens in Pakistani patientsIjaz Hussain
Department of Dermatology, King Edward Medical College Mayo Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan
Contact Dermatitis 46:50-1. 2002
- Prurigo pigmentosa from contact allergy to chrome in detergentM H Kim
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
Contact Dermatitis 44:289-92. 2001..We report a case of prurigo pigmentosa induced by contact allergy to chrome in detergent, supporting the conclusion that contact allergens such as chrome may play a rÃ´le in inducing prurigo pigmentosa...
- Detection of dichromate (VI)-induced DNA strand breaks and formation of paramagnetic chromium in multiple mouse organsS Ueno
Laboratory of Veterinary Public Health, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Sciences, Higashi 23-35-1, Towada-shi, Aomori-ken, 034-8628, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 170:56-62. 2001....
- Oral chromium(VI) does not affect the frequency of micronuclei in hematopoietic cells of adult mice and of transplacentally exposed fetusesSilvio De Flora
Department of Health Sciences, University of Genoa, Via A Pastore 1, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Mutat Res 610:38-47. 2006..Sodium dichromate dihydrate and potassium dichromate were administered either with the drinking water, up to a concentration of 500 mg chromium(VI)/l for up to ..
- Time-resolved XANES speciation studies of chromium on soils during simulated contaminationP Kappen
Centre for Materials and Surface Science and Department of Physics, La Trobe University, Kingsbury Drive, Bundoora, Victoria 3086, Australia
Talanta 75:1284-92. 2008..Since the method allowed the soils to be investigated close to real-time, sampling in the field and preservation before analysis were made redundant. This study benefits the development of corresponding in situ remediation techniques...
- Oxidative damage produced by Cr(VI) and repair in mussel (Mytilus edulis L.) gillChristina Emmanouil
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Mar Environ Res 62:S292-6. 2006..In support of evidence for repair of oxidative DNA damage, we have also demonstrated for the first time repair activity in mussel gill towards 8-oxo-dG using an oligonucleotide cutting assay...
- Washing of new microscopic glass slides in dichromate solution does not influence sputum AFB smear resultsN Selvakumar
Tuberculosis Research Centre ICMR, Chennai, India
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 6:270-2. 2002..Microscopy centres in Tiruvallur District, Tamil Nadu, India, implementing DOTS...
- Fatal potassium dichromate ingestionN Sharma
J Postgrad Med 49:286-7. 2003
- Chromium induced testicular impairment in relation to adrenocortical activities in adult albino ratsAmar K Chandra
Endocrinology and Reproductive Physiology Laboratory, Department of Physiology, University of Calcutta, University College of Science and Technology, Kolkata 700009, West Bengal, India
Reprod Toxicol 24:388-96. 2007..Adrecortical hyperactivity accompanied by testicular oxidative stress might have a crucial role for Cr induced male reproductive impairment...
- Vitamin C attenuates potassium dichromate-induced nephrotoxicity and alterations in renal brush border membrane enzymes and phosphate transport in ratsSabiha Fatima
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, U P, India
Clin Chim Acta 386:94-9. 2007Exposure to chromium compounds can result in nephrotoxicity. The administration of potassium dichromate (K(2)Cr(2)O(7)), a hexavalent chromium compound, results in impairment in functions of renal brush border membrane (BBM).
- PJ34, a poly adenosine diphosphate-ribose polymerase inhibitor, attenuates chromate-induced nephrotoxicityPaola Yam-Canul
Department of Biology, School of Chemistry, National Autonomous University of Mexico, DF, Mexico
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 102:483-8. 2008b>Potassium dichromate (K(2)Cr(2)O(7))-induced nephrotoxicity is associated with oxidative stress...
- Beneficial effect of retinoic acid on the outcome of experimental acute renal failureAlejandro Perez
Department of Nephrology and Pathology, Centro Medico La Raza, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico City, Mexico
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2464-71. 2004..Pathological changes caused by acute renal failure (ARF) result in high mortality. We determined whether RA ameliorates ARF-induced pathology caused by potassium dichromate (PD).
- Malsegregation as a possible mechanism of aneuploidy induction by metal salts in MRC-5 human cellsA I Seoane
Centro de Investigaciones en Genética Básica y Aplicada, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, La Plata, Argentina
Environ Mol Mutagen 40:200-6. 2002..of mitosis, hypoploid metaphases, and kinetochore-positive micronuclei induced by cadmium chloride, potassium dichromate, and cacodilic acid (dimethylarsinic acid) in MRC-5 human cells were compared...
- Butylated hydroxytoluene does not protect Chinese hamster ovary cells from chromosomal damage induced by high-dose rate 192Ir irradiationC A Grillo
Centro de Investigaciones en Genética Básica y Aplicada CIGEBA, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias Universidad Nacional de La Plata, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Mutagenesis 21:405-10. 2006..hydroxytoluene (BHT) against the chromosomal damage induced by bleomycin (BLM), cadmium chloride and potassium dichromate. To test the hypothesis that this effect was exerted by inhibition and/or scavenging of reactive oxygen ..
- Genotoxicity modulation by cadmium treatment: studies in the Drosophila wing spot testMostapha Rizki
Grup de Mutagenesi, Departament de Genetica i de Microbiologia, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Environ Mol Mutagen 43:196-203. 2004..In addition, its possible modulating effect on the genotoxicity of two known mutagenic agents, potassium dichromate (PDC) and ethyl methanesulfonate (EMS), was investigated...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors as biomarkers for metal toxicity in vitroMarcella Cammarota
Department of Experimental Medicine, Biotechnology and Molecular Biology Section, Medical School, II University of Naples, Via L De Crecchio 7, 80128, Naples, Italy
Toxicol In Vitro 20:1125-32. 2006..Our results demonstrated that there is an association between metal toxicity and expression of MMPs and their inhibitors. These biomarkers could be potentially useful to elaborate a prediction model of chemical toxicity...
- Occupational asthma due to chromium and nickel saltsMar Fernández-Nieto
Department of Allergy, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Av Reyes Católicos, 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 79:483-6. 2006..Exposure to chromium and nickel salts is a poorly characterized cause of occupational asthma...
- Allergic contact dermatitis due to orthopedic shoes and a prosthesis for an amputated footMonica Corazza
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Section of Dermatology, University of Ferrara, Via Savonarola 9, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 55:115-7. 2006
- Application of inorganic oxidants to the spectrophotometric determination of ribavirin in bulk and capsulesIbrahim A Darwish
Assiut University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Assiut 71526, Egypt
J AOAC Int 89:341-51. 2006..ammonium sulfate, potassium permanganate, ammonium molybdate, ammonium metavanidate, chromium trioxide, potassium dichromate, potassium iodate, and potassium periodate...
- Contact hypersensitivity and allergic contact dermatitis among school children and teenagers with eczemaEwa Czarnobilska
Institute of Clinical and Environmental Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakrow, Poland
Contact Dermatitis 60:264-9. 2009..Patch testing is an essential procedure in the investigation of eczema in children...
- A physiologically based model for the ingestion of chromium(III) and chromium(VI) by humansE J O'Flaherty
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 3223 Eden Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0056, USA
Toxicol Sci 60:196-213. 2001..up to 10 mg/day of soluble inorganic salts of either Cr(III) (chromic chloride, CrCl(3)) or Cr(VI) (potassium dichromate, K(2)Cr(2)O(7)) (Finley et al., 1997, Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 142, 151-159; Kerger et al., 1996, Toxicol...
- [Epidemiology of contact dermatitis: prevalence of sensitization to different allergens and associated factors]Ma T Bordel-Gómez
Servicio de Dermatologia, Complejo Asistencial de Zamora, Zamora, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 101:59-75. 2010..In clinical practice, contact dermatitis is a relatively common skin complaint, whose prevalence has increased in recent years. Study by patch testing is essential for diagnosis of contact sensitization...
- Shoe allergens: retrospective analysis of cross-sectional data from the north american contact dermatitis group, 2001-2004Erin M Warshaw
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Dermatitis 18:191-202. 2007..Chemicals used in leather tanning, rubber processing, and/or adhesives are the most often-cited culprits in footwear dermatitis. Patch testing patients with suspected shoe dermatitis is essential for diagnosis and management...
- [Results of patch test in hairdressers examined in the institute of occupational medicine in Łódź]Marta Kiec-Swierczynska
Instytut Medycyny Pracy im prof J Nofera, Łódź Ośrodek Alergii Zawodowej i Zdrowia Srodowiskowego, Pracownia Dermatologii
Med Pr 60:459-67. 2009..The most frequent factors contributing to the skin damage include water, shampoos, detergents, conditioners, hair dyes, bleaches, permanent wave solutions, and components of gloves...
- Common allergens in shoe dermatitis: our experience in Lahore, PakistanZahida Rani
Department of Dermatology, King Edward Medical College Mayo Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan
Int J Dermatol 42:605-7. 2003..Allergic shoe dermatitis is commonly caused by constituents of rubber, leather, adhesives, and rarely by linings and dyes...
- [High prevalence of Cyclospora cayetanensis among indigenous people in Bolivar State, Venezuela]Rodolfo Devera
Escuela de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Oriente Núcleo Bolívar, Ciudad Bolivar, Venezuela
Cad Saude Publica 21:1778-84. 2005..Stool samples obtained by spontaneous evacuation were preserved in potassium dichromate 2.5% and examined by the formalin-ether concentration method and Kinyoun staining...
- Intestinal parasitic infections in Bekasi district, West Java, Indonesia and a comparison of the infection rates determined by different techniques for fecal examinationShoji Uga
Department of Medical Technology, Faculty of Health Science, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 33:462-7. 2002..The residual samples were suspended in more than five volumes of 2% potassium dichromate solution and brought to the Department of Parasitology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan, where ..
- Modulatory effect of distillate of Ocimum sanctum leaf extract (Tulsi) on human lymphocytes against genotoxicantsDipanwita Dutta
Environmental Biotechnology Division, National Environmental Engineering Research Institute NEERI, Nehru Marg, Nagpur 440020, India
Biomed Environ Sci 20:226-34. 2007..To study the modulatory effect of distillate of Ocimum sanctum (traditionally known as Tulsi) leaf extract (DTLE) on genotoxicants...
- Isospora orlovi infection in suckling dromedary camel calves (Camelus dromedarius) in KenyaS Bornstein
Department of Parasitology SWEPAR, National Veterinary Institute and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Parasitol 152:194-201. 2008..Samples found with coccidian oocysts were suspended in a 2% potassium dichromate solution. Isospora sp. was identified and samples with relatively high numbers of Isospora sp...
- European Standard Series patch test results from a contact dermatitis clinic in Israel during the 7-year period from 1998 to 2004Aneta Lazarov
Contact Dermatitis Clinic, Dermatology Clinic, Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Contact Dermatitis 55:73-6. 2006..9%), fragrance mix (7.1%), potassium dichromate (3.8%), Balsam of Peru (3.6%), CL+Me-isothiazolinone (3.4%) and cobalt chloride (3.4%)...
- Allergic and non-allergic periorbital dermatitis: patch test results of the Information Network of the Departments of Dermatology during a 5-year periodR A Herbst
Departments of Dermatology, Klinikum Dortmund gGmbH and University of Witten Herdecke, D 44137 D 44137 Dortmund, Germany
Contact Dermatitis 51:13-9. 2004..top allergens in OCs [such as fragrance mix, Myroxylon pereirae resin (balsam of Peru), lanolin alcohol and potassium dichromate] caused significantly fewer positive test reactions in both periorbital groups...
- Reproducibility of patch test results: a concurrent right-versus-left study using TRUE TestS Iris Ale
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Uruguay, Arazati 1194, PC 11300, Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact Dermatitis 50:304-12. 2004..chloride (3), lanolin alcohol (3), fragrance mix (2), carba mix (2), thiuram mix (2), colophonium (1), potassium dichromate (1), p-phenylenediamine (1), formaldehyde (1), balsam of Peru (Myroxylon pereirae resin) (1) and thimerosal ..
- Coccidian oöcysts as type-specimens: long-term storage in aqueous potassium dichromate solution preserves DNAR B Williams
Coxitec Consulting, Hertfordshire, UK
Syst Parasitol 76:69-76. 2010..As an alternative, chilled potassium dichromate solution (normally used in the laboratory to prevent putrefaction of temporary preparations of live oö..
- Contact hypersensitivity to stainless steel cages (chromium metal) in hairless descendants of mexican hairless dogsTohru Kimura
Center for Experimental Animals, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, 38, Nishigo naka, Myodaiji, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8585, Japan
Environ Toxicol 22:176-84. 2007..Patch tests exhibited positive reactions to potassium dichromate. Macroscopically, early lesions were macules and/or papules and they gradually progressed to severe ..
- Nickel, cobalt and chromate sensitization and occupationFrancesca Rui
Clinical Unit of Occupational Medicine, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Contact Dermatitis 62:225-31. 2010..Exposure to nickel, cobalt and chromate are important causes of occupational contact dermatitis...
- [The most frequent allergens in allergic contact dermatitis]T Oppel
Klinik und Poliklinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München und Hautarztpraxis in Friedberg, Bayern
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:1584-9. 2006..The prevalence of allergic contact dermatitis is high. Patch testing is the standard procedure to detect contact sensitivity. More than 3000 allergens are known, today. On the basis of the data of this study the top allergens are presented...
- Sample collection, filtration and preservation protocols for the determination of 'total dissolved' mercury in watersGwendy E M Hall
Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa, ON
Analyst 127:674-80. 2002..This may be a species transformation which is not detected by CV-ICP-MS from an HCl medium but this requires further investigation. Mercury was stable over the 28 days in the spiked blank MilliQ sample for all three preservation media...
- Effect of storage media, temperature, and time on preservation of Cryptosporidium parvum oocysts for PCR analysisL F Lalonde
Centre for Food borne and Animal Parasitology, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Vet Parasitol 160:185-9. 2009..5% potassium dichromate (4 degrees C), and gDNA from 10(4) oocysts was extracted in triplicate and subjected to PCR...
- Prevalence of allergic contact dermatitis in ThailandWaranya Boonchai
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Dermatitis 19:142-5. 2008..Patch testing is an effective diagnostic tool for clinically suspected allergic contact dermatitis. Previous studies have shown that the prevalence of specific allergens varies by geographic area...
- Allergic contact dermatitis in Operation Iraqi Freedom: use of the T.R.U.E. Test in the combat environmentJ Scott Henning
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Consortium, San Antonio Military Medical Center South, Lackland AFB, TX 78236, USA
Dermatitis 20:334-7. 2009..Refractory dermatitis can frequently cause loss of personnel and poses an economic drain on the military due to the evacuation of civilians and soldiers out of theater...
- Antioxidative efficiency of Triticum aestivum L. exposed to chromium stressSurjendu Kumar Dey
Department of Environmental Sciences, Fakir Mohan University, Vyasa Vihar, Balasore 756 019, India
J Environ Biol 30:539-44. 2009..The results indicated the imposition of oxidative stress situations both during germination and early stages of seedling growth by Cr6 stress, which might be one of the probable reasons behind Cr toxicity in plants...
- Contact sensitizer potassium dichromate alters lymphocyte populations in draining lymph nodes and blood in miceKohji Aoyama
Department of Environmental Medicine, Kagoshima University School of Medicine, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, 890 8520, Japan
Toxicol Mech Methods 17:475-81. 2007..BALB/c mice were sensitized by painting their ears with 0.5% potassium dichromate or vehicle alone on 3 consecutive days...
- Effect of garlic (Allium sativum) on nickel II or chromium VI induced alterations of glucose homeostasis and hepatic antioxidant status under sub-chronic exposure conditionsAmrita Das Gupta
Environmental Health Research Unit, Department of Physiology, Al Ameen Medical College, Bijapur 586108, Karnataka, India
J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 20:1-14. 2009..fresh aqueous homogenate of garlic; Group III, nickel sulfate; Group IV, nickel sulfate + garlic; Group V, potassium dichromate; Group VI, potassium dichromate + garlic...
- Non-invasive methods for identifying oocysts of Sarcocystis spp. from definitive hostsZheng Xiang
Parasitology Department, Kunming Medical College, Kunming, Yunnan 650031, PR China
Parasitol Int 58:293-6. 2009..from freshly prepared material, or as few as 50 sporocysts from feces samples that had been stored in potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7) for as long as 6 years...
- Precipitation of cetyl (hexadecyl) pyridineum chloride using mono and divalent oxyanionsM K Purkait
Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati 781039, India
J Hazard Mater 160:502-7. 2008..been carried out to observe the performance of precipitation behavior of potassium permanganate (KMnO4) and potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7) in cetyl (hexadecyl) pyridineum chloride (CPC) solution...
- [The Golgi silver impregnation method: commemorating the centennial of the Nobel Prize in medicine (1906) shared by Camillo Golgi and Santiago Ramón y Cajal]Orlando Torres-Fernández
Laboratorio de Microscopia, Instituto Nacional de Salud, Bogota D C, Colombia
Biomedica 26:498-508. 2006..based in the formation of opaque intracellular deposits of silver chromate obtained by the reaction between potassium dichromate and silver nitrate (black reaction)...
- Physical, epidemiological, and molecular evaluation of infection by Cryptosporidium galli in PasseriformesDeuvânia C da Silva
Curso de Medicina Veterinaria, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Campus de Araçatuba, Clovis Pestana Street, 793, CEP 16050 680, Bairro Dona Amélia, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
Parasitol Res 107:271-7. 2010..The samples were preserved in 2.5% potassium dichromate at 4 degrees C until processing...
- Distinct contributions of JNK and p38 to chromium cytotoxicity and inhibition of murine embryonic stem cell differentiationLiang Chen
Department of Environmental Health, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1124-30. 2009b>Potassium dichromate [Cr(VI)] is a widespread environmental toxicant responsible for increased risk of several human diseases...
- Simultaneous analysis of the local and systemic immune responses in mice to study the occupational asthma mechanisms induced by chromium and platinumMasarin Ban
Institut National de Recherche et de Sécurité INRS, Département Polluants et Santé, rue du Morvan, CS 60027, 54019 Vandoeuvre Cedex, France
Toxicology 277:29-37. 2010..sensitized and challenged three, four, or five times with sodium hexachloroplatinate (Pt salt) and with potassium dichromate (Cr salt) via the respiratory route...
- Purification and characterization of an extracellular beta-glucosidase from Monascus purpureusDaniel J Daroit
Laboratorio de Bioquimica e Microbiologia Aplicada, Departamento de Ciencia de Alimentos ICTA, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 91501 970, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:933-41. 2008..beta-Glucosidase affinity and hydrolytic efficiency were higher for pNPG, followed by maltose and cellobiose. Glucose and cellobiose competitively inhibited pNPG hydrolysis...
- Performance of a miniaturized algal bioassay in phytotoxicity screeningSusana M Paixão
INETI, Estrada do Paco do Lumiar 22, Lisboa, 1649 038, Portugal
Ecotoxicology 17:165-71. 2008..the toxicity testing of five reference toxicants (copper(II) sulfate, zinc sulfate, potassium permanganate, potassium dichromate and 3,5-Dichlorophenol) and six wastewater samples...
- A Case of Chromium Contact Dermatitis due to Exposure from a Golf GloveJong Ho Lim
Department of Dermatology, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Ann Dermatol 22:63-5. 2010..the causative agent, patch tests were performed and the results demonstrated a strong positive reaction to potassium dichromate 0.5% and to her own glove. The amount of chromium in her golf glove was analyzed to be 308...
- Patch testing experience with 1000 patientsA K Bajaj
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 73:313-8. 2007..It reveals the prevalence and trends of contact sensitization in the community, thereby paving the way for better standard series. There is paucity of large series of patch-tested patients from India...
- Cellular phone dermatitis with chromate allergyMariko Seishima
Department of Dermatology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Ogaki City, Japan
Dermatology 207:48-50. 2003..A patient with allergic contact dermatitis caused by hexavalent chromium plating on a cellular phone has already been reported...
- Acute effects of hexavalent chromium on survival, oxygen consumption, hematological parameters and some biochemical profiles of the Indian major carp, Labeo rohitaS S Vutukuru
Environmental and Molecular Toxicology Lab, Centre for Environment, Institute of Science and Technology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kukatpally, Andhra Pradesh, India
Int J Environ Res Public Health 2:456-62. 2005..adopting renewal bioassay technique (USEPA, 1975) over a period of 96 h, using different concentrations of potassium dichromate to the fish and the 96 h LC value was found to be 111.45 mg/l (Cr(+6) as 39.40 mg/l)...
- Contact allergy in patients with rosacea: a clinic-based, prospective epidemiological studyU Jappe
Department of Dermatology, University of Heidelberg, Medical University Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:1208-14. 2008..Rosacea is a relatively common inflammatory skin disease of unknown prevalence. The proportion of contact allergy complicating rosacea and its therapy, respectively, is largely unknown...
- MECHANISM OF METAL ANTAGONISTIC EFFECT ON BPDE MUTANTSDAVID REINHOLD; Fiscal Year: 1999..Previous work in applicant's laboratory has shown that normal human fibroblasts treated with either potassium dichromate or nickel subsulfide are refractive to the mutagenic effects of BPDE...
- In vitro refinements for Cryptosporidium parvumSTEVE UPTON; Fiscal Year: 2003..from feces at which time they are often exposed to a variety of chemical insults including reagents such as potassium dichromate and ether...
- IMMUNOPATHOGEN. OF OCCUP. DIS. DUE TO REACT. CHEMICALSDavid Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 1991..HSA conjugates of MDI, TDI, HDI and potassium dichromate will be prepared and chemically characterized...
- EFFECTS OF XENOBIOTICS ON RENAL MEMBRANE TRANSPORTWilliam Berndt; Fiscal Year: 1991..The nephrotoxicants to be studied are mercuric chloride, potassium dichromate, citrinin and hexachloro-1,3-butadiene...
- Hsp90 Mediates eNOS and Vascular FunctionKirkwood Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings from these studies will probably be relevant to and provide new understanding of mechanisms mediating vascular disease related to atherogenesis, hypertension and diabetes ..
- Native LDL, Cholesterol and Impaired VasodilationKirkwood Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2006..Investigations in to how 4F protects vascular function will provide new understanding of the mechanisms by which LDL impairs vasodilation and HDL protects vascular function. ..
- HDL Dysfunction and Vascular InflammationKirkwood A Pritchard; Fiscal Year: 2010..Through these studies, new treatment modalities may be realized for preventing vascular dysfunction in a variety of diseases characterized by increases in oxidative stress and inflammation. ..